PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 373.
#6701 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is TWD all over again for me. After these next two code updates I'll be playing this over and over for the next year!
Lyman is a F ing pinball genius.
Had to pass on SW and GOTG, waiting on next Lyman pin.

Well, GOTG will be another version of AS and KISS, whenever it gets finished.

Elvira House of Horrors could be fantastic ......yes, because Lyman will make it totally unique.

Reckon Elvira will be in cartoon form on the LCD.

I passed on a BM66LE and regret it now as Lyman may be slow but ain't no one else out there like him

#6702 6 years ago

Yelobird, the approach you described for changing the phone is basically what I did the first time I installed my mod without the cake pan. This was before I knew the cakepan existed and only found the phone from the Bat-cave playset. As Yelobird mentioned, the bat-cave playset phone is the one to get. It has the right amount of translucency to really light up well and its the perfect size for the cake pan. Although its expensive to buy that set just for the phone you also get a bunch of cool toys like Shakespeare bust, shark repellent, bat-zooka, bat-computer, bat-a-rangs,and even a 2 headed Batman/Bruce Wayne action figure!

batcave (resized).JPGbatcave (resized).JPG

Maybe someone with a 3D printer (looking at you Yelobird) could make a translucent bat-phone just like the one in the playset for a lot cheaper?

And I also thought about the fact that the bat-phone at Wayne manor does not have a cake pan on top of it. But my rationale is that it just looks cooler with it! If you really wanted to justify it logically you could assume Alfred saw the cake pan cover on the bat-phone in Commissioner Gordon's office and decided that having that dome keeps the bat-phone dust free and cleaner so he ended up getting one for the bat-phone in Bruce's study.

The part of the original approach I didn't like was that the Stern LED board was now mounted under the plastic instead of on the big chew toy phone above the plastic. When I attached the Stern LED board under the plastic using a nut/bolt I was worried that the ball traveling at the just the right rate of speed and maybe a little bounce might possibly nick the head of bolt or the edge of the LED board. Not sure if that would actually happen or not but pinballs with nicks in them end up destroying playfields. So once i saw the cake pan option I figured out an alternate way to light the phone up and keep everything far away from the ball.

I think I found a better way though once you add the cake pan. The phone that comes with the cake pan is glued to the top of it. Just rip it off and toss it in the garbage. It not translucent enough and it no more detailed than the larger Stern version.

original_phone (resized).jpgoriginal_phone (resized).jpg

The bottom of the cake pan can be popped out fairly easily using the tip of an exacto blade.

pop_base (resized).jpgpop_base (resized).jpg
bottom_popped (resized).jpgbottom_popped (resized).jpg

Drill a 3/16" hole right through the middle of the top. This is just big enough to tightly wedge a 5mm red LED in there. You also drill an access hole on the side of the cake pan so your wires can come out the side instead of the bottom. This way you have a nice flat bottom to attach to your plastic.

drill led hole (resized).jpgdrill led hole (resized).jpg
drill side hole (resized).jpgdrill side hole (resized).jpg

I reused the harness from the Stern LED board. You just need to wire a resistor in with it the regulate the current. Calculate the required resistor using something like this:

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

Most generic red LED's will have about a 2v voltage drop and run on 20ma. So if you used this LED:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9590

You would need a 150 or higher resistor. As the resitor value goes up the LED would get a little dimmer as the current would decrease. I think I used a 200 ohm resitor when I did mine.

I disconnected the Stern LED board harness from under the turntable so it would be easier to work with on the workbench. You need to un-solder the +5v and ground from the Stern LED board and solder them to your LED/resistor. Before you solder to your LED, feed the +5v and ground wires through the hole in the side of the cake pan. Solder the +5V from the Stern wire harness to the longer leg of the LED (this is + side or anode) then solder the ground wire from the Stern harness to one end of your resistor and the other end of your resistor gets soldered to shorter length leg of the LED (minus side or cathode). you should add some electrical tape or shrink tubing on the LED leads so they don't short out to each other.

Using a little dab of super glue you can reattach the bottom of the cake pan. For the phone I use "glue dots" to glue the phone to the cakepan over the LED.

glue dots (resized).jpgglue dots (resized).jpg

Then I use some more glue dots to attach the dome of the cake pan on top. I also use the glue dots to attached the base of the phone and the Shakespeare bust to the plastic on the turntable. The glue dots are very strong and nothing has fallen off yet. They are also removable if need be.

phone harness (resized).jpgphone harness (resized).jpg

I decided I like the larger Shakespeare bust vs the smaller one that comes with the batcave playset. You can get the larger bust at the same place you get the cake pan for $6.
http://figurestoycompany.com/batmanclassictvseriesdarkbluebatarangaccessory-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.aspx

busts (resized).jpgbusts (resized).jpg

If some of you need help with this and want me to make up kits so you just plug and play install it I could provide that.

#6703 6 years ago

I highly recommend this setup. Looks a rn better. Thanks doc for the great idea!

#6704 6 years ago

Doc...it seems you used a factory hole to feed your wires through? While Yelobird drilled a hole? Am I correct? Does it matter?

#6705 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Doc...it seems you used a factory hole to feed your wires through? While Yelobird drilled a hole? Am I correct? Does it matter?

The method I used is assuming you wish to simply use the stock LED board Stern provided. Doc is wiring in a custom LED and using their hole. Both would work depending on your level of effort. As mentioned, there are Many different ways to do the same task. We shared a few to get you started.

#6706 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The method I used is assuming you wish to simply use the stock LED board Stern provided. Doc is wiring in a custom LED and using their hole. Both would work depending on your level of effort. As mentioned, there are Many different ways to do the same task. We shared a few to get you started.

Either way works. Just make sure your wire doesn't get in the way of possible ball travel. The hole I used was an existing hole behind the TV.

So Yelobird, can your 3D printer replicate the same translucent plastic style of the phone from the batcave playset?

#6707 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Either way works. Just make sure your wire doesn't get in the way of possible ball travel. The hole I used was an existing hole behind the TV.
So Yelobird, can your 3D printer replicate the same translucent plastic style of the phone from the batcave playset?

Pretty sure I could. Not a real difficult element to reproduce. Let me look into it! Holding out for your Bat signal offering!! lol

#6708 6 years ago

Became a proud B66 owner last week!

After reading up here I read about the Joker target problem and created a small fix for it.
As my game will be going on location in Belgium begin December I didn't want the target to get stuck of course for the location players...

What I did do is the following:
-Cut a small piece of 0,5mm Lexan
-Slide it firmly between the targets as shown in the picture

And that's basically it as the lexan sits very firmly between the target brackets.

You can't even see it when installed and the target doesn't get stuck anymore!

Curious to see how the fix will hold up on location use!

IMG_1216 (resized).JPGIMG_1216 (resized).JPG

IMG_1217 (resized).JPGIMG_1217 (resized).JPG

#6709 6 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

After reading up here I read about the Joker target problem and created a small fix for it.
As my game will be going on location in Belgium begin December I didn't want the target to get stuck of course for the location players...
And that's basically it as the lexan sits very firmly between the target brackets.

Very creative thanks for sharing that tip! After bending mine I have knock on wood had no issues but I will keep that simple tip in mind if the need arises!

#6710 6 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Yes, good idea. Mine was getting stuck a bunch. I asked Stern about it and they told me to stick a flat-head screwdriver on the left side and move the target over. It seems to have fixed the problem, but if it works it way back over to the sticking spot, i will do the lexan.

#6711 6 years ago

Is there only one multiball in the game currently? Any rumors about future code adding more?

#6712 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Is there only one multiball in the game currently? Any rumors about future code adding more?

There's 2 at the moment (Main Multiball and Villain Escape once you catch all the villains). Haven't had any confirmation of more multiballs, but hoping there is at least another couple. Only Lyman knows at this point.

#6713 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There's 2 at the moment (Main Multiball and Villain Escape once you catch all the villains). Haven't had any confirmation of more multiballs, but hoping there is at least another couple. Only Lyman knows at this point.

Thanks. Since the main villains have multiple cliffhanger levels to them now, it might be nice if at least one level of each villain would be multi. Hopefully there will be more...only one multi other than the wizard mode is a slight bummer.

#6714 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks. Since the main villains have multiple cliffhanger levels to them now, it might be nice if at least one level of each villain would be multi. Hopefully there will be more...only one multi other than the wizard mode is a slight bummer.

Do the current multi-balls use all the balls in the game. I guess I have never really counted when I am playing.

#6715 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There is a Batusi champion award. I'm assuming that will be some type of multi ball. Some of Lyman's past games usually have a big wizard mode at end with multi ball as part of it.

#6716 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Do the current multi-balls use all the balls in the game. I guess I have never really counted when I am playing.

I think the main multiball starts with 3 or 4 but it can add balls. I remember Robin saying "Holy additional chromium sphere" during mutliball and another ball was added. I dont remember what I did to make that happen. Ive never seen all 6 balls going at once.

#6717 6 years ago

Hoping for new code tomorrow!

#6718 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think the main multiball starts with 3 or 4 but it can add balls. I remember Robin saying "Holy additional chromium sphere" during mutliball and another ball was added. I dont remember what I did to make that happen. Ive never seen all 6 balls going at once.

Add a ball during main multiball (not sure about villain escape) - light and get mystery during multiball (4 bat targets on inlanes) and it always awards an add-a-ball.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Would be great to get a multiball for finally capturing a villain after choosing all the cliffhangers.

#6719 6 years ago

I want to thank Cliffy for once again, with his great work, protecting my BM66 playfield! Cliffy is definitely the best guy to deal with and you should not settle for poor imitations (Stern!).

Here's Cliffy's new Top Right Eject (Mystery) kickout area protectors (hole and surrounding area):

039 (resized).jpg039 (resized).jpg

The Penguin VUK/Scoop protector:

029 (resized).jpg029 (resized).jpg

Shooter lane kickout and rail protectors:

016 (resized).jpg016 (resized).jpg

Support Cliffy when you can folks. He's one guy that's made a huge difference for the community.

#6720 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

The last Stern update said "around Thanksgiving". Although I would like that to mean "before Thanksgiving", I suspect it means "after Thanksgiving but before Christmas" - especially since we haven't seen the promised teaser pic of minor villains yet.

(Never been so happy to be wrong)

#6721 6 years ago

.83 is up!
Very small update, partial mini villain for (mr. freeze). Not all of them. Progress is progress!

#6722 6 years ago

PS.
Thank you Lyman and team!!

#6723 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

.83 is up!
Very small update, partial mini villain for (mr. freeze). Not all of them. Progress is progress!

What shape does the partial mini-villain take? Curious to know what he's going to do with them.

#6724 6 years ago

V0.83.0 - Nov. 21, 2017
=======================

- Added 4 mini-TVs to the LCD display to show effects and scores for
stacked modes. The most recently started mode is shown in the large TV.
Any previous mode occupying the large TV is pushed down to a small TV
from left to right, top to bottom.
- Added a first part for Mr. Freeze mode (episodes 53/54). Shoot 6 blue
(ice) shots to finish. Shoot red shots to turn them blue. Defeating
Mr. Freeze will stop most timed things from counting down (for the rest
of the ball, for now).
- Added a mode for Egghead (episodes 47/48, Egg Fight). All switches
score 250,000 and build a jackpot that can be lit on one of the shots
by using the gadget button. Once the jackpot is lit, the points from
the switches stop adding to the jackpot. The mode ends when time runs
out or when the jackpot is collected.
- Mr. Freeze "frozen" timers for villain escape will allow points to be
added from switches for the duration of the mode instead of terminating
that portion of the scoring when the multiball starts.
- Added minor villain modes to criteria for timed modes, so ADD MORE TIME
from MYSTERY works correctly.
- Reworked Bat Turn award display effect so it doesn't take so long.

#6725 6 years ago

And I just got into bed ...

And I won't be able to update the game until Thanksgiving now, so hope to see some early reviews. Curious to see the mini-TV modes look.

#6726 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

V0.83.0 - Nov. 21, 2017
=======================
of the ball, for now).

Holy extra modes Batman. If we multiply those minor villains by 12 (is it 4 mini villains per season?) that's a huge amount of content.

Love that Mr Freeze is a substantial mode in itself, but the "reward" for finishing also flows over into the main gameplay. Has that ever been done before?

#6727 6 years ago

They said something would happen, and then it did. Awesome.

#6728 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

They said something would happen, and then it did. Awesome.

Not only that but it also happened a little ahead of schedule. Plus don't forget they gave also gave an unannounced update 2 weeks ago. Maybe they are going back to the two weeks per update goal? 3 updates in less than a month, I guess xmas is coming a little early this year.

Thanks to Lyman and the Batman66 code crew!

#6729 6 years ago

Thanks Stern, keep this up and I might be back to purchasing all your releases again

To the batcave !

#6730 6 years ago

20% downloaded. I'm really happy with .81 Adding minor villains is going to be great.

#6731 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Not only that but it also happened a little ahead of schedule.

And the Facebook page says another update for Christmas!

#6732 6 years ago

I like how Lyman actually mentions the episode numbers it the release notes and is linking them to gameplay. That Egghead episode has a huge egg fight at the end of it. Looks like Lyman is using that for the basis of the Egghead mini mode so we should see some great egg throwing action on the LCD.

egg_fight (resized).jpgegg_fight (resized).jpg

The Mr Freeze episode mentioned has a death trap of dynamic due getting frozen into giant snow cones. That would be a hilarious scene to show on the LCD during that mode.

sno-cones (resized).jpgsno-cones (resized).jpg

#6733 6 years ago

Holy crap Doc! I just saw your pics of your Bat signal topper. It looks amazing! Such a better display than Stern's. Will I be able to do a clean swap for your beacon with my Premium? If so PLEASE count me in for one!

#6734 6 years ago

Holy crap Doc! I just saw your pics of your Bat signal topper. It looks amazing! Such a better display than Stern's. Will I be able to do a clean swap for your beacon with my Premium? If so PLEASE count me in for one!

I don't know the exact model mating connector needed for a total plug and pay for your situation. But if you don't mind using something like this type of splice connector it would be able to turn on/off just like the Stern one does since you have the needed CPU controlled node boards.

wire splicer (resized).jpgwire splicer (resized).jpg

#6735 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I don't know the exact model mating connector needed for a total plug and pay for your situation. But if you don't mind using something like this type of splice connector it would be able to turn on/off just like the Stern one does since you have the needed CPU controlled node boards.

Awesome! Please put me down for one if you don't mind.

#6736 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I like how Lyman actually mentions the episode numbers it the release notes and is linking them to gameplay. That Egghead episode has a huge egg fight at the end of it. Looks like Lyman is using that for the basis of the Egghead mini mode so we should see some great egg throwing action on the LCD.

The Mr Freeze episode mentioned has a death trap of dynamic due getting frozen into giant snow cones. That would be a hilarious scene to show on the LCD during that mode.

Do you remember seeing those in Pinball Browser? Been so long since I looked.

#6737 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I like how Lyman actually mentions the episode numbers it the release notes and is linking them to gameplay. That Egghead episode has a huge egg fight at the end of it. Looks like Lyman is using that for the basis of the Egghead mini mode so we should see some great egg throwing action on the LCD

Funny story regarding that episode. Burt Ward was complaining to the producers that he wasn't getting as many lines as Adam was. He was becoming the typical primadonna as the show's popularity was at an all time high. So to kinda put him in his place the writers wrote that scene and specifically had Egghead overdo the egg smashing on Burt. After the episode was shot Burt mentioned to Dozier that he will never complain about a script again.

#6738 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I sent your dog replacement out no charge and a few dog treats to keep him away this time. lol

If the treats are in the same package, it might even be worse than the first time!

#6739 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

well it came a day early!!!

#6740 6 years ago

v0.83 is out!
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-super-le

V0.83.0 - Nov. 21, 2017
=======================

of the ball, for now).

#6741 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

v0.83 is out!
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-super-le
V0.83.0 - Nov. 21, 2017
=======================
of the ball, for now).

On a good news note, at least you're not as late letting everyone know as the guy at Stern that supposedly sends us the Commissioner Gordon e-mail updates when new code is available. I never got an e-mail for the last update, or this one so far.

#6742 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

On a good news note, at least you're not as late letting everyone know as the guy at Stern that supposedly sends us the Commissioner Gordon e-mail updates when new code is available. I never got an e-mail for the last update, or this one so far.

There may be some other problem then. I gotten them all so far. The announcement of .83 was sent out within a half hour of the code being posted on the site.

#6743 6 years ago

A little laid back in San Diego bjorg

You're late by a couple if time zones ...

#6744 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There may be some other problem then. I gotten them all so far. The announcement of .83 was sent out within a half hour of the code being posted on the site.

Hmm, I haven't a clue. I guess it's not worth worrying about thanks to the great people and quick news updates in this awesome club thread. Still, it's another great mystery of how I got dropped off the distro list from the .7 codes to the .8 codes. I'll add this mystery to the other great BM66 question marks that don't belong to Riddler: decision to go with a lock bar sticker instead of something metal like TWD, GoT, etc., the long Summer drought in code, a loose screw and washer I never figured out where went, and how Batuzi will be implemented, among others.

#6745 6 years ago

Well....got a few games in...gotta get up early in the AM.....minor villians (Mr. Freeze and Egghead currently) are NOT Minor in gameplay!!!! tons of clips, logical shot layout...Mr.Freeze more complete than Egghead..."extra time" from mystery award actually ties to a timer now. It's on now!!!! if all minors get finished like this, with other Lyman magic.....this game is absolutely a blast!!!!

Hated to stop, but no choice...be playing it alot over the weekend.

GREAT UPDATE!!!!! well worth the effort.....officially a f**king awesome game from here on out...THANK YOU!!!!!

#6746 6 years ago

In this weird way, this whole B66 journey has been such a blast that wouldn't have happened if not for the f*d up way it was released, marketed, and subsequently coded. With all its ups and downs, it's by far the best Club on Pinside. How cool would it be to all catch up and have some beers at TPF? We'd all wear the exclusive "I bought Batman 66 and Survived" T-shirts made by Yelo.

When this thing is finally complete Pinside will be so boring. (except for all the PM's from the hordes of haters who now want to buy this Lyman masterpiece - and we can tell them all to get F*D).

Is this kind of how Stokholm Syndrome works?

#6747 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

In this weird way, this whole B66 journey has been such a blast that wouldn't have happened if not for the f*d up way it was released, marketed, and subsequently coded. With all its ups and downs, it's by far the best Club on Pinside. How cool would it be to all catch up and have some beers at TPF? We'd all wear the exclusive "I bought Batman 66 and Survived" T-shirts made by Yelo.
When this thing is finally complete Pinside will be so boring. (except for all the PM's from the hordes of haters who now want to buy this Lyman masterpiece - and we can tell them all to get F*D).
Is this kind of how Stokholm Syndrome works?

Still plenty of premiums if thats the case....but i dont believe there b a run on them with so many new pins coming out.

#6748 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Still plenty of premiums if thats the case....but i dont believe there b a run on them with so many new pins coming out.

Yeh, that bit was definitely a joke. Having said that Ive had quite a few friends over here hitting me up asking about B66 in the past coupe of weeks.

#6749 6 years ago

Quick hits after a few games:

1. New mini tv screens are great.
2. Earning TV Villains on purpose is difficult.
3. Egghead and Freeze are Season 2; season 1 and 3 are disabled now. No mistake about what you can choose.
4. Egghead is a frenzy with a twist. I like it. Needs some sound work but pretty nice.
5. So many clips and callouts in 81 and 83 that its really great. I still keep noticing little details.
6. Nice changes, but right now I don't see how egghead is a 'power up', but Freeze certainly is.
7. Capturing 3 seasons of TVV is going to be very difficult.

#6750 6 years ago

...I’ll promise now that I won’t ask Vireland for more graphs...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.