PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 373.
#1601 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Once my LE arrives, I can give my new Batmobile a test fit, fingers crossed.

Can you tell us the length of the hallmark batmobile?

#1602 7 years ago

So much for everything working fine.

Batmobile keeps falling off so I took it off and will fix it another day.

After about 10 games the right flipper died.

#1603 7 years ago

Not sure the Hallmark Batmobile will fit. It's definitely longer than the Hot Wheels one. I'll measure mine tonight and post if someone else doesn't do so before me. By the way does anyone know how to adjust the crane so it's centered above each target? Mine is off a little and when it returns home it smacks the metal on the side.

#1604 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I'd give Stern a call. It looks like they've updated the mounting solution for the batmobile on the spinner. Now looks like its riveted on vs 2 screws like the early shipped pins. Which do you have?

#1605 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I'd give Stern a call. It looks like they've updated the mounting solution for the batmobile on the spinner. Now looks like its riveted on vs 2 screws like the early shipped pins. Which do you have?

2 screws.

#1606 7 years ago

See if they'll send out an updated replacement. Let us know.

#1607 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Have asked them.

Need to fix the flipper now.

#1608 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Not sure the Hallmark Batmobile will fit. It's definitely longer than the Hot Wheels one. I'll measure mine tonight and post if someone else doesn't do so before me. By the way does anyone know how to adjust the crane so it's centered above each target? Mine is off a little and when it returns home it smacks the metal on the side.

I would look underneath. There has to be sensors down there under the metal plate.

#1609 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Check that Node board #8 and make sure everything is seated properly

If you need a new board it's a simple change out

#1610 7 years ago

Hallmark Batmobile is just over 4" long.

IMAG0242 (resized).jpgIMAG0242 (resized).jpg

#1611 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I would look underneath. There has to be sensors down there under the metal plate.

Thanks Trekkie. Will have a look first chance I get.

#1612 7 years ago

What size is the stock hot wheels Batmobile?

#1613 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What size is the stock hot wheels Batmobile?

Exactly 1" shorter at just over 3" long.

#1614 7 years ago

Would be a bit concerned the other larger, die cast Batmobile's are too heavy for the spinner. Has anyone tried it?

#1615 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Check that Node board #8 and make sure everything is seated properly
If you need a new board it's a simple change out

All fixed. A wire needed soldering to the coil lug. Don't know how it lasted 10 games before falling off it was such a nasty solder job.

#1616 7 years ago

Thanks for measuring, looks like its too big for the spinner.

#1617 7 years ago

Question,Bat Fans,On the little t.v. ,all I have seen is a View of the Batcave and Red bat phone!! Has anyone else seen anything move on the t.v.??Any different view,or scene??Thanks!!

#1618 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Question,Bat Fans,On the little t.v. ,all I have seen is a View of the Batcave and Red bat phone!! Has anyone else seen anything move on the t.v.??Any different view,or scene??Thanks!!

Did you get a multi-ball yet?

#1619 7 years ago

YES???

#1620 7 years ago

That little TV should be going nuts during multi-ball.

On .68 code?

#1621 7 years ago

Yes,68 code!!! I can't take my eyes off the balls long enough to see anything else!!!Thank-you trekkie!!

#1622 7 years ago

Need some help here. Just received a new rotating assembly from Stern. After installing it, I noticed that the front part of the rotating disk facing towards the player isn't flush with the playfield. Ball at times will get stuck on the left and center lip which at the moment is about 1/8 - .25 lower than it should be.

Called support and they tried to explain that there is a way to adjust the mech. Still confused on where to change the height. If someone has expierenced the same issue can you post a pic showing which screw(s) to adjust. Thanks in advance!

#1623 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Need some help here. Just received a new rotating assembly from Stern. After installing it, I noticed that the front part of the rotating disk facing towards the player isn't flush with the playfield. Ball at times will get stuck on the left and center lip which at the moment is about 1/8 - .25 down. I
Called support and they tried to explain that there is a way to adjust the mech. Still confused on where to change the height. If someone has expierenced the same issue can you post a pic showing which screw(s) to adjust. Thanks in advance!

I have a similar issue and couldn't find a way to adjust one section of the turntable - need a way to tilt the center support axis.

#1624 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

They will. Spoke to Chaz a few minutes ago. Sending me a replacement Batmobile assembly and a shipping label to send the old one back.

#1625 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have a similar issue and couldn't find a way to adjust one section of the turntable - need a way to tilt the center support axis.

According to Chaz, if you put the turntable in the Batphone position, there should be two feet that can be loosened to allow you to adjust the pitch. I don't remember seeing those, but will check it out.

#1626 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

They will. Spoke to Chaz a few minutes ago. Sending me a replacement assembly and a shipping label to send the old one back.

Sending a new turn table? I watched tech adjusting it to level. Took some trial and error to get it right

#1627 7 years ago

Acually,there are 3 little "feet" the turntable sits on.These have little screws in them to adjust the height of the table!

#1628 7 years ago

iceman44 and myself have had to replace this piece completely!!

#1629 7 years ago

are you guys talking about the entire turntable, the whole big mech, or the mini turntable (batmobile spinner) section?
I still need to go under the PF and see if I can ever so slightly lower the level on the base of batmobile spinner section. Still get balls hung up on its back edge (center area of the big mech)

#1630 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sending a new turn table? I watched tech adjusting it to level. Took some trial and error to get it right

No, just the Batmobile spinner. I'm going to see if the turntable front to back leveling can be done before I would ask for a replacement. I'm concerned it might be damaged because it wasn't properly secured to the playfield, but if it can be leveled that's a whole lot easier then replacing the whole thing.

#1631 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

are you guys talking about the entire turntable, the whole big mech, or the mini turntable (batmobile spinner) section?
I still need to go under the PF and see if I can ever so slightly lower the level on the base of batmobile spinner section. Still get balls hung up on its back edge (center area of the big mech)

Same here ... anyone solves this please, please post results!

20170107_165039 (resized).jpg20170107_165039 (resized).jpg

#1632 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Same here ... anyone solves this please, please post results!

Try setting the pitch of your game to 7.1. I have not had one hang up with that setup.

#1633 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Try setting the pitch of your game to 7.1. I have not had one hang up with that setup.

Will do and report back - thx

#1634 7 years ago

I left Chaz a message with hopes that he'll send a pic of which bolt(s) to adjust to change the pitch. If he does, I'll be sure to share it here as it seems I'm not the only one trying to figure this out. They sent me a whole replacement so I've had the opportunity to look over the turntable outside of the game. Chaz said the adjustment is not where the assembly mounts to the underside of the playfield, rule that out as an option. The same brackets that mount to the playfield connect to an circular metal frame with with 3 L shape like arms that require a Philips screw driver to loosen. It seems like the only possible solution to fixing the pitch, but when I attempted this the assembly did not stay tightly together, it just slid back and forth until I tightened it back as before. Only option I see is to take the screw(s) all the way out and place some washers in between the bracket, add as many as needed to raise the turn table until the right pitch is desired. Place back in the screw and problem might be fixed. Chaz never mentioned I would have to go through so much work...so I'm assuming I'm still looking in the wrong place. Keep you guys updated if I hear back from him...

Thanks!

#1635 7 years ago

Anyone that used Facebook with George added, seen any hints regarding next code drop? I know George has dropped a day or hint with the last two updates.

#1636 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

With regard to the turntable, I'm not talking about adjusting it up and down. I can't figure out how to adjust the front to back or side to side pitch.

#1637 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

With regard to the turntable, I'm not talking about adjusting it up and down. I can't figure out how to adjust the front to back or side to side pitch.

Mine needs to come down at the back (the big turntable).

#1638 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think we're all having this same problem. What's odd is that back-side of my turntable is flush with the backside of the playfield as it should be but the front is .25" too low. There's one center rod connecting all of the layered turntable pieces together...like a kebab. That being said, there's some give (slack) on the rod allowing the top part to shift ever so slightly but enough to throw it off alignment. If you look just under the table about an inch down there's 3 white colored plastics with a small lip that look to guide/support the circular metal plate as it rotates. I may attempt to mess with them this evening to see if adjusting them makes any difference. If it does work...it will be a real bitch to fine tune.

#1639 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I think we're all having this same problem. What's odd is that back-side of my turntable is flush with the backside of the playfield as it should be but the front is .25" too low. There's one center rod connecting all of the layered turntable pieces together...like a kebab. That being said, there's some give (slack) on the rod allowing the top part to shift ever so slightly but enough to throw it off alignment. If you look just under the table about an inch down there's 3 white colored plastics with a small lip that look to guide/support the circular metal plate as it rotates. I may attempt to mess with them this evening to see if adjusting them makes any difference. If it does work...it will be a real bitch to fine tune.

So we need to be able to change the angle of the kebab. Mine is perfect at the front, but high at the back. I tried using some washers to change the angle of the whole mech where it attaches to the under PF but it made the front too high and the alignment seemed to be stressing the motor a bit.

I would be happy with flush at the front and the turntable lower at the back.

#1640 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I would be happy with flush at the front and the turntable lower at the back.

IIRC, this is the way Chas said it is supposed to be. It apparently is not supposed to be perfectly level at all three positions (which I don't understand).

#1641 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I tried using some washers to change the angle of the whole mech where it attaches to the under PF but it made the front too high and the alignment seemed to be stressing the motor a bit.

This is what I was concerned about when the idea came to mind. Glad you spoke up with your attempt...all we need is fixed turntables with blown motors. The backside of the turntable can be lower than the playfield but not higher or the ball(s) will not be able to enter the 3 ball multiball chamber. As long as the front is flush, I have to say play on. Problem for some of is it's not flush with the playfield causing the ball to get stuck on the edge.

No call or text message from Chaz today...hopefully tomorrow.

#1642 7 years ago

For LE and SLE owners.

Does the bat logo on your topper go on and off or is it on all the time?

I noticed mine is always on and when I go into diagnostics for that lamp its still on and doesn't flash.

Is this how it works on everyone elses topper?

#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For LE and SLE owners.
Does the bat logo on your topper go on and off or is it on all the time?
I noticed mine is always on and when I go into diagnostics for that lamp its still on and doesn't flash.
Is this how it works on everyone elses topper?

I believe mine is always on. Can't check tonight, but can tomorrow.

#1644 7 years ago

I like my turn table just a tiny bit lower than the PF. A tiny bit higher is not good

#1645 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like my turn table just a tiny bit lower than the PF.

I figured you'd like a turntable that actually works. No problem on mine that I can see.

They really need to get busy on that code though. I really don't need skillshot instructions on the tv screen long after I've already made the shots.

#1646 7 years ago

OK you guys go fu....g around with that metal "kabob",you break it,and a replacement will cost you more time than money to replace! Now,I'm warning you! Of 3 B66s in my area,my tech has had the same thing happen to all three!Just a headsup on a weak part!!

#1647 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK you guys go fu....g around with that metal "kabob",you break it,and a replacement will cost you more time than money to replace! Now,I'm warning you! Of 3 B66s in my area,my tech has had the same thing happen to all three!Just a headsup on a weak part!!

The tech has broken 3 turntables? Doing what exactly?

#1648 7 years ago

My topper arrived today and Stern are sending me an updated batmobile riveted to the disc. All good.

#1649 7 years ago

Ok guys, Chaz came through with the pic as to what to what needs to be loosened in order to change the pitch of the turntable. He confirmed what I questioned and circled on the photo as the right screw(s) to loosen in order to change the pitch of the turntable.

Be sure the whole turntable assembly is screwed tightly to the playfield before preparing to adjust the pitch.

There are three of these brackets w/bolts that you need to loosen at the same time but do not unscrew them all the way. (See pic) You will know when it's loose enough as there will be some give allowing you to move the turntable up and down. I had the playfield up leaning against the head unit as if I were to do standard maintenance under the playfield. I then placed one hand on the turntable and playfield while looking at the underside of the playfield, using the other hand to push the turntable focusing first on front part until I could feel that the turntable was flush with the playfield. While holding the turntable flush with the playfield, slightly tightened the screws just enough so you can lower the playfield to check that it's aligned correctly. If aligned, tighten all 3 screws well. I was able to aligned the table on my first try...lucky I suppose.

Taking out the whole playfield and putting it on a turntable would be best if you have one. Unfortunately I do not and had to go the route as I described to get it fixed. Not ideal but it worked.

IMG_0318 (resized).JPGIMG_0318 (resized).JPG

#1650 7 years ago

rlslick Is that for the entire turntable or the batmobile spinner?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.