PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 373.
#1301 7 years ago

Hay Batfans,I was just at a store called here :Big-Lots: They have some awesome Batsighns and other rare bat items!! Any one else notice this?? The Bat Sighns are ways cool!!

#1302 7 years ago

Here is what I'm gonna tackle tonight. Chas was very helpful as usual.

1). Turn table assembly is likely screwed up with a broken weld. Not sure. Gonna try again tonight with code update. But table won't turn all the way.

I will go through distro for a replacement most likely.

2). Flippers are dead. He said it might be related to Node 8 being bad and has to be replaced. One strange thing though is that while doing the glass off thing last night, the right flipper moved upright and stayed locked until I turned it off again. Weird.

3). Wiring assembly from the head down to the PF appears to be too short! I can't get the PF into the full service position, too tight, yep I've looked for any crimping or hang ups.

Says they possibly hooked up a shorter one? He was going to check himself.

I'll post pics tonight of card and plaque and update progress if any!

#1303 7 years ago

Bummer @iceman44; I'm sorry that your game isn't working. You can't even get far enough for the car to start falling off and the ramps to rattle.

#1304 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think someone was talking about making a laser cut metal emblem mod for the lockdown bar button?

It's a $15,000 USD machine ... you shouldn't need to add ANYTHING ....

Quoted from iceman44:

1). Turn table assembly is likely screwed up with a broken weld. Not sure. Gonna try again tonight with code update. But table won't turn all the way.
2). Flippers are dead. He said it might be related to Node 8 being bad and has to be replaced. One strange thing though is that while doing the glass off thing last night, the right flipper moved upright and stayed locked until I turned it off again. Weird.
3). Wiring assembly from the head down to the PF appears to be too short! I can't get the PF into the full service position, too tight, yep I've looked for any crimping or hang ups.

What a clusterf**k!

No way a machine should ship like that.

rd

#1305 7 years ago

Yeah, wow, that's the price of a car.

#1306 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What a clusterf**k!
No way a machine should ship like that.
rd

x1000!!!

Hope you get your machine up and running ASAP! I should be excited to get mine this week but I'm nervous as Hell its gonna have a bunch of problems. Not what a NIB buying experience should be.

#1307 7 years ago

These quality issues are a frikkin joke.

I think all Stern games should ship with this. It adds about $2.00 to the cost so uncle Gary may want to use an off brand instead.

vasoline1 (resized).jpgvasoline1 (resized).jpg

#1308 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is it the cat 5 wire that is too short?

#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is it the cat 5 wire that is too short?

Gonna try and figure it out tonight. Will unplug the harness and see what's going on

That part I can get direct overnight. The rest goes through Distro

#1310 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gonna try and figure it out tonight. Will unplug the harness and see what's going on
That part I can get direct overnight. The rest goes through Distro

Any cat 5 wires will work.

If that wire isn't long enough, it may not have a good connection. In my KISS machine, there was a cat 5 wire that just caused problems. When I put in a new one, everything worked perfectly.

If I were in your shoes, I would try everything else first, before taking off the rotating playfield. It's not going to be easy getting that out or putting it back into the game.

#1311 7 years ago

.68 code live on stern page. go go go!

#1312 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

.68 code live on stern page. go go go!

Everyone must have heard you cause it's downloading for me at the speed of snail.

#1314 7 years ago

Glad .68 is here! Just installed .65 and can't play it either.

Here is the good news:

Bm16 (resized).jpgBm16 (resized).jpg

Bm15 (resized).jpgBm15 (resized).jpg

#1315 7 years ago

Great card iceman44 don't think I've seen that one yet on pinside

#1316 7 years ago

Found the turn table issue, a lose wire has wrapped around the mech stopping its progress. Now I have to figure out how to get at it!

Probably is the Cat 5 wire that needs to be replaced. F me!

Bm11 (resized).jpgBm11 (resized).jpg

Bm12 (resized).jpgBm12 (resized).jpg

Bm13 (resized).jpgBm13 (resized).jpg

#1317 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Found the turn table issue, a lose wire has wrapped around the mech stopping its progress. Now I have to figure out how to get at it!
Probably is the Cat 5 wire that needs to be replaced. F me!

Well, that sounds like an easier fix than having to replace the entire unit. Good luck with it and congrats on a great card.

#1318 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great card iceman44 don't think I've seen that one yet on pinside

I also have Undone By An Umbrella. Haven't posted to that other thread yet.

#1319 7 years ago

I don't know if you guys can see this or not but I dropped the motor, wasn't hard, remember it was half hanging on to begin with because of missing screws.

The wiring assembly is wrapped around the motor!

No wonder the wiring had no slack. Wtf!!!

Bm17 (resized).jpgBm17 (resized).jpg

#1320 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't know if you guys can see this or not but I dropped the motor, wasn't hard, remember it was half hanging on to begin with because of missing screws.

I thought Stern play tested these things!?

#1321 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I thought Stern play tested these things!?

They do extensively

#1322 7 years ago

here's the LE read me for 0.68. looks like a solid, yet not drastic update. I'm happy.

1/11 0.65 came out
1/31 0.68 came out

works for me. I got time, my game is going nowhere.

V0.68 - January 31, 2017
========================

- Added backgrounds for Mad Hatter and Egghead.
- Timers were not being paused when the minor villain select screen was
running. This has been corrected.
- Removed AUTO default setting for the villain extra ball (the default
is now 2 villains).
- Added display effect, sounds, and speech for main multiball super
jackpot.
- Reworked the multiball rule:
- All shots lit (green).
- Shot scores go up 50k a shot.
- After 15 shots (adjustable), super jackpot lit at the atomic pile
(the turntable moves to the batcave position when lit).
- Main multiball was not computing the scores for the jackpots correctly.
This has been fixed.
- Added sounds for bat phone hurry-up gordon target and ball locked
display effect.
- Top eject and trough were not waiting for multiball start to finish
before kicking balls. This has been corrected.
- Blink the villain lamp associated with the villain for batphone hurry-up.
- Blink the villain lamp associated with the active villain.
- Added missed effects for batphone hurry-up when the hurry-up times out.
- Gordon target increases and restarts the batphone hurry-up.
- Fixed a bug with the major villain modes where the progress for starting
the modes was not being initialized correctly.
- Fixed vertical centering on some text items.
- Added Penguin skill shot.
- Changed RGB LED colors for super skill shot.
- Changed skill shot scores.
- Changed super skill shot to award major villain mode or gadget, as
appropriate.
- Fixed a bug in the skill shot that was causing the skill shot points
to increase over time by large amounts.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the number of shots for the villains to
not increase after the villain was completed.
- Mystery awards were not being given out during multiball. This has
been corrected.
- Shot multiplier target no longer easier if shot multiplier shots are
lit from mystery.
- Light shot multiplier shots award is given out less frequently from
mystery the more it is awarded.
- The shot multiplier target lamp was not being disabled when the
multiplier shots were lit. This has been corrected.
- Shot multiplier target hits were not being reset when the multiplier
shots were lit from mystery. This has been corrected.
- Added mystery display effect, sounds, and speech.
- Added a setting to allow penguin advance from the pop bumpers, but not
after the first penguin completion. (This is the default.)
- Combo award for the penguin VUK was being identified as coming from
the left loop. This has been corrected.
- Added a sound for using a gadget.
- Added status lamps to the catwoman mode.
- All balls are released from the turntable lock at once when there are
no balls locked.
- Fixed a crash bug at the start of ball 2, 3, which occurred with a
villain mode running at the time the skill shot text label was called
to be displayed.

- Incremental updates - speed up future code updates by only copying
changed file(s).

#1323 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow thats awesome.....

#1324 7 years ago

When the Beasts of the night begin to stir,and the black powers form to do their damage,Bats in their caves begin their nightly dance. Their wings open and flail into the darkness,who's pin shall feel the wrath of failure !! And the feel of THE THRILLER!!!!! AAAAAAhaaAaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Hawkmoon knows!!!

#1325 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

When the Beasts of the night begin to stir,and the black powers form to do their damage,Bats in their caves begin their nightly dance. Their wings open and flail into the darkness,who's pin shall feel the wrath of failure !! And the feel of THE THRILLER!!!!! AAAAAAhaaAaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Hawkmoon knows!!!

I'll have some of whatever your smoking

#1326 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow....just wow. I have pretty much shrugged at having to tweak these games out of the box, but that is just plain crap. Someone testing the mech had to have known something had gone wrong....that broken weld obviously hooked the wire harness, so you know it went out that way and wasn't from banging around in the truck. Stern is going to owe you a truckload of beer when you get it all straightened out.

Remember when all we had to worry about were playfield dimples? lol

#1327 7 years ago

Well I've done what I can. This last piece just sheared off from somewhere in the mech.

So as I turn the pin on and it goes into set up, the table tries to turn and does if I help it, the problem is that white piece you see, the rotor doesn't line up properly to turn it so I have to manually do it, push it a little bit and get the rotor lined up and it moves, then blocks again.

No telling what is F ed up after the wires that got split, etc.

Bm19 (resized).jpgBm19 (resized).jpg

Bm18 (resized).jpgBm18 (resized).jpg

#1328 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Remember when all we had to worry about were playfield dimples? lol

I'd love to put some dimples on that bad boy!

You guys have fun playing the latest code, I'll be joining you guys at some point. I've got some other nice pins to keep me busy in the meantime.

#1329 7 years ago

Does that piece have any screw holes or does it look like it clips on to something?

#1330 7 years ago

Sorry to hear it, Ice. Hopefully you'll be up and running soon.

#1331 7 years ago

Hang in there Ice! You're a good dude for having a positive attitude about the issue.

#1332 7 years ago

IMG_2210 (resized).JPGIMG_2210 (resized).JPG

#1333 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I've done what I can. This last piece just sheared off from somewhere in the mech.
So as I turn the pin on and it goes into set up, the table tries to turn and does if I help it, the problem is that white piece you see, the rotor doesn't line up properly to turn it so I have to manually do it, push it a little bit and get the rotor lined up and it moves, then blocks again.
No telling what is F ed up after the wires that got split, etc.

That piece is one of the Opto receivers from an opto board that tells Spike what position the turntable is in. So wont work without it. But might be something else in there blocking it also. Pretty sure that would need to be re-soldered on the board. Better just to get a new board.

Even better just get Stern to send you a whole new turntable mech. They can take the old one back and fix it.

#1334 7 years ago

Do you see the black piece right next to the screw? There's 3 small boards above the white plastic that have them. There's 1 board under the plastic that has it too. Pic to follow.

#1335 7 years ago

IMG_2211 (resized).JPGIMG_2211 (resized).JPG

#1336 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Do you see the black piece right next to the screw? There's 3 small boards above the white plastic that have them. There's 1 board under the plastic that has it too. Pic to follow.

That's it Trekkie, black piece on that board is gone on mine! Wires must have tangled it up and popped it off.

Is there a plug in to the bottom of that board on yours. I have a connector that is loose and am wondering if it goes to the pin on the bottom of that board?

Quoted from cooked71:

That piece is one of the Opto receivers from an opto board that tells Spike what position the turntable is in. So wont work without it. But might be something else in there blocking it also. Pretty sure that would need to be re-soldered on the board. Better just to get a new board.
Even better just get Stern to send you a whole new turntable mech. They can take the old one back and fix it.

I'm gonna need a new mech and wiring assembly unless I can figure out which wires need to get reconnected without shorting out something else.

Thanks for all the help guys!

#1337 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's garbage. Very disappointing.

#1338 7 years ago

IMG_2213 (resized).JPGIMG_2213 (resized).JPG

IMG_2214 (resized).JPGIMG_2214 (resized).JPG

IMG_2215 (resized).JPGIMG_2215 (resized).JPG

#1339 7 years ago

Trying to show you where it comes out of, plus the colors of the wires. Hope it helps!

#1340 7 years ago

Ice you have a superior attitude about this whole situation! I have to say if I had received that pin I would tell Stern that I'm sending the game back and I want them to fix it (and pay shipping both ways)

#1341 7 years ago

.68 installed and running without an issue; minor progress but certainly progress. It's really nice to have the mystery actually tell you wtf is happening, and it has the widest range of callouts in the game. It's a great indicator of what could be in the rest of the game. There's potential for this to be one of the funnier games around. The small things, like lighting the villain you're about to battle before answering the phone, are nice polish on existing features.

The bug fixes also make a pretty big difference, in particular adding to the number of shots it takes to start a defeated villain a second time. This helps in a number of ways, including score balancing. However, the bonus is still stupid at this point.

Overall a real step forward, but I'm really looking forward to more gadget and TV villain enhancements.

#1342 7 years ago

code downloaded, will try to install on wed.

#1343 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Trying to show you where it comes out of, plus the colors of the wires. Hope it helps!

Pinside: mos of senseless conjecture by a vocal minority before titles are actually in the wild. Followed by years of awesome friendly support by passionate hobbyists when the title is actually in owner hands. You rock Trekkie and others for helping iceman out.

Iceman, your wait and troubles are worth it. The shots are so fun. Even the orbits! I can't recall ever having so much fun just simply hitting orbits, both of them. A clean L orbit shot that rips into the saucer or a clean R orbit shot that flies into the lock section of the table- they're super!

#1344 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

The shots are so fun. Even the orbits! I can't recall ever having so much fun just simply hitting orbits, both of them. A clean L orbit shot that rips into the saucer or a clean R orbit shot that flies into the lock section of the table- they're super!

Are you able to make complete orbit shots from either side?

#1345 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Very rarely from the right....

#1346 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No code yet to lift the one way gate to allow complete orbit through right orbit - so its into the pops. It is possible as the gate has a coil and there is a super skill shot that passes all the way around. Really hope it happens.

All shots from left end in the top scoop so wont be possible to loop from left orbit.

#1347 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No code yet to lift the one way gate to allow complete orbit through right orbit - so its into the pops. It is possible as the gate has a coil and there is a super skill shot that passes all the way around. Really hope it happens.
All shots from left end in the top scoop so wont be possible to loop from left orbit.

Left orbit is the same as BDK then, I just can't remember for the life of me when I had my BDK if you could loop from the right orbit.

Either way I hope Lyman adds it to this game,it would be great to be able to do a fast right orbit loop, as well as the bat cave lock into the turntable mech which looks like a satisfying shot.

#1348 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hmm... complete orbit shots from flippers?- no I don't think so.

I can only recall the following four scenarios:
Shooting into right orbit either locks or ends up in pops. Shooting into left orbit either ends up in saucer or ends up in pops.

#1349 7 years ago

Right orbit should be possible. It's a fun shot as the super skill shot and I'd love for it to be available in normal play. It would add a lot of speed to this game.

#1350 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Left orbit is the same as BDK then, I just can't remember for the life of me when I had my BDK if you could loop from the right orbit.
Either way I hope Lyman adds it to this game,it would be great to be able to do a fast right orbit loop, as well as the bat cave lock into the turntable mech which looks like a satisfying shot.

Yes. BTDK has right loop shots to the left flipper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.