PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 373.
#7251 6 years ago

If anyone does have a video of the channel changer in action, please shoot me a PM (or post here). Thx

#7252 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I agree with the earlier comment that putting it there doesn't show off the lettering on the side of the van. Also the proximity to the TV makes the van look smaller than it is and distorts the perspective.

Yes I think you're right. What about placing it over the left outlane on a custom plate (Yelobird) with some parachutes either in front or behind the van? The parachutes might be hard to replicate though.

#7253 6 years ago

10 9.8 ft Amazon male to female usb cables are $30.00.

I'm going to put them in all of my newer games.

#7254 6 years ago

Got the trim installed for the Bat Computer and Crime Analyzer installed - they look much better. Put the falling balls warning sign on the back of the Crime Analyzer because the woodgrain back there makes no sense (while it makes perfect sense on the back of the Bat Computer one that faces the phone).

Warning sign over ball lock installed:
sticker-batman-installed (resized).jpgsticker-batman-installed (resized).jpg

Stock, before I took off the woodgrain and added the sticker sign:
crime analyzer back (resized).jpgcrime analyzer back (resized).jpg

#7255 6 years ago

I think the wood grain ties in nicely with the TV and the whole '60s vibe. But I like your custom twist on it. Actually kinda funny.

#7256 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I think the wood grain ties in nicely with the TV and the whole '60s vibe. But I like your custom twist on it. Actually kinda funny.

On the side with the bat computer where the woodgrain on the back is next to the phone (ostensibly in Bruce's "den") the woodgrain makes total sense and looks great. But on the other side with the ball lock it just seemed weird and out of place since you're potentially in the bat cave, so a more industrial look made more sense to me (I used the sign, but the plain gray back of the plastic piece probably wouldn't be bad, either).

#7257 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On the side with the bat computer where the woodgrain on the back is next to the phone (ostensibly in Bruce's "den") the woodgrain makes total sense and looks great. But on the other side with the ball lock it just seemed weird and out of place since you're potentially in the bat cave, so a more industrial look made more sense to me (I used the sign, but the plain gray back of the plastic piece probably wouldn't be bad, either).

Yep, I was curious if you only did the one side. Either way these mods are Way better than looking at exposed wires. Little details make all the difference.

#7258 6 years ago

Either way these mods are Way better than looking at exposed wires.

When I got the game I had no idea that I needed a new Atomic pile, bat phone, cave around the batmobile but I immediately knew I didnt like the exposed wires.

#7259 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

When I got the game I had no idea that I needed a new Atomic pile, bat phone, cave around the batmobile but I immediately knew I didnt like the exposed wires.

Agree! It always had that rushed/unfinished look.

#7260 6 years ago

Anyone have any issues with a node board. I turned my game on and I get the following message, when the pin comes on the lower right side of the pin does not light?

IMG_4751 (resized).JPGIMG_4751 (resized).JPG

#7261 6 years ago

Check all your connections on Node board 8. Also check Nodes 8a and 8b while you're at it.

Screenshot_2017-12-09-17-20-51_1 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2017-12-09-17-20-51_1 (resized).jpg

#7262 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Anyone have any issues with a node board. I turned my game on and I get the following message, when the pin comes on the lower right side of the pin does not light?

Check the connections, otherwise you have succumbed to the vibration problem or power spike issue that the two service bulletins are out to try to prevent with zip ties, spacers, and capacitors.

Bulletins #189 and #190, here:
http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins

#7263 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

If anyone does have a video of the channel changer in action, please shoot me a PM (or post here). Thx

Hope this helps you out a little mate

#7264 6 years ago

great, so now what, is the board under warranty?

#7265 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the connections, otherwise you have succumbed to the vibration problem or power spike issue that the two service bulletins are out to try to prevent with zip ties, spacers, and capacitors.
Bulletins #189 and #190, here:
http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins

If this is the case it would just be a broken solder joint correct. With the service bulletin now we know what to look for.

#7266 6 years ago

If this is the case it would just be a broken solder joint correct. With the service bulletin now we know what to look for.

But they're TINY on most points of that board. I think most of the resistors and diodes are surface mount, too.

Quoted from Batman60:

great, so now what, is the board under warranty?

Since it's a known problem, likely to be covered. I assume you didn't do the service bulletins on it?

#7267 6 years ago

I called C
haz last week and he said he would send out the parts , but it would "be a while." Checking the connections now.

#7268 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Hope this helps you out a little mate
» YouTube video

Thanks a bunch!

#7269 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Thanks a bunch!

Make sure you listen carefully at the 41 second mark...it's a corker

#7270 6 years ago

Ok, thanks everyone. I Checked everything. I pushed in all the connections, unplugged the machine, left power off for 5 minutes, then plugged back in and presto, it seems to be working. Bizarre. One of the Cat5 seemed a little loose, idk.

#7271 6 years ago

Thanks for the video @extendo! Here's another that shows the channel changer slightly better. An awesome feature!

#7272 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Make sure you listen carefully at the 41 second mark...it's a corker

I just caught that!!

#7273 6 years ago

I'll be joining the club on Monday. Kept putting it off waiting on code. Finally code is at a point that I think I'd be happy with so I pulled the trigger on a premium.

#7274 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Have you decided against using the Batcopter? I'm not going to put anything over there until the revised ramp is installed, but I agree with you than the van is such a key part of a super fun mode that it should be in a prominent location. But I also really want to use an Eaglemoss Batcopter and am afraid if I put it on the ramp that it will overshadow the van.

I might do the batcopter at some point, but the van "rolling" down the wireform, and being such a prominent part of the bat turn mode, it takes precedence for me.

Taking it on and off is easy, as obviously, the final, red, sparkly one will be coming soon. Convinced that blue van riding along the red ramp is going to be sick!!!!

#7275 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Got the trim installed for the Bat Computer and Crime Analyzer installed - they look much better. Put the falling balls warning sign on the back of the Crime Analyzer because the woodgrain back there makes no sense (while it makes perfect sense on the back of the Bat Computer one that faces the phone).
Warning sign over ball lock installed:

Stock, before I took off the woodgrain and added the sticker sign:

Freakin LOVE the "Falling Balls" sign on that side!!!!..please share where I can get one.....excellent

#7276 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Freakin LOVE the "Falling Balls" sign on that side!!!!..please share where I can get one.....excellent

I posted a low-res version a few pages back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/142#post-4104202

Do you have Mylar and 467MP adhesive? PM me and I'll send you the high res one and you can print your own and make a sticker out of it using the mylar on the front of the printed paper and the 467MP on the back to stick it.

#7277 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I posted a low-res version a few pages back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/142#post-4104202
Do you have Mylar and 467MP adhesive? PM me and I'll send you the high res one and you can print your own and make a sticker out of it using the mylar on the front of the printed paper and the 467MP on the back to stick it.

PM sent....sweet!!!! thanks

#7278 6 years ago

just updated new code,and noticed,when you hit the bat phone,and the magnet catches the ball,it doese'nt release the ball!! Game goes to ball search and then it releases!! Any body else get this with the new code??Also noticed more power to the shaker at times!!

#7279 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

just updated new code,and noticed,when you hit the bat phone,and the magnet catches the ball,it doese'nt release the ball!! Game goes to ball search and then it releases!! Any body else get this with the new code??Also noticed more power to the shaker at times!!

Sounds like your balls are magnetized. It shouldn't do that.

#7280 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Ok, the last time this happened to me, it was because a component started failing on my Node 9 board. Because the magnet wouldn't release for a while, it would begin to smoke the magnet. Eventually it got so bad it completely failed, and smoke came up from under my playfield. I had to replace both Node 9 and the magnet! I was able to test the mosfets or whatever they are and determine one was conducting when it shouldn't be.

#7281 6 years ago

I dont think i ever see the bat turn mode. I think you get this by hitting the spinning batmobile on the turntable - correct? Is there a way to test that to make sure it is registering hits?

#7282 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I dont think i ever see the bat turn mode. I think you get this by hitting the spinning batmobile on the turntable - correct?

Yes! I check mine in switch test mode and spin it with my fingers.

#7283 6 years ago

Now that Batman is about a year old I wanted to see how owners and former owners feel about the game and where it's going

Are you still glad you got the game?
Would you have still bought it had you known a year ago what you know now?
If you sold it, are you thinking of getting it back?
Do you think the game is a long term keeper in your collection (> 3 years)?
Any playfield or cabinet issues?
Other thoughts?

(My answers: YES/NO/NA/YES/NO)

Batman has been a tough ride in the last year. I'm very glad I got the game, especially because I was fortunate enough to get an LE. From an art package standpoint I like the LE the best, especially since they put the Batgirl side art on the LE instead of the Premium.

The modders have really improved the turntable - the part of the playfield that Stern really fumbled. The yelobird/docquest options for Atomic Pile, Phone and Batcave sections blow away the stock Atomic Pile, dog chew toy phone and pink Batmobile spinner (and horrible flat black toy car). We are very fortunate to have so many passionate and creative modders that have gone above and beyond for this game.

The early word was that Batman 66 was just going to be a retheme of BDK. George clearly improved the game with the turntable and using the small LCD as a TV was brilliant. Batman was the ideal pick for Stern's first LCD game. And with all the complaints on audio and video assets on recent games, Batman has no limits. It seems Stern can literally use any audio or video from the entire series and they have the custom callouts from both Adam and Burt. Absolutely blows away anything else Stern or JJP has.

Many complain that the playfield is too open because of the crane, but that doesn't bother me. I don't like the clunkiness and instability of the left ramp, but expect the new ramp to take care of that (and look so much better without the plastic flap). My biggest issue with the playfield are the orbit shots which are rarely smooth (even after relocating the blue pad from the outside of the left ramp entrance to the inside).

The code was really wasn't exciting until a few weeks ago. Because of that I really didn't play the game much from January until Thanksgiving. It was a real risk taking a gamble on the box of lights Stern called Batman a year ago. Like many, I only took that risk because Lyman was in charge of the code. Despite Batman being a dream theme for me (one I thought would never be realized), I wouldn't have considered buying an incomplete game if Lyman wasn't involved.

We saw an early surprise with Parachute Pickup mode which was an unqualified winner with everyone. And now it's clear that Lyman is taking theme integration to the max by having each major villian play out an actual episode of the series starting with the Batphone ringing, Bruce and Dick going to the Batpoles and then the exit to Gotham sequence (and the brilliance of extending those segments based on how many times you hit the Commissioner Gordon target), followed by a logical defeat the villian and then the cliffhanger options to continue. About as tightly as you could integrate the series into the game. Which looks to continue with the minor villians.

From a structure standpoint all that's really missing is bringing Batgirl into the game for more than just the cameo appearance in the escape mode. (I would love to see a mode where the Barbara to Batgirl transformation and Batcycle cycle exit sequence takes the place of To the Batpoles/Batmobile exit sequence. Maybe use the Season 3 Penguin Enter Batgirl or the Siren episodes?). I'd like to see some other non-episode based mode (like parachute pickup) and a final wizard mode, but it sure seems like whatever Lyman has in mind is going to be great. Eventually.

Based on my serial number and build date, it seems like I have an early game. I put a full playfield protector on the game after just a few games so I don't know if my playfield is a good one or not or if it would now be full of craters and ghosted inserts. I think my biggest disappointment with the game was that I even had to consider putting a protector on the game in the first place.

I'm glad I got the game and it looks like it will turn out well. It is absolutely a keeper for me. But I don't think I'd want to take the journey again.

#7284 6 years ago

Yes! I check mine in switch test mode and spin it with my fingers.

I went into the switch test mode where if i push something like a gadget or the commisoner gordon target I hear a beep. I spun the batmobile and I heard nothing. I am not sure how to fix the spinner. Does anyone know how it works? The turntable is a big assembly to try to figure out how something works.

#7285 6 years ago

I am looking to join the club
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57656

If you know of an LE for sale or trade shoot me a PM.

#7286 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Now that Batman is about a year old I wanted to see how owners and former owners feel about the game and where it's going
Other thoughts?

Yes, I'm still glad that I got the game, but I have to admit that during the long wait for code I wasn't always so sure. That being said, I've always been glad to be a member of this thread; it's one of the best on pinside.

No, I would have would have waited until the code was more complete. The long wait with bare bones code and lack of communication really frustrated me given how the game (indeed many big Stern themes) were released.

N/a

Yes, I think it's a long term keeper. I mean at this point I'm already a year in, even though it was kind of a turkey for a big chunk of time. I like what Lyman is doing, and the use of the license has no equal in pinball.

I had a split cabinet. Stern was initially responsive and then went radio silent, my distributor however was a great advocate and stern sent me a new cabinet (2 actually, the first they sent was an Aerosmith). The cabinet swap was a legit pain, but ultimately everything turned out fine.

On other thoughts, between this game and Star Wars, I've come to really dislike how Stern handled releases. It's felt very much like putting money down on a theme and hoping the end result is ok. The code wait really compounded that feeling for me, but now I really feel like B66 is a first rate game and look forward to what else Lyman has in store for us.

#7287 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Other thoughts?
(My answers: YES/NO/NA/YES/NO)
Batman has been a tough ride in the last year. I'm very glad I got the game, especially because I was fortunate enough to get an LE. From an art package standpoint I like the LE the best, especially since they put the Batgirl side art on the LE instead of the Premium.
The modders have really improved the turntable - the part of the playfield that Stern really fumbled. The yelobird/docquest options for Atomic Pile, Phone and Batcave sections blow away the stock Atomic Pile, dog chew toy phone and pink Batmobile spinner (and horrible flat black toy car). We are very fortunate to have so many passionate and creative modders that have gone above and beyond for this game.
The early word was that Batman 66 was just going to be a retheme of BDK. George clearly improved the game with the turntable and using the small LCD as a TV was brilliant. Batman was the ideal pick for Stern's first LCD game. And with all the complaints on audio and video assets on recent games, Batman has no limits. It seems Stern can literally use any audio or video from the entire series and they have the custom callouts from both Adam and Burt. Absolutely blows away anything else Stern or JJP has.
Many complain that the playfield is too open because of the crane, but that doesn't bother me. I don't like the clunkiness and instability of the left ramp, but expect the new ramp to take care of that (and look so much better without the plastic flap). My biggest issue with the playfield are the orbit shots which are rarely smooth (even after relocating the blue pad from the outside of the left ramp entrance to the inside).
The code was really wasn't exciting until a few weeks ago. Because of that I really didn't play the game much from January until Thanksgiving. It was a real risk taking a gamble on the box of lights Stern called Batman a year ago. Like many, I only took that risk because Lyman was in charge of the code. Despite Batman being a dream theme for me (one I thought would never be realized), I wouldn't have considered buying an incomplete game if Lyman wasn't involved.
We saw an early surprise with Parachute Pickup mode which was an unqualified winner with everyone. And now it's clear that Lyman is taking theme integration to the max by having each major villian play out an actual episode of the series starting with the Batphone ringing, Bruce and Dick going to the Batpoles and then the exit to Gotham sequence (and the brilliance of extending those segments based on how many times you hit the Commissioner Gordon target), followed by a logical defeat the villian and then the cliffhanger options to continue. About as tightly as you could integrate the series into the game. Which looks to continue with the minor villians.
From a structure standpoint all that's really missing is bringing Batgirl into the game for more than just the cameo appearance in the escape mode. (I would love to see a mode where the Barbara to Batgirl transformation and Batcycle cycle exit sequence takes the place of To the Batpoles/Batmobile exit sequence. Maybe use the Season 3 Penguin Enter Batgirl or the Siren episodes?). I'd like to see some other non-episode based mode (like parachute pickup) and a final wizard mode, but it sure seems like whatever Lyman has in mind is going to be great. Eventually.
Based on my serial number and build date, it seems like I have an early game. I put a full playfield protector on the game after just a few games so I don't know if my playfield is a good one or not or if it would now be full of craters and ghosted inserts. I think my biggest disappointment with the game was that I even had to consider putting a protector on the game in the first place.
I'm glad I got the game and it looks like it will turn out well. It is absolutely a keeper for me. But I don't think I'd want to take the journey again.

The theme was too good to pass on for me, and the machine has been gorgeous in it's own way since day one. As far as mods, code, etc., I like working on these things as much as playing them (just an average player). This was a perfect title for me....a few final touches, and Lymans final code update...a classic.Very , very glad I have mine. Smile everytime I play it.

#7288 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

In Lyman we trust

N\a

Yes. Forever

Fixed and no issues now

Other thoughts?

It's phenomenal. Period

#7289 6 years ago

Loving the game now. Glad I have an LE.

My prediction was always "1 year" for Lyman games to mature because that is always how its been. The road was bumpy because it shipped so bare bones and the lack of info during much of the last year and it left the rumor mill to spin overtime. But that is all behind us now, fortunately.

#7290 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I went into the switch test mode where if i push something like a gadget or the commisoner gordon target I hear a beep. I spun the batmobile and I heard nothing. I am not sure how to fix the spinner. Does anyone know how it works? The turntable is a big assembly to try to figure out how something works.

Use the service menu to rotate the turntable so the Batmobile spinner is facing towards you. Kill the power and lift the playfield. You'll see a metal spinner wheel that passes through a set of optos. See pic below. Maybe use a Q-tip to clean the optos. Look behind the opto board and make sure the connector is fully seated. Bat turn mode is too cool not to enjoy. Hope this helps!

IMAG0748 (resized).jpgIMAG0748 (resized).jpg

#7291 6 years ago

How the F do you change the channels? I might be over served right now, going back and forth on BM and AFM.

Wow factor!

#7292 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How the F do you change the channels? I might be over served right now, going back and forth on BM and AFM.
Wow factor!

PM sent....I'm going back and forth on the same too!!!! a great pinball evening.....

#7293 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I might do the batcopter at some point, but the van "rolling" down the wireform, and being such a prominent part of the bat turn mode, it takes precedence for me.
Taking it on and off is easy, as obviously, the final, red, sparkly one will be coming soon. Convinced that blue van riding along the red ramp is going to be sick!!!!

I think I'm going to look at mounting the van where you have it and look at the putting the Batcopter somewhere else. The van rolling down the ramp is cool. Going to have to ask Matt to powder coat some piano wire in new ramp red.

#7294 6 years ago

Use the service menu to rotate the turntable so the Batmobile spinner is facing towards you. Kill the power and lift the playfield. You'll see a metal spinner wheel that passes through 2 sets of optos. See pic below. Maybe use a Q-tip to clean the optos. Look behind the opto board and make sure the connector is fully seated. Bat turn mode is too cool not to enjoy. Hope this helps!

Wow - well your pictures sure do help. This is what my game looks like. I am missing the round disk and the piece that holds it in place. The piece is not on the bottom of the cabinet and does not exist in my game. Now what do I do?

IMG_2360 (resized).JPGIMG_2360 (resized).JPG

#7295 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Wow - well your pictures sure do help. This is what my game looks like. I am missing the round disk and the piece that holds it in place. The piece is not on the bottom of the cabinet and does not exist in my game. Now what do I do?

Call you Distro and Chas Monday morning.....

#7296 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Get out your scissors, cool whip lid and Reynolds wrap and get to work!

#7297 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Call you Distro and Chas Monday morning.....

Yep! Someone at Stern missed that one. You need:
-Chopper Wheel, Flat Spinner
Part # 530-1012-00
-Set Screw 10-32 X 5/16, Socket Cup PT
Part # 237-6092-00

#7298 6 years ago

Yep! Someone at Stern missed that one. You need:
-Chopper Wheel, Flat Spinner
Part # 530-1012-00
-Set Screw 10-32 X 5/16, Socket Cup PT
Part # 237-6092-00

Thanks - I was wondering when I would ever see the mode.

#7299 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks - I was wondering when I would ever see the mode.

No problem! I'd maybe double check the assembly and make sure that spinner isn't stuck somewhere in it.

#7300 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get out your scissors, cool whip lid and Reynolds wrap and get to work!

That is why I stopped buying old used williams games because those things are usually what I find the games being sold as perfect

No problem! I'd maybe double check the assembly and make sure that spinner isn't stuck somewhere in it.

Yea - I did looked in there and didnt see anything - I will check again

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.