Completed another mod tonight on BM66SLE.
Replaced the Hot Wheels style Batcopter with the much more detailed "Eaglemoss" version
Couple of notes:
- It fits, but you'll need to very slightly bend the stock piano wire "backward" a bit (it will hit the glass if you dont)
- This thing is expensive (I paid around $40) and very fragile
- I broke the following just mounting it: the antenna, left landing gear, one fuel tank, and one wing strut (and no, I did not step on it)
- See attached pic of how I removed the black screw in the bottom and then used a speed nut to capture the piano wire
- Front of landing gear is simply a black zip tie, just like the Hot Wheel one was mounted
- The red on the copter is a more muted red vs the bright red hot wheels. Having just watched the 1966 Batman feature movie, the Eaglemoss color is just about perfect.
- The rotor blades (front and rear) do not rotate like the Hot Wheels one does - FYI
Handle it with care when you are mucking around getting the black screw/speed nut on and go slow and dont stress parts when zipping up the zip tie - again ... it's fragile. The stress came mostly from trying to get that speed nut, screw and piano wire combo on there and tightened up. The tightening is what is hard to do because there is nothing to "hold on to" on the copter as almost everywhere you grab is pointy, thin and feels like you might snap it.
Good news is that you can (I did) glue all my broken parts back on and I'm betting that my glued spots are stronger than all other spots!! (Did I mention it's fragile)
Looks good in there and is about 30-40% larger than the stock Hot Wheels one
20170128_204245 (resized).jpg20170128_204320 (resized).jpg20170128_204633_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170128_213700_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170128_213736 (resized).jpg20170128_213713 (resized).jpg20170128_213722 (resized).jpg