IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 374.
#1401 7 years ago

I thought I would try these side rails,I am sure terry has some left and for the price I think they looks great ,I am quessing these are half the price of the stern rails for a premium and I can change the color in a snap,not sure about the stickers in the cab and may change to blades when I find some I like,

Thoughts?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1402 7 years ago

Finally heard UK games should be shipping within next couple of weeks

Hopefully get another 2 or 3 code updates by the time they arrive, that will make the wait worth it.

#1403 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I thought I would try these side rails,I am sure terry has some left and for the price I think they looks great ,I am quessing these are half the price of the stern rails for a premium and I can change the color in a snap,not sure about the stickers in the cab and may change to blades when I find some I like,
Thoughts?

Not bad. But I'm patiently waiting for these from Pinball Metal...

blades (resized).jpgblades (resized).jpg

#1404 7 years ago

OH,BOY,just wait till those B66 LEs hit Europe!! No tech support,no spare parts,weeks of wait even to get a part!! Oh,and you say ,no,our pins won;t be broken like yours all were??? HAAAA HAAAAAAAAhahahahaha!

#1405 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OH,BOY,just wait till those B66 LEs hit Europe!! No tech support,no spare parts,weeks of wait even to get a part!! Oh,and you say ,no,our pins won;t be broken like yours all were??? HAAAA HAAAAAAAAhahahahaha!

IMG_0701 (resized).JPGIMG_0701 (resized).JPG

#1406 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Finally heard UK games should be shipping within next couple of weeks
Hopefully get another 2 or 3 code updates by the time they arrive, that will make the wait worth it.

So slow??? We've had ours for 2 weeks already, and our ship takes at least 2 weeks longer. Alien might be shipping by the time u get your B66!!

#1407 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So slow??? We've had ours for 2 weeks already, and our ship takes at least 2 weeks longer. Alien might be shipping by the time u get your B66!!

Yeah I have no idea why it's taken this long doesn't usually.

But on the bright side we should hopefully get our Aliens before anyone else

#1409 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I scanned through the clips in pinball browser of the 0.68 firmware and didnt see any clips from the movie. Also didnt see any batgirl clips either.
Interestingly, l didnt see any video clips of shame, egghead, mr freeze, mad hatter, or king tut. They did have "cartoonized" clips of the minor villains getting jailed though (similar to the jail clips of the 4 major villains).
There were a bunch of bookworm video clips in there though. It seems odd they would have video clips of bookworm but not the minor villains. So I hope they will add the others later (and maybe movie clips and batgirl).

I can understand if they can't have movie clips because of licensing issues, but we absolutely need Batgirl clips!

#1410 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I scanned through the clips in pinball browser of the 0.68 firmware and didnt see any clips from the movie. Also didnt see any batgirl clips either.
Interestingly, l didnt see any video clips of shame, egghead, mr freeze, mad hatter, or king tut. They did have "cartoonized" clips of the minor villains getting jailed though (similar to the jail clips of the 4 major villains).
There were a bunch of bookworm video clips in there though. It seems odd they would have video clips of bookworm but not the minor villains. So I hope they will add the others later (and maybe movie clips and batgirl).

Highly suspect there will be more in future coding....

#1411 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can understand if they can't have don't have movie clips because of licensing issues, but we absolutely need Batgirl clips!

Shes on the translite, playfiled plastic, and backbox so not sure why she wouldnt be in the video clips. She was also in the slot machine so she was part of that kaminkow license.

#1412 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Shes on the translite, playfiled plastic, and backbox so not sure why she wouldnt be in the video clips. She was also in the slot machine so she was part of that kaminkow license.

Have you played the slot doc?

#1413 7 years ago

Question here for you more experienced players: The 3 little tv sets down by the flippers,epsodes 1.2.3.,when do they light up??? My bulb test tells me they are ok,but they don't come on at all during game play!! Thoughts???

#1414 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Question here for you more experienced players: The 3 little tv sets down by the flippers,epsodes 1.2.3.,when do they light up??? My bulb test tells me they are ok,but they don't come on at all during game play!! Thoughts???

You hit those 3 standups, and it lights the minor villain tv mode on the left orbit.

#1415 7 years ago

I was in early on the LE and love the theme, artwork, LCD, ect...

But......
Is anyone else worried about this game??
I know the code is super early and am willing to be patient to a degree, but gameplay and flow seems kind of redundant and boring.
When I compare it to GBLE, the fun factor doesnt even seem close.

Anyone else feel the same??

#1416 7 years ago

Thank-you,Frolic.and ngg,you kinda have to feel your way around!!Until you understand(I Don't) the progression in modes,you just bang around! I know,I kinda feel like you do,there HAS to be more than this!!

#1417 7 years ago

Also,when you hold down the left flipper,when you plunge,all the white arrows lite up,and the ball goes all the way around to the left flipper! It doesn,t stop at the top for skill shot,and why does the lite flash on the auto-plunge during game play??? It doesn't seem to do anything??? Thoughts???

#1418 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

But......
I know the code is super early and am willing to be patient to a degree, but gameplay and flow seems kind of redundant and boring.

GB shipped with basically near done code. It's been tweaked since, but the game today is pretty much the game when it shipped.

With BM we are seeing the sausage get made.

I'd be more worried if it was in anyone else's hands other than Lyman. I had already expected a 1 year journey based on his previous games. I wasn't expecting it to be so bare bones on shipment, but it is what is is at this point, but I'm confident he will deliver and I believe all the pieces are there for him.

Just consider for a moment these things:

-It's still called version .68, so it is acknowledged as no where near done, and far below any version number we've seen ship before.
-People have seen 1800 video clips in the rom file, barely been touched so far
-The game doesn't even have call outs active yet (hardly any)
-Lyman's past track record on games. TWD was not well received at first. AC/DC as well. MET was seen as unfinished for a long time. All are now considered top Stern titles.

#1419 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Gameplay and flow seems kind of redundant and boring.

Gomez has always designed games that are more stop and go than flow. I have got Ritchie & Borg games for flow it's nice to have a little design variety.

#1420 7 years ago

For .68 code, I'm not worried at all. The progression from .65 to .68 added some more risk/reward elements to it already. Gadgets and TV villains will add more strategy as well. We also got the update from 65 to 68 on schedule. Not worried at all. At the moment, it certainly does not compare to any complete game. I'm also not worried because of the changes I've seen to Mystery alone. The fun and varied callouts with new graphics are a major improvement. Once that level of polish - and more - comes to the rest of the features, it's going to be a lot of fun.

Right now, it's very basic play, there is no question about that. If you want a slightly different game, go to the game adjustments and enable villain stacking. This adds a level of difficulty as pointed out by PinMonk to complete multiple villains before hitting the scoop.

While I'd rather the game shipped with totally complete code, it's making it a lot easier to figure out the game bit by bit.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Also,when you hold down the left flipper,when you plunge,all the white arrows lite up,and the ball goes all the way around to the left flipper! It doesn,t stop at the top for skill shot,and why does the lite flash on the auto-plunge during game play??? It doesn't seem to do anything??? Thoughts???

The action button flashes white to indicate that it will plunge the ball when you press it. Yellow button means a gadget is ready.

If you do not have a major Villain mode running, the super skill shot will allow you to start a villain with a single shot as indicated by the colored inserts. If you DO have a major villain running, the super skill shot adds a gadget as indicated by the inserts turning yellow. (90% sure on that)

I almost always get the "GA" in gadget and the lowest TV hit from the slings. I never shoot them intentionally. I shoot DG intentionally and the ET are almost always done with bricks from trying to hit the left orbit. TV 1 and 2 are usually bricks from trying to hit the far right position of the crane or from the slings.

In terms of challenging gameplay and strategy, right now the best route I've found is:

Light the shot multipliers at Gordon; hit the turntable to enable double scoring on the turntable; enable shot multipliers again and hit the penguin scoop for 3x. Begin the villain mode and lock 2 balls before finishing the mode. Ideally, get the villain mode to 1 shot remaining. Enable 2x playfield scoring by hitting both the computer and analyzer and lock ball 3 asap. Now, with 2x playfield and 3x a the scoop, you will earn 6x super jackpot if you can complete the villain and hit the scoop before 2x playfield ends.

Plus, you're now in multiball where the scoring increases with every shot; 15 shots in MB lights the jackpot for MB at the atomic pile.

Doing what I've described above is extremely difficult for me. If you stack major villains, it adds even another layer of risk / reward on top. Having 6x jackpots on two (or three or four!) villains would have some serious points associated with it.

That's just with today's .68 code and fun form me to attempt right now.

#1421 7 years ago

My LE will arrive monday in Denmark, has anyone made a check list so I know What to look for? Or is it just all.

#1422 7 years ago

The consistently wrong things are:

* Check the turntable under the PF FRIST to be sure your wires look OK and not wrapped around the mech in a bad way.
* CAT signs; tiny black screws are loose.
* Right side CAT sign post not attached
* Batmobile on the spinner.
* turntable not level
* magnet not level

My flippers angles were wrong, but nobody else has complained that I've seen.

Good luck!

#1423 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

GB shipped with basically near done code. It's been tweaked since, but the game today is pretty much the game when it shipped.
With BM we are seeing the sausage get made.
I'd be more worried if it was in anyone else's hands other than Lyman. I had already expected a 1 year journey based on his previous games. I wasn't expecting it to be so bare bones on shipment, but it is what is is at this point, but I'm confident he will deliver and I believe all the pieces are there for him.
Just consider for a moment these things:
-It's still called version .68, so it is acknowledged as no where near done, and far below any version number we've seen ship before.
-People have seen 1800 video clips in the rom file, barely been touched so far
-The game doesn't even have call outs active yet (hardly any)
-Lyman's past track record on games. TWD was not well received at first. AC/DC as well. MET was seen as unfinished for a long time. All are now considered top Stern titles.

But at least with TWD there seemed to be better, more interesting shots even at first
I really hope Im wrong.....

#1424 7 years ago

Even with the current state of the code, the game is still a fun game.

#1425 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

But at least with TWD there seemed to be better, more interesting shots even at first

Indeed TWD is a pretty unique layout. The layout and shots in Batman obviously won't change; it's a fan layout with different geometry than a lot of fan layouts - particularly the orbits - but it is what it is from a shot perspective. The only thing that will potentially come later is a right to left full orbit.

#1426 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Didn't TWD get a pretty negative reception upon release and some of that was down to it being a clunkfest out of the box?

Lymans magic with the code turned TWD in to one of Sterns best.

#1427 7 years ago

Easy mod for not SLE. My boy already had the bat signal in its toys. Hope he will not freak out.

IMG_3414 (resized).JPGIMG_3414 (resized).JPG

IMG_3413 (resized).PNGIMG_3413 (resized).PNG

#1428 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Even with the current state of the code, the game is still a fun game.

Completely agree....I'm settling in nicely to the different feel of this one. It's a very "tight layout" and the little loop shots around rotisserie, as well as right ramp w spinner gives some nice twists on play. Call outs are starting to get relative, and while lots of polish still to come, I really enjoy the nuances and pure fun of this title right now!!!

#1429 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

* turntable not level

Has anyone discussed how to adjust the turntable height?

#1430 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Completely agree....I'm settling in nicely to the different feel of this one. It's a very "tight layout" and the little loop shots around rotisserie, as well as right ramp w spinner gives some nice twists on play. Call outs are starting to get relative, and while lots of polish still to come, I really enjoy the nuances and pure fun of this title right now!!!

Soon as the villain vision is implemented and the villians taunt us as the player (hopefully Gomez delivers on this promise, well I guess its up to Lyman in a way so there is hope!) it will add to the immersion and completely change the feel of the game, add some timers/hurry ups to the taunts as well and it should be pure cheesy fun which will nail the theme.

#1431 7 years ago

Looks like i'm getting a new mech assembly and node board for the flippers.

So i get to tackle installing that monster. Supposedly the sheared wiring is tied to the mech, drop it out, drop a new one in and boom boom its play time!

#1432 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So i get to tackle installing that monster. Supposedly the sheared wiring is tied to the mech, drop it out, drop a new one in and boom boom its play time!

congrats

#1433 7 years ago

Is it me or the phone magnet grab the ball only once every 5 times?
On the other hand the ball is coming crazy fast..

Is there something to fine tune this?

#1434 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Has anyone discussed how to adjust the turntable height?

Same question ... mine surrounds the smaller TT inside the larger one

#1435 7 years ago

It's here! The adventure begins...

IMAG0219 (resized).jpgIMAG0219 (resized).jpg

#1436 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Easy mod for not SLE. My boy already had the bat signal in its toys. Hope he will not freak out.

If you want to mod the batsignal you have to match the 66 style batsignal logo check out this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-batsignal-mod-tutorial-for-batman66

#1437 7 years ago

Magnet behavior does seem pretty random. Sometimes it grabs, sometimes it ignores completely, sometimes it can REALLY fling the ball around in crazy ways. I've only had one SDTM though.

#1438 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bam!!!....close to Bat Time!!!!!!

#1439 7 years ago

My magnet as well!! Sometimes it sticks hard,and other times,wow,the ball really does stuff I can't explain!! Crazy fun!

#1440 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Magnet behavior does seem pretty random. Sometimes it grabs, sometimes it ignores completely, sometimes it can REALLY fling the ball around in crazy ways. I've only had one SDTM though.

Most probably code related, one thing you can be sure of with Stern and certainly Lyman is they don't often slack on the usage of playfield magnets

#1441 7 years ago

Iceman,hope everything else goes ok!!

#1442 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

But......

Own GB PREM and had BM66 for a couple weeks before selling. For me, BM66 will never touch GB at any level

#1443 7 years ago

So my premium arrived yesterday. I am happy to report minimal issues and I was up and running.
I will need to do the newest code update, as this still has the earlier version.
Overall I am satisfied. Love the soundtrack and the artwork.
So the card on my game is pretty unexciting....is it "lame" if I upgrade it to a Adam West card I just happen to have in my collection?

31847322044_f3ab97a534_o (resized).jpg31847322044_f3ab97a534_o (resized).jpg

32311064500_9a087e956c_o (resized).jpg32311064500_9a087e956c_o (resized).jpg

32537532162_169e99a9a9_o (resized).jpg32537532162_169e99a9a9_o (resized).jpg

32690199905_8f767039c4_o (resized).jpg32690199905_8f767039c4_o (resized).jpg

#1444 7 years ago

It all adds up. Sending door out for coating soon eventually

IMG_0748.JPGIMG_0748.JPG

#1445 7 years ago

Batmobile is shiny and without the cheesy flames seen on earlier releases. Almost looks like an authentic Hot Wheels.

IMAG0220 (resized).jpgIMAG0220 (resized).jpg

IMAG0222 (resized).jpgIMAG0222 (resized).jpg

#1446 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Lol. Classic!

#1447 7 years ago

Just checked and the Batmobile on the turntable IS in fact a Hot Wheels one. Looks to be one of the later releases. So far no issues. Every screw is tight and right. No loose connections. All diagnostics test OK. Haven't dropped a ball yet until I get the playfield protector on. Playfield does seem sparse but I'm still more than happy with it.

#1448 7 years ago

Here is my fix for the air balls. A thicker piece of plastic. This one doesn't flex like the one installed on the game. I also used longer screws to attach it to the ramp.

IMG_2229 (resized).JPGIMG_2229 (resized).JPG

#1449 7 years ago

For Stern to market BM66 as such a special anniversary premium product they really should have just had enclosed wireforms at the bends. Sure someone will make their own down the road the skill set on pinside never ceases to amaze me.

#1450 7 years ago

Just finished framing my Mondo print of the Batmobile (by Tom Whalen)
This is a 2016 limited edition release of 300 signed and numbered 24" x 36" (big!) prints

Framed this one at 30" x 40" to allow for a nice purple mat to match the print.
I'll probably do the Utility Belt print with an orange or yellow mat

Going in my office next to the Kevin Tong Batman Utility Belt print that I purchased but has not yet arrived (same size 24" x 36")

Should look great together - man are they are huge!

20170204_191627 (resized).jpg20170204_191627 (resized).jpg
Tong_BatmanUtilityBelt_REGULAR_FINAL_1024x1024 (resized).jpgTong_BatmanUtilityBelt_REGULAR_FINAL_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.25
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.