IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 374.
#3951 6 years ago

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#3952 6 years ago

Don't tell me he never used those X-ray eyes to see through Lois Lanes dress.................

#3953 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Don't tell me he never used those X-ray eyes to see through Lois Lanes dress.................

Michael Caine's eyes maybe.

michaelcainechrisreevedeathtrap1 (resized).JPGmichaelcainechrisreevedeathtrap1 (resized).JPG

#3954 6 years ago

Every time I see a ton of activity on this thread I am disappointed.

#3955 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Every time I see a ton of activity on this thread I am disappointed.

Every time I buy a machine I feel the same...........lol

#3956 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Funniest thing I've read on Pinside in a long time.
Stern has shown time and again that "marketing" is a foreign concept. We can only hope that Zach has a clue.

I did say it was a big if

#3957 6 years ago

Superman or Wonder Woman would be a perfect companion pin to Batman66.

16641005_10210898475073034_2451785040077829231_n (resized).jpg16641005_10210898475073034_2451785040077829231_n (resized).jpg

CuMeyr1WYAAhpbg (resized).jpgCuMeyr1WYAAhpbg (resized).jpg

#3958 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'd probably take both!

#3959 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was kind of hoping they would get to The Green Hornet and Kato first.

CmiT5-1445016887-488-blog-batman_greenhornet_crossover_1200 (resized).jpgCmiT5-1445016887-488-blog-batman_greenhornet_crossover_1200 (resized).jpg

#3960 6 years ago

Holy off-topic discussion Batman!!

#3961 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was kind of hoping they would get to The Green Hornet and Kato first.

Would be cool if lyman sneaks in a quick cameo of green hornet and kata in the code somewhere. Maybe as part of some kind of mode where you do a wall climb and the lcd shows different cameos at the window as you make your shots.

#3962 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Holy off-topic discussion Batman!!

Exactly! Also, how about a little solidarity in not caving to throwing pre-order money at Stern's next shiny object until BM66 gets a lot more Stern love?

#3963 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Exactly! Also, how about a little solidarity in not caving to throwing pre-order money at Stern's next shiny object until BM66 gets a lot more Stern love?

Oh it will. Or it better.

By Labor Day update for sure. That's my go crazy deadline.

It's Lyman.

#3964 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hope you've got enough beer to take you to Labor day, ice.

#3965 6 years ago

Trust me Odiner, I never run out of beer!

And i have several bottles of tequila ready to go as well. Just rattled off several games on BM66, GB and AS, so i will be ready!

#3966 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Im 100% in agreement...BM66 needs to rock in codeland sooner than later..love the machine, but it's time... been long enough with a title of this caliber....if they nail it, Im in on a Sm78LE whatever....if its not done, Im out, period.

#3967 6 years ago

It's awfully quite here on the BM66 front this Thursday. I guess no one with any inside intel is watching for a code drop today?

#3968 6 years ago

I was amped up the past 3 Thursdays, thoughts of a code drop helping me get through the week. That's long burned out. Just another day.....

#3969 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

It's awfully quite here on the BM66 front this Thursday. I guess no one with any inside intel is watching for a code drop today?

We are waiting and watching....always watching.

eLa3e.gifeLa3e.gif

#3971 6 years ago

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#3972 6 years ago

How long is it now. Three plus months

#3973 6 years ago

So, am I reading right....SW got an update 2 days ago?....Admit, Im getting pissed now...calling Stern tomorrow...

Very, very glad my AFMRLE showed up yesterday....

#3974 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Very, very glad my AFMRLE showed up yesterday....

Sweet have fun!!

#3975 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

AFMRLE showed up yesterday

No wait for code there!

#3976 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Sweet have fun!!

The game is absolutely sick!!! Sleeper for me, had no intention of adding it...would have been a huge mistake if I had passed....( not trying to derail BM66 thread, btw, just not real happy about the code and lack of communication, so venting a bit)

Im keeping mine as it still appeals to me, but wtf?

#3977 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The game is absolutely sick!!! Sleeper for me, had no intention of adding it...would have been a huge mistake if I had passed....( not trying to derail BM66 thread, btw, just not real happy about the code and lack of communication, so venting a bit)
Im keeping mine as it still appeals to me, but wtf?

No Commissioner Gordon updates either. It's another failed attempt. I'm sorry but this whole situation is just pathetic. Lack of updates, ghosting is okay, and the general cheapening all around. I think the tipping point is here for most of us. Too many options for this to keep going on.

The KISS update was a joke. SW is bare and gets code. Aerosmith people need an update that was promised, and BM66 is taking forever

All Stern needs to do is tell us an approximate date. That they are a couple weeks out, or are testing the latest update. Let us know if there are bugs. It's so much better than this BS.

#3978 6 years ago

They hire Sharpe in marketing and move Jody somewhere which is fine BUT

They need some F ing programming help if they keep pumping out titles

#3979 6 years ago

The SW code update is nothing to brag about.

Agree that not using the Commission Gordon email is just a massive marketing whiff. How Stern thinks they benefit by being so tone deaf is beyond my comprehension.

#3980 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They need some F ing programming help if they keep pumping out titles

There are additional programming resources added/being added. But that doesn't help Batman as Lyman prefers to work alone (though I think others work on graphics).

#3981 6 years ago

Worth baring in mind (trying to be positive here) that the SW might be getting regular updates because 90% of the code was done and lifted from GOT, this situation with BM66 code is a joke but I am hopeful that when Lyman drops his significant update that it's a unique and fun package.

I will take that over what feels and looks like a copy and paste, SW is a very good copy and paste but non the less it feels very much like GOT, I'd rather wait and have BM feel like it's own unique experience. End of positivity.

#3982 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Worth baring in mind (trying to be positive here) that the SW might be getting regular updates because 90% of the code was done and lifted from GOT, this situation with BM66 code is a joke but I am hopeful that when Lyman drops his significant update that it's a unique and fun package.
I will take that over what feels and looks like a copy and paste, SW is a very good copy and paste but non the less it feels very much like GOT, I'd rather wait and have BM feel like it's own unique experience. End of positivity.

I'll take your positivity and agree....I truly believe BM will be an awesome machine when finished. All the pieces are there....probably why the wait is so hard....

#3983 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll take your positivity and agree....I truly believe BM will be an awesome machine when finished. All the pieces are there....probably why the wait is so hard....

As frustrating as this wait is I do believe we are seeing this, because Lyman is working on BM from the ground up, where as Dwight has maybe copied a lot from GOT, then more I see of SW the more the code reminds me of GOT. I'll take new, unique code anyday.

It would just be nice if we got that code soon, maybe we will see it on the 1 year anniversary of the game (possibly Lyman is using that time/date to put as much as he can in the code up until that point?) either way Stern handling of things as usual is making it harder and harder to support them in the future.

#3984 6 years ago

On another note does anyone know which cards Stern used for the Adam West Signatures? I'd like to try and get one from the same set/series as the one in my LE signed by Burt.

#3985 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

On another note does anyone know which cards Stern used for the Adam West Signatures? I'd like to try and get one from the same set/series as the one in my LE signed by Burt.

1989 Reissues of these:
https://www.cardboardconnection.com/1966-topps-batman-black-bat-trading-cards

#3986 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you bought the numbered bluray boxset edition of the TV show, it included a subset of the 66 trading cards.

Burt Ward is gonna be at Terrificon in CT this weekend along with Lee Meriweather (catwoman from 1966 film). I might try and go since its only 1 hour away for me and supposedly this is the first time (so the ad claims) the batboat, batmobile, batcycle, and batcopter will be together at a single show.

When I brought my LE to a comicon earlier this year I took the Adam West card from my LE machine and brought it to his table and he charged me $120 to sign it. It ended up being a waste of money since Later in the show he came and played my game. After I showed him how the modes worked he signed my apron for free.

If you want me to try and get a card signed for you let me know and we can try and make it happen. Celebrities seem to change the price of their signatures from show to show by gauging what they can get away with. With Burt's I would expect it to be $100 plus or minus $40.

Here's the card I have with Robin on it from the bluray set:

20170818_090702[1] (resized).jpg20170818_090702[1] (resized).jpg

#3987 6 years ago

Personally I'd rather the nice card without the signature

#3988 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Personally I'd rather the nice card without the signature

I like how Stern did the apron on the game so you can easily swap cards in/out and change from portrait to landscape mode.
This way if you got a card you didn't like you can easily swap it out for another one.

#3989 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you bought the numbered bluray boxset edition of the TV show, it included a subset of the 66 trading cards.
Burt Ward is gonna be at Terrificon in CT this weekend along with Lee Meriweather (catwoman from 1966 film). I might try and go since its only 1 hour away for me and supposedly this is the first time (so the ad claims) the batboat, batmobile, batcycle, and batcopter will be together at a single show.
When I brought my LE to a comicon earlier this year I took the Adam West card from my LE machine and brought it to his table and he charged me $120 to sign it. It ended up being a waste of money since Later in the show he came and played my game. After I showed him how the modes worked he signed my apron for free.
If you want me to try and get a card signed for you let me know and we can try and make it happen. Celebrities seem to change the price of their signatures from show to show by gauging what they can get away with. With Burt's I would expect it to be $100 plus or minus $40.
Here's the card I have with Robin on it from the bluray set:

Awesome Doc thank you for the offer that would be awesome!

My signed Adam West card is whirlpool:
IMG_4481 (resized).JPGIMG_4481 (resized).JPG

So do I keep the water theme with Aquatic Attack or go with a cool Robin card like Fighting Back?

decisions, decisions.....

#3990 6 years ago

FYI,"Robin rescued" is on my B66LE,Batgadget #53:Batzooka!

#3991 6 years ago

As a followup to my post last night, just got off the phone w Mike at Automated, thanked him for the AFMRLE, then started talking BM. He is calling Gary, as well as several others at Stern NOW to express his customers displeasure in how they are handling the code/ communication issues.

Mike has always been great and upfront with me, and as one of the largest distros in the country, carries weight ( probably more than any of us individually). I really thanked him for doing this, and he assured me he knew the path to get resolution. I believe him.....we will see....

I think the distro is the best place to start......

#3992 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As a followup to my post last night, just got off the phone w Mike at Automated, thanked him for the AFMRLE, then started talking BM. He is calling Gary, as well as several others at Stern NOW to express his customers displeasure in how they are handling the code/ communication issues.
Mike has always been great and upfront with me, and as one of the largest distros in the country, carries weight ( probably more than any of us individually). I really thanked him for doing this, and he assured me he knew the path to get resolution. I believe him.....we will see....

If you can post anything you hear back from Mike that would be awesome.

#3993 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think the early code (and higher price) are keeping sale low. I remember seeing one of the distributors putting something along the lines of "new updated code coming soon" in one of their ebay listings for the game back in the spring.

From a purely business standpoint it would make sense for Stern to not relase batman66 code until they are all caught up on Star Wars orders and before the next new game hits the line. That way when there is a lull in production they could release the code to much fanfare and get fresh premiums built to ride the momentum the new code creates.

#3994 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Did exactly the same with my distributor about a 6 weeks ago. He called Gary who assured him 2 weeks for the next drop (I know, sounds like a 2 week joke) and game finished by end of year.

So, the first goal has been well and truly missed. Let's hope the end of year one works out.

#3995 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did exactly the same with my distributor about a 6 weeks ago. He called Gary who assured him 2 weeks for the next drop (I know, sounds like a 2 week joke) and game finished by end of year.
So, the first goal has been well and truly missed. Let's hope the end of year one works out.

Actually, that sounds right. Given that timeline that's about when a new code drop was in testing but before Stern decided to skip it and have Lyman just keep going, so what Gary said was probably true when he said it.

#3996 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you can post anything you hear back from Mike that would be awesome.

I will...(I'll call Monday, as still working)

#3997 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Gary's clearly been talking to Gomez. Oops.

#3998 6 years ago

Stern will put out an update on their own schedule. No matter what we say or do.... (watch video)

#3999 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Stern will put out an update on their own schedule. No matter what we say or do.... (watch video)
» YouTube video

Mike will at least shoot straight with me after he talks to them. I just want a bit of accountability....big distros get the best info ( at least in my profession). If it's another 6 months, 2 weeks, whatever and someone is held to it, so be it.

I, for one, don't mind minor updates...at least shows me they are working on it.....I'm still keeping faith in Gary, George, Lyman, and Stern in general, regarding the completion of this awesome title. This one will bite them hard if it falls off.

Drinking to a Labor Day code drop!!!

#4000 6 years ago

MK6PIN - I was just having a little fun with my comments and video link. I haven't watched that clip in awhile, funny stuff from Bill Murray. Anyway, I have no doubt the code will meet our expectations. The code willl be done when it's done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.