New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,329 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,526 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

51FD26F2-40F7-46FA-8F2A-2F0C7F96E4C1 (resized).jpeg
20201127_111855 (resized).jpg
20201127_111534 (resized).jpg
20201127_111524 (resized).jpg
20201127_111510 (resized).jpg
20201120_151227 (resized).jpg
20201127_111801 (resized).jpg
20201127_111820 (resized).jpg
BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg
22440D00-724D-4C9E-A7C5-8377BDDC01A1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16329 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 327.
#951 3 years ago

Anyone with the eaglemoss batmobile able to confirm the length, thanks.

#952 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'd prefer from the rear but that's just me! Sorry I couldn't resist.

Saw that coming and was hoping for it too .... sounds like Burgess Meredith on Grumpy Old Men. Funny that's something the "Penguin" would say in a later movie.

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

How did you mount her?

In volleyball terms, it was a high soft lob perfectly setup for a spike. I knew someone would go for it.

#954 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Here are some pictures of my mods to BM66 so far.
- PDI glass, of course
- 4 black spotlights added to the GI on top of the slings
- Batmobile and Batcycle near the flippers (temporary until some innovative Pinsider comes up with a better idea)
- Spotlight in the back right, currently wired to the GI as well
- Bust to access batpoles on top of a bumper cap (again until someone comes up with a better idea)
- Batcopter above the left ramp
There's less room for mods than I expected. The only obvious open spots that seem to remain are by the right ramp cat and the far left, back corner, perhaps. The bust should have been by the phone, but there's just not enough room there to add it. I wonder if it might be worth the extra work to mount little bat spotlights all over to enhance the GI instead of the usual silver/black pin spotlights we're used to? I'll throw that idea out there and hope one of our Pinsider modders come up with something like that, though it'll cost a bit to buy a bunch of bat signals. Anyway, some of these are place holders until I see a better idea.

Looks great! Don't forget clear washers for the slings to finish it off (for now right?)

#955 3 years ago

With all the great mods in the works, I wonder if anyone is planning on doing some custom side Bat armor? Love Sterns version on the SLE and would buy something similar for my Pre in a second.

Like these?
IMG_0068 (resized).JPG

#956 3 years ago

I would probably buy a set of those! The lower screw holes are not needed as most probably won't use them

#957 3 years ago

These are better

IMG_4040 (resized).JPG

IMG_4054 (resized).JPG

#958 3 years ago

Want.

#959 3 years ago

Whoa nice!

#960 3 years ago

small nits... mods maybe?

the red bat-phone toy on the turn-table is all red. But, if you watch the LCD, the videos of the red bat-phone show it having a black center piece. think the toy should be colored black too in the middle?

on the turn-table, the side with the bat-tv. The 2 targets under it are extremely dark & hard to see. Maybe put some light(s) behind the targets to make them visible? Even cast a light out from behind them (aimed downward to not blind the player) onto the playfield in front? Or maybe a light hidden under/behind the tv, aimed down to the 2 targets?

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

the red bat-phone toy on the turn-table is all red. But, if you watch the LCD, the videos of the red bat-phone show it having a black center piece. think the toy should be colored black too in the middle?

This one has bugged me ever since I first saw the game. A decal is needed for sure.

#962 3 years ago

Sweeeeet. In stock?

#963 3 years ago

Kitty style?

#964 3 years ago

Wow those are nicer than the LE/SLE armor! Excellent job!

#965 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm planning to bring SLE to texas pinball festival (TPF). so we're looking at like 300+ plays over 4 days (maybe?).
think i should just put down a smaller piece of mylar at the top area for TPF, then remove it when i get home & then do the full sheet (or another new small piece) ?

Lots of room for Batman in our little Gulf Coast / Ark La Tex area.

#966 3 years ago

Holy take my money now Batman!

#968 3 years ago

You know I'm buying those armor upgrades whenever/if possible!

Also- About 6-7 ppl saw and played my BM66LE for their very first time last night on the stream. Every single person enjoyed it, said it was beautiful, and confirmed it felt nothing at all like BDK. (No disrespect to BDK).

The sky's the limit with the code and the villains, gadgets, tvs, sub-villains, etc etc, hundreds of episodes of corny dialogue for clips and call outs. Makes me wet just thinking about it. Love knowing that it will for sure get done too.

#969 3 years ago

WHOA!!!! can I now please beg you to make a lockdown bar with the same black sparkle finish, and replace the decals with some of that amazing work?.....I suspect every LE, SLE owner would buy one immediately.

Guarantee, I'd be one of your first customers....!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!....

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Also- About 6-7 ppl saw and played my BM66LE for their very first time last night on the stream. Every single person enjoyed it, said it was beautiful, and confirmed it felt nothing at all like BDK. (No disrespect to BDK).
The sky's the limit with the code and the villains, gadgets, tvs, sub-villains, etc etc, hundreds of episodes of corny dialogue for clips and call outs. Makes me wet just thinking about it. Love knowing that it will for sure get done too.

THIS + 1000..^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Excellent stream. Totally agree, nothing like BDK

#972 3 years ago

Hello,Fellow Bat Fans!! MY B66LE came yesterday,and I've gotten all the paperwork out of it,but,not unboxed yet!!My question is,Where do you find out what Bat gadget you get??? Nothing in my paperwork says what it is??There is a #56 on the box,does that give a clue?? Any help ??Thanks!!!

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,Fellow Bat Fans!! MY B66LE came yesterday,and I've gotten all the paperwork out of it,but,not unboxed yet!!My question is,Where do you find out what Bat gadget you get??? Nothing in my paperwork says what it is??There is a #56 on the box,does that give a clue?? Any help ??Thanks!!!

You have to look on the plaque on the left front of the backbox.

Unbox it and let us know ... you could have an episode or a gadget.

Post pics here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-le-episode-and-gadget-list

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Episode LE The joker's provokers. That's my guess.

#976 3 years ago

YES!!!! Will these be finished in the standard
black to match the premiums? I'll take them!

#977 3 years ago

Well.my B66LE #53 Bazooka!! And is it f..ked up!! There are no screws in the TV set,and it's just sitting there! #3rdball went into the carosel and froze Wow what a piece of dodo this is!! Has any body been able to play this pin right out of the box??? very disappointed with this shit!!!!

#978 3 years ago

Thats a BATzooka,system corrected it!!

#979 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Thats a BATzooka,system corrected it!!

Show us a picture of the card you got too!

Sorry to hear about the tv not being screwed in. That's kind of crazy to make it out of QC...

#980 3 years ago

Interesting that you have 53 and the box said 56. Sorry to hear about the TV. To answer your question, yes. My game was playable out of the box.

Do what many of us have done - go through your game, check for loose and missing screws/hardware, check the zip ties (especially left ramp), glue the Batmobile screws in and do the QC that Stern apparently missed on many of these games. And keep your fingers crossed your playfield isn't defective.

#981 3 years ago

YES!!!! Will these be finished in the standard
black to match the premiums? I'll take them!

Yes

#982 3 years ago

I got my BM66LE Last week and have been messing with it. This one is Episode # 14 "Batman Stands Pat". No real issues out of the box except for the left orbit shot rattling out.
I installed the three BM66 Hallmark ornaments and I'm experimenting with the Joker on the Spinner - I think it looks better than the batmobile (spins well too) but I'm going to figure out a way to grind down the sides of the batmobile toy and put it between the Joker's legs as well. I have the mini batsignal and the SLE Hot Wheels vehicles - trying to think of different places to mount them...

IMG_20170113_180122 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170120_023251 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170113_181135 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170120_023302 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170113_181335 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170113_191256 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170115_045047 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170115_035010 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170115_045105 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170115_045042 (resized).jpg

#983 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well.my B66LE #53 Batzooka!! And is it f..ked up!! There are no screws in the TV set,and it's just sitting there! #3rdball went into the carosel and froze Wow what a piece of dodo this is!! Has any body been able to play this pin right out of the box??? very disappointed with this shit!!!!

Any chance of a pic of your plaque and what signed card did you get?

And don't forget to add your info here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-le-episode-and-gadget-list

#984 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting that you have 53 and the box said 56. Sorry to hear about the TV. To answer your question, yes. My game was playable out of the box.
Do what many of us have done - go through your game, check for loose and missing screws/hardware, check the zip ties (especially left ramp), glue the Batmobile screws in and do the QC that Stern apparently missed on many of these games. And keep your fingers crossed your playfield isn't defective.

This is so sad! I wish you guys the best!

#985 3 years ago

Hmmmmm....can I get a match makers fee?

IMG_5965 (resized).PNG

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Hmmmmm....can I get a match makers fee?

I'm guessing the $11,500 firm price is what's stopping those two from getting together.

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm guessing the $11,500 firm price is what's stopping those two from getting together.

Yup. $10k list is insane enough to start with. I really, really wanted an LE. But no way, no how would I have ever considered more. I hope the Batman flippers flop.

For those where $10k-$11k is rounding error, maybe. I suspect that LE will be available for quite some time.

#988 3 years ago

Pinsider pickenheim has an LE for sale @ $9800 #57 Badget - Anti Blast Bat Powder

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/44277

#989 3 years ago

B66LE #53 Batzooka gadget and, Robin Saved, is the signed card! In the pic,Robin is on a rack,being stretched by the Riddler,and Batman is swinging in on a chandelier to save Robin!Stern sending a tech.tomorrow!! ( yes i know its Sunday) I got pull!!

#990 3 years ago

Finally got my machine working after 3 weeks. Had to install two new node boards. A light shorted out two boards. I also had my light on the circular toy break off and the batmobile was damaged. Anyway I finally got to play some games. A lot of fun. Quick question. On my LE the topper only lights when game is done. Is the topper interactive during game play? No lights are on at all. Let me know. Thanks

IMG_1221 (resized).JPG

IMG_1222 (resized).JPG

IMG_1224 (resized).JPG

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Is the topper interactive during game play? No lights are on at all.

The topper currently only functions during attract mode.

How did a light short out two node boards?

#992 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. It appears when the light mechanism broke off it hit metal and shorted the two boards. The light was installed incorrectly. It pulled when the mechanism turned. Poor qc at the factory. At least it's fixed now. My lights were all flickering similar to the ghostbusters scoop issue. Chas at Stern was a great help.

#993 3 years ago

Happened again. LED in sling (specifically the right top led) ... ball is impacting. Replaced with flat tops this time.

20170121_131948 (resized).jpg20170121_131937 (resized).jpg

#994 3 years ago

That happened on mine also. I have had a hell of a time with this machine. Stern send me new bulbs. Mine look different. They are clear.

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

There are no screws in the TV set,and it's just sitting there!

Dang, we almost need to develop a specific owners PDI-like checklist for this game, thanks to Stern's abysmal QC. Your television mounting hardware might have come loose in transit after not being tightened at the factory and be elsewhere in the game, or maybe they just completely missed installing it. Many of us have found mounting gear loose in our games. Here are the usual places to look: (1) obviously check under the game within the cabinet; (2) check inside of the scoop; (3) look closely at the larger spinning mechanism to make sure nothing got wedged between it and the playfield; and (4) check the ball trough. Remove and reinstall the spinning Batmobile using glue and Loctite, as has been explained elsewhere in this thread. Check the tops of the ramps to make sure the plastic covers and cats are tightly installed. Make sure the magnet is flush with the playfield, there's been at least one of those badly installed. Install better quality balls than what comes with the game and a stronger ball plunger spring. There's also a left ramp tweak that might be helpful, also explained elsewhere in this thread. Finally, update the code and get going.

On a positive note, these issues are forcing us to become more familiar with our games at the get-go. That's helped me get a head start on modding mine out.

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Happened again. LED in sling (specifically the right top led) ... ball is impacting. Replaced with flat tops this time.

What is a flat top and why do you think that will be better?

#997 3 years ago

Not only are the 2 screws totally missing,the entire turntable showed up on the screen non-functioning,malfunction,it will not turn at all!! Wow,so fu...d up right out of the box,and a p.s.,after only about a hundred plays,my GB/PRe.I waited 8 Mo.for,the slimer mech froze up! Not working!! My LAST Stern!!!!

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

That lens looks wide, compared to the standard insert bulb..weird....looked at mine tonight....close, but would take a massive hit for the sling rubber to hit the dome of bulb

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That lens looks wide, compared to the standard insert bulb..weird....looked at mine tonight....close, but would take a massive hit for the sling rubber to hit the dome of bulb

The broken one in the pic is a comet Optmax purple that I replaced the stock (broken) LED just 2 nights ago

Quoted from jfh:

What is a flat top and why do you think that will be better?

Flat top is the bare SMD of a 44 bulb ... no dome cover (see image)
I think these will work better as there is nothing for the ball/sling rubber to lever against as its too low. We will see

20170121_234343 (resized).jpg

#1000 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow,so fu...d up right out of the box,and a p.s.,after only about a hundred plays,my GB/PRe.I waited 8 Mo.for,the slimer mech froze up! Not working!! My LAST Stern!!!!

Dang man, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you can resolve it quickly and with the least amount of pain. Gomez and Stern really blew an opportunity with this game to get past the previous problems. Clearly, there is zero QC at Stern at present.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
There are 16329 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 327.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside