New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,320 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,518 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg
22440D00-724D-4C9E-A7C5-8377BDDC01A1 (resized).jpeg
FD76ADB2-0F2A-4497-B50D-ED1EC69CA3FE (resized).jpeg
IMG_6670 (resized).jpeg
7619B73C-7E85-4F79-A342-6BD6E53F89AA (resized).jpeg
AD952DD2-A701-4C6E-93BC-A1C6354F7E8D (resized).jpeg
7A8608AC-E9D0-400F-B5F4-A27325500008 (resized).png
20201113_120835 (resized).jpg
20201113_120754 (resized).jpg
4CF40AA9-1573-4C07-9086-5554D23EF47C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16320 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 327.
#3851 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Next problem, I press select but test doesn't start.

You probably have a bad node board. #8 if i recall.

Is the assembly turning at all?

#3852 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just got a Premium. Having an issue with the ball stuck in the batmobile spinner and goes into ball search. What is the fix for that? Seems like ball search would at least move that spinner:

A tad more pitch makes a BIG difference in this game...I rarely get hang ups in that area any more( a slight nudge always gets it free...also makes ramps " lock in" much better....

#3853 3 years ago

have you aligned the turntable?

#3854 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

The bubble is almost dead center closer to to bottom line. Does it need to be pitched higher.?

Download the bubble level app for your phone. Take off the glass and put your phone on the playfield. Set the PF to at least 6.5-7.0 degrees.

#3855 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You probably have a bad node board. #8 if i recall.
Is the assembly turning at all?

The wires got pulled up in the motor and bent the plastic stopper and broke the solder on one of the diodes on that board under the motor. Have to call stern for a replacement

IMG_5136 (resized).JPG

#3856 3 years ago

Hmmm, maybe too many labels. I think I like the "Bat-Plunger" one but others might be too busy.

labels on (resized).jpg

#3857 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hmmm, maybe too many labels. I think I like the "Bat-Plunger" one but others might be too busy.

I think it's just to cluttered in the middle. Moving "Coin Insert Slots" above and the return chutes to the right of the returns should make it look a little better.

#3858 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I like them, but yeah I'd say keep Bat Plunger, and Bat-Start Button, and maybe Bat Door Lock.

#3859 3 years ago

Personally I would just get rid of the batlock one, the rest are quite tongue in cheek funny that one just doesn't work as well as the others, it would help it feel less cluttered too.

#3860 3 years ago

But if he gets rid of any, how will he know what they are?

#3861 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have mine pitched just off the middle towards the top line adds a little more speed on the game.
The ramps and orbits shoot super fast with a little more pitch

THIS!

#3862 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I do like the coin slot inserts - they say a lot with just a picture....

Where did you get them?

#3863 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

The wires got pulled up in the motor and bent the plastic stopper and broke the solder on one of the diodes on that board under the motor. Have to call stern for a replacement

Yep. Thought that might be it too.

Same thing happened to mine. Had a mangled mess with wiring caught in motor.

Had to get whole new assembly

#3864 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Very cool!!

#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Same thing happened to mine. Had a mangled mess with wiring caught in motor.
Had to get whole new assembly

I think I was able to save the wires ok so hopefully just getting a new board will get me back. I really love the way it plays so far with just a few games.

#3866 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I think I was able to save the wires ok so hopefully just getting a new board will get me back. I really love the way it plays so far with just a few games.

Very nice! I'm sure the new board will work. Glad you don't have to replace the whole mech, its a monster!

Welcome to the club.

#3867 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I do like the coin slot inserts - they say a lot with just a picture....
Where did you get them?

I made the in photoshop and printed them out using photo paper. Here are the logos if you want to print them out yourself. If you print at 300 dpi and dont resize them they should be the correct size.

insert_logos.jpg

#3868 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I think it's just to cluttered in the middle. Moving "Coin Insert Slots" above and the return chutes to the right of the returns should make it look a little better.

I would have preferred to put the coin insert one above the slots but there just isnt room. I could just replace the insignia logo's on the actual coin slots with the text label.

#3869 3 years ago

bat coin door could suffice

#3870 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

bat coin door could suffice

I didnt think of that. Good idea!

#3871 3 years ago

manimal I think you should drop in the office and give some people a swift kick in the ass. Code soon, where
I think I'm on team Vireland now.

#3872 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

manimal I think you should drop in the office and give some people a swift kick in the ass. Code soon, where

As you say that, I am working on a trip over for a different reason, so I will see what I can do. I will admit, I was never given a timeline, but based on my conversations, I would have bet it would have been before now. I am assuming they just decided to keep going more towards the finish line to get more of the modes completed, but then again, maybe everyone over there said the hell with the code and are in the back room playing poker.... lol

#3873 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

As you say that, I am working on a trip over for a different reason, so I will see what I can do. I will admit, I was never given a timeline, but based on my conversations, I would have bet it would have been before now. I am assuming they just decided to keep going more towards the finish line to get more of the modes completed, but then again, maybe everyone over there said the hell with the code and are in the back room playing poker.... lol

LOL thanks man, appreciate it.
Just massively frustrated, like many others, how this has played out.

#3874 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

LOL thanks man, appreciate it.
Just massively frustrated, like many others, how this has played out.

For me, if this were my only machine, I would probably be right up there with you. But given I have a few others, it doesn't bother me much. I won't go as far as all of the others to say I am happy with the code as it sits, but it is better than some other turds out there. They pretty much have to come out with something soon, or Gomez will get roasted at the stake! lol

#3875 3 years ago

very true. Expo could get ugly

#3876 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Literally EVERY owner should be yelling Stern's ear off. I have no idea why there are still people defending the FACT that we're almost 3/4 of a YEAR since release and it's STILL nowhere close to even a 1.00 releasable version. Crazy. We're are 81 days since the last Gomez drop. Also Crazy, when "every two weeks until we getcha there" was originally stated pre-release.

Like I said a while ago when people were just calling me essentially a "Debbie downer" - I'm one of the only ones calling out the truth, just most people didn't seem ready to hear it. That's changing - FINALLY. To let this slide silently is to give Stern license to do this nonsense AGAIN, and that should NEVER happen.

8-14 gomes drop (resized).jpg

#3877 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm one of the only ones calling out the truth, just most people didn't seem ready to hear it.

No, you're just banging the same old tired drum and still not taking responsibility for your own actions when you ignored that the game shipped with alpha code.

For a self-proclaimed programming expert you continue to show a complete lack of understanding of the process. Screaming "go faster" helps no one. There is only one Lyman writing code and only so many hours in a day.

I want the code finished to Lyman's vision. I don't want him rushed or pressured to meet an artificial time table. That never ends well - a project may be done, but it's a hollow victory if it's not really finished.

Stern won't get away with anything - if they don't complete Batman as promised, not only will Stern has lost the good will of Batman 66 customers but anyone considering buying a NIB Stern game in the future.

#3878 3 years ago
Quoted from kingkong16:

For those having problems with the stand up Joker target, just adjust the two screws under the PF and straighten the target. It won't get stuck on the metal post anymore.

I experienced this last night. I knew there were some posts here about it, so I came searching. I will have to try this fix and hopefully correct the problem.

#3879 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeWellSpent:

I experienced this last night. I knew there were some posts here about it, so I came searching. I will have to try this fix and hopefully correct the problem.

Sounds easy! I'm sure you need to remove turntable to access screws. I have not removed turntable yet, as it looks involved and I don't want to stuff anything under there.
Does anyone know of an easy way to adjust target without having to remove the whole mech.?

#3880 3 years ago

I added a small piece of foam onto bracket that's between / behind both targets. Helps to keep the inner edge of the target from getting caught in the bracket edge.

#3881 3 years ago

Dammit with all the new posts today I just logged in and thought sweet new code

When is the next big show stateside?

#3882 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No, you're just banging the same old tired drum and still not taking responsibility for your own actions when you ignored that the game shipped with alpha code.
For a self-proclaimed programming expert you continue to show a complete lack of understanding of the process. Screaming "go faster" helps no one. There is only one Lyman writing code and only so many hours in a day.
I want the code finished to Lyman's vision. I don't want him rushed or pressured to meet an artificial time table. That never ends well - a project may be "finished", but it's a hollow victory if it's not really done.
Stern won't get away with anything - if they don't complete Batman as promised, not only will Stern has lost the good will of Batman 66 customers but anyone considering buying a NIB Stern game in the future.

It was alluded to in gomez's responses about issues on the spike platform. They are still very much working out kinks of the platform. Specifically when they mention a more robust diagnostic interface to deal with node board troubleshooting. I would wager Lyman is heavily involved in those aspects still. While indirectly it means he's working / improving BM it's also for all their other spike games etc.

Coming up on 3 months, 3 freaking months!!! Of nothing released! there is no pass on this, good will expired. I read others shared wisdom "wait 6 months, wait a year" to see where code is on other titles. Well I learned my lesson with this title. 8k approx sitting dormant for 8 months because it's questionably half done. Won't make this mistake again.....

#3883 3 years ago

I just wish Stern would make public statements regarding code updates etc for all machines in need of it. Just a general outline of what's coming in the future. No concrete deadlines etc. They're a fucking pinball company not the CIA!

#3884 3 years ago

While the wait for code is certainly dragging a lot of us down, I thought this might cheer us up or at least distract us momentarily.

Adam West in his last role (accompanied by Burt Ward & Julie Newmar) comes to DVD & Blu Ray October 17th with one kickass cover!!

IMG_4422 (resized).JPG

#3885 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I added a small piece of foam onto bracket that's between / behind both targets. Helps to keep the inner edge of the target from getting caught in the bracket edge.

The foam is the better long-term solution. Re-adjusting the targets is temporary, they will shift again.

#3886 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

The foam is the better long-term solution. Re-adjusting the targets is temporary, they will shift again.

Do you have a picture of what you did? I'm not sure I'm up to the task of removing that whole turntable and causing more problems.

#3887 3 years ago

Do you have a picture of what you did? I'm not sure I'm up to the task of removing that whole turntable and causing more problems.

I don't have any pics, sorry, but you can add the dense foam from the topside, no problem.

#3888 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

8k approx sitting dormant for 8 months

It's comments like this I don't get. The game is still fun with the .75 code. Have you really not played the game all year?

#3889 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It's comments like this I don't get. The game is still fun with the .75 code. Have you really not played the game all year?

Its fun, but its half a game! Literally half of what's there does nothing.
Minimally. I'll play a couple days after a code drop, but then it sits off typically until the next code drop. Or friends come over to play it a bit. Personally I don't want to bang against the same incomplete code over and over and burn out on it.

#3890 3 years ago

My first NIB was an X-Men LE, that had even less code at the start. Honestly, it was still fun (for me). Now that the code is mature, it is crazy fun. I fully expect the same for Batman66.

#3891 3 years ago

This next code drop is going to be epic...almost 3 months since the last one.

IMO, this might be "finished" code when released. I'm sure we'll get another update to fix the bugs.

#3892 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This next code drop is going to be epic...almost 3 months since the last one.
IMO, this might be "finished" code when released. I'm sure we'll get another update to fix the bugs.

I'm a little worried that this might be the case, given likely pressing needs of future games and Spike evolution. I'm okay with a big, epic update with pretty much everything programmed at least basically, but then I would also like some time for us to play it and see how well everything gels together. We could then give feedback or make posts over the coming weeks/months about what we like most and least, and hopefully, Lyman could come back next year and pull the TWD rabbit out of his hat. If it's pretty much finished at the next update besides bugs, then I'm worried that it might not reach the superior TWD level of play that I know it could.

#3893 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Dammit with all the new posts today I just logged in and thought sweet new code
When is the next big show stateside?

Oh yeah, this too. I saw a bunch of posts and immediately opened up Stern's code site before I starting to reading posts. Dang it!!!

#3894 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For a self-proclaimed programming expert you continue to show a complete lack of understanding of the process.

You're right in that the constant negativity from a few ranges anywhere from unhelpful to trolling. But I have to admit that it's feeling past due for a code drop. I'm not an epic player, but as the game sits I can more or less see everything without much difficulty. As a result, I don't play the game as much as I'd like and the longer the wait the less enthusiastic I am about the whole "process". Maybe that's just me though.

#3895 3 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

But I have to admit that it's feeling past due for a code drop.

Rumor has it that there was a code drop planned for a few weeks ago that was scrapped because, although it was a significant update, Stern was still going to get crap for releasing what was clearly going to be another interim release. Rather than spend resources on testing, Stern decided to have Lyman continue on the code, scrapping the planned drop.

As I wrote some time back the whiners have put Stern in a no win situation. IMO scrapping interim releases until we are very close to a release version is the smart move. But this means we have to wait longer between updates.

I expect 3 more significant releases (two by the end of the year)

1) 1.0 release code
2) polish release adding A/V assets/callouts
3) bug fix for 1 & 2

And hopefully some extra stuff after that if Lyman isn't happy with those 3.

#3896 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Oh yeah, this too. I saw a bunch of posts and immediately opened up Stern's code site before I starting to reading posts. Dang it!!!

Just throw check4change on it and it will tell you when there's an update.

#3897 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Literally EVERY owner should be yelling Stern's ear off. I have no idea why there are still people defending the FACT that we're almost 3/4 of a YEAR since release and it's STILL nowhere close to even a 1.00 releasable version. Crazy. We're are 81 days since the last Gomez drop. Also Crazy, when "every two weeks until we getcha there" was originally stated pre-release.
Like I said a while ago when people were just calling me essentially a "Debbie downer" - I'm one of the only ones calling out the truth, just most people didn't seem ready to hear it. That's changing - FINALLY. To let this slide silently is to give Stern license to do this nonsense AGAIN, and that should NEVER happen.

And if the truth be known, your constant "calling of the truth" as you put it, is likely the biggest reason we don't have any incremental code drops. We all know Stern pays attention to what is posted...they may not comment, but don't kid yourself into thinking they don't follow these threads. You are unhappy they are working to get a major drop, and you were unhappy when they were giving us incremental drops that you decided were due to the janitor banging out code in the broom closet less than 1 hour each week. And the graph...oh my god, the graph is just comical...do you really need a graph to illustrate how many days between code drops? We all know this has taken longer than any of us spoiled kids would like, but this is just freaking pinball...we will get to a happy place, I am sure of it. I am as frustrated as anyone to walk by my game and know there are good things on the way....but I go on with life and find something else to occupy my time. I don't sit around and whine and make it sound like Stern did us some terrible wrong, when in fact, we did it to ourselves. It could be worse, we could all have money tied up in a Big Lebowski, or have a Magic Girl sitting in our houses. Let's be grateful for what we have..............

#3898 3 years ago

I am surprised at some of these comments!!why does your pin just sit there till friends play it??I hit my pin for at least a hour a day working on my shots,control,and completing modes that ARE there!! Come on fellas,it's gonna take a while for all the sub-villain stuff to be integrated to this game! They wouldn't have put all that there and not use it!I'm positive Stern will yet release another pin this year,and thats gonna drain coding resources! Yes were all anxious for new code,see the last 4 pages of this thread! And another thing,Vireland is just trying to be practical!All your negativity toward another Pinsider is what is plaguing this site! Can;t we all just be friends??Please???

#3899 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

And another thing,Vireland is just trying to be practical!All your negativity toward another Pinsider is what is plaguing this site!

I agreed with you until I got here.

Except for his Batman code obsession, vireland is a valued contributor. But his constant negativity on the code state is nothing more than to try and get people to "agree with him because he was right all along".

His Stern bashing started after he recommended to an operator friend to get Batman early on after missing the announcement at Expo that almost every other early purchaser of Batman understood - that because Batman was released very early to make the anniversary year, the game was going to be barely flippable at release. Instead of being on route earning money, the game is apparently at vireland's house waiting for code. I'm sure that doesn't make his operator friend (who presumably paid for the game) happy.

Vireland isn't being practical at all. If he were, he would have denounced Gomez's initial comments about "code every two weeks" as being rediciously impractical (as most who actually understand code development will tell you) rather than bitch constantly that the two week intervals were missed.

#3900 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Can;t we all just be friends??Please???

We are all good....this is just pinball and no ill will here. Doesn't mean we will agree on many things, and being vocal about that doesn't mean we are enemies....just means we are human.

Just like your comment about being practical.....I would say that I am the one being practical by not losing sleep over this. Constantly making an issue out of this is just a waste of time and isn't going to make the code come quicker, which is the definition of impractical in my eyes. lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,600 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
New Berlin, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 16320 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 327.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside