New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,320 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,518 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg
22440D00-724D-4C9E-A7C5-8377BDDC01A1 (resized).jpeg
FD76ADB2-0F2A-4497-B50D-ED1EC69CA3FE (resized).jpeg
IMG_6670 (resized).jpeg
7619B73C-7E85-4F79-A342-6BD6E53F89AA (resized).jpeg
AD952DD2-A701-4C6E-93BC-A1C6354F7E8D (resized).jpeg
7A8608AC-E9D0-400F-B5F4-A27325500008 (resized).png
20201113_120835 (resized).jpg
20201113_120754 (resized).jpg
4CF40AA9-1573-4C07-9086-5554D23EF47C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16320 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 327.
#2651 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Safe to assume he left it on "don't lock out" by default to force more care and planning in your shots. Nerdy as it sounds I like to imagine that if I accidentally start a major villain a second time after already completing/capturing that it's like they escaped from prison so I have to capture them again before any further progress.

That would be a great idea if it wasn't designed so Penguin essentially randomly activates by dropping in from the pop bumpers almost completely out of player control. THAT sucks. So yeah, Villain lock on.

#2652 3 years ago

FYI regarding the issue where the balls were staying on the magnet after answering the bat phone, I finally took them out and tested them all and every single ball that came with the game was magnetized slightly. This happened since the first few games so probably shipped that way.

Replaced the balls, all is good now.

#2653 3 years ago

Speaking of the magnet, does anyone know what causes the magnet to pulse? Mine does it almost every single time. It always releases the ball but I don't think I've seen it on any other BM66s. Looked for an adjustment in the menu but didn't find one.

#2654 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hey KG are you going to leave your PRE stock or trick it out similar to your LE with custom powdercoat etc?

I wish, but no. Trying to save as much as I can from now on... it'll be tough

#2655 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

That would be a great idea if it wasn't designed so Penguin essentially randomly activates by dropping in from the pop bumpers almost completely out of player control. THAT sucks. So yeah, Villain lock on.

Fair- there is a lot of penguin possible from successful riddler shots. Guess you should do in order: joker and cat and riddler and just let penguin happen.

#2656 3 years ago

Was thinking earlier I would love to see some audio rewards as such for combos, so combos using the ramps would get you a "purrrrrrfect", combos using the Joker, Riddler, Penquin would get you there signature catchphrase/laughter just as a way of knowing what you are hitting when you are not looking but also think it would add a lot to the immersion of the theme.

#2657 3 years ago

I was just checking out the new SW pin pictures and playfield over in that hot thread. The pictures aren't high quality, but from what I can see, BM66 is more beautiful and more interesting looking. We'll see about game play, but right now I'm glad I chose BM66 instead of waiting for SW. Also, it has a mini LCD on the playfield, I wonder if we're going to see a big trend in that going forward?

#2658 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

from what I can see, BM66 is more beautiful and more interesting looking.

I agree.

You have 2 nostalgia themes, but they never made games like BM66 IN the 60s, so it is a really unique piece.

Star Wars 40 year old Original Trilogy license just feels dated to me. And it's been done before, multiple times. I suspect a Force Awakens license might have felt a little more contemporary.

I'm still reserving judgement about the new Star Wars till we see more, but I'm surprised how little its doing for me.

#2659 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I was just checking out the new SW pin pictures and playfield over in that hot thread. The pictures aren't high quality, but from what I can see, BM66 is more beautiful and more interesting looking. We'll see about game play, but right now I'm glad I chose BM66 instead of waiting for SW. Also, it has a mini LCD on the playfield, I wonder if we're going to see a big trend in that going forward?

I agree Taz I was really looking forward to seeing SW, in fact I had said no more Sterns NIB after BM66 until code is addressed properly and QC issues are delt with, SW could have broken me but after the reveal I feel pretty damn confident I wont be in a rush to buy and SW has been another dream theme I wanted to see done justice.

#2660 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I agree.
You have 2 nostalgia themes, but they never made games like BM66 IN the 60s, so it is a really unique piece.
Star Wars 40 year old Original Trilogy license just feels dated to me. And it's been done before, multiple times. I suspect a Force Awakens license might have felt a little more contemporary.
I'm still reserving judgement about the new Star Wars till we see more, but I'm surprised how little its doing for me.

First look/impressions of SW compared to BM66, both are open playfields with long shots but BM66 certainly seems to have more retail so to speak, both games have nice wireform ramps, but BM66 has the crane (one of Sterns best playfield toys ever) and the turntable which once the Villain Vision is coded in could be friggin awesome in its own right!

#2661 3 years ago

The other thing BM66 has over SW is Lyman!!!

When he's done, they need to reduce the price of the Premium to be more of a Promium and it will be a classic.

#2662 3 years ago

Taz;looking at all the new pins that came out so far at PAGG,They ALL had the little led monitor somewhere on the pf! So your answer is YES!!Things go around and around! I haven't heard anybody yet talk about the fact that both GB and B66 both returned to a 2 flipper pin? How did they do the new SW pin?What new fantastic system now drives the new SW pin? On and on! Have fun!!

#2663 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I turned off Villain repeats so it won't accidentally activate completed Riddler or Penguin when you're trying to get Joker or Catwoman going.

I have tried this out to but I think on 0.71 once you've gone passed villain escape it won't reset and allow you to fight them again. Maybe fixed on 0.75?

#2664 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I have tried this out to but I think on 0.71 once you've gone passed villain escape it won't reset and allow you to fight them again. Maybe fixed on 0.75?

If you get them all rounded up in Villain escape, there's some flashing white lights (Gordon target, atomic pile, and I don't remember where else), but I haven't figured out what you're supposed to do at that point to advance (nothing? not finished?). However, when that ball is over, the villains DO reset in 0.75 with the Villain completion lock on in the settings.

#2665 3 years ago

I can't wait til the SW venom subsides. Game looks awesome to me. I have zero interest in the theme but I know Ritchie and Dwight make good games... a AC/DC layout base without annoying cannon, inlane visibility problems, and Steves voice- sign me up. On top of that a cool hyper ramp and Death Star gimmick? Yes sign me up for fun pinball.

Why typing here-
This pinside stuff is so tiring. I can already feel the tide turning from doubters of BM66 and we aren't even close to the finish line.

#2666 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

This pinside stuff is so tiring. I can already feel the tide turning from doubters of BM66 and we aren't even close to the finish line.

It has become the same with every new release now, I must admit I am a little disappointed in the SW reveal, but I am waiting for the official images, video and feature matrix before I pass my judgement.

But there are the usual pinsiders going a little extreme saying its the worst thing they have ever seen...... yet they will be the first to pre order one or 6/12 months down the line say its a great game - SM, TWD, MET, all had the same initial hated reaction but given time Lyman has turned them all into gems and I feel confident BM66 will end up turning out excellent as well.

#2667 3 years ago

My 1st Pinball machine "KISS L.E." February,14/17
My 2nd Pinball machine "Batman L.E."March,6/17
My 3rd Pinball machine...will be Star Wars with "The Empire Strikes Back" art.
My 4th....I have no idea and I have space for just 1 more.

Regards fellas.

#2668 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

My 1st Pinball machine "KISS L.E." February,14/17
My 2nd Pinball machine "Batman L.E."March,6/17
My 3rd Pinball machine...will be Star Wars with "The Empire Strikes Back" art.
My 4th....I have no idea and I have space for just 1 more.
Regards fellas.

You can always find room for one more. I only had room for 3.

#2669 3 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

You can always find room for one more. I only had room for 3.

Hahaha .....I wish that I can have 17 just like you lol! (Btw, I wrote you before that my name is Paulo too)

Regards

#2670 3 years ago

At first I had room for 1. Then we moved things around and turned the game sideways, so we could fit 2. Then we moved some more stuff and rented a storage locker and made room for 4. Then finally squeezed in 5.

Then I bought a new house. lol.

#2671 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

At first I had room for 1. Then we moved things around and turned the game sideways, so we could fit 2. Then we moved some more stuff and rented a storage locker and made room for 4. Then finally squeezed in 5.
Then I bought a new house. lol.

Haha...I think that will happen here too. You just convinced me fellas lol.

Regards

#2672 3 years ago

Looking forward to seeing what the next update is like what with the release of SW hope Stern leave Lyman to create another one of his modern masterpieces.

#2673 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahaha .....I wish that I can have 17 just like you lol! (Btw, I wrote you before that my name is Paulo too)
Regards

I bought a beach house so I could have 7 more. Wife wanted a beach house and I said as long as it has a big garage for pins. She said no pins at the beach so I said no beach house then. She suddenly decided to see it my way.

Paulo is a good name.

#2674 3 years ago

Anyone local to Pinbits enquired if/when they will have a BM66 plastic protector set available? Is there anyone else out there selling a protector set?

#2675 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone local to Pinbits enquired if/when they will have a BM66 plastic protector set available? Is there anyone else out there selling a protector set?

Little Shop of Games in Florida has a nice plastic protector set in a couple of different colors. I got one in blue and like it.

#2676 3 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Little Shop of Games in Florida has a nice plastic protector set in a couple of different colors. I got one in blue and like it.

Thank you, I'll go check it out.

#2677 3 years ago

Love the new callout...To the batpoles. Hopefully some more great callouts come in the next code drop.

20170607_211427 (resized).jpg
20170607_211428 (resized).jpg
20170607_211429 (resized).jpg

#2678 3 years ago

the batpoles calllout/video is the tops i tell ya, the tops.

I wanted a blue start button badly as the green looks awfully out of place aesthetically. I worked with Terry for weeks on this and like magic he came thru with a product:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4630

#2679 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I wanted a blue start button badly as the green looks awfully out of place aesthetically. I worked with Terry for weeks on this and like magic he came thru with a product:

Completely agree...I've witnessed 2 different versions of that sequence so far....the game in an absolute gem!!!

It's the only one any visitor seems to gravitate to immediately when they visit....

#2680 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Ordered! Thank you!! Btw there are some awesome show clips in the code that hopefully will see the light of day. A new version of PB is very close.

#2681 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Cool options are always a good thing, but I have a blue start button out of my old avatar do the old start buttons from SAM games not fit the new spike2 games?

#2682 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cool options are always a good thing, but I have a blue start button out of my old avatar do the old start buttons from SAM games not fit the new spike2 games?

Yeah It will fit and work however it will look ghetto imo because it won't fill the entire cabinet hole/opening in the decal. You don't want to know how many communications He/I went thru to figure out the part/supplier lol... order and make it worth it for him haha.

#2683 3 years ago

The new callouts are nice, but Bat Turn mode is one of the best additions to the game so far.

#2684 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Yeah It will fit and work however it will look ghetto imo because it won't fill the entire cabinet hole/opening in the decal. You don't want to know how many communications He/I went thru to figure out the part/supplier lol... order and make it worth it for him haha.

Cool I was more curious than anything what the difference was with these new buttons haven't paid much attention to the new ones.

I have an order I need to get in this month with pinball life so I'll add this to the list

#2685 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I wanted a blue start button badly as the green looks awfully out of place aesthetically.

Green button looks great when you put in the old school bat logo from the TV show opening credits.

20170401_215543 (resized).jpg

#2686 3 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I bought a beach house so I could have 7 more. Wife wanted a beach house and I said as long as it has a big garage for pins. She said no pins at the beach so I said no beach house then. She suddenly decided to see it my way.
Paulo is a good name.

I've got a beach house too. No issues from wife on my end!

However, everything down there will rust out, gotta be careful where you drop them.

#2687 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Green button looks great when you put in the old school bat logo from the TV show opening credits.

No doubt.

#2688 3 years ago

Doc, the plan is to use bluenwith your decal idea

#2689 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Doc, the plan is to use bluenwith your decal idea

If anyone wants to print the TV credits logo for a blue or green button you can use these images to print.

bat_start_blue.jpg

bat_start_green.jpg

#2690 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If anyone wants to print the TV credits logo for a blue or green button you can use these images to print.

Awesome doc! Could you knock up other colours? Like maybe a white version?

I have been thinking about using the Bat Signal for my start button?

#2691 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

The new callouts are nice, but Bat Turn mode is one of the best additions to the game so far.

True but bat turn is way too lucrative and villain escape is garbage for points. It's bad enough that I'm going to leave feedback on Stern site- it's that bad!

#2692 3 years ago

I know it's all Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars at the moment on Pinside but has anyone heard when the next BM66 code update is, after the Bat-Turn update I am more excited for the next update than I am for Star Wars. Quick to the Batpoles!

#2693 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome doc! Could you knock up other colours? Like maybe a white version?

Like this?

bat_start_mono.jpg

bat_start_yellow.jpg

#2694 3 years ago

IMG_2916 (resized).PNG

#2695 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know it's all Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars at the moment on Pinside but has anyone heard when the next BM66 code update is, after the Bat-Turn update I am more excited for the next update than I am for Star Wars. Quick to the Batpoles!

The next update will probably b 6/29/17. That's 35 days, which is right in the range for the last few updates of 31-34 days. There's an off-chance that we get it on 6/22/17, but that's an abnormally quick 28 day Gomez drop. There hasn't been a "two week" Gomez drop below 30 days apart since February.

#2696 3 years ago

A few questions for the group:

1. Is anyone having issues with their cabs splitting yet like AS has? I can't find the thread dedicated to the cab complaints.

2. Has anyone been able to get a Penguin Champion score? I've been over 100M on Penguin a few times now and it has yet to ask for initials. Wondering if this is a bug.

3. Does anyone know of a way to adjust the position of the wrecking ball in one of the spots? The second from the right position isn't where it should be.

#2697 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

The next update will probably b 6/29/17. That's 35 days, which is right in the range for the last few updates of 31-34 days. There's an off-chance that we get it on 6/22/17, but that's an abnormally quick 28 day Gomez drop. There hasn't been a "two week" Gomez drop below 30 days apart since February.

Spoken authoritatively by someone who knows absolutely nothing about the Stern code process.

#2698 3 years ago

I wanted to share with y'all some mods I put on my premium. I was inspired by what others have shown in this thread and their guidance.

The batcopter is mounted on some bendable craft wire I picked up at Home Depot. When the shaker motor kicks it's titled just so that the vibrations make the blades spin. I mounted the batmobile+batboat on a piece of cut plexiglass. The LED drain, purple flipper rubbers, and flat purple LEDs under the slings add so much to the theme.

Thanks again pinsiders!

BM_BatBoat (resized).JPG

BM_BatCopter (resized).JPG

BM_Drain (resized).JPG

#2699 3 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

I wanted to share with y'all some mods I put on my premium. I was inspired by what others have shown in this thread and their guidance.
The batcopter is mounted on some bendable craft wire I picked up at Home Depot. When the shaker motor kicks it's titled just so that the vibrations make the blades spin. I mounted the batmobile+batboat on a piece of cut plexiglass. The LED drain, purple flipper rubbers, and flat purple LEDs under the slings add so much to the theme.
Thanks again pinsiders!

Looks like you have installed the kit from stern to cover more of your left wireform and keep balls from flying off. Do you have the deflector that goes on the plastic at the bottom of the "GADGET" bank to keep the ball from getting stuck. They don't advertise, you have to ask for it.

#2700 3 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Thanks again pinsiders!

Cool mods, dude! Where did you get the blades from?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
6,600 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
New Berlin, WI
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 50.00
There are 16320 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 327.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside