PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 373.
#401 7 years ago

Here's a picture of that right ramp cat mount plastic and the side that looks like it was mounted to the playfield tightly inside the bend of the ramp, but it really wasn't. There's a double female rod attached to the plastic, but it's not attached to the hole you see there inside the bend of the ramp. That's probably where the second loose screw and washer that I found on the playfield should go. I hope so anyway. I'm guessing lunch break might have happened while they were assembling that right ramp on my game.

#402 7 years ago

BM66SLE Review, gamplay, impressions and issues:

Best elements:

Theme, theme and more BM66 theme … I think Stern NAILED it (images, music, gadgets, BM66 iconography everywhere)

Foil artwork on the SLE is simply OVER the top - wow. Batman driving on one side of cab and Robin as passenger featured on other - small but very cool touch. Nice job Stern and team!

LCD display. Work to do on the asset side but the delivery and implementation of what IS there now is aweswome. Only going to get better. Colors really pop. Size is just perfect and I do find myself checking it as needed and getting the info I need quickly. Something as simple as "Ball Save" feels so much more "alive" when it's animated. Looking forward to an even better implementation on an already good one.

Not like BDK at all except for my favorite part of BDK - the crane!

Signed PF by both Gomez and Lyman (if your into that personalized stuff as I am)

LOVE the Batmobile sounds when you hit the large turntable - the roar of the jet/nuclear engine!

Easy to see what you are supposed to do - hit the arrows or lit inserts - will get more complex I know

The crane! Love it and loved it on BDK as well. Sounds when hit is perfect, and the risk when chasing it is a little high (drives some STDM bounce backs!)

Lock mech is very cool. Right orbit is always tough for most players (including me) - think TOM, GOT, etc. So placing it there is good and the mech is genius and interesting in that the lock can be qualified but will NOT always be present for you to send a ball in as the turntable rotates to a "non-lockable" position … sorry Batman, you'll just have to wait or hammer than turntable and get the lock exposed again.

I also really like the early implementation of the large Turntable mech. It is fun to shoot at and some of the targets (Bat computers) are challenging to hit. I'm bettting this will improve and get even more fun. I'm hoping it stays trouble free as well!

Love the tight right ramp. It's not steep so a less than perfect shot will still make it

Magnet is huge addition to gameplay. Unpredictable but not unfair (drains). I do not own any other Stern titles where the magnet provides such variation to the gameplay but I really enjoy the unpredictability. Cant really count GBLE as those are impacting the sling area but it is similar in it's effect except that the BM66 magnet seems more violent and fast as well.

Outlanes set from factory at wide open are perfect. Drains left or right have been caused by slings more than anything.

The sound/audio is outstanding. Great fidelity and decent bass for no external subwoofer. Highs are crisp and not muted. Voices are easy to understand. The EXCEPTION to this is the original source material like the call out for Multiball - "Get 'em or shoot 'em Pengy … " or something like that is a call out from the TV series and is hard to understand. Maybe a little more processing to clean it up would help

The black armor is perfect. Speckling and the gloss black base fits the theme to a "T"

Easy to post pass and roll passes from flipper to flipper work as well.

Improvements:
As above code and call-outs, but confidence that they will come over time

Answering the phone on turntable will always leave one more ring AFTER you gave completed the shot, sometimes causing you to take another

Exposed pinstriping on lockdown and armor - this needs to be addressed and I've got a fix for mine for the side armor but am going to experiment for the LD bar where all the real risk is. Your hands are on the LD bar 100% of the time and covering a good portion of the pinstriping. Might try mylar later.

The Action button decal on the lockdown bar is a cheap looking decal that could have been a centerpiece jewel of an opportunity to deliver a better more high end experience. I'm SURE the modding community will jump on this to improve. Laser cut stainless, or "black-out stainless" in the form of the batsignal to surround the action button would be awesome!

Related to coding but worth mentioning is the ball clearing logic. When you've got 2 locked balls and the machine goes into ball search and it gets as far as rotating the turntable … you will have only 1 ball to play and you will lose all of your locked MBs. They will be released as the TT rotates but the game is not yet coded to know that this has happened so .. When you drain the first one - they are all gone.

Related to balls getting stuck. I'm having a persistent problem with the smaller turntable. When shooting into the Batcave below the Batmobile the ball will sometime get just past the back edge of that smaller turntable and rest against the edge and just sit there. Appears that the smaller turntable is about 1/2 mm too high. Lifter the PF earlier today and I can see that deep inside that big mech is a post and an allen set screw. I'm not at all sure that this is the way to adjust height so leaving for now. Ball search will eventually clear it after 2 of the quarter rotations of the larger turntable

Timing/Customer Service: Game was supposed to be delivered by Christmas. Why mention that if it could not be done? I got it after I had to get back to work. No extra time to get familiar with the game. No time for friends to come over to enjoy it. I was looking forward to a few days, with few interruptions to enjoy my game over Christmas - no luck.

Finally - no topper. I paid for one (OK perhaps even overpaid), I saw pictures of one but I did not get one with my game. Instead, I received an email from Stern explaining that it would be shipped in January. I'm fairly certain that Stern would not ship me a BM66SLE without me FIRST paying for it. Why is it OK for them to then ship me less than a whole game for that payment. Seems like I should have sent them say $1,000 less than full payment until they were ready to ship? Sound petty? Maybe, but there are leagues of companies out there with reputations for doing it differently and better. Stern could improve SIGNIFICANTLY here. If I was Gary … I would have personally called ALL 80 SLE owners and explained both the Christmas deadline miss and topper issue. Could have said thanks at the same time. It's not WHAT went wrong in business but how you respond that counts.

I still like Stern. I'll remain a Stern customer. I believe the leadership to be good and honorable people. I think they have wonderful programmers and designers - best in the industry … I just think they need to develop a higher level of Customer Service.

Observations:
Ball times are long as the outlanes are very forgiving due to game geometry.

The flipper gap is 54mm ... compared to TOM @53, FS @53, BOP @49, LOTR, GOT & ST @ 50mm each. My feeling is that the physical width has less to do with center drains than the geometry/design of the game. LOTR has crazy long ball times but the flipper gap is no different than many modern Sterns. Same with BM66. Widest gap of all I measured but I have zero complaints about a high amount of center drains.

Stern is using a Dayton branded driver for the large cabinet "subwoofer" - great quality vs. price combo - good job. Probably should have followed suit with the uppers (vs. Jensen) but the Jensen sounds fine as stated above. (see pic)

Left orbit is very tight at left edge of ramp BUT it's surprising how easy this shot is to make even as tight as it is (barely wider than a ball)

The left ramp appears to be attached to the PF is a new way (new to me) it does not appear as rigidly attached as the right ramp OR any other ramp I have on any other game. Anyone else see this?

Notes to owners/Setup problems:
Check your tilt bob mech. The factory installed mine quite off center and even though the bob was adjusted way down, the tilt was both sensitive and oddly responsive. The ring was way off center (easy fix)

There are no head bumpers/pads for when you tilt the pF up (Stern forgot them?) see pic

You might want to use the center action button to plunge on the "left flipper up" skillshot attempt. It delivers the ball with more force and speed.

My batsignal in the upper right was pointing downward all the time. I tilted it up to the correct position and added a dab of E600 to both hinge areas - now it's perfect

The action button on my LD bar would not do anything when I turned on the machine for the first time. I adjusted the switch and works perfect now (same issue with my ST Premium and points to some QC opportunities for Stern)

The SLE plaque on mine (and on at least one other Pinsiders) had a ton of sticky "goo" on it left after removing the protective covering. Had to use Goo Gone to remove and it was a 20 minute plus effort! (see my post)

I've had one time where the ball was pushed too far back into the "Riddler" saucer hole. Shook the game, ball moved and I was back in business. I share this because others had this issue more frequently and persistently. Looks like an engineering isse that could be fixed with a mod or drop dead foam.

Playfield protectors work and work VERY well. I custom cut my own (see Pinside thread) and I have zero dimples after a hundred games. Mine is cut from PETG that I bought from Amazon. Glad I got it and glad I took 3 hours to create/cut a template for it. Soon I would imagine these will be available from the folks in Germany (Playfield Protectors)

I also created some rail protectors using the same PETG material (see pic)

The 3 translights that come with the SLE appear to have different finishes on each - one has texture and "shiny" areas and the other 2 are simply flat printing. Interesting and not sure why but there you go

20170104_214519 (resized).jpg20170104_214519 (resized).jpg20170108_110859 (resized).jpg20170108_110859 (resized).jpg20170108_110513 (resized).jpg20170108_110513 (resized).jpg20170107_143320 (resized).jpg20170107_143320 (resized).jpg20170106_231406 (resized).jpg20170106_231406 (resized).jpg
20170105_212824 (resized).jpg20170105_212824 (resized).jpg

#403 7 years ago

Love the fact that Stern nailed the THEME. That's why I bought it, along with the LCD and the Lyman touch.

Thx for review MT. So much more to come

#404 7 years ago

Hate to hog the thread but need to add a few things to help others.

Went to play a few games this afternoon and found a screw sitting on my magnet and two washers as well laying around the playfield.
Spent 45 minutes examining every tiny bit of the game. The screw is a self tapper. Checked all the ramps first. Checked switch mounting plates, everywhere and could not find the place where they were missing. I had just tipped up the PF earlier in the day and had I found ONLY one of the 3 pieces I might have shrugged it off to a leave behind from the factory but 3 pieces had me worried.

This led me to start looking where you might not be able to see the screw. I mucked around on the turntable and noticed my batmobile could move fore and aft a tiny bit - did not make sense that it needed to do this so ...

I unscrewed the 2 bolts that hold it (careful as there are 2 large washers under the pink plastic piece), turned it over and POW .. one of the screws and it's 2 offset washers had fallen out. The other was just about to do the same.

These are self tappers with a very rough thread so I did not think threadlocker (Loctite) would help. So I added 3 or 4 drops of E6000 flexible adhesive into the tapped holes in the Hotwheel Batmobile. Put the 2 washers under the car first, add back the pink lexan plastic piece and then screw in your self-tappers. Re-install - good to go.

Also - note that if your Atomic Stack sign was installed poorly from the factory like mine was, I just pulled it using a razor knife and re-installed. It came off and went back on fine. Just FYI

20170108_155553 (resized).jpg20170108_155553 (resized).jpg20170108_155624 (resized).jpg20170108_155624 (resized).jpg20170108_155032 (resized).jpg20170108_155032 (resized).jpg20170108_155242 (resized).jpg20170108_155242 (resized).jpg20170108_155356 (resized).jpg20170108_155356 (resized).jpg20170108_155945 (resized).jpg20170108_155945 (resized).jpg20170108_155009 (resized).jpg20170108_155009 (resized).jpg20170108_160020 (resized).jpg20170108_160020 (resized).jpg

20170108_155320 (resized).jpg20170108_155320 (resized).jpg

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Hate to hog the thread but need to add a few things to help others.
Went to play a few games this afternoon and found a screw sitting on my magnet and two washers as well laying around the playfield.
Spent 45 minutes examining every tiny bit of the game. The screw is a self tapper. Checked all the ramps first. Checked switch mounting plates, everywhere and could not find the place where they were missing. I had just tipped up the PF earlier in the day and had I found ONLY one of the 3 pieces I might have shrugged it off to a leave behind from the factory but 3 pieces had me worried.
This led me to start looking where you might not be able to see the screw. I mucked around on the turntable and noticed my batmobile could move fore and aft a tiny bit - did not make sense that it needed to do this so ...
I unscrewed the 2 bolts that hold it (careful as there are 2 large washers under the pink plastic piece), turned it over and POW .. one of the screws and it's 2 offset washers had fallen out. The other was just about to do the same.
These are self tappers with a very rough thread so I did not think threadlocker (Loctite) would help. So I added 3 or 4 drops of E6000 flexible adhesive into the tapped holes in the Hotwheel Batmobile. Put the 2 washers under the car first, add back the pink lexan plastic piece and then screw in your self-tappers. Re-install - good to go.
Also - note that if your Atomic Stack sign was installed poorly from the factory like mine was, I just pulled it using a razor knife and re-installed. It came off and went back on fine. Just FYI

Thanks for documenting these issues. If I ever get my game I'll have a head start up on what to inspect after I unbox it.

#406 7 years ago

Any news if the upgraded speaker panel (SLE) will be available to buy from Stern ?
Or has someone come up with the Mod yet ?

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks for documenting these issues. If I ever get my game I'll have a head start up on what to inspect after I unbox it.

Happy to do it and still enjoying every game I play!

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Any news if the upgraded speaker panel (SLE) will be available to buy from Stern ?

Someone at the factory tour asked that and they said it was exclusive to SLE.

I also think the LE/Premium speaker panel looks a bit bland compared to the rest of the game.

I think a cool mod would be to make the speaker panel look like 60's era batcomputer tech with blinky lights and various knobs and dials. Kinda like what they show in the match sequence. Put a "Closed Circuit TV" label under the LCD similar to the one in comission gordons office?

#409 7 years ago

holy loose screws batman

#410 7 years ago

Does anyone know if the Cliffy batman darknight protector for the scoop under the crain also works with batman 66?

Also is the shooter lane the same or different?

#411 7 years ago

Thanks for the update MT. I'll check and see if that's where my extra screw and washer go. Maybe a lunch break occurred while they were working on my right ramp, timed with others working on your spinning Bat Mobile.

#412 7 years ago

Okay, I've put most of the puzzle together, though my investigation is still incomplete. In previous posts, #400 and #401 I explained that I'd found a handful of hardware rolling around my playfield, including two screws, two washers, and one nut. Thanks to MT45's excellent post, I've found the two sources of most of that hardware, minus the nut. Half was from the cat mount above the right ramp. There was also a second missing screw I needed there that I've not found yet, but I had extras on hand to fix. I guess I'll find it later or maybe they just never installed it. The self tapping screw went to the spinning Bat Mobile as MT45 explained, but in my case it was stripped. So I followed his glue instructions and picked up a slightly larger screw to fix that. The screw that dropped out of the spinning Bat Mobile was the one I found wedged between my playfield and the large rotating mechanism. So, keep an eye there, because that could cause some damage if it's not found quickly. Now, I'm left wondering where the missing screw is that went under the right ramp to hold down a piece that went to the cat mount and trying to figure out where to put the nut. Various pictures of the ordeal are attached below.

Fixed Batmobile (resized).JPGFixed Batmobile (resized).JPG

Almost Same-Same as Walmart Toy (resized).JPGAlmost Same-Same as Walmart Toy (resized).JPG

Fixed Right Ramp Cat Mount (resized).JPGFixed Right Ramp Cat Mount (resized).JPG

Missing Batmobile Screw (resized).JPGMissing Batmobile Screw (resized).JPG

X Better Now (resized).JPGX Better Now (resized).JPG

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Happy to do it and still enjoying every game I play!

Yeah don't you love it when the game leaves you little "presents" like that on the PF? Actually (for me) brings out one of the more fun things of pinball ownership. The detective work!. Then that sense of satisfaction when you figure it out and make the corrections.

That wasn't a flaw - it was a feature

Game looks nice - in fact it looks like you painted the wall that color just to make the machines integrate just right in the surroundings.

That would be a lot harder to do with the other versions of BM66 as they seem to be just a riot of unrelated and super saturated colors.
Definitely the best cab artwork of the bunch...imho of course.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Okay, I've put most of the puzzle together, though my investigation is still incomplete. In previous posts, #400 and #401 I explained that I'd found a handful of hardware rolling around my playfield, including two screws, two washers, and one nut. Thanks to MT45's excellent post, I've found the two sources of most of that hardware, minus the nut. Half was from the cat mount above the right ramp. There was also a second missing screw I needed there that I've not found yet, but I had extras on hand to fix. I guess I'll find it later or maybe they just never installed it. The self tapping screw went to the spinning Bat Mobile as MT45 explained, but in my case it was stripped. So I followed his glue instructions and picked up a slightly larger screw to fix that. The screw that dropped out of the spinning Bat Mobile was the one I found wedged between my playfield and the large rotating mechanism. So, keep an eye there, because that could cause some damage if it's not found quickly. Now, I'm left wondering where the missing screw is that went under the right ramp to hold down a piece that went to the cat mount and trying to figure out where to put the nut. Various pictures of the ordeal are attached below.

lol That last pic made me think I was in The Big Lebowski Thread for a moment...

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

lol That last pic made me think I was in The Big Lebowski Thread for a moment...

Yeah, thanks! I had to knock back some whiskey while the glue dried. I think everyone is going to have trouble losing screws out of the bottom of that little Bat Mobile, either sooner or later. I had one fall out and the other wasn't far behind. I suggest all BM66 owners go ahead and take it apart and glue their screws in before they fall out. An ounce of prevention kind of thing.....to be completed with an ounce of one's favorite toddy.

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Yeah, thanks! I had to knock back some whiskey while the glue dried. I think everyone is going to have trouble losing screws out of the bottom of that little Bat Mobile, either sooner or later. I had one fall out and the other wasn't far behind. I suggest all BM66 owners go ahead and take it apart and glue their screws in before they fall out. An ounce of prevention kind of thing.....to be completed with an ounce of one's favorite toddy.

Well in the rushed setting of producing this machine you guys truly ARE the beta testers. Good job!

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Game looks nice - in fact it looks like you painted the wall that color just to make the machines integrate just right in the surroundings

Thanks. Agree that this art is classy!

Quoted from taz:

So, keep an eye there, because that could cause some damage if it's not found quickly.

Great advice, and nice work fixing it. I see that you keep a stash of E6000 on hand as I do. Love the use of whiskey as a pinball repair tool ☺☺

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Whisky.....a very effective fix all. I use it quite regularly when dealing with such issues....

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whisky.....a very effective fix all. I use it quite regularly when dealing with such issues....

Yeah whiskey is up there with duct tape and E6000. I also have some clear silicone I'm using to mount a truckload of Hotwheels toys. I'll send pictures of those in a few days.

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Yeah whiskey is up there with duct tape and E6000. I also have some clear silicone I'm using to mount a truckload of Hotwheels toys. I'll send pictures of those in a few days.

My hot melt glue gun is my best friend for light toys, and loose spotlight bulbs.....E6000 rocks, then clear epoxy, then a hammer...generally in that order....

#421 7 years ago

Chris Franchi will be having a print sale starting next Friday and will have a print specific to the pinball game and some other BM66 art.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Metaluna-5-Media-169657579716029/posts/

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Quoted from docquest:

Someone at the factory tour asked that and they said it was exclusive to SLE.
I also think the LE/Premium speaker panel looks a bit bland compared to the rest of the game.
I think a cool mod would be to make the speaker panel look like 60's era batcomputer tech with blinky lights and various knobs and dials. Kinda like what they show in the match sequence. Put a "Closed Circuit TV" label under the LCD similar to the one in comission gordons office?

I have a solution for the speaker panel but I need my LE to size and test fit the 4 to 5 mods/improvements I have in mind for the game.

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have a solution for the speaker panel but I need my LE to size and test fit the 4 to 5 mods/improvements I have in mind for the game.

Keep us posted how you go .

#424 7 years ago

Hoping to become an official member of this club this week. I even shoveled a path to the basement in preparation.

20170109_072223 (resized).jpg20170109_072223 (resized).jpg

20170109_071309 (resized).jpg20170109_071309 (resized).jpg

#425 7 years ago

After looking closely at the scope pics for Dark Knight and Batman 66, it appears the scoop did not change. I'm also taking Gomez at his word that everything on that side remained untouched.

I ordered the cliffy protector.

I will report back on if it fits or not later this week after I get the cliffy and game.

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hoping to become an official member of this club this week. I even shoveled a path to the basement in preparation.

Hey - you paid for the game already. That's about as official as it gets. You're in!

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hey - you paid for the game already. That's about as official as it gets. You're in!

Back in the 60's you could join the batman fan club. Look at all the cool stuff you got for just $1.

Screen+shot+2011-03-30+at+6.07.09+AM (resized).pngScreen+shot+2011-03-30+at+6.07.09+AM (resized).png

#428 7 years ago

Not sure how many guys will like this mod or not, but I replaced the Batmobile and bat boat on my BM66SLE with the Corgi Batmobile I've had since I was 9 yrs old.

It's a little larger scale than the HotWheels one, it's nicked up from being played with, and I'll have to reposition the bat boat to the left ramp protector, but it has a lot of meaning to me.

IMG_1657 (resized).JPGIMG_1657 (resized).JPG

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Not sure how many guys will like this mod or not, but I replaced the Batmobile and bat boat on my BM66SLE with the Corgi Batmobile I've had since I was 9 yrs old.
It's a little larger scale than the HotWheels one, it's nicked up from being played with, and I'll have to reposition the bat boat to the left ramp protector, but it has a lot of meaning to me.

Thats awesome.

I wish I still had mine. I used to have the corgi batmobile and the corgi james bond aston martin. I used to have sorts of james bond and batman team up adventures with them.

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Cool. I used to have the same one, but my Mom through it out long ago.

Hopefully someone will make a mod so Premium / LE users can do something similar.

#431 7 years ago

OK - promised I was going to do something about that exposed pinstripe on the lockdown bar. Was considering a total mylar wrap, vs just a "piece" of mylar. Then considered "spot clear coating" BUT, that seemed like it might get messy with taping and getting a finish with no "edge". So ... In the end, I went with the easiest solution and just added some small pieces of mylar.

I placed a strip of mylar on each pinstripe. Wide enough to fully cover and leave some mylar extra to adhere to painted LD bar. Also left a small tab of mylar at top (I just cut it long) in order to wrap "under" the LD bar after install. Print out the attached template and make certain it prints at the measured scale on the templates. Measure the long leg of the pinstrip template - should be 158mm to 160mm. If it's "off" by more than 2mm on that measure, change the scaling on your printer dialogue options menu.

I also made a mylar cover for the Bat Gadget decal.

When I placed the pinstripe mylar, I started from the outside edge, got that nearly right hand angle lined up (there should be an even amount of mylar on every side of the pinstrip and it's about 4mm total), then made sure the LONG part of the mylar was aligned up and down for a nice even distribution above and below the pinstrip ... then I carefully "wiped" with my finger from the outside toward the middle of the LD bar.

Tip: Use a piece of the old mylar backing to "hold" the mylar as you install or you'll introduce finger oils to the mylar reducing it's stickiness and leaving a fingerprint.

BTW, I used real mylar, not the temporary stuff I sometimes use for other purposes (to tack down a playfield protector for instance). I think it would be important to get max adhesion ... if not you might get a situation where the temporary type stuff starts to release from the LD bar but it might bring some of your pinstripe with it. End of the day, not sure how big of a deal it would be as adding a new pinstripe would be fairly straightforward.

Hope this helps others and I'll report back on how well it's holding up after play.

20170109_203228_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170109_203228_Ink_LI (resized).jpg

20170109_203235_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170109_203235_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170109_203249_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170109_203249_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170109_203301_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170109_203301_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170109_205938_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170109_205938_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170109_205949 (resized).jpg20170109_205949 (resized).jpg20170109_210219_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170109_210219_Ink_LI (resized).jpgBM66 Pinstrip mylar (resized).jpgBM66 Pinstrip mylar (resized).jpg

#432 7 years ago

A few more close ups for those that need them.
20170109_214301 (resized).jpg20170109_214301 (resized).jpg20170109_214247 (resized).jpg20170109_214247 (resized).jpg20170109_214342 (resized).jpg20170109_214342 (resized).jpg20170109_214400 (resized).jpg20170109_214400 (resized).jpg

#433 7 years ago

MT just to confirm is the pin stripe detailing on the SLE a decal or genuine pin striping? I can pretty much tell looking at your close ups but wanted to know for certain and awesome work on the protection Stern should hire you as their QC guy to make their pins bullet proof

#434 7 years ago

looks good !

#435 7 years ago

Sorry MT45, I just couldn't live with the mylar lines I'm seeing in those pics!

Def need to send that lockdown bar out for a professional clear job over the striping.

Doc, are you waiting on Game Room too?

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

MT just to confirm is the pin stripe detailing on the SLE a decal or genuine pin striping? I can pretty much tell looking at your close ups but wanted to know for certain and awesome work on the protection Stern should hire you as their QC guy to make their pins bullet proof

If you mean is it an actual painted stripe vs a decal ... it's a decal. Easier to add to the game in the factory and easier for us to replace should we need to! Thanks for the kind words. Starting to really enjoy this pin. Can't wait for topper tomorrow and some more code ... man could this use more than 2 call-outs!

In Lyman, we trust

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry MT45, I just couldn't live with the mylar lines I'm seeing in those pics!
Def need to send that lockdown bar out for a professional clear job over the striping.

Yea, that's why I posted. I was sure some folks would be fine and others not. I'm pretty picky but honestly it bothers me not

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I'm pretty picky

Thanks I couldn't tell....

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yea, that's why I posted. I was sure some folks would be fine and others not. I'm pretty picky but honestly it bothers me not

I'm kidding MT! I just wish i had my LE to enjoy but hopefully it will arrive soon with updated code.

Sincere props and thanks for laying it out there for everybody.

Slobs like me still appreciate it.

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No I ordered my LE from Cointaker.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

A few more close ups for those that need them.

The time it takes to do that makes it cheaper to just send it out for a real professional clearing.

#442 7 years ago

2001 has arrived

IMG_3505 (resized).JPGIMG_3505 (resized).JPG

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The time it takes to do that makes it cheaper to just send it out for a real professional clearing.

I dunno... you measure a little - cut 'em out - stick 'em down. Maybe an hour of fiddly work and that's if you take your time. And you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself. Something you don't get much of with NIB machines. Now he can get that off his radar.

Spraying clear over the decals could have issues also if the clear is "hot" enough to react to the sticker or the underlying adhesive. It could cause the color to run or have other undesirable results. Then you've ruined the thing.

As little play as it would get at my house I would just get a spare set from Stern and then years down the line swap them out... that's if it even needs it at that point.

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

2001 has arrived

hmmm. So there are at least a couple of "deadly robot" cards. I think I like the artwork on the cards better than any of the other art.

But that's probably just the nostalgia talking.

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

hmmm. So there are at least a couple of "deadly robot" cards.

Stern is using these cards to put on the game.

https://www.amazon.com/BATMAN-TRADING-CARDS-DELUXE-REISSUE/dp/B00403D08M

They are reprints from the orignal camera negatives of the 1966 cards. The illistrations on the cards were by Norman Saunders from pencil drawings by Bob Powell. Norman illustrated the famous Topps Mars Attacks trading cards from 1962 which inpspired the Tim Burton movie.

There were 3 series of the 1966 batman cards; the black bat (55 cards), blue bat (44 cards), and red bat (44 cards). The color refers to the color of the bat logo on the bottom of the card. Since there are only 143 cards total there will be repeats on games.

51hRi7yySaL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg51hRi7yySaL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#447 7 years ago

Batgaget #58 Bat mini-charge is in the house. Game (and Topper) delivered today. Code level .6

Batgirl on the sides (!)

IMG_0980 (resized).JPGIMG_0980 (resized).JPG
IMG_0981 (resized).JPGIMG_0981 (resized).JPG
IMG_1001 (resized).JPGIMG_1001 (resized).JPG
IMG_1037 (resized).JPGIMG_1037 (resized).JPG

IMG_0963 (resized).JPGIMG_0963 (resized).JPG
IMG_0965 (resized).JPGIMG_0965 (resized).JPG
IMG_0974 (resized).JPGIMG_0974 (resized).JPG

IMG_0997 (resized).JPGIMG_0997 (resized).JPG

#448 7 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that has posted helpful information!

#449 7 years ago

Ok, what are you guys choosing for the keychain? Logo or Emblem?

(Also in the Goodie bag - extra target stickers, pricing cards, Game Instruction card in Spanish)

IMG_1038 (resized).JPGIMG_1038 (resized).JPG

#450 7 years ago

What is a power up?

IMG_1039 (resized).JPGIMG_1039 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.