Topic Stats

• 15,645 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by tullster
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,354 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image1 (resized).png
sub1 (resized).JPG
sub (resized).JPG
speaker1 (resized).JPG
amp (resized).JPG
speaker (resized).JPG
IMG_20200309_185510 (resized).jpg
rps20200305_182500 (resized).jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).jpg
IMG_2293 (resized).jpg
IMG_2292 (resized).jpg
IMG_2291 (resized).jpg
C652394C-7AD1-4408-989C-755C14219B3F (resized).jpeg
20200301_202448 (resized).jpg
20200301_195532 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 15645 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 313.
#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Good for them, if true...and I own a premium. They have to start offering things on LE versions that cannot be easily (and definitely not more affordably) added in the secondary market.

Completely agree...."LE" should be more than just a plaque and goodie bag to justify the higher cost. The debate rages that game play should be identical from COSTCO to "Super duper every bell and whistle charged added and charged" machines. I've never quite understood that, but I'm sure there are quite a few here that will be happy to explain why something that costs more, shouldn't actually be worth more, on several levels.

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The debate rages that game play should be identical from COSTCO to "Super duper every bell and whistle charged added and charged" machines.

Makes no sense to me either. Seems like most on this board would be very tempted to unload the bank on LE versions that offered a significant boost in play and especially code. Does this diminish sales of the "baseline" or "pro" pin? I wouldn't think so..assuming those versions provide a good perception on value for what owners are paying for them. But if Stern wants to start charging 10K, 12.5K+ for these versions they have to go this route IMO but, hell, what do I know. Hope they can keep making it work so we can play more pinball.

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Makes no sense to me either. Seems like most on this board would be very tempted to unload the bank on LE versions that offered a significant boost in play and especially code. Does this diminish sales of the "baseline" or "pro" pin? I wouldn't think so..assuming those versions provide a good perception on value for what owners are paying for them. But if Stern wants to start charging 10K, 12.5K+ for these versions they have to go this route IMO but, hell, what do I know. Hope they can keep making it work so we can play more pinball.

Stop....that makes far too much sense.....

#1054 3 years ago

Question...installed my topper on my LE and updated the software again. Cycled power off and on and the topper but is not turning on. Am I missing something that the manual does not explain to get it to turn on?

Thanks in advance.

#1055 3 years ago

Any Batman 66 owners live near Cliffy?

In my opinion, I think we are going to need some protection for the spinning device.

I already installed the Dark Knight scoop protector...it fits perfectly.

#1056 3 years ago

I figured it out. Checked all of the cables and found that the one cable that was plugged on the left board into CN1 was off by one pin. Not sure if Stern purposely did this because the topper shipped seperately or what. Anyway...glad it's working!

IMG_0133 (resized).JPG

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I figured it out. Checked all of the cables and found that the one cable that was plugged on the left board into CN1 was off by one pin. Not sure if Stern purposely did this because the topper shipped seperately or what.

It wasn't Stern that plugged the cable in incorrectly...

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I figured it out. Checked all of the cables and found that the one cable that was plugged on the left board into CN1 was off by one pin. Not sure if Stern purposely did this because the topper shipped seperately or what. Anyway...glad it's working!

I had this same issue. Easy fix.

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

In my opinion, I think we are going to need some protection for the spinning device.

Good call on the scoop.

What do you mean about the spinning device- protect what specifically?

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Good call on the scoop.
What do you mean about the spinning device- protect what specifically?

There's a pretty big space between the playfield and the rotating device. I can see the wood taking a beating in that area.

For the amount everyone has spent, I'd imagine everyone wants max protection.

#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Do you know if the BDK shooter lane Cliffy will fit BM66?

#1062 3 years ago

I had asked him about making a protector there. He said he'd do it if anyone near him can provide him the game/playfield.

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Do you know if the BDK shooter lane Cliffy will fit BM66?

He is working on the shooter lane.

Edit: my original answer was in regards to the scoop. I misread your question.

#1064 3 years ago

Do u know if the siderail Cliffy is needed? I thought I read BM66 siderails were metal.

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Do u know if the siderail Cliffy is needed? I thought I read BM66 siderails were metal.

Not needed. Game comes with one.

#1066 3 years ago

Thanks Trekkie....big help!

#1067 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

He is working on the shooter lane.
Edit: my original answer was in regards to the scoop. I misread your question.

Thanks for clearing that up!

#1068 3 years ago

Holy Bat-theme pinball game cards!

IMG_1774 (resized).JPG

IMG_1776 (resized).JPG

IMG_1775 (resized).JPG

IMG_1778 (resized).JPG

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Holy Bat-theme pinball game cards!

Holy Schizophrenia, Batman!

#1070 3 years ago

Holy Batcat TV card!

IMG_1780 (resized).JPG

#1071 3 years ago

Here's a photo of an experiment I'm trying, dueling Batlights. I installed docquest's version in the back right corner hooked into the appropriate SLE plug. The one in the back left corner is hooked into the GI. Truth be told, there's not a lot of real estate for installing these. Anyone else thinking about going with more than one?

Dual Spotlights (resized).JPG

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Here's a photo of an experiment I'm trying, dueling Batlights. I installed docquest's version in the back right corner hooked into the appropriate SLE plug. The one in the back left corner is hooked into the GI. Truth be told, there's not a lot of real estate for installing these. Anyone else thinking about going with more than one?

I was wondering how it would look to use the batsignal plastic housing mounted to a post to house a spot light to help with lighting up the playfield. Might look a nicer than a standard spot light but it would also be bigger which would be a drawback.

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I think more than one is overkill, especially given the number of Batsignals already depicted on the playfield. I haven't installed my docquest light (awesome work!), but can't figure out a better spot for it than the back right. I did look at where yo have the left one, but it looked "lost" and did not draw my eye to it like the Stern location.

But I agree with the idea to get more light on the playfield - it's just too dark.

#1074 3 years ago

Just installed yellow plastic protectors.

20170122_214930 (resized).jpg
20170122_223628 (resized).jpg

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Just installed yellow plastic protectors.

It's a little hard to tell by the pictures - what is your impression about them looking directly at the game?

#1076 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was wondering how it would look to use the batsignal plastic housing mounted to a post to house a spot light to help with lighting up the playfield. Might look a nicer than a standard spot light but it would also be bigger which would be a drawback.

Holy mind reader batman

stay tuned...

#1077 3 years ago

The pictures don't do them justice. They really brighten up the playfield.

#1078 3 years ago

Is it normal for the toper to just strobe Batman while Robin stays lit in attract mode?

#1079 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Here's a photo of an experiment I'm trying, dueling Batlights.Anyone else thinking about going with more than one?

This is Pinside, the more stuff you can cram into your pinball machine the better.

I would recommend 42 of them.

rd

#1080 3 years ago

I saw this photo in another thread and it made me cringe. I am shaking my head on this one, this is not normal to have wear this quickly. If I saw HO! HO! HEE! HEE! right below major defective pf wear I would feel like Stern was taunting me, every time I looked at it.

Batman 66 PF issues.jpg

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

This is Pinside, the more stuff you can cram into your pinball machine the better.
I would recommend 42 of them.

rd

Good sir how dare you say such things in this thread this is not Twilight Zone

IMG_0628 (resized).JPG

#1082 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I saw this photo in another thread and it made me cringe. I am shaking my head on this one, this is not normal to have wear this quickly. If I saw HO! HO! HEE! HEE! right below major defective pf wear I would feel like Stern was taunting me, every time I looked at it.

Yeah, for some reason there is a group of people that want to equate this and some of the other horrible playfield issues with normal dimpling and expected wear. Not sure what they gain by denying that Stern has a quality issue with some portion of the playfields that they haven't figured out how to resolve yet.

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure what they gain by denying that Stern has a quality issue with some portion of the playfields that they haven't figured out how to resolve yet.

I am genuinely concerned and if people only have a limited number of plays on their machines and have not noticed anything , time will tell. Unless you plan on putting a velvet rope around your machine or wrap the crap out of it with plastic pf protectors, it does appear that the playfield debacle continues. I know I am on hold on anything new for the near future.

#1084 3 years ago

That picture shows exactly why Cliffy's are a must on every machine.

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That picture shows exactly why Cliffy's are a must on every machine.

It shows you a defective playfield.
Here is an attached pic of a TWD pf with same magnet with 70k plays posted by another pinsider. Notice-no Cliffy

TWD 70K plays.jpg

#1086 3 years ago

I don't own TWD yet, does the magnet throw the ball around like it does it Batman?

I own Iron Man VE. It has the old style magnets and Stern installed Mylar around the 2 magnets due to how it throws the ball around.

#1087 3 years ago

Looks like export Aerosmith games need a metal cage around the spike 2 board for EMI reasons. So will export Batman66 games need that as well? The hole for the usb looks a little sloppy, maybe a thats just a prototype?

#1088 3 years ago

Yeah, like "Negative Reinforcment" on GB was just on the prototypes?

No fricken way pal...what you see is what you gonna get.

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks like export Aerosmith games need a metal cage around the spike 2 board for EMI reasons. So will export Batman66 games need that as well?

Yes.

#1090 3 years ago

Does someone make the large mylar circles designed for the large magnets on the games now like TWD and BM 66?

#1091 3 years ago

Flipper fidelity has a specific spike 2 sound replacement good for premiums and LEs of Batman. I imagine the Jensen on the SLE is fine. Anyways Installed mine yesterday and as usual it makes a dramatic difference imo. I installed on the "high" bass side for this jazzy/big band music.

#1092 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Flipper fidelity has a specific spike 2 sound replacement good for premiums and LEs of Batman. I imagine the Jensen on the SLE is fine. Anyways Installed mine yesterday and as usual it makes a dramatic difference imo. I installed on the "high" bass side for this jazzy/big band music.

Sweet! Was waiting to hear whether it was a noticeable improvement. thanks!

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Does someone make the large mylar circles designed for the large magnets on the games now like TWD and BM 66?

I would recommend making your own with a square piece of mylar. Place the piece of mylar over the magnet and with a hobby knife cut out the center. The pre-made mylar magnet protectors don't really extend much past the magnet.

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I just use the pre-cut pop bumper mylar rings. They aren't a perfect fit as they cover the outer edge of the metal magnet protector but they seem to protect nicely and don't effect gameplay. Here's a pic of one installed on my TWDLE. It would be nice if someone made one specifically for these magnets. I know there is a Cliffy solution but I don't like how that covers up the artwork.

twdmagnet (resized).jpg

#1095 3 years ago

Anyone hooked up an external Polk subwoofer yet? How do you connect it?

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I just use the pre-cut pop bumper mylar rings. They aren't a perfect fit as they cover the outer edge of the metal magnet protector but they seem to protect nicely and don't effect gameplay. Here's a pic of one installed on my TWDLE. It would be nice if someone made one specifically for these magnets. I know there is a Cliffy solution but I don't like how that covers up the artwork.

Great Solution. It should come from Stern that way.

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone hooked up an external Polk subwoofer yet? How do you connect it?

I have, straight to the cabinet speaker. It adds a little kick. I've only played one game since, so I haven't really explored where it makes the most difference yet.

IMG_0085 (resized).JPG

#1098 3 years ago

How is the shaker implemented on bm66,I don't hear anything about it.

#1099 3 years ago

While I wait to replace some parts on my LE...can someone start a BM66 mods thread? Looking for some good stuff as I know Mezel Mods is working on a few things along with a few other mod makers. Like to go to one place to see up and coming or links to a store with items available or coming soon!

#1100 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would recommend making your own with a square piece of mylar. Place the piece of mylar over the magnet and with a hobby knife cut out the center. The pre-made mylar magnet protectors don't really extend much past the magnet.

Would you recommend cutting the square into a circle with a box cutter before or after applying to the playfield?

I keed, I keed But seriously I thought someone did sell these, I can't find them now but I could have sworn I saw someone that was selling them before specific to the large magnets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 15645 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 313.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside