New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,349 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by EightBallTexas
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,529 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EE1932D7-FE70-4EA9-B1EA-E3B86F0CC6EF (resized).jpeg
9b5141bfd3a747429a7ccb409bbc619a0741a164 (resized).jpg
20201202_174603 (resized).jpg
51FD26F2-40F7-46FA-8F2A-2F0C7F96E4C1 (resized).jpeg
20201127_111855 (resized).jpg
20201127_111534 (resized).jpg
20201127_111524 (resized).jpg
20201127_111510 (resized).jpg
20201120_151227 (resized).jpg
20201127_111801 (resized).jpg
20201127_111820 (resized).jpg
BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16349 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 327.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I thought Stern play tested these things!?

They do. In your home.

#1352 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Yes. BTDK has right loop shots to the left flipper.

Good news...so there is hope

#1353 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I thought Stern play tested these things!?

sorry, not enough time for that.

#1354 3 years ago

.68 is a nice improvement and shows how good the game could be in time,3.8 gb takes a bit of time compared to the last game I updated gble around 1 Gb but all went well and now I can see some hope

#1355 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

.68 is a nice improvement and shows how good the game could be in time,3.8 gb takes a bit of time compared to the last game I updated gble around 1 Gb but all went well and now I can see some hope

The new code package has all the video clips embedded in it I believe so the new LCD on this and new games will lead to much larger code pacakges

#1356 3 years ago

There's this line in the readme of .68:

- Incremental updates - speed up future code updates by only copying changed file(s)

so i suspect we won't get stuck downloading all 4gb anymore.

#1357 3 years ago

I really really really want this game but the lack of quality control is so disappointing.

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There's this line in the readme of .68:
- Incremental updates - speed up future code updates by only copying changed file(s)
so i suspect we won't get stuck downloading all 4gb anymore.

No, you will still have to download the entire file. It will just copy the files needed from the update. So the update process from usb will be quicker and that's all.

#1359 3 years ago

On offer! Should keep me busy until my LE arrives or we hit code version 1.0 whichever is sooner

IMG_0631 (resized).JPG

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I really really really want this game but the lack of quality control is so disappointing.

I would say watch how much weight you give to the few who have unfortunately had issues. Keep in mind many that don't have issues aren't as likely to post here just say they have no issues. It's like online reviews. You're most likely to talk about quality/etc only if you have an issue. For what it's worth my pf and magnet and turntable and screws and saucer and vuk etc were/are perfect.

Although I do have extremely minor scraping on my head decals.

#1361 3 years ago

RandomKG,you are basically correct!! However,given the small run size,and higher price,the QC should be better than this!! When I unboxed mine,the T.V.wasn't even screwed in,just lying against the rail!!So,no one even looked at it before they boxed it up! Had they played it,they would have seen all the problems! But,no! And the issues we are having should never come up,,,,!!IMHO!!

#1362 3 years ago

Look at Iceman!! Same s..t!!! This sucks! But,the pin is fun once you get it playing right!!

#1363 3 years ago

Same problem here; broken wire under turn table. Same loose batmobile.
The quality control feels like they shake the box at the end and if nothing goes out, it passes QC
I feel stupid thinking about buying Aerosmith.

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I would say watch how much weight you give to the few who have unfortunately had issues. Keep in mind many that don't have issues aren't as likely to post here just say they have no issues. It's like online reviews. You're most likely to talk about quality/etc only if you have an issue. For what it's worth my pf and magnet and turntable and screws and saucer and vuk etc were/are perfect.
Although I do have extremely minor scraping on my head decals.

Same here. (Knock on wood). No issues, other than a slight drop on my magnet assembly. Easily correctable.

However, I am going to install a pf protector (just shipped from Germany yesterday) to prevent any future pf issues. Not going to chance it on such a nice pin.

#1365 3 years ago

My initial update failed right at the end. I deleted the file both on my MAC and my USB drive, reloaded from Stern's site, and the second time was a charm. So far good changes to the code. Still working through it but a definite improvement.

#1366 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Same problem here; broken wire under turn table. Same loose batmobile.
The quality control feels like they shake the box at the end and if nothing goes out, it passes QC
I feel stupid thinking about buying Aerosmith.

Hilarious

#1367 3 years ago

That's the spirit
I'm in Iceman team on this one: not crying like a baby about my new 12,500$CDN rattle.

Some pinsiders are not sleeping about dimples/ghosting on their 100% playable game. Like not watching a 90inches TV because there's 3 dead pixels on one corner

Some guys need to change hobby

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here's how my riddler plastic turned out in scale relationship to the ornaments. The color is better than the picture is showng and the plastic is the neon green edge glow

Just finished watching the 66 movie and we really need a shark repellant scene or can't get rid of a bomb scene on the LCD but even better a plastic would be great!

It's a shame Stern didn't make a mold for the pops like they did for GB (city mold) could have been the barcopter with the rope and shark on batman or a big bomb

#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just finished watching the 66 movie and we really need a shark repellant scene or can't get rid of a bomb scene on the LCD but even better a plastic would be great!
It's a shame Stern didn't make a mold for the pops like they did for GB (city mold) could have been the barcopter with the rope and shark on batman or a big bomb

Batbomb mod. (The redish orange led flickers like its on fire). Plan to paint the led wire white to match the fuse.

IMG_1893 (resized).JPG

#1370 3 years ago

Now you're talking!

rd

IMG_4246 (resized).JPG

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Trying to show you where it comes out of, plus the colors of the wires. Hope it helps!

Thanks again Trekkie!

Spoke to Chas at Stern today, dude is a chill guy, has to be i guess with all the incoming he takes! Very helpful again.

Also, Game Room guys have been great too. They are getting a tech involved to fix it all since i had some wiring and optos sheared off!

Anyhow, while playing with the glass off that left orbit was tough to hit, and i mean without flippers and hand shooting it up there!

#1372 3 years ago

Alot of people have been asking me how ive mounted Catwomen. Normally from behind

However, this wire(pic below) is much more flexible and not ridged as piano wire or a wire coat hanger. About $5 bucks at Harbor Freight. I use it on all my mods.

IMG_1891 (resized).JPG

#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Now you're talking!
rd

Everyone needs a barcopter

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Batbomb mod. (The redish orange led flickers like its on fire). Plan to paint the led wire white to match the fuse.

Looks great!! Did you try the fuse using EL wire? And do you plan to sell these, if not where did you get the bomb from?

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks again Trekkie!
Spoke to Chas at Stern today, dude is a chill guy, has to be i guess with all the incoming he takes! Very helpful again.
Also, Game Room guys have been great too. They are getting a tech involved to fix it all since i had some wiring and optos sheared off!
Anyhow, while playing with the glass off that left orbit was tough to hit, and i mean without flippers and hand shooting it up there!

Left orbit and ramp are tough, period.....very tight....starting to get the hang of it...definitely more fun w new code....not even to 1.0 yet....can only imagine what this bad boy is gonna be like down the road!!!

#1376 3 years ago

Alot of people have been asking me how ive mounted Catwomen. Normally from behind
However, this wire(pic below) is much more flexible and not ridged as piano wire or a wire coat hanger. About $5 bucks at Harbor Freight. I use it on all my mods.

Love this.
Do you wrap this wire under the washer of one of the screws and then pierce Catwomans leg with the wire?

#1377 3 years ago

Just joined the club tonight! Gonna play & see what it's about. The kids love it already by the way which is a great start.

20170201_224517 (resized).jpg

20170201_211808 (resized).jpg

20170201_222941 (resized).jpg

20170201_224556 (resized).jpg

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Just joined the club tonight! Gonna play & see what it's about. The kids love it already by the way which is a great start.

Cool card dude!

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Batman arrives tommorrow!

Bust out them mods!

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Love this.
Do you wrap this wire under the washer of one of the screws and then pierce Catwomans leg with the wire?

yes and yes. Use a small drill bit. Then super glue after insertion. Bend wire around a nearby screw then tighten. Good to go!

#1382 3 years ago

yes and yes. Use a small drill bit. Then super glue after insertion. Bend wire around a nearby screw then tighten. Good to go!

Purrrrrrr.....fect, thanks for the tips will do!

#1383 3 years ago

I ordered mine on ebay and was wondering if there is enough space to add a color changing light into the diamond by working with fiber optic? what you think?

#1384 3 years ago

Anyone with a little inside knowledge or contact at Stern able to ask or find out if they are able to use Batman 66 Movie footage & assests?

#1385 3 years ago

According to Sterns webpage....
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/batman-66/le

This enables the game to feature actual TV footage from the iconic series"
So no movie assets, just the TV series assets.

Quoted from J85M:

Anyone with a little inside knowledge or contact at Stern able to ask or find out if they are able to use Batman 66 Movie footage & assests?

#1386 3 years ago

OK out of the box it seems like I'm having the same left ramp ball jumping the wire like a lot of others. That I'll work with.

The problem I've got a question with is the turntable assembly. It's not flat with my playfield. Balls are getting stuck at about 2:00 o'clock related to the assembly where it's higher than the playfield. I didn't start messing around with it last night because I just wanted to play a bit the first night. But, does anyone know if it's too complicated to adjust the entire assembly so it's flush with the playfield. Besides that, everything seems to spin & move freely. Thanks in advance.

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

OK out of the box it seems like I'm having the same left ramp ball jumping the wire like a lot of others. That I'll work with.

I'm working on a fix for this. Hoping to have it finished tonight and I'll post what I did.

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'll look again, but I thought the multi ball video clips might be from the movie. I think the villains are fighting inside of the Batcave. Of course, if I look up to verify, I'll probably drain my multi ball.

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'll look again, but I thought the multi ball video clips might be from the movie. I think the villains are fighting inside of the Batcave. Of course, if I look up to verify, I'll probably drain my multi ball.

If there is movie footage Taz it's worth the risk of draining

If there is one clip from the movie it means they have movie assests which means we could get a shark repellent mode and bat bomb mode - those two additions would make This game a classic

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If there is movie footage Taz it's worth the risk of draining
If there is one clip from the movie it means they have movie assests which means we could get a shark repellent mode and bat bomb mode - those two additions would make This game a classic

I'm not sure if it's from the movie or not after playing the game again to check out the multiball videos. They are indeed of a fight in the Batcave. Joker, Penguin, and some gang members are there for the fight with Batman and Robin, partially above the Atomic Pile. The Penguin floated down from it using his umbrella. It didn't show the bad guys being reconstituted with water though, which is how Penguin sneaked his gang into the Batcave in the movie. Maybe someone who's up on the series might know if Joker and Penguin ever teamed up and fought Batman and Robin in the Batcave in one of the series episodes?

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I ordered mine on ebay and was wondering if there is enough space to add a color changing light into the diamond by working with fiber optic? what you think?

Yes.

#1392 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm working on a fix for this. Hoping to have it finished tonight and I'll post what I did.

There is a fix mentioned earlier on this thread.

What we did was add some silicon pads (stacked 3 high) under the wire ramp in the back. This eliminates the vibration on the ramp. No more air balls.

IMG_1817 (resized).JPG
IMG_1818 (resized).JPG
IMG_1894 (resized).JPG

#1393 3 years ago

There is a fix mentioned earlier on this thread.
What we did was add some silicon pads (stacked 3 high) under the wire ramp in the back. This eliminates the vibration on the ramp. No more air balls.

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm not sure if it's from the movie or not after playing the game again to check out the multiball videos. They are indeed of a fight in the Batcave. Joker, Penguin, and some gang members are there for the fight with Batman and Robin, partially above the Atomic Pile. The Penguin floated down from it using his umbrella. It didn't show the bad guys being reconstituted with water though, which is how Penguin sneaked his gang into the Batcave in the movie. Maybe someone who's up on the series might know if Joker and Penguin ever teamed up and fought Batman and Robin in the Batcave in one of the series episodes?

That clip is from one pf the 3 part episodes. The first epispde of the 3 was called "Zodiac Crimes" which featured Joker and Penguin. It was marketed as a Batman Special celebrating the 1 year anniversary of the show.

In the Batman movie its just Penguin in the Batcave and he's impersonating someone else so he's not in his regular Penguin costume. The big fight scene with all 4 villains (well all 4 villains stunt doubles) at the end of the movies takes place on the top deck of Penguins submarine.

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the Batman movie its just Penguin in the Batcave and he's impersonating someone else so he's not in his regular Penguin costume.

Commodore Schmidlapp!

download (resized).jpg

#1396 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That clip is from one pf the 3 part episodes. The first epispde of the 3 was called "Zodiac Crimes" which featured Joker and Penguin. It was marketed as a Batman Special celebrating the 1 year anniversary of the show.
In the Batman movie its just Penguin in the Batcave and he's impersonating someone else so he's not in his regular Penguin costume. The big fight scene with all 4 villains (well all 4 villains stunt doubles) at the end of the movies takes place on the top deck of Penguins submarine.

Well dang, so much for getting movie stuff into the game. Maybe they're saving that for the wizard mode(s).

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well that sucks, I was really hoping they would have access to movie assets. I might load the latest update into pin browser and see if I can view the video clips one at a time. Since this all seems to use the assets from the slot machine I wonder if anyone that's played the slot can comment on any movie clips shown on that?

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well that sucks, I was really hoping they would have access to movie assets. I might load the latest update into pin browser and see if I can view the video clips one at a time. Since this all seems to use the assets from the slot machine I wonder if anyone that's played the slot can comment on any movie clips shown on that?

I scanned through the clips in pinball browser of the 0.68 firmware and didnt see any clips from the movie. Also didnt see any batgirl clips either.

Interestingly, l didnt see any video clips of shame, egghead, mr freeze, mad hatter, or king tut. They did have "cartoonized" clips of the minor villains getting jailed though (similar to the jail clips of the 4 major villains).

There were a bunch of bookworm video clips in there though. It seems odd they would have video clips of bookworm but not the minor villains. So I hope they will add the others later (and maybe movie clips and batgirl).

#1399 3 years ago

Somebody got these? Pretty ok with my whirlpool

IMG_3394 (resized).JPG

IMG_3395 (resized).JPG

#1400 3 years ago

The pinball life shooter eject spike protector fits very well:

IMG_0724.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
There are 16349 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 327.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside