PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 373.
#2451 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You should also ask for a different strength plunger spring (I think Green is the one you want - ill check tonight) as the one installed is way too soft (unless yours are already installed).
And if your Bat Car is only screwed to the spinning disc using Phillips head screws, you should ask for the upgraded one where the car is riveted to the disc. The screwed one will fall off.

I dunno, the spring that's on there is pretty good for hitting the rollover you want at the top, and if you're going for the super skill shot, just hold the left flipper and hit the gadget button to launch. Works fine.

#2452 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You should also ask for a different strength plunger spring (I think Green is the one you want - ill check tonight) as the one installed is way too soft (unless yours are already installed).
And if your Bat Car is only screwed to the spinning disc using Phillips head screws, you should ask for the upgraded one where the car is riveted to the disc. The screwed one will fall off.

I plan on removing that red/pink circular plastic under the batmobile and replacing it with either something clear, grey or with the bat symbol on it. The red/pink looks out of place imo.

#2453 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno, the spring that's on there is pretty good for hitting the rollover you want at the top, and if you're going for the super skill shot, just hold the left flipper and hit the gadget button to launch. Works fine.

On mine it barely made it out of the shooter lane. Certainly couldn't make it all the way around for super skill. But if it's making it around with the stock one , no need to change.

Reminds me to try the new gadget/ball lock off the skill shot thing in the new code. Can't quite visualize how that's going to work.

#2454 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I plan on removing that red/pink circular plastic under the batmobile and replacing it with either something clear, grey or with the bat symbol on it. The red/pink looks out of place imo.

Still haven't got yours!?!?!?

#2455 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

On the topic, mk6pin , whats the progress on the replacement wireform?

ESP!!!...literally just emailed Matt tonight to see how his other project ( previous commitment) was going, as I was anxious to get started....I've got specific pics, critical measurements, and sketches ready to share with him. Don't want to pull my ramp yet, until he's ready to fab....enjoying the new code....I'll post any updates...

#2456 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Orange rocks....

#2457 6 years ago

Tech question regarding rotisserie...can you look at attached pic and tell me if this is correct? I changed everything to clear Titan when I disassembled, tightened everything, but it looks like maybe this should be ( 2x) post sleeves, or 3/16id ring on each post, instead of the larger ring?

I was sure I replaced the ring correctly ( 1 1/4" I think), but that outside post will take a lot of ball hits as the rotisserie moves from Batphone to spinner.....pics, thoughts?...thanks

#2458 6 years ago

And...the attachments...crap

IMG_1603 (resized).JPGIMG_1603 (resized).JPG

IMG_1604 (resized).JPGIMG_1604 (resized).JPG

IMG_1606 (resized).JPGIMG_1606 (resized).JPG

#2459 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Still haven't got yours!?!?!?

Yeah it was delivered but I have been working away since it was delivered

#2460 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And...the attachments...crap

Just looked it up in the manual, and it's calling for an 1 1/2" ring, like I've got. Even shows how the inside of the ring awkwardly "bends" back in to accommodate the sleeve behind the batmobile spinner...my concern...the ring will get hit quite a bit on the edge. My clear started to fray, and just changed it. Guess it guards the back of the target, but may have to ponder that a bit....

#2461 6 years ago

Stern pays attention to this forum and others. Not sure why you'd doubt it.

#2462 6 years ago

In case anyone applicable sees this- I recommend putting the original left ramp flap UNDER the fix plastic. I still got air balls when my flap was above the fix plastic- but not a single airball since reconfiguring so that the original plastic flap is under the fix plastic.

The trade off is that you still get vibrations out of the original flap.

#2463 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Stern pays attention to this forum and others. Not sure why you'd doubt it.

Because the idea that Lyman, or anyone at Stern, would change their update designators so that the " .01.....is more than likely poking fun at those in this thread" seems highly unlikely. Could be wrong, and don't really care either way.

#2464 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Because the idea that Lyman, or anyone at Stern, would change their update designators so that the " .01.....is more than likely poking fun at those in this thread" seems highly unlikely.

Actually, I think it's more likely than not. It's too perfect a zing for the code complaints not to be deliberate.

#2465 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Spring on the plunger feels pretty strong. Took the Batmobile off and it's certainly screwed onto the disc.
I'll add that one to the list when they get in touch.
Looks to me these were made quite early on but sat in a container for months waiting for Aerosmith and other pins to fill it up before being shipped over to the UK.

IMG_20170501_091732 (resized).jpgIMG_20170501_091732 (resized).jpg

#2466 6 years ago

Im really looking at buying a BM66. Im wondering how deep the code actually is right now? Is there any wizard modes coded yet? How long does it take to play through the entire game, basicly dont want to see the entire game in the first few days like Hobbit.

#2467 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im really looking at buying a BM66. Im wondering how deep the code actually is right now? Is there any wizard modes coded yet? How long does it take to play through the entire game, basicly dont want to see the entire game in the first few days like Hobbit.

I'd wait for the next code drop then. It will be a great pin when Lyman finishes it.

#2468 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd wait for the next code drop then. It will be a great pin when Lyman finishes it.

Iceman which game out of AS and BM66 has more shots? Ive played them both at release but wasnt thinking id be shopping for either.

#2469 6 years ago

Anyone still having problems with the Joker target sticking on the metal post? I have adjusted it a few times now under the PF but it still gets stuck when the ball hits it hard. What are the best ways to fix this?

#2470 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

If you assume the Batsui adjustments in settings refer to a final wizard mode, then the answer to your question is no. Some might consider villian escape to be a wizard mode, so maybe the answer is yes. If you are a good player I believe you could play the (.71 level) code in a few days. I haven't yet, but I'm only an average player at best.

If you are looking to buy a Premium NIB, I'd wait to see the how the code fleshes out. Premiums will be available for quite a while. I had the same questions as you and only bought the game early because I had to decide on a NIB LE. If the LE hadn't been a possibility, I was planning to wait until at least summer and take another look.

#2471 6 years ago
Quoted from kingkong16:

Anyone still having problems with the Joker target sticking on the metal post? I have adjusted it a few times now under the PF but it still gets stuck when the ball hits it hard. What are the best ways to fix this?

I have not experienced this, but someone placed a small piece of target foam behind it and I think another bent the target forward slightly. There are details and pics earlier in the thread.

#2472 6 years ago
Quoted from kingkong16:

#1 - File down the top of the bracket that rests against the underside of the playfield.

#2 - Have Stern send you a new bracket.

#2473 6 years ago

With regards to the Joker targets, didn't someone make a reinforcement/splint for the targets on Ironman? Wouldn't those back up the targets and hold them in place??

#2474 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

No wizard mode per se. I guess you could generously call Villain Escape a mini-wizard mode. Basically this is what's in there now:

1. 4 Villain modes. Light them up, hit the batphone, hit some shots, put them in jail.
2. Load balls in the lazy susan for multiball via the right orbit when locks are lit. When you get 3 loaded you get a bat-melee multiball.
3. When all 4 Villains are lit (you've already put each in jail by completing their modes), hit the saucer via the left orbit for Villain Escape mode, which is a Multiball and kind of retard mini-wizard-y. Not hard to get to.
4. Bat turn mode was added, where you can hit the spinning batmobile to build points, and hit the white shots to collect the leftover parachutes. This is pretty fun with great video integration.

There are some multiplier rules and mystery awards other minor things, but that's everything in the game, mode-wise. Not much there yet. You can see everything in about 15 minutes if you're a half-decent player.

#2475 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No wizard mode per se. I guess you could generously call Villain Escape a mini-wizard mode. Basically this is what's in there now:
1. 4 Villain modes. Light them up, hit the batphone, hit some shots, put them in jail.
2. Load balls in the lazy susan for multiball via the right orbit when locks are lit. When you get 3 loaded you get a bat-melee multiball.
3. When all 4 Villains are lit (you've already put each in jail by completing their modes), hit the saucer via the left orbit for Villain Escape mode, which is a Multiball and kind of retard mini-wizard-y. Not hard to get to.
4. Bat turn mode was added, where you can hit the spinning batmobile to build points, and hit the white shots to collect the leftover parachutes. This is pretty fun with great video integration.
There are some multiplier rules and mystery awards other minor things, but that's everything in the game, mode-wise. Not much there yet. You can see everything in about 15 minutes if you're a half-decent player.

While I'm more positive on the game than vireland, he's accurately summed up ther major accomplishments. Details of the rules are in the Batman 66 rules thread here or on Tilt. I've been pretty detailed with everything in the game so far and it's only about 9 pages and a lot of that is bullet points. There isn't a ton in there yet. We'll see what next month's drop give us.

#2476 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Just noticed on my LE that the left and the right ramps are both chrome. I was under the impression that the left ramp was red.
Do I have a premium dressed in an Le dress??

to be honest I'd have preferred that. I think it looks stupid one red and the other chrome...

#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

We have only just got our games in the UK, watching neilmcrae stream for an hour and a half I didn't see a single airball off the ramp, maybe because it took so long to get our games they come with the fix already installed? or does sutol photo above show his ramp without it??

games were made back in January, and i think miss alot of these upgrades.

#2478 6 years ago

Finally got villain escape mode tonight.....game is quite fun...went through FGY, TZ, IM, and BM66LE tonight...4 completely different experiences...it's why I love this hobby!!!...tomorrow shall be WOZ, TRONLE, SM, then TSPP...choice is good!!!

#2479 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Iceman which game out of AS and BM66 has more shots? Ive played them both at release but wasnt thinking id be shopping for either.

I think AS has more shots and variety, a bit more difficult, I've got the LE and really like the integration of the upper pf, some people don't. Never intended on getting AS but man it has the wow factor too.

BM66 is easier to shoot with longer shots and easy ramps and open PF. On the other hand, the turn table is really cool and has several shots in its own right. I really love em both. Gotta believe Lyman will make BM66 super deep whereas AS is fine as it is, medium depth.

#2480 6 years ago

are folks installing a cliffy on the super jackpot saucer? is there one available?

#2481 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

are folks installing a cliffy on the super jackpot saucer? is there one available?

Got one on the way from Cliff - he said the TDK scoop is the same. Shouldn't be far away - I can post a photo when it's on if no one else has by the time I get it.

I'm not going to worry about the Mystery saucer as I don't think the ball hits fast enough. (He hasn't got one ready yet anyway).

#2482 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I did and yes there is one available.

The cliffy does make the shot harder, like his original KISS protector. He does want to make a new one, like the updated KISS protector, but someone needs to get him a machine so he can redesign it. Is there anyone near him that can help out?

Without a machine, he can't make the shooter protector either.

#2483 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I did and yes there is one available.
The cliffy does make the shot harder, like his original KISS protector. He does want to make a new one, like the updated KISS protector, but someone needs to get him a machine so he can redesign it. Is there anyone near him that can help out?
Without a machine, he can't make the shooter protector either.

If anyone could lend Cliff a game that would be awesome a BDK or BM66 should both get the job done both share identical scoops and shooters.

Although I never found the original Cliffy for the BDK crane scoop made the shot anymore difficult.

#2484 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If anyone could lend Cliff a game that would be awesome a BDK or BM66 should both get the job done both share identical scoops and shooters.
Although I never found the original Cliffy for the BDK crane scoop made the shot anymore difficult.

It doesn't lay perfectly flat on the front side, but there's some tension to make the holes line up, so it lifts the front slightly (at least on the one I installed). I think that's what's being referred to. The difference in mounting holes is probably only 1-2mm, but it does make a difference.

#2485 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It doesn't lay perfectly flat on the front side, but there's some tension to make the holes line up, so it lifts the front slightly (at least on the one I installed). I think that's what's being referred to. The difference in mounting holes is probably only 1-2mm, but it does make a difference.

Yeah that must be a BM66 issue becusdd the one i had on my BDK fit perfectly inline with the scoop lip/edge. Although I remember some people saying it made the shot harder on BDK but I never had that issue. If cliff can work with someone local to get a new protector for a perfect fit that would be awesome and I would be in for one!

#2486 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Had mine in bits today trying to fit the cliffy but in the end failed as could i hell get the back and left side of that scoop surround to raise enough so I could fit it. Right side no problem but I loosened about 5 or 6 nuts around the crane and no way was that surround budging. Goodness knows what was holding it in there.

#2487 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah that must be a BM66 issue becusdd the one i had on my BDK fit perfectly inline with the scoop lip/edge. Although I remember some people saying it made the shot harder on BDK but I never had that issue. If cliff can work with someone local to get a new protector for a perfect fit that would be awesome and I would be in for one!

Is there anyone local to him with the game?

I won't take the cliffy off to make the shot easier.

#2488 6 years ago

Just updated the code and got Bat Turn going. That is a lot of fun. Not sure what I was supposed to do in it, but lots of lit shots all over the playfield and really enjoyed the new music.

#2489 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is there anyone local to him with the game?
I won't take the cliffy off to make the shot easier.

On my BDK the shot could get any easier the Cliffy making it harder would be a good thing

I wonder if a MANTIS protector could be made for BM66? Offer up some protector choice as some scoops just look better without the exposed metal edge, although you could always powdercoat your Cliffy to make it as colourful as the rest of BM66

#2490 6 years ago

Always liked the look of Mantis hole protectors better.
Wish they had one for Batman.

#2491 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Always liked the look of Mantis hole protectors better.
Wish they had one for Batman.

Imo it all depends on the game BDK had a very industrial metal look running through its artwork so the Cliffy fit perfectly visually almost blending in with the playfield.

BM66 is much brighter and smoother if you will in the art department so a mantis might look more fitting on BM66, however if Mantis can't produce a protector I'll probably get a Cliffy powder coated and let it blend in with the colourful design of the playfield.

Wouldn't hurt for a few of us to email Mantis regarding a BM66 protector though!?

#2492 6 years ago

ordered the TDK one from Cliff.

#2493 6 years ago

"Really enjoyed the new music"

This pin is growing on me, but am I the only one who notices lack of voice callouts? Its literally just lounge music from the 60's in the background while you hit the ball around. Where's Adam West, Joker, Penguin laughing/taunting you? Huge miss and such an easy fix!

#2494 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

This pin is growing on me, but am I the only one who notices lack of voice callouts? Its literally just lounge music from the 60's in the background while you hit the ball around. Where's Adam West, Joker, Penguin laughing/taunting you? Huge miss and such an easy fix!

agree, there is some there but it needs much more.

#2495 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Apparently we've already been told the call outs will be one of the last things done but they are coming.

#2496 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ordered the TDK one from Cliff.

When you go for the install neil do a video for it . I Sacked it yesterday trying to install the thing.

#2497 6 years ago

I followed these directions and had no trouble.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/btdk.htm

#2498 6 years ago

Adam West smudged my card! Could it be worth more!?

DSC02859.jpgDSC02859.jpg

#2499 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I followed these directions and had no trouble.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/btdk.htm

Honestly was not as easy as that. Mine especially. Slackened off the ball guide locking nuts but boy it still wasn't shifting. Well wedged in it was.
Probably try again and have attempt no. 2

#2500 6 years ago

Sorry if this was covered already, but has anyone seen what very much appears to be Steve Ritchie in one of the many extra ball animations. I'm 99% sure it's him wearing a black tucked in t shirt with glasses.

I know I'm not hallucinating because my buddy didn't believe so then we went glass off to confirm... and sure enough.

Steve Ritchie is the new cow Easter egg lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 49.99
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.