IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 374.
#851 7 years ago

Thanks for the left ramp fix post, washers and small foam addition, 10 minutes time, 100% fix!

#852 7 years ago

Post in another thread says Stern rejecting almost all BM66 playfields coming in for Premium builds. Anyone have any more details?

#853 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Post in another thread says Stern rejecting almost all BM66 playfields coming in for Premium builds. Anyone have any more details?

That's just what ONE dealer told a customer to try to explain his lack of stock. We have no idea if it's true or not.

That's a problem with the hobby - no way to verify virtually anything apparently.

#854 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's just what ONE dealer told a customer to try to explain his lack of stock. We have no idea if it's true or not.
That's a problem with the hobby - no way to verify virtually anything apparently.

Anything's possible but I feel my dist. has always been straight with me. He's in the thick of the playfield debacle and I'm sure he's just as frustrated as the rest of us.

#855 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Thanks for the left ramp fix post, washers and small foam addition, 10 minutes time, 100% fix!

You are welcome! Glad it helped

#856 7 years ago

I sure hope so...I ordered a Premium with a shaker motor from the Game Room Guys this past Monday....I am pretty excited!!

#857 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Great post right here! I came to the same conclusion and saw you did too!!!
I did all of it except for adjusting the back left corner plastic. World of difference.
So the left ramp airball problem... The wireform on my pin has a ton of slop/play in it. Where the wireform and top of ramp meet, you can slide it around a lot in and out. The plastic guard is static in a fixed position but as you push the wireform deeper into the ramp exit, the higher the plastic guard became in relation to the ball path. Caused way too much gap and allowed uncontrollable airballs. I pulled the wireform out a bit from the ramp exit and it closed the gap.
I also added one additional washer to the right hand mount for the ramp. Where the bracket is attached on the back wall I took a flipper rubber and folded it flat and wedged it in there. Same fix and result as Cserold. The slop in the ramp was gone for the most part now, the gap between ball path and plastic guard much better and after a few games, and a couple dozen left hand ramp shots, not a single airball!!! Buttery smooth around the bend now.
Same thing with the cat lights wire. Snipped the zip tie and tied it with a new one to the metal wire guide underneath the ramp. Much better left orbit shot, not perfect, but worlds better. The inner ball guide is too short that leads back around the turntable edge. It should've come down towards the ramp another half inch or so. What happens sometimes is the ball will end up smacking into that edge (underneath / behind the ramp) and get rejected.
Making progress guys. Still need to figure out the leveling of the batmobile spinner yet...

Some are saying the spinner is .5 mm to high which is the same height as the playfield protector . So if u install the protector in theory all should be level

#858 7 years ago

Looks and plays perfect.

However the shooter rod spring is too weak (blue one) Im replacing it with a red stronger spring.

Updating to the new code soon after some mod installs!

IMG_1707 (resized).JPGIMG_1707 (resized).JPG

IMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1714 (resized).JPG

IMG_1715 (resized).JPGIMG_1715 (resized).JPG

IMG_1716 (resized).JPGIMG_1716 (resized).JPG

IMG_1718 (resized).JPGIMG_1718 (resized).JPG

IMG_1717 (resized).JPGIMG_1717 (resized).JPG

#859 7 years ago

All - @randomkg got his LE today. We will be streaming the game at 7PM EST today 1/18/17 until we get tired.

http://www.twitch.tv/gapinball

IMG_0180 (resized).JPGIMG_0180 (resized).JPG

IMG_0181 (resized).JPGIMG_0181 (resized).JPG

IMG_0182 (resized).JPGIMG_0182 (resized).JPG

IMG_0183 (resized).JPGIMG_0183 (resized).JPG

#860 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All - randomkg got his LE today. We will be streaming the game at 7PM EST today 1/18/17 until we get tired.
http://www.twitch.tv/gapinball

Awesome, I will be tuning in to watch!

#861 7 years ago

Is that the first episode LE posted? Pretty neat. Stern had a great idea this time making all LEs individualized.

#862 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is that the first episode LE posted? Pretty neat. Stern had a great idea this time making all LEs individualized.

No I have episode 66

IMG_1718 (resized).JPGIMG_1718 (resized).JPG

#863 7 years ago

Thanks for doing this.

You three look like you are having fun. The ramps aren't as hard to make as you guys are showing ...

#864 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

No I have episode 66

Yours was the one I meant but I see there was another posted since.

#865 7 years ago

I took a page from what others have done here and elevated the left ramp slightly with a fat plastic washer on the top right side of the ramp. Then I started a game and fed shots down the right ramp and shot them as hard as I could up the left ramp. I would say the reduction in balls flying off the ramp is between 50 to 75%. I need to play it more but this is a good start. Also with the glass off tried to make sense of the rules by starting a game and hitting the targets and ramp by hand. Lyman has a ways to go before this pin is done, but he usually gets there. I don't know if Stern will ever solve the problem with the balls getting stuck in the turntable.

IMG_1137 (resized).JPGIMG_1137 (resized).JPG

#866 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I'm going to send them an email to give them a heads up that they will need to add two small "ears" of material to the left and right of the piece of the protector just below the turntable. (They probqbly already know this). My original template did not have these designed in and I HAD TO add them afterward. There are 2 small cavities built into those areas that allow the pinball to be pushed into as the turntable spins to help alleviate jamming the mech. If you don't have those small pieces the ball gets pushed into those cavities and off the edge of the protector, then can't rollback over that 2mm edge. I cut 2 small pieces of material afterward and mylar ed them in and it now works perfect ... see image for area.

I've been in contact with Mirco and have shared very detailed images, templates and measures ... he's on it.

BM66 Protector Scan (resized).jpgBM66 Protector Scan (resized).jpg
20170118_194527_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170118_194527_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170118_194504_Ink_LI (resized).jpg20170118_194504_Ink_LI (resized).jpg

#867 7 years ago

Who's playing tonight ?

IMG_6525 (resized).JPGIMG_6525 (resized).JPG

#868 7 years ago

IMG_1722 (resized).JPGIMG_1722 (resized).JPG

IMG_1723 (resized).JPGIMG_1723 (resized).JPG

IMG_1724 (resized).JPGIMG_1724 (resized).JPG

IMG_1725 (resized).JPGIMG_1725 (resized).JPG

IMG_1726 (resized).JPGIMG_1726 (resized).JPG

#869 7 years ago

Our LE gets picked up tomorrow! Hell YES!!!!!!! no more playing the lowly premium after tomorrow or so......

#870 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Do you have any closeup pics of the bottom rollover lanes?
Is it tricky to get the right oval shape to avoid ball hangups there?

Pic below. I simply copied generally how the team at Playfield Protectors cut theirs ... cut in an elongated oval.
I tried to first punch a hole in each end using my smallest center hole punch but the material deformed.
Finally just used a razor knife and cut a gentle curve left, then right - done, never had a ball even slow down, let alone stop.

Quoted from docquest:

Did anyone take your template you offered earlier? If its still available I could get a digital image of it made and post it here so people could print it out and use it as a starting point to making their own template

I shipped it off days ago, sorry. That person has been given full permission to make and or sell as they see fit (in fact, I hope they do)
Better yet, I'm know that Mirco has announced the release a quality protector very soon!

20170118_194759 (resized).jpg20170118_194759 (resized).jpg

#871 7 years ago

PiperPinball - which Catwoman toy is that?

I like the ramp stickers? Decals?

#872 7 years ago

IMG_1728 (resized).JPGIMG_1728 (resized).JPG

IMG_1729 (resized).JPGIMG_1729 (resized).JPG

IMG_1731 (resized).JPGIMG_1731 (resized).JPG

#873 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

piperpinball - which Catwoman toy is that?
I like the ramp stickers? Decals?

Its the hallmark Catwomen. We installed a single 1.8mm cool white, slow flickering led behind the diamond in her hand. Looks incredible!

They are Leopard print vinyl decals. And the make the shots a bit smoother. Only cost a few bucks.

More Batmods next Wednesday!

#874 7 years ago

These are gorgeous machines!!!

#875 7 years ago

Heads up on potential issue with LEDs under slings. They are pretty close to the edge of the rubbers and apparently one of mine made contact with the ball as it shoved the sling rubber back.

Cracked the top right off.

Replaced with some purple max

Original white LED'S in last pic

20170118_225321 (resized).jpg20170118_225321 (resized).jpg20170118_225545 (resized).jpg20170118_225545 (resized).jpg20170118_225351 (resized).jpg20170118_225351 (resized).jpg20170118_230440 (resized).jpg20170118_230440 (resized).jpg

20170118_230447 (resized).jpg20170118_230447 (resized).jpg

#877 7 years ago

Its the hallmark Catwomen. We installed a single 1.8mm cool white, slow flickering led behind the diamond in her hand.

Can you provide more details / pics on how/where you mounted the LED?

#878 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Heads up on potential issue with LEDs under slings. They are pretty close to the edge of the rubbers and apparently one of mine made contact with the ball as it shoved the sling rubber back.
Cracked the top right off.
Replaced with some purple max
Original white LED'S in last pic

It happened on my machine too.

Load up on these bulbs.

#879 7 years ago

MT does the owner of your template know about the extra tabs that need to be added? Also who sells these purple max leds? Thanks!

#880 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

MT does the owner of your template know about the extra tabs that need to be added? Also who sells these purple max leds? Thanks!

Yes, see thread #866 above ... he's on it. Already has it redrawn.

#881 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yes, see thread #866 above ... he's on it. Already has it redrawn.

Not Mirco but the other person that has your personal template you originally made. Sorry for the confusion.

#882 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Not Mirco but the other person that has your personal template you originally made. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, he does as well. I added them to the template before shipping it out. Hopefully we will see these get made very soon

#883 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yes, he does as well. I added them to the template before shipping it out. Hopefully we will see these get made very soon

So these will be made by the pinball protectors guys in germany or did you send it to someone else? Im sure the getman guys make a nice product but $150 shipped seems a bit high since your $36 piece from amazon was big enough to do multiple games. I was hoping for a US based person so shipping would be more reasonable.

#884 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So these will be made by the pinball protectors guys in germany or did you send it to someone else? Im sure the getman guys make a nice product but $150 shipped seems a bit high since your $36 piece from amazon was big enough to do multiple games. I was hoping for a US based person so shipping would be more reasonable.

They will be made by the folks in Germany, and I also made one and shipped it to an individual here on Pinside to see if he could get his buddy to laser cut and sell them. I would order from the Germany team in a second as I've ordered from them in the past and the product was good.

#885 7 years ago

I think I made my "executive" decision on this. I am not going to put a playfield protector on my Batman LE when I get it soon. If buying a new game has come to needing this to really protect a game's value and functionality for future resale, then I am going to be out on buying NIB games, especially from Stern. Dimples happen and these things are made to be played and it is kind of silly it has to be an issue here but obviously is causing concern and hysteria that people feel this is necessary. I hope it just got blown out of proportion on a few instances. This is like the shooter lane BS that people got so hung up in the past, protect it if you can, if not and you won't buy a game cause it has an inkling of shooter lane wear, then cool, I wouldn't want to sell someone a game then anyway. This is getting really stupid, almost to the point I'm losing interest in the hobby and new games with all the BS that comes with it anymore, not to mention the ever increasing prices which makes it even worse.

Fingers crossed and hopefully no major issues. I know I haven't had any problems with my GBLE that others had, so hopefully the same here.

#886 7 years ago

The game is either going to dimple in a normal way, or disintegrate in front of your eyes. If it disintegrates, I believe Stern when they say they'll swap it... when they are ready to do so (basically when they understand the problems fully). So play the hell out of it.

#887 7 years ago

This is what I remember reading on playfield protectors. Check out the subsequent posts and discussion as well. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/47?responsive=0#post-3074919

#888 7 years ago

In general, I agree with both of you. But since we don't have any confidence that Stern has a handle on the playfield issues yet, I'm not willing to risk the aggravation of having to deal with a return/replace scenario. That is not covered by the warranty, so that relies on the goodwill of Stern and/or the distributor.

If I knew for sure my PF would be replaced if it exhibits some of the issues others have seen, I would absolutely play my game now and hope for the best. But that's a potentially expensive bet avoided by a $100 protector (or less if DIY).

I'll reevaluate if I can't stand having the protector on my game and certainly hope that we don't see any other playfield issues on Batman games.

But I'm with you with regard to future NIB games - no longer a consideration until there is general consensus that the playfield quality issues have been fixed. That is disappointing, as I have great interest in two rumored future titles.

#889 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure that's a protector made out of a different and thicker material than what would be used on Batman.

#890 7 years ago

I don't understand pf protectors personally. To each their own!

I do understand lighting. George skimped a bit on GI I added four spotlights and a trough light. I ran out of whites so I had to use some purple for two spots and green for trough temporarily. These pics are glass on with PDI.

I'll be streaming this again tomorrow around 7pm EST

IMG_0535.JPGIMG_0535.JPG

IMG_0536.JPGIMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0537.JPGIMG_0537.JPG

#891 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I do understand lighting. George skimped a bit on GI I added four spotlights and a trough light. I ran out of whites so I had to use some purple for two spots and green for trough temporarily. These pics are glass on with PDI.

Yup, I think spots are needed on this game.

#892 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yup, I think spots are needed on this game.

Yeah I added 2 spots last night. Plan to add a few more.

#893 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I think I made my "executive" decision on this. I am not going to put a playfield protector on my Batman LE when I get it soon. If buying a new game has come to needing this to really protect a game's value and functionality for future resale, then I am going to be out on buying NIB games, especially from Stern. Dimples happen and these things are made to be played and it is kind of silly it has to be an issue here but obviously is causing concern and hysteria that people feel this is necessary. I hope it just got blown out of proportion on a few instances. This is like the shooter lane BS that people got so hung up in the past, protect it if you can, if not and you won't buy a game cause it has an inkling of shooter lane wear, then cool, I wouldn't want to sell someone a game then anyway. This is getting really stupid, almost to the point I'm losing interest in the hobby and new games with all the BS that comes with it anymore, not to mention the ever increasing prices which makes it even worse.
Fingers crossed and hopefully no major issues. I know I haven't had any problems with my GBLE that others had, so hopefully the same here.

Ive had no problems with BM66LE #66 and no dimpling, etc. We played over 50 games last night and about a dozen or so this morning. Hopefully nothing changes.

I think its a great pin and will only get better in time with new code and some custom mods.

-Dan

#894 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Those are a couple of great places for additional lighting, I probably wouldn't have thought about using the nuts just above the slings, nice touch

Any chance you did before and afters to see the difference? Guessing it was fairly noticeable your table just seems to POP with colour compared to other stock photos.

#895 7 years ago

The 6 pinball's Stern included with my BM66LE pin were very poor quality. They were all scratched and nicked.

Highly recommend buying new balls from Pinball Life.

#896 7 years ago

The 6 pinball's Stern included with my BM66LE pin were very poor quality. They were all scratched and nicked.
Highly recommend buying new balls from Pinball Life.

Are the Pinball Life balls the best available to buy?

#897 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are the Pinball Life balls the best available to buy?

Per Terry, They're out of stock for regular pinballs and shinies until early Feb.

I can do a before/after pic later/tmrw

#898 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

George skimped a bit on GI I added four spotlights and a trough light.

What are uou guys using for LED's for your spot lights? Just regular single LED bulbs?

I want to brighten up the playfield with adding more spots than I need. Cointaker has those 5 LED bulbs that are supposed to be 5x the brightness of a regular LED. Wondering if 1 or 2 spotlights with those would give more light than the 4 spots.

NkYyNkRCRjhEQTEzRjAxMTdGNTE6ZjFiM2FhZmRmY2QyZTUyNjAyMDlkNmVlYThkZmM4NjY6Ojo6OjA= (resized).pngNkYyNkRCRjhEQTEzRjAxMTdGNTE6ZjFiM2FhZmRmY2QyZTUyNjAyMDlkNmVlYThkZmM4NjY6Ojo6OjA= (resized).png

#899 7 years ago

Comet OP Max.
Comes in Warm, Sunlight and Cool/Natural.

If you want to stay with Cointaker then you can use their 555 Ultras in either warm or cool.

#900 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Machine looks great. Really enjoy your streams. How's the playfield and magnet holding up? Any excessive damage/dimpling?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.