Thought I'd share a mod I just completed with my BM66SLE
I was dissapointed with the color saturation of the red light topper. It just appeared too pink to me, not deep red enough like a real police or emergency type light.
To fix it, I bought some photo filters on Amazon - you'll get more colors than you want but the cost is cheap ($11.99) - you just need the red color
amazon.com link »
Reminder as you can see in the pics, the gel filters come with both side protected by plastic that must be peeled off.
You can use my templates to save a bunch of time if you decide to do this - most of the time was making the template for each section.
You'll be adding red filter material to: Sides of dome, top of dome and each side flasher
- When you add the filter to the sides of the dome, put the seam to the back and add a piece of tape to hold in place
- The "back" of the dome is easy to find as there are 2 screw holes closest together (opposite the single screw in the front)
- The side flashers are put in by folding down the tab and tucking the "wings" into the inside of the rest of the filter material
- Then just force it in ... it's VERY tight and tough to push down as the filter material is stiff - stick with it, you can't really hurt it
- The dome piece (the circle) is the easiest, just cut it, peel the protective material off and drop it in UNDER the 2 screws - they will hold it in place, no tape needed
I am VERY pleased by how deep red the color is now - very happy with the results
2 videos show before (front and top views)
2 videos show after (front and top view)
It's even more impressive in person!
Before front view
After front view
Before top view
After top view
20170124_213135 (resized).jpg20170124_221914 (resized).jpg20170124_222053 (resized).jpg20170124_222153 (resized).jpg20170124_222224 (resized).jpgScan038 (resized).jpg20170124_231223 (resized).jpg