IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 374.
#3801 6 years ago

I think in the video there are some valid
and less valid issues. The Spike boards being specific and more failure prone in my view is an issue. With custom hardware ICs etc and no circuit board diagrams it will be hard to make them available if stern stop making them. And the price Stern charge for the boards sees excessive in my view with a warranty that's worse than than the half life of a good steak sandwich. I can imagine back in the day ops swapping boards in BW games to keep them running but if you have a specific GB failure then you are either carrying a complete set of spares ($$$$$$) or the machine sits in a valuable location powered off. Imagine ten years from now trying to get the board that drives the Rotisery in batman '66!

I also thinks he overlooks the ghosting issue which is clearly not resolved at all!

Neil

#3802 6 years ago

The whole Spike system is typical Stern, a great idea but poorly executed.

I am hopeful that once there is demand one of the current board companies will start making replacement boards for Spike.

#3803 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The whole Spike system is typical Stern, a great idea but poorly executed.
I am hopeful that once there is demand one of the current board companies will start making replacement boards for Spike.

The fact there isn't a lot of demand says it isn't too bad..........We will see in 20 years, give or take a few.

#3804 6 years ago

Most interesting!

Capture (resized).jpgCapture (resized).jpg

#3805 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yes here:
http://tmmello1965.wixsite.com/fanmade/bat-signal
I posted that in my DIY mini batsignal thread. His looks great but its quite a bit more expensive. I'm more of the DIY type so I want to see what I can do with the cheapy amazon mass produced version.

Did anyone get one of these? If so what size is best 1/12, 1/9 or 1/6 scale.

#3806 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Little Shop of Games in Florida had some shortly after the game was released. They might still. Docquest did the best though.

#3807 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

There were some people who've ordered from him that are having trouble getting a hold of him. He might be on a break. So you might want to try emailing him before you order.

I'd suggest trying to mod your own signal. I put a little tutorial on it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-batsignal-mod-tutorial-for-batman66

If you want to DIY I can send you the TV style lens.

#3808 6 years ago

Thanks I'll check it out, also wanted the projector one for the wall since the reviews for the Stern accessory is so bad.

#3809 6 years ago

Just booked my BM66LE armour in with a pinstripe artist (8 week wait), going to have the speaker panel and maybe coin door powder coated to match the rest and have it all pinstriped similar to the SLE model, so it looks like part of the Batmobile

#3810 6 years ago

OH,how funny!!! I just called my pinstripe guy for my LE As well!! The force is with us!!!!

#3811 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OH,how funny!!! I just called my pinstripe guy for my LE As well!! The force is with us!!!!

Holy copycat Batman!

Don't blame you man, the SLE pinstriping does look great, so I thought why not trick out my BM66 a little more, plus I like the idea of the powdercoated armour looking like its part of the Batmobile, it was one of the things that drew your eye to the SLE.

#3812 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Holy copycat Batman!
Don't blame you man, the SLE pinstriping does look great, so I thought why not trick out my BM66 a little more, plus I like the idea of the powdercoated armour looking like its part of the Batmobile, it was one of the things that drew your eye to the SLE.

See, delayed code can actually have some benefits.

#3813 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'm doing the exact same thing lol

Was thinking about playing around with the color though

#3814 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I'm doing the exact same thing lol
Was thinking about playing around with the color though

If anyone wants closeup pics of the pinstripes let me know, I would be happy to post some.

#3815 6 years ago

Another week.....same disappointment

#3816 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The key members of the team intend to buy the game with their own money

If I had it to do all over again I would have waited too.

#3817 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Holy copycat Batman!

The crazy thing is, the SLE isn't even real pinstriping, but just cheap vinyl roll sticker. Pinstriping will be way more durable.

#3818 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The crazy thing is, the SLE isn't even real pinstriping, but just cheap vinyl roll sticker. Pinstriping will be way more durable.

Yeah I remember seeing that it was a decal, if I had got a SLE I would have probably removed the stickers and had it done properly, but once my LE is pin striped and clear coated it will be super durable.

#3819 6 years ago

You guys are giving me pinstripe envy.

#3820 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You guys are giving me pinstripe envy.

Really I didnt realize anyone actually had a "pinstripe" guy.

So what is real pinstriping? A paint process?

#3821 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

If anyone wants closeup pics of the pinstripes let me know, I would be happy to post some.

I'd like to see what you do. Was toying with using some yellow and doing the decal areas on the lock bar

#3822 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Can be paint or tape. I'm going with hand painted

#3823 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Can be paint or tape. I'm going with hand painted

sounds tricky

#3824 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yes it is a brushed on paint, although there are a few that do it with an airbrush. Most custom bike shops have talented pinstripe artists, and I love watching them. They use a lot of different brushes for different effects, and it is not something just anyone can do. You need a steady hand and a lot of artistic talent.

#3825 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I'd like to see what you do. Was toying with using some yellow and doing the decal areas on the lock bar

Sorry, what I meant was that I have an SLE and would be happy to post closeup pics of the pinstripes (vinyl stickers) if anyone needed to see more detail than the flyer shows when they are doing their own machine.

#3826 6 years ago

Zdoor There was a Yellow powdered around here somewhere. I can't remember whom, but they sold it yada yada. Anyway, there should be yellow pics in this thread.

#3827 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Check this video out, some skilful pinstripe artists, some of the best artists in the world have hands steadier than surgeons.

#3828 6 years ago

Excuse the terrible music, but this is basically the process my armour will be receiving and then cleared.

#3829 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Pinstriping to me has always meant paint. It's an art.

#3830 6 years ago

Glad you guys love the paint.

Dare I say it, this is already one of my favorite pins, when Lyman gets it done, I feel like it will be BETTER than TWD for me.

It's nostalgic immersive greatness.

#3831 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's nostalgic immersive greatness.

That's what didn't translate through gameplay videos very well at reveal. And had me worried before I got my LE.

But in person it all feels right, the gameplay has a campy, fun feeling to it that matches the theme perfectly and with the audio and LCD integration it all works together perfectly.

Once Lyman adds audio/visual the theme is going to be one of Sterns most immersive and if Lyman can make all the extra modes have that campy feeling that al the current modes have it's going to shut up the haters fast!

#3832 6 years ago

I haven't heard the Penguin's voice at all yet. I hope licensing problems are not the reason, it would be disappointing not to have that laugh be part of the game!

#3833 6 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

I haven't heard the Penguin's voice at all yet. I hope licensing problems are not the reason, it would be disappointing not to have that laugh be part of the game!

The penguins iconic quack is in the game I am pretty sure I have heard it.

From all the stuff in the code file there doesn't appear to be any holes in this licence except for the lack of the 66 movie which is a shame as there are some clips from the film that would work great with modes featuring all the villains.

Plus I was always hoping for a "someday you can't get rid of a bomb" hurry up!

#3834 6 years ago

Sigh,another Friday gone with no new code!

#3835 6 years ago

My inside source said "stay tuned"

#3836 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Sigh,another Friday gone with no new code!

Monday and Friday have little and no chance of new code respectively. Almost all of the Gomez Drops have been on Wed or Thurs.

#3837 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Monday and Friday have little and no chance of new code respectively. Almost all of the Gomez Drops have been on Wed or Thurs.

Will it be before summer ends?

#3838 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Will it be before summer ends?

I have a graph...

#3839 6 years ago

I remember when Tron got an update quite a bit after it was released. And Tron is still one of the most amazing pinballs I've enjoyed (then again, I'm biased as a big Tron fan!). So, I'm hopeful he will deliver. Also, the amount of video material available on BM66 is staggering. We're talking 3 seasons worth of episodes and everyone has a favorite moment.

#3840 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

I remember when Tron got an update quite a bit after it was released. And Tron is still one of the most amazing pinballs I've enjoyed (then again, I'm biased as a big Tron fan!). So, I'm hopeful he will deliver. Also, the amount of video material available on BM66 is staggering. We're talking 3 seasons worth of episodes and everyone has a favorite moment.

Me too, I remember that well and still love my Tron. Like IM, it's an amazingly simple but enjoyable game. The problem with BM66 is that unlike Tron with that last great update, in BM66 a whole lot of the basic expected content hasn't been implemented yet, so we're not talking polish or next level, we're still waiting on basic stuff to activate inserts and bring characters from the art into the game: minor villains, seasons, gadgets, Batgirl, villain vision taunts, etc. Those alone should soup up BM66 to an incredible level. If Lyman has any magic tricks beyond that up his sleeve for a real late update, then it really will be a great game. I think we're only about half way there at this point.

#3841 6 years ago

It would be purely icing on the cake but I would love to see a "someday you can't get rid of a bomb" hurry up!

Obviously Stern cant use the movie assets, but using Pin Browser we can! An additional hurry up mode could changed into a bomb hurry up

#3842 6 years ago

Brought my Batman66 LE to the Saratoga pinball show today. I've noticed that the line for Batman66 seems to be always be longer than the line for Star Wars.

20170812_132119 (resized).jpg20170812_132119 (resized).jpg

#3843 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Brought my Batman66 LE to the Saratoga pinball show today. I've noticed that the line for Batman66 seems to be always be longer than the line for Star Wars.

Its because BM66 is gorgeous it draws people in, easily one of Sterns best looking games!

Then once people play it they realise it plays great and has a lot of real estate on the playfield, far more than SW.
The price is the main reason (although the rushed release beta code didn't help) BM got such a bad rap.

Awesome you take your game for others to get the chance to play.

#3844 6 years ago

Just got a Premium. Having an issue with the ball stuck in the batmobile spinner and goes into ball search. What is the fix for that? Seems like ball search would at least move that spinner:

IMG_5131 (resized).JPGIMG_5131 (resized).JPG

#3845 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just got a Premium. Having an issue with the ball stuck in the batmobile spinner and goes into ball search. What is the fix for that? Seems like ball search would at least move that spinner:

What's your PF angle? I don't think there's a motor on the spinner to turn it in a ball search.

#3846 6 years ago

The bubble is almost dead center closer to to bottom line. Does it need to be pitched higher.?

#3847 6 years ago

I have mine pitched just off the middle towards the top line adds a little more speed on the game.

The ramps and orbits shoot super fast with a little more pitch

#3848 6 years ago

Batmobile spinner is free wheeling. No motor control. However the whole turntable mech can spin during ball search. That might cause the spinner to shake a little and dislodge the ball.

#3849 6 years ago

OK thanks will try putting the pitch higher

#3850 6 years ago

Deleted

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.