Topic Stats

• 11,585 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 minutes ago by DavidPinballWizz
  • Topic is favorited by 149 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,467 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
1533A379-1680-4F14-A2DC-266BE522EE06 (resized).jpeg
48ECDC92-1DDA-4B36-811A-0A67AF6C4EE3 (resized).jpeg
20181116_185422 (resized).jpg
DAD2B2F2-F9DE-404E-8BB8-E28E8F0B9BD6 (resized).jpeg
1964_gmc_handivan_chassis__g1001pf4113a_153894204665ef66e7dff9f9876IMG_8753-e1541100261668-940x649 (resized).jpg
EF09AED7-4E61-40EF-B6D0-229A3E184FE3 (resized).jpeg
F0C6FE5F-7F68-45A7-A5EF-130E1BD2066D (resized).jpeg
47D197D2-FEC0-4524-9B32-AFFA24F3572E (resized).jpeg
F7A19731-F248-492C-8FAE-712CB1079600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpg
IMG_2202 (resized).jpg
CF0BB271-1D33-4745-9D1E-C9B9876583CF (resized).jpeg
04238EF3-6536-4C39-8AA6-271040FBA61E (resized).jpeg
45709265_741348029541000_3253753797658279936_n (resized).jpg
45721871_353569195216310_575572626081054720_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11585 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 232.
#2801 1 year ago

In case it wasn't announced here yet, Zanzabar in Louisville,KY is having a release party for their BM66SLE July 2nd at 8pm
Link to the local newspaper article on it:
--------------

Zanzabar brothers honor late 'Batman' actor Adam West with rare pinball machine

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/entertainment/buzz-around-town/2017/06/14/louisville-zanzabar-brothers-honor-late-batman-actor-adam-west-rare-pinball-machine/388632001/

#2802 1 year ago

I'm guessing 2 more weeks till the next code update.

I'm wondering if Lyman has any other tricks up his sleeve or if he will focus on the secondary villains and/or the seasons.

#2804 1 year ago

I wish I could attend too.

#2805 1 year ago

Perfect way to honour Adam West, shining the Batsignal up into the sky is very cool and a very classy (like the man himself) way to pay tribute.

#2806 1 year ago

This is funny. My LE has not left the building yet... thought it'd be neat to see them together. My Prem is a work in progress- may not keep yellow speakers.

IMG_2820.JPG

#2807 1 year ago

The subtle differences (both from me and from Stern) are amusing-

IMG_2821 (resized).JPG

IMG_2822 (resized).JPG

IMG_2823 (resized).JPG

IMG_2824 (resized).JPG

IMG_2825 (resized).JPG

IMG_2826 (resized).JPG

IMG_2828 (resized).JPG

IMG_2827 (resized).JPG

IMG_2829 (resized).JPG

#2808 1 year ago

Where did you get the lollipop rails for your premium? I would love to get those LE pinstriped rails for mine.

#2809 1 year ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Where did you get the lollipop rails for your premium? I would love to get those LE pinstriped rails for mine.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

#2810 1 year ago

Very cool!!!

1497594620592 (resized).jpg

170616020903-bat-signal-adam-west-tribute-exlarge-169 (resized).jpg

#2812 1 year ago

Not really giving any details away, that haven't already been said so don't see the harm in sharing.

Projectors will be available within the next couple of weeks.

Premium topper is 100% different to the LE, but still "very cool" and will also be compatible with the projectors.

#2813 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomKG:

The subtle differences (both from me and from Stern) are amusing-

Nice Catwoman card on the Premium......puuuurrrrfect!

#2814 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not really giving any details away, that haven't already been said so don't see the harm in sharing.
Projectors will be available within the next couple of weeks.
Premium topper is 100% different to the LE, but still "very cool" and will also be compatible with the projectors.

Have you heard what the projector price might be?

#2815 1 year ago

I played BM66 for the first time tonight. I played about 4 games on a Premium, scoring around 100 mil each time (I am a mediocre player). I enjoyed it but I was really disappointed by the lack of audio/speech to go with the videos. I expected extensive video clips with audio but they just weren't there. One of the best things about the show was the campy dialogue and it seems very scant on this game. There was some Joker mode where he just repeatedly makes weird faces at the camera and mouths something but he doesn't actually say anything. Is it possible that something was turned off on the game I played? Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this; I didn't figure it warranted a new thread. Thanks.

#2816 1 year ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I played BM66 for the first time tonight. I played about 4 games on a Premium, scoring around 100 mil each time (I am a mediocre player). I enjoyed it but I was really disappointed by the lack of audio/speech to go with the videos. I expected extensive video clips with audio but they just weren't there. One of the best things about the show was the campy dialogue and it seems very scant on this game. There was some Joker mode where he just repeatedly makes weird faces at the camera and mouths something but he doesn't actually say anything. Is it possible that something was turned off on the game I played? Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this; I didn't figure it warranted a new thread. Thanks.

At this stage the code is still in beta (0.75) so it's very hard to judge what will end up in the game once it's finished. There are a huge amount of clips from the show in the code that haven't been used yet, so heres hoping allot of it makes its way into the game once it's done.

The game shouldn't have been released in this state. The more people who play it on location without knowing that it's not finished is only going to harm future sales.

#2817 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

At this stage the code is still in beta (0.75) so it's very hard to judge what will end up in the game once it's finished. There are a huge amount of clips from the show in the code that haven't been used yet, so heres hoping allot of it makes its way into the game once it's done.
The game shouldn't have been released in this state. The more people who play it on location without knowing that it's not finished is only going to harm future sales.

No doubt. It was really beautiful to look at (almost as beautiful as Catwoman) and had some cool looking toys with the rotating piece and crane so I thought I'd check it out. I left disappointed. Hopefully with better code it can be a great game and it doesn't take 7 years like Sterns do at times.

#2818 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Have you heard what the projector price might be?

That news might be coming this week.

I think the fact the projectors can be used on the Premiums is pretty cool, it will certainly make a lot of sense for Premium owners to have the projector with their topper.

#2819 1 year ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I think that was one version behind current. But yeah, there aren't a lot of callouts in the game currently. We're still probably 6 months from version 1.00, so it's nowhere near even feature complete though.

#2820 1 year ago

Although the current code is still early beta, its still super fun. I was not able to unbox mine straight away due to renovation work at my house and I kept reading all the hate mainly in other threads (BM66 lets be honest) and was really starting to worry about my 9.5k pin purchase, so recently decided to unbox it at a friends, also to check incase I had any mechanical issue and wow its awesome!

I actually unboxed it thinking its going to suck or I am not going to like it and regret purchasing it, but couldn't be happier, got an awesome double villain episode LE and my playfield plays as smooth as silk. No idea what all these people claiming its clunky or it has a tonne of bricked shots where playing, maybe I got lucky with an awesome playfield set up to perfection but it plays super fast and the theme integration is shaping up brilliantly.

Played alot of my first gamers on v0.65 then updated to the 0.75 with Bat-Turn which is a blast, love going for that mode and it adds a lot of purpose to the Batmobile spinner, if Lyman carries on improving the code like the Bat-Turn update did, this is going to be up there as one of my favourite Sterns and end up another Lyman masterpiece.

#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

No doubt. It was really beautiful to look at (almost as beautiful as Catwoman) and had some cool looking toys with the rotating piece and crane so I thought I'd check it out. I left disappointed. Hopefully with better code it can be a great game and it doesn't take 7 years like Sterns do at times.

I've got a very optimistic feeling about the next BM66 code update, which should come in about 2 weeks if our trend history is any indicator. The last update was a big polish and bug fix, so I'm hoping for something new this time, along the lines of a mode like Bat Turn, Batgirl addition, or Minor Villains implementation. It seems to me that the next update will almost certainly be one of the following:

1 - Implementation of Minor villains
2 - Better implementation of Gadgets
3 - Implementation of Seasons
4 - A new Bat Turn mode kind of addition (my biggest hope)
5 - Wizard mode or minor wizard mode work or polish
6 - Addition of more call outs and video clips
7 - More polish and bug fixes (my least favorite hope)
8 - Batgurl!!!!

#2822 1 year ago

Lyman will be at the pintastic show in 2 weeks. Maybe he'll have a Batman66 code update in time for the show.

#2823 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Although the current code is still early beta, its still super fun. I was not able to unbox mine straight away due to renovation work at my house and I kept reading all the hate mainly in other threads (BM66 lets be honest) and was really starting to worry about my 9.5k pin purchase, so recently decided to unbox it at a friends, also to check incase I had any mechanical issue and wow its awesome!
I actually unboxed it thinking its going to suck or I am not going to like it and regret purchasing it, but couldn't be happier, got an awesome double villain episode LE and my playfield plays as smooth as silk. No idea what all these people claiming its clunky or it has a tonne of bricked shots where playing, maybe I got lucky with an awesome playfield set up to perfection but it plays super fast and the theme integration is shaping up brilliantly.
Played alot of my first gamers on v0.65 then updated to the 0.75 with Bat-Turn which is a blast, love going for that mode and it adds a lot of purpose to the Batmobile spinner, if Lyman carries on improving the code like the Bat-Turn update did, this is going to be up there as one of my favourite Sterns and end up another Lyman masterpiece.

Congrats!!!....enjoy this amazing machine....still enjoying it a lot myself...

#2824 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lyman will be at the pintastic show in 2 weeks. Maybe he'll have a Batman66 code update in time for the show.

Is anyone in this these/BM66 owner attending the show? Would be great if someone could talk to him about the game and see what he might have planned for us.

Like Bat-Turn I would love a Bat-Climb mode, the climbing of the walls is so iconic it deserves its own mode.

Honestly more excited to see what Lyman has in store for us with code than I am about SW and I'm a pretty big SW fan.

#2825 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats!!!....enjoy this amazing machine....still enjoying it a lot myself...

It's an awesome game, nice long shots, great flow and the shots themselves are great, the batcave lock gives you an awesome feeling ripping up that right orbit and locking in the turntable and I love the shot through the Batmobile spinner and out into the left orbit and those ramps are lighting fast!

#2826 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

It's an awesome game, nice long shots, great flow and the shots themselves are great, the batcave lock gives you an awesome feeling ripping up that right orbit and locking in the turntable and I love the shot through the Batmobile spinner and out into the left orbit and those ramps are lighting fast!

Really is a cool pin right? Congrats Jon

I've intentionally shut mine down until the next code update

Still loving it but want the fresh excitement!

#2827 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really is a cool pin right? Congrats Jon
I've intentionally shut mine down until the next code update
Still loving it but want the fresh excitement!

It's easily one of my favourite games and everyone who has played it loves it which makes me wonder about all these people that say its clunky, must be a game set up badly.

I also think Villain Vision is going to be the game changer with this pin, having the villains taunt you is going to be awesome. I noticed in the newest code there is now a joker laugh and every time I hear it, I just smile.

Once his laughs and taunts (as well as Riddlers iconic giggle & penguins quack) are added and aimed directly at the player it's going to be some of the best theme integration in pinball.

#2828 1 year ago

I suspect Seasons and Minor Villains are the same thing. Defeating a minor villain from one of the seasons should light the corresponding lamp since there are not lamps for minor villains directly.

#2829 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I really liked that bat cave lock shot too until it stopped working. The ball now flies through and down the left orbit to the flippers (I feel like I should be awarded a "combo" like in TWD). I've experienced several problems with the turntable (batmobile falling off, stuck balls, etc.) . . . I'm going to look back through the thread to see what others have done to address the "common" problems so far. This may warrant a new topic in and of itself.

#2830 1 year ago

That's very strange wcbu64; A right orbit shot will open the gate for a full orbit if it's part of a combo (code .71 and up). Are you saying that a right orbit shot opens the gate EVERY time? I've never heard of that problem. That would require the game to think it's a combo, activate the coil and lift the gate. Without power that gate stays down. Very strange indeed.

Again, as of .71 you can combo that right orbit as much as you want off of a ramp shot.

#2831 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

That's very strange wcbu64; A right orbit shot will open the gate for a full orbit if it's part of a combo (code .71 and up). Are you saying that a right orbit shot opens the gate EVERY time? I've never heard of that problem. That would require the game to think it's a combo, activate the coil and lift the gate. Without power that gate stays down. Very strange indeed.
Again, as of .71 you can combo that right orbit as much as you want off of a ramp shot.

It is the gate at the top of the turntable that no longer opens when it should to lock the balls.

#2832 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

I really liked that bat cave lock shot too until it stopped working. The ball now flies through and down the left orbit to the flippers (I feel like I should be awarded a "combo" like in TWD). I've experienced several problems with the turntable (batmobile falling off, stuck balls, etc.) . . . I'm going to look back through the thread to see what others have done to address the "common" problems so far. This may warrant a new topic in and of itself.

Therapy a new batmobile where the car is rivetted on instead of screwed. Hit Stern or your distributor up for one.

#2833 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Therapy a new batmobile where the car is rivetted on instead of screwed. Hit Stern or your distributor up for one.

Thanks . . . I wasn't aware Stern made another one with rivets (didn't see a service bulletin like I've seen them do on occasion for other identified problems with other titles).

#2834 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

This is something I might start a thread on in upcoming days (can't get away from work long enough). I can say with confidence that there are other rubber, o ring combinations that work better in that mechanism than what the factory installs, calls for, eliminating gate hangups, stuck balls, etc.

I've had several challenges getting the sizing/ type right for both playability and longevity..all easy fixes if your comfortable taking the thing apart to change the rubbers.

Hope to find time for my hobby soon....posting is as far as I get most evenings lately.....mark

#2835 1 year ago

I suspect Seasons and Minor Villains are the same thing. Defeating a minor villain from one of the seasons should light the corresponding lamp since there are not lamps for minor villains directly.

I was hoping minor Villians would effect gameplay by adding a perk to effect gameplay and mix up the games modes to add variety to the nromal modes:

Mr Freeze - Freezes your timers or a specific timer of your choosing with the action button?

Shame - Randomises a modes shot pattern?

Bookworm - Could force you to make mode shots a set number of times to light up shot multiplier inserts

Tut - Changes up the number of shots required on a particular shot in order to progress to SJP

A perk/bonus that matches the villians personalities from the shows would be cool which is why I thought of the things above to best match their characters.

Seasons would be great as mini wizard modes and would be awesome if the main villain modes changed up their shot requirements and patters season to season similar to how ST modes work/change from level 1, 2, 3.

#2836 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Thanks . . . I wasn't aware Stern made another one with rivets (didn't see a service bulletin like I've seen them do on occasion for other identified problems with other titles).

I dont think it was anything official, but the newer runs of BM66's came riveted from the factory. They should have sent out a replacement for every early owner.

Since you obviously have an early run, you should check it has the new flap over the left wireform and the metal guide on the left plastic above the left outlane. This was an official fix from the factory.

#2837 1 year ago

That's very strange wcbu64; A right orbit shot will open the gate for a full orbit if it's part of a combo.

Cool I did not know or realise that, will be going for this more on future games now, my game loops orbit to orbit super quick, great shot and super fun.

#2838 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'll be asking Stern for this and the ramp fix but I doubt I'll use it, I plan on laser cutting a replacement out of clear or smoked PETG, not a fan of all that red/pink plastic Stern used for the turntable and atomic pile, plan on doing something much more show accurate - silver/grey with red edging if possible and not too much trouble.

#2839 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I dont think it was anything official, but the newer runs of BM66's came riveted from the factory. They should have sent out a replacement for every early owner.
Since you obviously have an early run, you should check it has the new flap over the left wireform and the metal guide on the left plastic above the left outlane. This was an official fix from the factory.

I have an Episode #92 LE and it came with the flap over the left wireform (balls get stuck there a lot), but no metal guide on the left Batgirl plastic.

#2840 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My March'17 build premium had a different (assuming fixed/riveted) then my December'16 build LE. I never had any trouble with the early build, I just noticed they are different because the color of the windshield. Blue on the new one

#2841 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

I have an Episode #92 LE and it came with the flap over the left wireform (balls get stuck there a lot), but no metal guide on the left Batgirl plastic.

Sounds like that flap you've got is smaller and too thin, so it rattles and sometimes the ball can fly off. This was on the original games, but Stern released a longer and thicker plastic flap that goes under the smaller one you have and also secures to the gate on the loop. It came in a fix kit that also had the steel diverter for the left plastic.

Also, if you're having trouble with the plunger spring (too soft plunge), they will give you a stronger spring. In some early games the sting was too soft.

#2842 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sounds like that flap you've got is smaller and too thin, so it rattles and sometimes the ball can fly off. This was on the original games, but Stern released a longer and thiner plastic flap that goes under the smaller one you have. It came in a fix kit that also had the steel diverter for the left plastic.
Also, if you're having trouble with the plunger spring (too soft plunge), they will give you a stronger spring. In some early games the sting was too soft.

What's the right color spring for the game?

My fix for the flap, was cutting a new one out of thicker plastic. Plastic won't bend and works perfectly. I just had to remove the old plastic and river this one to the cat metal.

#2843 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomKG:

My March'17 build premium had a different (assuming fixed/riveted) then my December'16 build LE. I never had any trouble with the early build, I just noticed they are different because the color of the windshield. Blue on the new one

Yep. My early batmobile fell off after a few games.

#2844 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My fix for the flap, was cutting a new one out of thicker plastic. Plastic won't bend and works perfectly. I just had to remove the old plastic and river this one to the cat metal.

You didn't get the Stern one? Best thing about the Stern one is the support post at the back - makes the whole thing more sturdy.

#2845 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'll have to check. Not sure if Stern officially changed it, but my original was way too soft. randomkg what's the spring colour on your new premium?

#2846 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You didn't get the Stern one? Best thing about the Stern one is the support post at the back - makes the whole thing more sturdy.

I did get it, but 4 months after I already fixed mine. The Lexan that I cut works perfectly. No reason for me to update it.

#2847 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'll have to check. Not sure if Stern officially changed it, but my original was way too soft. randomkg what's the spring colour on your new premium?

Away from gameroom a couple days, will answer when I get back if still unanswered.

#2848 1 year ago

I was doing some monthly maintenance and found one of the screws missing that holds the blue foam protectors at the bottom of the catwoman ramps. I tightened the others up which were loose but can't find the missing screw on the playfield or in the cabinet. Any idea what size that screw is or where I can find a replacement?

#2849 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What's the right color spring for the game.

Mine works perfectly I willl check and post pics early tomorrow morning and confirm spring colour.

#2850 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Original was blue ( too soft), orange is perfect, I put in purple ( what I had) and a bit strong, but controllable...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Topeka, KS
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hauppauge, NY
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11585 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 232.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside