Topic Stats

• 15,351 posts
  • 571 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by EightBallTexas
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,300 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
246A2B3C-39AD-461A-9A15-6074C5B74695 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 10.48.31 PM (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpg
IMG_1913 (resized).jpg
IMG_1915 (resized).jpg
IMG_1912 (resized).jpg
IMG_1910 (resized).jpg
error (resized).jpg
AP (resized).jpg
6A43610B-5F04-4C01-BFD2-454D5EE1CA61 (resized).jpeg
IMAG1413.jpg
IMAG1411.jpg
IMAG1410.jpg
IMAG1409.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 15351 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 308.
#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I spoke with a pinball seller/repairer with quite a few years of experience. He says there will definitely be a "pro" model somewhere down the line. I just wanted other opinions. Yes, it means more $$ for Kapow, but if demand is high, they both will be making a lot of $$.

I can't image Stern making a pro version. As its been stated already multiple times, the premium is really the pro but they had to jack the price to cover Kapow licensing so they decided to call it a premium.

Just for the sake of argument, if they wanted to make a less expensive version of the game what could they possibly remove or dumb down? They really couldn't because there's nothing they could take out and still have a decent game left.

#3152 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

First,there will be no B66pro models.Question;has anyone tried to put a cloud effect over the Bat Beacon? I tried with that holloween web stuff! Got the right cloud formation over the signal,but couldn't focus on it! Just a black blurr!Tried cotton,same problem! A picture of clouds maybe??

You are correct. They stated which models available, and that's it.....

I've also toyed w the idea of the cloud effect for the beacon....sadly, the only thing that seems to make sense is if you determine 100% where the beacon will shine, you could paint a cloud effect on that area of ceiling/ wall for it to project onto....if I could only paint clouds....

#3153 2 years ago

Anyone think there's a chance that there might be a pre-holiday code release from Stern today? For any game?

#3154 2 years ago

'They know people will buy it anyway, just like they always have.'

Stop buying half baked games and look in the mirror. "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change"

-Batman

#3155 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change"

Pretty sure that was Micheal Jackson

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Anyone think there's a chance that there might be a pre-holiday code release from Stern today? For any game?

Lyman is supposed to be at a show this weekend isn't he? Pintastic?!?

Last time there was a show Lyman/Stern dropped code either right before or during the show I cannot honestly remember exactly but pretty sure it dropped either just before the last big show over your side of the pond.

#3157 2 years ago

Can someone clarify this one for me please?

When you answer the batphone, does Alfred say 'acont' or something else? I'm pretty sure the originally released code used to say "I'll call him sir".

Is this how it's meant to sound because of a British accent? That's what I was told.

#3158 2 years ago

Thank-you MK6pin,and has anyone herd Alfred say"Im sorry sir Batman is out for the day"I got this once,and for the life of me I can't figure out what combo I hit to hear Alfred say that????

#3159 2 years ago

I'm getting a lot of airballs from the Joker targets. Does anyone have any tips for helping with this? I know they make target wedges but not sure what type/size will work best. Has anyone tried something store bought that works also? Thanks for any help.

#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Thank-you MK6pin,and has anyone herd Alfred say"Im sorry sir Batman is out for the day"I got this once,and for the life of me I can't figure out what combo I hit to hear Alfred say that????

I hear it if you don't answer the Bat phone before the timer runs out.

#3161 2 years ago

Oh,ok Thank-you thundergod76!!

#3162 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I hear it if you don't answer the Bat phone before the timer runs out.

Correct, but only after you've progressed to a certain level ( can't remember how far you have to get). I've been focusing on my notes for Matt on the ramp last few batvisits, so will have to pay attention next time....the game is too fun...next code drop should be pretty great, I think....

#3163 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Lyman is supposed to be at a show this weekend isn't he? Pintastic?!?
Last time there was a show Lyman/Stern dropped code either right before or during the show I cannot honestly remember exactly but pretty sure it dropped either just before the last big show over your side of the pond.

Right before...I like how you think....

#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Right before...I like how you think....

More hopeful than thinking.

But it seems Lyman likes to drop code before shows, whether that's for mass feedback on the update or maybe so he doesn't get jumped on by a bunch of Pinsiders asking about code

#3165 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

More hopeful than thinking.
But it seems Lyman likes to drop code before shows, whether that's for mass feedback on the update or maybe so he doesn't get jumped on by a bunch of Pinsiders asking about code

If we do get new code on the first day of the show, this Gomez Drop gap will still be the longest ever at 42 days. Not a good sign for a machine nowhere near 1.00.

#3166 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

If we do get new code on the first day of the show, this Gomez Drop gap will still be the longest ever at 42 days. Not a good sign for a machine nowhere near 1.00.

George loves you man! He sent me this lol

IMG_0406 (resized).JPG

#3167 2 years ago

I'd rather wait for code that's good than two week upgrades that would obviously suck.

As long as we know code is coming that's all that counts and Stern pretty much confirmed that Lyman is still working on the code.

#3168 2 years ago

I sold Star Trek, Metallica, AC/DC, X-Men, TWD "too early", since the "early" code was for each of them really poor and I did not have the patience to wait. End of story - I bought each of them again, but only AC/DC was a keeper for me.

I enjoy the BM66 theme, "soundtrack", look, shot layout very, very much... but there has to done a significant amount of code to "finalize" this beauty on a gameplay level which I expect of Stern, George Gomez and Lyman Sheats. At this time I am still confident, but to be honest... it's already July... sadly.

Right now I am playing the classics like STTNG, TZ and IJ again, great fun but I would rather spend some time on an updated BM66

#3169 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'd rather wait for code that's good than two week upgrades that would obviously suck.

This rationalization is wearing pretty thin almost 7 months after release and still only 3/4 of the way to 1.00. Especially since the gap between Gomez Drops is getting LONGER not the same or shorter. I guarantee Lyman is not on Batman solely anymore, and it's likely he hasn't been since probably February.

Bat Turn gave me hope, but that goodwill is fading while the game remains very unfinished and not close to being done.

#3170 2 years ago

I don't recall it being so different for Walking Dead.

#3171 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I don't recall it being so different for Walking Dead.

Having software that sucks initially (Walking Dead) but is complete, then waiting for it to get good is COMPLETELY different than having software that's nowhere close to complete 7 months after release. Walking dead shipped with 1.11 software. Batman '66 shipped with 0.57. Big difference.

7 months after release Walking dead was on version 1.25. As we approach the 7 month marker, Batman'66 is on 0.75 - not even at 1.00. So no, not the same, or even close.

#3172 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Having software that sucks initially (Walking Dead) but is complete, then waiting for it to get good is COMPLETELY different than having software that's nowhere close to complete 7 months after release. Walking dead shipped with 1.11 software. Batman '66 shipped with 0.57. Big difference.
7 months after release Walking dead was on version 1.25. As we approach the 7 month marker, Batman'66 is on 0.75 - not even at 1.00. So no, not the same, or even close.

TWD was no where near complete!

i think you are comparing versions and assuming too much. Since TWD Stern have gone through two platform changes, and often the starting point is in the eye of the beholder.

#3173 2 years ago

oh and TWD shipped with 1.04.

Neil.

#3174 2 years ago

Has anyone got George or preferably Lyman on Facebook and could simply ask about the next update?

#3175 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

oh and TWD shipped with 1.04.
Neil.

Okay, but 0.57 < 1.04. At the beginning or 7 months later, the point is the same.

#3176 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 22.23.19 (resized).png

#3177 2 years ago

Would have been cool if Stern could have done what they did in 2015 (was 2015 the year the #whereisthecode thing was in full gear?)

IMG_3634 (resized).PNG

#3178 2 years ago

1.28 to 1.56 took over 4 months... on TWD and 1.14 to 1.28 almost 7 months...

#3179 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

1.28 to 1.56 took over 4 months... on TWD and 1.14 to 1.28 almost 7 months...

TWD was just over a year and a half wasn't it to get it complete? Well worth the wait in my opinion.

#3180 2 years ago

October 2014 to Xmas 2015 but its clear they started earlier with TWD and didn't have to worry about Spike 2 or video etc. I have a lot of sympathy for vireland's points and I'd like the game finished also as quickly as possible but for the moment I'm cool with being a little patient.

#3181 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Please....the comparison is just stupid. As stated about a million times, we all knew there was little code to start with...unlike TWD, not to mention it is a different system, different video, different mechanics, etc. You cannot compare anything about the two. I was at the factory last week, and I can tell you what I was told when I asked what Lyman was working on......but because you coded video games somewhere in the past, he will never be up to your expectations. Relax and enjoy the 4th....good things are coming.

#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I was at the factory last week, and I can tell you what I was told when I asked what Lyman was working on.....

Please do, I would be greatful to know what they said if there was anything other than he's working on BM66 said, like maybe what Sterns next title is

#3183 2 years ago

so fn ridiculous that buyers of bm66
have to grovel to stern for a code update. i would be livid especially if i bought a bm66 sle. stern should be sending you emails regarding code releases and product improvement campaigns. they are on to the next pin and money grab, they will get to bm66 when they can, they got their money, its on the backburner. now go reward them and buy a star wars now, right?

#3184 2 years ago

Stay tuned!

#3185 2 years ago

Neil did George reply at all or simply like your post?

#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks like he simply liked it, I mean.. commenting could be risky as he might go out on a limb and tell everyone there's gonna be code updates every 2 weeks, then regret it.

#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Please do, I would be greatful to know what they said if there was anything other than he's working on BM66 said, like maybe what Sterns next title is

I would never be privy to any new titles, but I can assure you he is working hard on BM66. Good things are coming......

#3188 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

no reply Chekov!

#3189 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Looks like he simply liked it, I mean.. commenting could be risky as he might go out on a limb and tell everyone there's gonna be code updates every 2 weeks, then regret it.

i suspect there are code updates everyday

Neil.

#3190 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I can assure you he is working hard on BM66.

Good things are coming......

Good things!?

Oh man what a cliff hanger, Manimal your officially the biggest tease ever

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

no reply Chekov!

Thanks Spock

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Good things!?

It IS Lyman after all.......have faith.

#3193 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

It IS Lyman after all.......have faith.

I have faith man, I brought BM66 on the fact Lyman was coding so there's my faith in him. Still doesn't change the fact your a tease haha

#3194 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks Spock

not Spock, Kirk (ST:III The search for spock)

Neil.

#3195 2 years ago

Stern seem to have really dropped the ball this year regarding regular code updates.

Ok, it's great they have got the production line busy but why can't they keep us in the loop more regarding updates?

#3196 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern seem to have really dropped the ball this year regarding regular code updates.
Ok, it's great they have got the production line busy but why can't they keep us in the loop more regarding updates?

Because nothing would be good enough and they would be roasted no matter what they did. Why would anyone submit for that kind of abuse? Better to just leave people guessing.

#3197 2 years ago

Hard to believe there has only been one code drop since I got rid of Batman months ago. What a way for the pinball buying public to lose interest in what otherwise might have been a great selling game.

Maybe with so many new titles, they are just trying to make sure the next one is at least playable, instead of spending too much time on ones that aren't selling that good anymore. I couldn't say for sure. They seem to know what they are doing.

#3198 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Good things!?

I think he means the projector Jon

#3199 2 years ago

I'm being optimistic for code drop tomorrow.....no inside info....any takers?

#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm being optimistic for code drop tomorrow.....no inside info....any takers?

This week before Pintastic would be great, Lyman last update dropped just before expo?

After watching the SW stream I'm even happier with my BM66LE, won't be rushing out for SW.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cortland, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15351 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 308.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside