PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 373.
#1901 7 years ago

Damn docquest, that's incredibly cool!

#1902 7 years ago

That's fantastic!!!! Thank you for sharing the story. very cool and sounds like a great couple days

#1904 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Damn docquest, that's incredibly cool!

It was a good weekend. It was a real treat to play my Batman66 with the actual Batman and Robin. I'll never wash my flipper buttons again!

#1905 7 years ago

wow

#1906 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It was a good weekend. It was a real treat to play my Batman66 with the actual Batman and Robin.

That's the Pinside understatement of the year.

Congrats!

#1907 7 years ago

Awesome, thanks for sharing and well done on donating the cash to a good cause

#1908 7 years ago

totally bat$hit crazy!! That's awesome.

#1909 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Then he decided to just record me with his phone so he could review it later at home with his wife.

Hopefully you included instructions about updating code too. It would suck going thru life unaware of that and having the machine the way it is now forever. Anyway that's some cool stuff there!

#1910 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hopefully you included instructions about updating code too. It would suck going thru life unaware of that and having the machine the way it is now forever. Anyway that's some cool stuff there!

During our game walkthrough I told him the code would be evolving and there would be future updates. He didnt seem to be aware of the process or how to do it. So after I got home on Saturday night I decided to put together a little "care package" for Burt (Adam said he didnt have a game).

I typed up a summary of the current rules and modes, the email address to send his info to Stern to get on the code update email list, and a copy of the page from the manual that details the update process.

I game him all this on Sunday and he was very appreciative. I also asked him to sign my Franchi villain print and he wrote a nice thank you to me for the pinball help.

rps20170307_212818 (resized).jpgrps20170307_212818 (resized).jpg

#1911 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So after I got home on Saturday night I decided to put together a little "care package" for Burt (Adam said he didnt have a game).

Sweet! I would be willing to deliver Julie Newmar's update personally.

#1912 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

During our game walkthrough I told him the code would be evolving and there would be future updates.

I typed up a summary of the current rules and modes, the email address to send his info to Stern to get on the code update email list, and a copy of the page from the manual that details the update process.

I would have put the current code on a USB stick and given it to the pinball boy wonder .... just sayin'.

(Also just sayin' how incredibly jealous I am of your weekend!)

#1913 7 years ago

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Joker targets are not registering. I tested every switch in the game and those 2 are the only ones not registering.

I checked the board they are plugged into and everything looked fine. I'm trying to avoid taking that beast apart.

#1914 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Joker targets are not registering. I tested every switch in the game and those 2 are the only ones not registering.
I checked the board they are plugged into and everything looked fine. I'm trying to avoid taking that beast apart.

What happens usually is one or both those targets get jammed on the inside edge against that metal post in the center. If just one is "closed" it will block the other one. Check that both the targets move freely. If they seem to, in switch test mode pull the targets forward and see if that registers a hit. That only happens IF the switch is stuck closed and by moving it forward, you're "triggering" the switch by unsticking it.

#1915 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What happens usually is one or both those targets get jammed on the inside edge against that metal post in the center. If just one is "closed" it will block the other one. Check that both the targets move freely. If they seem to, in switch test mode pull the targets forward and see if that registers a hit. That only happens IF the switch is stuck closed and by moving it forward, you're "triggering" the switch by unsticking it.

Be right back...let me go test.

Update: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold star to vireland! This is why I love this site.

#1916 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Be right back...let me go test.
Update: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gold star to vireland! This is why I love this site.

It's a design flaw. I've seen it on 3 B'66 machines now, yours makes 4 - so I had a pretty good idea what the problem was. Stern should move the mounting of those targets like 2mm out, move that support post IN, or trim the target sizes.

Glad it worked for you!

#1917 7 years ago

Since Burt signed my apron I don't need the signed card I got prior to getting my game. I got it signed by Adam and Burt last year at the LA comicon. Selling it for what it cost me $200.

rps20170307_113919 (resized).jpgrps20170307_113919 (resized).jpg

#1918 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Since Burt signed my apron I don't need the signed card I got prior to getting my game. I got it signed by Adam and Burt last year at the LA comicon. Selling it for what it cost me $200.

Signed card is sold.

#1919 7 years ago

I made a batarang mod. Not sure if I will keep it on or not. There is a nice 66 style batarang bottle opener available on ebay for around $10. I painted it black and cut an oversized piece of the red flourescent acrylic for a backing. Its mounted off a screw from the right cat ramp cover and rest will above the pops. I do like how it is in the direct line of sight when you hit the spinner which make a batarang flying sound.

20170308_102012 (resized).jpg20170308_102012 (resized).jpg

20170308_134710 (resized).jpg20170308_134710 (resized).jpg

20170308_134529 (resized).jpg20170308_134529 (resized).jpg

#1920 7 years ago

My Joker targets also stuck a lot; I put a small bit of neoprene back there and I haven't had a problem since.

#1921 7 years ago

Hi guys, I'm just coming to the party and was wondering if anyone here has had any issues with their crane? My premium was unboxed yesterday and the crane worked for about 10 games them died in the middle of the play field. We were streaming the game so I didn't have time to really look into it. I checked for loose connectors and did a motor test, didn't see any loose connectors and the motor made noise when tested but nothing moved. And experiences like this? Pending triage I'm assuming the motor stripped some internal gears.

I also had a bent and mis-aligned shooter rod which I had to pull hard and twist/force it out of the assembly. Replaced it with a new one, slides in and out just fine, but it still hits the left side of the autolaunch assembly which causes short plunges. Reminds me of my Avengers LE that I had to move the shooter assembly on. grrrr.. Will fix.

But other than the usual NIB fixes the game is AMAZING........ really like it.

#1922 7 years ago

Here's the stream of sandersj Batman 66 (Premium) from last night - great game, just some out of the box issues that need fixing.

Blatant Plug!
Like the Video? Subscribe to the Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjYbdHQdkLJRXNMELiUOB-w

Want to watch us live? Follow us on Twitch:
https://twitch.tv/pinballundesirables

#1923 7 years ago

Just did triage on the game in the video above. Stripped gears in the crane motor and a flat out bent shooter rod assembly. Warranty parts on order.

Quoted from sandersj:

Hi guys, I'm just coming to the party and was wondering if anyone here has had any issues with their crane? My premium was unboxed yesterday and the crane worked for about 10 games them died in the middle of the play field. We were streaming the game so I didn't have time to really look into it. I checked for loose connectors and did a motor test, didn't see any loose connectors and the motor made noise when tested but nothing moved. And experiences like this? Pending triage I'm assuming the motor stripped some internal gears.
I also had a bent and mis-aligned shooter rod which I had to pull hard and twist/force it out of the assembly. Replaced it with a new one, slides in and out just fine, but it still hits the left side of the autolaunch assembly which causes short plunges. Reminds me of my Avengers LE that I had to move the shooter assembly on. grrrr.. Will fix.
But other than the usual NIB fixes the game is AMAZING........ really like it.

#1924 7 years ago

Really like the Batman66, even with this code.

IMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPG

#1925 7 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Bat mods for sale. Almost made it to a premium model. Hallmark ornaments, Doc Quest spot light mod, model kit spot light topper. Shakespeare, phone for slings. Bat shield for the...”
2017-03-10
Chicago
150 (OBO)
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 267 times

#1926 7 years ago

wow! super cool to get Burt Ward to sign the apron!!!!!!!

#1927 7 years ago

any news on new code coming soon?

12 days to TPF

#1928 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

any news on new code coming soon?
12 days to TPF

Next week is a month since the last very minor update from .68 to .69, so I would hope so.

#1929 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Next week is a month since the last very minor update from .68 to .69, so I would hope so.

Yeah, the good will I gave them due to swapping release order with Aerosmith is running low. I checked and my LE pre-order of this game was August 31st, so I think many of us have been excited and waiting six months now. Hopefully, this next release will be signifucant, such as bringing the minor villains to life and giving us a little something new to do after capturing the big four.

#1930 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Yeah, the good will I gave them due to swapping release order with Aerosmith is running low. I checked and my LE pre-order of this game was August 31st, so I think many of us have been excited and waiting six months now. Hopefully, this next release will be signifucant, such as bringing the minor villains to life and giving us a little something new to do after capturing the big four.

I'd like to see minor villains or gadgets come to life in the next update. Not really worried about what to do after completing the main Four just yet because tbh I don't try very hard when I play, since it's basically a beta at best right now imo.

#1931 7 years ago

Added a few resin busts, and planning to add spotlights/additional lighting.

IMG_3728 (resized).PNGIMG_3728 (resized).PNG

#1932 7 years ago

Just wanted to mention that this week Stern sent me a (free) kit to modify/extend the left ramp cover (to prevent air balls). Easy install. I took probably about 50 good shots on the ramp last night and not a single air-ball. Sweet. They also sent with the kit a "deflector" which is a metal piece to keep a PF air ball from flying on to the Batgirl plastic and going down the left out lane. I was originally second guessing my decision to get this game, but now it's playing great and the software is improving.

Love the mods you guys are doing! I got the Hallmark Catwoman and Joker decorations but have not "installed" them yet. The Hot Wheels Bat copter is a neat and inexpensive mod. Glued a magnet on the bottom and attached it to the left ramp gate (hijacked the idea from others here in the forum). Next show I go to I'll pick up the side blades....

#1933 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Just wanted to mention that this week Stern sent me a (free) kit to modify/extend the left ramp cover (to prevent air balls).

You called to ask for it or they just it sent it to you?

#1934 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You called to ask for it or they just it sent it to you?

I E-mailed them through the Stern web site and asked if they had a solution for the left ramp air balls. I noticed on new productions that the plastic cover had been extended over the ramp and figured it could not hurt to ask. It seems the problem was very wide spread enough that they came out with a fix.

#1935 7 years ago

The problem with the original plastic over the left ramp was that it flexed too much. I just cut a piece of lexan to replace the original piece.

I spoke to Chas about my fix but I guess they didn't want to spend the money on the lexan.

#1936 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The problem with the original plastic over the left ramp was that it flexed too much. I just cut a piece of lexan to replace the original piece.
I spoke to Chas about my fix but I guess they didn't want to spend the money on the lexan.

Did you rivet the Cat sign to the new piece or just keep it attached to the original piece?

#1937 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Did you rivet the Cat sign to the new piece or just keep it attached to the original piece?

The instructions had leaving the old one on and adding the 2nd/longer one as well. Couple screws and added post for the other end and you are done.

#1938 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Near the end of the show some old guy showed up and wanted to play but he didn't have any quarters. He seemed like a nice enough guy so I let him have a few free games. Not sure why everyone around started taking pics of him playing it. Also not sure why he was calling me "good citizen". He really seemed to enjoy the Catwoman mode and said something about strange stirrings in his utility belt whenever her saw her.

LOL how awesome is that!!!!!!

Did he really say the thing about the utility belt? I've seen Adam West in full on charm mode and that's one of the standby lines

#1939 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I riveted the new piece to the Cat sign.

#1940 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL how awesome is that!!!!!!
Did he really say the thing about the utility belt? I've seen Adam West in full on charm mode and that's one of the standby lines

I added that part. However I've also heard him say it in one of his comicon Q@A's as well as in an interview in TV. I think he likes to use that line a lot. When he was playing my game he mentioned that he really liked how the artwork captured the likenesses of the villains so well.

When I got Adam to sign my Franchi villains print I told him the print was by the same artist who did the game. He then told his agent/handler guy to get a hold of Stern and ask about getting a game. Im surpised he didn't have one already like Burt does.

#1941 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

West has used that line for years in interviews and appearances. Even though I've heard it a lot, it's always funny.

#1942 7 years ago

With the introduction of the right orbit loop in code .69, I find that upon completing the loop twice consecutively that the 3rd time around the ball has picked up so much speed that attempting to hit the loop again causes the ball to kick up and hit the glass. Makes me wince every time and I've learned to hold back on hitting the loop more than twice. Is anyone else having this issue and what can be done about it?

#1943 7 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

With the introduction of the right orbit loop in code .69, I find that upon completing the loop twice consecutively that the 3rd time around the ball has picked up so much speed that attempting to hit the loop again causes the ball to kick up and hit the glass. Makes me wince every time and I've learned to hold back on hitting the loop more than twice. Is anyone else having this issue and what can be done about it?

I would check to see if the left flipper rubber is on correctly. I'm pretty sure I've made the right orbit three times in a row and didn't see this happen.

#1944 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a design flaw. I've seen it on 3 B'66 machines now, yours makes 4 - so I had a pretty good idea what the problem was. Stern should move the mounting of those targets like 2mm out, move that support post IN, or trim the target sizes.
Glad it worked for you!

My Joker target stopped registering last night, so I think this will become more widespread as time goes on. I unstuck the target and it's fine now, but for how long?

#1945 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

My Joker target stopped registering last night, so I think this will become more widespread as time goes on. I unstuck the target and it's fine now, but for how long?

Depends on how much you play, but it will keep happening. Someone recommended putting a bit of rubber back there to keep it from jamming. I'm going to try that next.

#1946 7 years ago

9 days to TPF... hope there's a new code update coming before the big show

#1947 7 years ago

Batman Penguin and out hole protector $25 shipped.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/46613

#1948 7 years ago

While waiting for the next code update, I replaced the stock start button (came crooked from the factory) with one of my own design.

IMG_8798 (resized).jpgIMG_8798 (resized).jpg

IMG_8795 (resized).jpgIMG_8795 (resized).jpg

#1949 7 years ago

twenty84 is that just a photo printed decal? Looks awesome do you plan to sell any?

#1950 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

twenty84 is that just a photo printed decal? Looks awesome do you plan to sell any?

I pulled apart the original button and sanded the word "start" off using 800 grit sand paper. The new graphic was printed on transparency film and put on top of the green plastic insert then I popped the original transparent plastic dome back on and reassembled the switch. PM me if you want to buy the transparency insert. I realize not everyone is up to doing this and would sell the assembled switches if I could find a source for original ones, but I don't know where to get them as of now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.