PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 373.
#2351 6 years ago

.71 Code Posted

Interesting changes; a new mode that I didn't see coming; changes to the wiz mode and more.

#2352 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'm telling you if the next update is labeled 0.71 I'm gonna be pissed!

guess what

#2353 6 years ago

V0.71.0 - April 24, 2017
========================

- Added BAT TURN mode.
- Lit at the ATOMIC PILE after 10 hits (default) to the BATMOBILE.
- BATMOBILE spins increase the payoff value.
- When the mode starts, all shots are lit for the payoff value, which
counts down.
- Shoot any shot to collect the payoff value and stop the countdown.
The shot will no longer be available.
- Hitting the BATMOBILE increases the payoff value, re-lights all of
the shots, and re-starts the countdown.
- If a multiball mode (either TURNTABLE MULTIBALL or VILLAIN ESCAPE)
runs with BAT TURN and the turntable moves to the TV side, all of the
shots are re-lit and worth 2x the current payoff value, and the value
will not count down. Shooting a lit shot re-lights all of the other
shots.
- The mode is TIMED (40 seconds, default). The timer can be reset to
40 seconds by hitting the BATMOBILE, or by getting "MORE TIME" from
the mystery feature.
- Added a display effect for batmobile spinner hit.
- Implemented "MORE TIME" for the major villain wizard mode.
- The right loop was not being considered for combos (due to the control
gate). This has been corrected.
- Fixed a problem with the batphone hurry-up where the music would revert
back to different music (noticed mostly when the CATWOMAN hurry-up was
started).
- Batphone hurry-up text now set to the correct value in the award display
effect.
- Fixed a problem with the batphone hurry-up where the turntable would
move when a new hurry-up (other than the first) was started.
- Added a setting (default: NO) that allows completed major villains to
be locked out until VILLAIN ESCAPE is started.
- Bonus was counting combo sequences each ball instead of the total number
of combos each ball. This has been corrected.
- Gadget applied during the penguin mode now awards a crane hit if there
is nothing else to award.
- Riddler shot with super jackpot lit will not choose the penguin VUK.
- Synced multiball BIFF/BAM/POW item chosen for the main display with
villain vision. Added BIFF/BAM/POW for villain escape.
- BAM display for MULTIBALL and VILLAIN ESCAPE was not being displayed
properly. This has been corrected.
- Reworked VILLAIN ESCAPE
- Part 1 is timed (default: 30 seconds) of 1 ball play. All switches
increase the jackpot value.
- Part 2 is multiball, like before, with all villains worth the jackpot
amount that was built up in part 1.
- Replaced animation and video clips.
- Fixed attract mode custom message (use drop shadow).
- Added gadget use via the lockdown bar button, which will open the
turntable lock diverter after the ball is plunged. The physical lock
must be available and the ball must be past the right loop switch before
the button press will be considered to open the diverter.
- Fixed a bug in VILLAIN ESCAPE that would cause the scores to be
initialized improperly. This caused the jackpot values to take on bad
(large) values. This has been corrected.
- Added color to little girl in extra ball effect.
- Fixed inconsistency between the cartoon intro and the extra ball. The
intro has color mid ground people and as subject matter gets farther away

#2354 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

- Added a setting (default: NO) that allows completed major villains to
be locked out until VILLAIN ESCAPE is started.

I like this. Will probably set mine for Yes.

Bat Turn is appreciated. Nice to see the game get deeper in an unanticipated way.

#2355 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I like this. Will probably set mine for Yes.
Bat Turn is appreciated. Nice to see the game get deeper in an unanticipated way.

I was thinking the same lol....

#2356 6 years ago

The bad is its only .71.
The good is if this is only .71, then when complete at one this game will be crazy deep.

At least it looks like Lyman has a "roadmap" to what he wants in the game and we're only 2/3 along.

#2357 6 years ago

Just to compare note, now that there is a new Bat Turn mode (which sounds fun), Gomez said he the spinner mech was re-designed to always return to centre. Mine doesn't always return to centre. Is everyone else the same?

I had a very quick look at the spinner, and it looks like there is a small magnet there to force it to centre. Its really hard to access on the turntable.

#2358 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just to compare note, now that there is a new Bat Turn mode (which sounds fun), Gomez said he the spinner mech was re-designed to always return to centre. Mine doesn't always return to centre. Is everyone else the same?

Same here. Maybe actual self-centering hardware was too expensive, so they threw a magnet in there and called it a day.

#2359 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same here. Maybe actual self-centering hardware was too expensive, so they threw a magnet in there and called it a day.

Im guessing the magnet was the re-design. Going to try and access it this weekend. Maybe the magnet needs to be closer to the spinner.

#2360 6 years ago

And they didn't bother to post it on FB yet? Weird.

#2361 6 years ago

It can self-center, but I don't think it's always supposed to. If it is, I'm sure they'll re-write the code to make it so with the little mag.

#2362 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I love that Lyman put the batmobile parachute pickup service in the game. Just played it and it's a really cool mode.

rps20170427_215207 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215207 (resized).jpg

rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg

rps20170427_215234 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215234 (resized).jpg

#2363 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I love that Lyman put the batmobile parachute pickup service in the game. Just played it and it's a really cool mode.

We now need a BPPS High Score added. Has a Combo Champion been added with this update?

#2364 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

We now need a BPPS High Score added. Has a Combo Champion been added with this update?

I think there is a bat-turn champion now.

#2365 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think there is a bat-turn champion now.

Awesome! Did Combo champion get added?

#2366 6 years ago

Has anyone had trouble downloading the latest update? I have tried 5 times to download the update and it always stops at 98% and it says that the download was interupted.

#2367 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Has anyone had trouble downloading the latest update? I have tried 5 times to download the update and it always stops at 98% and it says that the download was interupted.

I'll let you know in about 3 and a half minutes. I'm at 94%

#2368 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

No. All good first try.

#2369 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Awesome, clever mode by the looks. Cracks me up just from the pics. Shows his true appreciation for the show.

#2370 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

No. All good first try.

Lol thanks Pauloz, my name is Paulo btw.

#2371 6 years ago

Me likey the new code.

#2372 6 years ago

I'll keep the .71 bugs and features thread updated as I find stuff, but it looks like few bugs on our list got fixed.

Major Villain champs don't seem to be working properly. In attract mode, but not taking initials or displaying them.

The new Villain Escape mode (what I'd been calling Bat Signal Wizard Mode) is a nice change. New clips in there too.

The bat spinner mode is fun, but not super clear what you're supposed to be doing. Also, once I completed it once, it didn't seem to be able to be qualified a second time. I need to verify this with some more play though.

I haven't tried the new ball lock gadget. I kept forgetting that it was an option.

Nothing looks different regarding the TV villains.

#2373 6 years ago

OK,Batfans,Something really Strange just happened on my pin:Was shooting the lit Batphone.ball went somewhere,and Alfred answered the Batphone and said"Commisioner,Batman isn't available today sir,sorry! And the pin went into ball search! Ball had already drained!! What??? Has any one else seen this???

#2374 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,Batfans,Something really Strange just happened on my pin:Was shooting the lit Batphone.ball went somewhere,and Alfred answered the Batphone and said"Commisioner,Batman isn't available today sir,sorry! And the pin went into ball search! Ball had already drained!! What??? Has any one else seen this???

LOL. Did it sneak in behind the batphone on the turntable. Ive been hoping for some sort of callout for that like "You cheat Dr Jones"on Indy.

#2375 6 years ago

I could only look at the display briefly, but something didn't seem right with the display during the multiball portion of the Villain Escape mode. Also, the sounds were like phase 1 with the glass-break sound. Anyone else?

#2376 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Had that happen on .71, too, but not sure what happened to cause it.

Ball management is still borked. If it unleashes a locked ball while doing a ball search (or for any other reason that gives you two balls out but not in multiball mode), giving you two balls in play, it will go dead as soon as the first one drains.

#2377 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I could only look at the display briefly, but something didn't seem right with the display during the multiball portion of the Villain Escape mode. Also, the sounds were like phase 1 with the glass-break sound. Anyone else?

It was weird, like the lights were off in the room in the video and there were just some Christmas lights on in the back. It got lighter toward the end. No idea what's up with that.

#2378 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was weird, like the lights were off in the room in the video and there were just some Christmas lights on in the back. It got lighter toward the end. No idea what's up with that.

That sounds similar to what I saw. Lots of black screen with the biff boom bam overlay. I drained to quickly to see much else.

#2379 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

A long time ago I had that problem downloading some SAM game code. I turned off my computer and tried the next day and it finally downloaded okay.

#2380 6 years ago

I appreciate your response Taz, I will try again in the afternoon.

Regards

#2381 6 years ago

Hey Paulo- FYI my first attempt failed this morning from Stern site. Second attempt succeeded.

My initial reaction to Bat Turn from reading (not played yet) is that it'll be awesome not necessarily on its own but to stack in the background while fighting a villain, subvillain etc.

Looking forward to the new villain escape.
It's somewhat like Metallica crank it up- you build up your value (or ability to score) with a single ball. Very cool.

gagdet lock thingamajig, interesting, did he just come up with another use for the third button that's basically been reserved for "walker bombs" and similar since 2013? Not sure I'm understanding it correctly- eager to test in a few hours.

#2382 6 years ago

Can anyone who has villain stacking on tell me if it's not possible to start Joker in stacking if it's not started first?

#2383 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's whats up with what you saw.

This mode has the 4 main villains escaping out of jail and you need to round them back up. The earlier code used the animated cartoon style clips but for this code they switched to video clips from the show to show the breakout from Gotham penitentiary. The only video clips that have all 4 villains together was from the second to last episode in season 3 called "The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra" starring Ida Lupino as Dr Cassandra Spellcraft. Interesting fact: Ida was not only a movie star from the golden age of Hollywood but also the only female in the 50's who also produced and directed major films. She was the forst woman to direct a film noir, "The Hitch-Hiker".

In this episode Dr Cassandra and he husband come up with some invisibility pills. Their plan is to release all the Gotham super villains and also give them the invisibility pills so they can wreck havoc on Gotham. There is a brief clip where 6 major villains are shown escaping. they are Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Egghead and King Tut. By season 3 the ratings were dropping and the budgets were slashed so they cut as many corners as possible. In this case they saved money by having all the villains be played by stunt doubles not the actual actors. An interesting note is that Eartha Kitt was playing Catwoman in season 3 but for this episode the Catwoman double is someone picked to look like Julie Newmar instead.

2445286571_4eb82de04d (resized).jpg2445286571_4eb82de04d (resized).jpg
2445286785_409469c8c6_o (resized).jpg2445286785_409469c8c6_o (resized).jpg
2445287443_cefea395b0_o (resized).jpg2445287443_cefea395b0_o (resized).jpg
2446114488_6c9ae3c6d9_o (resized).jpg2446114488_6c9ae3c6d9_o (resized).jpg
Batman-Cassandra09 (resized).jpgBatman-Cassandra09 (resized).jpg

Not only were they too cheap to use the real actors (or even have any henchmen in this episode) they also had no budget to do the actual choreography for the big the fight scene with all the villains. So they improvised and decided to have all the villains take the invisibility potion first. This way Batman, Robin, and Batgirl are fighting invisible people.

Batman-Cassandra10 (resized).jpgBatman-Cassandra10 (resized).jpg
edc7 (resized).jpgedc7 (resized).jpg

The heroic trio don't do so well fighting invisible villains so they decide to even the odd by turning all the lights out. So half the fight is in the dark and all you see are some random lights in the background. That's what you are seeing in the video clip on the LCD during this mode. Here's a you tube clip where you can see it as it appeared in the show.

Here's what the writer, Stanley Ralph Ross, said about the episode:

“The producers ran over budget on this episode, and they could not afford to take the two days necessary to block and shoot the fight scenes. So, I wrote this episode in such a way that the fight was in the dark; therefore, the episode was shot in less time."

Here's a link to watch the whole fight from the beginning.

Looks like we definitely have batgirl in the game now, at least a little bit. Maybe in a future code update the video for this mode can be fixed. They could just get better close up shots of the villains from other episode fights and splice them together. Or maybe use clips from the movie (might not happen if they don't have rights to movie though). If Stern doesn't do it, someone could fix it with better clips via pinball browser.

#2384 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

This mode has the 4 main villains escaping out of jail and you need to round them back up. The earlier code used the animated cartoon style clips but for this code they switched to video clips from the show to show the breakout from Gotham penitentiary. The only video clips that have all 4 villains together was from the second to last episode in season 3 called "The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra" starring Ida Lupino as Dr Cassandra Spellcraft. Interesting fact: Ida was not only a movie star from the golden age of Hollywood but also the only female in the 50's who also produced and directed major films. She was the forst woman to direct a film noir, "The Hitch-Hiker".
In this episode Dr Cassandra and he husband come up with some invisibility pills. Their plan is to release all the Gotham super villains and also give them the invisibility pills so they can wreck havoc on Gotham. There is a brief clip where 6 major villains are shown escaping. they are Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Egghead and King Tut. By season 3 the ratings were dropping and the budgets were slashed so they cut as many corners as possible. In this case they saved money by having all the villains be played by stunt men not the actual actors. An interesting note is that Eartha Kitt was playing Catwoman in season 3 but for this episode the Catwoman double is someone picked to look like Julie Newmar instead.
Not only were they too cheap to use the real actors (or even have any henchmen in this episode) they also had no budget to do the actual choreography for the big the fight scene with all the villains. So they improvised and decided to have all the villains take the invisibility potion first. This way Batman, Robin, and Batgirl are fighting invisible people.
The heroic trio don't do so well fighting invisible villains so they decide to even the odd by turning all the light outs. So half the fight is in the dark and all you see are some random lights in the background. That's what you are seeing in the video clip on the LCD during this mode. Here's a you tube clip where you can see it as it appeared in the show.
» YouTube video
“The producers ran over budget on this episode, and they could not afford to take the two days necessary to block and shoot the fight scenes. So, I wrote this episode in such a way that the fight was in the dark; therefore, the episode was shot in less time."
» YouTube video
Looks like we definitely have batgirl in the game now, at least a little bit. Maybe in a future code update the video for this mode can be fixed. They could just get better close up shots of the villains from other episode fights and splice them together. Or maybe use clips from the movie (might not happen if they don't have rights to movie though). If Stern doesn't do it, someone could fix it with better clips via pinball browser.

Cool story.

#2385 6 years ago

docquest as I was reading your post (very cool read, love the behind the scenes info) I was thinking "I can swap/fix that with pinball browser"

#2386 6 years ago

And it's great to see Batgirl in the game hopefully loads more footage of her is added in future updates. Would be great if she had her own mode.

I also plan to replace the extra ball animation with movie footage it's an absolute must to have the bomb scene in the game.

Wonder if we will get a shark repellant reference!? Even if it can't be added in around a mode it would be cool if it was just a mystery award

#2387 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

docquest as I was reading your post (very cool read, love the behind the scenes info) I was thinking "I can swap/fix that with pinball browser"

Has Olivier finished updating the Pinball Browser software to enable Spike2 editing already? With the split .spk files?

#2388 6 years ago

I'd rather have the cartoon of the villains breaking out instead of the stunt actors.

#2389 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Has Olivier finished updating the Pinball Browser software to enable Spike2 editing already? With the split .spk files?

I don't think it's been done yet but by the time Batman code is complete I am sure Pinball Browser will be Spike 2 compatible.

#2390 6 years ago

Docquest's explanation is thorough and is certainly what I was seeing; however, it was not a great pinball experience.

#2391 6 years ago

New code has dropped. 0.71.0 25 minutes ago.

#2392 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Docquest's explanation is thorough and is certainly what I was seeing; however, it was not a great pinball experience.

I'm guessing all the tv show audio clips (not custom ones) and video clips are made before the game rules are done. I think the license holder gave them a ton of clips and callouts and put them in the code early on. Then when they are doing the game rules they go through the library of clips in the code and pick ones they think fit the mode.

I wonder if they realized that the mutli villain fight had a bunch of black screen in it towards the end of the clip when the lights go out. I can't image they'd put that part of it in there on purpose since it does look like something is broke when it plays and the screen goes mostly black. I bet they will update that in a future release.

#2393 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In this episode Dr Cassandra and he husband come up with some invisibility pills. Their plan is to release all the Gotham super villains and also give them the invisibility pills so they can wreck havoc on Gotham. There is a brief clip where 6 major villains are shown escaping. they are Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Egghead and King Tut. By season 3 the ratings were dropping and the budgets were slashed so they cut as many corners as possible. In this case they saved money by having all the villains be played by stunt doubles not the actual actors. An interesting note is that Eartha Kitt was playing Catwoman in season 3 but for this episode the Catwoman double is someone picked to look like Julie Newmar instead.

The heroic trio don't do so well fighting invisible villains so they decide to even the odd by turning all the lights out. So half the fight is in the dark and all you see are some random lights in the background. That's what you are seeing in the video clip on the LCD during this mode. Here's a you tube clip where you can see it as it appeared in the show.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Thanks for the very detailed explanation. This is like the Riddler end mode where the smoke comes out of the pit and you have no idea what just happened. If it requires a detailed explanation to even GET what is going on, it's the wrong scenario for the pin.

#2394 6 years ago

Received No:110, no I idea if it is an Episode or Gadget, haven't been able to open it yet due to work

#2395 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Received No:110, no I idea if it is an Episode or Gadget, haven't been able to open it yet due to work

C'mon get your priorities straight. We want tp know what you got!

Episode #110 was "The Funny Feline Felonies" which is a Joker and Catwoman episode which would be cool. Gadget #110 is ??????

#2396 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

C'mon get your priorities straight. We want tp know what you got!
Episode #110 was "The Funny Feline Felonies" which is a Joker and Catwoman episode which would be cool. Gadget #110 is ??????

Is there a list of episodes and gadgets doc? Although I wanted a a gadget I would be pretty happy if that's my episode! Two of my fav villains from the show sweet!

#2397 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a list of episodes and gadgets doc? Although I wanted a a gadget I would be pretty happy if that's my episode! Two of my fav villains from the show sweet!

Great Batman 66 TV show reference:

http://tothebatpoles.blogspot.com

#2398 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Only hardcore Batman fans would remember this particular episode. For Lyman to build a mode around this really shows how passionate and crazy about this show he is. Plus the addition of the Bat turn mode including the parachute pick up van. That's a hardcore fan right there! I take back my earlier criticism of the code only being .71 His love for this title is really starting to shine. Lyman is gonna knock the shit outta this code!!

#2399 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Getting a new pin is always reason for a vacation day.

#2400 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Getting a new pin is always reason for a vacation day.

I work 24 hour shifts away from home so taking a day off isn't easy believe me I tried it was torture knowing it was being delivered at home while I was at work

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.