PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 373.
#11151 5 years ago

My crane requires a really solid hit to activate, but I'm not sure it's much more difficult than when I first got the game. Maybe I'm just playing it more in the deeper code. I do know that the crane in Penguin mode is a severe impediment to my attempts to gather Minor Villains.

#11152 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That's an awesome score! I would be dying to know if it's an episode LE or gadget LE and if it's a gadget, which gadget.
Maybe you hit the jackpot and got the bat shark repellent or the utility belt gadget? Or maybe you got the boobie prize and got the Ethel Merman as Lola Lasagna episode.

Same thoughts I had lol. My current thought is a surgical incision to slide the phone camera in to find out which gadget it is then seal it back up. My wife is still rolling her eyes that we have a second one yet it isn’t leaving it’s crypt. Lol

#11153 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Part of what Makes B66 great (compared to TWD) is that it's both very approachable as a "walk up and play" game, but also offers depth, difficulty and strategy for advanced players. The layout isn't terribly special, but there's a lot being done with what's there.

Couldn't agree more.

In that sense BM66 is an overall better pin for the masses. And its truly amazing what Lyman gets out of this pin.

TWD on the other hand is brutal, one of my favorite layouts ever, and of course Lyman just crushed it.

What he does with the nuances for advanced players is simply amazing. He takes each shot and target and makes them critical in their own right.

That's the difference between him and Dwight imo

#11154 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Same thoughts I had lol. My current thought is a surgical incision to slide the phone camera in to find out which gadget it is then seal it back up. My wife is still rolling her eyes that we have a second one yet it isn’t leaving it’s crypt. Lol

#11155 5 years ago

Well...pics of a mod that sadly will only end up on my machine...after getting abandoned on project by Matt (lost my original LE wireform in the process), I took the proto to a local, killer machine shop to finish/ solidify the design ( rebuilt). This thing is unbelievably solid, final angles and heights sorted...now ready for a pristine powder job.

Will pick up the new ramp without wire-tie holes next Friday, so slowly pulling this together. I'll share as I go, and apologize again for not being able to offer this to the community, as I mod for the spirit of the game, not for profit. Batman approves.....

bm662 (resized).jpgbm662 (resized).jpgbm663 (resized).jpgbm663 (resized).jpgbmramp1 (resized).jpgbmramp1 (resized).jpg

#11156 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Will pick up the new ramp without wire-tie holes next Friday, so slowly pulling this together. I'll share as I go, and apologize again for not being able to offer this to the community, as I mod for the spirit of the game, not for profit. Batman approves.....

No worries Mark and thanks for the effort. It's a shame that Matt flaked out because that is one awesome mod actually worth having! Congrats

#11157 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well...pics of a mod that sadly will only end up on my machine...after getting abandoned on project by Matt (lost my original LE wireform in the process), I took the proto to a local, killer machine shop to finish/ solidify the design ( rebuilt). This thing is unbelievably solid, final angles and heights sorted...now ready for a pristine powder job.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Doh, that's really unfortunate. Assuming it works, any chance your local guy can make some more and you can sell them to us???

#11158 5 years ago

Sutol I think some of our fellow Bat fans need your ramp man!

#11159 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Doh, that's really unfortunate. Assuming it works, any chance your local guy can make some more and you can sell them to us???

I'll certainly ask him. Don't want to promise anything after last time. At least I've dealt w this company for years....If he says yes, he won't back out.

#11160 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll certainly ask him. Don't want to promise anything after last time. At least I've dealt w this company for years....If he says yes, he won't back out.

Thanks MK. Happy to get it powder-coated locally.

#11161 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lowes sells these:

681035014264lg (resized).jpg681035014264lg (resized).jpg

Or maybe you can by one if these cameras slightly used.

GQCwKem (resized).jpgGQCwKem (resized).jpg

#11162 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lowes sells these:
[quoted image]
Or maybe you can by one if these cameras slightly used.
[quoted image]

Lol I could get that and offset the cost with paid Expo exams! Great business opportunity and way to meet new friends!!

#11163 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

sutol I think some of our fellow Bat fans need your ramp man!

Just got off the phone to him.Actually he did ours at his work with his mate doing the welding.
Tried to get him to do some more but he doesn't have the time.
Bit gutted as I'd of loved to get more out there.

#11164 5 years ago

Today is Hallmark ornament day for 2018. Get your limited edition Riddlers before they are gone . My local store only had three. I will say that the Batcycle with Batman and Robin on it is very nice!

#11165 5 years ago

Where can I buy a topper with the bat signal? Also, where is the best place to buy mirror blades? (The mirror blades are a bit different on this game than earlier Sterns right?). Thanks!

#11166 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where can I buy a topper with the bat signal? Also, where is the best place to buy mirror blades? (The mirror blades are a bit different on this game than earlier Sterns right?). Thanks!

I just bought my topper from Stern. If you have a Premium make sure you buy the correct Batsignal...part SP49 $249.99. I ended up buying @Docquest's Batsignal after I bought the Stern one. I used Sterns node boards to control Doc's one and make it fully interactive. Here's a quick how to...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/62#post-3842366

#11167 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Today is Hallmark ornament day for 2018. Get your limited edition Riddlers before they are gone . My local store only had three. I will say that the Batcycle with Batman and Robin on it is very nice!

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot today was the day. If you are thinking about getting a Riddler do it quick. It's only avail in stores and in limited quantities. I had to go to 3 hallmark stores before I could find one. Same scale as the Catwoman and Joker ones from previous years. Looks perfect in the upper right corner.

rps20181006_230916 (resized).jpgrps20181006_230916 (resized).jpg
#11168 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot today was the day. If you are thinking about getting a Riddler do it quick. It's only avail in stores and in limited quantities. I had to go to 3 hallmark stores before I could find one. Same scale as the Catwoman and Joker ones from previous years. Looks perfect in the upper right corner.[quoted image]

So jealous. I called around to 4 stores and all said none yet in stock. Looks awesome and a perfect fit!

#11169 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

just bought my topper from Stern. If you have a Premium make sure you buy the correct Batsignal...part SP49 $249.99. I ended up buying Docquest's Batsignal after I bought the Stern one. I used Sterns node boards to control Doc's one and make it fully interactive. Here's a quick how to...

The signal is not part of the topper? I mostly just want the signal.

#11170 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The signal is not part of the topper? I mostly just want the signal.

I have the signal only. Got it from the dealer I bought the machine from. You can buy it on its own - it’s really fun!

#11171 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I have the signal only. Got it from the dealer I bought the machine from. You can buy it on its own - it’s really fu

Excellent. The signal is what I’m after. Will touch base with JJ. Thanks!

#11172 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So jealous. I called around to 4 stores and all said none yet in stock. Looks awesome and a perfect fit!

I wanted to buy a couple but the cashier said only 1 per person for the limited edition ornaments. Looks like ebay has some.

#11173 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Excellent. The signal is what I’m after. Will touch base with JJ. Thanks!

If you want a Really nice premium Bat Signal the one Doc makes is Awesome and less than half the price of the Stern one. We offer it at our web store www.TheModCouplePinball.com or you can contact Doc directly if you prefer. Really a great solution with a bit more flexibility than the stock offering.

#11174 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I wanted to buy a couple but the cashier said only 1 per person for the limited edition ornaments. Looks like ebay has some.

Doc, what kind of glue did you used please?

#11175 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Portland Cement! lol Just guessing but Doc is a Glue Dot kind of guy for most mods. Works great and does not mess with the original plastics.

#11176 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Portland Cement! lol Just guessing but Doc is a Glue Dot kind of guy for most mods. Works great and does not mess with the original plastics.

Thank you Yelobird! That’s a lot for a Mod... but thanks anyway.

CA0B007D-AA1A-4F1C-8219-60A2D33B0AE9 (resized).pngCA0B007D-AA1A-4F1C-8219-60A2D33B0AE9 (resized).png
#11177 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I used glue dots but I might try something a little sturdier. I was thinking about some 4-40 threaded rod epoxied into his foot and then secure through the Riddler plastic with a lock nut underneath. There is already a hole in that plastic for the mini batsignal you can use. If you are using that hole already for the mini batsignal you could drill another hole.

#11178 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I used glue dots but I might try something a little sturdier. I was thinking about some 4-40 threaded rod epoxied into his foot and then secure through the Riddler plastic with a lock nut underneath. There is already a hole in that plastic for the mini batsignal you can use. If you are using that hole already for the mini batsignal you could drill another hole.

I’ve been using "U-Glu" to avoid mess in the plastic too, but want something stronger as well. I appreciate it Doc, thank you.

#11179 5 years ago

Hi all-

Been watching this thread for a while and thinking about picking up a NIB premium. However, I now have the opportunity to purchase a HUO premium for a pretty good price.

A couple quick questions for you owners. Is there any concern with the long term reliability of the rotisserie? Also, should I be concerned that the game plays too long?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

#11180 5 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

I now have the opportunity to purchase a HUO premium for a pretty good price.
A couple quick questions for you owners. Is there any concern with the long term reliability of the rotisserie? Also, should I be concerned that the game plays too long?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

No. But any game has the potential for an issue short or long term.

No.

Get in your vehicle and check that HUO premium. I got mine from an AC/DC trade and don’t regret it a bit.

#11181 5 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Also, should I be concerned that the game plays too long?

Well, it does play longer than my IM and Tron, though that's not a bad thing, as those games can be wizard-mode activated in one really, really good ball. However, you'll need some long ball times just to get a little bit through the code of BM66. Good luck collecting a Minor Villain from all three seasons in one game out of a hundred or more. Also, don't let the Billion point scores posted fool you, you can more easily and often barely make 60 Million a game in three ball play.

#11182 5 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Hi all-
Been watching this thread for a while and thinking about picking up a NIB premium. However, I now have the opportunity to purchase a HUO premium for a pretty good price.

If the Premium is like new then make the saving with the HUO game, bonus to that is it should all be tweaked and playing flawlessly.

If your set on NIB though @yelobird has a NIB LE though so maybe give him a shout and see if he’s willing to part ways with it for a reasonable price.

Quoted from raz0red:

I’d say there are always concerns with parts, it’s a pinball machine after all so you never know.

As for whether you should be concerned about long game times... no way! Batman’s code is designed for longer ball times, super short ball times on BM66 would be like having IM ball times on LOTR.

I also enjoy the longer ball times on BM66, due to being a big 66 fan the content of the modes is so entertaining I want the games to last longer so I can get deeper into the code and see more of that content playout.

#11183 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Well, it does play longer than my IM and Tron, though that's not a bad thing, as those games can be wizard-mode activated in one really, really good ball. However, you'll need some long ball times just to get a little bit through the code of BM66. Good luck collecting a Minor Villain from all three seasons in one game out of a hundred or more. Also, don't let the Billion point scores posted fool you, you can more easily and often barely make 60 Million a game in three ball play.

Absolutely spot on!!!! +1

#11184 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I want the games to last longer so I can get deeper into the code and see more of that content playout.

Reminds me a little of the 80's laserdisc games Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. The farther you get into the game the more story you see.

However Batman66 is better since their are many different paths to take to go through them game and the physical randomness of pinball makes every game different.

2956219-dragon1 (resized).jpg2956219-dragon1 (resized).jpgspace-ace-20080320021440498 (resized).jpgspace-ace-20080320021440498 (resized).jpg
#11185 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

However Batman66 is better since their are many different paths to take to go through them game and the physical randomness of pinball makes every game different.

That’s exactly why I love BM66 so much and I personally think it’s Lymans best cider game, even better than brilliant TWD.

#11186 5 years ago

Just saw these, Batman 66 and He-Man combined, is there any greater mashup? I think not!

99DC968B-2FAC-4D72-846D-3ACE88F4B880 (resized).png99DC968B-2FAC-4D72-846D-3ACE88F4B880 (resized).png53F5162B-1826-4484-A7F7-808B4241CD17 (resized).png53F5162B-1826-4484-A7F7-808B4241CD17 (resized).pngD7E5E0A7-8B67-4A8B-A269-12FD164D15C1 (resized).pngD7E5E0A7-8B67-4A8B-A269-12FD164D15C1 (resized).png053F74F4-7EED-48FC-9B10-26D464C15E22 (resized).jpeg053F74F4-7EED-48FC-9B10-26D464C15E22 (resized).jpeg9D59C74B-6E00-4B84-A1A8-8114721AF730 (resized).jpeg9D59C74B-6E00-4B84-A1A8-8114721AF730 (resized).jpeg

#11187 5 years ago

I finally got to Holy Multiball for the first time. It was an exhausting mode though and I must have earned 4 or 5 Gadgets just from so many balls bouncing around. Many thanks for advice from Pinsiders on how to deal with Egghead. The Minor Villains seem a little more achievable now in a good game. My route was Season Two - Egghead using a Gadget and the designated shot. Season One - Mad Hatter, just muscled through the shots. Season Three - King Tut, hitting the shots and liberally using saved up Gadgets, though I'm not certain they were all applied to King Tut. I never saved the gadgets for Minor Villains previously. Now I think they should be saved exclusively for Minor Villains. Also, I found it better to put off Penguin until later, because the crane makes it difficult to deal with Minor Villains at the same time.

#11188 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot today was the day. If you are thinking about getting a Riddler do it quick. It's only avail in stores and in limited quantities. I had to go to 3 hallmark stores before I could find one. Same scale as the Catwoman and Joker ones from previous years. Looks perfect in the upper right corner.[quoted image]

I got one, how did you mount yours?

CFCA1E3E-A733-4399-9530-67429B119568 (resized).jpegCFCA1E3E-A733-4399-9530-67429B119568 (resized).jpeg
#11189 5 years ago

Question regarding the Gadgets, how do you designate your gadget to the Minor Villain? If I push the gadget button with a major villain and a minor villain running, it does the channel change, but who gets the gadget? Does that even make sense?

#11190 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Question regarding the Gadgets, how do you designate your gadget to the Minor Villain? If I push the gadget button with a major villain and a minor villain running, it does the channel change, but who gets the gadget? Does that even make sense?

To use a gadget you hit the bar button for one second. To change channels you need to hold it for a few seconds.

#11191 5 years ago

Hmmm, OK, That's good to know, I thought it changed pretty quick on the Channels. I assume you don't really know what the gadget will give you when you use it, or is there certain things that it always gives you?

#11192 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hmmm, OK, That's good to know, I thought it changed pretty quick on the Channels. I assume you don't really know what the gadget will give you when you use it, or is there certain things that it always gives you?

A gadget is simply a virtual made shot needed to complete the mode you are in. If you collect enough gadgets you can rip through a mode (villian or otherwise) rather quickly. When you say "what the gadget will give you"? its the same not like you get shark repellant or a bat bomb.

#11193 5 years ago

The gadget will prioritize mode shots from left to right and will only complete shots for the currently displayed mode on the main screen, not for any other modes that may be stacked on the same ramp.

The exception to a stacked shot I've seen is that you can use a gadget for the second bat pole shot when starting Riddler.

#11194 5 years ago

Thanks for the info, Much appreciated!!

#11195 5 years ago

V0.96.0 - Oct. 8, 2018
======================

- Added GAS ATTACK MULTIBALL mode for completing one TV mode from
SEASON 1, one TV mode from SEASON 2, and one TV mode from SEASON 3.
(This is selectable along with BATUSI MULTIBALL and ROBIN'S HOLY
MULTIBALL.)
- Reworked egghead 47/48 to include an effect for transitioning to the
next stage (hitting the gadget button) along with different background
clips for the two stages.
- Reworked villains captured sound effects and placement for better
timing and more variety of sounds.
- Fixed the "SHAME CAPTURED" effect; it was missing the last frame where
the text is centered over the jail cell.

#11196 5 years ago
Quoted from HansM:

V0.96.0 - Oct. 8, 2018
======================
MULTIBALL.)

Awesome..another multiball

#11197 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Awesome..another multiball

batman-season-1-2-smack-in-the-middle-robin-gas-masks-adam-west-burt-ward-review-episode-guide-list (resized).jpgbatman-season-1-2-smack-in-the-middle-robin-gas-masks-adam-west-burt-ward-review-episode-guide-list (resized).jpg
#11198 5 years ago
Quoted from HansM:

V0.96.0 - Oct. 8, 2018
======================
MULTIBALL.)

I think docquest called it a while back Gas Attack being the last wizard mode, I’m now convinced docquest is actually in fact Lyman himself!

#11199 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That it, I’m now convinced @docquest is actually in fact Lyman himself!

Holy hoodwink!

#11200 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think docquest called it a while back Gas Attack being the last wizard mode, I’m now convinced docquest is actually in fact Lyman himself!

Great to see you can choose 1 of 3 multi-balls.

.96 there's still hope for our Bat-Climb mode......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/224 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.