IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 374.
#3401 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doc I think there is a tv accurate one already out there, I thought someone had posted it in this thread, but I can't find the post now

Yes here:

http://tmmello1965.wixsite.com/fanmade/bat-signal

I posted that in my DIY mini batsignal thread. His looks great but its quite a bit more expensive. I'm more of the DIY type so I want to see what I can do with the cheapy amazon mass produced version.

#3402 6 years ago

I'd like to track down one of these and see how it works with a modified correct style insert. Says its good to 15ft.

https://www.superherostuff.com/batman/light-fixtures/batman-bat-signal-projector-light.html?itemcd=lghtbatsymproj

Shines on buildings so as long as its adjustable would have plenty of brightness for the gameroom
https://www.groupon.com/latest-deals/gg-batman-bat-sign-projector

#3403 6 years ago

Played a bunch of SW yesterday. While it certainly does have a lot more code and clips than Batman, it's not nearly as complete as I thought. Lots of bugs and holes in the code that make zero sense or don't have a reason for why things happen. SW is super fast, but holy crap is it obnoxious with dozens of sounds seemingly playing at once and the light shows need a lot of work to make some sense. It's almost like they SW started with damn near everything in the game and they need to scale back and fix a lot and polish. With Batman, we're seeing less, but it's getting polished as we go and not getting anything new until existing code is rounded out.

I'm less impressed with SW code than I was after watching the videos. That said, it's a fun game and I'll dump a ton of quarters into it. However, I wouldn't even consider trading Batman for Star Wars at this time.

#3404 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was going to buy the Stern topper batsignal but have decided not to based on reading this type of feedback from you and others. I think I'm gonna try one of these and see how it looks:
amazon.com link »
Its only $17, 5" tall die cast metal, has a full 360 swivel plus up/down tilt. I'll try and modify the lens to be the TV style and see how it looks.

Doc, do you know if this one can be plugged to our Pins, or just has to be conected to the wall?

Regards
Paulo JC

#3405 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Doc, do you know if this one can be plugged to our Pins, or just has to be conected to the wall?
Regards
Paulo JC

Runs on 3 AAA so it should be able to run off of 5v from the machine if you wired it that way.

#3406 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Runs on 3 AAA so it should be able to run off of 5v from the machine if you wired it that way.

Thank you Doc, I appreciate it.

Regards

#3407 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was going to buy the Stern topper batsignal but have decided not to based on reading this type of feedback from you and others. I think I'm gonna try one of these and see how it looks:
amazon.com link »
Its only $17, 5" tall die cast metal, has a full 360 swivel plus up/down tilt. I'll try and modify the lens to be the TV style and see how it looks.

This would be an awesome alternative should you decide to make and sell a few. Even those custom beacons look like a bargain compared to what Stern is charging.

#3408 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Played a bunch of SW yesterday. While it certainly does have a lot more code and clips than Batman, it's not nearly as complete as I thought. Lots of bugs and holes in the code that make zero sense or don't have a reason for why things happen. SW is super fast, but holy crap is it obnoxious with dozens of sounds seemingly playing at once and the light shows need a lot of work to make some sense. It's almost like they SW started with damn near everything in the game and they need to scale back and fix a lot and polish. With Batman, we're seeing less, but it's getting polished as we go and not getting anything new until existing code is rounded out.
I'm less impressed with SW code than I was after watching the videos. That said, it's a fun game and I'll dump a ton of quarters into it. However, I wouldn't even consider trading Batman for Star Wars at this time.

Thanks for the useful feedback. Interesting observation about starting with a lot and dialing back (SW) vs slowly building (BM66). I'm very confident both will meet in the middle in the next several mos and both be highly coveted.

#3409 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I think a lot of this frustration is that we have these expectations of near perfection these days

Bingo!

The collector market must be a mixed blessing for Stern.

On one hand, they can rogue $15,000 for a "limited edition" ... which was just stuff of fantasies only a few years ago ... on the other hand, Bob from Idaho is really pissed off that his new Stern Pro has a tiny scratch on the bottom of the cabinet and he's steaming mad about it!!!

(That actually happened ....)

rd

#3410 6 years ago

lol bob from idaho!

#3411 6 years ago

so hoping this thursday for code please Lyman so I can stream Batman 66 on Friday night

#3412 6 years ago

Yep, I would like to update for group pinball night............fingers crossed.

#3413 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Me too!!!....have some friends coming by on Sunday, and a nice piece of PDI showing tomorrow. Would be nice to clean, wax, install new code, and glass before then...

#3414 6 years ago

MK66PIN,you don't have PDI glass on yet??

#3415 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

MK66PIN,you don't have PDI glass on yet??

I know....a slacker, I've been.....the world will be right this weekend!!!

#3416 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I know....a slacker, I've been.....the world will be right this weekend!!!

Only if you have your new ramp, PDI glass and release level code ...

#3417 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Only if you have your new ramp, PDI glass and release level code ...

How right you are!!!! (going to bump Matt)......

#3418 6 years ago

disappointed rant starts in 23 minutes.

#3421 6 years ago

We need code!!! Please !!

#3422 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

We need code!!! Please !!

Its only been about two months. Code takes time I give up hoping. It will happen at some point. This is the longest by far between updates.

#3423 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

New code dropped today!

You're in luck....if you have Star Wars.

Gomez-drops (resized).jpgGomez-drops (resized).jpg

#3424 6 years ago

Something I noticed on my LE the other night compared to all my other games, just a couple small trivial things, did anyone else get a BM66 keyfob and a coin door decal?

I don't have either only just noticed the coin door decal was missing compared to my other games when I was looking at it thinking about getting it powder coated.

#3425 6 years ago

I haven't opened my goodie bag to see what's in there. Someone told me it would help resale to keep it shut, but I really don't think this game is going anywhere.

{Insert profanity laced rant about code releases that gets me a temp thread eject here.}

#3426 6 years ago

Sucks there is no new code but didn't Stern say they wont release code again on Fridays in case of bugs?

Has anyone else been getting intermittent problems with their backbox LCD?

#3427 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sucks there is no new code but didn't Stern say they wont release code again on Fridays in case of bugs?
Has anyone else been getting intermittent problems with their backbox LCD?

No LCD issues here. Hopefully it stays that way.

I don't think the no code Friday thing was officially stated, but if you look at Batman'66 history, code was never on a Friday, so maybe true.

If that holds and there's no chance for code tomorrow (although I think one was dated Thurs and dropped on a Fri if I remember right), that means Monday is the next opportunity which would be 60 days since the last Gomez Drop - more than 4x longer than the initially stated interval that was never met. Shameful.

#3428 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Something I noticed on my LE the other night compared to all my other games, just a couple small trivial things, did anyone else get a BM66 keyfob and a coin door decal?
I don't have either only just noticed the coin door decal was missing compared to my other games when I was looking at it thinking about getting it powder coated.

I noticed the same thing the other day. No key fob or coin door decal...not to mention the vinyl bat Vs metal smart button decal on AS. Probably due to the rush they had to meet release date!

#3429 6 years ago

I will chat with Lyman about code in Pinburgh next week. I'm usually fortunate enough to snag him for a cpl mins between games/rounds.

#3430 6 years ago

No goodie bag at all with B66. Hard to believe really, given the way this thing was marketed.

#3431 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I noticed the same thing the other day. No key fob or coin door decal...not to mention the vinyl bat Vs metal smart button decal on AS. Probably due to the rush they had to meet release date!

At least we got something around the lockdown button, SW owners get squat! which is ridiculous in my opinion, its such a simple thing but it adds a lot to the overall finished look of the games with lockbar buttons.

#3432 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I will chat with Lyman about code in Pinburgh next week. I'm usually fortunate enough to snag him for a cpl mins between games/rounds.

Hmmm, wonder if he has been holding the code off until Pinburgh? Lyman was supposedly attending Pintastic but no one saw him, in the past he has dropped code prior to shows he is attending...

#3433 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

New code dropped today!

You're in luck....if you have Star Wars.

That's just a bare bone essential bug fix update.

#3434 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No goodie bag at all with B66. Hard to believe really, given the way this thing was marketed.

You mean you didn't get one of these with yours?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#3435 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That's just a bare bone essential bug fix update.

I'd take a Batman'66 bugfix every 7 days over nothing for 56 days. No problem.

#3436 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Anything would be tangible progress. Nearly two months of nothing blows hard.

#3437 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Anything would be tangible progress. Nearly two months of nothing blows hard.

Agree but my experience with Met was similar. Waiting for the code sucked especially when it seems to be taking longer between drops, but when they came wow. I'm 100% confident there will be a significant code drop next...days /weeks/ month. Keep the faith it will be worth it. I was hoping for yesterday as I was sure it would be released for my birthday lol.

#3438 6 years ago

Happy belated bday!

#3439 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Agree but my experience with Met was similar. Waiting for the code sucked especially when it seems to be taking longer between drops, but when they came wow.

The difference is that 7 months later, you weren't waiting for just 1.00 basic shipping code, and nowhere close to seeing it. Metallica day one had code much more finished than Batman'66. It's no contest.

#3440 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The difference is that 7 months later, you weren't waiting for just 1.00 basic shipping code, and nowhere close to seeing it. Metallica day one had code much more finished than Batman'66. It's no contest.

Your the one making it a contest! Met was far from finished day one! 12 months +.

My point is don't worry how long it takes just know the wait will be worth it! Cheers

#3441 6 years ago

You know,yeah,I didn't get a goodie bag either But I think that is for the original owner to have,when you buy a nib pin!You can always pass it on ,your choice! I keep mine!!

#3442 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did you have a bag with extra stickers in yours like this?

20170113_120600 (resized).jpg20170113_120600 (resized).jpg

#3443 6 years ago

A good chunk of the gang is in San Diego, so I am betting nothing is going to happen until they return

#3444 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Don't think so, but I could have missed it if it was a few decals. Will have another look.

#3445 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

B66 may be far from complete, but I haven't had too many bugs on the latest code. What little is in there seems pretty stable. Maybe I'm wrong.

#3446 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I was going to look for him too LOL. I sent him a cheeky email, not expecting a reply but you never know

#3447 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I sent him a cheeky email, not expecting a reply but you never know

Im sure that won't help, he will do what he usually does but if too many people send him 'cheeky emails' it might be counter productive.

#3448 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Im sure that won't help, he will do what he usually does but if too many people send him 'cheeky emails' it might be counter productive.

Yeah buying him a beer in person is a better way to ask a cheeky question about the code, buy him 10 beers and you might even get him to spill everything he has planned for the code

#3449 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I don't have any of those decals

Looks like I'll have to add that to my list of issues

#3450 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don't have any of those decals

Is yours an LE? Maybe it was a LE vs Premium differentiator?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.