New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,329 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,526 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

51FD26F2-40F7-46FA-8F2A-2F0C7F96E4C1 (resized).jpeg
20201127_111855 (resized).jpg
20201127_111534 (resized).jpg
20201127_111524 (resized).jpg
20201127_111510 (resized).jpg
20201120_151227 (resized).jpg
20201127_111801 (resized).jpg
20201127_111820 (resized).jpg
BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg
22440D00-724D-4C9E-A7C5-8377BDDC01A1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16329 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 327.
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Been playing mine a lot today and so far just one issue and its driving me nuts. Ball couldnt get out of the crane scoop. After closer inspection I saw a screw in the bottom if the scoop. Ive combed over the entire playfield but cant figure out where the heck that screw came from.

Most likely one of the two screws holding the Batmobile on the round plastic piece. Stern used two washers, one under the car and another under the plastic. The screw is not long enough and both screws may fall out. Two things to do to correct the issue: 1. Use one washer under the car for each screw, discard the other. 2. Small amount of your favorite glue in the screw hole.

#602 3 years ago

I rembered your post and that was the first place I looked. Seems like the clesr plastics on the catwomans ramp have been loose on some machines but mine were all there. Still looking. I hope its not from the deep bowels of the turntable mech.

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Been playing mine a lot today and so far just one issue and its driving me nuts. Ball couldnt get out of the crane scoop. After closer inspection I saw a screw in the bottom if the scoop. Ive combed over the entire playfield but cant figure out where the heck that screw came from.

I just found a screw under my batmobile. I finally figured out it was mounted UNDER the batmobile into the plastic. This is probably going to be a problem on everyone's machine, but easily fixed. I'm going to use some sort of permanent glue to keep the screw in.

#604 3 years ago

I'm in today as well.
Premium. 1st game screw from under batmobile and washer went flying lol.
Get those screws glued in guys, only matter of time
Can't wait to put more time on this.

#605 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I'm in today as well.
Premium. 1st game screw from under batmobile and washer went flying lol.
Get those screws glued in guys, only matter of time
Can't wait to put more time on this.

Is your apron card signed by Adam or no sig ?

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Is your apron card signed by Adam or no sig ?

no sig.

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is probably going to be a problem on everyone's machine

Yep, seems to be heading to a huge percentage of fail on this one. I suspect there's not much for the screw to bite into inside the Bat Mobile. Eventually, someone is going to get serious damage to their playfield from one of those screws being wedged between the rotating mechanism and their playfield. That's where I found mine, but thankfully, I didn't see any damage to my playfield. Glue is probably the only alternative in this case. Stern gets an 'F' on this one, but fortunately it's an easy fix. I like your idea to add spotlights to the playfield. They should have come from the factory.

#608 3 years ago

If that's not it, check the right cat woman ramp. The left screw goes into a standoff. Mine fell out of the bottom of the standoff (under the ramp). I put a little blue loctite on the screw, held it from under the ramp and tightened the standoff.

Screenshot_2017-01-14-07-05-38 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_2017-01-14-07-05-12 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_2017-01-14-07-04-47 (resized).jpg

#609 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

If I understand you correctly, same here. I had to add my own from my spares. It was a pain in the butt to install blindly due to the position. I doubt anyone gets that screw installed from Stern because the post will sit there fairly well as long as the screw on the other side remains tightly in place. Mind did not...

That's the one....

#610 3 years ago

On my batman66 I cannot download the new code. Apparently node 1 is not activated. Does anyone know how to do this? It is the cabinet node. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

image (resized).jpg

IMG_1222 (resized).JPG

#611 3 years ago

LE Episode #62 here.

Special thanks to PinballSupernova for the video of my machine.

#612 3 years ago

Here's a pic of the machine screw that was in my scoop. Its 1/4" with a lock washer on it. Since it not pointy on the end it must go into metal. I also couldn't find a matching flat washer anywhere loose in the game. I thought I'd find out where it went this morning with a fresh set of eyes but I can't see any missing screws anywhere. Looked in all the recommended places; cat woman ramps, bottom of posts under cat woman ramps, under batmobile, etc no luck.

Maybe it was just an extra screw that was never attached to anything. If that was the case I guess thats why there's not a matching flat washer.

screw2 (resized).jpg

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

If that's not it, check the right cat woman ramp. The left screw goes into a standoff. Mine fell out of the bottom of the standoff (under the ramp). I put a little blue loctite on the screw, held it from under the ramp and tightened the standoff.

ha, my left screw was ok, but the right side of the ramp was real loose. So basically a bunch of screws will need some glue attention.

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here's a pic of the machine screw that was in my scoop. Its 1/4" with a lock washer on it. Since it not pointy on the end it must go into metal. I also couldn't find a matching flat washer anywhere loose in the game. I thought I'd find out where it went this morning with a fresh set of eyes but I can't see any missing screws anywhere. Looked in all the recommended places; cat woman ramps, bottom of posts under cat woman ramps, under batmobile, etc no luck.
Maybe it was just an extra screw that was never attached to anything. If that was the case I guess thats why there's not a matching flat washer.

I'll bet it's the one that goes under the right ramp post, right in front of the pops...very tough spot to get to

#615 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll bet it's the one that goes under the right ramp post, right in front of the pops...very tough spot to get to

Are you are talking about the left side of the right ramp where the top of the post holds the left side of the clear plastic air ball protector and there is a screw on the bottom of that post?

If so thats not it, checked there already and can feel the screw head on the bottom of the post.

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That would have been my thought as well. If not that, it could just be one that fell during assembly but was never fished out. I similarly found a small nut but never figured out where it went. They really threw these games together in a hurry.

#617 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Are you are talking about the left side of the right ramp where the top of the post holds the left side of the clear plastic air ball protector and there is a screw on the bottom of that post?
If so thats not it, checked there already and can feel the screw head on the bottom of the post.

Yep...mine was gone...hmmm.....I'll have to think of where I found some other hidden spots....was pretty surprised when I changed all the rubbers ( had to dismantle the top of the rotisserie) how many Hidden screw spots there were....I had a nice loctite party...except the batmobile...epoxied that one....

#618 3 years ago

Had the glass off today, game powered on to check some of the new code things out....noticed the slings were crazy strong, along with flippers....might see if there's a setting to back those down a bit. I like a fast game, but the slingshots were bordering on the same power as flipper shots at some angles...whew!!!

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Had the glass off today, game powered on to check some of the new code things out....noticed the slings were crazy strong, along with flippers....might see if there's a setting to back those down a bit. I like a fast game, but the slingshots were bordering on the same power as flipper shots at some angles...whew!!!

I agree. I've missed a few Bat Phone calls trying to get control of the ball while the slings were killing it. On a positive note, the gadget stand ups are completed quickly. Please let us know what you find.

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hahahah...had the EXACT same issue, and I have no idea either. Please let me know if you figure it out......lol

BatBolt (resized).jpg

#621 3 years ago

Stern Pinball...Some assembly required.

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Hahahah...had the EXACT same issue, and I have no idea either. Please let me know if you figure it out......lol

Figured it out. 1st bolt was off the bottom of the standoff post holding up the Cat statue. How did I find it you ask? Playing game #2 and another bolt comes whizzing down the playfield! I looked up and the cat had fallen and he couldn't get up.......looks like whomever was to tighten those bolts was outside smoking some Bat Blunts.......

BatBolt2 (resized).jpg

#623 3 years ago

Maybe the loose stuff is you guys not getting it put back together right?

Re rubbering is a tough job!

I guess i'll do that first thing on mine when i get it. Make sure everything is tightened up and in place while changing out rubber.

#624 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

LE Episode #62 here.
Special thanks to PinballSupernova for the video of my machine.
ยป YouTube video

The video has some nice split screen of the LCD and playfield action (about the last third of the video). Not on the 0.65 code level, but still useful.

#625 3 years ago

I'm thinking of replacing the stock rubbers with some colored one. Anyone have a suggestion on brand and/or colors that would work well with the game?

#626 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The video has some nice split screen of the LCD and playfield action (about the last third of the video). Not on the 0.65 code level, but still useful.

As the code matures, more video of the machine being played will be posted.

#627 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe the loose stuff is you guys not getting it put back together right?
Re rubbering is a tough job!
I guess i'll do that first thing on mine when i get it. Make sure everything is tightened up and in place while changing out rubber.

Completely agree, and believe it's a wise first step on this machine...

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm thinking of replacing the stock rubbers with some colored one. Anyone have a suggestion on brand and/or colors that would work well with the game?

I have Titan clear and blue flipper rings ready to go once my game arrives. But with all the colors on this machine the possibilities are endless.

#629 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ended up settling on the darker blue for sleeves and flippers, clear everywhere else...looks great...there are rubbers inside that rotisserie, so be prepared for a nice afternoon of work....don't forget the loctite!!! Titan, of course...

#630 3 years ago

Got any pics MK of the clear rubbers? I haven't seen the clear titans in person.

#631 3 years ago

Just reassembled my car on the spinner. All I had was krazy glue but that should the job. Also refastened and glued the screws on the ramps by the cats.

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Got any pics MK of the clear rubbers? I haven't seen the clear titans in person.

Will post some pics a bit later....clear is awesome imho on this, and many machines, as it really lets the lights through, and playfield seems to " glow" showing off the colors...really like them...I think blue just edged out the purple for me on the flippers and sleeves, but you're right.... several colors could probably work...personal taste I suppose...

#633 3 years ago

Has anyone sourced a set of playfield spotlights/leds to brighten up the playfield, or thought through their placement yet?

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Figured it out. 1st bolt was off the bottom of the standoff post holding up the Cat statue. How did I find it you ask? Playing game #2 and another bolt comes whizzing down the playfield! I looked up and the cat had fallen and he couldn't get up.......looks like whomever was to tighten those bolts was outside smoking some Bat Blunts.......

"Righty Tighty.....Lefty Loosey"

New sign at Stern's lunch room next to the other safety stuff....

#635 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Has anyone sourced a set of playfield spotlights/leds to brighten up the playfield, or thought through their placement yet?

Pinballife for the goodies ( spot housing, extender shafts, etc., coin taker or comet for the leds

#636 3 years ago

Ok....some pics as promised...I mentioned my machine is still at the office, so I went down to play a few games, take some pics, and make some definitive opinions ....here's what I can share:

a) Pulled the glass, close inspection of playfield. Game has about 200 plays already ( employees love it), and I can say definitively that the dimpling is very, very similiar to my other sterns...looked very closely, and there are no craters, and it appears it's going to " settle in" just fine. Super glossy, mirror play fields certainly make the " breaking in" process more noticeable initially, but putting the " crater effect" out of my head for my game....it's wearing fine. No ghosting or raised inserts ( used my eyes and hand) . Overall, still looks great....check.

b) The following pics will show the clear flipper rubber on the slings, and blue sleeves. First pics were in a dark room. For my tastes, this game NEEDS the spots ( it will be in a dark location). I'll be mounting 4 ( two forward, two back, lighting the flipper area). The game is too colorful not to bring the playfield up a notch, lightwise. The rest of the pics were with overhead lights on, so you can still see the color scheme. Hope this helps some of you:

First 2, lights off, 3rd, lights on

IMG_1472 (resized).JPG
IMG_1473 (resized).JPG
IMG_1474 (resized).JPG

#637 3 years ago

Lights on ( you can see the reflection of overhead light in one of them glass OFF, btw, so that reflection off the clear!!!)

IMG_1475 (resized).JPG
IMG_1476 (resized).JPG
IMG_1477 (resized).JPG
IMG_1478 (resized).JPG
IMG_1479 (resized).JPG

#638 3 years ago

I'm really starting to dig this machine!!!....when Lyman is done, it's going to be deadly...

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm really starting to dig this machine!!!....when Lyman is done, it's going to be deadly...

Those clear rubbers are lovely. I also like the flipper rubber color. Nice job!

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Effing embarrassing. Bought BM66 and feeling better every day about decision to invest in dialed In. Flame away.

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Effing embarrassing. Bought BM66 and feeling better every day about decision to invest in dialed In. Flame away.

Why would anyone flame you? You were able to buy BM66 and Dialed In. Congrats, I'm jealous.

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Why would anyone flame you? You were able to buy BM66 and Dialed In. Congrats, I'm jealous.

Just give it some time.

#643 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

No reason for anyone to flame you for that...JJP makes some great machines. Buy what YOU want, ignore the rest. It's not a title I would own ( and got the chance to play it at expo), but hope you're thrilled with it....enjoy your hobby!!!

#644 3 years ago

Anyone else install the cliffy for the scoop yet?

I'm not taking any chances with mine.

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No reason for anyone to flame you for that...JJP makes some great machines. Buy what YOU want, ignore the rest. It's not a title I would own ( and got the chance to play it at expo), but hope you're thrilled with it....enjoy your hobby!!!

I wanted both and am disappointed in one. just crazy an $8k plus game has countless screws rolling around playfield. Total BS. Sorry

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I wanted both and am disappointed in one. just crazy an $8k plus game has countless screws rolling around playfield. Total BS. Sorry

No apologies needed, I will say...ALL machines have issues, including NIB. You'll find horror stories everywhere. I generally don't post negativity ( especially in club threads), but can say I'd prefer tightening screws on a theme/ machine that I want, as opposed to some of the other problems I've seen on other machines ( much, much, much more serious).

Hope you find what you want....Dialed in will NEVER be in my lineup, based strictly on theme, even if it was playing itself out of the box. Last I bring up that theme in this thread.

#647 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Do you have a DI yet?

#648 3 years ago

Those clear rubbers look awesome MK, they almost glow, can see what you mean about them letting the light out, those are titan rubbers? I may have to give them a try. Like the cliffy coloured sleeves too but like you said literally any colour would work on this game, I was looking at your pics thinking blue looks great, but yellow would work, so would red, then again purple would too

#649 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Those clear rubbers look awesome MK, they almost glow, can see what you mean about them letting the light out, those are titan rubbers? I may have to give them a try. Like the cliffy coloured sleeves too but like you said literally any colour would work on this game, I was looking at your pics thinking blue looks great, but yellow would work, so would red, then again purple would too

Once you go Titan, there's no going back....warning...there are rubbers in the middle of the rotisserie, between the " layers". I cleared everything, including those..nice little glow in there now, too, but not for the weak of heart to get to...I was on a loctite quest anyway, so it all worked out....

#650 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone else install the cliffy for the scoop yet?
I'm not taking any chances with mine.

Ice has talked me out of it...if I develop a chip, I'll put the Cliffys in, and blame him endlessly ( he won't care...)..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
$ 7.95
There are 16329 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 327.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside