Topic Stats

• 14,857 posts
  • 556 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by JMCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 217 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,194 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bm (resized).JPG
IMG_20191108_154810 (resized).jpg
IMG_4232 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20180726020815 (resized).png
20191107_000815 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182831 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182937 (resized).jpg
281E2867-5CB3-40C4-84EC-E3F303FD9D4C (resized).jpeg
DF7C65B3-A8FC-4D7E-9AC6-9D18A716E1F6 (resized).jpeg
9B8B0743-4C58-4970-A3CB-430C73ABAE85 (resized).jpeg
3FCFAF96-10A4-4F96-A76F-2BD745FEE191 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6196 (resized).jpg
IMG_6199 (resized).jpg
b66 meme (resized).jpg
8070248B-4F30-4C58-AA8F-1F76BE819A1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 14857 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 298.
#1801 2 years ago

Oops, wrong thread...

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'd buy one if I could understand enough German to order one ...

if you open it in with google chrome browser a "translate page" option appears in the upper right corner. Here's the translated version.

bmanshooter (resized).JPG

batman-66-shooter-lane-protector (resized).jpg

batman-66-shooter-lane-protector_b2 (resized).jpg

batman-66-shooter-lane-protector_b3 (resized).jpg

batman-66-shooter-lane-protector_b4 (resized).jpg

#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

here's my TPF booth setup for the pin. overkill ?

Hope that thing has some UV protection built in....I'm very worried about excessive light fading....

What about the temperature and humidity inside the bubble?

I have concerns,,,,,

#1804 2 years ago

Thought I would drop this link in here, thread created by cooked71

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-wireform-made

How many BM66 owners would be interested in an enclosed wireform to replace the cheap'o plastic cover?

Ideally a small top side only wireform could be made to make the beginning of the ramps complete/full wireforms, it would also be the most cost effective option, but if it had to be a complete replacement wireform would people still be interested at the added expense?

Reason I ask is since I decided to stay in on my BMLE its something I have already begun looking into and will certainly pursue for my own game, then I spotted cooked71 thread and realised I am obviously not the only one with this idea.

#1805 2 years ago

I just used my handy self adhesive felt to protect shooter lane.

I've done nothing else to it yet as far as protection goes. I'll add some cling vinyl in the ramp drops.

What about the scoop? Mylar for that area anybody?

#1806 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just used my handy self adhesive felt to protect shooter lane.
I've done nothing else to it yet as far as protection goes. I'll add some cling vinyl in the ramp drops.
What about the scoop? Mylar for that area anybody?

The magnet needs Mylar.

Cliffy has a scoop protector for the game.

#1807 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

if you open it in with google chrome browser a "translate page" option appears in the upper right corner. Here's the translated version.

I got that far, just couldn't get the shopping cart to work with google translate

#1808 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How many BM66 owners would be interested in an enclosed wireform to replace the cheap'o plastic cover?
Ideally a small top side only wireform could be made to make the beginning of the ramps complete/full wireforms, it would also be the most cost effective option, but if it had to be a complete replacement wireform would people still be interested at the added expense?

I am absolutely in. The cost would be a drop in the bucket compared to the price of the game and the ramp would be like it should have been in the first place.

#1809 2 years ago

Anyone know where this screw is from I found it in the bottom of the cabinet

image (resized).jpeg

#1810 2 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Could be from several places, but it doesn't look like my Batmobile screws. Check the cat mounts at the top of the ramps, notably the right ramp. I found 5-6 loose pieces in mine and never was able to find where one screw went.

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Reason I ask is since I decided to stay in on my BMLE its something I have already begun looking into and will certainly pursue for my own game, then I spotted cooked71 thread and realised I am obviously not the only one with this idea.

I would probably be in too, if it looked good and was fairly priced.

#1812 2 years ago

Not sure what you guys are envisioning on the wireforms but count me in. I'm down with the group!

I'm in pin heaven right now. I've never had so much fun with a group of pins as I've had with my last 3 Stern pins.

BM66 is a blast now to me, Lyman is going to crush it like he did on TWD. And with the LCD. I'm thrilled with it.

#1813 2 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Chicago ?

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'd buy one if I could understand enough German to order one ...

Email them, they understand English.

mail@pinball-universe.de

#1815 2 years ago

Played this game for the first time last night and liked it. The shots felt good and i liked the layout (never played bdk). The left orbit shot felt like the right orbit shot on acdc, but I had a number of bounce outs. The playfield feels pretty barren and could have used more toys for shot indicators, especially for what they charge. The LCD is nice, but I don't look up much when I play. I pretty much followed the flashing lights. Turntable was pretty cool, but they could have done better than stick a hot wheels car on it, or at least light it up in some way. That mech underneath looked massive, would hate to make repairs on it. Overall, very fun, I scored 950 mil, but it was on 5 ball.

#1816 2 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Apron screw

#1817 2 years ago

so many jokes...

#1818 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The playfield feels pretty barren and could have used more toys for shot indicators, especially for what they charge..

BDK was the same, but once the Crane comes into play it takes up most of that empty space and on BDK the later Crane levels/modes had some pretty cool behaviour in the code and some great light shows. Honestly I would take the Crane over the usual static bash toys that make the playfield look more loaded but don't actually do anything, I love TWD but its bash toy over load, BM66 is a nice change up which is why I have both coming now

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The magnet needs Mylar.
Cliffy has a scoop protector for the game.

Where would one specifically locate a Cliffy for this game...that is available?
I am assuming it is the same as BDK.....but I cannot find one for sale??
Mike

#1820 2 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Mike

Here you go direct to the man himself http://www.passionforpinball.com/btdk.htm

#1821 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Here you go direct to the man himself http://www.passionforpinball.com/btdk.htm

question:

if we put on the full playfield protector (overlay), do we also need the cliffy protectors? or no?

if we did need both, i'm guessing the cliffy protectors would go on first, then playfield protector.

#1822 2 years ago

How does the playfield protector sit on the scoops? does it fold over or just stop at the edge?

#1823 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How does the playfield protector sit on the scoops? does it fold over or just stop at the edge?

Stops right at the edge. I have Cliffy's but not sure if I'm gonna install them because of the protector. I'm closely watching my scoop. Any signs of wear and I'll put it on. Really waiting for Cliffy to get the shooter eject done. So far he hasn't had a machine full time to nail it.

#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Stops right at the edge.

Quoted from labnip:

question:
if we put on the full playfield protector (overlay), do we also need the cliffy protectors? or no?
if we did need both, i'm guessing the cliffy protectors would go on first, then playfield protector.

Guess it depends how the playfield is holding up, I had a TRON LE & BDK and I had no playfield protectors on them, had a mantis like design on the scoops, and just filled the little lip it created between the edge of the playfield and the metal lip with clear nail polish, thing looked new after 100s of plays, but I always brush on some clear nail hardener on scoops and out holes and it holds up great.

#1825 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

question:

I put the Cliffy on the scoop before the overlay. No issues.

#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Mike

It is the BDK scoop Cliffy. Perfect fit.

#1827 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would take the Crane over the usual static bash toys that make the playfield look more loaded but don't actually do anything

Until I started playing the game, my first thought is "the playfield is too open and looks a little sparse". But that changed when I saw the crane go into action. I think it's one of the most unique bash toys in modern pinball and it works very well in this game. It's not original, but very few are going to have both BDK and BM66 in their collections. If you have either, you have a game with a very cool toy.

The most common complaint about BM66 (QC issues notwithstanding) is that it's just a retheme of BDK because of the scoop and crane. I remember playing BDK a fair bit and really wanted to like it. I never did. I don't know how much theme played into that (not a big BDK movie fan).

As someone else said, I think there was a missed opportunities by not having toys like "sliding down the Batpoles" or "Batmobile exits the Batcave", but if we just see BM66 as a retheme, George got it right this time and the uniqueness of the crane toy is a big part of why it works.

#1828 2 years ago

Th
Thanks for the Cliffy info!

#1829 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Until I started playing the game, my first thought is "the playfield is too open and looks a little sparse". But that changed when I saw the crane go into action. I think it's one of the most unique bash toys in modern pinball and it works very well in this game.

It works really well on BM66 because of the art, that open area is full of great looking art and yeah people will say "you don't play the art" but wasn't that one of the charms of pinball back in the day, the artwork and draw of it? But like you say as soon as the crane comes out and I am pretty confident Lyman will either port the same behaviour the 3 crane modes had in BDK over to BM66 and those crane modes 2 and 3 where great fun to shoot or maybe if we are lucky and he has a fresh idea even tweak them add some new behaviour to the crane. Either way its one of Sterns best toys and I am glad they re-used it on a game with all the things I wanted to change/add to my BDK.

Quoted from jfh:

The most common complaint about BM66 (QC issues notwithstanding) is that it's just a retheme of BDK because of the scoop and crane. I remember playing BDK a fair bit and really wanted to like it. I never did. I don't know how much theme played into that (not a big BDK movie fan).

Nah that's just the only thing the haters can keep shouting about, I had a BDK NIB and I got in on BM66 because it brought the crane back and kept that part of the design. BDK was a decent game but the single ramp leading to the teeter totter and the extremely slow and repetitive upper playfield killed the fun factor of the table and I am a big Batman Begins and The Dark Knight fan, but the crappy sound package and poor use of the licence with those two crappy ramps ruined the game for me.

Quoted from jfh:

As someone else said, I think there was a missed opportunities by not having toys like "sliding down the Batpoles" or "Batmobile exits the Batcave", but if we just see BM66 as a retheme, George got it right this time and the uniqueness of the crane toy is a big part of why it works.

Yeah that was me
Software can help with that, if we get some cool footage of the batpoles in gameplay that will help ease the fact they are missing physically, I have a plan for my game to put an iconic part of the batcave into the game but I really need my LE first to see if its even possible, should be its fairly simple idea to add something iconic back in with imagery that's also interactive.

#1830 2 years ago

At this point, anyone who says B66 is a TDK re-theme is either trolling or has not played the two games. They share some layout; that's it.

#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

At this point, anyone who says B66 is a TDK re-theme is either trolling or has not played the two games. They share some layout; that's it.

Agreed. They definitely play differently.

#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Completely agree!

Just noticed while watching BM66 on blu ray there is an odd error at the end of episode ten of season one "a death worse than fate" it says next week batman faces the joker, yet episode 11 is "a riddle a day keeps the riddler away" no joker in sight, just thought it was odd and worth sharing

#1833 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Completely agree!
Just noticed while watching BM66 on blu ray there is an odd error at the end of episode ten of season one "a death worse than fate" it says next week batman faces the joker, yet episode 11 is "a riddle a day keeps the riddler away" no joker in sight, just thought it was odd and worth sharing

that's it !
i'm selling my pin

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

that's it !
i'm selling my pin

Sure, just ship your SLE over here.

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Sure, just ship your SLE over here.

i'll roll it over

#1836 2 years ago

Thanks you are spot on all fixed

#1837 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

that's it !
i'm selling my pin

I know I was outraged! Promising me the joker then giving me the riddler, unbelievable!

#1838 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Completely agree!

There were many errors in the box set. To the point where Warner Bros. issued 2 replacement discs to buyers. You needed to go to a special website and enter your UPC code and shipping address. Not sure if this particular error was one of them. Btw has anyone else received a ramp kit from Stern yet? I didn't buy an LE/SLE but would still appreciate it.

#1839 2 years ago

I'm sure you will get the kit, instructions that came with it specify all versions.

1488199889149-1961067291 (resized).jpg

#1840 2 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I'm sure you will get the kit, instructions that came with it specify all versions.

How do they know where to send it? Do the distributors send Stern their buyers info?

#1841 2 years ago

In the past my distributor, JJ from Game Exchange, just sent it to me without asking. An example would be the GB ecto goggles protector..

In this case I received it directly from Stern since that is who I bought the machine from.

Im sure if you contact your distributor you will get the kit.

#1842 2 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

In the past my distributor, JJ from Game Exchange, just sent it to me without asking. An example would be the GB ecto goggles protector..
In this case I received it directly from Stern since that is who I bought the machine from.
Im sure if you contact your distributor you will get the kit.

Looks like SLE buyers get it direct. The rest of us should hit up our distributors. I'm waiting on a reply from mine.

#1843 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Can't tell it's there & it is self healing when scratches, rings, bumps happen.

How do you get it off?

#1844 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

How do you get it off?

don't.

but if needed to, the guy that put it on can. he puts them on/off cars.

#1845 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

don't.
but if needed to, the guy that put it on can. he puts them on/off cars.

So this isn't a self-install and removal situation?

#1846 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

So this isn't a self-install and removal situation?

could be. but i had a car guy who installs this stuff on cars all day do it

has UV protection too

#1847 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

here's my TPF booth setup for the pin. overkill ?

You're the funniest person on pinside.

#1848 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You're the funniest person on pinside.

#1849 2 years ago

I remade the catwoman ramp cover in flourescent orange and the edge gives a nice glow. I may cut some black vinyl and give it leopard spots but I'm still on the fence about it.

CTWMN RP CVR (resized).jpg

#1850 2 years ago

kinda reminds me of a bat-boomarang

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 14857 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 298.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside