IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thundergod76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

960 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thundergod76. You are on page 4 of 4.
#13828 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all... I play bm66 since 3 weeks now. Im a bit disappointed with the code .. it is completely unbalanced !!
In this forum, you have been clearly happy with the code. And i have bought this pinball for that... But the game is broken : you do the same again and again at each party : bookworm then freeze. If you dont do that, your score is bad...
Im waiting more diversity... I return on my deadpool.... This game can be played with so many diversity.
Yannick

Thanks for stopping by!

#13905 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

TronGuy
2 nuts shown by red arrow and the unplug all cables from the orange arrow. Easy.[quoted image]

Sutol Are the 2 red arrows the nuts to remove the right ramp? I've tried several times to find them to adjust my playfield protector.

#13920 4 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

joining the club! just put $$ in for a catwoman edition.
what are everyone's favorite mods?

Yelobird's Atomic Pile and Speaker Light Kit
Docquest's Batsignal Topper

#13954 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Still waiting on these.......[quoted image]

Weren't these the original Stern art blades? Then for some reason they changed the design?

#13960 4 years ago

Ok I have a problem hopefully someone can help me with. I'm getting an error on switch #78 Joker target under the TV. This is the Left target. #77 is the Right target. When I test both switches only the results for #77 show on the DMD. I get a switch "beep" on both switches but again only the results for switch #77 show on the DMD. Instead of the switches working separately in test they appear to work as only a single switch. This oddly doesn't affect gameplay. I wouldn't even have noticed this if I hadn't checked the Tech alerts to see if there were any. I've already done the following:

-double checked and made sure the targets were Not stuck behind the metal separator
-cleaned leaf switches
-checked adjustment of both switches

I'm unable to try and reseat the CN12 connector because it's impossible to reach inside that damn turntable mech. It's very frustrating that something as simple as a switch diagnosis is this much trouble because of the complicated design of the turntable. Any help on this would be appreciated.

#13968 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Question: Does everyones Ball Lock Diverter Flap hit the back metal rail when it's open? It does this on my Catwoman and since it's metal on metal its rather noisy. I dont recall this grabbing my attention on my previous BM66 machine but who knows. You can see a vertical, shiny / polished line on the back rail from where it makes contact. I don't think it's really going to harm anything but just curious if this is how that all are.

Yes my early run Premium does the exact same thing.

#13991 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

This was in the coin box and I’m not sure where to plug it in. I know it goes in the back right corner bye the bat signal light just not sure where the wires plug in at. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.[quoted image]

Most people mount that in the back right corner on the Riddler plastic like Stern did on the LE/SLE models. See @Docquest's pictures below on the connection.

bfe7e64bee84e1f5e5768fbaf085f13bb2b6ec31 (resized).jpgbfe7e64bee84e1f5e5768fbaf085f13bb2b6ec31 (resized).jpgf1a74517454824a67373a8e466e1984430b316a5 (resized).jpgf1a74517454824a67373a8e466e1984430b316a5 (resized).jpg
#14002 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Do you mean the one that launches the ball into play? I will go check. It works in every other scenario I believe.
Edit: all seems perfect in test mode. I am also noticing the right of the 2 joker targets is dead. Looking at that now.

When you enter the service menu do you have any Switch Alerts?

#14005 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Nope.
The left computer target seems imposs8ble go adjust. The right joker target on the spinning play field doesnt work at all. During game play or test mode.
The game is almost unplayable as is,right now. I mean a hack can monkey flip the ball around the play field.
Fucker at stern has gone dark since I showed him the trough in the play field from that faulty upper gate.

Reason why I asked is I had a really strange issue with my right Joker target. After making sure it wasnt stuck behind that metal support I noticed that the switch was set to "Out Of Service" in the service menu. I have no idea how it happened. Once I set it back to "In Service" my problem was gone.

#14016 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mic drop!

#14021 4 years ago

To answer the Batphone you need to hit either standup target right below the phone. The Gordon target just increases the Batphone multiplier. But you need to answer the phone to take advantage of it.

#14030 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
Few issues with my Catwoman Edition..
First the ball keeps getting stuck between the gate under the turntable and the bat cave spinner- when spin it it looks like it is running high and the ball gets caught on the lip... had it apart, and looks like the metal bar under the plastic was bent a little on one side, straightened it out and better.
Now the bigger disk the turn table is mounted to.. I get a few air balls at the phone- looks like ball is hitting the raised lip, hitting the bat phone targets and springing back- air ball!!
Anyone else had this issue? Not sure if I can adjust the height of the turntable or not? Maybe a few washers on the screws where it mounts onto The playfield?
Thoughts?
Thanks

This may help you...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/33#post-3603697

#14056 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Getting ready to officially join the club. My BM66 is enroute. I also purchased a playfield protector separately. Anyone with experience installing or can point me to someone who has? Or, maybe I don't install until later? What's your advice?
Thanks in advance, Stan.

I personally waited until my playfield protector arrived before I played my BM66. Remove both wireforms, sling plastics and flippers. I moved the crane to the center of the playfield. Make sure you put a piece of thin cardboard or layer tape under the crane ball. There is a sharp point under it and this will help prevent scratching the protector. BM66 is one of the easier pins to install a protector on.

#14150 4 years ago

Hard to believe Stern continues to produce this machine without making more toppers to go with them. Talk about leaving $$ on the table.

#14164 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I'm officially in the club! Today was a big day for me. My first NIB and it was Batman 66. Now, I have a huge dilemma. Do I leave as is or take the time to install play field protector? The vote is?
And, the obligatory introduction cinema start screen sound set: [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats and welcome to a great club! Opinions vary but I highly recommend a playfield protector especially on these newer Sterns. I waited and extra week after I got my BM66 to drop a single ball so I could install one. My playfield looks beautiful and gameplay is fast and fun. A simple wipe down with Novus 1 occasionally will keep it clean and play like lightning. It gives me great piece of mind. If you dont like it just take it off. If you do install one do Not wax your playfield first. Otherwise you'll get "wet" spots under the protector. Have fun!

#14172 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Need to install new art blades. Looks like its easier if playfield is out... but I have never done it... pointers..???

Definitely easier with playfield out. But there are plenty of YouTube videos showing a couple different ways.

#14178 4 years ago

I kinda like this guy's method...

#14202 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I joined the club last weekend. I'm finding that I like this game A LOT more than I thought I would. However, it has some major airballs off the turntable targets. To the point where the magnet barely ever catches the ball because it's sailing through the air. I'm pretty sure a big reason for that is because my turntable is a little higher than the playfield.
Does anyone have any tips or tricks for leveling this thing?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/33#post-3603697

#14213 4 years ago

Pinball Life sells a really nice blue Start button. Much better than the stock one.

Screenshot_20190730-220209_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190730-220209_Chrome (resized).jpg
#14229 4 years ago

Regarding the Flipper Fidelity speakers you Need to tinker with the settings in the menu. It will make a HUGE difference in sound.

Pin Stadiums are nice but I dont like how they reflect off the metal ramps. Plus my room lighting doesnt really require them. But I can see how some people cant play without them. Theres many lighting effects you can have.

I have a shooter eject protector on my KISS but not on my BM66. I just put some clear mylar down. Plus you can lower the trough eject power so the ball doesnt slam into the shooter lane.

#14244 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Would you consider sharing the settings you used or PM. I have updated to the FF speakers long ago and never felt the difference was noticeable but I have no clue how to adjust them as you suggest. Would appreciate any input! Thanks

Absolutely! Here's the settings I changed from default. All other sound settings I left alone.
Speaker balance -(minus) 15
Backbox treble gain +2.625 db
Cabinet bass gain +10.125 db
Volume to your preference

#14248 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Wow, one setting I didn’t do that you recommended speaker balance. That helped adding more bass for all sounds.

Awesome!! I think that's the most important one. It transfers alot of the sound to the cab subwoofer which is where you want it.

#14252 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Installed the art blades. Best $80 spent to tie in playfield to sides.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great pics and the best advertisement for these blades yet! Are they repositionable during install? I was surprised to see Stern ships these rolled up in a box and not flat.

#14260 4 years ago

I think next time I will try the "wet" method. I just peeled and stuck them on. They look awesome but it took much longer than it probably should have.

#14271 4 years ago

Sterns topper is out of production and almost sold out everywhere. Again, why they continue to make more games without more toppers is beyond me.

On a side note, since installing the new art blades on my BM66 it gave me the inspiration to put blades on my other game. Has anyone noticed that all the aftermarket makers don't put the hinge bolt cutouts on their blades? Why would I want to cover a bolt that should be accessible? I know it looks better covered but really? Kinda frustrating.

#14280 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Thundergod, I thought the same thing meaning that I do not like to cover the head bolt because I may need access. I remove the bolt, install the blades then with my thumb make an indentation of the hole so i know the size and location of the area. Then I take an x-acto knife and either cut around the circle as one piece or start in the middle of the hole and cut slices from end to end in the circle making a pie so the pieces can be folded back into the hole. I do this with the bolt removed then install the bolt again after cutting my hole. Sometimes its easier not to have the hole initially because it lets me pick the location to cut the hole in case the blades do not fit perfectly from factory.

I've thought of this but I'm eyeing some mirror blades and I guess I'd have to pre drill some holes. They're expensive and not sure I want to risk ruining them.

#14282 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I haven't put mirror blades on my Stern games, but did on Attack from Mars Remake. That set had the holes pre-cut for the bolts. I bought them from Cointaker.

Looks like they only have the gold blades currently

#14285 4 years ago

Looking for mirror blades for a different machine. My BM66 is already looking good with the crime fighter ones

#14292 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So some of you have seen the issues I've had with my catwoman edition batman 66.
Gouge in my playfield near the penguin scoop, straight from the factory. The fucking upper swing gate screws fall out from under the playfield and the gate falls over and starts gouging a fucking ridge into my playfield every time it opens and closes. I finally realize this and mickey mouse their substandard craftmanship in that area and get that gate to quit destroying my playfield up top.
The entire time I have never had the right joker target working. It doesn't work to the touch with the glass off. The computer target doesn't work.
The super skill shot doesn't work. When I plunge the ball with the plunger (odd fucking concept huh?), 2 seconds later the auto launch attempts to kick a ball out (which obviously isn't there).
Everything tests fine in test mode.
edit: oh yeah
I play several games tonight, and the entire time (20 to 30 times), I hit the targets to hit bat phone. I get it up to 50 million as the reward for hitting the bat phone, only the fucking play field will not rotate to put the bat phone into a position to hit. About a 30 minute game and I never got a chance to hit the bat phone.

Too many problems for a NIB game. Agree with reaching out to your distributor. Someone needs to take care of this for you.

#14315 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

that is cool!
sign me up for a set with your next run.

+1

#14319 4 years ago

Me too and thank you!

1 week later
#14378 4 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Considering one the seller says the Crain needs adjustment is this a difficult fix? Any advice or questions I should ask before I would buy? Thanks for the help.
John

Biggest adjustment to the crane would be making sure its centered directly over each target. This can usually be remedied by setting the Penguin Lag Adjustment to Zero and power cycling the machine.

#14393 4 years ago

Looks awesome!! Its spinning really fast. What will keep the propeller from wearing out or breaking?

1 week later
#14430 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

A partly good, partly silly pinball browser mod I've been working on for a while now.

I love PB. I think they did a fantastic job on the music. At first I thought I wouldnt need to change anything. But eventually added some Nelson Riddle music from the TV soundtrack and some Penguin quacks to the crane.

#14442 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That actually just popped in my head today. I just want to be able to get it in there somewhere. Not replacing a sound that happens so often you constantly hear my name, lol. IDK.

You could replace one of the generic attract mode callouts with the custom Batphone one. Not game interactive but itll be in the game.

1 week later
#14479 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How you do that....?

Use an allen wrench to loosen the pinch bolt that's going sideways into the bracket around the shaft of the flipper just enough where you can move the flipper a bit. Get it aligned, then tighten it as much as you can. The bracket just squeezes the flipper shaft, there's not much going on. If you loosen the nut a lot and the flipper still won't budge, you may need to pry open the bracket a bit with a screwdriver. Make sure you use a spacer between the bat and flipper bushing to make sure you are getting the height set correctly. You don't want it too low that it could ever hit the playfield or too high that it's not hitting the ball properly. Cut 1/4" or so notch in an old credit card and use it as a temporary spacer until its tight.

#14483 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Also interested in this^^ if anyone can shed some light on this.

Basically interactive video clips of the Villains taunting the player.

2 weeks later
#14554 4 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

I llike the new Hallmark Bat Boat, but at over 5 inches long, where would be a good place to put it on the playfield?

Most owners just use the Hot Wheels Batboat and mount it over the shooter lane using one of @Yelobird's mounting plates.

1 week later
#14617 4 years ago

Speaking of the left orbit shot. Big thanks to DrBanner for sharing his fix for the left orbit shot not always registering. This shot requires a strong, clean hit. Problem is the ball will hug the side rail and not completely trip the switch. To remedy this all you need to do is loosen the 2 switch screws below and move it as far over to the left as it will go and tighten. Every shot weak or strong will now register.

#14628 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This is an awesome mod, super high quality, highly recommended!

Only thing keeping me from getting this is the fact I think its bigger than 1:50 scale? All my other Bat vehicles are 1:50 and I want them all uniform. Plus I already have Mezels lighted Batcopter that they sold for a limited time. Decisions decisions.

#14635 4 years ago

This^

There should be a sticker under the lockdown bar stating how many balls. No 8 ball multiball in this game.

#14652 4 years ago

Franchi should sell alternate pinball translites for various machines. He'd make a fortune.

#14654 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Franchi cards from the autograph session
Going to replace the price card with it
[quoted image]

Awesome!! Have an extra one?

#14661 4 years ago

It's the Bat-tube! It should be attached like this...
c6a8abf4dc3a18e9f4251eff1b67f2b359b01bca (resized).jpgc6a8abf4dc3a18e9f4251eff1b67f2b359b01bca (resized).jpg

Pic by RetroGamerJP

#14663 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cheers. What’s it cable tied to?
Seriously ... the two cable ties on my tube go around the tube. It is cabled tied to itself. lol
rd

There are metal brackets screwed into the playfield that the tube rests on and the zip ties attach to.
Here's one of the brackets...

20191020_215101 (resized).jpg20191020_215101 (resized).jpg
#14701 4 years ago

Hawks Thank you for taking the time to do this. I also believe that the ball speed is just to great for the magnet to grab it 100% of the time. Minor complaint for such a great game.

#14706 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This guy is 3 inches tall and $10 on Amazon. do any of you guys have ideas on replacing the cat plastics? It would be ideal to 3D print a stand with holes where the three lights go...if I had a 3D printer![quoted image]

Those are cool! I imagine a custom made cat that was hollowed out and could just slip over the Stern ones. If anyone could pull it off it would be @Yelobird.

1 week later
#14771 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Your topper looks good - just not sure I like your translite.

#14789 4 years ago

Performed the latest update and was greeted with a blown Node Board 8. This is such fu**ing bulls**t!!! Both service bulletin fixes were implemented within weeks of release. These things are literally ticking time bombs! Marco has no stock of these boards. I'm literally at the mercy of Stern to avoid having a $7000+ paperweight. What the Hell is the point of owning these machines if they are so fragile and parts support only lasts 5 years?

#14794 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

If the node board went kaputt during a software update I’d be on the phone with Stern and nicely explain the situation to them, they may cover the replacement even if it’s outside of warranty.

Yes I've already sent an email to Chas with less colorful language. Their support has always been fantastic. Even if they sent a replacement I'm still worried about future availability of these boards. I honestly believe Stern does not want these machines to last longer than 5-10 yrs max. They want to keep selling new machines and not compete with themselves.

#14818 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

BM66 updates are always long, so wouldn't count on any future updates being quicker... it's always a good idea to update however, imho..

I beg to differ.

( I kid, I kid)

#14831 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Super bummed you lost a board during the update!!!! They have to send you a free replacement, in warranty or not......keep us posted on that one...

Spoke with Chas who's always exceptional. Unfortunately Stern will not be replacing the board. I'm left to pay for this and any other future board failures. I think it's pretty crappy considering these boards have a known history of failing during updates. Probably won't be buying any more Sterns. Not worth the gamble. All I can say fellow Bat fans is start saving for Node boards. Get them before they're gone!

#14833 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That sucks. What was his explanation? Was Stern willing to sell you one directly?

He asked when I bought my game. After I told him he said it wasnt under warranty and didnt offer to sell me a board. I have no idea what went wrong with the board. I have both service bulletins in place for Nodes 8 and 9. There were no broken transistors on the board either.

#14845 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm pretty sure you will not get a node board replaced by directly calling Stern even if it was under warranty. This is the type of thing you need to go through your distributor for. I would suggest doing that and see if they have better luck getting it replaced.
Rob

I've reached out to my distributor 2x in 5 years. Once was for a topper purchase and another was for a bunch of phantom errors on my KISS. Both times I was told to call Stern/ Chas. My distributor just wants to sell new and be done with the customer. Dealing with him otherwise is pretty useless.

#14877 4 years ago

Hope the CPU board never fails. That's $1000!!!

#14880 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Got my Catwoman edition on Thursday. I love it and am enjoying it despite being very sick. I have a few questions (sorry if the pinball lingo is not correct, still a bit new to the hobby):
1. The ball goes “airborne” a lot. Every time I miss a ramp the ball is a inch or so off the ground. This did not happen when I had TSPP at all. I’m seeing a lot of dimpling already (only about 40-50 games in) which, again I did not see at all with TSPP. With that said B66 is much brighter if a game than TSPP so perhaps this is why I’m noticing this? The tilt is correct.
2. The ball is getting stuck a lot. It gets stuck to the right of the scoop behind the bumpers (mystery bonus scoop). It gets stuck to the right of the penguin crane in penguin mode (when penguin has the crane to the far right X). Is this normal?
3. The plunger seems very week and not smooth. Is the plunger supposed to be weak because you can also auto-plunge for a harder shot?
Despite these problems I’m loving the game. I don’t see it leaving anytime soon. I think it’s on version 1.0003, which seems to be only giving me two modes per main villain. I believe when I upgrade (which I’m afraid to do) there will be 4 modes per main villain?
Thanks in advance for the help!

1. Check the metal flaps at the bottom of the ramps. Make sure the edges are not sticking up whatsoever. Make sure hardware securing both ramps is tight. Heavy dimpling on a new Stern is typical. They dont make them like they used to.

2. "Mystery Scoop" is the physical ball lock for multiball. Other owners have experienced this stuck ball issue. I'm sure it's been documented in this thread somewhere. Ball getting stuck to the right of the Penguin crane is due to the crane out of adjustment. Go into settings and set the Penguin Lag Adjustment to Zero and power cycle the game. If that doesnt help you may need to adjust the opto wheel. The ball on the crane should be almost perfectly centered above each lit umbrella insert. That's documented in this thread also.

3. Weak shooter rod sounds like Stern is still sending these machines out with weak shooter rod springs. Upgrade your spring to a firmer one with more tension. They are color coded for tension. I have an Orange spring on mine and the ball plunges nicely. You can manually plunge or hit the flashing button on the lockdown bar to auto plunge.

4. There are only 2 modes per major villain in the current code. You can choose which one you want to play before plunging the ball. Hold the left flipper and push the right flipper to cycle through which mode you want to play.

These are the basics. I'm sure someone will chime in with a little more details. Congrats on your Batman and welcome to the club!

#14886 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I didn’t knew that one.
Thank you Thunder!

I should probably clarify for the newer owners. There are 2 different TV episodes you can play per major villain. You can choose to cash in points early or play through the entire episode for big points.

#14895 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did Stern stop selling the accessories for Batman? I don't see them on the website. I was considering the armor or maybe the bat signal.

Yes a while ago. The armor is available from some distributors. Best bet for the Bat signal is to buy the one from Docquest.

#14904 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Can someone help me understand when to use the penguin crane motor lag adjustment? I have noticed that sometimes the penguin crane doesn't stop in the correct spot. Usually this is in the 1st or 2nd position from the resting spot on the right.

In your case this is when the Lag adjustment will help. Try setting it to Zero and power cycle the game. It should help with centering the crane over each target.

#14945 4 years ago

I'll say it til I'm blue in the face. Why Stern didnt make more toppers for this game after additional runs on the line is beyond me. Talk about leaving money on the table.

#14947 4 years ago

Mezel Mods has a decent topper. I think the license is so tight that no one wants to attempt to produce any aftermarket toppers with '66 characters.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/toppers/products/batman-66-pinball-silhouette-topper?variant=18410623434849

#14949 4 years ago

Have you seen this one?

#14950 4 years ago

Laseriffic does amazing toppers. They did have a Batman 66 topper in development but it was never produced.

#14963 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just a quick one, what’s everyone got their shooter lane kickout power set to?

#15013 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can you guys in the US get hold of black/sparkle t-moulding? Thinking I’d like to change out the red on the backbox and match it up with the LE black/sparkle armour.

A quick Google search didnt turn up any black sparkle or metallic T molding. Not sure I've ever seen it either.

#15033 4 years ago

I went with the 1:50 Batmobile and Batgirl cycle. Seemed like a nice fit along with the Gotham City sign.

921e5611b23739bdfed6ee3e32405fb458ae1af8 (resized).jpg921e5611b23739bdfed6ee3e32405fb458ae1af8 (resized).jpg
#15036 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Who has gone wild and used this ?? It's sure colorful.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I actually have one but never used it. I was anal about keeping all the vehicles the same scale.

#15043 4 years ago

Anyone else notice this LE for sale? Great looking machine but it looks like it needs a $300 node board. At that price it should at least be included for the new owner to install.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/88143

#15045 4 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

I've noticed that the sometimes when the ball goes up the left orbit the diverter lever does not open and the ball hangs just on it.
It does shift and clear after a short time.
Anyone else noticed it.

Sounds like your left orbit switch needs adjusting. This info from DrBanner solved my orbit issues.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/293#post-5257493

#15060 4 years ago
Quoted from JRM1:

Thanks to everybody for their advice about installation of the side art. Just need to find the time. This is the only real mod I’m making to the game (aside from some plastics protectors and possibly cliffys down the road). I get annoyed when things don’t match right and most mods don’t truly match the theme, have the wrong scale, wrong Batman logo, or something else is off. The blades I got are the ones from Stern and match the theme as it was done by Franchi.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. Most of the mods for BM66 were made by hardcore fans of the series with great attention to detail. Most of these mods should have been standard from the factory. While others have improved upon Stern's obvious cost cutting.

#15073 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Barely a single dimple on my original LE, but it sat unplayed for about 6 months before I got round to opening it and then spent the last couple years tombstoned while I had to deal with person issues and move home etc.
Personally I think the dimpling is made worse because stern are knocking these games out at such a pace we are getting them unboxed and playing on them before the clears really had time to settle and cure, could be wrong but my BM66 would say I’m maybe right.

THIS! The wood is softer and the clear certainly isn't like it used to be. Plus as mentioned I dont believe these playfields are left to cure properly before being shipped. I'm a huge supporter of playfield protectors. Especially with Sterns.

#15084 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Well I had a playfield protector installed on mine... plays fine. Now whats the proper way to clean them...??

I just wipe mine down with Novus 1 and a microfiber rag. Plays like lightning after.

#15092 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

OK so I'm not the only one; I think I've replaced the right slingshot bulb in the upper position something like 4 times because the lens keeps coming off during a game. I'll put a new bulb in, and in a couple of weeks the lens gets knocked off again.

I put these in my slingshots right after the first bulb broke. Never had an issue since.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/05-44W-41

#15108 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ok fellow bat-fans looks like my Node9 is dead! If it don’t get a placement board which has ran less than 150plays I sure as shit won’t be buying anymore Spike based Stern’s.

Is this a new board that has failed?

My Node 8 board failed immediately after I installed the last update. Stern was no help after telling me what I already knew. They didn't offer to sell me a board either. Hopefully you will have better luck with a replacement than I did.

A coworker is examining my bad board in his spare time. The 6V supply is out. So far several surface mount resistors in a row are bad. More testing on the board to follow.

#15110 4 years ago

Node boards 8 and 9 are interchangeable aside from the Dip switches. So far they are the most common boards that fail on the Spike system.

#15113 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So they will not sell you a new board..?? So as far as they are concerned you have a dead game and no repair is possible...??? Thats insane.....

They didnt offer but I didnt ask. I was too pissed and it just slipped my mind. I asked if it was covered under warranty. I told them my build date and they said it wasnt covered. I bought my own replacement. I bought a couple extra boards for my only 2 games. If either one blows another board they will be fixed and then sold. I'm not keeping thousands of dollars of dead pinballs in my house. And I'm certainly not going to keep buying these Way overpriced boards either.

#15115 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Only 150 plays? What is the build date?

J85M is the one who has 150 plays.

#15121 4 years ago

Stern has sent repaired/upgraded boards to customers free of charge under Warranty. Why dont they offer an exchange program? You buy a replacement board and send your non working board back as a "core".

1 week later
#15148 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone else mounted the batgirl cycle and bat/Robin bike? If so where and how did you mount them? Thanks.[quoted image]

I mounted the Batgirl cycle on Yelobird's mounting plate above the shooter lane. I drilled a hole in the plate and used the screw the Batgirl cycle already came with. I mounted the Batcyle on top of the pop bumper. Same location as the SLE. I bought Modfather's one cuz it came with a mounting bracket that uses one of the existing screws on top of the bumper plastic.

Any update on your bad Node 9 board? Did Stern send you a replacement?

#15151 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ah okay, I’ve put my bat signal behind the top pop bumper, mini phone where the bat signal is on the SLE, mini bust over near Alfred which I’m going to fit a small red LED into the head and glue it open.
So because of that I’m probably going to mount the Batcycle w/sidecar on the plastic above the right ramp curve, batboat in shooter and batgirl over on the batgirl plastic as I’m not adding the hallmark figures.
Node board is on going, I have a replacement on the way through my distributor currently working out if I’m going to be charged for it. If I am I’ll certainly be speaking to Stern about it and they will likely loose all my future business.

Good luck with your Node board. Please keep us posted.

1 week later
#15178 4 years ago

I bought this set from FF.

https://flipperfidelity.com/stern-speaker-system-with-8-high-output-woofer-for-spike-2-with-lcd-display/

They also have a set with a 10" woofer. However my set came with black (preferred) surround material not red. Since I was using @Yelobird's speaker light kit I purchased the option with NO speaker lights installed. Yelobird's speaker lights are very flat and require the added speaker ring for support. I'm not sure why the set with black surround material is not shown. Maybe out of stock? I painted the center silver to mimic Sterns Super LE. Best bet is to contact Mike and tell him exactly what you're looking for. If you have a specific speaker light set in mind that'll help also.

IMAG0604 (resized).jpgIMAG0604 (resized).jpgIMAG0605 (resized).jpgIMAG0605 (resized).jpgIMAG0615 (resized).jpgIMAG0615 (resized).jpg
#15188 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I received a replacement set of joker targets from stern.
I am going to replace the right target today. I will have the rotating mini play field out.
I have pulled this target once before, what I believe must have been the hard way. Haha
If anyone has advice on an easy way to pull this right joker target, I’m all ears.

No advice but if you could take pics and document the process for the rest of us itd be greatly appreciated.

#15196 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’ll definitely never buy NiB stern again if they don’t. Seems pointless to pay over 7k and after a couple months it has an issue like this. My other sterns seems fine but BS if they stand behind their product. I could see if I did something or even if it has 3k plays or something

Totally agree. Between this and node board support/availability it just isnt worth the gamble. I have a couple backup boards. If they fail again machines will be fixed and out the door they'll go! Really sorry to Still see owners dealing with this crap.

#15215 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I have been following this thread as I also own a Catwoman edition. If my memory serves me correctly, aren’t you also the same person that had the ball lock gate come loose soon after you got it and gouge the playfield? If so, no one should have to deal with the amount of issues you have had on a brand new pin and I feel you are definitely entitled to a new populated playfield to drop in and finally start enjoying the game as it is fantastic! Sorry you are going thru all of this.

100% agree! In fact I think an entire new machine should be swapped out at this point. But this is Stern and just wishful thinking.

#15246 4 years ago

If you go under switch alerts does your display look like the symbol I have circled in the pic below? If it does that means switch #77 (the right joker target) is "out of service". You can actually disable and enable that switch in the service menu. It must be "in service" or that target wont register.
20191230_211008 (resized).jpg20191230_211008 (resized).jpg

#15254 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

well, no luck
any combination of turning on/off target 1 and 2 d oes not ever make target #2 register.

Damn!!

#15255 4 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Still tweaking these a little. bracket pretty much done. But adjusting size of cat figure a little. 2 different opinions on cat figures one versatile plastic cheaper other fine detail but way more expensive. Cat figures only versatile 15.00 each Cat figures fine detail 35.00 each. Brackets 35.00 pair of anyone interested total 2 brackets and 2 versatile cats= 65.00 plus 10.00 shipping .75.00 2 brackets 2 fine detail cats = 105.00 plus 10.00 shipping=115.00[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow these look very interesting!!! What are the brackets made out of? I'm concerned about mounting the light board to a metal bracket.

#15258 4 years ago

Definitely interested in a fine detail set with brackets. Hopefully they aren't too big. I dont want them to be the first thing you notice when walking up to the machine.

#15268 4 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Versatile plastic cat and bracket beside original plastic[quoted image][quoted image]

Any idea on production/shipping estimates?

1 week later
#15293 4 years ago

Long time no see folks.
Who can help me, I was not dreaming when I found some stickers for the Penguin Crane. Who sells that?
Thanks for the help.

RetroGamerJp was selling decals that dressed up the Penguin scoop. Not on the actual crane.

#15299 4 years ago

biglaw Any updates on the Catwoman plastics?

#15329 4 years ago

Your turntable is not operating/centered correctly. That's where the errors are coming from. Definitely need to examine the turntable from under the playfield.

#15331 4 years ago

I looked it all over , checked all the connections. Everything it tight and in place. Unplugged and plugged all connections back and went to do a test and it did go back to center but then got stuck again.

I'd test the turntable with the playfield up and watch the repeated movement of the mech. I do remember another owner having a similar issue. The white Geneva gear was getting hung up on a slight burr. Once it was filed down slightly it worked properly. Heres a post that might be helpful also...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/261#post-4951799

#15358 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

If you do and decide you don't want the digital versions of the episodes, shoot me a PM. I like my stuff to be digital and would be interested in purchasing the code.
Thanks,
RC

Pretty sure the digital code has long expired.

#15380 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

These two are the Cat's Meow.....[quoted image]

Nice! I haven't installed mine yet. How did you secure them? They're hollow and the bottoms dont leave very much room for glue etc. I'm debating on whether to fill them with hot glue to make them more durable.

#15428 4 years ago

Newbie did it. Been fun and frustrating at times with some mods. Most are easy.
I am all done. Whew. Now it's time to break 2-5 bill.
Cats are up and alive....blinking at times versus constant on.
What you guys think??
Have a great day.

Nice job! Your cats look really good!

#15441 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

That will all blend in over time and not look so dimply sooner or later.

Later...MUCH later.

#15470 4 years ago

If I had to pick one thing I wish Lyman would code a light show. BM66 really doesnt have a good light show. Its terribly basic at this point.

1 week later
#15520 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

So far im really diggin this game. I have a question about the turntable. I see how it works, but is the mech supposed to be pretty slow when changing positions? I see it takes 2 cycles to go from the batphone back to the tv, but it just seems to take a bit. Just want to make sure its normal and i didnt mess anything up when those cables got wrapped around

Theres a Turntable Lag setting in the menu. I believe it affects how fast it moves from one position to another. I think a lower number will speed up the turntable rotation.

#15522 4 years ago

Finally got these installed. More troublesome to install than I thought but definitely worth it.

20200215_141106 (resized).jpg20200215_141106 (resized).jpg
#15528 4 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Do those cat ramp covers come with the CAT letters? The prototype I saw had the words scratched into it, didnt like that.

Only if you choose to have the letters. Biglaw also sells them unpainted and you can customize them to your liking.

#15530 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How hard is the install?

Not very they're just a bit of a pain in the ass. The 3 screws under each letter have nuts behind them. Each LED is a separate board with a red lens. Add to that the wires behind are zip tied really tight. The left ramp is much easier because there is more wire slack. Just takes patience. But in the end very worth it.

#15536 4 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

So, did those CAT letters come that way or did you cut them, I like the way yours look much better

I bought those pre-cut and gave biglaw the link to purchase them. Like DeathHimself said biglaw will hook you up!

1 month later
#15651 4 years ago

Wow...that's great news....your mods are stellar.
I heard the figurines are coming out July from hallmarks site.

Yep I've been able to buy them in late July before.

#15658 4 years ago

I cant decide if I need another vehicle...lol....these are in prime real estate.. What a problem to have...HA.
What you think Thunder??[quoted image][quoted image]

Its gonna be hard to top that! Your shooter lane already looks awesome.

#15664 4 years ago

2 words... Atomic Pile! (yelobird)

#15679 4 years ago

Hi BM Peeps,
So I turn on BM66 and after about 5 minutes I shoot the left ramp and when ball comes down to drop thru hole it starts to not drop instantly and get's worse as the game goes one. At one point it was like 2 full seconds before it fell thru. One my final shot I had to actually do a a little bump to get it to drop...ODD.
What you guys think would just start this all of a sudden? No I have not messed with the wire forms or messed with the plastics at all.
Thanks.
yelobird hurry up an with that mod....some of are bored...HAHA.

Have you checked the nuts securing the wireform? Maybe they loosened up and the wireform is off center.

#15690 4 years ago

I have my slings set at 14. Factory setting is brutal.

#15694 4 years ago

This is the first instance I've heard of this problem. I'd check the wires behind the LEDs and the board they plug into. Any service errors? Could be bad LEDs.

2 weeks later
#15778 3 years ago

Very well done. A little tweaking here and there and the correct logo and it's near perfect. Congrats!

#15800 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am not sure I understand what this means....??

Variety!

#15803 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

What are alternate story lines..??

Different episodes from the TV show are integrated into the modes. So far each major villain has 2 different episodes you can choose to play through.

#15811 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looking at my lineup bm66 is a continual eyesore for my ocd as it is my only game without a coin door sticker/decal.
Has anyone made a decal for their bm66 coindoor? If not would anyone be interested in one?

docquest made a magnetic one a while back. Maybe he has an extra one.

#15814 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I picked up a Hotwheels Batcopter and Batbike. I am trying to figure out the best (simplest?) way to mount them. I haven't found anything documenting this or any mod makers that can help with this.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Batcopter install
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/12#post-3542175

Yelobird sells shooter lane mounting plates for the vehicles. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/01347-batmobile-66-custom-eaglemoss-hot-wheels-universal-plate-kit

3 weeks later
#15863 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What are the playfields like on this? If I bought a new one should I be worried? It seems like nobody has complained about this in regards to batman 66.

They are the typical low quality that Stern has been producing for years. After seeing early photos of BM66 playfields with Deep dimples, almost crater like, I put a protector on before the first ball hit. It still looks brand new.

#15864 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Quick question from a new owner: Is it common practice to change the green shooter spring that I believe came stock in my BM66 to a stronger one? It seems really weak.

Yes. Stern put really weak springs on the shooter rod. You can barely get the ball around the orbit. Day 1 I changed mine to orange. Heres a handy list courtesy of Pinball Life...

Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

#15871 3 years ago

If you purchased the machine brand new and it's only 9 months old, Stern should send you out a new board for free. If you plan to keep your machine for years, keeping spare node boards is probably a good idea. But your LED issue seems to be an isolated one.

1 week later
#15894 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yes, both ramp flaps are nice and as flush with the playfield as can be. I just set it up and waxed it recently. Maybe it will settle down after more plays. Maybe I should reduce flipper power as well.

I'm not aware of a flipper power adjustment on BM66. But if you just waxed its probably wicked fast. That could be the issue. What's your pitch at?

#15908 3 years ago

This is excellent info @GoodOmens...thank you! I'm gonna grab one of these displays for a backup. By the way, know anything about Node board repair?

2 weeks later
#15938 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Before I pull the glass and start looking.....any guess where this came from...
[quoted image]

I'd check the plastics on top of the wireforms.

2 weeks later
#15963 3 years ago

I suggested that in my previous post before I edited it. Dont think he wants two Pre translites near each other.

#15976 3 years ago

Playfield protector most definitely.

#15981 3 years ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

Good idea. I can see how that could preserve the game. How hard is it for someone who knows nothing about pinball machines to install the playfield protector? My fear is taking things off the playfield to install it and then not being able to get everything put back together correctly. I’m guessing for a lot of you guys it’s a simple process but I can see myself with all the parts to the side and creating a cluster before I even play the game lol.

It's been a while but I removed both wireforms, sling plastics and flippers. Start at the top of the playfield and work your way down. The protector is flexible so you might have to muscle it into a couple of areas. Make sure ramp flaps are on top of protector to avoid airballs. Also, make sure you put a thin piece of cardboard or several pieces of tape on the protector under the crane ball. There is a sharp point under it that will scratch the protector. DO NOT wax the playfield before putting the protector on. If you do you'll getting mottling or "wet" spots under the protector that you won't like. Make sure you use some sort of flipper gauge to align your flippers to the playfield. There's more detailed instructions early in this thread. It's not that hard on BM66. It'll also be good experience with your first pin. Good luck!

#15994 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Is the backglass on either the LE or SLE a mirrored backglass? Apologies in advance if this question has an obvious answer.

Nope!

#16014 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Has anyone seen a post that would help me find the post that has the solution to my crane being off alignment?
From left, positions one, two and three are fine. Position four (second from right) is a notch to the right and holds the ball between the wreckin’ ball and the right side. The default position (all the way to the right) looks over too push. Notable because that spring bends from the depression.
Before you say, ‘pics’, I’ll post them once this Special K wears off.
In other words, I need to shift the crane position a jump to the left at the lock shot.

Try setting the Penguin Motor Lag adjustment to zero and power cycle the game.

#16031 3 years ago

OMG this is such terrible news. I'm totally speechless

1 week later
#16066 3 years ago

5 balls also. I play for fun not competition.

#16074 3 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Ya know, I never once ever thought about changing from 3 balls, but now seeing how a lot of you have 5 going on BM66 (and how much said pin kicks my rear end), I'm starting to now consider it...

Even for an average player there is too much code wise to explore. 3 balls just doesn't cut it.

1 month later
#16174 3 years ago

Excellent video thank you for posting!

3 weeks later
#16261 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Haven't looked and not sure where others have placed the Penguin ornament, but this works... made a little wire bracket and drilled into the left foot.
[quoted image]

And you still haven't upgraded from Stern's crappy ass atomic pile? I don't get it.

1 week later
#16289 3 years ago

Wow...just wow!! I'll go on record and say the previous owner who hacked that up is a moron. However, it looks like it just needs something underneath to raise it back up. You wouldn't see anything cuz the front plastic would hide it. If anyone can help its @yelobird.

#16302 3 years ago

Are those full size?

1 week later
#16325 3 years ago
Quoted from pug123:

please abuse as you see fit , the pics are for someone to lookat, unfortunately ran out of room on the playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#16334 3 years ago

Is it possible the O-ring you used is one size too small and stretched too much? I had this issue on my KISS with the slings never lasting. Titan suggested one size larger and haven't had further issues.

#16336 3 years ago

The Titan rings are silicone and don't stretch as easily as the factory rubber ones. Therefore a Titan of the same size is gonna be very stressed on those posts. Btw how difficult is it to change that one? Is all the work done on top of the playfield?

#16338 3 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

I was wondering what the best upgrade option is for the bat mobile that sits on the spinner disk in the bat cave area. Anyone have a favorite? What’s the best scale/size? Thanks for any insight.

There's so many Hot Wheels variations to choose from. It really comes down to personal taste. I originally had the flat finish one with cheesey black flames on it. Upgraded to the one below. 1/64 is the best size IMO. I dont think anything else will fit to be honest.

9b5141bfd3a747429a7ccb409bbc619a0741a164 (resized).jpg9b5141bfd3a747429a7ccb409bbc619a0741a164 (resized).jpg
#16340 3 years ago

Not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing.

#16351 3 years ago

Yes there is a light there. Chances are one of the wires pulled loose.

1 month later
#16427 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hello all you Batman heads. I have been pondering this machine and have a question for you all. I have watched various gameplay videos and there seems to be a real lack of Batman (Adam West) and Robin (Burt Ward) voice call outs. Is this correct? Also, are there any callouts from the likes of Penguin, Joker, Riddler and Catwoman etc?
Thanks
Craig

Yes, there's a definite lack of callouts in the game. There are a ton written in the code but it still remains to be seen if they will be implemented into the gameplay.

#16432 3 years ago

Stern is getting ridiculous with their greed. For a grand more I can just buy a JJP and get real quality. For a company that was on the brink of collapse in the mid 2000's this is such a slap in the face to those loyal customers who kept them going. But as long as people are willing to pay $1000 for crap toppers or $10,000 for baron playfields Stern will continue to gouge its customers.

#16440 3 years ago

Holy Combo cluster Batman!

2 weeks later
#16477 3 years ago

Fired up my BM66 last night and had 3 great games. I decided to leave the room for a few minutes. BIG mistake. While in attract mode Node 8 board blew. Yes ill repeat, while in ATTRACT MODE my Node board blew. Unbelievable!! This is the second time in 14 months I've lost a Node. First time was immediately after a Stern update. This time I have no idea. Ive said it before these things are ticking time bombs. Tired of spending hundreds of dollars to maintain these things. Stern doesn't care as long as people are lining up to purchase. Sorry guys but I just needed to vent.

1 week later
#16498 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Yeah, I had a node failure on a GOT and then I sold someone an Aerosmith and a node failed like two weeks later. They are expensive little time bombs, and that’s the problem. They cost way too much to replace, it’s a flawed design.

It wouldn't be so bad if the boards were more readily available and not so overpriced. Stern's $99 sale on these lasted a day before they were sold out. Why would I even consider buying another Stern?

#16505 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They do but Stern don’t want to, not a lot else to be said about Node boards they cost Stern probably $10-15 each and that’s being generous, I had some boards made for a lighting project a year ago now and they cost me about $15 each and there are a lot more components on mine than Sterns.

Hmmm can your supplier make or repair Stern node boards?

#16509 3 years ago

Mega cool @Scotty_K. Just curious why does your BM66 take so long to boot?

#16517 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

"A long time to boot up"
How long exactly?
It seems that those people saying it takes a long time are comparing it to older games they own, those that say it doesn't take that long own newer games.
So comparatively it takes longer to load a newer machine compared to an older one. Doesn't seem to take BM66 any longer to load than JP2 or AIQ, but longer than Avengers.

Nope you're wrong. I'm comparing his BM66 to my BM66 with the same code.

#16520 3 years ago

Looking at ScottyK's video his BM66 takes exactly 2 full minutes to boot. Almost the entire length of the video. Thats not counting the 5 sec delay until you can hit the Start button. No way that's normal.

#16525 3 years ago

I added a bunch of different sounds/music with PB as well. It never affected boot time. Maybe your custom SD card is faulty or perhaps try a different brand of card.

2 weeks later
#16549 3 years ago

Those node service bulletin fixes are a joke. Both of my boards failed with the fixes already in place. And my failures had nothing to do with them. These are throw away boards that are inflated to ridiculous prices. For what these machines cost this is just unacceptable. Even if the boards cost $30 these failures shouldn't be happening. I wince every time I flip one of my Sterns on too.

1 month later
#16614 3 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I’m shaking right now
Not because I’m having a issue just pumped I pick up Batman 66
I’m getting a message NODE BOARD 10 not found
Game continues to play but the spinning table doesn’t register
Totally in the dark on this any suggestions?
Thanks

Oh boy. Welcome to the fabulous world of Spike ownership. Start saving.

2 months later
#16719 2 years ago

I'd check the solder joints and wires on the board. If those are ok its probably a bad led or board.

1 month later
#16769 2 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Hello - I hope you can help me. I saw in a thread an overview about the villains- there were the major and the minor villains
according to the rules of the game. Does someone remeber this picture?
I looked for it but couldn‘t find it.
Best regards
Ralf

Is this what you're referring to?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/334#post-6287146

3 weeks later
#16794 2 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Should I fit flipper button protectors (thinking about the clear type)? Is BM66 susceptible to decal wear if I don't fit them?

Not any more wear than any other pinball. Id look into some lollipop siderails or maybe some bat fin ones if you wanna protect the cabinet.

1 month later
1 month later
#16897 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Making my own cat women ramp mod.
[quoted image]

Looking good! biglaw did the same thing a year or so ago. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/305#post-5385925

1 week later
2 weeks later
#16986 2 years ago

Just put blue loctite on the screws and check them from time to time.

1 month later
#17104 2 years ago

When did Batman have rainbow shifters and Bat turn lever?!

2 weeks later
#17191 2 years ago

Wow that looks really stupid.

#17194 2 years ago

I have zero interest in this new IC platform. Won't even bother with this update. At the very least Stern should remove the repetitive "press start" from the other bats.

1 week later
#17283 2 years ago

From past experiences it looks like your Node 9 is blown and needs replaced. Welcome to Spike 2 ownership.

#17292 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

How do I get a replacement??

If the machine is still under warranty Stern should send you one for free. If not, I get mine from Pinball Life. Like others have said make sure the dip switches are set in the same position as the ones on the bad board.

#17303 2 years ago

Yep, check under your slings. Shocking that Stern still hasn't addressed this after 5 yrs.

#17309 2 years ago
Quoted from riddler35:

Does anyone know if there's a way to shut off these additional player icons for code, 1.06?
I just updated...and looked through the new settings. Nothing.
I don't have the Stern Insider hardware. It's kind of annoying. I can understand if it does it on the 1st players turn...but not after that.
[quoted image]

Other members have asked the same but at this time it doesn't look possible. I haven't bothered with the new update as the new IC platform doesn't interest me.

#17312 2 years ago

Yes other owners have had buggy code since the last update. Plus I've had more than my fair share of blown Nodes. No interest in updating at this time.

#17314 2 years ago

My Node 9 blew while the machine was in attract mode! The last thing I wanna do is connect more s*#t to my machine i don't need. Gomez himself even said the Spike 2 platform is so sensitive an extra LED added could cause it to fail!

#17342 2 years ago
Quoted from riddler35:

Anybody following the earlier post about the v1.06 code screwing up the score display...I talked to Stern Tech Support about it. That is just the way they are going in the future. Period.
However, I had the old v1.05 code for my machine and sent it to the support technician to see if I could revert to the older version.
He tested it and said it was OK to back-date the code to v1.05.
I am going to try it out tonight and will report back.
It sounded like Stern may not keep the old code revisions...or you may need to contact Stern to get the older v1.05 code. Unsure on this point.
If someone has a BM66 LE and needs the old v1.05 code, send me a message.
I can email you a Google Drive link to where I posted the original zip format v1.05 code for Stern to use.

I would highly advise NOT to roll back your code!!!!!!! I did so once by accident and blew a Node instantly. Unless there were no updates to the Nodes in the latest code. But if there was, rolling it back is a Bad idea.

#17345 2 years ago

Fingers crossed for you!

#17347 2 years ago

Glad it worked for you

1 week later
#17384 2 years ago

One of the first things I did was add some Nelson Riddle music to my game. Especially to the Villain Escape mode. I hate the music Stern used. Here's a couple of my vids. Maybe it will inspire someone to do something even better.

#17389 2 years ago

Thanks very much. If u check out my other vids you'll see I added Penguin quacks to the crane hits.

#17398 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

so the word is don't update to 1.06 only update to 1.05?
if anyone has 1.05 please PM me. I am on 0.95

PM sent

1 week later
#17447 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I’ve seen a few games modded to have a Batmobile and a Bat boat. What size/scale are you all using and how best it mount them to the playfield?

1/18 scale and use The Mod Couples shooter lane mounting plate.

921e5611b23739bdfed6ee3e32405fb458ae1af8 (resized).jpg921e5611b23739bdfed6ee3e32405fb458ae1af8 (resized).jpg
#17451 2 years ago

Lol!! Yes 1:50. Its been a while since I added the Bat vehicles. Thanks for the correction guys.

3 weeks later
#17524 2 years ago

I have colored plastic protectors on. They're oversized just enough to cover the brightest part of those bulbs.

20220327_105020 (resized).jpg20220327_105020 (resized).jpg
#17527 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thank you I will try it

Those look good,Thank you.I will try both

Mezel Mods has the 5 piece set that includes the piece you need. Some sellers only have a 4 piece set that doesn't include the piece you need.

#17555 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Just tossing this out there!
Maybe someone one wants the Villains topper more or like it better or maybe someone has 2 of the LE toppers! You never know
Anyone interested in a trade?
I will trade the Villain’s topper for an LE topper [quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely might want to throw some cash in as well.

2 months later
#17694 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Is it worth to upgrade to the new code?

If you want the Stern IC Yes. If not, then No.

2 months later
#17749 1 year ago

Aprons are already out of stock. Way to go Stern

#17752 1 year ago

You'd think Stern would have Some stock to satisfy all the BM66 owners who have been waiting months for these. What did they get a crate of 12 aprons? But then again they sell a few thousand of a particular title and make just a couple hundred toppers.

1 week later
#17764 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody know what mod I have here? Came on my LE, but 3d printed bracket broke during shipping. I either need to order a new bracket or 3d print one. I’m a pro at printing things on thingverse, god forbid I have to make my own, but will try if I need to!!! It’s a cool looking helicopter, goes over the left return ramp.
[quoted image]

I have the exact same one. I think Mezel Mods did them. There's 4 white lights on the pad and 1 red light on the copter. It was a very short run. I think it was too time consuming to make. I would've gotten the copter with the motor but im too paranoid adding more mods to the already temperamental Spike 2 system.

3 weeks later
#17792 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Who sells these?

Mr. Docquest himself!

2 months later
#17861 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Interesting. Would love to know more.

Me too!

1 week later
#17872 1 year ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Follow up to my post in case anyone else is looking, Stern support does not have a parts listing for this board.
A friend helped me find the following data sheet. The 53 opto is used on the board I'm working on but some of the other boards use the 58, it looks like the 53 and 58 versions are the same with the exception of a positioning pin. This opto is considered discontinued but can be found if you look around.
https://images.100y.com.tw/pdf_file/23-SHARP-GP1S53V,58V.pdf

Wow! Discontinued parts on a 5 year old game!? I dont care what Anyone says. Stern doesn't want these games to last. They just want you to keep buying their next title. Stern and their disposable shit technology are a joke. Sorry, rant over. Thanks JONESDS for the info you provided.

2 weeks later
#17907 1 year ago

No cuz I think the Bat logo would block too much light. But I do think they're a nice idea. When I did my sling spots I wanted maximum brightness. Here's my old post for those curious.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/89#post-3957587

3 weeks later
#17988 1 year ago

Very quickly after production they moved the Batgirl decals to the LE. Very few Premiums have Batgirl artwork on the head.

#17993 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I have successfully added the Adam West callout to my Batman 66, using pinball browser! Now I don’t know the true way the callout is on the SLE but the way I added it is when the phone rings it plays the music then Adam west says Tony, Pick up the batphone, music is always playing in the background.

What Sound file did you substitute the callout for? The Batphone "beeping" sound? Thanks for any insight.

#18016 1 year ago

Wait Batman 66 code is now at 1.08?

#18019 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Yes it is. but as people have stated in this thread, its the same as 1.06 but they added insider connect stuff and all 4 player show on score board even if 1 player is playing....these are not big issues but for me, I stuck with 1.06.

Im still at 1.05 cuz I don't want IC on my pins. Plus the score layout for a 1 player game on the LCD is just dumb.

2 weeks later
#18076 1 year ago

You don't want the topper on in attract mode??

3 weeks later
#18094 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone point me to video or explain how to adjust my crane that is misaligned. I moved the adjustment tabs as much as they allow but still way out of alignment.
Thanks

If you haven't done so already go to the service menu and set the Penguin Lag Adjustment setting to zero and power cycle the machine.

1 month later
#18139 1 year ago

Nice! Did it cost you a pretty penny?

1 month later
#18200 10 months ago

Stern's the only company I can think of that pushes out new technology but Never has adequate parts in stock to even install it.

2 months later
#18290 8 months ago

Latest upgrade!

20230826_165350 (resized).jpg20230826_165350 (resized).jpg
#18295 8 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Looks nice. Does it have the Bat signal integrated?

Do you mean Sterns add on Batsignal? If so, the answer is no. I have the interactive Batsignal but have yet to mount the boards inside the backbox.

#18298 7 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I was meaning Sterns interactive bat signal with node board…. That’s the one I have too in my Villains topper

Yes I had the same setup. Im currently working on mounting the Node boards in the backbox.

3 weeks later
#18330 7 months ago

Finally got around to relocating and mounting my interactive Batsignal Node boards into the backbox. They will stay there permanently and make switching between my custom and villain toppers (if I choose) a piece of cake.

20230923_221337 (resized).jpg20230923_221337 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#18373 6 months ago

Yes there's alotta sound settings to play with in the service menu. A tweak here and there can make a big difference.

#18375 6 months ago

I think Stern used Jensens? I bought the Flipper Fidelity set and painted the centers metallic Silver.

20231014_133034 (resized).jpg20231014_133034 (resized).jpg20231014_133054 (resized).jpg20231014_133054 (resized).jpg
#18380 6 months ago

I do have a villains topper im considering letting go. But as with all aftermarket sales it won't be cheap.

#18393 6 months ago

They look like the speaker lights from The Mod Couple.

1 month later
#18508 4 months ago

Only reason I haven't had an issue is I've never updated mine after 1.09. I know several owners on here who have rolled theirs back to 1.09. Not sure if its possible now after the Nodes have been updated.

4 weeks later
3 weeks later
#18607 81 days ago

Is the machine level from side to side? Is your playfield set too steep? Ramp nuts secure?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
960 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thundergod76. You are on page 4 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thundergod76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/4?tu=thundergod76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.