IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 374.
#4301 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I don't think a big code drop will be out for 90 - 180 days. Closer to 180 days.

And you think this because ... ?

#4302 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nice try, except none of those were comments from Stern.
The only thing more pitiful than Stern's lack of transparency is your continued refusal to acknowledge that you bought Batman 66 without doing your homework and you want the rest of us to blame Stern for that.

What PinMonk is trying to do (correct me if I am wrong) is trying to point out that Stern is lying. In your face. On camera. It bothers me also, not only the fact that they do this but also the fact that I read here that when Gomez makes a statement we should assume it is not true because it is not feasable. Why nobody wants to admit that they just lie is beyond me.

The problem for me with this is: we all call out that Stern should communicate more, but for what if we already assume that they are not telling the thruth ???

Ontopic: I think Stern is in a pinch. I think they do have an update but not a substantial one as we now have come to expect through all these postings so when they release that it will be all bad again. No win situation, so I guess they just keep us waiting.

#4303 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

What vireland is trying to do (correct me if I am wrong) is trying to point out that Stern is lying. In your face. On camera.

The only statement by Stern than can reasonably be considered a lie is the now infamous "every two weeks" statement. But anyone with any experience in software development knew that was more marketing hyperbole than anything else. Did it turn out to be untrue? Sure. Was it a deliberate lie? I don't think so.

It's hard to say Stern is lying when they haven't said anything officially on Batman code since Expo. Some here have had private conversations with people in the know at Stern. Were they lied to or deliberately misled? I don't think so. I know from multiple sources that there was a higher level of code than .75 in test at Stern a month or so back and that Lyman was working on a follow up code level. Unless some massive bugs were found in test, the comments that a decision was made not to release that test level but wait for a more complete drop make sense.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

I think they do have an update but not a substantial one as we now have come to expect through all these postings so when they release that it will be all bad again. No win situation, so I guess they just keep us waiting.

At this point, releasing anything other than 1.0 level code does little than just add to the frustration. No one is going to be happy with another interim release because all that would do is amplify the main question - when will the code be complete?

I think Stern decided not to release .75+ because it would have resulted in more bashing by vireland and others and because it's a better use of Lyman's time to just have him work on the code unimpeded by all the extra work that the interim releases take (andthat slow him down).

Stern has said Lyman will be given the time to complete his vision of what the Batman code should be. That's what we all signed up for. If that eventually turns out to be untrue, then we can say Stern lied to us. But we don't know that yet.

#4304 6 years ago

I think stern has been not telling the truth on a lot of things.

But me buying an SLE i was promised in writing this game would be complete.

You cannot buy parts ( Decals, Armor, topper parts, Cabinet decals, assemblies or plastic sets)

Who ever heard on not being able to buy parts?

They have not done right by this pin and I'm not sure they are going to either.

They have big problems in the STERN house and the only way to fix this is to not buy there pins.

Its all about $$$ to them no longer quality.

#4305 6 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

You cannot buy parts ( Decals, Armor, topper parts, Cabinet decals, assemblies or plastic sets)
They have big problems in the STERN house and the only way to fix this is to not buy there pins.

Not buy parts? I already purchased parts for this game.

IMO regarding the code, I think Lyman found the monthly code drops were slowing his progress. He probably told Gomez that he wanted to focus on finishing the game, instead of implementing minor updates every 30 days.

Does the wait suck? Absolutely. My machine only gets played when friends come over.

Stern...listen up...I'm giving you some free advice. If I'm the marketing department, I'm doing a youtube video of Lyman working on the game, where he talks about how much effort he has put in, how he thinks people will love his vision, and show quick clips of new animations/videos with callouts. Put it on the Facebook page and watch sales of premiums pick up.

#4306 6 years ago

Im talking parts for the SLE game that only came with that game.

#4307 6 years ago

Sterns a joke and I have no plans on buying another one till they fix there act.

#4308 6 years ago

No code drop so I decided to add on more mod.

I hope the code drops soon, because I'm running out of mods.

IMG_4471 (resized).JPGIMG_4471 (resized).JPG

IMG_4473 (resized).JPGIMG_4473 (resized).JPG

IMG_4472 (resized).JPGIMG_4472 (resized).JPG

IMG_4474 (resized).JPGIMG_4474 (resized).JPG

IMG_4475 (resized).JPGIMG_4475 (resized).JPG

IMG_4476 (resized).JPGIMG_4476 (resized).JPG

#4309 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They lied to you or just told you what you wanted to hear. You can get more truthful information from their facebook page. These are the Stern whoppers you bought into in the last 6 weeks:
47 days ago
"unless I was lied to on multiple levels in face-to-face discussions and visually deceived as well, he is still very much dedicated to BM66 code. "
(you were lied to, but this one is slippery because "dedicated" can mean different things)
45 days ago
"I am sensing good vibes this week......... "
(nothing happened)
28 days ago
"I know he is close on a drop"
(nothing happened)
26 days ago
"Lyman has not been reassigned"
(common knowledge by that point Lyman hadn't been working on Batman 66 full time for months)
Why defend the indefensible at this point? I mean we're weeks away from a YEAR since BM'66, their premium model anniversary pin, was first shown, and still running alpha code. That is a failure on EVERY level by Stern.

You can twist anything you want, you are so embedded in your Stern hatred that you refuse to see any logic or accept anything other than your own opinion.

You have never coded a pinball, you have never coded a pinball with an LCD, yet you somehow know Lyman is magically off on another project and has all but abandoned Batman. On the other hand, I have been there and physically seen folks on more than one occasion, deeply involved in developing this game. I have said many times I cannot account for what Lyman does with his day because I am not in his office all day, but I do know for a fact he is very dedicated to finishing this code and he has not been "re-assigned". Where is your "common knowledge" source? I sure haven't read anything to that fact other than the garbage in this thread. He could very well be working on something else...(again I don't follow the man around)....but I know for a fact his main focus is finishing this code. You can call those facts whatever you want, but anyone that knows me, also knows I am about as brutally honest as anyone.

I was wrong on the timeline for a drop and I freely admit that, but I don't think I was lied to, nor did I lie. There was a decision made later to just finish the code, and I don't work there and am not privy to the decisions they make, nor would I expect to be. What I learned was simply from casual conversations, and I believe Gomez explained that decision to another person who posted earlier in this thread. It sucks for all of us, but that is the way it is, and I am looking forward to having a complete code, rather than a piece at a time.

If you spend any time at all with the folks over at Stern....especially the programmers, you can see a huge passion for what they do. I am constantly amazed at how excited folks over there get about a project they are working on. They may not be able to tell you what the project is, but you can see the passion in their eyes and in how animated they get. All of this "they don't care about us" is pure bullshit, and no matter how instant we would like everything to be, the reality of it all is this is a lot more complex than any of us know that don't do it for a living. I have an idea: Why don't you come to expo in October and the 2 of us can go and ask some questions to get a better perspective? I will be happy to go along and I am betting we can arrange a meet with Gomez or Lyman at some point and maybe you can give them some pointers? I'm game...

My 25 cent prediction for all of this is that you will not be happy with the code that comes, and you will still complain that it could have been so great, but it obviously suffered because Lyman was already off to the next project, etc. etc. I can see it now, and no amount of code will make this right for you.

One last thing....all of this has been lighthearted up to this point, and we can passionately disagree on something as meaningless as all of this, and I hold no ill-will at anyone. But start to accuse me of lying or telling "whoppers" as you put it, and you cross the line into a personal attack. That becomes a whole different ball game that neither one of us want to play.

#4310 6 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

Correct, but this has been the case for a long time. They do not sell LE or SLE parts for any of their games unless you send the old parts back for exchange. They do not want people building their own LE or SLE and trying to sell them for inflated prices. They have stated this on numerous occasions.

#4311 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Nice...very tastefully done

#4312 6 years ago

I'm OK with the non-incremental releases. Every time something small was added, it made the game even more inconsistent. For example: Penguin HS table just doesn't work. Others do. Riddler's Gordon target behaves differently than Joker's. The list goes on and on. I'll wait, but I'm not OK with the complete lack of communication.

It's not difficult to say "Hey Batman '66 owners, we're sorry that it's taken this long to get the code where we want it. We think it's going to be amazing when it's done. We're still working on it and the absolute earliest it will be available is mm/dd/yyyy. As we get closer to that date, we'll give you some more information and let you know if we're on track or need to give you a new date. Again, we're sorry."

That's it. That's all it takes. Then we all stop hoping for "this Thursday" and can cool our jets for awhile. We can wish it was sooner, but the weekly disappointment cycle ends.

#4313 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Nice...very tastefully done

Agree. I have most of the same mods. I did put spotlights on top of each sling. It's not a cure all but does help brighten up the playfield. On a side note I wonder what's taking so long to get speaker light kits for Spike 2? I've seen their prototype a few months ago. Was hoping they'd be released by now.

#4314 6 years ago

I would like to get a set of extra cabinet decals for my SLE game

I paid 15k for this game and should be able to buys these parts.

Cabinet decals
Extra plastic set
Lock down bar decals

This is standard items for this model game

#4315 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Agree. I have most of the same mods. I did put spotlights on top of each sling. It's not a cure all but does help brighten up the playfield. On a side note I wonder what's taking so long to get speaker light kits for Spike 2? I've seen their prototype a few months ago. Was hoping they'd be released by now.

The super simple imexpensive mod to light the riddler saucer green and the penguin scoop purple look great. I'd recommend that one to all Batman66 owners. If you dont want to make it yourself I think mezelmods.com has them.

As far as brightening the playfield up I was gonna go with some extra spot lites but decided to try the pinstadium kit instead. That will brighten up the entire playfield and also have options for UV glow flashers and also be GI controlled. I was in on the preorder for it so i should be receiving it soon.

For the speaker lights I was able to use the ones sold by pinball life. I had to enlarge the holes in the speaker light mounting bracket a little but other than that it fit fine with my.flipper fidelity upgraded speakers. I think it looks great along side the color LCD. I can take some pics of the inside of the speaker panel if people are interested.

20170816_203554 (resized).jpg20170816_203554 (resized).jpg

#4316 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

My 25 cent prediction for all of this is that you will not be happy with the code that comes, and you will still complain that it could have been so great, but it obviously suffered because Lyman was already off to the next project, etc. etc. I can see it now, and no amount of code will make this right for you.

Great post. And I'll bet you're not lying about this part.

Don't see how PinMonk will ever be happy with Batman.

#4317 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

As far as brightening the playfield up I was gonna go with some extra spot lites but decided to try the pinstadium kit instead. That will brighten up the entire playfield and also have options for UV glow flashers and also be GI controlled.

Looking forward to hearing what you think about the pinstadium kit. I put some extra spots on the PF and they help, but still aren't enough.

#4318 6 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

I would like to get a set of extra cabinet decals for my SLE game
I paid 15k for this game and should be able to buys these parts.
Cabinet decals
Extra plastic set
Lock down bar decals
This is standard items for this model game

Talk to your distributor. Don't know about the cabinet decals, but you should certainly be able to get the other two.

#4319 6 years ago

Just curious, is the consensus no code is coming today or is there a chance?

#4320 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Just curious, is the consensus no code is coming today or is there a chance?

I have no insider information but I still feel today is a great day for a code drop.

It is worth noting, I am wrong 11 times out of 10.

#4321 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The super simple imexpensive mod to light the riddler saucer green and the penguin scoop purple look great. I'd recommend that one to all Batman66 owners. If you dont want to make it yourself I think mezelmods.com has them.
As far as brightening the playfield up I was gonna go with some extra spot lites but decided to try the pinstadium kit instead. That will brighten up the entire playfield and also have options for UV glow flashers and also be GI controlled. I was in on the preorder for it so i should be receiving it soon.
For the speaker lights I was able to use the ones sold by pinball life. I had to enlarge the holes in the speaker light mounting bracket a little but other than that it fit fine with my.flipper fidelity upgraded speakers. I think it looks great along side the color LCD. I can take some pics of the inside of the speaker panel if people are interested.

Maybe you already addressed this, but where did you get the bat emblems for the speaker grilles?

#4322 6 years ago

I have free Mezel crane mod up for grabs,USA shipping only and that is all I want for it,I put it up hours ago and nobody has grabbed it so far,it has some glue on it but when you have it installed it will be fine,

I have two of them

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4323 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Maybe you already addressed this, but where did you get the bat emblems for the speaker grilles?

Homemade. If there was enough interest I could make some more. Its 2 pieces of painted plastic glued together with a small magnet on the back to hold it to the grill.

20170807_074004 (resized).jpg20170807_074004 (resized).jpg

#4324 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have free Mezel crane mod up for grabs,USA shipping only and that is all I want for it,I put it up hours ago and nobody has grabbed it so far,it has some glue on it but when you have it installed it will be fine,
I have two of them

PM sent

#4325 6 years ago

Crane mod is gone

#4326 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Homemade. If there was enough interest I could make some more. Its 2 pieces of painted plastic glued together with a small magnet on the back to hold it to the grill.

Interested!!

#4327 6 years ago

34 new posts since this morning I got all excited about new code, fooled again

#4328 6 years ago

Keeping the faith..... We got until 5:00.... Come on Labor Day code drop!

#4329 6 years ago

And there goes 5pm

#4330 6 years ago

I really thought they were going to drop some code today..... oh well, off to enjoy the long weekend.

#4331 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I really thought they were going to drop some code today..... oh well, off to enjoy the long weekend.

With zero communication no one knows when code is coming.

#4332 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Interested

#4333 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

And there goes 5pm

Even in Pacific time.

#4334 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

I like that scoop light quite a bit!

#4335 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Even in Pacific time.

Never a legit Gomez drop on Friday (there's one with a Thursday readme and a Friday early release, though), so that was probably never in the cards. Don't make me post the graph again that proves it!

#4336 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

With zero communication no one knows when code is coming.

Even with communication, no one knows when code is coming.

#4337 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

What have they said besides its coming and stay tuned.

#4338 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What have they said besides its coming and stay tuned.

Quoted from pauloz:

One of the guys on Aussie Arcade asked (nicely) about when new code and got this reply.
/start of email
Hello,
I received your email asking about the status of Batman code. As we attempted to do releases every 2 weeks it became clear to us that the types of features that could be released every 2 weeks would be minor and the complaint would then be about the lack of significant* impact of those features. This means that the work required to complete bigger features requires more development and testing time than a 2 week duration will allow.
In addition it is not uncommon to discover bugs related to the new code or how it interacts with the existing code during testing, which in turn regresses the release for fixing and re-testing.
Lyman and I are personally committed to delivering a product worthy of the legacy of games that we have created thru the years. To this end he is working on the game full time and will remain so until the game is done to our satisfaction. This particular game requires significant effort due to the breadth of material available in the Batman 66 theme. We have every intention of delivering on the promise of a great game.
We are very close to doing the next releases which contains many of the features that the community has been asking for including substantially more video, speech, sounds and more evolved rules and play events.
Thank you for your patience.
GG
/end of email

#4339 6 years ago

I'm very interested

Quoted from docquest:

#4340 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Interested

#4341 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Interested

#4342 6 years ago

Interested as well

#4343 6 years ago

Another interested party.

#4345 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm interested off course, and my Brother too for his LE but we're in Canada Doc... we also wanted to say Yes to 2 signed Burt Ward cards, but didn't want to abuse your great faith!

Fair to ask you if you have PayPal for interested and International Batman66 members please Doc?

Regards
Paulo JC

#4346 6 years ago

Also interested!

#4347 6 years ago

Interested as well.

#4348 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

What I do know.....very good chance the proto left ramp will be back in my house for testing this coming weekend, along w my black sparkle coin door and shooter housing!!!....

#4349 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What I do know.....very good chance the proto left ramp will be back in my house for testing this coming weekend, along w my black sparkle coin door and shooter housing!!!....

Those of us starved for Bat-news will need pictures and prose to describe them.

#4350 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Those of us starved for Bat-news will need pictures and prose to describe them.

No worries...I will post away...too excited about this!!! ( shows you how it doesn't take much for me.......)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.