IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 374.
#4751 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Update. Always positive in production we are ahead of schedule. The Sewer Mag Protector is now available and packaged to ship starting today! You can PM me direct if you wish though it would be best to use direct checkout via our Pinside Market store under "The Mod Couple"! I will update on production status of the Speaker Illumination kits as well as the Toy mounting custom plate soon. All still on track as promised. Thank everyone for their interest.
Direct Link to "The Mod Couple" Pinside market store:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/01265-batman-66-sewer-magnet-protector

That looks pretty cool. Never thought about improving that.

#4752 6 years ago

So the final thing that bugs me about b66, the atomic pile. Surely someone can come up with one that looks like the original.....

IMG_9197 (resized).JPGIMG_9197 (resized).JPG

#4753 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So the final thing that bugs me about b66, the atomic pile. Surely someone can come up with one that looks like the original.....

I thought the same ages ago, laser cut or waterjet replacement Plastics in acrylic or something super strong with a silvery tint to it with the red edging on, from what Yelobird has shown so far with his mods I think he's the guy for the job and could make an awesome replacement!

I'd also like that horrid orange plastic that the Batmobile is riveted to replaced with something more show accurate or just better looking. Yelobird batmobile and batboat mount is awesome with the little bat sign cut into it, if he could do one like that for the spinner that would look awesome!!

What do you think @yelobird? Have you given any thought to replacing the atomic pile during your SLE upgrade quest?

#4754 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I thought the same ages ago, laser cut or waterjet replacement Plastics in acrylic or something super strong with a silvery tint to it with the red edging on, from what yelobird has shown so far with his mods I think he's the guy for the job and could make an awesome replacement!
I'd also like that horrid orange plastic that the Batmobile is riveted to replaced with something more show accurate or just better looking. yelobird batmobile and batboat mount is awesome with the little bat sign cut into it, if he could do one like that for the spinner that would look awesome!!
What do you think yelobird? Have you given any thought to replacing the atomic pile during your SLE upgrade quest?

I appreciate the kind words J85M, thank you. Yes I agree on the Atomic pile, seems kind of last minute. I am working on a concept for that now but remain focused on my commitment to get the Illuminated speaker SLE kits out on time and wrap up the Batmobile mounts to ship ahead of schedule this week. Thanks and I will keep all posted and Do appreciate the feedback on what people would like to see. Creativity inspires creation!

#4755 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes I agree on the Atomic pile, seems kind of last minute. I am working on a concept for that now

That's all I need to hear Dave, I'll happily wait for your reveal.

I will drop you a pm shortly as I'd rather buy everything at once from you, saves me the cost of shipping multiple packages.

Look forward to seeing what you have planned for Atomic Pile area!

#4756 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's all I need to hear Dave, I'll happily wait for your reveal.
I will drop you a pm shortly as I'd rather buy everything at once from you, saves me the cost of shipping multiple packages

I was going to do the same but noticed the shipping was already included in the price. So I just went ahead and orders the Sewer Mag Cover.

Oops never mind! I just realized you're outside the USA.

#4757 6 years ago

I really want the sewer magnet cover, but have a full playfield protector covering it. I'll buy one just to have, but can't see installing it anytime soon.

#4758 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I really want the sewer magnet cover, but have a full playfield protector covering it. I'll buy one just to have, but can't see installing it anytime soon.

i have a playfield protector too and also ordered the magnet cover. you can dismantle the magnet from the bottom of the playfield, install the sticker and put the magnet back on.

that's how i'll do it.

#4759 6 years ago

Every so often, I sit down at my computer and refresh the Stern game code website. I think I'm going to literally fall out of my chair when the Batman update drops.

It's honestly going to feel like I ordered a new pinball machine and got the message that it's going to be delivered on that day.

#4760 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Every so often, I sit down at my computer and refresh the Stern game code website. I think I'm going to literally fall out of my chair when the Batman update drops.
It's honestly going to feel like I ordered a new pinball machine and got the message that it's going to be delivered on that day.

Download check4change for firefox. Open a firefox window. Load the Stern code page. Highlight the date of the most-recent code and set check4change to every 5 minutes. Minimize the window. It will tell you when something is added automatically.

#4761 6 years ago

pulled the ramp and put in batcycle.

Going to do purple powder on right ramp and shooter assembly.

I want to add that bat girl bust on the left. Any idea on where to get it?

Plus I heard code is coming soon, but no dates. I expect it will not show up this week.

IMAG0694 (resized).jpgIMAG0694 (resized).jpg

IMAG0693 (resized).jpgIMAG0693 (resized).jpg

#4762 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Plus I heard code is coming soon, but no dates. I expect it will not show up this week.

ebay.com link: DC collectibles 1966 Batgirl Bust Statue NEW FREE SHIPPING

#4763 6 years ago

I think I'm going to see if I can light these and how they look on the right side near shooter. The batmobile just seems redundant with the car already at the spinner.

IMG_0658 (resized).PNGIMG_0658 (resized).PNG

IMG_0660 (resized).PNGIMG_0660 (resized).PNG

#4764 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

ditto on the purple right ramp. Which color did you choose?

#4765 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I think I'm going to see if I can light these and how they look on the right side near shooter. The batmobile just seems redundant with the car already at the spinner.

Yes! Would look awesome

Like AlienLE, my mind is "comfortably numb" to the idea of a code update now

#4766 6 years ago

had to cut off the base.

Screenshot_20170918-142206 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170918-142206 (resized).jpg

#4767 6 years ago

20170915_153939 (resized).jpg20170915_153939 (resized).jpg

#4770 6 years ago

I almost did disco purple. Was debating black or purple and that one was my compromise...

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PPB-7033/Disco-Purple/

#4771 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I almost did disco purple. Was debating black or purple and that one was my compromise...

Man...my first choice!!!.....could then match w disco red on the new left ramp....ultimately, a bit too dark for me...here's where I'm leaning on the red:

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PPB-6799/RAZZLE-DAZZLE/

It's got that weird subtle orange thing happening to it, which I think will fit well.....

#4772 6 years ago

The discos are all nice. I don't know how many sets of disco moss I did for walking dead but it was a ton.

#4773 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

The discos are all nice.

Agreed.....BM66 has so many bright, campy colors going on, should be some fun combos showing up. I'm leaning heavy on light blue translucent on right plastic, and pure red translucent on the ( much) smaller left plastic under the Cat.

I'm not a color guy, but think this is good for me.....I've stared at this damn playfield so long......

#4774 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man...my first choice!!!.....could then match w disco red on the new left ramp....ultimately, a bit too dark for me...here's where I'm leaning on the red:
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PPB-6799/RAZZLE-DAZZLE/
It's got that weird subtle orange thing happening to it, which I think will fit well.....

Looks too orange to me. Too bright. Prefer something closer to the LE red, especially if the right ramp is going to be a Batgirl sparkle effect. Making the ramps too bright will distract from the rest of the playfield.

#4775 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looks too orange to me. Too bright. Prefer something closer to the LE red, especially if the right ramp is going to be a Batgirl sparkle effect. Making the ramps too bright will distract from the rest of the playfield.

I thought the same until staring at the game endlessly....

Perhaps:

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/UPB-5500/STARLIGHT-RED/

Or just keep it simple w the illusion colors on both sides ( cherry or Malbec) left, purple on right....

The playfield has many campy colors....don't want the ramps to jump out, hence my thought process on the one with an orange hint......?? ....just want them both to sparkle, however, w small silver flake.....I'm sure Matt will bring stability to my madness....

#4776 6 years ago

I'm sure someone could just call and ask Sterm what colour they used on the factory ramp, as my LE came with a premium playfield I haven't seen the red ramp with my own eyes.

#4777 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'm sure someone could just call and ask Sterm what colour they used on the factory ramp, as my LE came with a premium playfield I haven't seen the red ramp with my own eyes.

We can match the Stern color, but in honesty, a bit dull for my liking. Sticking with red to preserve integrity of "LE", but anxious for something a little richer in color....strictly my opinions, btw

#4778 6 years ago

Mark any chance you or someone could upload a nice HD photo of the LE ramp? Would be good to see a true representation of one and not a photoshopped release via stern.

#4779 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I thought the same until staring at the game endlessly....
Perhaps:
Or just keep it simple w the illusion colors on both sides ( cherry or Malbec) left, purple on right....
The playfield has many campy colors....don't want the ramps to jump out, hence my thought process on the one with an orange hint......?? ....just want them both to sparkle, however, w small silver flake.....I'm sure Matt will bring stability to my madness....

I like that one much better than the orangey one. And agree with you on the sparkle.

#4780 6 years ago

Pretty sure the stock ramp is transparent red over silver sparkle. It's an extremely close match if it's not.

#4781 6 years ago

So I'm moving games around to make room for ACDC vault and just notice the bottom of BM66 is nice!
Do the premium and LE cabs look like this?
Just figured it could be something else to discuss while we wait for code......

20170927_154830 (resized).jpg20170927_154830 (resized).jpg

#4782 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Pretty sure the stock ramp is transparent red over silver sparkle. It's an extremely close match if it's not.

Negative - Stock LE form was this very flat, dullish red. both Matt and I commented on how bland it was. No sparkle at all.

Can't provide a pic.....Matt still has mine in his shop (used as a guide to form new one)

#4784 6 years ago

then reds:

or

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PMB-6905/ILLUSION-CHERRY/ with some sparkle (think i did my IMVE with just this color minus sparkle)?

#4785 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mark any chance you or someone could upload a nice HD photo of the LE ramp? Would be good to see a true representation of one and not a photoshopped release via stern.

20170927_183150 (resized).jpg20170927_183150 (resized).jpg

#4786 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

So I'm moving games around to make room for ACDC vault and just notice the bottom of BM66 is nice!

That's just on Batman. My Star Wars LE & Ghostbusters LE have no paint on the bottom.

#4787 6 years ago

Great shot doc....I guess it's the color itself that seemed dull.....there is some shine, but no sparkle....

#4788 6 years ago

Not a great pic but this is transparent red over silver sparkle

IMG_0336 (resized).JPGIMG_0336 (resized).JPG

IMG_0340 (resized).JPGIMG_0340 (resized).JPG

#4789 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Not a great pic but this is transparent red over silver sparkle

Whew...Gio, I believe you, but man, even the pic looks dull in the middle....I remember looking at it when I pulled it from the game...no matter...hoping Matt gets more sparkle on the new ones....

#4790 6 years ago

I think it’s candy red over a silver metallic. There is no flake I should make a test of a silver metallic base with flake and candy red top

#4791 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

SLE here - mine looks exactly the same.

#4792 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

SLE here - mine looks exactly the same.

I should have been clear, I meant BM66 LE's and premiums. Mine is an SLE as well.

#4793 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

No plastic there. The post is there to keep the ball from settling in that notched area of the apron.

Thanks Doc!!

#4794 6 years ago

Has anyone bought any Chroma Nuts for BM66? I've been told I need 6-32 for the plastic protectors, which I got and installed from Mezel Mods. Where can you use 8-32 on this machine? Also, any suggestions as to what colors would look good and some pics would be great! I'm leaning towards the Slime Green on the outlanes and Red or Orange on the slings. Thanks!

#4795 6 years ago

I was going to buy the colored nuts for BM66 but there's too many phillips head screws on the lower plastics to bother. The 8/32 are the larger nuts usually used to secure wireforms.

#4796 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whew...Gio, I believe you, but man, even the pic looks dull in the middle....I remember looking at it when I pulled it from the game...no matter...hoping Matt gets more sparkle on the new ones....

Not a lot of surface area on ramps and without lighting, it's hard to see the metallic. But, it's there

#4797 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Has anyone bought any Chroma Nuts for BM66? I've been told I need 6-32 for the plastic protectors, which I got and installed from Mezel Mods. Where can you use 8-32 on this machine? Also, any suggestions as to what colors would look good and some pics would be great! I'm leaning towards the Slime Green on the outlanes and Red or Orange on the slings. Thanks!

If you buy anymore just buy direct @ https://chromapinball.com all sizes and colours available. Like thunderking50 said there is a lot of Phillips screws at the bottom of BM66, but I may get some nuts for the wireforms, specially once we get the new kick ass left ramp!

#4798 6 years ago

I just picked a $15 purple that looked like it matched the play field color. I'll have pics next week.

#4799 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Not a lot of surface area on ramps and without lighting, it's hard to see the metallic. But, it's there

I'm looking for more sparkle, similar to what is easily seen in my WOZ forms. Not wanting to go crazy ( hence keeping the LE theme red on the left), but want both sides to sparkle the same.

Important thing for me is new ramp is playing great....I'm confident Matt will help me sort the colors out....

#4800 6 years ago

How many days are we up to since the last code drop?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.