PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 373.
#5451 6 years ago

I was all in on SW Premium, but flipped my deposit over to Dialed In. Despite a huge preference for SW theme. Decision was based on QC and coding issues of BM66. It's not worth the risk. My next buy will be either POTC or the next remake.

#5452 6 years ago

I can buy that dealing with video is significantly more time consuming than DMD dots. And Batman is clearly the most ambitious of the three LCD games when it comes to integration of video, so it's not fair to compare what Dwight is doing with SW.

If Stern's general direction with the LCD is "more video game, less pinball", I'm out. But I don't see that in what Lyman has already showed us.

#5453 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

ll you need to do is spend 20 minutes talking to guys like Gomez, Dwight, Steve Ritchie, etc, and you see their eyes light up and they ooze passion for everything pinball

I spoke with Steve Ritchie at CAX this year and asked him about this code! He stated in forum there, that Lyman and Gomez were working on B66 code,BUT,not full time! He also stated that they(Lyman and Gomez) were also now working on other titles along with all the other coders there at Stern!That was 3 months ago!You talk about Elvira,GOTG,and What I think will be the next Stern,Guardian's of the galaxy! What do you think the code of these will be??Who do you think was doing it??I think personally, Stern is over working itself,trying to justify that big new place they are now in!!

#5454 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I think personally, Stern is over working itself,trying to justify that big new place they are now in!!

Does it matter? Nope, put the products out there, charge the increasing prices, make the promises, get it F ing done, PERIOD. No excuses.

That said, I'll ALWAYS stick by "In Lyman we trust" and zero concern about it eventually getting done.

#5455 6 years ago

Also, Gomez can apologize for his two week comment, but the fact is he said it and people made very large purchases with that in mind. I would think if stern shelves this title like some in the past you would have some very mad people.

#5456 6 years ago

Sorry, but $TERN is full of F ing EXCUSES

They talk this, but show nothing.
There is no way in hell that Lyman has been working 100% on BM66 code with nothing to show in 5 months! who do they think we are - Deaf Dumb and Blind?
Elvira and GOTG will already have more code that BM66 has.

Maybe throw us a bone $TERN and reproduce the left lane ball rail for free for the F ing wait time?
Or how about a 10% Refund

This is beyond a joke now.

Jack listens to his customers and so far has ( I would call ) completed code on what he has sold.
WOZ is over the top - Still going
DI is heading the same way. Awesome machine
JJPOTC not for me, but the code at 20% complete has more to show than what $TERN has for some time.
( Maybe back since Simpsons and LOTR )

Rant over

#5457 6 years ago

As someone who grew up playing the solid state games of the 1970’s, BM66 is a miracle, even in it’s present alpha state. I too am frustrated by the delays in the code, but I’m glad I purchased a premium version 2nd hand; $7500 is steep, but not too out of line with games like TZ or TAF, and just as fun.

It will only get better, just be patient. None of this will matter a year from now.

#5458 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Also very interested in GOTG. Now I won't even consider either until I see code.

Me too. Prior to this week I had even started preparing my last available pin slot for GotG, seriously entertaining a pre-order of the LE model upon announcement, despite my growing anger at Stern. I thought I was done with Stern, but rumor of GotG once again had just about reeled me in. I guess once the shock of the BM66 code reveal, or lack there of wears off, I'll have to rethink my lineup plans.

Am I the only one who's taking this harder than I should? I've been alternating between feeling rage and nausea. Seriously, I've been in a funk for two days now, at the stark realization that BM66 will never come close to reaching the level I thought it would. I'm pretty good at math and there just isn't enough time left in this decade. Considering progress thus far at the full-time coding pace, imagine when coding support on BM66 goes to "make another pass," which can't be far away unless Stern delays Elvira. Plus won't Elvira need more than a year of Lyman time as well? And if the new reality of coding is 10x harder, how can any future Stern game ever get to a decent code level if it's that hard?

I guess I'll have to think a bit and eventually decide if I'll be putting a POTC or the next CGC game in my open slot. Hopefully some college football can help break my funk this afternoon. First world problems, right?

Groot (resized).jpgGroot (resized).jpg

#5459 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I was all in on SW Premium, but flipped my deposit over to Dialed In. Despite a huge preference for SW theme. Decision was based on QC and coding issues of BM66. It's not worth the risk. My next buy will be either POTC or the next remake.

Me and my Brother both did the same thing, we canceled two Star Wars L.E. after we tried that SW PRO in our distributor place(didn’t like SW at all, not saying that is not a good game. But not for us). We bought instead 2 Attack From Mars L.E. without never played that one before and it is an amazing game.

Yesterday we contacted our distributor for 2 Pirates Collector’s, didn’t want to wait for the next Stern new bs.

#5460 6 years ago

Batman 66 SLE: $15,000
Illinois Taxes: $937.50
Cool Mods: $250

Pinball machine with Beta code: Worthless
Pinball with kick a$$ code: Priceless

#5461 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

put a little Williams music on/in it.

Was I the only one thinking about some of those jams like they used on No Fear or Judge Dredd?

#5462 6 years ago

Ok....back to mods....updated coin door, shooter housing pics w sparkle and chrome coin housings ( yes, I went to far w 2 of the screws, hence the matching dimples...don’t judge me.......

This is an absolute gorgeous combo, as you can even see the glitter reflect of the coin housings in a couple of these....highly recommend ( powdercoat, of course):

1E39FE2D-3B29-4DEF-87F2-1EB0C646C4AF (resized).jpeg1E39FE2D-3B29-4DEF-87F2-1EB0C646C4AF (resized).jpeg

CA7F0939-6E29-4E40-9750-D620A6D8D819 (resized).jpegCA7F0939-6E29-4E40-9750-D620A6D8D819 (resized).jpeg

39294640-AAAF-4E2E-9704-63342CD19E70 (resized).jpeg39294640-AAAF-4E2E-9704-63342CD19E70 (resized).jpeg

8DAF2ED8-F2EB-4EAC-8A36-C768E52589BC (resized).jpeg8DAF2ED8-F2EB-4EAC-8A36-C768E52589BC (resized).jpeg

A00CF451-7FF3-4AC4-B6B9-046DD590BCE1 (resized).jpegA00CF451-7FF3-4AC4-B6B9-046DD590BCE1 (resized).jpeg

#5463 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does it matter? Nope, put the products out there, charge the increasing prices, make the promises, get it F ing done, PERIOD. No excuses.
That said, I'll ALWAYS stick by "In Lyman we trust" and zero concern about it eventually getting done.

Spot on Doug!!! Tired of beating this dead ( for now) horse .....their move now.....

#5464 6 years ago

MK6PIN - the powder coating looks great! Not sure I'd want a lighted shooter, but it does look nice in that last picture.

#5465 6 years ago

Gary was into batman - he dress as the penguin! This was an important release but sales wise the money is in the bank so everything now dilutes the profit!

#5466 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure I'd want a lighted shooter, but it does look nice in that last picture.

Have them on all my pins...slowly pulses rgb...a great effect, and I'm very comfortable with the ball, as opposed to stock handle...

#5467 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Gary was into batman - he dress as the penguin!

Don't be fooled - Gary's favorite pin is whatever game is on the line. He was no more into Batman than any other game.

#5468 6 years ago

At Stern O Rama I was talking to Gary Stern, Gomez and a sales manager I indicated I had a few Stern games at a bar in Florida. When BM66 was mentioned all three got excited and immediately jabbered about code. I played dumb and indicated it was my favorite machine and didnt understand the code difference. All three said 'If you love it now wait TWO Weeks, and this new code is going to blow you away'.

#5469 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

now wait TWO Weeks

th (resized).jpegth (resized).jpeg

#5470 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

At Stern O Rama I was talking to Gary Stern, Gomez and a sales manager I indicated I had a few Stern games at a bar in Florida. When BM66 was mentioned all three got excited and immediately jabbered about code. I played dumb and indicated it was my favorite machine and didnt understand the code difference. All three said 'If you love it now wait TWO Weeks, and this new code is going to blow you away'.

Well, in fairness to them, if you don't understand where the code is, any change would blow you away.

Can you expand on "they jabbered about the code"?

#5471 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

All three said 'If you love it now wait TWO Weeks, and this new code is going to blow you away'.

There was no indication at the Stern talk at expo that the upcoming code release is at "blow you away" territory. I wish they wouldn't say that. That's the kind of stuff like "every 2 weeks" that gets them in trouble.

I expect the game WHEN FINISHED will "blow you away", but that won't be happening in 2 weeks.

#5472 6 years ago

i never ever thought i would see a worse code situation than my kiss le. wow bm66 is the worst now. i dont know how i would feel if i paid 15000 for an sle. stern you are really screwing your customers!!

#5473 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

All three said 'If you love it now wait TWO Weeks, and this new code is going to blow you away'.

These aren't bad guys, but I feel like I've heard something about code in two weeks time before from them and that didn't work out so well.

#5474 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

With both BM66 and SW, there is a lot of video and audio to work with, and I am told the number of lines of code to run pins like SW and BM66 is over 10 times the number of lines that exist in the older DMD games.

If this is really the case, how come Star Wars, which just came out, is already in the .92 code. It has lots of call outs and video clips. Shouldn't Star Wars be facing the same issues as Batman 66, and really be stalling when it comes to new code?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I feel like there's a disconnect since Batman has been out so much longer and is still significantly behind Star Wars when it comes to the code.

#5475 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

These aren't bad guys, but I feel like I've heard something about code in two weeks time before from them and that didn't work out so well.

The crazy part is literally JUST BEFORE this expo party, Gomez said on Stern's PANEL, to everyone there, it was coming NEXT week. Next week, two weeks, which is it? Totally making it up as he goes.

#5476 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

If this is really the case, how come Star Wars, which just came out, is already in the .92 code. It has lots of call outs and video clips. Shouldn't Star Wars be facing the same issues as Batman 66, and really be stalling when it comes to new code?
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I feel like there's a disconnect since Batman has been out so much longer and is still significantly behind Star Wars when it comes to the code.

BM66 was a tv series with a billion times more available content than SW. BM66 will be a billion times better when finished.

It’s already a beautiful game and great earner as some have stated “ as is”. This game does not suck....quite the opposite. The communication and promised/ broken updates are the sucky part..

Time to leave my beloved BM thread for awhile, until I have ramp info to share for those that care....

#5477 6 years ago

Installed Yelobird's SLE speaker light kit today. What a fantastic mod and one of the most satisfying upgrades I've done to a machine yet. Need to add that if you have a PRE with a PRE topper you will not be able to connect the speaker kit to the CN6 plug on the power distribution board. Right now my topper is unplugged as I'm enjoying my light kit more. Not quite sure what I'll need to get both connected so if anyone can direct me to the proper Y splicer etc I'd appreciate it. Electrical is not a strength of mine. Thanks for a great mod Yelobird!!!

IMAG0604 (resized).jpgIMAG0604 (resized).jpg
IMAG0605 (resized).jpgIMAG0605 (resized).jpg
IMAG0615 (resized).jpgIMAG0615 (resized).jpg

#5478 6 years ago

In my dreams, Stern sends all b66le/sle owners a properly re-designed left ramp, a metal lockdown bar button surround, a real backglass (how amazing wound that look!!), and a goody bag (there was no goody bag for their most expensive game ever!!!!!) for FREE as an apology to customers who feel screwed over by this debacle. Let's face it, there's only 300 ish of us.

I know that will never happen from Stern, but that's what I would do if my company had knowingly produced and sold a product like b66. Especially with the backlash it's recieving amongst its best customers. Their margins in this game were huge. Face up to the issue, give a bit back in exchange for buying back some goodwill.

That was in my dreams, then I woke up and ordered POTC instead.

#5479 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm sure this is all true, but we should have heard the details from George. Or, if Stern was proactive, directly from Lyman. They certainly had to know the state of Batman code was a concern.
As it was, George effectively threw Lyman under the bus without explaining how your best programmer spends a year full time and there's nothing new to share publicly than 5 month old alpha code. It might make sense if we knew the details and challenges, but without those all we have are empty promises bad continuing frustration.
I know Lyman is passionate about pinball and Batman 66 in particular. If Stern is to regain any credibility on Batman, they need to let him explain things to us in his own words.

Maybe they would if they weren't being called liars at every turn. They are in a no win situation.

#5480 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

a properly re-designed left ramp, a metal lockdown bar button surround, a real backglass (how amazing wound that look!!), and a goody bag (there was no goody bag for their most expensive game ever!!!!!)

All these should be available soon at the Stern store. SEND MONEY NOW!!!

#5481 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I have no doubt that they are good people that work hard. I have huge amounts of doubt that Lyman is working solely on BM66 and Gomez being vague gives me even more doubt. If what you say is true about new games taking 10 times longer to code then stern should be saying that and introducing us to the new team members that are going to help keep new code rolling out.
If it takes 10 times more work then we can just forget about sterns commitment to code as future games will never get much in the way of updates.

I didn't say it took 10 times as long to write. I said there were 10 times the number of lined of code.

#5482 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I can answer that question easily. Dwight has been working in that code non-stop. I know for a fact he has been working a lot of nights and weekends. This is his baby, and he really wants to make it special.

#5483 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I can answer that question easily. Dwight has been working in that code non-stop. I know for a fact he has been working a lot of nights and weekends. This is his baby, and he really wants to make it special.

Again, I respect your faith, but I feel you are digging a hole here...

#5484 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Maybe they would if they weren't being called liars at every turn. They are in a no win situation.

At this point, that's just an excuse. I'm not one who has called them liars. But with the complete lack of meaningful information and status in the last 6-9 months, it's easy to understand why some think Stern is lying to or misleading us.

I understand being tight-lipped about new games or unannounced products. But once a game is released there should be a steady flow of information, especially if it relates to something as critical as a quality issue, service issue or incomplete code or anything that is taking far longer than expected to address.

Providing timely status isn't giving away competitive secrets. Jack or Charlie or any of the other manufacturers could care less about Stern's coding issues, but the buyers of those games do.

I'll give Stern the same advice I gave my daughter when she was a teen - no matter how bad you think so something is, it's better to talk about it then not tell us (or worse, lie about it). She understood lying was going to result in the worst consequences and never did it again after the first time. And, if you know something is wrong, silence is NOT golden.

If Stern continues their policy of radio silence or giving us nothing of substance, this situation is just going to get worse and things will get more frustrating for all parties. Every week/month Stern keeps silent they lose some percentage of the Batman customer set no matter what ends up happening with the code. How much money that costs them in the long run remains to be seen.

#5485 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I didn't say it took 10 times as long to write. I said there were 10 times the number of lined of code.

Ok, but you implied it is much harder and takes longer. That means more resources are needed, right? You also implied the coders are working their buts off which also implies more resources are needed.

At this point stern seems to be considering BM66 a failure and moving on.

#5486 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I understand being tight-lipped about new games or unannounced products. But once a game is released there should be a steady flow of information, especially if it relates to something as critical as a quality issue, service issue or incomplete code or anything that is taking far longer than expected to address.

Yep, no reason for secrecy once it's in owner's hands, actually it's time for the opposite. I thought the Commissioner Gordon e-mail that we BM66 owners signed up for was going to keep us up to date, but I was wrong about that. It seemed like a good move in the right direction at the time which gave me hope. But in the last code update I learned about it on Pinside well before I got the e-mail from the Commissioner. Also, it was never used to alert us to the release of the ramp fix kit or anything else. It was a good idea, but there wasn't any follow-through.

#5487 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Again, I respect your faith, but I feel you are digging a hole here...

I am not digging anything. That is comical. I'm not making excuses for anyone....just staring what I know as fact by having seen it with my own eyes. You can choose to believe what you will, it is no skin off of my back. I just know he has put in a lot of personal time on the SW code.

#5488 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

At this point, that's just an excuse. I'm not one who has called them liars. But with the complete lack of meaningful information and status in the last 6-9 months, it's easy to understand why some think Stern is lying to or misleading us.
Providing timely status isn't giving away competitive secrets. Jack or Charlie or any of the other manufacturers could care less about Stern's coding issues, but the buyers of those games do.
I'll give Stern the same advice I gave my daughter when she was a teen - no matter how bad you think so something is, it's better to talk about it then not tell us (or worse, lie about it). She understood lying was going to result in the worst consequences and never did it again after the first time. And, if you know something is wrong, silence is NOT golden.
If Stern continues their policy of radio silence or giving us nothing of substance, this situation is just going to get worse and things will get more frustrating for all parties. Every week/month Stern keeps silent they lose some percentage of the Batman customer set no matter what ends up happening with the code. How much money that costs them in the long run remains to be seen.

Go back and read this thread or any number of others. Then put yourself in their shoes and really try to see it from their perspective. If they say anything at all they are lying and covering things up because everyone seems to know more than the people actually making the machines. I am not saying I or you would operate the same way they do, but I do understand their stance somewhat. Giving is a timeline isn't going to make the code come faster. But when all is said and done, I do think they learned a valuable lesson about putting games out with almost no code. I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, I would say the delay of the next game announcement was at least partially to get more complete code at launch.

#5489 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Go back and read this thread or any number of others. Then put yourself in their shoes and really try to see it from their perspective. If they say anything at all they are lying and covering things up because everyone seems to know more than the people actually making the machines. I am not saying I or you would operate the same way they do, but I do understand their stance somewhat. Giving is a timeline isn't going to make the code come faster. But when all is said and done, I do think they learned a valuable lesson about putting games out with almost no code. I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, I would say the delay of the next game announcement was at least partially to get more complete code at launch.

I would say the "delay" is to get more of the SW and BM66 games sitting in dealer inventory sold first.

They need to get their shit together fast. No excuses.

#5490 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Ok, but you implied it is much harder and takes longer. That means more resources are needed, right? You also implied the coders are working their buts off which also implies more resources are needed.
At this point stern seems to be considering BM66 a failure and moving on.

And there are a lot of folks here that would be mighty disappointed if they did that. If you have ever coded any kind of large project, you would know it isn't easy to just have multiple people working on the same thing. A coder puts their own personality into things and it is hard to keep that using different people. But with that said, I do know they have hiredd additional resources, and I know one is being or already has been assigned to work with Lyman.

#5491 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would say the "delay" is to get more of the SW and BM66 games sitting in dealer inventory sold first.
They need to get their shit together fast. No excuses.

Possibly...i really don't know that motivation for sure, but it is what I suspect. I think SW is selling a lot better than you think. I know it is out earning about everything else on route right now.

#5492 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I think SW is selling a lot better than you think.

That's what I heard too, to distributors anyway.

#5493 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Installed Yelobird's SLE speaker light kit today. What a fantastic mod and one of the most satisfying mods I've done to a machine yet. Need to add that if you have a PRE with a PRE topper you will not be able to connect the speaker kit to the CN6 plug on the power distribution board. Right now my topper is unplugged as I'm enjoying my light kit more. Not quite sure what I'll need to get both connected so if anyone can direct me to the proper Y splicer etc I'd appreciate it. Electrical is not a strength of mine. Thanks for a great mod Yelobird!!!

Thunder, Thank you very much for the review and positive comments. It was learned later that the secondary market Stern plexi topper is also using the 12v plug for an LED purpose. I will have an edit for this with a simple "Z" splice and secondary plug shortly. I will be sending you one at no cost and Thank you for helping us improve the product for All. I will be in touch shortly with the part and get it out to you asap. Very glad you like the upgrade!

The Mod Couple

#5494 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Possibly...i really don't know that motivation for sure, but it is what I suspect. I think SW is selling a lot better than you think. I know it is out earning about everything else on route right now.

I'm sure its out earning on route. It really should. It's Star Wars.

But Gary needs a punch in the nuts right about now. The HUO LE/premium market ain't selling for that one except to Boobie

I really hope they get their shit together because if they think SW is really the answer then they are F ed.

#5495 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thunder, Thank you very much for the review and positive comments. It was learned later that the secondary market Stern plexi topper is also using the 12v plug for an LED purpose. I will have an edit for this with a simple "Z" splice and secondary plug shortly. I will be sending you one at no cost and Thank you for helping us improve the product for All. I will be in touch shortly with the part and get it out to you asap. Very glad you like the upgrade!
The Mod Couple

Bamm..answered my question in your other thread...great customer service!!!

#5496 6 years ago

To Brighten the software mood Temporarily I thought I would interject some an Awesome light of joy to the Batman dialog. I purchased the Pin Stadium light kit available from Scott and all I can say is WOW! Looks incredible on Batman 66 and the installation was Incredibly easy!! I ordered my kit (a few weeks ago) and Scott was kind enough to hand carry it to Expo so I could get my light on so to speak asap. So without further a due.... Below a few Before and after pics but I Assure you the result is Far better in person. I have never played this game in a lights out room before today. The beautiful color and art of this machine come Alive (more so than the software.....). Note that my color tones, mount point, and brightness are to My liking. With his incredible easy app its as simple as moving your finger to get the color, balance, everything, easy-peasy! I included photos of where I believe the connections and flasher connection work best for me but that is also a personal choice. I feel the results look Great. I connected the simple kit per his step by step instruction and made my preferred GI connection along the right side of the playfield (as shown) for simple secure access. The Flasher to me of best choice was the pop bumper area center bulb. Give a Cool lighting effect and the strobe is nice yet Not strobing while the ball is in the lower play area which would be for me a nuisance. I stripped a Very slim amount of the Stern heat shrink tubing to expose the connection and clamped away. I will make a permanent solder connection later when I feel 100% certain in my position decision. For now it is Beyond what I expected and the service, support, quality, and effect is priceless. (well not priceless, but worth the cost!!) Let me know if there are any questions and Highly recommend to all for all games!!!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_9509 (resized).jpgIMG_9509 (resized).jpg
IMG_9512 (resized).jpgIMG_9512 (resized).jpg
IMG_9504 (resized).jpgIMG_9504 (resized).jpg
IMG_9506 (resized).jpgIMG_9506 (resized).jpg
IMG_9496 (resized).jpgIMG_9496 (resized).jpg
IMG_9494 (resized).jpgIMG_9494 (resized).jpg

#5497 6 years ago

Forgot to add a pic showing the area I ran the Pin Stadium lights neatly. GI bulb on Right, (see Black clips) and Flasher below (with Red clips. Also, for raising the playfield simply remove from magnets, carefully position straight down playfield and position end just under sling rubber so they stay put while raising the playfield.

IMG_9497 (resized).jpgIMG_9497 (resized).jpg

IMG_9491 (resized).jpgIMG_9491 (resized).jpg

#5498 6 years ago

I apologize to ask this (I know this was asked before), ... but, what is the scale of the Batmobile and Boat of the SLE please?
It is too big a 1/43 Batmobile to put it on the mounted plate?

Thanks in advance fellas

Paulo JC

#5499 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Go back and read this thread or any number of others. Then put yourself in their shoes and really try to see it from their perspective.

I am confident I can see it from their perspective. I was once a programmer who took over a troubled, high visibility project that was a year and a half behind schedule. Two of us replaced a team of 16 redesigned and delivered the project in six months.

Quoted from Manimal:

If they say anything at all they are lying and covering things up because everyone seems to know more than the people actually making the machines. I am not saying I or you would operate the same way they do, but I do understand their stance somewhat.

I understood that stance initially. But they since have doubled down on silence. The reason "everyone seems to know more" is that Stern lets the speculation go unchecked without refuting it. "Lyman's working on it full time" isn't refuting it, because it isn't accompanied by any other substantive information to show the armchair experts are full of it.

Quoted from Manimal:

Giving is a timeline isn't going to make the code come faster.

I absolutely agree. But it sets an expectation baseline, whether we think it's reasonable or not. And that baseline would now be based on what they know from experience with the game and platform, unlike the ill-advised "every two weeks" comment.

Quoted from Manimal:

when all is said and done, I do think they learned a valuable lesson about putting games out with almost no code.

I certainly hope so. But it would have been nice to hear that acknowledged the other night if true.

Quoted from Manimal:

I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, I would say the delay of the next game announcement was at least partially to get more complete code at launch.

A reasonable assumption. But that doesn't give any solace to Batman 66 owners who still have little more than optimistic promises of greatness to come.

#5500 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I apologize to ask this (I know this was asked before), ... but, what is the scale of the Batmobile and Boat of the SLE please?
It is too big a 1/43 Batmobile to put it on the mounted plate?
Thanks in advance fellas
Paulo JC

Paulo. Stern uses the Hotwheels 1:50 scale toys on the SLE. You could use the 1/43 but they may look a bit wide for that area (shooter lane). Personally I have the Hotwheels as shown below and they look great to me.

Bats (resized).jpgBats (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.50
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.