PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 373.
#8901 6 years ago

Man....just played and took a different strategy to it. Instead of collecting the villains right away I stayed in them until the end. Soo much more to it than what i had been seeing. Fucking love this game!

#8902 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thanks for the well wishes guys! You are all my Pinside family, long story short I had an episode 2 days ago and my left hand locked into a fist and my arm went numb I went to the hospital and had mri and Ct scan. It turns out that I have a have a tumor of some sort the size of a lemon on the top right side of my Brain... you can imagine my surprise, shock, terror when I saw the pictures. My wife is a battle hardened cancer survivor so I have good support. It sounds like I will be having brain surgery soon to remove the mass.. the doctors think it is operable. I am 49 years old and don’t want to be greedy but had hoped someday to dance with my daughter at her wedding (she is 16) and meet my grandkids someday.
I believe god has a plan for us all just trying to make sense of this right now.
Now you guys get back to talking about BM and I will power thru this, heck maybe Lyman will have us to 1.0 code by the time I thru my surgeries

Send are best to you and your family!
Frankmac Family..

#8903 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Freeze & Bookworm take so many freaking shots to beat. Very tough. Freeze has so much value that the risk/reward feels right though. Bookworm, I'm not sure why I'd mess with it right now.

So true. I was playing Bookworm and hit a dozen shots and played until the timer expired and I STILL didn't beat him! I wish Shame would continue even after you drain the first ball. It can be frustrating with minor villains because I think they're harder to beat than the major ones. Which kinda doesn't make sense IMO.

#8904 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

So true. I was playing Bookworm and hit a dozen shots and played until the timer expired and I STILL didn't beat him! I wish Shame would continue even after you drain the first ball. It can be frustrating with minor villains because I think they're harder to beat than the major ones. Which kinda doesn't make sense IMO.

I think they’re harder too. The time limit is tough among the chaos of other modes running concurrently. If you brick the left orbit twice or more you probably can’t extend the timer in time. I once thought Bookworm might be low hanging fruit to Batusi and I was wroooong. Season 1 easiest is either Tut or Hatter, IMHO.

#8905 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Man....just played and took a different strategy to it. Instead of collecting the villains right away I stayed in them until the end. Soo much more to it than what i had been seeing. Fucking love this game!

No way do you want to collect your villains early. Play them all the way through with multipliers for massive points.

rd

#8906 6 years ago

Does anyone remember the minor villian selection order from left to right?

#8907 6 years ago

Hey Guys, hoping someone can help me out. Just updated new code on my Premium. When powering on the screen shows that it can not locate node board number 8. Also noticed that half of my playfield lighting is not on. Anyone run into this issue and or know how to fix it?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thank you,
Art

E076EBAD-7DDF-4169-86AE-7F2201AD9D32 (resized).jpegE076EBAD-7DDF-4169-86AE-7F2201AD9D32 (resized).jpeg

6F5643FE-0DC1-4BFC-95A2-784DA50CA4A7 (resized).jpeg6F5643FE-0DC1-4BFC-95A2-784DA50CA4A7 (resized).jpeg

#8908 6 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Hey Guys, hoping someone can help me out. Just updated new code on my Premium. When powering on the screen shows that it can not locate node board number 8. Also noticed that half of my playfield lighting is not on. Anyone run into this issue and or know how to fix it?
Thank you,
Art

Did you do the service bulletin on this machine? You either have a loose cable, or the diode has come loose from vibration (which is what the service bulletin is made to fix).

Node board preventative service bulletin:
http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-189-core-node-stabilization

Capacitor service bulletin:
http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-190-core-node-capacitor-service

#8909 6 years ago

A lot of these boards tend to fail after an update. At the least I'd try to reinstall the firmware.

#8910 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Does anyone remember the minor villian selection order from left to right?

Going from my memory, which is flawed:

Season 1: Mad Hatter, Bookworm, King Tut
Season 2: Two Egg, Mr. Freeze, Shame
Season 3: King Tut, only so far

#8911 6 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Thank you,
Art

I've also reloaded, then made sure I waited until certain all caps had discharged (led's completely out on the board) before power cycling back on. Hasn't happened in the last few updates for me, but happened early....as PinMonk and thundergod76 referenced, you could have taken the board out as well...make sure the service bulletin has been carried out....

#8912 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No way do you want to collect your villains early. Play them all the way through with multipliers for massive points.
rd

Unless your playing last in a comp and the points offered are enough to take the win.

#8913 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Unless your playing last in a comp and the points offered are enough to take the win.

Hmmmm .... yeah.

rd

#8914 6 years ago

Thanks guys...tried some of the suggestions provided but not having any luck. Re-downloaded the code, re-installed the code, checked all wire connections, checked to see that the node boards had power (they do) and still nothing. I’ll send a note to Stern support in the morning and request for the two kits. My build was April 17, 2017 and by looking underneath the hood i don’t see that a capasitor was fitted before the problem went viral. Appreciate everyone’s help. Hope to get back up and running soon so I can enjoy the new code update. Thanks!

#8915 6 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Thanks guys...tried some of the suggestions provided but not having any luck. Re-downloaded the code, re-installed the code, checked all wire connections, checked to see that the node boards had power (they do) and still nothing. I’ll send a note to Stern support in the morning and request for the two kits. My build was April 17, 2017 and by looking underneath the hood i don’t see that a capasitor was fitted before the problem went viral. Appreciate everyone’s help. Hope to get back up and running soon so I can enjoy the new code update. Thanks!

If the Node 8 board diode has come loose, the kit won't help you now. You'll probably have to swap out the node board.

#8916 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the Node 8 board diode has come loose, the kit won't help you now. You'll probably have to swap out the node board.

Yep...call chas....if you've registered your game, he"ll get the board out quick ( get the service bulletin kits while you're at it)

#8917 6 years ago

Cabinet repair - part 2!

So, the cabinet has been in clamps for a week. The glue should be dry by now!

Seriously, one day is plenty.

Remove the clamps and tidy up any excess glue (if any - wipe off with warm water)

I decided to GO FOR BROKE!! and screw the cabinet. Hey, I don’t want to repair it again. With screws, I don’t think I will have to.

1/ fit the lock bar. Get some low tack painters tape, and mark the bottom of the bar. This is the “no go zone!” Use low tack tape or else you may damage your decals!

57BCECED-10AA-4C1B-BF97-483E0EDE4DBB (resized).jpeg57BCECED-10AA-4C1B-BF97-483E0EDE4DBB (resized).jpeg

2/ drill your pilot hole above the line, allowing a few mm for the screw head width. Again, I used the 50mm cabinet maker screws that I used in the first thread. Note how these countersink. Don’t overdo the countersink, as the wood isn’t very thick here, and you’ll go through it. Then the screw is a waste of time.

A5025A86-BAE3-4434-A519-0059AD719AC1 (resized).jpegA5025A86-BAE3-4434-A519-0059AD719AC1 (resized).jpeg

3/ touch up the screw and hole with a black acrylic paint marker, or brush. Touch up the corner crack repair if needed - mine didn’t really need any touch ups, it came back together really well.

5DC525F0-2047-4256-91FA-6AB7D0A4054C (resized).jpeg5DC525F0-2047-4256-91FA-6AB7D0A4054C (resized).jpeg

4/ refit the lock bar - screw disappears! Magic!

1FC9A8D5-A2FF-4A6F-A1BA-1310FC8E082E (resized).jpeg1FC9A8D5-A2FF-4A6F-A1BA-1310FC8E082E (resized).jpeg

Hopefully that will be the end of my cracking Batman66 cabinet.

rd

#8918 6 years ago

Thanks for the detail on cabinet repair.

(It's really sad that anyone has to fortify their cabinets. Shame on Stern for cheapening the cabinets to this degree.)

#8919 6 years ago

So too often the right orbit for multiball will hobble and cause a rejected shot. So i watched and tested and found the ball launch metal seaps into the lane and really stops alot of momentum. So i shimmed it and literally night and day. Way easier. Much better flow and smoother shots

20180227_161632 (resized).jpg20180227_161632 (resized).jpg

20180227_161846 (resized).jpg20180227_161846 (resized).jpg

#8920 6 years ago

If you guys need more pictures i can explain but look at your game and youll see the metal portion of the ball launch sits in the lane. Shim it with a few washers like shown till you get it as flush as you can and i guarentee you'll see the difference

#8921 6 years ago

I noticed for the first time tonight, that I have a vertical line on my playfield TV monitor. It appears on every picture as it scrolls. I searched the forum to see if anyone else has had this problem, but didn't find anything similar. I sent email to Stern, but just wanted some suggestions as to what it may be. Thanks for the help!

20180227_194610 (resized).jpg20180227_194610 (resized).jpg

20180227_194626 (resized).jpg20180227_194626 (resized).jpg

20180227_194635 (resized).jpg20180227_194635 (resized).jpg

#8922 6 years ago

Looks to be a bad line of dead pixels. You will have to change your monitor. Stern should take care of the problem. good luck please update the community as how stern responds.

#8923 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I noticed for the first time tonight, that I have a vertical line on my playfield TV monitor. It appears on every picture as it scrolls. I searched the forum to see if anyone else has had this problem, but didn't find anything similar. I sent email to Stern, but just wanted some suggestions as to what it may be. Thanks for the help!

Replacement from Chas...they've had some problems w that node board anyway ( if its a first rev), so 2 birds w 1 stone...

#8924 6 years ago

Hoping that the spinner gets its own mode, or at least a substantial part in one of the Minor Villains. Lyman?

#8925 6 years ago

played a couple games last night. Magnet still pretty hit or miss on grabbing the ball when you hit batphone...I feel like this would be something easy to fix...My sparky magnet on MET PRE was almost 100%...

#8926 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

played a couple games last night. Magnet still pretty hit or miss on grabbing the ball when you hit batphone...I feel like this would be something easy to fix...My sparky magnet on MET PRE was almost 100%...

Could straight up be a physics problem, location of targets and ricochet as opposed to sparky's feet, making it harder to catch the ball.

#8927 6 years ago

I cannot stress enough how much better the right or it and lock shot is now. If you look at the right lane the metal that the rides on for the launch sticks out in the lane in the area i circled red and its not flush with the playfield so it .makes the ball bounce instead of glide. I put 2 small washers in and boom the ball rolls though there high speed and makes the shot 10x easier. I circled it in purple. Look at your game and youll see what im talking about

20180228_092519 (resized).jpg20180228_092519 (resized).jpg

#8928 6 years ago

So Ive notived my batcave rarely activates and suggestions on switch adjustment?

#8929 6 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

2. I didn’t hear one of my favorite call outs, “finish HIM, or it’s CURTAINS”!

It's still there, just not as prominent. I was able to hear it after I kept hitting shots after super jackpot was lit.

A shame, because I enjoyed that callout too.. It really signaled the beginning of the end for the Riddler!

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I liked the fact that the Riddler mode was different and didn't require you to advance the mode the usual way.

#8930 6 years ago

How do you get batcave battle multiball?

#8931 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

How do you get batcave battle multiball?

You need to lock 3 balls in the turntable mech via the right orbit. Lock is only lit while battling a major villain and ONLY after you hit either the Bat computer or the Crime analyzer.

#8932 6 years ago

You need to lock 3 balls in the turntable mech via the right orbit. Lock is only lit while battling a major villain and ONLY after you hit either the Bat computer or the Crime analyzer.

Ok i just didnt know the name of that multiball. Anyone got a tip or suggestion for stabilizing the left ramp?

#8933 6 years ago

Ok i just didnt know the name of that multiball. Anyone got a tip or suggestion for stabilizing the left ramp?

1) Use a thicker piece of Lexan or the Stern ramp fix kit
OR
2) wait for the redesigned aftermarket ramp

#8934 6 years ago

Alright bat heads, I’m biting. What’s going on with BM66? When I played this game a little over a year ago I wrote it off. Not just cause there was no code, I know better...or at least I thought I did; but I wrote it off cause the shots were a complete clunk fest turd. I had no desire of wanting to ever play the game again - no matter if/when Lyman sprinkled his magic on it.

Fast forward to last night; I go play some pins on location; Mind you where I live, the best location Pinball is 2 hours away from my home - So I don’t get the luxury of playing modern games in good working condition on location very often. But luckily I was working on a project near this location (Ayce Gogi) so I broke away to get some games in, primarily to play Houdini and TNA. I got 5 games in on Houdini and about 10 on TNA. I then gave SW PREM a go followed by Dialed In (which are 2 games I’ve played and enjoyed in the past). It was time for me to leave, I was running late to get home to the wife and kids. But, I still had a few quarters in my pocket and BM66 was staring me down. I say, what the hell I’ll play a ball or 2 just to see how the code has progressed.

Holy shit Batman! This game just stole the show. I had fun on it; the main mech which was a complete turd last time I played it actually worked; it was locking balls, flinging balls with magnet, registering hits, and the tesserect spinner thing worked really good too! Wtf just happened. Even the shots started feeling good. It still felt a little clunky compared to all the other pins I played that day, but it wasn’t as clunky as I remembered; it was more like LOTR clunky (which is one of my favorite games). The music and call outs were fascinating, the rules seemed very Lyman’esk and good. I have nothing bad to say about BM66 except I wish I had more time to play on it. One game turned into 4 and it would have been more if I didn’t have to get home on what would now be a 2 1/2 hour drive home in LA traffic.

So yea, I definitely need to get more time on this game now. But a few questions and thoughts. I’ve always been a believer that code can make or break a game; and just like TWD, Lyman made that game one of the best. But I truly believed the layout and design of BM66 had no hope and was a waste of resources to put Lyman on. Did Lyman turn this turd of a game into something magical? Or did I just happen to catch this game when it was dialed in and working? Are there issues with this game as far as setup and dialing in mechanical features and ramps? How does this game compare to other recent release games like TWD, GOT, SW, AC/DC, MET, etc... one good pinsiders friend told me he still prefers his SW PRO to BM66 and that BM66 has long ball times. The one at Ayce was brutal and getting lots of outlane drains, but how are the ball times and how quick is the progression through the game of BM66? Is grindy like MET? Or breadth and quick like GOT?

Sorry for the long post. But I need to have the scoop on this pin.

And FWIW; if I had to rank my experience yesterday...

Most fun pin goes to:
1. BM66
2. TNA
3. Dialed In
4. Houdini
5. SW PREM

Most want to own pin goes to:
1. BM66
2. Houdini
3. TNA
4. Dialed In
5. SW PREM

#8935 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Alright bat heads, I’m biting. What’s going on with BM66?

Ha! It's not just me. I had pretty much the exact same experience between being very disappointed at MGC last year, to enjoying it at Expo, to ordering one after playing it on location recently. The game honestly seemed to go through both a software AND physical transformation in the last year. I can't wait to get mine!

#8936 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Ha! It's not just me. I had pretty much the exact same experience between being very disappointed at MGC last year, to enjoying it at Expo, to ordering one after playing it on location recently. The game honestly seemed to go through both a software AND physical transformation in the last year. I can't wait to get mine!

Id love to hear how you like it after a few weeks Jedi. You got some pins that I really enjoy (GOT, MET, MUST, ST, IM, XM) and would love to hear how it ranks with those.

How much are BM66 new these days shipped? And are there any must have mods besides the usual shaker, speaker and glass upgrades?

#8937 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Alright bat heads, I’m biting. What’s going on with BM66? When I played this game a little over a year ago I wrote it off. Not just cause there was no code, I know better...or at least I thought I did; but I wrote it off cause the shots were a complete clunk fest turd. I had no desire of wanting to ever play the game again - no matter if/when Lyman sprinkled his magic on it.
Fast forward to last night; I go play some pins on location; Mind you where I live, the best location Pinball is 2 hours away from my home - So I don’t get the luxury of playing modern games in good working condition on location very often. But luckily I was working on a project near this location (Ayce Gogi) so I broke away to get some games in, primarily to play Houdini and TNA. I got 5 games in on Houdini and about 10 on TNA. I then gave SW PREM a go followed by Dialed In (which are 2 games I’ve played and enjoyed in the past). It was time for me to leave, I was running late to get home to the wife and kids. But, I still had a few quarters in my pocket and BM66 was staring me down. I say, what the hell I’ll play a ball or 2 just to see how the code has progressed.
Holy shit Batman! This game just stole the show. I had fun on it; the main mech which was a complete turd last time I played it actually worked; it was locking balls, flinging balls with magnet, registering hits, and the tesserect spinner thing worked really good too! Wtf just happened. Even the shots started feeling good. It still felt a little clunky compared to all the other pins I played that day, but it wasn’t as clunky as I remembered; it was more like LOTR clunky (which is one of my favorite games). The music and call outs were fascinating, the rules seemed very Lyman’esk and good. I have nothing bad to say about BM66 except I wish I had more time to play on it. One game turned into 4 and it would have been more if I didn’t have to get home on what would now be a 2 1/2 hour drive home in LA traffic.
So yea, I definitely need to get more time on this game now. But a few questions and thoughts. I’ve always been a believer that code can make or break a game; and just like TWD, Lyman made that game one of the best. But I truly believed the layout and design of BM66 had no hope and was a waste of resources to put Lyman on. Did Lyman turn this turd of a game into something magical? Or did I just happen to catch this game when it was dialed in and working? Are there issues with this game as far as setup and dialing in mechanical features and ramps? How does this game compare to other recent release games like TWD, GOT, SW, AC/DC, MET, etc... one good pinsiders friend told me he still prefers his SW PRO to BM66 and that BM66 has long ball times. The one at Ayce was brutal and getting lots of outlane drains, but how are the ball times and how quick is the progression through the game of BM66? Is grindy like MET? Or breadth and quick like GOT?
Sorry for the long post. But I need to have the scoop on this pin.
And FWIW; if I had to rank my experience yesterday...
Most fun pin goes to:
1. BM66
2. TNA
3. Dialed In
4. Houdini
5. SW PREM
Most want to own pin goes to:
1. BM66
2. Houdini
3. TNA
4. Dialed In
5. SW PREM

You can check out my lineup (just added STLE last night), and I can say w confidence that BM66 w current code is an amazing game, that more than holds it's own, and gets the majority of my time. Telling by your in depth posts, I'm not the caliber of player you are, however quite confident you will thoroughly enjoy the game the more time you get on it.

Regarding mods "must have" is subjective, I suppose. From a gameplay perspective, the left orbit wireform/ ramp combo is the weakest link, imho. The factory fix or added sneeze guard make it more stable to a degree, but the pitch is too flat for fast, satisfying left ramp shots.

I've had Matt's (Doom Pinball) proto left wireform in my machine for several months, and the smoothness and speed are night and day from the original. The wait is almost over, and highly suggest this long awaited performance mod (not a dime in it for me, btw, just helped engineer the thing).

On aesthetic side, Yelobird has the best...atomic pile mod, which really brings the turntable to the forefront in a great way. Other misc. adds here...blade decals for a premium would be a must for me.

Mechanical - make sure everything is tight, screw wise, around the turntable, and reinforce the front corners to prevent potential cabinet splitting (all covered above somewhere)

taz and others will be able to give you a more in depth opinion to gameplay relative to your skill level...you will not be disappointed. Of this, I'm certain...mark

#8938 6 years ago

Man this puts me in such a predicament, I was all set to budget out a JJPOTC then playing this had to happen and I was all gung ho about not spending a nickel more than a pro on a stern again LOL! Save myself $2k~ and get BM66 or stick to JJPOTC? Dam this hobby and having too many options these days! I plan to go to arcade expo in CA in a couple weeks so I’ll play both side by side. Still gotta find all the budget funds to pull either off too, so I got time. This sucks yet is exciting lol.

#8939 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did Lyman turn this turd of a game into something magical? Or did I just happen to catch this game when it was dialed in and working?

Hi, it is pure code. I bought the machine as it was out for two months or so and I sold it after 5 months. That is how bad it was. I felt lucky as it did not cost any money selling it.

But last December I decided to buy the last NIB LE that was here in Holland. At that time there were some updates and the machine already felt a lot better. Mind you, it plays just the same, but with the new code everything is much more fun. After the last two updates this machine is already really solid in gamplay and fun and integration is next to none. For me it outdoes the integration of TSPP and I thought there would never be a better integrated pin than that anymore.

#8940 6 years ago

Has anyone tried a titan rubber kit on this game

#8941 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

it was more like LOTR clunky

Funny you should say that. I’ve got both b66 and LOTR sitting side by side and have always though they are similar even though at first glance they’re nothing alike. I think it’s the Narrow orbits, Blue nibs, low but fast ramps - must be a Gomez handwriting. B66 is relatively long playing like LOTR, but can be brutal if steep with wide outlanes. But there is so much to do now, and great risk reward, so you don’t notice the ball times. It’s straight up fun.

#8942 6 years ago

Lyman saved BM66.

Can you imagine what it would have been like with any other coder?

Exactly.

Lyman is the single reason this game is on my maybe list.

#8943 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Funny you should say that. I’ve got both b66 and LOTR sitting side by side and have always though they are similar even though at first glance they’re nothing alike. I think it’s the Narrow orbits, Blue nibs, low but fast ramps - must be a Gomez handwriting. B66 is relatively long playing like LOTR, but can be brutal if steep with wide outlanes. But there is so much to do now, and great risk reward, so you don’t notice the ball times. It’s straight up fun.

So I owned BDK for a good 6 months. I hated the long grind ball times so I put lightning flippers and opened the outlanes; it was night and day and I loved the gameplay. The shorter ball times fit the ruleset much more to my liking. In the case of BM66, would a harder setup like this still be complimented with the ruleset and allow fast progression? And how many wizard modes are in the game? I know it’s still beta code, so maybe it’s just Batsui or whatever it’s called? I wonder if Lyman plans to put 4-5 wizard modes in like TWD.

#8944 6 years ago

And I should clarify what long game times are for me. Anything between 10-20 minute games are perfect to my liking. <30 mins is ok if it’s that once in awhile magic game.

On GOT I have near 30+ minute game times when I have 10bil+ games and I’m ok with that cause it doesn’t feel like a grind and I’m playing it fairly different than the last time.

On SMVE; I have lightning flippers and center post removed and can get to battle royal in about 10 mins, super hero in 20, end game 25-30 mins (which happens rarely).

So to me, long ball times aren’t the problem. It’s the experience, challenge, and more importantly diversity (i.e. breadth) that makes a long game time feel good.

I owned LOTR for 7 years and I hope to never own or play one ever again. But it’s one of the best pins ever

#8945 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wrote it off cause the shots were a complete clunk fest turd.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

It still felt a little clunky

That’s just a Gomez design for you, all of his games have a little clunkiness to them, he seems to use a lot of tight shots and bare metal compared to Ritchie who uses wider shots with rubber sleeves and posts for more bounce/forgiveness.

Wrongly and unjustifiably clunky is now a term thrown around for a game that isn’t fun and flow is thrown around at any game that’s great - which clearly isn’t the case as I don’t get any enjoyment from SW.

BM66 can be a flow monster but you have to earn it with accurate shots/combos, avoid the VUK and left orbit and BM66 can get extremely fast especially when you combo the ramps they are lighting quick!

#8946 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And I should clarify what long game times are for me. Anything between 10-20 minute games are perfect to my liking. <30 mins is ok if it’s that once in awhile magic game.
On GOT I have near 30+ minute game times when I have 10bil+ games and I’m ok with that cause it doesn’t feel like a grind and I’m playing it fairly different than the last time.
On SMVE; I have lightning flippers and center post removed and can get to battle royal in about 10 mins, super hero in 20, end game 25-30 mins (which happens rarely).
So to me, long ball times aren’t the problem. It’s the experience, challenge, and more importantly diversity (i.e. breadth) that makes a long game time feel good.
I owned LOTR for 7 years and I hope to never own or play one ever again. But it’s one of the best pins ever

I’m not a fan of long ball time games (just look at my collection) but BM66 theme integration is so good - episode cliffhangers, modes/shots reflecting those of the associated character like Mr Freeze turning red shots blue and the paying off from them not just in gameplay but audio and visual form the show - it’s just great fun getting deeper and deeper into the game and seeing more and more of the content that Lyman has flawlessly integrated into the gameplay.

#8947 6 years ago

Anyone know if there is video of the premium topper in action ?

#8948 6 years ago

Has anyone tried a titan rubber kit on this game

Yep. Put mine on right out of the box. Love em. Plus Eric is super cool to deal with. Highly recommended!

Quoted from KLR2014:

Anyone know if there is video of the premium topper in action ?

You're not missing much really. All it does is light up static similar to Laseriffic's toppers. No gameplay interaction yet(?)

#8949 6 years ago

Yep. Put mine on right out of the box. Love em. Plus Eric is super cool to deal with. Highly recommended!

You're not missing much really. All it does is light up static similar to Laseriffic's toppers. No gameplay interaction yet(?)

Did you go all black on the rubbers or color?

#8950 6 years ago

Did you go all black on the rubbers or color?

I went with the purple titans. Clear slings. I thought it really set it off.

20171227_122718 (resized).jpg20171227_122718 (resized).jpg
20171227_194027 (resized).jpg20171227_194027 (resized).jpg
20171227_202310 (resized).jpg20171227_202310 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/179 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.