PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 373.
#8202 6 years ago

Thank you.

#8203 6 years ago

I am curious to know what people are seeing as average game times. I know that one an change things to be more or less difficult but wanted to get a general sense.

#8204 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hey Guys. I have a question I think is best asked here since you are most familiar with BM66. I was planning to grab a BM and then Luci VE got announced. Can't afford both. If you had to pick one for your hone collection which would it be?
Another detail to factor in is this is a small batch of Lucis which wont last long. I assume BM66 will continue being made for a while.
Thanks

I never understood the AC/DC love personally. Too much cannon? Not enough lower pf? Stuck hearing songs to beat them? Too easy to backhand shots? Too dangerous to pick some songs/modes. Hard pass-
Meanwhile you’re putting it up against a machine that Lyman and George have more pride in than you can imagine. Reminder- both signed the pf. BM66 updates were on Summer and Fall break but now things are shaping up and it’s gonna be a must-have machine as anticipated by many all along. I pulled mine from my main location to fix trough optos and have been pleasantly surprised by the plentiful requests to bring it back. People love this machine- they should. The layout is awesome and the code will be epic when done.

#8205 6 years ago

Anyone having issues with a week intermittent left flipper , if so how can it be fixed

#8206 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I am curious to know what people are seeing as average game times. I know that one an change things to be more or less difficult but wanted to get a general sense.

I havent checked but either I got A LOT worse since .85 or something in the new code is killing me!

I'd like to blame the code but I'm pretty sure its me...

#8207 6 years ago

My scores have jumped since the new code. I'm not a great player and don't press my luck with Gordon, but i've still seen my scores get better.

#8208 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

My scores have jumped since the new code. I'm not a great player and don't press my luck with Gordon, but i've still seen my scores get better.

Yeah crazy how much the Gordon target makes a difference but it is risky. Most of my drains are shot mistakes. I really wish the magnet would grab the ball when i shoot the phone. It rarely does, sometimes i get a ricochet off the phone targets to a drain

#8209 6 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Anyone having issues with a week intermittent left flipper , if so how can it be fixed

Weird- I had that too and thought it was just wear and tear.

#8210 6 years ago

My scores have been typically getting worse as the code matures
Maybe because I'm just flailing more trying to see all the cool new stuff.

#8211 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Weird- I had that too and thought it was just wear and tear.

I had some right flipper short term weakness yesterday.

#8212 6 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

I had the same problem new out of the box. A slight tweak of the leaf switch gap on the flipper itself solved the problem.

#8213 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I havent checked but either I got A LOT worse since .85 or something in the new code is killing me!

I've noticed the scoring for Penguin has decreased.

#8214 6 years ago

I have noticed I'm a consistently crappy player with or without updates. Maybe a bit more so after update because I feel forced to look at all the cool new video content. For me pinball is like golf, I just remember that one great shot (even though my score was 100++). On a rare occasion (or competing with my wife) I get that all stars aligned game and Bam, I'm a pinball wizard! lol I have conceded over the years that I can make stuff, I'm a good husband and parent, but pinball champ will Never be on my life resume.

#8215 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

My scores have been typically getting worse as the code matures
Maybe because I'm just flailing more trying to see all the cool new stuff.

That’s me too. I’m just having fun playing it and not caring about scoring

When it gets closer to completion I’m sure I’ll go on a marathon quest like I did with TWD to conquer it

#8216 6 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

KISS does this when the flipper EOS switch contact is adjusted wrong or intermittent.

#8217 6 years ago

Anyone seen these small figures? All the 10 villains from the game are available. They're by Heroclix.

IMG_9750 (resized).jpgIMG_9750 (resized).jpg

#8218 6 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Anyone seen these small figures? All the 10 villains from the game are available. They're by Heroclix.

Why are they climbing their Atomic Pile when the ladder's right there?

#8219 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just to bother you..

#8220 6 years ago

Just to bother you..

More mundane than I expected. I thought maybe Robin dropped acid the Joker spiked his candy with, was tripping in the batcave and Batman was trying to catch up to him to get him to safety. A lost episode playing out in your machine.

#8221 6 years ago

looks cool. but not for $40

Screenshot_20180122-153809 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180122-153809 (resized).jpg

#8222 6 years ago

so when you guys are just bangin around what are your average scores?

#8223 6 years ago

so when you guys are just bangin around what are your average scores?

300-600M on average for me. I had (1) game cross the 1 billion mark but of Coarse the next day they did a software update so now I only get to remember that accomplishment. lol

#8224 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lol!!

#8225 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

300-600M on average for me. I had (1) game cross the 1 billion mark but of Coarse the next day they did a software update so now I only get to remember that accomplishment. lol

300-600m is not crappy as your other post stated. Regardless of outlanes/tilt, that’s a lot of successful shots. If you’re doing 300+ just banging around then I don’t understand your other post, rather you’re pretty good.

#8226 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

300-600m is not crappy as your other post stated. Regardless of outlanes/tilt, that’s a lot of successful shots. If you’re doing 300+ just banging around then I don’t understand your other post, rather you’re pretty good.

I guess its from watching others play. I'm more of a keep slapping than skill type player. I watch others play effortlessly juggling the ball etc and say yeah not this guy. Did I mention my game is set on 10 balls?? lol Just Kidding!

#8227 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did I mention my game is set on 10 balls?? lol Just Kidding!

Im not ashamed to say I set mine to 5 balls when I update the code so I can more easily see what the new stuff does.

#8228 6 years ago

My scores went down on average when I started playing the major villains all the way through instead of cashing out first time. I know it's supposed to be more lucrative, but I think you need to get to the end of the villain to start really scoring.

#8229 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Im not ashamed to say I set mine to 5 balls when I update the code so I can more easily see what the new stuff does.

All three Pinballs that I own are set with 5 balls too, in Batman I haven’t captured the four main villains yet (three so far the maximum for me) and just 510,000,000 Million it is my best number (I have the proof in my profile pics ) In KISS my highest record is 172,000,000 and that’s thanks to Vireland advice, and in AFMR 6 Billion and just 4 cities saved.

The next month will be a year for me enjoying of this privilege fellas, just started my addiction the past Feb,14/17.

#8230 6 years ago

I always do 5 balls. It puzzles me why arcades continues to stick to 3. I’m no beginner and the little I’ve tried Star Wars locally my $1 is over quick. I end up walking away. You would think if people could play a bit longer they would spend more.

#8231 6 years ago

Let's talk combos. Has anyone payed attention to the order of the vehicles you earn on combos? From rusty memory:

Batmobile
Batcopter
Batcycle
???? on a bicycle???

I had 42 combos when I saw the bike go by, so I'm guessing that's each 10 combos when it changes. Any Batman aficionados care to explain the bike? I couldn't tell who was on the bike.

I had my first Billion on .86 tonight; one shot away from villain escape super jackpot. I cashed in every major villain at the first checkpoint (except Riddler of course), had one multiball with SJ, bat turn and played every minor villain (only captured tut). Also, 2 EB earned. That was mega fun. However, if you want points, Penguin all the way through - while hitting all the non-crane shots - is still the way to go.

The amount of clips in this game sets it apart from every other game. It's difficult for me to imagine them passing the depth of media assets in many other games for a very long time. GotG won't. Deadpool won't. Iron Maiden could if they get a ton of concert footage. Elvira, probably not. Beatles, sure. If they pay through the nose. Great game.

#8232 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Let's talk combos. Has anyone payed attention to the order of the vehicles you earn on combos? From rusty memory:
Batmobile
Batcopter
Batcycle
???? on a bicycle???

Pretty sure it's:
Batmobile
Batcopter
Batboat
Batgirl on cycle
Alfred on bike

Not sure if there's anything after Alfred

#8233 6 years ago

Never saw them before until just now in your picture. I always wanted to have something very nice and obviously in small scale for my Pinball. I thank you RebelGuitars 100% for posting that pic to see the real size of them and the detail in the colors and figures.

#8234 6 years ago

My favorite Major Villains to play all the way through are

Riddler 1st then
Catwoman
Joker
Penguin

#8235 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Any Batman aficionados care to explain the bike? I couldn't tell who was on the bike.

Alfred on the Alf-cycle!

AlfcycleMoultonStowaway (resized).jpgAlfcycleMoultonStowaway (resized).jpg

#8236 6 years ago

The Alf Cycle is amazing. I must have missed seeing the Bat Boat as well.

#8237 6 years ago

Ok now I did it. Perfectly working game and now??? I did the .86 software update finally and all went smooth, confirmed update complete but now when I reboot the machine it says "node 24 not found"! You can hear the boards clicking on and off a few times and the game does finally light up but my guess is thats not a good sign??? Anyone have any advice on this. I sent an email to Chas already though I was praying this was a simply jiggle this wire kind of error. Yes I did both capacitor and zip tie update repairs. Any help or guidance would be Greatly appreciated!! Batman Down!

#8238 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok now I did it. Perfectly working game and now??? I did the .86 software update finally and all went smooth, confirmed update complete but now when I reboot the machine it says "node 24 not found"! You can hear the boards clicking on and off a few times and the game does finally light up but my guess is thats not a good sign??? Anyone have any advice on this. I sent an email to Chas already though I was praying this was a simply jiggle this wire kind of error. Yes I did both capacitor and zip tie update repairs. Any help or guidance would be Greatly appreciated!! Batman Down!

Looks like Node 24 is the TV. Is the TV on? Check the connection at the TV (CN2) and also at Node 10 (below the turntable) connector CN4. If that doesn't work, maybe delete the update and re-download and re-install a new one from a different USB drive in case the file you installed or USB drive you used was corrupted.

#8239 6 years ago

Hmm everyone talks about Batgirl, but a mini Alfred mode would be cool as well. Maybe tie him to making a two super skill shots? And just have a mini two shot mode like to the bat pole.

#8240 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hmm everyone talks about Batgirl, but a mini Alfred mode would be cool as well. Maybe tie him to making a two super skill shots? And just have a mini two shot mode like to the bat pole.

I'd love to see Aunt Harriet running across the screen carrying a tray of cookies and milk!

#8241 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Happened to me last spring. The mini LCD mounted on its own little board is the node board itself. Stern said a loose/bad cable connection could be the problem but in my case the cables were fine, the TV just stopped working.

The unsettling part is it was working fine until I did a code update than nothing. Every time I powered up the game it would try to update the code for the TV (node 24) and then says node 24 fails to initialize. The games checks that all the node boards are up to date code wise and if not it tries to update them. Even though it failed you could still play the game, albeit with a dead mini LCD.

Stern said due to high price of the board I needed to get it via my distributor which was a pain. I didn't have to pay for it but I guess they put the distributor on the hook for the cost of the board in case I fail to return the old one. The new mini LCD did have a new rev number (00B instead of 00A on it so something was changed on the new board. Other than some plastic washers on the LCD mounting screws I couldn't see any other hardware differences. I guess it could have different boot code on it?

#8242 6 years ago

I'd still like to know what people are seeing as average game/ball times (looks like a fair number are running 5 balls instead of three). A ballpark guess is fine so no need to check audits. Although if you have the game on route, that would be nice to know
Thanks

#8243 6 years ago

Interesting about people using 5 balls...I always set to 3...Though I do close up the outlanes as much as I can and set ball save to 7 seconds.

It seems playing 'shame' as my minor villain gets me my biggest scores. Multiball always chips away at points...

#8244 6 years ago

Played 0.86. Holy Batman this machine is incredible! 5 balls + 1 extra (hard lock settings, no stacking)

Scoring looks more balanced now .

Lighted season 1 insert (competed king tut) and season 2 insert (I believe I completed Shame). Also played supervillain with the superjackpot. 40 combos

Was trying to go for something season 3 but had to complete the remaining ones first in season 1 and season 2.

27292753_10216458649564979_1007776864_n (resized).jpg27292753_10216458649564979_1007776864_n (resized).jpg

#8245 6 years ago

I started out at 3 balls but with all the new features I'm running 5 balls now.

#8246 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Happened to me last spring. The mini LCD mounted on its own little board is the node board itself. Stern said a loose/bad cable connection could be the problem but in my case the cables were fine, the TV just stopped working.
The unsettling part is it was working fine until I did a code update than nothing. Every time I powered up the game it would try to update the code for the TV (node 24) and then says node 24 fails to initialize. The games checks that all the node boards are up to date code wise and if not it tries to update them. Even though it failed you could still play the game, albeit with a dead mini LCD.
Stern said due to high price of the board I needed to get it via my distributor which was a pain. I didn't have to pay for it but I guess they put the distributor on the hook for the cost of the board in case I fail to return the old one. The new mini LCD did have a new rev number (00B instead of 00A on it so something was changed on the new board. Other than some plastic washers on the LCD mounting screws I couldn't see any other hardware differences. I guess it could have different boot code on it?

Thank you #Doc. I do hope it’s not major but I’ll give your direction a try. Umphh. At least it is still playable for what that’s worth. I will update all on what happens for public record.

#8247 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I started out at 3 balls but with all the new features I'm running 5 balls now.

Once code is baked and you've seen pretty much all the 'new' stuff, will you (and anyone else) set if back to 3? I have all my pins set to 3 but am interested in this...I'm all about playing for 'fun' so maybe 5 balls...But dont want it to get boring either.

#8248 6 years ago

I say everyone should adjust the game to their skill level.

If the games weren't meant to be adjusted, then they wouldn't put any adjustments into the game.

#8249 6 years ago

Once code is baked and you've seen pretty much all the 'new' stuff, will you (and anyone else) set if back to 3? I have all my pins set to 3 but am interested in this...I'm all about playing for 'fun' so maybe 5 balls...But dont want it to get boring either.

Mine are all set to 3 balls with extra balls turned off.

#8250 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Mine are all set to 3 balls with extra balls turned off.

Why would you not want extra balls that you earned?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 39.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.