PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 373.
#11401 5 years ago

more

bm2 (resized).jpgbm2 (resized).jpgbm3 (resized).jpgbm3 (resized).jpgbm4 (resized).jpgbm4 (resized).jpgbm5 (resized).jpgbm5 (resized).jpg
#11402 5 years ago

That's awesome! Now if he could just make a hundred of those for the rest of us...no big deal...

#11403 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That's awesome! Now if he could just make a hundred of those for the rest of us...no big deal...

I did beg, and even told them there was $$$ to be made...couldn't get the machine shop or powder guy to budge.....yet...

#11404 5 years ago

Anyone sell the LE topper?

#11405 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I did beg, and even told them there was $$$ to be made...couldn't get the machine shop or powder guy to budge.....yet...

While I personally have never had an issue with this ramp I have a curiosity/suggestion. As it appears the new design is simply adding adding a third additional wire form to the top of the rear turn wouldn’t it be easier to simply find someone to Only make that single wire form rail with supports? Seems way easier to just buy a replacement premium stock wire form and have this added on. Have 2-3 people do this and use their ramps as a swap for the service? Powder coat in batches using the many resources already found on Pinside and bam your done! Just an observation that Seems like it would drastically cut down on recreating what’s already there.

#11406 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While I personally have never had an issue with this ramp I have a curiosity/suggestion. As it appears the new design is simply adding adding a third additional wire form to the top of the rear turn wouldn’t it be easier to simply find someone to Only make that single wire form rail with supports? Seems way easier to just buy a replacement premium stock wire form and have this added on. Have 2-3 people do this and use their ramps as a swap for the service? Powder coat in batches using the many resources already found on Pinside and bam your done! Just an observation that Seems like it would drastically cut down on recreating what’s already there.

More to it than that for wireform.......3rd wireform at top added, additional attachment points at specific heights to strengthen and curve the entire form, allowing the ball to sit properly, as opposed to being flat as the ball enters via the ramp.

I played mine extensively w stern extended plastic cover (insuring ball didn't fly out)...but it still "wiggled" at the entrance, slowing it down. The back of this ramp is raised slightly by the attachment point, creating a much faster, smoother orbit...is what it is.

Regarding the ramp, I could never stand the holes for the wire-tie. Made the machine look cheap to me.

Actually just put some white knight polish on it, and now shines identical to the original..not sure what he meant by "wrong metal"

bm10 (resized).jpgbm10 (resized).jpgbm11 (resized).jpgbm11 (resized).jpgbm12 (resized).jpgbm12 (resized).jpg
#11407 5 years ago

As far as pinside powder services....been there, done that....some are ok, some not so much. For me, the wait was worth it. Next time you talk to Chris (HEP) get his recommendation..doubt he will give it. Wireforms and powder are an art..I'm fortunate to have pros close w decades of experience, but they run companies, and only do these things on very rare occasions.

BM66 has very unique powder on the armor, and I wanted the same care w the ramp.

#11408 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Anyone sell the LE topper?

Yea Stern sold the topper but you had to buy an LE/SLE to get one

#11409 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yea Stern sold the topper but you had to buy an LE/SLE to get one

Best pinball topper in pinball history!

#11410 5 years ago

SOOOO glad to finally start playing BM again (I was 4 updates behind when I took it apart)......this thing is very addictive. Lyman's polish is really showing (love the "pulse" of GI on shooter lane side prior to ball launch)...subtle things are really bringing this together!!!!!

#11411 5 years ago

A little update to my previous problem, I'm hoping someone can help me. I talked to Stern support about the diverter opening then immediately shutting. They blamed it on a bad coil, so I did replace the coil. I've been trying to ascertain the conditions that make it immediately open and close. What I've found is that the diverter works for the first ball after the game has been sitting off. It will open fine and close fine when you shoot the left loop most of the time. It worked out of the box all of the time. As you keep playing it seems to stop working to the point of where it opens and immediately shuts. It's like the coil can't hold it.

I'm beginning to think the coil is getting hot and can't keep the diverter open. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening or what I could possibly do to fix it?

All the switches are working properly, I did run the switch test to see everything that is open and I noticed that 'DC Sense' is an open switch, does anyone know what that does?

#11412 5 years ago

In the last update I really like those ones:

- Added a setting (default YES) that allows minor villain modes to be
replayed once all modes in a season have been played. --> Especially to avoid the risk of being 'stuck' with no minors left in a season and having played the mad hatters already.
- Implemented (fully) "save minor villain progress" for finishing King Tut. --> yess, been waiting for this one!
- Implemented SHAME awards (+1 balls to multiball / multiball extend).
The "extend" time is given by the adjustment "AUTOFIRE EXTEND TIMER". --> that's great, awards are important. Curious how the extend works
- Added right bank targets and better scoring for the minor villain modes. --> minors scoring going up, with some risk shooting those targets.
- Reworked score criteria for the minor villain modes. The base score
will go up with each major villain stage completed, along with each minor
villain mode completed. ---> very nice how minors and majors are now connected to each other!

And of course the fixed egghead 'G' shot.

For me the game has become a lot better now with the easier bookworm, changing the whole strategy.
And finally the good keep progress for king tut.

Only now to add some final mode for completing all majors/minors and I would be very happy!
And some light and sound...

#11413 5 years ago

I think it was mentioned before but it would be cool if you drained in the middle of fighting a Major villain then you would get a cliffhanger clip at the end of the ball.

#11414 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

more
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Loving the pics. Please let me know if you’re able to talk them into making more. Would be first in line for one.

Does the ramp allow for a smoother left orbit entrance ball shot entrance between the left of the left ramp and the left cabinet wall? The current Stern left orbit area entrance always “clunks” through that entrance area, making a clinking/clunking noise, as it sounds as if the area is too tight to make it through, which it is. Does your new ramp help that area as well?

#11415 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Loving the pics. Please let me know if you’re able to talk them into making more. Would be first in line for one.
Does the ramp allow for a smoother left orbit entrance ball shot entrance between the left of the left ramp and the left cabinet wall? The current Stern left orbit area entrance always “clunks” through that entrance area, making a clinking/clunking noise, as it sounds as if the area is too tight to make it through, which it is. Does your new ramp help that area as well?

Thanks...really enjoying playing BM66 again.....what a pin!!!!

The new ramp has the same geometry as original, just without the wire-tie holes...pulled out and polished today...gorgeous. Shop said they would ease up in January, and promised to get my lock-down done, so possibly they would do some ramps, given they already did mine.

Wire-form is simply more solid, and much smoother/ faster than original. I'm going to request to make some of these at the same time....my powder guy is the best, but gives me crap every time I bring something to him, and takes forever...if I can at least get some ramps and forms done, you could source your own powder guy.

Was obsessed with getting this right, and it makes a noticeable difference. It's a better design than the original... that's really all I can say about it anymore. I don't sell mods, and just tinker to make the games better. Extremely upset w Matt (Doom pinball) who has the chops, along w amazing powder guy, and had committed to bringing the forms to the community. He went way dark, and I feel responsible for telling everyone he could get this out to more. He committed to building, powdering the forms, and even posted a price (didn't take any $$$ though). I never desired a dime, just wanted everyone the chance to get this in their game.

I will do my best, but can't commit.....pisses me off.........mark
bm20 (resized).jpgbm20 (resized).jpgbm21 (resized).jpgbm21 (resized).jpg

#11416 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

In the last update I really like those ones:
- Added a setting (default YES) that allows minor villain modes to be
replayed once all modes in a season have been played. --> Especially to avoid the risk of being 'stuck' with no minors left in a season and having played the mad hatters already.
- Implemented (fully) "save minor villain progress" for finishing King Tut. --> yess, been waiting for this one!
- Implemented SHAME awards (+1 balls to multiball / multiball extend).
The "extend" time is given by the adjustment "AUTOFIRE EXTEND TIMER". --> that's great, awards are important. Curious how the extend works
- Added right bank targets and better scoring for the minor villain modes. --> minors scoring going up, with some risk shooting those targets.
- Reworked score criteria for the minor villain modes. The base score
will go up with each major villain stage completed, along with each minor
villain mode completed. ---> very nice how minors and majors are now connected to each other!
And of course the fixed egghead 'G' shot.
For me the game has become a lot better now with the easier bookworm, changing the whole strategy.
And finally the good keep progress for king tut.
Only now to add some final mode for completing all majors/minors and I would be very happy!
And some light and sound...

In addition to this I'm super excited about the Trough Eject setting! Set mine to 175 and the balls just kiss the side rail. No more canonballs slamming my side rail. Thanks again Lyman!

#11417 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

In addition to this I'm super excited about the Trough Eject setting! Set mine to 175 and the balls just kiss the side rail. No more canonballs slamming my side rail. Thanks again Lyman!

This game is officially amazing!!!! so much to do!!!

#11418 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This game is officially amazing!!!! so much to do!!!

Definitely!! And your ramps look great. Congrats!

#11419 5 years ago

Definitely!! And your ramps look great. Congrats!

Appreciate it!!! When the lockdown gets done, if I can convince them to build more ramp sets, I'll pass them on at cost...

#11420 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks...really enjoying playing BM66 again.....what a pin!!!!
The new ramp has the same geometry as original, just without the wire-tie holes...pulled out and polished today...gorgeous. Shop said they would ease up in January, and promised to get my lock-down done, so possibly they would do some ramps, given they already did mine.
Wire-form is simply more solid, and much smoother/ faster than original. I'm going to request to make some of these at the same time....my powder guy is the best, but gives me crap every time I bring something to him, and takes forever...if I can at least get some ramps and forms done, you could source your own powder guy.
Was obsessed with getting this right, and it makes a noticeable difference. It's a better design than the original... that's really all I can say about it anymore. I don't sell mods, and just tinker to make the games better. Extremely upset w Matt (Doom pinball) who has the chops, along w amazing powder guy, and had committed to bringing the forms to the community. He went way dark, and I feel responsible for telling everyone he could get this out to more. He committed to building, powdering the forms, and even posted a price (didn't take any $$$ though). I never desired a dime, just wanted everyone the chance to get this in their game.
I will do my best, but can't commit.....pisses me off.........mark
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Mark for your thinking of the rest of us. I know your not in the mod business, but I also like your powder coat job as well and would appreciate just paying you to pay your powder cost guy, since he already knows what to do. The ramp is really cherry and looks so much better than our Stern left ramp it’s amazing what you’ve done. We’ve all paid plenty for out Bat tables and the way you’ve done it should have been done by Stern. This is what erks me about buying from Stern. We pay lots of money and get subpar quality on certain areas. Stern has too much of a “how good is good enough” mentality. If they we’re charging us 90s prices, that’s fine, but their charging us premium prices and shouldn’t be getting away with it. I do love my Batman 66 table although, but wish JJP had done it in many ways. They spare no expense to make elite tables. I do think Batman 66 is near their stuff, just not the same quality. Your ramp design is JJP quality. Thanks for your efforts and sharing with us. Please let me know when a completed red one can be done. Quite excited if you’re able to do it. In my Bat dreams for this and if yelobird would do a Bat topper, would complete the dream table since I was not given the chance to buy an LE or SLE. Late to the party. I travel for business way too much. Lol

#11421 5 years ago

That shame award is great! Just played a regular multiball with 5 balls, and the other shame with 4 balls (2 + one from the shame award + one from the mystery add a ball)

Also made a joker superjackpot shot of almost 1B. 18x 51M! Playfield was 3x, vuk shot was doubled. So me being in the 3x joker phase collect. Made it a 3x2x3 = 18x multiplied shot

#11422 5 years ago

Guys the Right target with the joker when it gets hit the leftside of it is getting stuck. When it gets pushed back it gets hung up on a piece of metal ( lip ) ive tried foam rubber but still doing it. Of course once stuck the i need to remove glass and pop it out.

Also is there any Custom Shooter rods available?

20181104_101123 (resized).jpg20181104_101123 (resized).jpg

#11423 5 years ago

I am having the same issue with the target getting stuck.

#11424 5 years ago

I ordered some 1/16 foam rubber and im going to let some overlap that leftside by about 1/8th, hopefully that will be enough to keep it from extending into it.

#11425 5 years ago

There are a couple of fixes for the Joker targets in this thread, try and do a search for them.

#11426 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys the Right target with the joker when it gets hit the leftside of it is getting stuck. When it gets pushed back it gets hung up on a piece of metal ( lip ) ive tried foam rubber but still doing it. Of course once stuck the i need to remove glass and pop it out.
[quoted image]

Had same issue. Fix: pull up table and directly below the Joker target is two nuts. Slightly loosen both and turn joker target clockwise as far as you can. Which won’t be much, but enough to straighten target away from lodging into metal divider on top of PF. Retighten and problem solved. It will remain straight and won’t lodge anymore. Issue is: hitting that target over and over lossens nuts and target goes crooked, then divider lip lodges target. Don’t know why Stern put that lip on the divider.

#11427 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Had same issue. Fix: pull up table and directly below the Joker target is two nuts. Slightly loosen both and turn joker target counter clockwise as far as you can. Which won’t be much, but enough to straighten target away from lodging into metal divider on top of PF. Retighten and problem solved. It will remain straight and won’t lodge anymore. Issue is: hitting that target over and over lossens nuts and target goes crooked, then divider lip lodges target. Don’t know why Stern put that lip on the divider.

#11428 5 years ago

Thanks for the info. Solved one of the most annoying cannon sounds in the game for me. Too bad my metal guard is already permanently dented. Didn’t know that adjustment was there.

Also, I like the discovered skill shot: slightly pull to launch ball directly into penguin scoop with instant award. Great fun!

#11429 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

This is the one I put on mine, looks and feels awesome!!! They make some great shooter rods, I'm a 3 time customer now.....

https://superskillshot.com/products/batman-shooter-round

#11430 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Had same issue. Fix: pull up table and directly below the Joker target is two nuts. Slightly loosen both and turn joker target counter clockwise as far as you can. Which won’t be much, but enough to straighten target away from lodging into metal divider on top of PF. Retighten and problem solved. It will remain straight and won’t lodge anymore. Issue is: hitting that target over and over lossens nuts and target goes crooked, then divider lip lodges target. Don’t know why Stern put that lip on the divider.

Will definitely try this next time I have my play field up. Thanks!

#11431 5 years ago

Will definitely try this next time I have my play field up. Thanks!

No other solution needed. What I posted above works 100%, with current items. I’ve not had a stick target ever again after turning and tightening. Thinking about it more, turn it clockwise.

Also, like Lyman giving us a way to restart game, if 1st ball is a drain, by holding down start button after ball enters shooter lane. Game resets!

#11433 5 years ago

Can a mod make the post above and the post that’s linked above key posts!?

This thread is so big now they having things made into key posts is a must.

#11434 5 years ago

Sometimes you have a good game...

Completed shame, king tut, mr freeze, mad hatter, then bookworm
Played batusi, played holy, played super villain escape, ...

3 balls, 2 extra's, factory settings (except for the default multiball being set harder) outlanes open.
Ended with 28B

45419378_342016329941220_4315882377982246912_n (resized).jpg45419378_342016329941220_4315882377982246912_n (resized).jpg
#11435 5 years ago

Ended with 28B
[quoted image]

Holy shit Batman!!!

Those are metric points though right?

#11436 5 years ago

I'm always impressed with everyone's different ways of achieving high scores on this game.

Here's a question: Say you have a novice player that you want to give advice to..the goal being that if they score really well, they will be more likely to play again. What would you tell them to do? Remember, complex stacking makes novice players run screaming.

#11437 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

This is the one I put on mine, looks and feels awesome!!! They make some great shooter rods, I'm a 3 time customer now.....
https://superskillshot.com/products/batman-shooter-round

Thanks!!!

#11438 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Had same issue. Fix: pull up table and directly below the Joker target is two nuts. Slightly loosen both and turn joker target clockwise as far as you can. Which won’t be much, but enough to straighten target away from lodging into metal divider on top of PF. Retighten and problem solved. It will remain straight and won’t lodge anymore. Issue is: hitting that target over and over lossens nuts and target goes crooked, then divider lip lodges target. Don’t know why Stern put that lip on the divider.

THANKS!!! Ill try it tonight.

#11439 5 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm always impressed with everyone's different ways of achieving high scores on this game.
Here's a question: Say you have a novice player that you want to give advice to..the goal being that if they score really well, they will be more likely to play again. What would you tell them to do? Remember, complex stacking makes novice players run screaming.

I view the game as having 2 routes - the major villain route and the minor villain route. Focusing on the major villains is easier, simpler, more obvious and more intuitive. Hence, I suggest this strategy to novice/new players. Basically, I tell them that they're Batman and Robin. Each major villain has a section on the playfield. Hit this section enough times (usually twice) to enable that villain. Commissioner Gordon will call the Batphone. Answer the Batphone to reveal the Batcave. Hit the lit shots to defeat the villain. Defeat all 4 major villains to reach the wizard mode.

If you want to blow up the machine, the minor villain route is the way to go. It is, however, more dangerous (TV targets will make the ball wild), difficult (minor villains are timed and need to be restarted if you fail) and complicated (benefits of each villain and the strategy to defeat one villain in each season needs to be explained). Not a great strategy for noobs. The minor villain awards and access to the 3 awesome wizard modes is the reward for taking this riskier route.

I think Lyman's done a fantastic job on balancing risk and reward.

#11440 5 years ago

3 balls, 2 extra's, factory settings (except for the default multiball being set harder) outlanes open.
Ended with 28B
[quoted image]

Good grief....awesome!!!! I may have to pull the glass to see some of this stuff.....

This has turned into an ultimate shot maker w so much going on....whew!!!

#11441 5 years ago

Ended with 28B
[quoted image]

What a coincidence that’s almost my record... minus 20,300,000,000

#11442 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

What a coincidence that’s almost my record... minus 20,300,000,000

If I could have thumbs up’d this post more than once I would have

#11443 5 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Here's a question: Say you have a novice player that you want to give advice to..the goal being that if they score really well, they will be more likely to play again

For a novice (on any game) always use the KISS PRINCIPLE.

Keep it simple.

I always cringe when I hear people explaining a game in way too much detail. No way a new player can absorb all that detail. All it does is confuse people and ultimately turn them off.

In the case of BM66, I would say:

- skill shot - launch the ball when all arrows are lit (people like skill shots!)

- if you hit any of these coloured shots twice (point to the 4 shots) the turntable moves around and you can hit it to start your mode.

- then hit the flashing shots.

- you can hit these targets here to light your locks

- you get the ball up the right side to lock a ball

That’s all anyone needs to know to get underway.

You can get a great score just doing these things.

rd

#11444 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

For a novice (on any game) always use the KISS PRINCIPLE.
Keep it simple.
I always cringe when I hear people explaining a game in way too much detail. No way a new player can absorb all that detail. All it does is confuse people and ultimately turn them off.
In the case of BM66, I would say:
- skill shot - launch the ball when all arrows are lit (people like skill shots!)
- if you hit any of these coloured shots twice (point to the 4 shots) the turntable moves around and you can hit it to start your mode.
- then hit the flashing shots.
- you can hit these targets here to light your locks
- you get the ball up the right side to lock a ball
That’s all anyone needs to know to get underway.
You can get a great score just doing these things.
rd

Yep, start there and move on to the other stuff as you learn more about the game.

#11445 5 years ago

That’s what I like about Stern...they make simple games and they make deep games. So there are Stern pins for every kind of pinball players.

#11446 5 years ago

I'm not a great player so I primarily work on 4 villains and only doing 1 episode each trying to get to the jailbreak multiball.

if TV mode lights up, I start with season 1 mad hatter, then try adding season 2, but i've never made it across 3 seasons.

Throw in the regular multiball into the mix.

#11447 5 years ago

I capture if I'm not able to hit the bat poles hurry up to immediately get +1x the mode. If you START with 2x Major Villain scoring then get a PF multiplier, big scores just get easier from there. Alas, some days the left loop evades me.

#11448 5 years ago

And don't forget to hit the stand up target at the vuk 2 times before shooting the orange shot in the scoop.

#11449 5 years ago

And don't forget to hit the stand up target at the vuk 2 times before shooting the orange shot in the scoop.

What does that do?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 26.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/229 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.