IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 374.
#2951 6 years ago

Awesome thanks just seen it linked to the accessories thanks for pointing that out, its also GREAT to see Stern finally using their social media as it should be and responding to this rumour fast and with a picture too, bravo Stern

#2954 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Who's the other guy in the pic with him?

Good question, was wondering that myself.

#2955 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Who's the other guy in the pic with him?

Quoted from cooked71:

Good question, was wondering that myself.

I recognise him, pretty sure he's been on a couple of the stern factory tour videos, he's usually playing the row of games in the factory, sure he's a game tester.

#2956 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome thanks just seen it linked to the accessories thanks for pointing that out, its also GREAT to see Stern finally using their social media as it should be and responding to this rumour fast and with a picture too, bravo Stern

Please look at my post directly above it ( where they first showed the pic). I thanked them for releasing the beacon, as I had just inquired the day before.They simply answered my question for possible new code before the holidays w the pic. not responding to a rumor on Pinside.

Stern has been very responsive when I ask directly.

#2957 6 years ago

Great job asking

#2958 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Please look at my post directly above it ( where they first showed the pic). I thanked them for releasing the beacon, as I had just inquired the day before.They simply answered my question for possible new code before the holidays w the pic. not responding to a rumor on Pinside.
Stern has been very responsive when I ask directly.

Yeah sorry Mark I wasn't very clear, I ment regardless of the rumour here on pinside or you simply asking, its great to see Stern addressing things in a good way instead of ignoring them or giving the standard "stay tuned", good to see Stern using their social media the way it should be used.

Be great if they could continue this level of communication and fan service moving forward.

#2959 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Be great if they could continue this level of communication and fan service moving forward.

Not sure I would be so quick to praise posting a picture without comment or any detail as improved communication or fan service.

If they had posted the pic and said "Lyman will officially be working on the code until he says it's done", that would have been something to celebrate.

#2960 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's all chant
Lyman F ing Sheets!

Ok but just to be clear. Sheats.

No more troll feeding in a club thread please. There are several other places on pinside to get lost in the netherworlds...

#2961 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure I would be so quick to praise posting a picture without comment or any detail as improved communication or fan service.
If they had posted the pic and said "Lyman will officially be working on the code until he says it's done", that would have been something to celebrate.

The game will be 'completed'- as much or more so than his modern games. If you think otherwise you aren't paying attention to all publicly available information. The picture is plenty even though it wasn't even necessary.

#2962 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Let's be fair, although there wasn't any text with the associated image, it was most probably posted in response to Marks question and I would bet they where aware of the little rumour here on Pinside, so for Stern this is improved communication, certainly better than the ignore everything and silence.

Quoted from ATLpb:

The game will be 'completed'- as much or more so than his modern games. If you think otherwise you aren't paying attention to all publicly available information. The picture is plenty even though it wasn't even necessary.

Exactly not to mention it's Lyman with his name associated to the game he will finish/complete the game to level we will all probably be very happy with.

I think the response of a photo rather than simply replying was probably because they where aware of what was being said here and the photo puts it to rest "Lyman is not working on BM66, well he is see".

Either way it's better then the stay tuned or radio silence we normally get. I would rather have this kind of communication from Stern that at least provides a response than questions being ignored and leaving customers in the dark.

#2963 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

The game will be 'completed'- as much or more so than his modern games. If you think otherwise you aren't paying attention to all publicly available information.

I don't think otherwise - that's exactly why I was willing to take a risk on buying an LE with alpha level code in January. I may not have faith in Stern, but I do in Lyman.

But I don't think Stern should get credit for great marketing or customer service simply because they posted a picture without any commentary. The picture may imply something, but in this case words are worth more.

#2964 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don't think otherwise - that's exactly why I was willing to take a risk on buying an LE with alpha level code in January. I may not have faith in Stern, but I do in Lyman.

If I was a betting man I would put money on most of us buying LEs was on the fact Lyman was on code.

Quoted from jfh:

But I don't think Stern should get credit for great marketing or customer service simply because they posted a picture without any commentary. The picture may imply something, but in this case words are worth more.

No one is crediting them for great marketing. But when they do something wrong Pinside is all over Stern, we are all guilty of that.

So when they do something right no matter how small it's worth highlighting and making them aware we are at least a little appreciative of a response and would like it to continue moving forward, even minimal effort/communication is better than none.

#2965 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If I was a betting man I would put money on most of us buying LEs was on the fact Lyman was on code.

If Lonnie was doing code, I would've never bought this game at the increased asking price.

#2966 6 years ago

Got the topper and add on beacon today. Anyone else having problems hooking the beacon up? I see NO way possible this will hook up based on what was in the box. The pictures they show are of an LE. Don't match my PRE at all. No node boards were included. Right now it just lights up static. Pretty boring for a $400 topper. If this is all this thing does it's going back.

IMAG0441 (resized).jpgIMAG0441 (resized).jpg

#2967 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If Lonnie was doing code, I would've never bought this game at the increased asking price.

Quoted from J85M:

Good to know my guess/bet was right

#2968 6 years ago

I ordered the Topper and add on Beacon also, have not received it yet.

I just went to the website and the add on beacon states for "LE",
the one with the stand states it fits all 3? I am wondering if you can only use one or the other without another node board?

#2969 6 years ago

Wtf? Didn't Chas say earlier this week that the higher priced one with the base was only to be used without a topper? The add on beacon is supposed to go with the topper? Makes no sense because they both are described as having a base.

#2970 6 years ago

Whatever it does, $400 USD for some thing that sits on the top of a pinball machine is nuts.

PS I have put my faith in the high lord of pinball programming and ordered a BM66. My first new NIB Stern pin since Metallica LE.

I have enjoyed playing it when I have had the chance. I played it on the latest code over in Scandinavia and liked it, even though it is only half done.

BM66 theme is a winner (as it has been since day one) and The Boss (Fiona) and The Champ (Danni) have wanted one since they saw pictures of it. They were a bit bummed when I passed on the $25,000 NZD SLE but I think I made the right call there ... in NZ, that would have been $10k plus down the toilet if I ever sold it down the line.

rd

#2971 6 years ago

I agree, very confusing. I will be in the same boat next week when mine arrives, let us know what you find out. I plan on calling them Monday

#2972 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

I ordered the Topper and add on Beacon also, have not received it yet.
I just went to the website and the add on beacon states for "LE"

I just saw that and that's NOT what it said earlier this week. Christ Stern doesn't even know what they're selling!! The $199 add on beacon has a keyed Molex connection to match the LE toppers. The PRE topper has a standard Molex connection. The PRE topper looks like it needs to have the $249 beacon. Even though I ordered the wrong beacon Stern should've realized that the two parts I ordered were not compatible. Now I gotta cough up another $50 because THEY misinformed us!!?? Thanks a lot!

#2973 6 years ago

Clarity on beacon....got mine and installed on my LE today...took 10 minutes...Molex was there...interacts fine ( on during attract mode, only cycles w batphone during gameplay...very neat). I believe the other, full size base, would work as a stand alone on a premium, or possibly fit behind the premium topper) dont know, as I dont have that one. Not sure how it would interact...they mention turning the batsignal "on" in the settings..that might have it interact the same way.

#2974 6 years ago

Is your Molex from your topper keyed? The connection from the PRE topper is rectangular and won't fit. Also the PRE topper does absolutely nothing during gameplay or attract mode. It just sits there static. Pretty sure this thing is going back. The damn thing could at least blink for $400!!

#2975 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Is your Molex from your topper keyed? The connection from the PRE topper is rectangular and won't fit. Also the PRE topper does absolutely nothing during gameplay or attract mode. It just sits there static. Pretty sure this thing is going back. The damn thing could at least blink for $400!!

Yep...keyed, and fits the female molex already in the topper...4 wire....did you find anything in the game settings menu...I didnt dig, as it plugged and played

#2976 6 years ago

You guys are gonna love it RD!

#2977 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep...keyed, and fits the female molex already in the topper...4 wire....did you find anything in the game settings menu...I didnt dig, as it plugged and played

There's nothing in the menu about turning the Bat signal on. I went through both SPI and Game settings. I don't know what they're talking about.

#2978 6 years ago

There's nothing in the menu about turning the Bat signal on. I went through both SPI and Game settings. I don't know what they're talking about.

Man, sorry to hear this...definitely call Chas and sort....

#2979 6 years ago

On a lighter note I'm super thrilled with my upgraded signed Adam West card.

IMAG0446 (resized).jpgIMAG0446 (resized).jpg

#2980 6 years ago

On a lighter note I'm super thrilled with my upgraded signed Adam West card.

Cool card where'd you get that?

#2981 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Clarity on beacon....got mine and installed on my LE today...took 10 minutes...Molex was there...interacts fine ( on during attract mode, only cycles w batphone during gameplay...very neat). I believe the other, full size base, would work as a stand alone on a premium, or possibly fit behind the premium topper) dont know, as I dont have that one. Not sure how it would interact...they mention turning the batsignal "on" in the settings..that might have it interact the same way.

Any chance you can do us a batvideo of the LE topper in action MK6PIN

#2982 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have enjoyed playing it when I have had the chance. I played it on the latest code over in Scandinavia and liked it, even though it is only half done.

Had a reservation for a LE which I passed over to a friend since I was not 100% convinced and it is the second most expensive pinball machine I considered to buy. After playing some games at my friends house and getting a bit bored of Aerosmith (which is a pretty solid machine, but not special in terms of gameplay and shots), it was pretty obvious... I need a BM66. And I love it.

Quoted from rotordave:

BM66 theme is a winner (as it has been since day one) and The Boss (Fiona) and The Champ (Danni) have wanted one since they saw pictures of it. They were a bit bummed when I passed on the $25,000 NZD SLE but I think I made the right call there ... in NZ, that would have been $10k plus down the toilet if I ever sold it down the line.

The theme is not only a winner... for me personaly it's the best out there.

The SLE is crazy, not only the pricing but also the application process and the restrictions... no way to even spend a second on considering this BS! But... f**k... it looks freakin' awesome

#2983 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Had a reservation for a LE which I passed over to a friend since I was not 100% convinced and it is the second most expensive pinball machine I considered to buy. After playing some games at my friends house and getting a bit bored of Aerosmith (which is a pretty solid machine, but not special in terms of gameplay and shots), it was pretty obvious... I need a BM66. And I love it.

The theme is not only a winner... for me personaly it's the best out there.
The SLE is crazy, not only the pricing but also the application process and the restrictions... no way to even spend a second on considering this BS! But... f**k... it looks freakin' awesome

Glad you like it Frank. You're a player like me, so that's a good sign.

Nothing beats men in tights. Ooofffff did I just say that ....

rd

#2984 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nothing beats men in tights. Ooofffff did I just say that ....
rd

Quoted for posterity.

#2985 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted for posterity.

Burt Wards book is called "my life in tights" ... pretty good reading.

rd

IMG_6342 (resized).JPGIMG_6342 (resized).JPG

#2986 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

After playing some games at my friends house and getting a bit bored of Aerosmith (which is a pretty solid machine, but not special in terms of gameplay and shots), it was pretty obvious... I need a BM66. And I love it.

This, and this... I was starting to wonder if I'm the only other person on the planet that isn't in love with Aerosmith pinball. Not bad by any stretch imo but I still just don't get it. The shots don't feel right to me and there are too many gimme locked balls from the pops. Everyone locally loves it... again I don't get it. I have more fun playing a half done BM66.

Agree with RD on toppers. I went topless a while ago on all my machines and don't regret it but to each their own!

Bat turn is too lucrative.
Villain escape is too weak.

#2987 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I was starting to wonder if I'm the only other person on the planet that isn't in love with Aerosmith pinball. Not bad by any stretch imo but I still just don't get it.

I am actually trying to decide between BM66 and Aerosmith..... I played AS and liked it, I also played BM66 but don't remember it to well as I played more games on AS.

#2988 6 years ago

Anyone having an issue with one of the villain vision targets getting stuck behind the metal bracket that's part of the mech? I recall seeing it addressed before, but searching for it turned up blank.

I've attempted to tighten/loosen the mech a bit and target was good for 5 plays or so then got stuck again.

#2989 6 years ago

Go with bm66. I have both, and I really like Aerosmith pro. It's a lot of fun. Batman66 is just as much fun to flip but it has the added video clips and such that literally make you LOL.

When you start multi ball and the clip starts of the fistfight with all the villains and Robin says "Shall we Batman?" And he replies "Let's Robin." It's lol funny. Same with the bat turn.

The artwork and theme just make it different from every other recent game. It's doesn't take it's self seriously and you're in on the joke.

#2990 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Anyone having an issue with one of the villain vision targets getting stuck behind the metal bracket that's part of the mech? I recall seeing it addressed before, but searching for it turned up blank.
I've attempted to tighten/loosen the mech a bit and target was good for 5 plays or so then got stuck again.

Yes, there are various fixes, but what worked for me was to add some 3M VHB tape behind the target and it added enough cushion to prevent the target from sticking on the metal plate. It was super annoying when I couldn't get the Joker target to work, but now it works fine again.

#2991 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

1 - take off the L bracket that rests against the playfield. Filenthe top down a little bit. This will raise the target so it stops getting stuck.

2 - have Stern send you a new target.

Stern sent me a new target. All I did was install the newer L bracket. Worked perfectly.

#2992 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Go with bm66. I have both, and I really like Aerosmith pro. It's a lot of fun. Batman66 is just as much fun to flip but it has the added video clips and such that literally make you LOL.

I am going to play the game again and decide. I have been reading through this thread and seeing what I can learn and need to know.

#2993 6 years ago

Aerosmith was impressive because:

1. Everyone thought it would suck before they saw it.
2. See #1 3000 more times.
3. It was delivered in a very complete shape compared to most recent stern releases.
4. It has a lot of redeeming qualities and is fun enough to shoot.
5. Surprise, it's not awful.

B66 gets hate because of the price, the release method and it's incompleteness. Basically, it's the opposite of AERO, but B66 will easily be a better game in the long term.

#2994 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Aerosmith was impressive because:
1. Everyone thought it would suck before they saw it.
2. See #1 3000 more times.
3. It was delivered in a very complete shape compared to most recent stern releases.
4. It has a lot of redeeming qualities and is fun enough to shoot.
5. Surprise, it's not awful.
B66 gets hate because of the price, the release method and it's incompleteness. Basically, it's the opposite of AERO, but B66 will easily be a better game in the long term.

You can't look into the future and know what BM66 is going to be. You are just hoping that it will be that way. People like AS because it's a really good game, not because of anything else. No game is going to be for everyone but when buying a game you had better buy based on the current state, not based on what you hope it becomes. I hope BM66 does turn out awesome, thats certainly not a sure thing though. AS is doing well because it's already really good. If you like that style of game you don't have to hope it works out with AS.

Stern just needs to get the code knocked out and the sales the start to pick up. Until then not many premiums are going to sell. I'm a buyer if they can get the code in great shape.

#2995 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

but when buying a game you had better buy based on the current state

Quoted for truth!

That's a big mistake a lot of people make ... buying something and then having an expectation it's going to be something else. That is only going to end in tears and disappointment ...

rd

#2996 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Any chance you can do us a batvideo of the LE topper in action MK6PIN

Not a lot to show.....here's the way I have it set now....beacon stays on in attract mode, turns off at the beginning of each game, then cycles on when Batphone triggered....very cool, as it catches your eye when "calling" BM...

( It REALLY looks good firing on a side wall, btw...just can't do it w current lineup...thinking about rearranging and swapping w IMVE, on the end of the row, so I can fire at the right wall)

IMG_1642 (resized).JPGIMG_1642 (resized).JPG

#2997 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not a lot to show.....here's the way I have it set now....beacon stays on in attract mode, turns off at the beginning of each game, then cycles on when Batphone triggered....very cool, as it catches your eye when "calling" BM...

Very Nice!!!!

Did you got the SP 49 or SP 48? What are the differences please if you know?

Regards and again....it looks absolutely very nice man!

#2998 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Very Nice!!!!
Did you got the SP 49 or SP 48? What are the differences please if you know?
Regards and again....it looks absolutely very nice man!

The SP48 is plug and play for LE's only ( that's what I have)....the SP49 is designed for premiums, as it goes the full length of the backbox....think it might fit behind the topper for the premium, but not sure, as I don't have one.

Thanks!!! I think it really " finishes" the Batphone effect...catches your eye nicely, and a subtle enhancement to an already beautiful machine....

#2999 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You can't look into the future and know what BM66 is going to be. You are just hoping that it will be that way.

That is my one concern. How far is it from being a good game. My games are in Florida and I spend most of my time in Baltimore. i wanted one game for my place in Baltimore so I can play a little pinball. I was going to get AS but really like the looks of BM66 and love the LE with the topper. I did enjoy playing AS.

#3000 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You can't look into the future and know what BM66 is going to be. You are just hoping that it will be that way. No game is going to be for everyone but when buying a game you had better buy based on the current state, not based on what you hope it becomes. I hope BM66 does turn out awesome, thats certainly not a sure thing though.

If anyone else but Lyman was coding I would agree with you whole heartedly, but so far I have bet on Lyman 3 times prior to BM66 (that's my 4th bet on Lyman) and he hasn't made me regret it yet. The guy seems to take genuine pride in his work and although he shouldn't I appreciate him massively for finishing games on his own time.

Out of the box SM, BDK, TWD were nothing to write home about but he turned them all into awesome games, admittedly BDK was his weakest but I don't think there is anyone else that could have done better with what Gomez gave him to work with physically, that's why I love BM66 so much, it has all the best bits of BDK (although I do miss that drop target and joker lock) but added everything I wanted my BDK to have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.