PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 373.
#1651 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

rlslick Is that for the entire turntable or the batmobile spinner?

Instructions for the whole turntable.

#1652 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Ok guys, Chaz came through with the pic as to what to what needs to be loosened in order to change the pitch of the turntable. He confirmed what I questioned and circled on the photo as the right screw(s) to loosen in order to change the pitch of the turntable.
Be sure the whole turntable assembly is screwed tightly to the playfield before preparing to adjust the pitch.
There are three of these brackets w/bolts that you need to loosen at the same time but do not unscrew them all the way. (See pic) You will know when it's loose enough as there will be some give allowing you to move the turntable up and down. I had the playfield up leaning against the head unit as if I were to do standard maintenance under the playfield. I then placed one hand on the turntable and playfield while looking at the underside of the playfield, using the other hand to push the turntable focusing first on front part until I could feel that the turntable was flush with the playfield. While holding the turntable flush with the playfield, slightly tightened the screws just enough so you can lower the playfield to check that it's aligned correctly. If aligned, tighten all 3 screws well. I was able to aligned the table on my first try...lucky I suppose.
Taking out the whole playfield and putting it on a turntable would be best if you have one. Unfortunately I do not and had to go the route as I described to get it fixed. Not ideal but it worked.

Thanks rlslick - so yours is flush now? If the fix is that simple, that's a major game "flaw" fixed.

#1653 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks rlslick - so yours is flush now? If the fix is that simple, that's a major game "flaw" fixed.

Yes, my turntable is now fixed. I would have never guessed loosening these screws that there would be any give to raise and lower the table. I'm certain when the playfields were on the assembly line that all of them had to be manually adjusted this way. From a solution standpoint, glad it's there so I/we can fix it but I'm surprised they didn't come up with a better design in the end.

#1654 7 years ago

cooked71 - Your welcome, glad I was able to see this to the end. Owe it Chaz for his time and fantastic support!

#1655 7 years ago

rlslick thank you so much for that pic. You rock.

#1656 7 years ago

Anyone wanting to replace their turntable Batmobiles with a new riveted one just needs to give Stern a call. Chas is more than happy to exchange it. Just need to send the defective one back.

#1657 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

cooked71 - Your welcome, glad I was able to see this to the end. Owe it Chaz for his time and fantastic support!

Fixed it tonight and now it's perfectly flush. Had to put some washers under the back adjuster bracket because I couldn't lower mine enough to make it flush. But now it's perfect! No ball hangs at all and super smooth.

#1658 7 years ago

New code up now:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-premium
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-super-le

V0.69.0 - February 16, 2017
===========================
- Added shaker motor effects.
- Cleaned up villain super jackpot award display effects (text, speed up).
- Added display effect and sounds for extra ball.
- Added display effect and sounds for extra ball lit.
- Fixed a bug in the batphone hurry-up where stacking the 4th villain
would not lock in the 4th villain; the 4th villain would continually
allow the batphone hurry-up to be restarted.
- Restart batphone hurry-up award from mystery now given every other time.
- Pop bumper target increases the pop bumper values.
- Implemented new versioning scheme.
- Added turntable magnet to villain vision shots to the turntable during
main multiball.
- Changed the names of the TV target targets and lamps.
- Stop penguin skill shot on certain playfield switches.
- Rework text bubbles for skill shot.
- Cleaned up control gate issues. Added open control gate for combos and
for batphone hurry-up.
- Extra ball now awarded on the left loop switch as well as the top eject.
- Added batphone hurry-up champion.
- Fixed an issue with the node start-up code that would fail to detect
the Villain Vision (TV) node on certain games. The node start-up code
would continually reset the node bus, and after 5 tries, give up.
Shortly after giving up, the TV node would come on-line. This has been
corrected.
- Major villain mode scoring now based on:
a) Number of times all villains have been captured
b) Batphone hurry-up score
c) Number of villain shots made.
- Major villain advance was not being initialized correctly (villains
would not require more shots after they had been completed). This has
been fixed.
- Added restart batphone hurry-up award to mystery.

#1659 7 years ago

I'm guessing 1.0 will be finished code.

Spidey VE shipped with code 1.0, then had a minor fix with code 1.01

#1660 7 years ago

I'd been having a problem where the JOKER targets wouldn't register and then magically fix themselves. Similarly, my 2x playfield and multiball super jackpot shots wouldn't register.

I think I found the cause of all problems. You can see in this image that the left edge of the right of the two stand ups is pinned on a metal support. This is forcing the switch to stay closed. Both stand ups are the same switch so when this one is closed hitting the left one does nothing.

I suspect that the switch for the 2x of multiplier is the same switch.

I haven't decided how to fix this yet, but I know otheres are having Joker problems and wanted to share.

IMG_2834 (resized).JPGIMG_2834 (resized).JPG

#1661 7 years ago

I want to turn down the force at which the ball feed kicker fires, but couldn't find an adjustment. Anyone know if there is one and/or where it is?

#1662 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm guessing 1.0 will be finished code.
Spidey VE shipped with code 1.0, then had a minor fix with code 1.01

Well, its a great update for me from .65

But it has a LONG ways to go

And i have no doubt 1.0 will be fantastic

#1663 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, its a great update for me from .65
But it has a LONG ways to go
And i have no doubt 1.0 will be fantastic

I think Lyman is going to turn this machine into a must have.

#1664 7 years ago

It's starting to take form. Early form but you can really start to feel it. It's going to develop into a fine pin

#1665 7 years ago

I like the new full orbit shots in .69!

#1666 7 years ago

I find it amazing that the code can actually make the game SHOOT better...I get shot geometry, etc., but man, the machine simply plays better now, have no idea on how to explain it

#1667 7 years ago

Not sure if others did this, but I got tired of seeing through the translight the 2 LCD wires hanging down.

I zip tied then to other wires, now the translight looks better when it's lit up.

IMG_2241 (resized).JPGIMG_2241 (resized).JPG

#1668 7 years ago

Although there are really no modes for the minor Villains yet. I picked Shame last night and I must say that is some pretty cool music there. I'm guessing not too many have done that yet.

#1669 7 years ago

Playing Batman while watching Batman?

DSCN5268 (resized).JPGDSCN5268 (resized).JPG

....and switching to Geico can save you a ton of money on your automobile insurance.

#1670 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Playing Batman while watching Batman?

....and switching to Geico can save you a ton of money on your automobile insurance.

You got something weird going on there......no way I want Joker staring at me while I'm playing the pin....have a feeling if Lyman really makes that little TV interact and taunt while you play, the creepy factor goes WAY up!!!

#1671 7 years ago

I played a Batman 66 Premium for the first time today and really enjoyed it! What a great looking machine. This game will be really good once the code gets completed. And with Lyman we know it will be.

#1672 7 years ago

This update pace is perfectly fine by me.

Really like the left orbit switch awarding the EB (instead of having to make it into the saucer).

Don't know how many updates there will be between now and 1.0... but just look at all the fixes and improvements we got going from .68 to .69!

#1673 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Not sure if others did this, but I got tired of seeing through the translight the 2 LCD wires hanging down.
I zip tied then to other wires, now the translight looks better when it's lit up.

Did the same a while back - was annoying and ugly, easy fix!

#1674 7 years ago

I kind of like the code progression. Especially with Lyman and seeing how the pin evolves.

It was the same way with TWD and that turned out great

Although it did ship with better code

#1675 7 years ago

This latest update has been interesting. It's such small changes "on paper" but you can see the ripple effects throughout the whole game, and the fun factor steadily increasing.

#1676 7 years ago

Is there a min-wizard mode in the current code?

Last night, I completed the 4 main villains...I didn't know what to do next.

#1677 7 years ago

Lyman is the draw for this game for sure.

He is so good I am almost thinking of just having Lyman games. These would be the ones I want - have some already.

AFM
MB
SM
TWD
TRON
ACDC
MET

His games are pure fun plus so many clever hooks to keep the player on the edge.

#1678 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is there a min-wizard mode in the current code?
Last night, I completed the 4 main villains...I didn't know what to do next.

Not yet.

#1679 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

He is so good I am almost thinking of just having Lyman games. These would be the ones I want - have some already.
AFM
MB
SM
TWD
TRON
ACDC
His games are pure fun plus so many clever hooks to keep the player on the edge.

Replace AC/DC with MET and you've got a nice list.

#1680 7 years ago

I got that loop shot coming at me like fire last night and the extra ball animations are way cool.

And that Shame music is the best!

#1681 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Replace AC/DC with MET and you've got a nice list.

I didn't want to type anything... hard to imagine reading his post without seeing MET in the list...

#1682 7 years ago

Yellow molding to replace the curious red factory choice and to stick with my penguin-esque them.

Modfather custom shooter and pincup.

IMG_0944.JPGIMG_0944.JPG
IMG_0943.JPGIMG_0943.JPG
image.jpgimage.jpg

Ugh... green start button needs replacing

#1683 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I didn't want to type anything... hard to imagine reading his post without seeing MET in the list...

How could I forget MET?! Awesome game. List amended

#1684 7 years ago

This pin a downright addicting! Even with early code is shaping up nicely. Logged another 1 hr on it.

#1685 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This pin a downright addicting! Even with early code is shaping up nicely. Logged another 1 hr on it.

I agree man; the Gordon shot is so critical for huge scores, but so dangerous. This game is already falling into the 'easy to learn, difficult to master' category.

#1686 7 years ago

The more I play the last update, the more pumped I am about this game. It's going to be amazing once that mode is added for finishing the 4 villians, and then all the call outs and stuff to be added, and everything else.

The skeleton game that's there is really demonstrating an awesome risk/reward game. How much do you push your luck? Will be a new classic.

#1687 7 years ago

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#1688 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And that Shame music is the best!

Totally agree!

#1689 7 years ago

I can't wait until Shame is a complete mode. He rocks!

shame_abcadvert (resized).jpgshame_abcadvert (resized).jpg

#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The more I play the last update, the more pumped I am about this game. It's going to be amazing once that mode is added for finishing the 4 villians, and then all the call outs and stuff to be added, and everything else.
The skeleton game that's there is really demonstrating an awesome risk/reward game. How much do you push your luck? Will be a new classic.

Completely agree....the right orbit is wicked fast, as well....so many ways to make this one a classic...multiball is mind blowing on the senses as is!!!

#1691 7 years ago

The game is coming along nicely. The extra ball clip is so cool. I really like the game so far. The shots are nice and satisfying. Looking forward to more code in the coming weeks and months!! It's fun to watch the game progress.

#1692 7 years ago

And we haven't even seen how the sub-villains and gadgets will be integrated.

Really enjoying the simplicity of the layout. It's super fast - there is almost no stopping. Slings can be brutal. And the risk reward shots are great. Animations/call outs/music are already leagues above most games.

#1693 7 years ago

Not sure if I'll want to update the code........

A couple pics of my spotlight approach....makes a huge difference, and lights the rotisserie targets nicely, without even affecting the TV

IMG_1556 (resized).JPGIMG_1556 (resized).JPG

IMG_1557 (resized).JPGIMG_1557 (resized).JPG

#1694 7 years ago

Since the update to .69 the magnet sometimes grabs the ball and won't let it go. I have to take the glass off to move it or turn the game off. Anyone have any idea how to stop it?

#1695 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

AFM
MB
SM
TWD
TRON
ACDC
MET

Thats what i do lol...

#1696 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Since the update to .69 the magnet sometimes grabs the ball and won't let it go. I have to take the glass off to move it or turn the game off. Anyone have any idea how to stop it?

I've not had this problem yet.

#1697 7 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Has anyone installed the Hot Wheels Batcopter on their LE or Premium as yet?
If so can you give me some pointers on how you attached the wire to the copter?

Still trying to work this one out if anyone has any pointers. I think they are attached on the SLE with cable ties but can't be certain.

#1698 7 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Still trying to work this one out if anyone has any pointers. I think they are attached on the SLE with cable ties but can't be certain.

I know one member bent a wire coat hanger. A few others have suggested piano wire. Pretty sure the batcopter attaches with zip ties on top. The bottom is just a loop attached to the nut.

EDIT: See page 25 of this thread for some great info.

#1699 7 years ago

i'm liking the new code. wish it had some voice-overs / call-outs. Also, the choppy clips of the joker are odd as they loop.
it's more fun to watch the color display now when someone else is playing. find myself watching the display more than the playfield at the moment.

#1700 7 years ago

If anyone wants to geek out on some Batman 66 stuff there was a lot of talk about it and some various memorabilia on Comic Book Men on AMC last night. They even had the shark repellent, enough said.

For the extra geeks, there was a real copy of Detective Comics #27 in the show as well, pretty amazing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.