New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,337 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by bajm
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,527 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201202_174603 (resized).jpg
51FD26F2-40F7-46FA-8F2A-2F0C7F96E4C1 (resized).jpeg
20201127_111855 (resized).jpg
20201127_111534 (resized).jpg
20201127_111524 (resized).jpg
20201127_111510 (resized).jpg
20201120_151227 (resized).jpg
20201127_111801 (resized).jpg
20201127_111820 (resized).jpg
BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16337 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 327.
#3201 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

After watching the SW stream I'm even happier with my BM66LE, won't be rushing out for SW.

I thought SW stream looked fantastic. Best use of the LCD screen by far. The level of incomplete code on BM66 is alarming when compared to SW. Lyman really has his work cut out for him.

#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I thought SW stream looked fantastic. Best use of the LCD screen by far. The incomplete code on BM66 is alarming when compared to SW. Lyman really has his work cut out for him.

I am also "in" for a SW and I liked what I saw in the video. Codewise it looks by far more sophisticated at this time than the current status on BM66. But... hey do you really need 40x multipliers? I love multipliers, but I also love balanced scoring. Saying that... I also love risk/reward, because this creates "special moments" like insane 3x Song Jackpots on AC/DC. Just keeping the balls alive in a four/five/six ball multiball with getting 40x by "random" shots and afterwards wondering... WTF are the huge points are coming from is not a special moment!

So please Lyman - implement those special moments in the BM66 code

#3203 3 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Codewise it looks by far more sophisticated at this time than the current status on BM66.

By about a year.

Quoted from frg:

Working up to a 6x shot multiplier with 3x playfield is pretty great.

#3204 3 years ago

A bit disappointing not having code today.

#3205 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Today marks 42 days since the last Gomez Drop. In the beginning when they were "only" missing his 2 weeks goal by 2-13 days, they would have had two code drops in this timeframe. The gaps are getting longer. It may literally be the end of the year before there's a version 1.00.

#3206 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yep. Really hoping the next code drop is a significant jump. I hardly noticed anything new in the last update other than some bug fixes?

#3207 3 years ago

This has been a horrible gap between updates.
Really sucks. Bad enough was once a month (end of month) but to be into middle of next by this time next week blows with no code.

#3208 3 years ago

If it makes you feel any better, Batman is still the most recent Stern to receive a code update.

#3209 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If it makes you feel any better, Batman is still the most recent Stern to receive a code update.

But the only one nowhere near 1.00.

MAYBE Star Wars, but the video looked substantially more complete than BM'66, so it's probably around 1.00.

#3210 3 years ago

1000% agree.

This is a wtf moment

Here comes SW with what seems to be nearly full blown code.

Why, after they made the Expo $$ grab, which is fine and I participated in, are we still at this point in the software?

Yes I know it will end up being awesome with typical Lyman but seriously, its a wtf moment!

#3211 3 years ago

I was at Meijer's last week and saw Hot Wheels classic batman toys from the movie. they had the BatCopter, the Bat Bike and side car, and the bat Boat. Not sure if anyone would want them for their machine, but thought I would let you guys know. Also Hallmark is doing the Bat Copter in their ornaments this year.

#3212 3 years ago

Pintastic starts today hopefully Lyman has been busy adding a tonne of stuff and we see a code drop today, last update dropped a day before/day last expo started so hopefully we see a repeat of that.

Plus some people have said Lyman is attending Pintastic, surely he would drop code so he doesn't get mobbed by people asking about BM66 code

Saying that if we don't get code today make sure you guys that are going mob him and pin him into a corner so you can ask him

#3213 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

1000% agree.
This is a wtf moment
Here comes SW with what seems to be nearly full blown code.
Why, after they made the Expo $$ grab, which is fine and I participated in, are we still at this point in the software?
Yes I know it will end up being awesome with typical Lyman but seriously, its a wtf moment!

Maybe...just maybe he is taking his time to do a meaningful code drop because of the constant whining that the more frequent drops were not good enough. Maybe he is tired of some people making a lot of assumptions based on no fact at all. Had Lyman made the comment about code every 2 weeks, I would have put a lot more stock in it. Gomez made the comment, and he can say anything he wants, he is not the person coding the game. Lyman never said 2-weeks, yet he is the one everyone blames.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Maybe...just maybe he is taking his time to do a meaningful code drop because of the constant whining that the more frequent drops were not good enough. Maybe he is tired of some people making a lot of assumptions based on no fact at all. Had Lyman made the comment about code every 2 weeks, I would have put a lot more stock in it. Gomez made the comment, and he can say anything he wants, he is not the person coding the game.

I agree, I'm waiting until end of today, a show like Pintastic is a great place to get a lot of feedback on a code update, good, bad and bugs.

Plus as much as I was joking above I am sure there are people that wouldn't be afraid to whine and pester him in person which wouldn't be cool, this whole BM66 code issue is George's doing Lyman is most probably working as fast as he can to deliver another masterpiece.

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Maybe...just maybe he is taking his time to do a meaningful code drop because of the constant whining that the more frequent drops were not good enough. Maybe he is tired of some people making a lot of assumptions based on no fact at all. Had Lyman made the comment about code every 2 weeks, I would have put a lot more stock in it. Gomez made the comment, and he can say anything he wants, he is not the person coding the game.

Thank you.

#3216 3 years ago
Quoted from frg:

I am also "in" for a SW and I liked what I saw in the video. Codewise it looks by far more sophisticated at this time than the current status on BM66. But... hey do you really need 40x multipliers? I love multipliers, but I also love balanced scoring. Saying that... I also love risk/reward, because this creates "special moments" like insane 3x Song Jackpots on AC/DC. Just keeping the balls alive in a four/five/six ball multiball with getting 40x by "random" shots and afterwards wondering... WTF are the huge points are coming from is not a special moment!

I agree FRG... 40x, much like 25x on GOT is kind of blegh. Some of my best games on GOT were flukes that involved spamming the battering ram for pf X and getting huge chaos based flippy flapping during hand of the king. It's not that it doesn't take skill to get there and hit the battering ram a ton or whatever it's just kind of not as fun for me as blown piston targets and tower 2x's.

I love how dangerous the commissioner target x shot multiplier is and I love the atomic pile 2x pf with ability to extend via the "non-gimme" left orbit.

Also regarding the commissioner target, I want to get a 1B batphone answer. Might have to take tilt bob out haha.

#3217 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I agree FRG... 40x, much like 25x on GOT is kind of blegh. Some of my best games on GOT were flukes that involved spamming the battering ram for pf X and getting huge chaos based flippy flapping during hand of the king. It's not that it doesn't take skill to get there and hit the battering ram a ton or whatever it's just kind of not as fun for me as blown piston targets and tower 2x's.
I love how dangerous the commissioner target x shot multiplier is and I love the atomic pile 2x pf with ability to extend via the "non-gimme" left orbit.
Also regarding the commissioner target, I want to get a 1B batphone answer. Might have to take tilt bob out haha.

That right there is exactly why Lyman is worth waiting for.

It's the little touches he adds that makes you work the playfield and make the risk/reward feel natural and fully integrated, that sets his rules apart.

GOT is great but bashing the ram over and over in order to get multipliers is classic pinball wood chopping.

Not once have I felt going for the Atomic pile or Commissioner target is chopping wood or repetitive just feels part of the natural progression and it's a tonne of fun when it goes right and frustrating as hell when it goes wrong

#3218 3 years ago

Well no game code dropped which was pretty disappointing. If anyone with a BM66 is attending Pintastic and if Lyman is there as people have said he might be attending, maybe someone could ask him.

Obviously don't hound him but anyone who's attending could politely ask Lyman what's the plan for BM66 code, more likely to get an honest answer from him than George, fact he just liked a Facebook post by neilmcrae and gave no response was lame!

#3219 3 years ago

I need some help in fixing a problem with the ball lock post. I am running 0.75. It is releasing any locked balls whenever a villain is completed. It was working ok before I started experimenting with the game settings. I have restored the parameters back to their factory defaults, but the problem persists.

I am thinking of reloading the 0.75 code from scratch, as probably something in the code image been corrupted, or there is a bug in the parameter handling. Has anyone else experienced problems with either ball locks not being recognized, or false multiballs?

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well no game code dropped which was pretty disappointing. If anyone with a BM66 is attending Pintastic and if Lyman is there as people have said he might be attending, maybe someone could ask him.
Obviously don't hound him but anyone who's attending could politely ask Lyman what's the plan for BM66 code, more likely to get an honest answer from him than George, fact he just liked a Facebook post by neilmcrae and gave no response was lame!

Very disappointing.

Dwight has coded GB and SW, 2 of the last 4 pins.

Maybe..........

We can get a "substantial" update sooner than later. Like you say, somebody ask Lyman at Pintastic and report back. He won't bite you.

#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

I need some help in fixing a problem with the ball lock post. I am running 0.75. It is releasing any locked balls whenever a villain is completed. It was working ok before I started experimenting with the game settings. I have restored the parameters back to their factory defaults, but the problem persists.
I am thinking of reloading the 0.75 code from scratch, as probably something in the code image been corrupted, or there is a bug in the parameter handling. Has anyone else experienced problems with either ball locks not being recognized, or false multiballs?

Haven't seen that. The only issue I've seen with the ball lock is if there's a ball search, it will dump everything that's in the ball lock and then not know there are multiple balls out, so the game goes dead when the first one drains. But that's a ball management issue.

I'd just try loading the factory defaults in the menu before reflashing 0.75 completely. I had something weird like this happen with Metallica where a coin-up would reset the machine. Loading factory defaults solved it when nothing else seemed to. Some kind of memory corruption happened. Might be similar in your case.

#3222 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If anyone with a BM66 is attending Pintastic and if Lyman is there as people have said he might be attending, maybe someone could ask him.

Im at the show and lyman wasnt here yesterday. I hope he comes today.

There are no Batman66's at the show at all so Gabe asked if I could put my LE in the Project Pinball booth for $1 donation to them per play. I would have loved to but I still havent recieved my replacement node board yet so I couldn't bring it.

#3223 3 years ago

Double wow. Not a single one setup to be played and holy crap you still didn't get that replacement board yet!?! Sorry man

#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Im at the show and lyman wasnt here yesterday. I hope he comes today.
There are no Batman66's at the show at all so Gabe asked if I could put my LE in the Project Pinball booth for $1 donation to them per play. I would have loved to but I still havent recieved my replacement node board yet so I couldn't bring it.

Which board are you waiting on Doc?

I'm getting a new topper node board.

#3225 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Node board 24 which is the mini LCD. Was working fine then when I did the 0.75 update it put up a message that it was bad and hasnt worked since.

#3226 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Im at the show and lyman wasnt here yesterday.

I guess he decided to work on BM66 instead......

#3227 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm on my 3rd beacon and counting. Every single one I've gotten from Stern has been scratched to hell.

#3228 3 years ago

I'd just try a factory reset and see what happens.

#3229 3 years ago

I'm on my 3rd beacon and counting. Every single one I've gotten from Stern has been scratched to hell.

My topper is in excellent shape. Just doesn't work

The dip switch sequence was set wrong at the factory, reset it properly, the LEd light is on but nothing

#3230 3 years ago

I will admit I am a defender on BM when it comes to code, but if you are thinking about the Bat Signal spotlight topper, my suggestion is to save your money. Had to re-work mine.....the quality left a lot to be desired. They are using a $29 spot light and actually using a bead of silicone to hold in a 29 cent plastic insert with the BM logo. There was silicone all over the lens and the bead around the edge was smeared, which made the whole thing look like crap. Took it all apart and fixed it, and now it looks OK, but not what I was hoping it would be. Just sloppy work, and nowhere near the value of what they are charging. Even with the circuit board they installed in the light base (I don't know what it does), the unit is way over-priced.

#3231 3 years ago

All 3 of my beacons were scratched on the lens behind the removable Bat lens. Chas is aware of the issue and trying his best to test them before they go out. I sent my 3rd to him and he said he will personally fix it and send it back to me. I think the assemblers are scratching the lenses removing the excess silicone. If this thing was $50 I'd probably just live with it but for $250 its needs to be damn near perfect. The longer I own this machine the more I feel the pain in my wallet. They need to get their shit together with BM66 or it will for sure go down as the biggest blunder Stern has ever put out. If it isn't already,

#3232 3 years ago

How are the beacons scratched??? What to look for??? I have one on mine,and I thought it could be clearer!! Thank-you for posting!!!

#3233 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

How are the beacons scratched??? What to look for??? I have one on mine,and I thought it could be clearer!! Thank-you for posting!!!

The beacons are scratched on the lens behind the removable Bat lens. Loosen the clamp that holds the focus lens. Slide it all the way off. There you will see the Bat lens secured with 2 tiny screws. Remove that lens and you will see the fixed lens that is secured with silicone. That lens is the one that is being scratched at the factory during assembly. I spent an hour trying to figure out where these damn scratches were. I was hoping they were on the Bat lens. If that was the case getting a replacement from Stern would be easy. I've been able to feel every scratch with my fingernail. There's no way in Hell they are testing these things. This is ridiculous for a part they are charging $250 for if you're like me and have the PRE topper. They will focus reasonably well. But you won't get the Bat AND its edges perfectly clear. You'll need find a decent medium between the two.

IMAG0453_1 (resized).jpg

IMAG0460 (resized).jpg

#3234 3 years ago

I'd just try a factory reset and see what happens.

I tried that, and it didn't help. Something is really messed up. It used to at least behave properly most of the time, but now it always releases locked balls after any villain capture.

#3235 3 years ago

So I'm here playing Star Wars pro at a friend's house on .83 code and it's pretty painful seeing how much deeper this is compared to batman right now. Just another reminder that we barely have half a game. It hurts seeing the code disparity. This better be some whopper on the next drop.

#3236 3 years ago

So I have to agree on that about the code. If you consider the last GB code was the same week of .65 then both Dwight (and incidentally I'm the chump that asked Dwight when the GB code would be finished at the start of the Star Wars deadflip video LOL) and Lyman have been working on it roughly the same amount of time. We need a big release this week!

#3237 3 years ago

I tried that, and it didn't help. Something is really messed up. It used to at least behave properly most of the time, but now it always releases locked balls after any villain capture.

Looks like a potential bug, might be worth letting the stern guys know.

#3238 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

We need a big release this week!

I agree. My patience and goodwill are wearing a little thin. We all know the story of BM66 being rushed out, ahead of AS for example, and many of us have been cool with that situation since Expo, while both AS and SW came out with much better code. I expected that. If we get another new pin release after SW with better code than BM66 has by that point, my goodwill will be over. I'm still hopeful, but no longer optimistic. My BM66 LE purchase deposit invoice is dated August 30, 2016. How much longer can Lyman dedicate significant resources to BM66 with Lonnie and Dwight having coded new games since he has?

#3239 3 years ago

that bat beacon looks like a 5.00 toy
so many better ways to make a beacon
just poor design and just another big ol money grab for stern
they wont throw you guys a bone i mean really ??!!!

#3240 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I agree. My patience and goodwill are wearing a little thin. We all know the story of BM66 being rushed out, ahead of AS for example, and many of us have been cool with that situation since Expo, while both AS and SW came out with much better code. I expected that. If we get another new pin release after SW with better code than BM66 has by that point, my goodwill will be over. I'm still hopeful, but no longer optimistic. My BM66 LE purchase deposit invoice is dated August 30, 2016. How much longer can Lyman dedicate significant resources to BM66 with Lonnie and Dwight having coded new games since he has?

your so last year to stern, they want the new money!
ask kiss pin owners!

#3241 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Best I understand, at Expo last year Lyman had been on BM66 for 4 months, which was too early to let the public play it. That would put the start date around June 2016 for his work.

So we're around the 1 year mark on BM66. I am not sure how long a game typically gets, and how much is supported by other coders as opposed to the main coder.

Was BM66 hamstrung by the frequent public releases, where the game would have to be frozen and tested for each release, as opposed to just knocking it out?

All of this is moot if the BM66 code could be wrapped up in a satisfactory way.

#3242 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So I have to agree on that about the code. If you consider the last GB code was the same week of .65 then both Dwight (and incidentally I'm the chump that asked Dwight when the GB code would be finished at the start of the Star Wars deadflip video LOL) and Lyman have been working on it roughly the same amount of time. We need a big release this week!

Yep...it's time for sure...

#3243 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

that bat beacon looks like a 5.00 toy
so many better ways to make a beacon
just poor design and just another big ol money grab for stern
they wont throw you guys a bone i mean really ??!!!

Not exactly true.....focusing optical lens ( glass) and a pretty tidy assembly inside..the silicone ring around the edge " softens" the whole effect....quite nice, actually. Is it worth $200? of course not. But comparatively to the pin, a very nice finishing touch.....

#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'm the chump that asked Dwight when the GB code would be finished at the start of the Star Wars deadflip video LOL

I wouldn't worry Jody read your comment pretty quick and ignored it even quicker

MET & TWD, took what just under a year and a half for Lyman to finish? Maybe he's finishing BM66 in one big drop? I sure hope that is the plan, at this point it's the only explaination.

#3245 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not exactly true.....focusing optical lens ( glass) and a pretty tidy assembly inside..the silicone ring around the edge " softens" the whole effect....quite nice, actually. Is it worth $200? of course not. But comparatively to the pin, a very nice finishing touch.....

i am one of the suckers that bought the horrendous gb topper
believe me i have been there!

#3246 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

How much longer can Lyman dedicate significant resources to BM66 with Lonnie and Dwight having coded new games since he has?

Gomez comments aside, "significant resources" clearly haven't been allocated to BM'66 since like Feb/Mar. We're now at 45 days since the last Gomez Drop, and they're only getting longer. It's been 7 months since release. The features, by and large, aren't close to being filled in in the alpha code. No seasons, no sub-villains, no new multiballs. It's clearly a low priority at Stern, probably because it's boutique with Kapow, and the sales were crappy because of the alpha code.

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am one of the suckers that bought the horrendous gb topper
believe me i have been there!

I hear ya!!! I didn't do the GB pin, but the price on some of this stuff is definitely getting out of control...the beacon does it for me, as it's an eye catcher when it triggers w Batphone.

Sort of look around my game room sometimes, and feel queasy at the amount of cash I've dropped in here....compared to a semi loaded Tahoe for $70k, not so bad though...talk about cash grabs...knowing you're losing your ass as soon as you leave the lot. I've never got that one. Guess the cabbage has to go somewhere......

#3248 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

and the sales were crappy because of the alpha code.

Poor sales was also likely due to the higher price tag. Everyone pretty much agrees the Batman66 premium is really a pro features wise with a premium/LE pricetag.

#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Poor sales was also likely due to the higher price tag. Everyone pretty much agrees the Batman66 premium is really a pro features wise with a premium/LE pricetag.

In the Premium's defence it's got a lot more on it than most pros these days. I love everything about the game except this wait on code which at this point is really souring the who owners experience with this title.

#3250 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

and the sales were crappy because of the alpha code.

Ive never got this concept, as SLE's and LE's were sold out instantly. This can only apply to premiums, I guess.

I want finished code as bad as the next guy, but still enjoy playing it as is for now. Code will come...I'll take an " unfinished, pre Alpha, whatever" BM over many, many " finished" titles....is what it is....zero regrets here

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
There are 16337 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 327.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside