By TigerLaw

1 year ago

Stats

• 8,233 posts
  • 333 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by BrewinBombers
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,847 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AlfcycleMoultonStowaway (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180122-153809 (resized).jpg
IMG_9750 (resized).jpg
4127FB84-1DC8-406D-A9CE-9E890481FD84 (resized).jpeg
FD9D7D4E-1DD8-4D0C-A5E7-39E1076357DA (resized).jpeg
C8582B8D-AEDB-47FA-B2E4-8C6C0480DDBC (resized).jpeg
mr._freeze_batman_1966 (resized).jpg
freeze3 (resized).jpg
freeze1 (resized).jpg
shame (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1516560260698 (resized).jpg
bat-retheme (resized).jpg
2e3992e35ec57814e81f6b3ec21436b2--batman--batman-robin (resized).jpg
kingtut_car-e1459362861214 (resized).jpg
9CB33C0B-561F-4D0B-AFF1-2AECAE028D79 (resized).jpeg
AFA15698-043D-4F54-9A1F-2B95A136C74F (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 8233 posts in topic. You are on page 8 of 165.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

Does bare wood show on the front left side of the game? The last pic looks odd where the armor meets the cab...

Quoted from DCFAN:

That does look strange in the picture. It makes it look like a piece of the siderail is missing.

I just enlarged and enhanced the photo brightness, it's just a reflection but at first glance it does look strangely like wood

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

Does bare wood show on the front left side of the game? The last pic looks odd where the armor meets the cab...

Yes, wood but appears painted black. You can see in the attached image where the decals end and you can see the corner of the wood cabinet. The decals are "just short" of touching each other. Not an issue for me.

See other attached photo for top of LD bar. This WILL wear over time. They are simply decals with out any protection ...

20170107_093002 (resized).jpg
20170107_093123 (resized).jpg

#353 1 year ago

I thought people where referring to the wood coloured glare/reflection on your siderail/protectors

MT45, so there is no clear over the pinstriping or lockbar decals? I know there is a mod coming for the bat symbol button, guess when I get mine pinstriped I'll definitely go ahead with clear asking as it can be done over the factory powder/finish.

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from clg:

If these wear in a HUO environment pinball is dead and buried in the wild.

I have not doubt that the pin striping will wear. If you put a sticker on an area of a PB where your hands are ALL the time, it will eventually show signs of wear or failure. See pic of the top of the LD bar. Every time you touch the center action button you are touching a decal (appears matte finished and no glossy protective overlay)

No biggie, I protect it somehow and I think replacement would be about a 10 second job if and when it got damaged.

Think games like GOT and ST - the action buttons on the top of the LD bar are surrounding by laser cut metal
20170107_093123 (resized).jpg

#355 1 year ago

Not to stir the pot but for a $15000 pin Stern couldn't even clearcoat over the decals and pin striping??

Quoted from J85M:

I know there is a mod coming for the bat symbol button, guess when I get mine pinstriped I'll definitely go ahead with clear asking as it can be done over the factory powder/finish.

What mod are you referring to? Do you know who's making it? Thanks! Btw does anyone know if there is such a thing as matte finish clear coat? Maybe the LE/PRE owners can just spray some over their lockdown bars.

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

I have not doubt that the pin striping will wear. If you put a sticker on an area of a PB where your hands are ALL the time, it will eventually show signs of wear or failure. See pic of the top of the LD bar. Every time you touch the center action button you are touching a decal (appears matte finished and no glossy protective overlay)
No biggie, I protect it somehow and I think replacement would be about a 10 second job if and when it got damaged.
Think games like GOT and ST - the action buttons on the top of the LD bar are surrounding by laser cut metal

So just a direct decal with no clear? I assumed there was clear shows what I know!

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from clg:

So just a direct decal with no clear? I assumed there was clear shows what I know!

Yes, appears that the armor was painted and then cleared, and THEN the striping was added. I thought the same thing you did - why not pinstripe, then clear?

#358 1 year ago

Anyone else have this MESS with their plaque? Pulled the protective plastic cover off and it left behind a gooey mess that only Goo Gone would remove. Cleaned it up then re-installed with a PET-G cover to protect it from scratches ...
20170107_131445 (resized).jpg20170107_143320 (resized).jpg20170107_143443 (resized).jpg

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yes, appears that the armor was painted and then cleared, and THEN the striping was added. I thought the same thing you did - why not pinstripe, then clear?

You are very right then it will probably get worn off quite quickly. They should have cleared it!

#360 1 year ago

Thanks for Video and info. Also available in 4x4 sheets. unfortunately they arrive with dings from shipping. Hopefully the smooth out. amazon.com link »

Quoted from MT45:

Finally!!! Got a chance to play 3 games and LOVED it. Different feel than other games. Lots of fun.
Spent just under 3 hours tonight with my daughters help crafting a custom playfield protector out of PET-G material I purchased on Amazon. Only tools needed were scissors, razor knife, hole punch set and some blue tape (and patience!).
My daughter shot a time lapse video of both cutting the PET-G and then hole punching it - I was so focused on getting it done I did not even know until she showed me and surprised me - it's cool! (and posted below in 2 parts)
Pics are of the process I used to build a template. The nice thing about BM66 is that you can make one of these and install it with ONLY taking the flipper bats off!
I ran it all the way to the beginning of the left and right orbits and right to the edge of the large turntable. When and where I "cut" the protector material in those areas, I used a small piece of Hobby Lobby removable "mylar" to hold the exposed edge in place. Worked like a champ
Now I can play and keep the PF in mint shape as well

» YouTube video
» YouTube video

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone else have this MESS with their plaque? Pulled the protective plastic cover off and it left behind a gooey mess that only Goo Gone would remove. Cleaned it up then re-installed with a PET-G cover to protect it from scratches ...

That horrible QC on any game, let alone a $15k one ...

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from pindel:

Thanks for Video and info. Also available in 4x4 sheets. unfortunately they arrive with dings from shipping. Hopefully the smooth out. amazon.com link »

Yea - my large roll came with a few dings - I cut my large sheets around the bad spots. The dings will not go away unfortunately BUT the sheets to begin to lay flat after a bit. Good luck with your install!

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I thought people where referring to the wood coloured glare/reflection on your siderail/protectors
MT45, so there is no clear over the pinstriping or lockbar decals? I know there is a mod coming for the bat symbol button, guess when I get mine pinstriped I'll definitely go ahead with clear asking as it can be done over the factory powder/finish.

I WAS talking about the odd glare on MT45's side protector on the left side Looked like a chunk of decal was missing.

I also noticed the thin strip that is unprotected where the decals don't quite meet but figured that is simply how Stern is doing it on this
title. MT45 has the close up of this also.

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Not to stir the pot but for a $15000 pin Stern couldn't even clearcoat over the decals and pin striping??

Lets face it, the decals and pin striping should have been applied and then cleared, but this is Stern - cutting corners and cheapening out where ever they can has become their trademark recently even if it means putting something out that makes no sense like exposed decals.

What surprises me though, is the simple fact this is George's game and he is known to love engineering things, typically engineers think of everything to ensure efficiency in the design and engineer things that work! Plus as VP of Game Design it seems odd the decision to apply decals in high traffic areas with no clear came from someone with an engineering mind who is clearly excited about this game, it was either his call or the beancounters hopefully its the later, I cant see how applying the decals to the powder and then clearing would have cost any more or less? Seems like another Stern oversight approached with a lack of common sense.

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

I WAS talking about the odd glare on MT45's side protector on the left side Looked like a chunk of decal was missing.
I also noticed the thin strip that is unprotected where the decals don't quite meet but figured that is simply how Stern is doing it on this
title. MT45 has the close up of this also.

Oh well in that case scrap my not stupid after all

That glare just caught my eye so its good to know you where referring to that because I couldn't see anything else I even went back and looked at the picture to workout what I was missing

#366 1 year ago

I started a thread on how to modify the Stern used Batsignal Toy into a more TV specific Batman 66 version. check it out here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-batsignal-mod-tutorial-for-batman66

before_after (resized).jpg

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Oh well in that case scrap my not stupid after all
That glare just caught my eye so its good to know you where referring to that because I couldn't see anything else I even went back and looked at the picture to workout what I was missing

Glad to ease your mind

#368 1 year ago

Anyone getting a ball hanging up "just on the other side" of the mini-turntable (Batmobile on top) that spins inside the larger turntable? This is happening to me on every single game. The ball will roll out as the game cycles ball search. The larger turntable will spin one turn, then on the second the ball rolls out.

See image of the ball just sitting in there as it catches against the edge of the mini one ...

It appears that the mini-turntable is about 1/2mm too high?

Is there a height adjustment on it??

20170107_165039 (resized).jpg

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone getting a ball hanging up "just on the other side" of the mini-turntable (Batmobile on top) that spins inside the larger turntable? This is happening to me on every single game. The ball will roll out as the game cycles ball search. The larger turntable will spin one turn, then on the second the ball rolls out.
See image of the ball just sitting in there as it catches against the edge of the mini one ...
Is there a height adjustment on it??

I can't see the ball in that pic.
Is the same ball hangup that was happening on the dead flip stream last week?

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

You need to put some plastic protector on that mech MT

#371 1 year ago

batman-sle-card-1 (resized).jpg

#372 1 year ago

IMG_6325 (resized).JPG

IMG_6329 (resized).JPG

#373 1 year ago

Anyone getting this screen during some of the boot up processes?

IMG_6341 (resized).JPG

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from labnip:

oooh you got a good one.

Many big money collectors have stated they have to steer Adam West away from their top dollar items if he has a sharpie as he tries to put his sig on *everything*. And that doesn't really help the high end items.

He's known as a "serial signer"

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from labnip:

Anyone getting this screen during some of the boot up processes?

Not on my BM66. Last time I saw that was when I updated my code on GoT.

#376 1 year ago

Just curious. Is everyone's shaker motor working on the LE with the current code on the machine? Mine was not. Not sure if this was programmed yet.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

Many big money collectors have stated they have to steer Adam West away from their top dollar items if he has a sharpie as he tries to put his sig on *everything*. And that doesn't really help the high end items.
He's known as a "serial signer"

That's hysterical. I've never heard that before, but certainly can understand it being true.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Just curious. Is everyone's shaker motor working on the LE with the current code on the machine? Mine was not. Not sure if this was programmed yet.

Yep, but only limited action w this code so far.....can't remember what shots I hit to shake ( gotta get this machine home from my office!!!)

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

What mod are you referring to? Do you know who's making it? Thanks! Btw does anyone know if there is such a thing as matte finish clear coat? Maybe the LE/PRE owners can just spray some over their lockdown bars.

It was an idea I came up with as soon as I saw Stern where putting a decal on the lockbar, fact they didn't put any clear over the decal/pin striping has made me think my idea might be a little more popular now instead of a one off. I am speaking to someone about a couple BM66 mods so "stay tuned"

It is pretty simple, I have a STLE and friends with TWD, GOT all with lockdown bar buttons and they have laser cut emblems on them, soon as I saw BM66 I thought it needs something better than a sticker!

Presentation7 (resized).jpgPresentation5 (resized).jpgPresentation6 (resized).jpgPresentation8 (resized).jpg

The main difference with Batman and maybe its why Stern used a decal, is the curve of the lockbar towards the glass but I don't see why with careful and precise bending of some thin metal it couldn't fit perfectly, I haven't got my LE yet but I am guessing the decal is applied and curves with the lock bar so it wont look any less factory than the sticker.

It would be great to get peoples thoughts and feedback!?

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

It was an idea I came up with as soon as I saw Stern where putting a decal on the lockbar, fact they didn't put any clear over the decal/pin striping has made me think my idea might be a little more popular now instead of a one off. I am speaking to someone about a couple BM66 mods so "stay tuned"
It is pretty simple, I have a STLE and friends with TWD, GOT all with lockdown bar buttons and they have laser cut emblems on them, soon as I saw BM66 I thought it needs something better than a sticker!

The main difference with Batman and maybe its why Stern used a decal, is the curve of the lockbar towards the glass but I don't see why with careful and precise bending of some thin metal it couldn't fit perfectly, I haven't got my LE yet but I am guessing the decal is applied and curves with the lock bar so it wont look any less factory than the sticker.
It would be great to get peoples thoughts and feedback!?

This looks like a job for Cliffy! Master of thin precision cut metal.

#381 1 year ago

Yeah Cliff did come to mind, I just need to ask him politely first

Would have to get them cut and powder coated, excuse the examples below they are rough but just for ideas and feedback.

Firstly any bat symbol could be used but I went with the one off the 66 Batmobile and my reasons for that where:

It was the only 66 symbol online in red

But the real reason I chose it was because I plan to pin strip my LE armour like the SLE armour & with the topper combined they represent the Batmobile, especially with the SLE cabs having the batmobile side art it just seemed like a great all round fit plus it allows for a second piece with the text to be nicely incorporated in the middle between the wing tips, as I find the Bat Gadget decal placed to one side looking a little awkward.

EDIT: Used spell check this time

emblem 1 (resized).jpg

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would have to get them cut and powder coated, excuse the examples below they are rough but just for ideas and feedback.
Firstly any bat symbol could be used but I went with the one off the 66 Batmobile and my reasons for that where:
But the real reason I chose it was because I plan to pin strip my LE armour like the SLE armour & with the topper combined they represent the Batmobile, especially with the SLE cabs having the batmobile side art it just seemed like a great all round fit plus it allows for a second piece with the text to be nicely incorporated in the middle between the wing tips, as I find the Bat Gadget decal placed to one side looking a little awkward.
Feedback would be great...

Looks awesome!
I'd defintiely buy one.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Feedback would be great...
EDIT: Added another version that would be 1 piece.

They all look good but make sure you spell "gadget" right on the real deal. Gotcha!

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

They all look good but make sure you spell "gadget" right on the real deal. Gotcha!

Excellent grammar check Robin, Hand me the Anti Spelling Error Bat Spray

Option 1
emblem 1 (resized).jpg

Option 2
emblem 2 (resized).jpg

Option 3
emblem 4 (resized).jpg

#385 1 year ago

My card:

IMG_5353 (resized).JPG

#386 1 year ago

Would you guys rather have an emblem that overlays the original sticker that could be removed or something new all together?
Working on TF now BM up next. Drawings look cool but the scale of the button is off.
From the trace I am working with it it looks too small.

bats r us (resized).JPG

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Would you guys rather have an emblem that overlays the original sticker that could be removed or something new all together?
Working on TF now BM up next. Drawings look cool but the scale of the button is off.

If your looking to do something Rob I would like a completely new emblem, laser cut similar to the lockbar emblems on ST, GOT etc using the Batmobile emblem like the one I posted above, it makes perfect sense for the SLE guys with their batmobile editions and with the topper on the SLE and LE it's a great fit to make the armour to completely represent the Batmobile, if that's possible?

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from blimpey:

My card

Very cool to get a card with the Joker. Great colors on the card as well. Congrats.

#390 1 year ago

There will be a slew of mods that pop for this one IMO.
The version of the Lock down I am making is slated for 2mm thick - metal cast with color.
I'm sure there will be stickers and such but I am only in week one of development.
Lots of people working to make top quality mods for this premium product.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

You do great work....I'm anxious to see concept of both. The decal definitely needs to be covered or removed...never gonna last

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You do great work....I'm anxious to see concept of both. The decal definitely needs to be covered or removed...never gonna last

2nd that, I have hooked mods and they are awesome!

Quoted from HOOKED:

The version of the Lock down I am making is slated for 2mm thick - metal cast with color.

Are you using something similar to sterns lockdown bar emblems if there 2mm or is that just your personal choice rob?

#393 1 year ago

any ideas for the red trim striping on the lockbar, yet?

seems like that's going to rub off in a matter of days of playing. hands go right on it, for use of flippers.

#394 1 year ago

anybody's plunger a bit on the really wimpy side?

(can't believe i wrote that )

maybe tighter spring needed?

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from labnip:

any ideas for the red trim striping on the lockbar, yet?
seems like that's going to rub off in a matter of days of playing. hands go right on it, for use of flippers.

Clearing the armour seems the only option or mylar?

Providing it can be done on top of the existing factory armour I am planning on getting my LE pin striped and cleared

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You need to put some plastic protector on that mech MT

OK that's both deserved and funny

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from labnip:

anybody's plunger a bit on the really wimpy side?
(can't believe i wrote that )
maybe tighter spring needed?

Yes. To make the skill shot using the extrended left flipper, I always choose the action button to launch as it launches stronger than a manual pull

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

2nd that, I have hooked mods and they are awesome!

Are you using something similar to sterns lockdown bar emblems if there 2mm or is that just your personal choice rob?

2mm is the thinnest I can cast and still add color.
If you cut a metal plate it has to hug the bottom of the lock down up to the cast slant toward the glass.
I would like to still keep the overall large visual and not compromise the area covered.
I plan on and (we are testing with the TF emblem) compensating for the slant.
All still in the works ...we will see how TF goes first.

You will find I dont make lists of mods I am going to make, I just make them and take pre orders about a month out.

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

2mm is the thinnest I can cast and still add color.
If you cut a metal plate it has to hug the bottom of the lock down up to the cast slant toward the glass.
I would like to still keep the overall large visual and not compromise the area covered.
I plan on and (we are testing with the TF emblem) compensating for the slant.
All still in the works ...we will see how TF goes first.
You will find I dont make lists of mods I am going to make, I just make them and take pre orders about a month out.

oooooooo

shot-across-the-bow (resized).jpg

#400 1 year ago

I still love my BM66, but Stern's assembly process left a lot of hardware ready to fall out onto my playfield. See attached photo of what I've collected off my playfield over the last 4 days. I saw in an earlier post in either this or another BM66 thread to check the ramp bounce out covers for proper mounting. I found the clear cat mount completely loose on the right ramp. It's not mounted at all on one side, though it looks like it is (rod there but unattached), and the other screw and washer had come out during play. Now if I could only figure out where the other screw, washer, and nut go. By the way, I found that first screw wedged in between the rotating mechanism and the playfield. Fortunately, it hadn't done any damage.....but it would have eventually. All that said, so far I haven't noticed any problems with playfield ghosting or excessive dimples. I'm also not getting an over abundance of air balls, though I did get one trapped behind the crane cab at some point, as others have mentioned. This game does have a lot of side to side bounce between the various standups and slingshots. It can take an entire Bat Phone ringing sequence just to get control of the ball.

Washer Fallen From Cat Mount (resized).JPG

Loose Playfield H-W (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charleston, SC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frederick, MD
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8233 posts in topic. You are on page 8 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside