(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 405.
#19951 6 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’s just code related, it’s nothing to do with the PROC. I added functionality to “mute” the callouts during Get Schwifty and Goodby Moonmen because *HATE* games with lyrics that have callouts talking over them. Even though it’s got checks and re-checks and resets and .. and .. and — There’s still some loophole situation that can get the mute flag stuck. I can’t figure out why, or I would have fixed it by now.

To be fair, I think I remember this happening maybe 4 or 5 times in 1000 games on my machine. I'm just thinking to myself how difficult to reproduce and find what is causing it has got to be.

#19952 6 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I added functionality to “mute” the callouts during Get Schwifty and Goodby Moonmen because *HATE* games with lyrics that have callouts talking over them.

So not a fan of GnR then lol!

#19953 6 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

So not a fan of GnR then lol!

I replaced all the songs in metallica with instrumental versions of the same songs when I had it. The hate runs pretty deep.

#19954 6 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I added functionality to “mute” the callouts during Get Schwifty and Goodby Moonmen because *HATE* games with lyrics that have callouts talking over them.

I was just playing R&M last night and when I got into the "Space Fart" mode I remarked how amazing that song is, and if it had the call-outs over it, that would suck, Morty. Worth a minor bug to get to hear to music IMHO. Now can you convince everyone else to do that on all the other games out there with lyrics in the music?

#19955 6 months ago

wpp i know, but if you death save during a ball save, the game loses complete track of the balls...

#19956 6 months ago

I posted this on the Jerry Ramp thread but I thought I would ask here as well.

I just received my Jerry ramp today. Everything looks extremely well made. I'm impressed. Today is the first day that I have actually looked at the instructions. I was surprised to find out that by installing this mod I would be removing the metal ball guide and then the ball would now be rolling against the wood rail on the portal shot. This is unnerving to me. I'm surprised nobody here has even mentioned this at all. Have any of you seen any damage or wear to the wood rail after installing this mod? I'm not trying to be negative at all. I think this mod is super cool. And like I said, it seems very well made. I can tell this was a lot of work to design and create. I mean no disrespect. I'm just concerned about the metal ball against the wood siderail after 1000s of shots.
Nick

#19957 6 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I posted this on the Jerry Ramp thread but I thought I would ask here as well.
I just received my Jerry ramp today. Everything looks extremely well made. I'm impressed. Today is the first day that I have actually looked at the instructions. I was surprised to find out that by installing this mod I would be removing the metal ball guide and then the ball would now be rolling against the wood rail on the portal shot. This is unnerving to me. I'm surprised nobody here has even mentioned this at all. Have any of you seen any damage or wear to the wood rail after installing this mod? I'm not trying to be negative at all. I think this mod is super cool. And like I said, it seems very well made. I can tell this was a lot of work to design and create. I mean no disrespect. I'm just concerned about the metal ball against the wood siderail after 1000s of shots.
Nick

the ball doesn't actually ride on he wood rail, it rides along the new ramp...it has a built in "curve" instead of the original metal ball guide.

#19958 6 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

the ball doesn't actually ride on he wood rail, it rides along the new ramp...it has a built in "curve" instead of the original metal ball guide.

I would agree with this. Although it's possible for the ball to touch the wood rail, given the normal trajectory from the curved rail of the mod, the ball will already be traveling straight up the lane. But if you're really concerned, put some mylar on the wood.

#19959 6 months ago

Is everyone liking their cheater jerry ramp?

I’m a hard pass on it.

#19960 6 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I’m a hard pass on it.

I was of the same opinion at first, but I decided to give it a try and I like it. It's actually a pretty tough shot. But what I really like is how randomly the ball disappears (under the plastic) in an area of the pf where it never did that before. Basically it just makes the pin a bit more fun imo.

#19961 6 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I’m a hard pass on it.

Me too - I'm really not one to change how a game plays/shoots, and one of the things I love about this game is nailing that super tough garage shot it's so satisfying. However, I would love it if Spooky/Eric coded in a "loser" Jerry shot, that would just be unbelievable (even though I'd never see it).

My game is still down - it's been 2 weeks now and I'm sad.

#19962 6 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Me too - I'm really not one to change how a game plays/shoots, and one of the things I love about this game is nailing that super tough garage shot it's so satisfying. However, I would love it if Spooky/Eric coded in a "loser" Jerry shot, that would just be unbelievable (even though I'd never see it).

Exactly-I believe you get more
Mega seeds lit if you enter the garage through the upper right flipper shot

Although I did just bank a shot into the garage the hard way off the left flipper

#19963 6 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I do agree with you. I'm usually not one to change the shot geometry of a game. I like to play it as it was intended by the designer. However this mod gives an additional shot, and that should be fun. And it's completely reversible. So if I don't like it I'll switch it back later.
Also, this mod doesn't take anything away other than the Jerry stand up target. That super tough garage shot from the upper flipper remains. That shot is very satisfying

#19964 6 months ago

I certainly don't begrudge anyone changing their game - and admittedly it does look cool, so by all means go for it and let us know how you find the mod!

I just wonder if being able to hit it from another (possibly easier) shot will take away some of the satisfaction of hitting it from the upper right flipper. Won't know until you try.

Regardless - this game is just phenomenal. I've always liked it due to being a fan of the show - but it's simplicity hides a quite ingenious depth, and the geometry being so different just adds to the fun. That garage shot, as I've mentioned, is just so great and hitting the orbit 3 times in a row, then hitting the garage is just perfection. Add to that you get the staged portal ball and can keep the game flowing afterwards, is just insane. I think I actually like this game more now than when I first got it.

Edit: getting my lefts/rights mixed up again!

#19965 6 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I certainly don't begrudge anyone changing their game - and admittedly it does look cool, so by all means go for it and let us know how you find the mod!
I just wonder if being able to hit it from another (possibly easier) shot will take away some of the satisfaction of hitting it from the upper left flipper. Won't know until you try.
Regardless - this game is just phenomenal. I've always liked it due to being a fan of the show - but it's simplicity hides a quite ingenious depth, and the geometry being so different just adds to the fun. That garage shot, as I've mentioned, is just so great and hitting the orbit 3 times in a row, then hitting the garage is just perfection. Add to that you get the staged portal ball and can keep the game flowing afterwards, is just insane. I think I actually like this game more now than when I first got it.

You added an upper left flipper ?

#19966 6 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You added an upper left flipper ?

Ha ha oops! It must have been in another dimension.

#19967 6 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I’m a hard pass on it.

I put in the Jerry ramp mod and like it. What was surprising was that it made the upper flipper shot to the garage much more repeatable. I think the 3-D formed plastic ramp doesn't flex like the steel ball guide. The flexing in the steel ball guide seems to absorb the balls energy. Now, I generally shoot the left ramp and then upper flipper to the garage rather than use the Jerry ramp from the lower flipper.

#19968 6 months ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I put in the Jerry ramp mod and like it. What was surprising was that it made the upper flipper shot to the garage much more repeatable. I think the 3-D formed plastic ramp doesn't flex like the steel ball guide. The flexing in the steel ball guide seems to absorb the balls energy. Now, I generally shoot the left ramp and then upper flipper to the garage rather than use the Jerry ramp from the lower flipper.

So it’s a super cheater mod then lol

#19969 6 months ago

You know it!

#19970 6 months ago

I do agree with you. I'm usually not one to change the shot geometry of a game. I like to play it as it was intended by the designer. However this mod gives an additional shot, and that should be fun. And it's completely reversible. So if I don't like it I'll switch it back later.
Also, this mod doesn't take anything away other than the Jerry stand up target. That super tough garage shot from the upper flipper remains. That shot is very satisfying

But you need the Jerry Target to collect on the Meeseeks Multiball hey??

hmmmm

#19971 6 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

But you need the Jerry Target to collect on the Meeseeks Multiball hey??
hmmmm

Just make the Jerry ramp instead of hitting the Jerry target

#19972 6 months ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Just make the Jerry ramp instead of hitting the Jerry target

Lame. Apt that it's called "Jerry Ramp". Make sure yall put the caveat "Jerry" High Score. lol

Have not been in this thread for many hundreds of posts, didn't expect to find such a lame "mod" (cheat) to have popped up. The garrage is not that hard, geez!

#19973 6 months ago

Speaking for myself, the Jerry Ramp has done little to augment my scores. It’s an interesting new shot that is difficult enough such that (I find) it rarely comes into play. I especially appreciate that it’s fully reversible. As previously mentioned, I have also found that it makes the upper flipper shot to the garage much more reliable than stock.

R&M is already a tough shooter. Next to TNA, it’s the toughest in my lineup. Anything that makes it more accessible and fun to casual players is a win in my book. I just want people to play and enjoy all my pins!

I’d definitely laugh at a call out mocking a shot that hits the Jerry switch into the Garage as teased by epthegeek a while ago but that seems highly unlikely.

#19974 6 months ago

I bought a Jerry ramp. I don’t know that I’ll ever install it, but I wanted to have one just in case something ever got coded for it. Never know….

#19975 6 months ago

Anybody have a link for the batteries needed? My R&M has the newer style board that the battery can pop into, got those no problem.

But my Halloween has the older style with the wire harness and heat shrink wrapped around the battery.

#19976 6 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Anybody have a link for the batteries needed? My R&M has the newer style board that the battery can pop into, got those no problem.
But my Halloween has the older style with the wire harness and heat shrink wrapped around the battery.

Hey were on page 400!!

also this

https://www.amazon.ca/EEMB-CR2032-Connector-Motherboard-Non-Rechargeable/dp/B09F38WVWH/ref=sr_1_6

#19977 6 months ago

That Jerry ramp shot ain't easy. Sure as hell doesn't feel like a cheat mod, but it is fun when you make it. I think it's cool adding another shot to the game, especially since those targets aren't really fun shots to begin with.

#19979 6 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That Jerry ramp shot ain't easy. Sure as hell doesn't feel like a cheat mod, but it is fun when you make it. I think it's cool adding another shot to the game, especially since those targets aren't really fun shots to begin with.

The whole point of the standups seems to be forcing the player into a bit of chaos. Will the ball ricochet back to the pop? Will it go to the sling? Adding an out is definitely a cheat mod. I do think it's a really cool and well executed mod, but I don't understand why anyone would think a modification that significant that makes the game easier is not a cheat mod.

#19980 6 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

You rock! Thank you sir!

no probs. Sniff around for prices though. I found 10 is cheaper than 2

#19981 6 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The whole point of the standups seems to be forcing the player into a bit of chaos. Will the ball ricochet back to the pop? Will it go to the sling? Adding an out is definitely a cheat mod. I do think it's a really cool and well executed mod, but I don't understand why anyone would think a modification that significant that makes the game easier is not a cheat mod.

ok.

#19982 6 months ago

Any tricks on removin the battery (cr2032)? It is in there really good and I don't want to damage anything.

#19983 6 months ago
Quoted from Brad25:

Any tricks on removin the battery (cr2032)? It is in there really good and I don't want to damage anything.

Change it while the game is on.

#19984 6 months ago
Quoted from Brad25:

Which board do you have? There are two versions, one has a small molex connector that’s on the board. Has two wires and the battery is shrink wrapped. If this one carefully remove the connector from the board, should be able to pull it off

The other style just pops into a holder directly on the board. There is a release tab and that will pop one side of the battery up.

As mentioned, regardless of which board, do it with the power on and game running

#19985 6 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Which board do you have? There are two versions, one has a small molex connector that’s on the board. Has two wires and the battery is shrink wrapped. If this one carefully remove the connector from the board, should be able to pull it off
The other style just pops into a holder directly on the board. There is a release tab and that will pop one side of the battery up.
As mentioned, regardless of which board, do it with the power on and game running

I have the second one with the release tab. Got it out and
switched. It was in there really tight. Thank you!!

#19986 6 months ago

Did anyone ever come up with a mod for the spinning portal on the topper?

Mine is too high for my ceilings, so a smaller spinning portal could definitely help that.

Did anyone do something like this?

#19987 6 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

It’s all about fun for me and the dimensions are a blast. Jerry ramp is fantastic and adds another tough shot to the right flipper which is already at a serious deficit from the left. Should you score better on an already low scoring game? Yes for sure but I love it because it makes the garage accessible from each flipper with a tough shot.

#19988 6 months ago

2nd owner of my R&M. My ball launch every once in a while is super fast. Most of the time it’s a moderate pace. Which one is “normal”?

I’m guessing former as it feels closer to Danesi’s design MO (eg TNA scoop return, R&M portal/staged ball return, etc).

Happy to adjust auto-launch if it’s supposed to be fast(er). But thought I’d ask first.

#19989 6 months ago

Anyone pull the trigger and replace the stock LCD with the upgraded one? Did it make a noticeable difference?

#19990 6 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Anyone pull the trigger and replace the stock LCD with the upgraded one? Did it make a noticeable difference?

I’ve replaced a couple in RaM, along with Ultraman… About to do Scooby. The improvement in the black is the most noticeable

Here is a DIY option, along with some before/after: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/56#post-7052234

Here is what you can build with your OE screen: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-lcd-clock#post-7507356

#19991 6 months ago

Bah - my R&M has been down for 3 weeks now and it's getting pretty depressing. It just sits there taunting me...

When I've got 8 other machines, but all I wanna do is play R&M speaks volumes about how great the game is. Man, do I miss that music blasting out in the game room...

#19992 6 months ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I’ve replaced a couple in RaM, along with Ultraman… About to do Scooby. The improvement in the black is the most noticeable
Here is a DIY option, along with some before/after: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/56#post-7052234
Here is what you can build with your OE screen: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-lcd-clock#post-7507356

Thank you much! This is great info, and much cheaper than the kit advertised on here. I don’t have a 3D printer, what do the brackets look like?

#19993 6 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Mine has the upgraded lcd. Colors look amazing and the black/white contrast looks amazing

#19994 6 months ago

After I posted the question regarding the Jerry ramp the other day, I have seen some posts here saying negative things about using the Jerry ramp mod. After using it for a few days now here are my two cents.
The Jerry ramp is not an easy shot by ANY means. It's more difficult to me than the right upper flipper to garage shot. This mod just adds an additional shot to the game, which I love. Build quality of the mod is fantastic. Very well made. And I love how this is completely reversible. It's a win/win to me

#19995 6 months ago

After I posted the question regarding the Jerry ramp the other day, I have seen some posts here saying negative things about using the Jerry ramp mod. After using it for a few days now here are my two cents.
The Jerry ramp is not an easy shot by ANY means. It's more difficult to me than the right upper flipper to garage shot. This mod just adds an additional shot to the game, which I love. Build quality of the mod is fantastic. Very well made. And I love how this is completely reversible. It's a win/win to me

i guess ive just not seen any other game that someone just randomly added a ramp to the game design.

Just kinda weak sauce to me, but whatevs!

#19996 6 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Yes

&

YES

#19997 6 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’s just code related, it’s nothing to do with the PROC. I added functionality to “mute” the callouts during Get Schwifty and Goodby Moonmen because *HATE* games with lyrics that have callouts talking over them. Even though it’s got checks and re-checks and resets and .. and .. and — There’s still some loophole situation that can get the mute flag stuck. I can’t figure out why, or I would have fixed it by now.

This happened to me for the first time in forever the other night. I was playing with my bro. I usually just play by myself. Was wondering if this is maybe something that only happens with more than one player? Just wondering if anyone has had it happen when playing by themselves?

#19998 6 months ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

This happened to me for the first time in forever the other night. I was playing with my bro. I usually just play by myself. Was wondering if this is maybe something that only happens with more than one player? Just wondering if anyone has had it happen when playing by themselves?

The muting has happened to me during both one player and two-player games

#19999 6 months ago

The muting has happened to me during both one player and two-player games

Thanks

#20000 5 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

I got the LCD kit from Pinball Mod Company for a friend and it made a drastic improvement.

https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/upgraded-ips-lcd-spooky-pinball?page=2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.