(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 404.
#2251 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Cromulons asked me to "Show Me What You Got" from the mod couple. Here are some flipper tops, a Mega Tree cap, and a Cromulon.
I couldnt find the ideal spot to place the Cromulon. I decided I liked him better up in space so I put in front of the planet above the right ramp. He's still pretty bouncy up there as you nudge the game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, I am liking the Comulon separated from the planets that he was made with. It just never looked right to me with the planet "body" and the 2 other planets on wires (the scale bothered me for the game). But where you have it placed is PERFECT!! Makes me want to order it that way with just the head. Can you show another picture of how you attached it there? I am still a long way from my game, but acquiring the mods I want now and storing them away.

#2252 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If the question is about "planned" number, then I can't answer, because we don't know yet.
Right now, there are 17 dimensions. 2, possibly 3 more in the next update - and more to come I'm sure.

I'm selfishly hoping for 34 dimensions or more in eventuality and I am hoping as #34 RaM owner the 34th dimension is somehow insulting/aggravating.

I dont know why but I'd like to see some dimensions abuse me. Its just the masochist in me.

#2253 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Cromulons asked me to "Show Me What You Got" from the mod couple. Here are some flipper tops, a Mega Tree cap, and a Cromulon.
I couldnt find the ideal spot to place the Cromulon. I decided I liked him better up in space so I put in front of the planet above the right ramp. He's still pretty bouncy up there as you nudge the game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Cromulon looks awesome there!!!

I like what you got!

#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Ok, I am liking the Comulon separated from the planets that he was made with. It just never looked right to me with the planet "body" and the 2 other planets on wires (the scale bothered me for the game). But where you have it placed is PERFECT!! Makes me want to order it that way with just the head. Can you show another picture of how you attached it there? I am still a long way from my game, but acquiring the mods I want now and storing them away.

Maybe the mod couple can offer it separately with a small discount?

In thinking the same and would order it to install this way too.

#2255 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Maybe the mod couple can offer it separately with a small discount?
In thinking the same and would order it to install this way too.

We will have the bobble head only option by late tomorrow. Needs to have a mount. Simple enough.

#2256 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I took the existing spring and straightened it out. Since the spring wire was glossy, I put some black shrink tubing over wire so it would be harder to see. I then attached the end of the wire under a screw I added to the backside of the back board.

You could also mount the end of the wire under one of the existing screw heads above the house if you wanted the Cromulon "floating" over the house.

I might add another GI RGB led to shine on him to light him up a little more as there's not a lot if light in that corner.

Mod couple did a great job with the Cromulon, its nicely detailed and has a really nice paint job.

rps20200420_194501 (resized).jpgrps20200420_194501 (resized).jpgrps20200420_194813 (resized).jpgrps20200420_194813 (resized).jpg
#2257 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Right now, there are 17 dimensions. 2, possibly 3 more in the next update - and more to come I'm sure.

Really looking forward to the next update. Any hints at what the next update may also include?

#2258 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Really looking forward to the next update. Any hints at what the next update may also include?

epthegeek are you exploring ways to use the horseshoe toy to manipulate a ball in different ways for modes? Or is it pretty much reserved for locks? I’m not sure how you could already be holding balls for multiball for the current or another player.

#2259 3 years ago

Anyone want to sell your pre-order?

#2260 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I hear by helicopter it can take a lifetime.
Too soon?

Dude. Not cool to joke about a death of a legend and a father of 3 young children. Dad husband and legend. Not cool at all

C'mon man. Have some restraint

#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Dude. Not cool to joke about a death of a legend and a father of 3 young children. Dad husband and legend. Not cool at all
C'mon man. Have some restraint

You must be a blast at parties.

#2262 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You must be a blast at parties.

Why is he quoting this post from you that’s 2 months old?

#2263 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Why is he quoting this post from you that’s 2 months old?

Maybe he's behind on his reading?

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

epthegeek are you exploring ways to use the horseshoe toy to manipulate a ball in different ways for modes? Or is it pretty much reserved for locks? I’m not sure how you could already be holding balls for multiball for the current or another player.

I asked basically this question a few pages back but it went unanswered.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/42#post-5594832

#2265 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I have been wondering about this too. Heres some of my thought or speculation...

For any adventures to be able to make full use of the horseshoe, they would need to be locked out any time there are balls in lock. Also, locked balls may need to treated like "bank a ball", where if a player drains with a locked ball then their locked ball(s) are released, so that each ball in play ends with empty locks for the next player/ball.

This way, horseshoe modes (adventures) may be started only when no balls are locked.

Would this lead to some players avoiding locks, to go for a chance at some lucrative special adventure?

Competitive players would be happy to see empty locks at the end of each BIP, I'm sure. Although for me I like the stealing locks concept.

Rick and Morty seems to be tough enough that "bank a ball" should not make things too much easier... ?

I really have no idea what will pan out of course. Just thoughts

#2266 3 years ago

I'll be streaming today at 5pm Pacific for anyone that needs a Rick and Morty fix. Goal today is to cram Morty full of as many mega seeds as possible to try to take down my current high of 32 mega seeds.

https://twitch.tv/iepinball

#2267 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Absolutely, we need a Bowen R&M video soon. For that matter, during these shelter at home times I wish he would redo some of his older videos for games that have had code updates as well. Tron, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Iron Man could all use new videos from him with the more modern HD cameras on the new rules.
So, what are people doing for cards for R&M? I think Spooky should sell some high gloss professional looking ones...would look way better than what I generate on my color printer. Maybe even some type of molded cards.

I am not sure how you expect me to film those videos.

I did stream R&M on Twitch last week and will try again sometime this week.

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

You what!?

Where do we see this? How do we know when you are doing it next?

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I am not sure how you expect me to film those videos.

Is there an archive to watch?

#2270 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Is there an archive to watch?

Hopefully it gets uploaded to YouTube if there is.

#2271 3 years ago

Did everyone watch IE Pinball's latest RAM stream? Karl's got his inner spinner loop flying, but he made more of a change to the rail than just removing screws, completely re-positioning it. He explains the changes he's made in the first few minutes of the stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/598857226

#2272 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We will have the bobble head only option by late tomorrow. Needs to have a mount. Simple enough.

could you run the wire mount down below and have it secured to the stand-off post for the ramp? I think that would have a much cleaner look to it

#2273 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

could you run the wire mount down below and have it secured to the stand-off post for the ramp? I think that would have a much cleaner look to it

There isnt a traditional ramp standoff in back. The back of the ramp has a tab that inserts into a slot in the back panel to support the ramp. However there is a screw in the back right corner for the right corner plastic. You could attach a wire to that screw and have it go up from there.

rps20200422_100331 (resized).jpgrps20200422_100331 (resized).jpg
#2274 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There isnt a traditional ramp standoff in back. The back of the ramp has a tab that inserts into a slot in the back panel to support the ramp. However there is a screw in the back right corner for the right corner plastic. You could attach a wire to that screw and have it go up from there.[quoted image]

We have this second option done and it mounts to the center tab and maintains the spring (covered) so it still has the movement previously designed. Should have pics up when I return tonight.

#2275 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I have been wondering about this too. Heres some of my thought or speculation...
For any adventures to be able to make full use of the horseshoe, they would need to be locked out any time there are balls in lock. Also, locked balls may need to treated like "bank a ball", where if a player drains with a locked ball then their locked ball(s) are released, so that each ball in play ends with empty locks for the next player/ball.
This way, horseshoe modes (adventures) may be started only when no balls are locked.
Would this lead to some players avoiding locks, to go for a chance at some lucrative special adventure?
Competitive players would be happy to see empty locks at the end of each BIP, I'm sure. Although for me I like the stealing locks concept.
Rick and Morty seems to be tough enough that "bank a ball" should not make things too much easier... ?
I really have no idea what will pan out of course. Just thoughts

Yes, I can think of three possible solutions, Spooky may have others they are considering:

1. At the end of every ball, locked balls drain. When a new mode is selected which requires use of the horseshoe, appropriate balls drain (one or two, in some situations there could be a ball you bash back and forth, so only one ball would drain).

2. Similar to the above, but locked balls that have drained are treated as virtual locks. Anytime there is a locked ball that isn't physically present in the horseshoe but "locked", the Rick, Morty drop target with a virtual lock would pulse blue to signify a virtual lock. This would probably be the simplest and most flexible solution to plan around.

3. Another idea would be to reserve modes that use the horseshoe for selectable wizard mode adventures. These could be more complex staged adventures (similar to pickle rick mode). When you get to select the adventure, there is a bit of ceremony --- Pause, silence and going dark during the selection, draining locked balls, light show, build-up, music. Then the mode starts. These could be build up to mini multiball modes in themselves (kind of like Discover Hotel Monolith in Shadow).

What do you guys think?

#2276 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Did everyone watch IE Pinball's latest RAM stream? Karl's got his inner spinner loop flying, but he made more of a change to the rail than just removing screws, completely re-positioning it. He explains the changes he's made in the first few minutes of the stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/598857226

Yea, that inner loop was smooth and fast on that stream, good skills too. He mentioned he had sent pics of his mods to Bowen, and he spend around 4 hours tweaking the setup.
Good info for sure

#2277 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We have this second option done and it mounts to the center tab and maintains the spring (covered) so it still has the movement previously designed. Should have pics up when I return tonight.

Nice! You work fast.

#2278 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Yea, that inner loop was smooth and fast on that stream, good skills too. He mentioned he had sent pics of his mods to Bowen, and he spend around 4 hours tweaking the setup.
Good info for sure

I'd love to see those pics posted here if possible. I only watched the beginning and from what I saw, he didnt give much detail for someone to try and replicate.

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'd love to see those pics posted here if possible. I only watched the beginning and from what I saw, he didnt give much detail for someone to try and replicate.

I'll be tearing it down again before Saturday's stream to do some additional tweaks and will get better pics showing the changes I made to post here. Not for the faint of heart as old screw holes are visible.

#2280 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I'll be tearing it down again before Saturday's stream to do some additional tweaks and will get better pics showing the changes I made to post here. Not for the faint of heart as old screw holes are visible.

Part of me is hopeful this works, part not as I suspect this drastic change may prove needed. I did not post pics as I did Not want to promote drastic changes but last week I removed the post right of the Meeseeks target and slide the rail All the way back over a half inch basically to the edge of that target now. Confident nobody would want to make that crazy change but I will say I can loop that inner loop almost blindfolded now repeatedly. lol Again, NOT something most would want to do just a simple experiment to see What If....

#2281 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

This is the sort of exploration I’ve been requesting for months, with many here casting shade on the suggestion. Glad it works!

A shifted placement of screws really looks like the right and necessary decision to truly rectify any clunkiness. I really hope Spooky considers this. Just a shame to see a pin so close to perfection, with one slight, but critical thing getting in the way.

I really enjoyed your stream, you have your Rick and Morty set up so smooth, flowing like AFM.

#2282 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Part of me is hopeful this works, part not as I suspect this drastic change may prove needed. I did not post pics as I did Not want to promote drastic changes but last week I removed the post right of the Meeseeks target and slide the rail All the way back over a half inch basically to the edge of that target now. Confident nobody would want to make that crazy change but I will say I can loop that inner loop almost blindfolded now repeatedly. lol Again, NOT something most would want to do just a simple experiment to see What If....

Im not sure I get what you are saying. Are you talking about the rail behind and parallel to the third flipper?

#2283 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Im not sure I get what you are saying. Are you talking about the rail behind and parallel to the third flipper?

No. The inner loop rail (with spinner). Pulled the post at end (right side of target) and pushed the rail All the way back.

#2284 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No. The inner loop rail (with spinner). Pulled the post at end (right side of target) and pushed the rail All the way back.

So does this mod leave an visible hole where right noob noob post was? And does the playfield art still work with the guide moved, or does moving the guide expose an unpainted section?
Thanks for trying out different solutions

#2285 3 years ago

Basically most modifications to the rail will expose some wood. Watching the Troz stream again I’m going to try what he did on that game. Great video and his setup seems really good and a fair middle ground. Really appreciate the great stream. Hope you can share the pics of your final modifications as that will save many some guess work.

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Basically most modifications to the rail will expose some wood. Watching the Troz stream again I’m going to try what he did on that game. Great video and his setup seems really good and a fair middle ground. Really appreciate the great stream. Hope you can share the pics of your final modifications as that will save many some guess work.

Thanks for that,
My game is ages away, so I'm sure thanks to the work you, troz and others are doing, itl be flowing nice when my turn comes.
I really enjoyed the troz stream too, fast and flowy, I saw a double loop then garage I'm sure. It was good to try and get tips from watching a player much much better then me.
I only caught the first hour, but will look up the replay today at some point.

#2287 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok that makes sense now, I think you meant to say the noob noob target instead of meeseks.

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Hoping to pick up one of these in 2021 and wondering if Spooky will change the holes on the playfield to make this adjustment or is this a step too far I wonder?

Btw love the challenges - ever got all 15 cities on KISS - never heard of a single person anywhere who has achieved this!

#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

looking fwd to your adjustments.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I did not post pics as I did Not want to promote drastic changes but last week I removed the post right of the Meeseeks target and slide the rail All the way back over a half inch basically to the edge of that target now.

Understand if you dont want to post due to the way people run with stuff. Please PM to me.

thx

#2290 3 years ago

I was finally able to flip R&M on Monday. Oooohhhh weEEEeeee. The particular game I was playing had the upper orbit shot fix done. I was totally surprised by how the game shot in a lot of ways. For me the orbit was like butter and the garage shot makeable (albeit very tough). In the second game I played, I hit the upper orbit 3x and collected a solid skill shot (but typically hit it 1-2x and often missed the collect). The difficulty of the ramps really surprised me (particularly the left ramp). I did suggest to the owner that increasing the right flipper power could help on the left. The right was very repeatable from a cradle on the right flipper, but I struggled to find the shot from the left flipper. The scoop seemed to reject a lot, so I'm hoping iepinball shares any fixes on the scoop after mentioning it on the last stream. I couldn't stop fiddling with the magna save. It's a ton of fun to see how it can affect the momentum of the ball (even when it ends up down the drain).

As tough as R&M shoots, I was hooked. It's been said over and over by those who have played the game that this is some of the best theme integration and light shows (if not the best) in pinball. Both are accurate and not an overstatement imo. Per what I expected from a game Scott designed, all the sounds are over the top in the best way. The callouts are hilarious and really help you to forget that you are just dumping coins and being brutalized every game. Well done to TheNoTrashCougar epthegeek SpookyCharlie bkerins David Van Es and everyone involved in this game. It is excellent game that I think will be a hit for many years to come.

#2291 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Nice! You work fast.

Sorry took me an extra day I hate to be a tease.... I'm sure like most Family has been our primary focus lately so sneaking off to play pinball at night has been a challenge. Added a second variation that still has all the spring bobble motion we wanted in the previous design.

Private rant as the family is out. SOO love having my grandkids home for this quarantine but if I have to hear the "Baby Shark" song one more time I'm going to go Bonkers! lol

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#2292 3 years ago

As I had to get away from watching Elmo with my grandkids I thought I would contribute a How To DIY on how to adjust the RM loop shot. Note this is a take off from the others that contributed to details in this group thread I am simply documenting this along with some detailed photos to hopefully help others. I will say, with these (2) adjustments which are Really not that tough to do and the game now shoots Perfectly with NO rattle missed loops. Its Fricken Mortyriffic now!! And awaaaaaaay we go!!!

1 The green photo shows what is currently stock which while minor is a bit to much of a right turn then an arc. To start the left ramp needs to come off (2 Phillips screws) as well as the plastics covering that rail. Second photo shows what needs to be adjusted.
2 In order to get a Full smooth arc you will need to loose the Black sleeve standoff so the rail can Fully reach all the way back. Really not a big deal as this post simply holds the plastic up and is not seen otherwise. Not needed. Just install post back to same height using the removed black sleeve as a height guide.
3 Remove All 4 hex head wood screws from the rail to start repositioning it. As the rail is a soft 304 stainless it is rather easy to mold Slowly! Just a few tugs and it will bow nicely.
4 This part May worry some but it REALLY isn't that bad!! The first rail mount tab as well as the third tab location will need to be drilled. Scarryyy. lol A 1/16" drill is all it takes. Basically the rail needs to be slid back to touch the bulb at the end position And at the spinner. Both of those holes will be moving back just over 5/16" of an inch. The bulbs really are your guide. You will also see how removing that black post gives you a Lot more arc! I personally did Not drill a hole in the 2nd tab and simply left that screw out.
5 The now finished loop transitions Very smoothly with No sharp turns.

This is step 1! The next step is the actual flipper to Get the ball into this now awesome looping galaxy!

IMG_5184 (resized).jpgIMG_5184 (resized).jpgIMG_5185 (resized).jpgIMG_5185 (resized).jpgIMG_5186 (resized).jpgIMG_5186 (resized).jpgIMG_5187 (resized).jpgIMG_5187 (resized).jpgIMG_5188 (resized).jpgIMG_5188 (resized).jpgIMG_5190 (resized).jpgIMG_5190 (resized).jpgIMG_5192 (resized).jpgIMG_5192 (resized).jpg
#2293 3 years ago

Step 2 Morty fans. Now that the loop is as designed perfect, now we need to actually be able to Hit it like a sharp shooter!!! The issue as shown in photo 1 is that when the ball comes rolling down the outer right loop it doesn't find the flipper until it almost hitting Mid point of the flipper. That upper loop needs to (choke up on the bat) fly off the back of the flipper. Same issue is helped with the garage shot. If the ball is rolling and bouncing off the mid point of the flipper your angle/aim will most generally be off. With this Minor adjustment the ball will roll smoothy across the flipper allowing the Player the control of how to target.

1 You need to remove the long plastic covering the upper flipper. To do so you also need to remove the right ramp. Easy-Piesy.
2 That rail over the flipper as you can see is held by 2 socket head screws. Remove them. Also to get the rail to actually move back you need to remove the 5/16" post rubber they installed. Don't need it not actually sure why its there??
3 Ultimately you will only be using the end tab mount Not the other screw as there will not be room for it any longer and its also not needed. Sadly, even with the slot there is just not enough room for move the rail back enough. As you see in photo I drilled (yes that again) a 1/16" hole approx 1/4" back from the original hole.
4 Takes a bit of tapping with a wood block but you need to tap the tab of the 2nd mount Under the black rail. I used a small block of wood and a few taps with a hammer and it slid right under. Do as you like but it holds it very well. Align rail with straight block and mount using new hole added.

I Do hope this can help others. I personally have NO issue making Minor adjustments like this for a game I enjoy. Making these changes I will say Drastically improved our confidence in Cleanly making those shots as designed and fully enjoying the experience. Best to all and GOOO Morty!!!!

IMG_5193 (resized).jpgIMG_5193 (resized).jpgIMG_5196 (resized).jpgIMG_5196 (resized).jpgIMG_5197 (resized).jpgIMG_5197 (resized).jpgIMG_5199 (resized).jpgIMG_5199 (resized).jpg
#2294 3 years ago

So I’ve spent most of the afternoon dialing in #65. I have things at an ok place at this point (still have some more tweaking to do) but is anyone else having issues with clean shots to the horseshoe going straight down the middle? If the shot rattles at all it’s fine but hard shots rocket back SDTM. Game is level and at a 6.7 degree pitch.

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Making these changes I will say Drastically improved our confidence in Cleanly making those shots as designed and fully enjoying the experience.

I’m sad to see that ball guide so misaligned with the upper flipper. That should be a factory fix. I tweak my games all the time - no stranger to making adjustments but to have to drill holes in an $8k NIB just doesn’t seem right.

I hope these become factory fixes before #386 comes off the line.

#2296 3 years ago

just posting this info here in case you guys didn’t see it on the other Rick and Morty thread;

F124CDAE-24CC-4E98-832D-E63E3DD4DF0F (resized).jpegF124CDAE-24CC-4E98-832D-E63E3DD4DF0F (resized).jpeg
#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I’m sad to see that ball guide so misaligned with the upper flipper. That should be a factory fix. I tweak my games all the time - no stranger to making adjustments but to have to drill holes in an $8k NIB just doesn’t seem right.
I hope these become factory fixes before #386 comes off the line.

As do I for others but it really wasn't terribly difficult to change. The game is awesome and the code is coming along nicely just some early release build adjustments hopefully. If not I hope these details can at least help as it really changes the dynamic of shots a Lot. Really enjoying it now and don't feel as Amazed when I make a loop now lol.

#2298 3 years ago

My changes were very similar to Yelobird's. I just finished tweaking the game further and have everything I can figure out done apart from the scoop rejections. I'll have pics up late tonight for everyone to compare against Yelobird's.

#2299 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

My changes were very similar to Yelobird's. I just finished tweaking the game further and have everything I can figure out done apart from the scoop rejections. I'll have pics up late tonight for everyone to compare against Yelobird's.

For me, to correct the scoop ejects I added 2 washers under the three mount points on the scoop underside. Basically lowering it 1/8”. After lowering I Slightly raised the scoop hood radius about the same till it touched the plastic. Works perfectly now for me. Much different from when new. Good luck.

#2300 3 years ago

I think these are the final modifications I'll be making to this game. I'm still not 100% happy with how the right turnaround shot rattles on some shots but I don't see anything I can do about it. Notes beneath every photo.

LoopOverview (resized).jpgLoopOverview (resized).jpgHere's an overview shot of the loop. You'll notice that I added curvature to the ball guide so that the ball would hug the outside rail for the entire shot. This is different than what Yelobird did. This photo was also before my end-of-loop modification shown later.

LoopBeginningOutside (resized).jpgLoopBeginningOutside (resized).jpgBackside of the loop entrance showing the three repositioned screws

LoopLEDs (resized).jpgLoopLEDs (resized).jpgThe rail now butts up against two of the LEDs and the black plastic posts.

LoopScrewHole (resized).jpgLoopScrewHole (resized).jpgHere you can see how far I pushed the rail back and the now exposed screw hole

LoopEndBefore (resized).jpgLoopEndBefore (resized).jpgThis shows the end of the loop ball guide AFTER my first modification and the trajectory into the diverter. This is what causes the ball to rattle at the top of the loop, hitting the ball guide where the diverter/elbow is. It is not a smooth transition point.

LoopEndCompare (resized).jpgLoopEndCompare (resized).jpgNotes on my changes

LoopEndAfter (resized).jpgLoopEndAfter (resized).jpgFinal positioning of the end of loop ball guide

GarageOverview (resized).jpgGarageOverview (resized).jpgGarage shot modification overview

GarageRail (resized).jpgGarageRail (resized).jpgI had to loosen the wood rail to get the post underneath for the curvature I wanted, plus I had to remove one LED :/

GarageShotSide (resized).jpgGarageShotSide (resized).jpgGarage shot rail from the other, visible side

RightOrbitFlipper (resized).jpgRightOrbitFlipper (resized).jpgUpper flipper rail re-positioned. I ended up removing one screw from the wood rail and bending it, ever so much, to the right. Without bending it I was not getting the proper angle for the flipper nor the fix I wanted for the ball bouncing off the rail and into the turnaround. The second screw seen here was crucial to keep the wood rail bent ever so slightly. Without it the wood rail would push against the ball guide creating a bump.

Next up is the scoop now that I have a few tips to work from. I'll be streaming again on Saturday if anyone wants to see these modifications in action.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, OH
Trade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods
Interactive
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.