(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,162 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Var1AbL3
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg
20231227_100846 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,162 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 404.
#20001 4 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Anyone pull the trigger and replace the stock LCD with the upgraded one? Did it make a noticeable difference?

I did mine a year ago. Definitely like the way it looks now.

#20002 3 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Anyone pull the trigger and replace the stock LCD with the upgraded one? Did it make a noticeable difference?

I purchased the upgraded screen but have yet to install it (it's been a year). I don't have any issues with the screen but I am short (5'7") so after adjusting the colors to my liking I haven't felt the need to change it out. I imagine if you are above 6 feet there is some degradation.

#20003 3 months ago

I installed some magnetic reed switches from M&M creations recently. What a tremendous difference!
Before only about 50% of the loop shots would register. It was SO frustrating to qualify an extra ball and then successfully make that loop shot but not be awarded the extra ball!
Now with the MRS's installed that shot is 100%. These things are amazing. If any of you are having issues with your rollover switches registering, I highly recommend these!

#20004 3 months ago

I concur I put these in and never looked back. I put 3, Spinner, Top Right Orbit, and the Reverse Right mini-orbit going in. I did have 4 so there was one in the opening where that shot meets the orbit, but balls were more often going over from the launch an back out the reverse right mini-orbit backwards; so I put the Wire swith back in that spot, and lost none of the improvements. It stopped the ball going back up the turnaround. I bought for 4 and used 3. Remember there is LH and RH, so the Mag goes at the Top of the slot, so No Stucky Balls

#20005 3 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I installed some magnetic reed switches from M&M creations recently. What a tremendous difference!
Before only about 50% of the loop shots would register. It was SO frustrating to qualify an extra ball and then successfully make that loop shot but not be awarded the extra ball!
Now with the MRS's installed that shot is 100%. These things are amazing. If any of you are having issues with your rollover switches registering, I highly recommend these!

I agree they are amazing, however...I don't agree on 100% even with MRS. In test mode, the MRS picks it up 100% of the time when manually moving the ball over the magnet but in real time game mode, maybe once in a blue moon every 50 to 100 games or so the loop shot won't register the purple required shot and/or the extra ball when lit. Maybe the ball just has too much height on those rare occasions or it's possibly a timing issue (code related? the few times I've seen this happen the shot was made rather quickly after the purple light and/or extra ball light was illuminated). It's definitely NOT a big deal, but worth mentioning given your post. I believe one or two other owners have posted something similar on the thread over the last year or so. My point is, nothing is 100%

#20006 3 months ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I’ve replaced a couple in RaM, along with Ultraman… About to do Scooby. The improvement in the black is the most noticeable
Here is a DIY option, along with some before/after: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/56#post-7052234
Here is what you can build with your OE screen: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-lcd-clock#post-7507356

Shout out to @planetexpress! I did his DIY screen upgrade and it looks WAAAY better. I’m a believer, next up will be Halloween.

#20007 3 months ago

As a guy who has installed the jerry ramp too - I can't agree more that it really is super tough to hit but I love having the option now to shoot on that side of the PF. It's def doesn't make the game easier imo. It also looks and feels production quality. Can't recommend it more to other owners...

#20008 3 months ago

So my R&M is back up and running after Spooky sent me a new CPU + hard drive (thanks as always to AJ).

However - I have to say it's not the best situation for future repairs. As far as I can tell from what AJ said (and because I had to be sent a new CPU + drive pair), there is some sort of encryption between the CPU board and the disk. This means that if your SSD fails (which isn't beyond the realms of impossibility), you cannot just buy a new one, get a software image and DIY fix it. You will most likely always need a new CPU to go with it and it will always need to be built by Spooky themselves?

I was able to quickly fix my Halloween when the SSD failed just by buying a new drive and re-imaging it - i don't think you'll ever be able to do this with R&M.

It's a minor complaint, and I still think this game is incredible and almost certainly in my top 3 games of all time. However future "repairability" is always lurking in the back of my mind when I get a new machine, and given that I've had several SSD failures (across various devices) in the last couple of years this is something that should be easily fixable in my eyes.

#20009 3 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

So my R&M is back up and running after Spooky sent me a new CPU + hard drive (thanks as always to AJ).
However - I have to say it's not the best situation for future repairs. As far as I can tell from what AJ said (and because I had to be sent a new CPU + drive pair), there is some sort of encryption between the CPU board and the disk. This means that if your SSD fails (which isn't beyond the realms of impossibility), you cannot just buy a new one, get a software image and DIY fix it. You will most likely always need a new CPU to go with it and it will always need to be built by Spooky themselves?
I was able to quickly fix my Halloween when the SSD failed just by buying a new drive and re-imaging it - i don't think you'll ever be able to do this with R&M.
It's a minor complaint, and I still think this game is incredible and almost certainly in my top 3 games of all time. However future "repairability" is always lurking in the back of my mind when I get a new machine, and given that I've had several SSD failures (across various devices) in the last couple of years this is something that should be easily fixable in my eyes.

R&M doesn't use TPM or anything outside the SSD for crypto. You can image a drive and use it on the same mb or replace the mb with the same model. I don't know what happened in your case, sounds like power surge with those parts down, that sucks.

When it comes time and all the spare minipcs are dead you'll be able to use any PC to keep it running. It doesn't worry me.

#20010 3 months ago
Quoted from fnord:

R&M doesn't use TPM or anything outside the SSD for crypto. You can image a drive and use it on the same mb or replace the mb with the same model. I don't know what happened in your case, sounds like power surge with those parts down, that sucks.
When it comes time and all the spare minipcs are dead you'll be able to use any PC to keep it running. It doesn't worry me.

Interesting - because I tried swapping just the MB/CPU over first (with the same SSD), and it seemed like the drive wasn't even recognised. It wouldn't work until I'd replaced both the board and the drive together.

Also AJ stated that he was unable to provide a software image for that very reason.

It would be awesome to use any mini-pc to keep it going (as is definitely the case with Halloween), but I'm not sure it's quite so straightforward here.

#20011 3 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m heading overseas for a bit as of tomorrow and am hoping to sort out today with what I have avail (otherwise I would). I thought just following the instructions would be an easy fix.
Kind of annoying that this is even a thing with Spooky pins.
Edit: I was able to get this sorted. I ended up getting a wired (non-Apple) keyboard. Also, I didn't have to connect the two pins, when I saw the F1/F2 screen, it worked by just hitting Delete.

So I'm now having this same problem - if i switch on the machine I get nothing but a blank screen and the playfield lights come on but remain static.

If I remove the CMOS battery I will get the bios screen which I can get past using the keyboard, and the game will start successfully. If I put the battery back in, we go back to the blank screen.

Not sure what the problem is - I suppose it's some setting in the bios? So do I need to remove the battery to get to the bios, then re-do all the settings and put the battery back in?

Such a strange problem, and i've literally just replaced the CPU a few days ago.

#20012 3 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

So I'm now having this same problem - if i switch on the machine I get nothing but a blank screen and the playfield lights come on but remain static.
If I remove the CMOS battery I will get the bios screen which I can get past using the keyboard, and the game will start successfully. If I put the battery back in, we go back to the blank screen.
Not sure what the problem is - I suppose it's some setting in the bios? So do I need to remove the battery to get to the bios, then re-do all the settings and put the battery back in?
Such a strange problem, and i've literally just replaced the CPU a few days ago.

Sounds like your battery might need replaced (and your settings), have you checked this out?

https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/battery-replacement/

#20013 3 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Sounds like your battery might need replaced (and your settings), have you checked this out?
https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/battery-replacement/

I just got the new board - but yeah i did try replacing the battery. I just don't get how I can actually boot the machine ok with *no* battery in the board (using a keyboard)?

I'm guessing when the battery is in there - somehow its using different BIOS settings and not able to boot? It's just really bizarre...

Edit: Well I went ahead and replaced the battery AGAIN, and went through all the bios settings and it's now ok. However, it's still very weird behaviour. Maybe fitting for this pin?

#20014 3 months ago

I installed Vimtoman launch button mod yesterday...easy install, just remove the old switch (cut the four wires), and install the new switch using the old nut. The hardest part was sliding the piece of flexible material into the "bulb" portion of the new switch.
Short video here:

and another

20231114_164506_resized (resized).jpg20231114_164506_resized (resized).jpg20231114_164718_resized (resized).jpg20231114_164718_resized (resized).jpg20231114_165400_resized (resized).jpg20231114_165400_resized (resized).jpg

#20015 3 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I installed Vimtoman launch button mod yesterday...easy install, just remove the old switch (cut the four wires), and install the new switch using the old nut. The hardest part was sliding the piece of flexible material into the "bulb" portion of the new switch.
Short video here:
and another
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super impressed with modders that take Mods this far. NICE

#20016 3 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Short video here:
and another

Thanks Paul for testing this out for me

#20017 3 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Short video here:
and another

Thanks for posting monkfe as I had no idea Vimtoman created yet another fantastic animated mod - this time for RAM. Looks like I just bought myself a Christmas present but doubt it'll ever spend time under the tree... I'm in!

#20018 3 months ago

Vimtoman That looks awesome! Are you doing a list?

Now I can add this to my mod Xmas list along with the Jerry ramp

#20019 3 months ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Thanks Paul for testing this out for me

I've got the Ultraman mod you made and definitely would like to be added to any list for this one. My R&M needs this.

#20020 3 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Vimtoman That looks awesome! Are you doing a list?
Now I can add this to my mod Xmas list along with the Jerry ramp

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I've got the Ultraman mod you made and definitely would like to be added to any list for this one. My R&M needs this.

I have a few being made up this weekend.
Thanks and will place you guys on my list.

#20021 3 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Thanks for posting monkfe as I had no idea Vimtoman created yet another fantastic animated mod - this time for RAM. Looks like I just bought myself a Christmas present but doubt it'll ever spend time under the tree... I'm in!

Its on the way to you

#20022 3 months ago

No longer in the club, but do have a set of original BSE backbox hinges with the Spooky logo. $75 shipped priority in the US.

#20023 3 months ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Its on the way to you

How much is that start button?

#20024 3 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How much is that start button?

It's about $250 shipped to the states. Just ordered one!

1 week later
#20025 3 months ago

For those watching season 7… they brought back the Morty adventure card!

#20026 3 months ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

For those watching season 7… they brought back the Morty adventure card!

Yup! Kinda though, as Morty was stacking the deck, hahaha

#20027 3 months ago

It’s just like the game - some settings give you free stamps!

Quoted from northerndude:

Yup! Kinda though, as Morty was stacking the deck, hahaha

#20028 3 months ago

The "no call out" bug reared it's ugly head again tonight. Music and sound effects remain. The call-outs are gone. This is probably the fifth time I've seen this now on this machine in the short time I've owned it. That's way too many times in less than 2 months. Had to turn the machine off and turn it back on again to fix this "bug"

#20029 3 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The "no call out" bug reared it's ugly head again tonight. Music and sound effects remain. The call-outs are gone. This is probably the fifth time I've seen this now on this machine in the short time I've owned it. That's way too many times in less than 2 months. Had to turn the machine off and turn it back on again to fix this "bug"

Have you shared the debug report with Eric?

1 week later
#20030 82 days ago

Hey Everyone,

I'm finally getting around to reinstalling this rod for the ship assembly. I was able to find the post in this thread showing a leaf spring used to "fix" the broken plastic hinge assembly. As of now, I have 2 plastic hinges (one as a spare). Has anyone reduced the rod length and had success with the original design plastic hinge not breaking? Several months ago, I posted about the rod being loose in the cab, and spooky sending a replacement gray plastic for the bottom (playfield underside) rod support. The metal rod that I have is about 4.5" long. It looks like the end (without rubber cap) was clipped at some point.

I also thought someone was making a replacement hinge that's better reinforced for the constant flexing. Unfortunately, I can't find that old post in this thread, even using search.

As always, I appreciate the support!

20231208_130104 (resized).jpg20231208_130104 (resized).jpg20231208_130230 (resized).jpg20231208_130230 (resized).jpg
#20031 82 days ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Has anyone reduced the rod length and had success with the original design plastic hinge not breaking?

This is what I did on my R&M and I am still rocking the original hinge.

Don't remember how much I trimmed, but I did it to reduce the throw-length and my hinge has no cracks thus far.

#20032 82 days ago
Quoted from guitarded:

This is what I did on my R&M and I am still rocking the original hinge.
Don't remember how much I trimmed, but I did it to reduce the throw-length and my hinge has no cracks thus far.

That's great! I'll just have to mess around with the mech and see what length works best. Appreciate the info!

#20033 82 days ago

New meseeks box available as a preorder. This uses the same RGB LED and same screws so it's plug and play.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1426-pinhead-mods/09883-rick-amp-morty-meseeks-box-upgrade

20231209_113417 (resized).jpg20231209_113417 (resized).jpg Added 81 days ago:

Update: the black stripes were removed from the sides of the meseeks box. see updated pics in the ad.

#20034 78 days ago

With all the talk of new games, new code, Eric back at Spooky for a while, I had an idea about this game.

It does seem that the code is done, no more assets.

And unlikely to be a wizard mode.

How about a secret 3 shot wizard mode?

If you finish Rick Potion, there is a timed 3 shot hurry up.

Hit the shots, score 100 million and then animation of an explosion, and game goes dead!

It does seem that more stuff was meant to go in the game, so above is a quick way of adding a wizard mode with no assets.

#20035 77 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

With all the talk of new games, new code, Eric back at Spooky for a while, I had an idea about this game.
It does seem that the code is done, no more assets.
And unlikely to be a wizard mode.
How about a secret 3 shot wizard mode?
If you finish Rick Potion, there is a timed 3 shot hurry up.
Hit the shots, score 100 million and then animation of an explosion, and game goes dead!
It does seem that more stuff was meant to go in the game, so above is a quick way of adding a wizard mode with no assets.

I thought Rick Potion itself was the wizard mode? You can't do it until you've completed the adventure card, so it kinda qualifies as one. I would rather see something on the dimension path - eg, if you visit 20 dimensions you get a super-wizardy one! Again, wouldn't require any assets, and I'm sure Eric could come up with something really cool.

#20036 77 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I thought Rick Potion itself was the wizard mode? You can't do it until you've completed the adventure card, so it kinda qualifies as one. I would rather see something on the dimension path - eg, if you visit 20 dimensions you get a super-wizardy one! Again, wouldn't require any assets, and I'm sure Eric could come up with something really cool.

I had two ideas a while back...
1) What about adding a multiball or mini-wizard that kicks in when you get three green stamps in a row? Since it could only be activated when a mode completes, there wouldn't be too many conflicts with activating during adventures.

2) Something like a dimension hopping multiball, where the portal stays lit, and the player has to travel to as many dimensions as quickly as possible. Scoring is based on speed and number of dimensions traversed before going back to 1 ball. Hoping it could be considered.

I also had the idea if more dimensions are added... A negative dimension where every time the ball touches the pop bumper, all scoring is 0 for 3-5 seconds.

#20037 76 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

It is technically, but there were more plans to add stuff, but then things happened that stopped it.

#20039 74 days ago

It really is a great mod!

#20040 74 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It is technically, but there were more plans to add stuff, but then things happened that stopped it.

Things happened??

#20041 74 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Things happened??

Likely a reference to the owner of the assets changing at one point.

But seriously, Rick Potion is the Wizard mode. Maybe, just maybe, someday I'll get there with the glass on, and from a normally started game

#20042 74 days ago

Plus, Eric already gave us our candy... and started a thing. I'm referring to the whole, one-ball game deal he came up with. Lucky he did too, or I'd have never seen the wizard mode on my Foo Fighters (which sorta copied Eric's trick.)

#20043 74 days ago

My only complaint with Rick Potion 9 is how unbalanced the scoring is relative to all other modes. Without particularly aiming, just keeping the ball in play, I often take a score from somewhere around 20-25 million to 60-70 million. Doubling or tripling my score just for one mode without actually playing better during the mode always seems kinda off.

#20044 74 days ago

That's your reward for getting green stamps to boost mode #10's (whatever you pick) value.

#20045 74 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

That's your reward for getting green stamps to boost mode #10's (whatever you pick) value.

And this also makes it something of a wizard mode. I think there was an idea for another mode that was started in the garage (Similar to Rick Potion), but it was never approved. I wonder what episode this would have referenced.

This would have been nice, as a mode to be started at the garage would still be a surprise as to which of the two you'd get.

#20046 74 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I often take a score from somewhere around 20-25 million to 60-70 million.

How many stamps are you starting your card with?

The only times I have sniffed Love Potion, I had scores of 90+ Mil going.

#20047 71 days ago

I'm considering trying to acquire a R&M now that they are hitting $10K on the market instead of $12.5K. I'm on the fence as I've never been able to play one in a home environment.

1. What do you love about it?
2. What do you hate about it?
3. It still seems a bit high dollar for a Spooky. Without the rarity, does it feel like a $10K game?

Thanks for your input!

#20048 71 days ago

I just joined the club 2 months ago. It’s been a grail pin for me for a while due to my love of the IP.

I was nervous when starting to look, as I’ve heard about some clunky R&M shots. I was lucky enough to buy mine from its first owner, and he had changed out the switches in the back for MRS switches already. And added the spacer for the flipper bushings.

Mine plays very well, I can hit the left ramp and other shots fairly consistently. The garage is a rough shot at times still but it is repeatable.

I am súper happy with mine and I don’t see it leaving for a long time.

#20049 71 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm considering trying to acquire a R&M now that they are hitting $10K on the market instead of $12.5K. I'm on the fence as I've never been able to play one in a home environment.
3. It still seems a bit high dollar for a Spooky. Without the rarity, does it feel like a $10K game?
Thanks for your input!

1. I love the theme and theme integration. I also love the sound and light show (Danesi rocks!). I like that the layout is challenging and unconventional. I also love that the callouts are the most hilarious of any game ever made. The art package is also great and the added challenge modes are fun and make for good dollar games.
2. There isn't anything I hate about the game. My only disappointment is that the licensor changed (R&M was bought out) and Spooky was unable to add all of the content and modes that they wanted into the game. What's there is great though and they did a fantastic job with the assets they have. The game still has pretty good depth and the dimensions add a variable that keeps the game interesting.
3. I think it feels like a $10K game. The game seems to be above the level of a Stern Premium which cost close to $10K. It has a real backglass, powdercoat, a rocking sound system, topper, etc. Even without the rarity this would be a $9700 game if Spooky were making them today (just like LT and TCM). The rarity/theme makes it a good buy in the $10K range in my opinion.

#20050 71 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Thanks for your input!

THIS is the game that sucked me back into enjoying the hobby big time. Acquired 4 additional Spooky gamesas a result. Prior two commenters are spot on. Love the theme and way it is Integrated into game play. Even though my game is dialed in well, there are times a few shots can feel clunky. Without at least a few tasteful mods, game seems flat when seen on location. For me, this game is worth every cent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 20,162 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/401 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.