(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 404.
#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You're right. I totally forgot that there are RGB and are board mounted and not in a traditional socket like a typical GI bulb.
Although the adjusted rail position is very close it's still not touching the plastic LED cover. I think it will be fine.

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Where did you get this ?

Dude, scroll up like 5 or 6 posts. It’s all there! Good to go

#1853 3 years ago

Kyle on his flooble crank

rps20200325_211742 (resized).jpgrps20200325_211742 (resized).jpg
#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here's some info I'd like to share to others who dont mind doing adjustments/tweaks to their games.
I wanted to see what I could do to make the garage shot from the upper right flipper easier. The shot was makeable before but since I'm just an average skillz player I wanted to make it even more makable.
Based on what was learned from adding more curvature to the rail position with the inner loop spinner shot, I wanted to see if something similar could be done with the garage shot.
You need to remove the plastics above the portal return trough to get access to that area. If you look at the intial position of the rail you can remove the second and third screw on the rail to adjust its position (very similar to the inner loop shot). However, the tab on the third screw is very close to a wooden rail which prevents you from moving it much at all.
[quoted image]
Loosen the black screws under the playfield which secure the wooden rail to the playfield. This allows you to raise the wood rail a little bit.
[quoted image]
Then you can slide the edge of the metal rail tab under the wood rail to increase the curvature. Tightening the wood rail screws will then clamp and secure the rail tab under the wood rail.
You can see the curvature of that rail is now improved.
[quoted image]
If you use the original screw hole for the first tab on the rail, it will restrict how much of a curve you can create. I made a new screw hole for the first tab which allowed me to increase the amount of curvature.
The shot is still hard but now my sloppy half assed shots sometimes make it to the garage.

Well done. A must do for me as well as the other modification Whysnow detailed. Just a little makes a world of difference. Thanks for sharing to both.

#1856 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:Deleted post

Looks like someone isn't getting enough attention lately, so he turns to ebay since he can't post here.

#1857 3 years ago

He is selling a picture of Hilton? The picture was pulled from a twitch stream , is that something he could legally sell ? Not that I really care , just curious .

#1858 3 years ago

Who cares. Don't feed the troll. Move on.

#1859 3 years ago

I have an idea to toss out there for consideration.

Even without the economic shutdown, my delivery date for R&M is still a long ways away and made even longer now. Despite that, I'm thinking of paying Charlie and Company in full, right now, as my way to help float their boat during this difficult time. It's an individual choice that may appeal to others, but if only a few of us took this gamble it could make a difference.

Your personal finances and family responsibilities come first of course, but food for thought.

#1860 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Even without the economic shutdown, my delivery date for R&M is still a long ways away and made even longer now. Despite that, I'm thinking of paying Charlie and Company in full, right now, as my way to help float their boat during this difficult time. It's an individual choice that may appeal to others, but if only a few of us took this gamble it could make a difference.
Your personal finances and family responsibilities come first of course, but food for thought.

If we head into a recession, prices might go down a bit for awhile everywhere.

#1861 3 years ago

Lookin' Good, Hilton.

Lookin' like 50K, no doubt!

#1862 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Would love to do this but as things stand I'll be fortunate enough to fulfill my payment a year from now - feeling sheepish all the while for buying a NIB pinball if too many neighbors friends and family are struggling then - so I'd rather not tempt fate much less crow about it. Too many unknowns for the weeks and months ahead. It's a good idea and if you can swing it I'm sure it would help, but given the amount of pain being felt and shared everywhere quiet discretion might be better for now.

#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Even without the economic shutdown, my delivery date for R&M is still a long ways away and made even longer now. Despite that, I'm thinking of paying Charlie and Company in full, right now, as my way to help float their boat during this difficult time.

Would love to do this but as things stand I'll be fortunate enough to fulfill my payment a year from now - feeling sheepish all the while for buying a NIB pinball if too many neighbors friends and family are struggling then - so I'd rather not tempt fate much less crow about it. Too many unknowns for the weeks and months ahead. It's a good idea and if you can swing it I'm sure it would help, but given the amount of pain being felt and shared everywhere quiet discretion might be better for now.

I was thinking about doing this too but actually sending partial payments as time passes.

But, I agree with Goingincirclez... better to wait and see what happens with all that is going on, at least for now.

#1864 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not saying no but isn’t that what the 750 $1500 deposits would help do? Plus maybe 64 (last I checked) games paid in full. I suspect Charlie would appreciate the gesture but he seems like a man and company of principle who more then likely would prefer everyone take care of their Families with that money until the time comes to get back to business. Kind thought though.

#1865 3 years ago

Anyone know what payment methods spooky accepts for final payment?

#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'm not sure, but I would avoid using a credit card so that Spooky doesn't get stuck paying the fees.

Did you get your build sheet and request for final payment yet?

#1867 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I got this from them last week:

“We take many different forms of payment Credit cards, check, cash, wire transfer, and yes we do use Square”

#1868 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I got this from them last week:
“We take many different forms of payment Credit cards, check, cash, wire transfer, and yes we do use Square”

Free 10 foot pole with cash payments.

#1869 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Free 10 foot pole with cash payments.

The cash is taped to this hockey stick thats taped to this other hockey stick.

But srsly if they need the $$ id also throw down some cash.

i imagine my order will be worked on soon anyway, right after easter /s

#1870 3 years ago

My wife and I can rip the spinner regularly. I actually close the lane down a bit to increase the curve. Yes, I had gone the other way, but it was causing more problems. This move seems to have worked for us. One frequent thing. About 50% of the time,I send the ball ripping past the spinner, and then It seems to stick at the top of the loop. It then trickles back down the opening of the loop. Is this the diverter, or is this something that needs to be adjusted at the top of the loop? It’s under the house, so hard to tell what’s going on. The rest of the time it goes around the loop, although sometimes it seems to get stalled at the top, but does come around the right way.

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My wife and I can rip the spinner regularly. I actually close the lane down a bit to increase the curve. Yes, I had gone the other way, but it was causing more problems. This move seems to have worked for us. One frequent thing. About 50% of the time,I send the ball ripping past the spinner, and the. It seems to stick at the top of the loop. It then trickles back down the opening of the loop. Is this the diverter, or is this something that needs to be adjusted at the top of the loop? It’s under the house, so hard to tell what’s going on. The rest of the time it goes around the loop, although sometimes it seems to get stalled at the top, but does come around the right way.

Ate you on the latest 3-17 code?

There was a new setting added that by default will close diverter on inner loop shots to make smooth transitions. But it said you can disable it if it caused problems. Maybe try changing that setting and see what happens.

#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Ate you on the latest 3-17 code?
There was a new setting added that by default will close diverter on inner loop shots to make smooth transitions. But it said you can disable it if it caused problems. Maybe try changing that setting and see what happens.

Yah, latest code. I look at the settings tomorrow. Good idea.

#1873 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm not sure, but I would avoid using a credit card so that Spooky doesn't get stuck paying the fees.
Did you get your build sheet and request for final payment yet?

Yea I did my build sheet a couple weeks ago. No request for final payment yet. I’m #81 Pretty sure production is stopped right now so not expecting it anytime soon.

#1874 3 years ago

Finally got all the parts in to make my first batch of Pickle Rick mods. This first batch will include some extra free items with each order. Cost is $40 plus $5 shipping. Available in my pinside shop https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/03616-pickle-rick-with-fluorescent-green-plastic-and-bonus-items

Pickle Rick is pre-mounted onto a fluorescent green plastic with some Pickle Rick themed art on it. Installation is so easy even simple Rick could figure it out. Just unscrew 2 nuts, remove your existing plastic and put Pickle Rick in place. I include 2 green colored acorn nuts as a nice finishing touch. Pickle Rick adds some pizzazz to that corner of you machine and does double duty by helping to hide the opto wire going to the ramp. In addition to the highly detailed Pickle Rick mod with cosmic green light reactive plastic, you also get the following bonus items at no extra charge:

Custom printed "Squanch Ball" plastic insert. This replaces the launch ball graphic on the game for the more theme appropriate "Squanch Ball" instead.

Custom printed plastic Morty start button. Replace the boring factory start button with the Morty start button. Each button press adds a Morty tot he game so having a Morty on button just makes sense. You will receive two Mortys to choose from: the astonished Morty (when Morty hears where the megaseed is supposed to go) and the pursed lips surprised Morty (Morty after the megaseed was inserted) .

Custom printed plastic coin insert labels, Everyone knows the Galactic Federation doesn't used quarters for currency anymore. Replace the factory coin inserts with the proper denomination of your choice; Flurbos, Schmeckles, or Blemflarcks. I believe most of the games at blips and chitz require 50 Flurobos nowadays.

Also include is a talking ring/jewelry/key holder (ring not included) you can out on your nightstand. Great place to keep you rings, jewelry, or key chains. Press the button and it says "I'm Pickle Ricccckkkk" and "I turned myself into a pickle Morty !"

Also included is a full color 48 page book detailing the story of Pickle Rick. Read about the animators discussing how Pickle Rick came to be as well as the full Pickle Rick story with fantastic images taken from the most popular episode of the entire series. Makes a great bead time story to read to small children or adults who are still children at heart.
pr_book (resized).jpgpr_book (resized).jpgpr_labels (resized).jpgpr_labels (resized).jpgpr_all_in (resized).jpgpr_all_in (resized).jpgpr1 (resized).jpgpr1 (resized).jpgpr3 (resized).jpgpr3 (resized).jpg

#1875 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Finally got all the parts in to make my first batch of Pickle Rick mods. This first batch will include some extra free items with each order. Cost is $40 plus $5 shipping. Available in my pinside shop https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/03616-pickle-rick-with-fluorescent-green-plastic-and-bonus-items
Pickle Rick is pre-mounted onto a fluorescent green plastic with some Pickle Rick themed art on it. Installation is so easy even simple Rick could figure it out. Just unscrew 2 nuts, remove your existing plastic and put Pickle Rick in place. I include 2 green colored acorn nuts as a nice finishing touch. Pickle Rick adds some pizzazz to that corner of you machine and does double duty by helping to hide the opto wire going to the ramp. In addition to the highly detailed Pickle Rick mod with cosmic green light reactive plastic, you also get the following bonus items at no extra charge:
Custom printed "Squanch Ball" plastic insert. This replaces the launch ball graphic on the game for the more theme appropriate "Squanch Ball" instead.
Custom printed plastic Morty start button. Replace the boring factory start button with the Morty start button. Each button press adds a Morty tot he game so having a Morty on button just makes sense. You will receive two Mortys to choose from: the astonished Morty (when Morty hears where the megaseed is supposed to go) and the pursed lips surprised Morty (Morty after the megaseed was inserted) .
Custom printed plastic coin insert labels, Everyone knows the Galactic Federation doesn't used quarters for currency anymore. Replace the factory coin inserts with the proper denomination of your choice; Flurbos, Schmeckles, or Blemflarcks. I believe most of the games at blips and chitz require 50 Flurobos nowadays.
Also include is a talking ring/jewelry/key holder (ring not included) you can out on your nightstand. Great place to keep you rings, jewelry, or key chains. Press the button and it says "I'm Pickle Ricccckkkk" and "I turned myself into a pickle Morty !"
Also included is a full color 48 page book detailing the story of Pickle Rick. Read about the animators discussing how Pickle Rick came to be as well as the full Pickle Rick story with fantastic images taken from the most popular episode of the entire series. Makes a great bead time story to read to small children or adults who are still children at heart.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a great package and offer. Love it! Really like the custom coin door and shooter button add ons really a mice touch to complete the theme look. Your the man!

#1876 3 years ago

A bug. But a very specific bug. I was in Total Rickall, just as I tilted it I started Gromflomite Multiball. Flippers went dead and the one ball drained. The Gromflomite Multiball then started and the drop targets released the balls. Flippers came back and I started to play with 2 balls. This continued (and the score continued) until one ball drained and the other went in the scoop. I had to power cycle the game because it did go into ball search. Kinda a freakish coincidence.

#1877 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Not a big mod guy but you son of a bitch, I’m in.

#1878 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well done. Looks factory.

#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I like what you got!

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Appreciate the game play footage but that place is teaming with people, all over the place. Germany just imposed a stricter - no gatherings over 2 people and there like 75+ people in that video. Sorry but this is upsetting to me.

You must have LOST IT watching spring break videos.

#1881 3 years ago

booo i missed out on PICKLE RIICK...

#1884 3 years ago

Cleaned and waxed my pf yesterday after about 250 games. Still looks like day 1.
Pictures dont do it justice at all and I know 250 games is barely breaking it in.

Also made myself an airball deflector with some lexan I had lying around. On really fast shots, the ball was flying off of the right ramp.

Also had a ball get wedge behind Mr Meeseeks!

20200328_092649 (resized).jpg20200328_092649 (resized).jpg20200328_092712 (resized).jpg20200328_092712 (resized).jpg20200328_092722 (resized).jpg20200328_092722 (resized).jpg20200328_092727 (resized).jpg20200328_092727 (resized).jpg20200328_092719 (resized).jpg20200328_092719 (resized).jpg20200328_092748 (resized).jpg20200328_092748 (resized).jpg20200328_092740 (resized).jpg20200328_092740 (resized).jpg20200328_131527 (resized).jpg20200328_131527 (resized).jpg20200328_132004 (resized).jpg20200328_132004 (resized).jpg20200328_134159 (resized).jpg20200328_134159 (resized).jpg
#1885 3 years ago

I noticed a lot of post were “edited” in the past 4 days! What’s going on? Did I miss something?

#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I noticed a lot of post were “edited” in the past 4 days! What’s going on? Did I miss something?

#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you want to DIY:
amazon.com link »

If you go back to the post linked below I did a full tutorial with pics for the do it your selfers. I do that with most of the mods I design.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/27#post-5504714

#1889 3 years ago

Just checking in. Do we know how long the line is anticipated to be down with the suppliers shut down and the move to the new factory assembly location?

I see the creators of R&M have new show being released soon, Solar Opposites. It looks great. I hope Spooky is able to reserve the license if it takes off and is a big hit show. Great time for the release with everyone stuck at home.

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just checking in. Do we know how long the line is anticipated to be down with the suppliers shut down and the move to the new factory assembly location?

Nobody knows. But I’d guess the world resumes around July.

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you go back to the post linked below I did a full tutorial with pics for the do it your selfers. I do that with most of the mods I design.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/27#post-5504714

I bought your last one, cuz I like what you got. Thanks for sharing!

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:Just checking in. Do we know how long the line is anticipated to be down with the suppliers shut down and the move to the new factory assembly location?
I see the creators of R&M have new show being released soon, Solar Opposites. It looks great. I hope Spooky is able to reserve the license if it takes off and is a big hit show. Great time for the release with everyone stuck at home.

Just watched the trailer for solar opposites. Looks great.

#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If you listen to the latest Super Awesome Pinball podcast they make it seem like they won't be down much at all and have enough parts on hand to keep them busy for a while.

I think there were delays recently as they moved to the new shop and went into 14 day self quarantine but I would anticipate that they will start working on games again soon. At least I hope!

#1894 3 years ago

The new shop is quite literally across the street. On Facebook, they said that they were going into self quarantine.

You can see it here.
https://www.facebook.com/196751743719394/posts/2957824540945420/

"So we were exposed to a confirmed case 11 days ago, and we're self isolating for safety during the 30 day safe at home WI order. On day 4 of no shop work... house odd jobs are running out. All but 1 pinball is back to 100% in the basement. Time to do something else Spooky I love and haven't done in a few years. STAY SAFE OUT THERE EVERYONE!!! Stay happy, healthy, and positive. Spooky Pinball will be back soon in a bigger and better shop with lots of renewed energy."

#1895 3 years ago

I've had my hands in and on a few Rick and Morty's now, and I have to whole heartedly say that the game is fantastic!

It's very tough, but it's very fun and very addictive. I can't remember a game I've done the "just one more game" move, more than this one. It hands you your ass, and the only reasonable response is "thank you sir, may I have another?"

There are some adjustments that I recommend making to get shots dialed in on the early games. I'm hopeful that Spooky will take these and other suggestions and make improvements on future builds.

These are in addition to the left loop and left garage shot adjustments that Eric, Hilton, and others have made.

First is the right garage shot. For this, both ramps need to be removed, and the house removed as well. Seven screws total is all, so it's not bad.

With the house removed, the two metal guides in this photo should be adjusted down so the upper lane is as large as possible, and the lower, as small as possible. This significantly helps the garage shot.

20200329_123936.jpg20200329_123936.jpg

Next is the turn-around loop guides on the right. In addition to the right ramp, remove the plastic covering the guides. Bend all the guide ends inward so they do not stick out beyond the rubbers. Also, I recommend removing the bottom rubber as noted in the photo. This will help with the garage shot and the turn-around loop shot.

20200329_124254.jpg20200329_124254.jpg

After doing these adjustments to the games I've worked on, the shots are much less clunky.

I've made these suggestions and others directly to Spooky, and I'm hopeful they'll implement them in future builds.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#1896 3 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I've had my hands in and on a few Rick and Morty's now, and I have to whole heartedly say that the game is fantastic!
It's very tough, but it's very fun and very addictive. I can't remember a game I've done the "just one more game" move, more than this one. It hands you your ass, and the only reasonable response is "thank you sir, may I have another?"
There are some adjustments that I recommend making to get shots dialed in on the early games. I'm hopeful that Spooky will take these and other suggestions and make improvements on future builds.
These are in addition to the left loop and left garage shot adjustments that Eric, Hilton, and others have made.
First is the right garage shot. For this, both ramps need to be removed, and the house removed as well. Seven screws total is all, so it's not bad.
With the house removed, the two metal guides in this photo should be adjusted down so the upper lane is as large as possible, and the lower, as small as possible. This significantly helps the garage shot.
[quoted image]
Next is the turn-around loop guides on the right. In addition to the right ramp, remove the plastic covering the guides. Bend all the guide ends inward so they do not stick out beyond the rubbers. Also, I recommend removing the bottom rubber as noted in the photo. This will help with the garage shot and the turn-around loop shot.
[quoted image]
After doing these adjustments to the games I've worked on, the shots are much less clunky.
I've made these suggestions and others directly to Spooky, and I'm hopeful they'll implement them in future builds.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Fantastic work man!

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Wow! Thanks for taking the time and sharing this. Yes, one flip side of the factory being temporarily down is they can do some refinements for the future builds. This type of feedback is great to see.

#1898 3 years ago

I can rip the spinner shot regularly, but there are still times (30%) that it rattles at the top and trickles down back to the entrance. Then I hear the diverter activate. I have the most recent code. Is this the diverter blocking it, or is the guide blocking it?

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I can rip the spinner shot regularly, but there are still times (30%) that it rattles at the top and trickles down back to the entrance. Then I hear the diverter activate. I have the most recent code. Is this the diverter blocking it, or is the guide blocking it?

The diverted closing is intended to help smooth the shot, it’s a setting if you want to try turning it off.

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I have definitely seen what I believe is, a very fast spinner shot getting hit by the diverter, and sending it back down. You can hear the diverter engage, the ball come back, and the diverter disengage. I have not investigated with the house removed to actually see what's happening though. I also have not yet changed the setting to not engage the diverter for that shot. Which would take care of this issue if my theory is correct.

I meant to add to my previous post, leveling this game properly is extremely important. The way the U-turn can whip the balls back at you instantly, can cause an immediate drain right down the middle if the game is not perfectly level.

It would be great if there was a ball save option for an immediate (instant) drain. After the U-turn optos see the ball, and then milliseconds later the game sees the ball drain without seeing any other switches.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.