(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,277 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by daveyvandy
  • Topic is favorited by 332 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1085 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240513_034103060 (resized).jpg
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,277 posts in this topic. You are on page 405 of 406.
#20201 47 days ago

Rick & Morty is bolted to the floor. it kicks my ass every time i play

#20202 46 days ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

The hollow kit is $25 more than the solid ones. I think the look of the hollow ones are worth it for RaM, as you can see the playfield art through them. Maybe you were looking at ones with the keyed shaft, as that costs more. The keyed shaft makes them easier to install, but that option wasn’t available when I bought mine. I broke a few bolts figuring out that I needed to grind the inside of the pawl to get a tight enough fit. If I had it to do over again, I’d go with the hollow bats, bushings, and keyed shafts.

The hollow ones also have less reverb, I have both types and didn't like the bounciness of the solid ones. The lighter weight hollow ones were smoother (for me at least) on both R&M and TNA.

#20203 45 days ago

Anyone have tips to get the spaceship to sit level. I had a led headlight out and it was facing hard to the left when I got the game. Took out the toy to resolver the led wire on and can’t get it clocked and fairly straight. It either points slightly down like on the photo or worse if I spin the spring into the toy more. (this legit looks like a little happy meal toy, has cast in the bottom copyright Cartoon Network)

IMG_1914 (resized).jpegIMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
#20204 45 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Anyone have tips to get the spaceship to sit level. I had a led headlight out and it was facing hard to the left when I got the game. Took out the toy to resolver the led wire on and can’t get it clocked and fairly straight. It either points slightly down like on the photo or worse if I spin the spring into the toy more. (this legit looks like a little happy meal toy, has cast in the bottom copyright Cartoon Network) [quoted image]

If you search ship spring in here there are plenty of posts detailing what people did. Looks like you need to just swap the spring out.

They used this for the ship (iirc): https://www.amazon.com/Rick-Morty-Ricks-Space-Light/dp/B07MFWP9NT
No point in wasting time or money designing their own when an off the shelf solution works perfectly fine.

#20205 45 days ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

If you search ship spring in here there are plenty of posts detailing what people did. Looks like you need to just swap the spring out.
They used this for the ship (iirc): https://www.amazon.com/Rick-Morty-Ricks-Space-Light/dp/B07MFWP9NT
No point in wasting time or money designing their own when an off the shelf solution works perfectly fine.

on your link there is no spring, only the spaceship, not the same:

Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png

#20206 45 days ago
Quoted from pinballM:

[quoted image]

It is the same, Spooky modified the item to work with the game.

#20207 41 days ago

Need a little help. Just bought a RnM and went to clear the scores via the settings menu, but it constantly just crashes the game when pressing reset scores.
Should I just do a forced update of the game? It’s already on the latest code.

#20208 41 days ago

Just joined the club today! Picked up a R&M standard from another pinsider in a trade. Unfortunately, the topper is a bit too tall for my ceiling so I had to take the portal part off and I'll have to try and engineer something that will work there. Haven't had a chance to put a bunch of games on it and really dial it in yet, but so far having a blast with the theme integration!

IMG_3481 (resized).jpegIMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
#20209 41 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Just joined the club today! Picked up a R&M standard from another pinsider in a trade. Unfortunately, the topper is a bit too tall for my ceiling so I had to take the portal part off and I'll have to try and engineer something that will work there. Haven't had a chance to put a bunch of games on it and really dial it in yet, but so far having a blast with the theme integration!
[quoted image]

If you figure out your portal, do yourself a favor and pack the gearbox full of silicone grease before you reassemble it. The gearbox is really noisy, but the grease helps. Congrats on joining the club!

#20210 41 days ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

If you figure out your portal, do yourself a favor and pack the gearbox full of silicone grease before you reassemble it. The gearbox is really noisy, but the grease helps. Congrats on joining the club!

I’ve noticed that already! It’s still plugged in so it’s spinning without the portal and man it can be loud haha!

#20211 41 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! You already know it's a great but tough game. As for topper pain, at least you could put "part" of it on the top. My ceiling is so low that I'm limited on game slope and on one really tall game, had to have custom short-legs made... Anywho, it's a great game and the sound of the topper doesn't phase me a bit probably because my games are in a bloody short ceilinged basement!

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpgRAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
#20212 41 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Just joined the club

i just joined last week with a BSE, and i have to say, i think yours looks so much better with the black armor/apron/coindoor and speaker panel art.

Quoted from tgarrett09:

the portal and man it can be loud haha!

man no kidding, i didn't even try hooking mine up until i saw your post, and now i want to disconnect it again. i'm going to have to try the grease suggestion. and btw, if your power supply fan is loud, pinmonk sells an upgrade. i just installed it and it is literally like 95% quieter than the old one.

#20213 41 days ago
Quoted from pinballM:

[quoted image]

I never stated it had a spring. This is the exact ship they used… it was a repurposed desktop toy.

#20214 41 days ago

Already ran into my first issue. The scoop stopped kicking out the ball. Coil test didn’t do anything on it either. Guess I have to dig into it now

Edit: loose pin from transport. All good now!

#20215 37 days ago

Did some light work on the game over the weekend, put on a portal green pinsaver from the market place (it looks great) as well as new rubbers, coil sleeves, and the subwoofer spacer. Still a few vibrations to track down but sounds as good as it plays.

QQ - Does anyone have info on the from factor amp settings or the default speaker size/spec in the head box? Was thinking the head speakers could benefit from a coaxial to further split out the highs with how much bass the game has but difficulty finding good info.

#20216 36 days ago

Selling my portal launcher - $140 shipped. The original 3D printed nipple broke that pushes the button. I replaced with a metal rod. Has been on machine for awhile like that without issues.

Only selling because I made my own version of the launcher

IMG_3960 (resized).jpegIMG_3960 (resized).jpegIMG_3961 (resized).jpegIMG_3961 (resized).jpegIMG_3962 (resized).jpegIMG_3962 (resized).jpegIMG_3963 (resized).jpegIMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
#20217 36 days ago

Made my own launcher, no nipple to push a switch. It connects to the ground and switch input by either alligator clip or soldering (mine is soldered). Mounts same as the other portal launcher. LCD screen shows C137 but can cycle between A000-Z999, double push button to return to C137.

My older video shows that, button push launchers ball. I am going to try to add an led that connects to the launcher bulb but haven’t done this yet.

#20218 33 days ago

Does anyone know if spooky sells replacement stickers? I have a few like the c-137 sticker on the portal gun and the shooter lane apron sticker that have curled up.

#20219 33 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Does anyone know if spooky sells replacement stickers? I have a few like the c-137 sticker on the portal gun and the shooter lane apron sticker that have curled up.

I'm pretty sure they can accommodate you, they are really great about that!

#20220 30 days ago

How do I fix this issue?!?

I have only a few lights that are not the right color. It consistently is on the
1. arrow insert in front of Meeseeks target
2. GI light under Kirkland meeseeks plastic
3. “Light adventure” insert in front of right ramp
4. Charge portal/portal ready insert
5. Under jiggle ship
The color is orange when it should be white and light purple when it should be pink. They are always working but the wrong color.

Any ideas?

IMG_6381 (resized).jpegIMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
#20221 30 days ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

How do I fix this issue?!?
I have only a few lights that are not the right color. It consistently is on the
1. arrow insert in front of Meeseeks target
2. GI light under Kirkland meeseeks plastic
3. “Light adventure” insert in front of right ramp
4. Charge portal/portal ready insert
5. Under jiggle ship
The color is orange when it should be white and light purple when it should be pink. They are always working but the wrong color.
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

This has happened on my game off and on over the years. On my copy, it's from an inconsistent power connection to a lighting node board (difficult to describe the location but there's only a couple lighting boards on that side of the game, if it's like mine you'll figure out which one it is quickly by wiggling the power wires).

I hot glued the connector a couple different times, eventually replaced that segment of wire and put a new connector on, hot glued the new connector in place, and the problem still pops up occasionally. Leads me to believe it's actually an issue at the board-connection level, not the pinned connection. This generation of Spooky connectors is hot garbage though so it can be tough to narrow things thing.

#20222 30 days ago

Question: Has everyone's topper motor quieted down sufficiently with time? Or would there be interest in a hardware solution?

I have figured out a way to make that motor nice and quiet, with a few ideas on implementing the fix, but if no one would want it, I'll just take care of my own portal motor and leave it at that!

If I were to manufacture something, I am guessing the fix will only run $25 or $30...

#20223 30 days ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Question: Has everyone's topper motor quieted down sufficiently with time? Or would there be interest in a hardware solution?
I have figured out a way to make that motor nice and quiet, with a few ideas on implementing the fix, but if no one would want it, I'll just take care of my own portal motor and leave it at that!
If I were to manufacture something, I am guessing the fix will only run $25 or $30...

I would be interested at that price point.

#20224 30 days ago

I have figured out a way to make that motor nice and quiet [..] would there be interest in a hardware solution?

i was just going to try packing mine with grease, as was suggested earlier. but i don't know how effective that is. if your solution is considerably better, i'd probably consider it around the $25 price point.

#20225 30 days ago

I’d pay $25-30 for a quiet motor!

#20226 30 days ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

This has happened on my game off and on over the years. On my copy, it's from an inconsistent power connection to a lighting node board (difficult to describe the location but there's only a couple lighting boards on that side of the game, if it's like mine you'll figure out which one it is quickly by wiggling the power wires).
I hot glued the connector a couple different times, eventually replaced that segment of wire and put a new connector on, hot glued the new connector in place, and the problem still pops up occasionally. Leads me to believe it's actually an issue at the board-connection level, not the pinned connection. This generation of Spooky connectors is hot garbage though so it can be tough to narrow things thing.

Wow. Thanks for the insight. I will flip the lid and see if it is a simple wiggle and reset/glue.

I did have a complete blackout of other lights that the connection had fallen apart because of the shaker. That was easy to find because it was clear which ones were out.

I hope it’s an obvious and easy fix diagnosis.

#20227 30 days ago

Yes, please. How do I buy?

#20228 30 days ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

Wow. Thanks for the insight. I will flip the lid and see if it is a simple wiggle and reset/glue.
I did have a complete blackout of other lights that the connection had fallen apart because of the shaker. That was easy to find because it was clear which ones were out.
I hope it’s an obvious and easy fix diagnosis.

Unscrew the light and tighten the rubber ring so it's flush agains the head of the screw, when the rubber starts to push against the light, this happens.

#20229 30 days ago

Does anyone think there might be one more surprise code update?

Or are we totally done now?

#20230 30 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Does anyone think there might be one more surprise code update?
Or are we totally done now?

Likely done at this point as there are no game breaking issues. Not sure how much licensing or artifacts are left, Spooky and team have already made their money on the game, now it's time to invest in LT and TCM + what ever is next to keep the income coming in.

100% in for a 25 dollar fix for the motor on this thing, surprised there isn't at least a replacement 12V brushless motor.

#20231 30 days ago

I'd be in.

On a side note, I still would pay well for a V2 of this machine. Spooky promised multiple seasons and further development which never materialized. I imagine some of this may have been outside of their control, but I would love to see the option for something akin to TNA 2.0. What would be important for me would be the addition of new modes, multiple new seasons, and the involvement of the og coding and design team. Where TNA 2.0 lacked the involvement of the OG team, and the price bump was out of line with the benefits, there is still a strong interest, for me, in expanding on what is arguably their best game, if done right, well, and within a context. I could see this manifesting as a new run, or perhaps a 'add on' massive code update.

#20232 29 days ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

I'd be in.
On a side note, I still would pay well for a V2 of this machine. Spooky promised multiple seasons and further development which never materialized. I imagine some of this may have been outside of their control, but I would love to see the option for something akin to TNA 2.0. What would be important for me would be the addition of new modes, multiple new seasons, and the involvement of the og coding and design team. Where TNA 2.0 lacked the involvement of the OG team, and the price bump was out of line with the benefits, there is still a strong interest, for me, in expanding on what is arguably their best game, if done right, well, and within a context. I could see this manifesting as a new run, or perhaps a 'add on' massive code update.

I'm about to say something controversial:

Probably not going to happen, and even if it did, may not involve Scott and Eric who were the magic behind this game. I would not expect a new version to shine nearly as bright unless those two were involved. (At least Eric regarding code - but I assume he wouldn't turn down money if on the table).

#20233 29 days ago

Thanks for the responses! Looks like I will continue to develop a marketable solution!

Quoted from Hulkbuster:

Yes, please. How do I buy?

Please be patient! But I hope to pull this project off the back burner soon!

#20234 29 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Likely done at this point as there are no game breaking issues. Not sure how much licensing or artifacts are left, Spooky and team have already made their money on the game, now it's time to invest in LT and TCM + what ever is next to keep the income coming in.

Controversial question I've wondered a few times, but held back at asking. I'm going to ask it now...

Did Spooky make the most of the license while they had access to it though? I recall Spooky going through organizational changes, which included laying off people who worked on Rick and Morty. Did they still have the license when they made these team change? And had they not gotten rid of employees, could the game have achieved more code and Adventures before losing access.

#20235 29 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Controversial question I've wondered a few times, but held back at asking. I'm going to ask it now...
Did Spooky make the most of the license while they had access to it though? I recall Spooky going through organizational changes, which included laying off people who worked on Rick and Morty. Did they still have the license when they made these team change? And had they not gotten rid of employees, could the game have achieved more code and Adventures before losing access.

That may have been but the short of the story we were told was that Adult Swim was sold to another company during the license and legal-eze basically it was what it was and future additions were not going to happen. Eric was who was working on code, and continued to for quite a while, even after he wasn't on the project (IIRC) and added some stuff and polish, but no 'new season' content was cleared.

#20236 29 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

No. The game was complete. It was halted for more “content”due to Adult swim. Eric worked on code for years to enhance it and still dabbles in the code.

Spooky has said for sure. 750 will be made, no more ever. Pretty much end of story for that

#20237 29 days ago

Jerrys still gonna Jerry

#20238 28 days ago
Quoted from gutz:

Jerrys still gonna Jerry

Barry’s still gonna BBQ

#20239 28 days ago

No wizard mode is a big miss. There really should be a bigger game reward like Rick Citadel or the Evil Morty/ Rickest Rick - play with crazy light show and multiball play. Love potion is not special other than you need to qualify to play it. Really too bad.

#20240 28 days ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

No wizard mode is a big miss. There really should be a bigger game reward like Rick Citadel or the Evil Morty/ Rickest Rick - play with crazy light show and multiball play. Love potion is not special other than you need to qualify to play it. Really too bad.

As much as I'd love the additional promised stuff made it to the game, Rick Potion No.9 IS the Wizard mode, you can't get to it until you fill out the card.

#20241 28 days ago

and if you got to it too easy, set that card to 0 like us real men I'll probably die never seeing that mode

#20242 28 days ago
Quoted from AKnightStalker:

Need a little help. Just bought a RnM and went to clear the scores via the settings menu, but it constantly just crashes the game when pressing reset scores.
Should I just do a forced update of the game? It’s already on the latest code.

Yo! Since nobody with this game has ever wanted to reset scores evidently, I'm proud to be the hero today since I finally figured it out. You just need to let the game sit. It took at least 10 minutes on mine. Eventually it will say scores cleared.

>>> On an unrelated note, is Froopyland the only score exploit or is there others I should turn off for location play?

#20243 27 days ago

That would be great if another person change only the video to another season for example.

same as Jurassic park movie code.

Is this code locked?

#20244 27 days ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Yo! Since nobody with this game has ever wanted to reset scores evidently, I'm proud to be the hero today since I finally figured it out. You just need to let the game sit. It took at least 10 minutes on mine. Eventually it will say scores cleared.

Same experience. When I got my game a few weeks ago, I knew that it was said the score wouldn’t reset. I hit the button to reset them, went to bed and they were reset the next morning when I got up and the game was in attract mode.

#20245 25 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

No. The game was complete. It was halted for more “content”due to Adult swim.

So are you confirming that bkerins was unfortunately let go by Spooky AFTER they lost licensing access to the Rick and Morty assets? Are you sure about that?

While I'd agree that it's not unfinished, it's clear that the original intention of the game was never fully realized: No content and adventures from future seasons (I mean no Vat of Acid adventure? what a missed opportunity, the episode even won an Emmy), and I believe the plan was to have multiple larger/more complex wizard adventures akin to Rick Potion No. 9 that were only accessible when the stamp was completed.

#20246 25 days ago

Really wanted some space snakes; one is featured on the backglass! That being said, I am 100% content and over the moon with the game Spooky built me as well as what the code matured into.

#20247 25 days ago

After owning the game for a couple weeks now I’d say it’s “complete” but does feel lacking in areas compared to other games. The dimensions add a fun randomness to things but other than that it’s a very linear game without many things going on on the side. Rick potion no. 9 feels anticlimactic as a final wizard mode and there should probably be something larger after you beat that instead of just restarting the card over again.

It’s unlikely spooky would invest the time to add any of this unless they ever got the license to do a rerun but it’s still a really fun game in its current state and shines because of the theme integration so I’m generally happy with it.

#20248 24 days ago

The code is brilliant on this - I just love the dimensions aspect, it changes the game so subtly and there's so many of them. However, of course there are things that could slightly improve it. Maybe it did need a little more fine tuning in the progression structure side of things? There's no mini wizards for example, and that would have been great to have. In fact, maybe it would have been nice to have Pickle Rick light up once you had done half the adventure card + Gromflomite MB + Meseeks MB? I hardly ever see pickle Rick mode as its so random. A bigger Wizard mode after Rick potion no. 9 would definitely be a "nice to have" as well.

Just an absolutely cracking game though - those things I mentioned above don't really hurt it, and it does feel like a complete game. Just may have added that little icing on the cake.

#20249 24 days ago

My main beef is the way Rick's comments on your adventure card progress are oblivious of how many you have it set to pre-light.

Easy to "fix", I know -- set it to zero -- but how hard would it have been to make the comments appropriate for whatever the setting was set to? To me, that sounds like a fun exercise in coding.

#20250 24 days ago

On another note I just picked up a TNA - another awesome game, and finding it a brilliant companion pin to R&M (I guess that's the Danesi factor).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 28.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coos Bay, OR
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,277 posts in this topic. You are on page 405 of 406.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/405 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.