(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 405.
#9851 3 years ago

Invoice on 470 paid today!

#9852 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

If your flipper is sticking up on R&M it's usually the EOS needs adjusting, adjust it so its made very slightly earlier than it is now. Too early and you'll suffer a lot of flipper knockdowns, too late and you'll get sticking flippers. This is of course assuming you don't have any mechanical binding going on.

I've messed with my eos a few times and no luck. checked my stop and coil sleeves.
Ill keep tweaking my eos i guess. Thanks

#9853 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Fingers crossed we are able to stay open, we are very on track to get this build done by June 1st! Was tough with over 3 months of Covid shutdown but we added a ton of crew to try to get this done on time for you guys.

Also 25 direct print cabinets came in today which will cover anyone who was waiting. I apologize for this I order the maximum amount our supplier will let us literally months in advance. Should be getting better quantities here very soon.

#9854 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Butter? / No Butter?

#9856 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Do you just apply one strip to the top of the glass or is there some other way to install it?

It is applied to the top and bottom, wrapping over the upper edge. This way, sliding the glass into the track does not catch the edge of the tape and pull it up.

#9857 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

I've messed with my eos a few times and no luck. checked my stop and coil sleeves.
Ill keep tweaking my eos i guess. Thanks

Take a look at the flipper button assembly.
The outer piece of the button (threaded part) had a very small amount of flashing from the plastic mold. This caused the button to occasionally keep the flipper switch actuated.
I trimmed it off with Xacto knife and my flipper has never been stuck up since.

20210113_163537 (resized).jpg20210113_163537 (resized).jpg
#9858 3 years ago

Just paid invoice #484. How long to build and receive game after getting invoiced?

#9859 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Just paid invoice #484. How long to build and receive game after getting invoiced?

I think about two hours.

#9860 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Woot!! Only 60 away from mine! It will be here sooner than I know it!

#9861 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think about two hours.

Mercury time

#9862 3 years ago

Is it normal that after an update my high scores get deleted the next day? its happened twice and doesnt make sense because ive played multiple games, added new scores, and multiple power cycles before all of a sudden my scores and audits are gone.
I have backed up my data after my latest code update so Im assuming there is a way to restore them if they let you back up your data.
Any help will be appreciated

#9863 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Take a look at the flipper button assembly.
The outer piece of the button (threaded part) had a very small amount of flashing from the plastic mold. This caused the button to occasionally keep the flipper switch actuated.
I trimmed it off with Xacto knife and my flipper has never been stuck up since.[quoted image]

So i did have some excess from the mold that was making button presses feel a little strange, i also cleaned it up with an xacto knife, but that one the day I received mine. I bet its my eos, ive tweaked them and so far so good

#9864 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Fingers crossed we are able to stay open, we are very on track to get this build done by June 1st! Was tough with over 3 months of Covid shutdown but we added a ton of crew to try to get this done on time for you guys.
Also 25 direct print cabinets came in today which will cover anyone who was waiting. I apologize for this I order the maximum amount our supplier will let us literally months in advance. Should be getting better quantities here very soon.

I've been super impressed by your transparency and updates. A company that listens to feedback and helps, instead of passing the buck. Even the biggest companies have issues - this is pinball, that is expected. What matters to me, is how the company responds.

Can't wait for my game - dream theme, unique layout, and good people making it (hopefully you aren't Packer's fans tho)!

#9865 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

Is it normal that after an update my high scores get deleted the next day? its happened twice and doesnt make sense because ive played multiple games, added new scores, and multiple power cycles before all of a sudden my scores and audits are gone.
I have backed up my data after my latest code update so Im assuming there is a way to restore them if they let you back up your data.
Any help will be appreciated

No - that is not normal. I have done 2 updates in the last month and never lost my settings or scores. You may want to mention this to spooky to see what they say.

#9866 3 years ago

#424 setup. It took three days for it to go from Spooky to setup in my house in Northern Virginia.

75EFA8D1-C6F4-4704-B65C-691B7C465451 (resized).jpeg75EFA8D1-C6F4-4704-B65C-691B7C465451 (resized).jpeg
#9867 3 years ago

#435 will be loaded on the truck later today and on its way to SoCal! Woot woot

#9868 3 years ago

#425 shipping out today!

#9869 3 years ago

Just confirmed options for #498. I’m still thinking at least a couple months till it’s ready - or am I off on that? ( I opted for butter)

#9870 3 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

Just confirmed options for #498. I’m still thinking at least a couple months till it’s ready - or am I off on that? ( I opted for butter)

I confirmed #493 this week as well. Things are moving along.

#9871 3 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

11/30 we confirmed options
1/5 paid balance
1/14 game shipping

Factor in holiday down time for our timeline, I'd think you won't be waiting that long.

#9872 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

No - that is not normal. I have done 2 updates in the last month and never lost my settings or scores. You may want to mention this to spooky to see what they say.

I emailed them, wanted me to test my cmos battery, voltage was 3.3 as expected.

Were stumped

#9873 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

I emailed them, wanted me to test my cmos battery, voltage was 3.3 as expected.
Were stumped

Yea...I would have expected the scores to be stored on the SSD - cmos battery would impact the system keeping the correct date and time mainly, but I'm completely ignorant to how anything is implemented in that system.

#9874 3 years ago

I've resisted fiddling with the ball guides until I had enough plays to start seeing what didn't feel quite right. Top on the list was frequent right outlane drains after nailing the right orbit with the diverter enabled. Very annoying...ball is suppose to be delivered to the upper flipper as much as possible (though it depends on the velocity of the ball). Not suppose to drain immediately after nailing the right orbit.

My bend was similar to the one documented by Yeolbird (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46#post-5613058), but not quite as dramatic (e.g. I didn't remove the black sleeve standoff). I've been shooting with this change for a few days and I'm really happy with it. Just had a game where I nailed the right orbit and immediately nailed the garage from the upper flipper...great feeling combo. Wasn't possible with the previous ball guide bend. And no more right outlane drains after nailing the right orbit

Here is a before/after photo. Thanks to Pinball-Obsessed for planting the megaseed

Image 1-12-21 at 9.57 AM (resized).jpegImage 1-12-21 at 9.57 AM (resized).jpeg
#9875 3 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

Butters seem to be quite far behind. I'm #437, got my options returned 12/6 and still haven't gotten an invoice yet. So, prepare for a while longer.

#9876 3 years ago

Luke just announced a big butter cab part shipment in. May have sped things along for you buttery guys/gals

#9877 3 years ago

Invoice paid on #488 - no butter.

#9878 3 years ago

Ok so I need help. My right lower flipper is sticking up. I get under and manually move it and it sticks so not EOS. I contacted the support line and they instructed me to loosen the Allen bolts move the linkage in and out and once it manipulates freely tighten the nuts back up. But that didn’t work and I’ve emailed again and not heard back. What else could it be? Where is it binding? This is getting extremely frustrating.

#9879 3 years ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

Ok so I need help. My right lower flipper is sticking up. I get under and manually move it and it sticks so not EOS. I contacted the support line and they instructed me to loosen the Allen bolts move the linkage in and out and once it manipulates freely tighten the nuts back up. But that didn’t work and I’ve emailed again and not heard back. What else could it be? Where is it binding? This is getting extremely frustrating.

Coil stop ok? If no, that will cause the linkage to be stuck when extended. The most common cause of bad coil stop is the raised part in the middle comes loose, but it's most common on Stern because they are the connoisseurs of cheap, quality be damned.

Also, is there play with the shaft if you pull UP on the flipper bat and release? There should be about a credit card's thickness of play. If none, it binds on the nylon bushing top.

#9880 3 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

Dam! I’m 508 and now quite excited. Will check my email every hour

#9881 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Dam! I’m 508 and now quite excited. Will check my email every hour

Yeah, I'm #504. Looks like it's gonna be soon!!!

#9882 3 years ago

God, you guys are making is harder and harder to get me to unbox my game....
Still sitting in the box (pissed that I cant route it do to covid...)...

#9883 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

God, you guys are making is harder and harder to get me to unbox my game....
Still sitting in the box (pissed that I cant route it do to covid...)...

You really should unbox and setup the game. It's going to need tweaks before being location-ready. If you don't lower the flippers (file the bushings or shim the plates), it plays kinda meh, hard to slapsave and the rubber wears fast. Might need switch and other adjustments. Lower the scoop, etc. Consider all the time playing and tweaking (and playing and testing and more playing) as a necessary business expense. Write it off on taxes. Convinced yet?

#9884 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You really should unbox and setup the game. It's going to need tweaks before being location-ready. If you don't lower the flippers (file the bushings or shim the plates), it plays kinda meh, hard to slapsave and the rubber wears fast. Might need switch and other adjustments. Lower the scoop, etc. Consider all the time playing and tweaking (and playing and testing and more playing) as a necessary business expense. Write it off on taxes. Convinced yet?

This is good advice.

My game required nearly every tweak - granted, I’m pretty anal about how my games shoot and flow.

#9885 3 years ago

So I was playing my RM tonight and noticed that something was missing from the playfield that I had noticed way back in the beginning of the release. I knew it was something that I liked it but it was very very subtle.

I couldn’t quite put a finger on but something was not there...

So I figured it out after looking at some of my old pics of the Rick and Morty pin.

1st pic my playfield

1D8AE2E1-4516-4FA8-AB1B-421282530493 (resized).jpeg1D8AE2E1-4516-4FA8-AB1B-421282530493 (resized).jpeg

2nd pic is what’s missing... the light blue plastic under the “Slam Ring”

B0CE6C98-95DB-4AB2-932F-4D42A9E0D97D (resized).jpegB0CE6C98-95DB-4AB2-932F-4D42A9E0D97D (resized).jpeg

3rd pic from original Spooky video by Charlie
9F136A11-364C-43CA-ACAD-2CD25B3B34F6 (resized).png9F136A11-364C-43CA-ACAD-2CD25B3B34F6 (resized).png

The 2nd pic is from pinball life and it’s the prototype so it might actually be the same machine as the one in Charlie’s video.

Anyway, like I said it’s a small subtle thing but I actually really like the way that blue looked in the game. I wonder if all the RM’s went out with all white under the Slam ring (pop bumper) or if any are actually blue? I might have to change mine because it definitely looks nicer with the blue under the pop.

What do you guys think????

#9886 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

So I was playing my RM tonight and noticed that something was missing from the playfield that I had noticed way back in the beginning of the release. I knew it was something that I liked it but it was very very subtle.
I couldn’t quite put a finger on but something was not there...
So I figured it out after looking at some of my old pics of the Rick and Morty pin.
1st pic my playfield
[quoted image]
2nd pic is what’s missing... the light blue plastic under the “Slam Ring”
[quoted image]
3rd pic from original Spooky video by Charlie
[quoted image]
The 2nd pic is from pinball life and it’s the prototype so it might actually be the same machine as the one in Charlie’s video.
Anyway, like I said it’s a small subtle thing but I actually really like the way that blue looked in the game. I wonder if all the RM’s went out with all white under the Slam ring (pop bumper) or if any are actually blue? I might have to change mine because it definitely looks nicer with the blue under the pop.
What do you guys think????

Wow! Good eye, yes I agree it really does make a difference. Are these bumper plastics standard? I'd be interested in buying one and switching out too.
Edit: It looks like it's called a pop bumper skirt. I wonder if this is the part: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-6035-1

It looks like you can get other colors, like teal and purple too!

#9887 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wow! Good eye, yes I agree it really does make a difference. Are these bumper plastics standard? I'd be interested in buying one and switching out too.

I think they’re standard but this my first spooky so not 100% sure.

#9888 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Edit: It looks like it's called a pop bumper skirt. I wonder if this is the part: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-6035-1
It looks like you can get other colors, like teal and purple too!

I think it’s probably from Pinball Life since Scott works there and I think most the parts come from there..

Here’s the link for PBL and they have that color.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pop-bumper-skirt-yellow-black-blue-orange-purple-teal.html

#9889 3 years ago

Yes you can replace the skirt with any color you like, assuming it's the same style skirt. Note that they're a bit of a PITA to replace...

#9890 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes you can replace the skirt with any color you like, assuming it's the same style skirt. Note that they're a bit of a PITA to replace...

Right on the PITA part due to the pop bumper light leads. I do like the blue myself, but I've changed so many chipped pop bumper skirts over the years on all my old machines that I've got my fill of that activity for a while. At least there's only one pop bumper here.

#9891 3 years ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

I wonder if this is mechanical or electrical. I've had this problem too during gameplay and as soon as I hit the flipper button it releases again, but I'm never able to shut the game down to see if it stays up or not when I turn it off.

If you figure something out, let me know. I don't have mine at my house so I can't play with it right now...

#9892 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I wonder if this is mechanical or electrical. I've had this problem too during gameplay and as soon as I hit the flipper button it releases again, but I'm never able to shut the game down to see if it stays up or not when I turn it off.
If you figure something out, let me know. I don't have mine at my house so I can't play with it right now...

It's a software thing. The way I was dealing with the limitations I have to work with in software wasn't good enough. Gerry from Multimorphic pointed me in the right direction and the next public update will fix this.

Important note: When it's "stuck" it's in a hold state - not full power state; so it's not dangerous to the hardware -- just annoying. And you can ususally just tap the flipper button to get it to drop.

#9894 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's a software thing. The way I was dealing with the limitations I have to work with in software wasn't good enough. Gerry from Multimorphic pointed me in the right direction and the next public update will fix this.

More updates in the pipeline... Woot!

#9895 3 years ago

epthegeek Is there a planned cut off date for feature adds? Or is this something that if you chose to (or they chose to pay you to continue occasionally) you could add past the end of the run - I assume to the end of the license?

#9896 3 years ago

dammm, it's so close I can taste it now. based on the numbers guessing I'll be picking it up late next month. I just hope it doesn't snow.

#9897 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Do you just apply one strip to the top of the glass or is there some other way to install it?

Instructions are included, but it actually goes all the way around the glass on both sides, instead of cheap little tabs. You get a lot of material

#9898 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'll be picking it up late next month. I just hope it doesn't snow.

When I ordered my R&M (#504), I envisioned making a road trip to pick it up. However, now with whatever will be going on at the time with Covid (restaurant closings etc.) and the Winter, it doesn't seem like quite as much fun as I originally thought it would be, so I guess I'm just going to get it shipped and pray to the pinball gods that it arrives safely.

#9899 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

epthegeek Is there a planned cut off date for feature adds? Or is this something that if you chose to (or they chose to pay you to continue occasionally) you could add past the end of the run - I assume to the end of the license?

Rather than just ghost this; I can't answer you. Sorry.

#9900 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Rather than just ghost this; I can't answer you. Sorry.

Fair enough Was just curious, but understand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/198 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.