(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 404.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

To elaborate a little on the copious amount of streaming.

As much as I appreciate and enjoyed the streams so far, I would really like one that shows a machine that has been dialed in. Both of the others haven't really given a good idea what the machine was intended to play like.
Also, now that they are out in the wild a third stream hardly seems copious. I'll watch anyone's stream of this game.

#952 4 years ago

Anyone know if one of these machines will be hitting the Detroit metro any time soon?

#953 4 years ago

My Mini R&M review:
Disclaimer, I’m not good at writing reviews.

I received my game yesterday. I wanted to say that I am a little embarrassed to admit that i post here quite a bit and think about pinball all the time, but have played less than 50 games of pinball in the last 2 years because of my health issues. Having had a brain tumor near my motor cortex in 2018 and surgery to remove it and now dealing with the tumor that has re grown, radiation treatment, seizures ect it has taken a lot of joy out of playing pinball for me. All that said I played more pinball yesterday after I got R&M set up than i have played in the entire year before I got it.

I spent all day setting my game up yesterday as my mental focus is not what it used to be, so I wanted to be extra careful. First off I will say that the game is Stunningly beautiful in person, I was blown away when I opened the box and saw it.

The shots:
I was worried as heard people talking about the difficulty of some of the shots On this game. This is potentially a big problem for me as not being able to hit shots consistently is one of my biggest frustrations when I play pinball.
I start my first game and immediately loop the ball twice as it comes around the upper flipper (I was like wow did I just do that) then I proceeded to hit the left and right ramps easily, the only shot that I found difficult was the garage shot from the upper flipper, I was able to make it, but it is a tough shot! My understanding is that it was designed that way. There is something about the layout/geometry of the shots on this game that feels very well laid out to me. The shots are challenging but make able and there are tons of different shots to make. A+ on the playfield layout, again you can tell when you play this game how much thought went into the shot layout.

The light show:
What can I say, it is mind blowing! No exaggeration it is the best light show hands down I have ever seen on a game! (I have owned DI & WOZ ect) I was totally blown away by it, so much so that I sat and watched the game in attract mode for a half hour last night.

The artwork:
I love it, so much detail! The cabinet back box and back glass are beautiful and perfectly fit the theme and art for R&M. The playfield art is so cool I kept finding new Details on it. The purple armor
And coin door look amazing, there is a sparkle in the purple, pictures can not do it Justice!

Toys:
The game may look a little sparse compared to a game like dialed in when it comes to toys, but let me tell you, when you are Playing it you don’t think that all all! The game has so many shots and cool features.. like the slam ring (way cooler than I thought it would be!), Danesi lock, immortality field, portal shot to the garage with subway that kicks out to left out lane, Ricks ship etc.

Sound:
This brings the whole game together the sound is amazing it’s like TNA on steroids! The sound and callouts are absolutely incredible. I want to say that the Factory sound system on this game is the best I’ve heard on any game ever, but since I had a powered Polk subwoofer just sitting there I went ahead and hooked it up and it is intense!

The code:
I love the fact that I am playing as Morty! I have to say that for being early code it is already very good with lots to see and do! I can’t imagine how great it will be by the end of the year! Video clips are awesome, custom call outs are great, modes are fun and objectives are well thought out! (profanity set at 95%) I love the direction this code is going in!

Build quality:
This game is solid! I am extremely impressed with the overall quality and feel of this game! When you play it the game has a really solid feel to it and the fit and finish is very good.

Issues with my game.. there were not many:
The left flipper gap was A bit too much so I used my gap gauge and adjusted it. The shooter lane sometimes hits the end of the shooter ramp and bounces back to the auto plunge, this can be an issue if you are in multi ball and the first ball fails to launch and a 2nd ball ejects into the shooter lane as the plunger doesnt have the power to launch both balls at once, I will try Hilton’s fix on this today. One of the legs was making slight contact with the cabinet which could of damaged the decal, the game comes with the good metal cabinet protectors but the way the leg was formed created a slight clearance problem on only one of the legs (I have had this issue on Stern and JJP games as well) I swapped the leg to the back of the game and all was good. On a side note When I set up a game I bolt the legs on and then slide a piece of paper between the cabinet and the leg to make sure there is no contact.

So really very few issues so far.

Updating Code was a breeze!

This game/theme bridges generations! My daughter is 18 and her and her friends know I just got this game, most of them don’t play pinball, but because it’s Rick and Morty they want to know when they can come over and play it. (I guess pinball nerd Dad is cool after all)

This game will never leave my house until the day I die and then my daughter will enjoy it for many years.

Great job team Spooky you guys knocked it out of the park with this game!!!
20C377F3-DDBF-41FC-9A2D-1D19435C3C8B (resized).jpeg20C377F3-DDBF-41FC-9A2D-1D19435C3C8B (resized).jpeg36129221-7E02-45C4-8C0F-4950BB7782BB (resized).jpeg36129221-7E02-45C4-8C0F-4950BB7782BB (resized).jpeg9B07FE48-9307-4F4D-8935-E43771460E35 (resized).jpeg9B07FE48-9307-4F4D-8935-E43771460E35 (resized).jpeg
0CDCE270-1476-4343-BAC8-CAA23BFE7A02 (resized).jpeg0CDCE270-1476-4343-BAC8-CAA23BFE7A02 (resized).jpeg

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this is a launch party. All are welcome.
BTW, I am a top shelf player and tossed up 9+million on stream
If you are equally as awesome, then come on by. We may even be streaming the event, so you could be the pickle rick to show the rest of the world.

I drink top shelf alcohol, does that count?

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

My Mini R&M review:
I received my game yesterday. I wanted to say that I am a little embarrassed to admit that i post here quite a bit and think about pinball all the time, but have played less than 50 games of pinball in the last 2 years because of my health issues. Having had a brain tumor near my motor cortex in 2018 and surgery to remove it and now dealing with the tumor that has re grown, radiation treatment, seizures ect it has taken a lot of joy out of playing pinball for me. All that said I played more pinball yesterday after I got R&M set up than i have played in the entire year before I got it.
I spent all day setting my game up yesterday as my mental focus is not what it used to be, so I wanted to be extra careful. First off I will say that the game is Stunningly beautiful in person, I was blown away when I opened the box and saw it.
The shots:
I was worried as heard people talking about the difficulty of some of the shots On this game. This is potentially a big problem for me as not being able to hit shots consistently is one of my biggest frustrations when I play pinball.
I start my first game and immediately loop the ball twice as it comes around the upper flipper (I was like wow did I just do that) then I proceeded to hit the left and right ramps easily, the only shot that I fount difficult was the garage shot from the upper flipper, I was able to make it, but it is a tough shot! My understanding is that it was designed that way. There is something about the layout/geometry of the shots on this game that feels very well laid out to me. The shots are challenging but make able and there are tons of different shots to make. A+ on the playfield layout, again you can tell when you play this game how much thought went into the shot layout.
The light show:
What can I say, it is mind blowing! No exaggeration it is the best light show hands down I have ever seen on a game! (I have owned DI & WOZ ect) I was totally blow away by it, so much so that I sat and watched the game in attract mode for a half hour last night.
The artwork:
I love it, so much detail! The cabinet back box and back glass are beautiful and perfectly fit the theme and art for R&M. The playfield art is so cool I kept finding new Details on it. The purple armor
And coin door look amazing, there is a sparkle in the purple, pictures can not do it Justice!
Toys:
The game may look a little sparse compared to a game like dialed in when it comes to toys, but let me tell you, when you are Playing it you don’t think that all all! The game has so many shots and cool features.. like the slam ring (way cooler than I thought it would be!), Danesi lock, immortality field, portal shot to the garage with subway that kicks out to left out lane, Ricks ship etc.
Sound:
This brings the whole game together the sound is amazing it’s like TNA on steroids! The sound and callouts are absolutely incredible. I want to say that the Factory sound system on this game is the best I’ve heard on any game ever, but since I had a powered Polk subwoofer just sitting there I went ahead and hooked it up and it is intense!
The code:
I love the fact that I am playing as Morty! I have to say that for being early code it is already very good with lots to see and do! I can’t imagine how great it will be by the end of the year! Video clips are awesome, custom call outs are great, modes are fun and objectives are well thought out! (profanity set at 95%) I love the direction this code is going in!
The left flipper gap was A bit too much so I used my gap gauge and adjusted it. The shooter lane sometimes hits the end of the shooter ramp and bounces back to the auto plunge, this can be an issue if you are in multi ball and the first ball fails to launch and a 2nd ball ejects into the shooter lane as the plunger doesnt have the power to launch both balls at once, I will try Hilton’s fix on this today. One of the legs was making slight contact with the cabinet which could of damaged the decal, the game comes with the good metal cabinet protectors but the way the leg was formed created a slight clearance problem on only one of the legs (I have had this issue on Stern and JJP games as well) I swapped the leg to the back of the game and all was good. On a side note When I set up a game I bolt the legs on and then slide a piece of paper between the cabinet and the leg to make sure there is no contact.
This game/theme bridges generations! My daughter is 18 and her and her friends know I just got this game, most of them don’t play pinball, but because it’s Rick and Morty they want to know when they can come over and play it. (I guess pinball nerd Dad is cool after all)

This game will never leave my house until the day I die and then my daughter will enjoy it for many years.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats man! All the best with your health

#956 4 years ago

My Mini R&M review:
The shots:
I start my first game and immediately loop the ball twice as it comes around the upper flipper (I was like wow did I just do that) then I proceeded to hit the left and right ramps easily, the only shot that I fount difficult was the garage shot from the upper flipper, I was able to make it, but it is a tough shot! My understanding is that it was designed that way. There is something about the layout/geometry of the shots on this game that feels very well laid out to me. The shots are challenging but make able and there are tons of different shots to make. A+ on the playfield layout, again you can tell when you play this game how much thought went into the shot layout.
The light show:
What can I say, it is mind blowing! No exaggeration it is the best light show hands down I have ever seen on a game! (I have owned DI & WOZ ect) I was totally blow away by it, so much so that I sat and watched the game in attract mode for a half hour last night.
The artwork:
Toys:
Sound:
The code:

Thanks for sharing. With all you and your family have been through I am happy to see you enjoying pinball again! Nerd dad is good Dad in general is Great. Congrats man!!!

#957 4 years ago

My Mini R&M review:
The shots:
The light show:
The artwork:
Toys:
Sound:
The code:

Thank you for your write up. It's really great to see games getting delivered to homes now. Means mine is one more game to being ready!!

Best wishes to your health. You got this!

#958 4 years ago

My Mini R&M review:
The shots:
The light show:
The artwork:
Toys:
Sound:
The code:

Congrats and best wishes with your recovery!

#959 4 years ago

My Mini R&M review:
The shots:
I start my first game and immediately loop the ball twice as it comes around the upper flipper (I was like wow did I just do that) then I proceeded to hit the left and right ramps easily, the only shot that I found difficult was the garage shot from the upper flipper, I was able to make it, but it is a tough shot! My understanding is that it was designed that way. There is something about the layout/geometry of the shots on this game that feels very well laid out to me. The shots are challenging but make able and there are tons of different shots to make. A+ on the playfield layout, again you can tell when you play this game how much thought went into the shot layout.
The light show:
The artwork:
Toys:
Sound:
The code:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Congrats Concretehardt !! Looks like you got purple coin door. Happy with your choice?

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Congrats concretehardt !! Looks like you got purple coin door. Happy with your choice?

Looks great. Really ties the pin together.

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Congrats concretehardt !! Looks like you got purple coin door. Happy with your choice?

Very happy, it looks really good!

#962 4 years ago

I didn't realize the ball launch dropped the ball onto the playfield. Does it have mylar there?

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I didn't realize the ball launch dropped the ball onto the playfield. Does it have mylar there?

wont need it.

Seriously. I will try to grab some photos.

I have no idea what spooky did but this pf is not dimpling like others at all

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wont need it.
Seriously. I will try to grab some photos.
I have no idea what spooky did but this pf is not dimpling like others at all

Was more concerned about wear over time actually. Seems only natural to put some protection under drops...not that most home use machines will probably have an issue.

#965 4 years ago

My Mini R&M review:
I received my game yesterday.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Good luck with all the health stuff, and have fun with your new pin! Out of curiosity, what number were you?

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

what number were you?

regardless of number, this was an admirable gesture on charlies part to deliver Concretehardt an early game.

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

regardless of number, this was an admirable gesture on charlies part to deliver concretehardt an early game.

Oh, I wasn't aware he was specially shipped an early game. Makes me like Spooky even more.

#968 4 years ago

...The left flipper gap was A bit too much so I used my gap gauge and adjusted it...

Congrats on getting back into things! I hope your recovery continues. I remember seeing you much more active and I always enjoyed your perspective.

I have a question on the part I quoted above: what is "gap" in relation to a single flipper, and what is the gauge for this? I've never heard of either before. I thought gap was only relative to the space between two flippers. Do you mean the space between the lane guide and the flipper shaft?

Anyway sounds like you picked the perfect game to get the juices flowing again... I hope you get to enjoy it for a long long time and thanks for the review.

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

regardless of number, this was an admirable gesture on charlies part to deliver concretehardt an early game.

I won’t ever forget what Charlie + the Spooky team and Joe at Pinballstar did for me.. If any of you are reading this you are all amazing people with big hearts, people like you are why I love this community so much!

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Congrats on getting back into things! I hope your recovery continues. I remember seeing you much more active and I always enjoyed your perspective.
I have a question on the part I quoted above: what is "gap" in relation to a single flipper, and what is the gauge for this? I've never heard of either before. I thought gap was only relative to the space between two flippers. Do you mean the space between the lane guide and the flipper shaft?
Anyway sounds like you picked the perfect game to get the juices flowing again... I hope you get to enjoy it for a long long time and thanks for the review.

Thank you! and as for the flipper adjustment I can’t remember the right term for it, but it’s just the up and down play of the flipper in its bushing.

#971 4 years ago

Hah, OK I know what you're talking about but don't know what it's called either. Speaking of, I only just recently realized the little gauge / fork tool is supposed to be used to shim the gap between the pawl and bushing *beneath* the playfield... I always put it between the flipper and bushing up top but folks have always complimented my flipper rebuilds for their action, so I guess it ends up the same way when you pay attention to the plane alignment of the plunger in the coil manually. Then my dumbass realized "oh, THAT'S what the gauge is for"...

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Hah, OK I know what you're talking about but don't know what it's called either. Speaking of, I only just recently realized the little gauge / fork tool is supposed to be used to shim the gap between the pawl and bushing *beneath* the playfield... I always put it between the flipper and bushing up top but folks have always complimented my flipper rebuilds for their action, so I guess it ends up the same way when you pay attention to the plane alignment of the plunger in the coil manually. Then my dumbass realized "oh, THAT'S what the gauge is for"...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8194

#973 4 years ago

I won’t ever forget what Charlie + the Spooky team and Joe at Pinballstar did for me.. If any of you are reading this you are all amazing people with big hearts, people like you are why I love this community so much!

Just curious what number was yours? Wondering how far along they are!

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just curious what number was yours? Wondering how far along they are!

pretty sure he was #1 and for good reason.

They have built 40-50 at this stage is a good guess.
Possibly up to 60?

I know people in the 80s getting final build sheet requests so that means they are 1 month out or less

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure he was #1 and for good reason.
They have built 40-50 at this stage is a good guess.
Possibly up to 60?
I know people in the 80s getting final build sheet requests so that means they are 1 month out or less

#1 was Cartoon Network, pretty sure... And yes I’m #81 so I was just asking since I know it’s close.

#976 4 years ago

Two videos posted by Spooky today to dial in the shooter wireform and coil settings. Plate on that particular game also says #46, but who's counting?

#977 4 years ago

Good stuff.
I love these little tutorial videos.

#978 4 years ago

Great videos.

#979 4 years ago

To anyone who owns this game, is it possible to shoot the ball back up the left inlane into the portal. And if you do what happens.

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

To anyone who owns this game, is it possible to shoot the ball back up the left inlane into the portal. And if you do what happens.

It kicks back out

Not really possible but can happen I suppose. Guessing there is a jam opto that registers the stacked ball?

Would be funny to have a special call out when it does happen

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It kicks back out
Not really possible but can happen I suppose. Guessing there is a jam opto that registers the stacked ball?
Would be funny to have a special call out when it does happen

How does it kick just one out? Is the staged ball held back?

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

How does it kick just one out? Is the staged ball held back?

Honestly I have no looked. Guessing the power setting is just right

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

FWIW, I'm sitting at 88 right now and haven't gotten mine build sheet yet. So that's about where they are.

Spooky could set up a PPV webcam and I bet 50 of us would buy in.

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Spooky peep show. Pay per minute.

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Spooky peep show. Pay per minute.

Sounds hot

#986 4 years ago

I mean, I think it would be a nice membership perk

Quoted from CKrueger:

FWIW, I'm sitting at 88 right now and haven't gotten mine build sheet yet. So that's about where they are.

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I mean, I think it would be a nice membership perk

I would love to see real time builds but people would have to understand that it also depends on options for sure. Especially butter. I am #32. I gave final options about 3 weeks ago. Probably get an email for final payment this week or next.

Plus keep in mind what you've read. Spooky is trying their best to get the games out to their repeat arcades and even long time pinside folks with legitimate and heartfelt causes. So we need to keep in mind that this 20 employee company follows 1 rule and 1 rule only ( from what I see,) do right.

Excited to get mine whenever I can!

#988 4 years ago

Oh, I was joking. I would hate it if someone had a camera in my office!

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Two videos posted by Spooky today to dial in the shooter wireform and coil settings. Plate on that particular game also says #46, but who's counting?

man I love the fact they put these out. Well done Spooky.

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Good stuff.
I love these little tutorial videos.

These really ARE great aren't they? Wish everybody did them.

#991 4 years ago

It seems like on the ball launch wireform they should have 2 loops at the end to stop the ball and the lower guides that the ball rides on should have a u-shape wire that goes under them and attaches to the upper wire for the end loop so the height is fixed in place and cant move.

Would make it way more reliable and durable and wouldnt add much to manufacturing it.

#992 4 years ago

Just seems really flimsy the way it is.

Screenshot_20200226-065133_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200226-065133_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#993 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just seems really flimsy the way it is.[quoted image]

Or you could bend it up a quarter inch and have it never bother you again. You don't really think balls going over it will actually bend it back down do you?

When I played it the launch felt solid. No rattling around towards the end, etc. It's not as flimsy as you're thinking.

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Or you could bend it up a quarter inch and have it never bother you again. You don't really think balls going over it will actually bend it back down do you?
When I played it the launch felt solid. No rattling around towards the end, etc. It's not as flimsy as you're thinking.

Your right a steel ball rolling over a unsupported wire thousands of times wont cause it to bend down at all.

Sorry to have suggested a minor upgrade which shouldn't cost much at all during production but help longevity and reliability of the game.

I guess nobody should ever make suggestions to help make the game better.

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Your right a steel ball rolling over a unsupported wire thousands of times wont cause it to bend down at all.
Sorry to have suggested a minor upgrade which shouldn't cost much at all during production but help longevity and reliability of the game.
I guess nobody should ever make suggestions to help make the game better.

your suggestion is valid. It is sometimes hard to deliver criticism the right way. Trust me I screw it up constantly.

I agree, that if possible (they likely have all 750 game specific ball guides built and coated already? since games are sold out) beefing up this wireform is a reasonable suggestion.

That said, the longevity of the piece could also be better as-is. No additional welds that are getting hammered by a ball on every plunge.
I have not lived it long term, so could see both ways working.

In this case, the adjustment Luke shows is perfect and takes just a few seconds to perform. It is a non issue.

On a game with probably 1000+ plays I have had to adjust it once post release stream, and it has held fine since.

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

On a game with probably 1000+ plays I have had to adjust it once post release stream, and it has held fine since.

This is good to hear. Thanks.

#997 4 years ago

I love the name changes to the club!

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I love the name changes to the club!

Me too.
I almost didn’t recognize the thread this morning and was like “oh damn” and scrolled back up.

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Me too.
I almost didn’t recognize the thread this morning and was like “oh damn” and scrolled back up.

Remember to click like and subscr... wait, I mean the "Favorite" star!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.