(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 404.
#4201 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Obviously this needs some work, but it looks like the Mondo toys will do nicely as a replacement/upgrade for the Rick and Morty topper plastic. Need to find some other pieces to cover the metal bracket and get the bases attached better, but I like the general look so far.
[quoted image]

Curious to see what you come up with and where you source your solution. I am a year out on my game (#544) but have been collecting the mods I want and my Mondo figures are on backorder for this very purpose. Looks great so far!!

#4202 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Said goodbye to spot 312 today. Bittersweet, but some deals you just can’t turn down. Pray for me that I at least get to PLAY it someday.

Well it will have a great home. And if you are ever in Chicago, there is sweet number 312 waiting to be played. Thanks again for the deal. Looking forward to an awesome Christmas gift!

#4203 3 years ago

I have played this game so much since I got it in my basement on Friday that my forearms are sore. It is extremely addictive because it is so fun and challenging at the same time. The music, lights, and theme implementation make it so immersive. Scott’s music style works so well with the theme, it just makes it feel so cool. Those things plus the well thought out code, layout and challenging shots give it so much personality and make it an extremely unique game. The alternate dimensions add another layer that you just don’t get with any other game I can think of. The possibilities are endless and I can’t wait to see more code because this game is an absolute blast. Congratulations Spooky, I think you’ve made something very special.

#4204 3 years ago

I realised yesterday that the diverter beneath the house wasn't working on my machine, and never has. It wasn't disabled in the menu. I guess I'd never really thought about when it's supposed to operate, if I hit the right orbit when the portal wasn't lit I'd just get the ball back and I hadn't twigged that that's not what's supposed to happen. Anyway, the reason it wasn't working is the pawl clamp onto the diverter shaft ( it's basically a flipper mech ) had been over tightened and sheared. Luckily I had some flipper spares here to replace the sheared clamp bolt. The Mech itself seems overkill for the job, the coil plunger only gets to travel about 1/4 of it's available stroke, they could have used a much smaller coil. Actually it makes a nice change to have something overbuilt rather than under or only just powerful enough for the job.

#4205 3 years ago

Our #114 made it to its destination terminal on Thursday evening. The company in charge of getting it the final distance to our location was closed on Friday and all through the weekend. They were so backed up that it never got to us on Monday either. They were too short-staffed to allow me to pick it up.

Now it's Tuesday, the 5th day our pin has been in town about 1 mile from our location, and I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs. This is torture.

#4206 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Our #114 made it to its destination terminal on Thursday evening. The company in charge of getting it the final distance to our location was closed on Friday and all through the weekend. They were so backed up that it never got to us on Monday either. They were too short-staffed to allow me to pick it up.
Now it's Tuesday, the 5th day our pin has been in town about 1 mile from our location, and I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs. This is torture.

I would go grab it.

#4207 3 years ago

PSA: You can stop emailing me reports about the Mania reset - I have plenty. Thanks Other issue reports are welcome, of course.

I should have a new beta posted later today with a fix for that Mania issue and a couple other small things that were reported.

#4208 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I realised yesterday that the diverter beneath the house wasn't working on my machine, and never has. It wasn't disabled in the menu. I guess I'd never really thought about when it's supposed to operate, if I hit the right orbit when the portal wasn't lit I'd just get the ball back and I hadn't twigged that that's not what's supposed to happen. Anyway, the reason it wasn't working is the pawl clamp onto the diverter shaft ( it's basically a flipper mech ) had been over tightened and sheared. Luckily I had some flipper spares here to replace the sheared clamp bolt. The Mech itself seems overkill for the job, the coil plunger only gets to travel about 1/4 of it's available stroke, they could have used a much smaller coil. Actually it makes a nice change to have something overbuilt rather than under or only just powerful enough for the job.

So, I chose to use flipper parts on the diverter mech for just this problem. You broke a part on it? Great! You probably have spares in you pinball parts box! I try to future-proof my designs as much as possible to make them as easy to repair in the distant future as possible. Also, it saves money to use existing parts rather than design a new mechanism since you can get quantity discounts easier. You will notice the game also has 4 of the exact same flipper coils in it. Economies of scale!
--Scott

#4209 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would go grab it.

I can't. They are too short-staffed.

There are worse things in the world, right? I'm an upper-middle class white male complaining about not getting my expensive toy when I want it. I gotta keep things in perspective.

#4210 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I have played this game so much since I got it in my basement on Friday that my forearms are sore. It is extremely addictive because it is so fun and challenging at the same time. The music, lights, and theme implementation make it so immersive. Scott’s music style works so well with the theme, it just makes it feel so cool. Those things plus the well thought out code, layout and challenging shots give it so much personality and make it an extremely unique game. The alternate dimensions add another layer that you just don’t get with any other game I can think of. The possibilities are endless and I can’t wait to see more code because this game is an absolute blast. Congratulations Spooky, I think you’ve made something very special.

Lucky! I'm over a year wait on ours, but there is one about an hour and a half drive away that I've now dumped over $60 into over the past week since it showed up.

And I agree completely with your review, this game is fast and brutal...but oh so much fun and the shot satisfaction is great! The upper flipper shot to the portal seems rough, but I feel like the coil power just needs to be dialed up on this particular machine.

FYI, this is second hand knowledge to me, but the owner of said machine says make sure you get the coin box as none of the standard ones seem to fit, even the coin box from TNA appears to be different. Not sure if anyone else can confirm or deny this?

#4211 3 years ago

Leave it to the wife to get the ball stuck during a great game. Had to remove the glass for this one...couldn’t even tilt it off

63EBA414-1CF3-4F67-A7A4-75F7DEB83310 (resized).jpeg63EBA414-1CF3-4F67-A7A4-75F7DEB83310 (resized).jpeg
#4212 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Leave it to the wife to get the ball stuck during a great game. Had to remove the glass for this one...couldn’t even tilt it off
[quoted image]

Does the UFO have a solenoid?

#4213 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

[quoted image]

I've had that one too!

#4214 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

[quoted image]

That looks like an opportunity for someone to 3d print a clear mod with an angled backside with an LED tied into the GI for the shot. The ball will always be directed left or right but never stuck. Mounting - it slides over the protector behind the upkick and wedge between the protector and up kick.

#4215 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There goes any street cred you had in a Rick & Morty thread. That object is easily identifiable...

#4216 3 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

There goes any street cred you had in a Rick & Morty thread. That object is easily identifiable...

It's not even technically flying!

#4217 3 years ago
Quoted from jayfrost:

if you are ever in Chicago, there is sweet number 312 waiting to be played

Way to represent: that's the perfect numbered game to have in Chicago!

312Chicago (resized).jpg312Chicago (resized).jpg
#4218 3 years ago

After 900 plays, this is the first time. Ball search wasn’t dislodging it and shaking the plumbus wasn’t doing it either. Just one of those weird ball-stuck shots. She was pissed though as the ball was lost and she was doing pretty good.

#4219 3 years ago

312 would have been great match next to my WOZ that has that number.
Was the bus I took as a kid to get to school in Auckland NZ.

Bring on machine 194

#4220 3 years ago

#120 has finally come home!

Timeline of events that might help with the "how long until..." questions:
2019-12-16: Ordered (obviously)
2019-12-19: Build number revealed
2020-06-04: Add On List sent and ordered final configuration
2020-06-18: Invoiced and paid
2020-06-24: Date of Birth as marked on the box
2020-06-29: Ready to ship confirmation and tracking information given (using RL Carriers to AZ)
2020-07-07: Arrived with residential delivery

#4221 3 years ago

Anyone between 140 - 150 get their build sheet and email yet?

#4222 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Anyone between 140 - 150 get their build sheet and email yet?

#140. Got my build sheet on 6/25 and invoiced today.

#4223 3 years ago
Quoted from scorche:

2020-06-29: Ready to ship confirmation and tracking information given (using RL Carriers to AZ)

Awesome, one more in Arizona

#4224 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Awesome, one more in Arizona

#246 Also in Arizona, we are going to have a lot here it seems.

#4225 3 years ago
Quoted from scorche:

Not accounting for covid.

#4226 3 years ago

#123 delivered setup and played many games.

Did the code update. Assuming it’s coincidence but now I cannot start a game. The start button does not register in diagnostics. All other buttons on the 16 Switch board by the coindoor all work.

I tried replacing the actual switch. No fix.

Anyone??

#4227 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

#123 delivered setup and played many games.
Did the code update. Assuming it’s coincidence but now I cannot start a game. The start button does not register in diagnostics. All other buttons on the 16 Switch board by the coindoor all work.
I tried replacing the actual switch. No fix.
Anyone??

I'd re-download the update (preferably on a different usb3 thumb drive) and install again.

#4228 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd re-download the update (preferably on a different usb3 thumb drive) and install again.

I’ll try it but out of every single input on that board it’s the only one not working.

Although the service menu exit button seems to “stick” but the button is not physically stuck.

Perhaps it’s a bad board.

#4229 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I’ll try it but out of every single input on that board it’s the only one not working.
Although the service menu exit button seems to “stick” but the button is not physically stuck.
Perhaps it’s a bad board.

Updating again after re-downloading and using a different USB stick did not help.

#4230 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Updating again after re-downloading and using a different USB stick did not help.

Have you checked all the connectors, made sure the game is on free play, etc. I wouldn't stress about it. Spooky support is great if you need them!

#4231 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Have you checked all the connectors, made sure the game is on free play, etc. I wouldn't stress about it. Spooky support is great if you need them!

I was just about to say to go into the settings and make sure the game is on free play after the code update.

#4232 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It is Identified, that is Not a UFO.

That is Ricks flying car,or ship.

RaM thread cred dead lol

#4233 3 years ago

Even if it wasn’t on freeplay - the game reacts when you press the start button (credits or no credits). C’mon guys; give the man some credit.

#4234 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Even if it wasn’t on freeplay - the game reacts when you press the start button (credits or no credits). C’mon guys; give the man some credit.

Time to go turn my game off free play to see what I'm missing out on

#4235 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Time to go turn my game off free play to see what I'm missing out on

Game is on free play. Spooky is already trying to help. For the time being I plugged a usb Keyboard and and can start a game by pressing the 1 key. At least I am playing!

But I have checked continuity, voltages, connectors. I even tried changing the start button switch. Nada.

#4236 3 years ago

Upside is it gave me some time to play with the LCD settings. brightness at 25 and Gamma On seem to have really improved the picture quality and it no longer looks washed out.

#4237 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It is Identified, that is Not a UFO.
That is Ricks flying car,or ship.
RaM thread cred dead lol

Ha yes, yes of course. I mean his ship is still inspired by the UFO saucer look, albeit "Identified". Consider it a freudian typo.

#4238 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Game is on free play. Spooky is already trying to help. For the time being I plugged a usb Keyboard and and can start a game by pressing the 1 key. At least I am playing!
But I have checked continuity, voltages, connectors. I even tried changing the start button switch. Nada.

So I played for hours last night without an issue using the keyboard to start a game. So while I wait for spooky to figure out what is wrong I disassembled a cheap usb keyboard and wired a cherry switch to its matrix as the 1 button and stuck that in to the start button in the cabinet so I at least don’t have to look at a keyboard hanging out of the backbox.

#4239 3 years ago

Hey guys i just want to note 815-541-0054 is our shop number. Calling this is the absolute FASTEST and most efficient way to get help! We are here 7-5 Monday-Thursday. When you call during work hours you can just ask for Luke or AJ and we have access to every guy on the crew to help with questions or problem diagnosis. Outside hours you can also email [email protected] but remember he is trying to help you remotely and does not see problems on the line every single day!

#4240 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys i just want to note 815-541-0054 is our shop number. Calling this is the absolute FASTEST and most efficient way to get help! We are here 7-5 Monday-Thursday. When you call during work hours you can just ask for Luke or AJ and we have access to every guy on the crew to help with questions or problem diagnosis. Outside hours you can also email [email protected] but remember he is trying to help you remotely and does not see problems on the line every single day!

I love Spooky. I'm a customer for life. I don't care what the next pin is, I want to put down a deposit now. I'm dead serious.

You guys are the greatest!

#4241 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Recommend this become a key post.

#4242 3 years ago

Started having a new issue today: Once the garage/ portal is flashing, I'll hit the ball into the right orbit but the ball will "clunk" at the top and fall back into the lower spinner loop. I suspect it has something to do with the diverter?

#4243 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Started having a new issue today: Once the garage/ portal is flashing, I'll hit the ball into the right orbit but the ball will "clunk" at the top and fall back into the lower spinner loop. I suspect it has something to do with the diverter?

You should call and ask for help

#4244 3 years ago

SPOOKY TO THE RESCUE!

New Switch board is on its way! My USB keyboard hack gets me playing until it arrives.

Between the emailing until midnight and the phone call with Luke this morning, Spooky has been amazing and this certainly will not be the last game I buy from them!

9E6ED0DF-C820-45DF-8E77-EACDDE2C5B6F (resized).jpeg9E6ED0DF-C820-45DF-8E77-EACDDE2C5B6F (resized).jpeg
#4245 3 years ago

Has anyone else managed to knock a ball out of the lock somehow? It's happened to me twice now and neither time I saw how it happened, I just noticed another ball in play. Happened to me just now, I think I lost one of the 2 balls that were now in play but re-locked the other. Then when locking a 2nd ball I ended up with 2 balls in one side...sounds like it got confused when the ball escaped ( somehow ).

#4246 3 years ago

#139 invoiced today. This is really happening.

#4247 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Has anyone else managed to knock a ball out of the lock somehow?

I’ve had it happen a couple times too. Seems like the coil for the drop target didn’t pulse fast enough to keep it up when the drop target was hit with the ball, so there was enough time for the ball behind it to fall out.

#4248 3 years ago

Hey Luke— Any word on whether you guys will be offering a lower bracket for the topper for vertically challenged ceilings (mine is probably going to be about 1.5” too low)? I was going to call, but I’m guessing there are others on the thread who could benefit from this option. Thanks.

#4249 3 years ago

Top100 R&M climbing a bit, make sure you give this sweet rig an honest review and let it be seen where it should end up in the overall ratings folks. Let the hard work and energy that the team put this together climb up up up

#4250 3 years ago

I haven't had the chance to catch up on this entire thread, but somebody asked me to post my solution for a fluttering or dropping right hand flipper if it gets hit hard by a ball. If anybody else is having this issue.

On mine it was the button switch not having enough tension when closed because of the long plastic actuator and the switch relocated to clear the shooter. Well, I had seen this before on No Fear, so I used an extra disc I had and now it works perfect.

I turned the original clear actuator upside down, so I could use the same screws and leave it in the same spot. Only other thing is I had to do is snip the excess end off the one leaf that protruded. Done.

Scott has also now whipped up some No Fear spacers, so they are readily available.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=03-9366.2
DSCN7031 (resized).JPGDSCN7031 (resized).JPGDSCN7035 (resized).JPGDSCN7035 (resized).JPGNoFear (resized).jpgNoFear (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.