(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 405.
#12051 3 years ago

Rick and Morty....the Dark Souls of pinball machines.

#12052 3 years ago

Trying to help a mate out who bought a NIB R&M that has hardly played any games. The machine was unboxed and put in one area of his bar for a few days, then moved 10 metres, and since moving 10 metres has been giving dramas. Any time the top left hole is lit, as soon as (or within a couple of seconds) the ball passes the under playfield opto right up the back end of the subway, the machine resets without fail.

Trouble shooting we conducted:

1. Disconnect kickout coil at the lower end of the subway - no change
2. Disconnect opto at top (back) of subway - no reset (but machine then won't start a mode)
3. Swap opto location (via plugs on the underplayfield board on pic attached) - reset problem stays wherever opto 1 connector is located ie: if we left opto 1 plugged into the board, but changed the physical location, wherever this opto was located it would reset. However if we plugged what is normally opto2, into opto 1 plug, then it would reset in this configuration. - This tells me the problem stays on the board, and doesn't follow a particular opto or pair of optos.
4. So then we noticed that the same board (pictured) is used in two locations, so swapped board, and the problem stayed with opto 1 in the original location, with the 2ns board! So this tells me the problem is not the opto, the plug, or the board, but something downstream like the MPU?

Any ideas where to from here or how/what to test?

162984027_347762463280407_6648751793576326240_n (resized).jpg162984027_347762463280407_6648751793576326240_n (resized).jpg
#12053 3 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Trying to help a mate out who bought a NIB R&M that has hardly played any games. The machine was unboxed and put in one area of his bar for a few days, then moved 10 metres, and since moving 10 metres has been giving dramas. Any time the top left hole is lit, as soon as (or within a couple of seconds) the ball passes the under playfield opto right up the back end of the subway, the machine resets without fail.
2. Disconnect opto at top (back) of subway - no reset (but machine then won't start a mode)
3. Swap opto location (via plugs on the underplayfield board on pic attached) - reset problem stays wherever opto 1 connector is located ie: if we left opto 1 plugged into the board, but changed the physical location, wherever this opto was located it would reset. However if we plugged what is normally opto2, into opto 1 plug, then it would reset in this configuration. - This tells me the problem stays on the board, and doesn't follow a particular opto or pair of optos.
4. So then we noticed that the same board (pictured) is used in two locations, so swapped board, and the problem stayed with opto 1 in the original location, with the 2ns board! So this tells me the problem is not the opto, the plug, or the board, but something downstream like the MPU?
[quoted image]

Does triggering that opto while in switch test mode reset the machine? Does the opto REGISTER in switch test mode?

Or does the reset only happen when the game is running and that opto is triggered?

#12054 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does triggering that opto while in switch test mode reset the machine? Does the opto REGISTER in switch test mode?
Or does the reset only happen when the game is running and that opto is triggered?

Hey I was there while Robm was checking the machine out too, I think an important part of it is this opto works fine and registers normally - the resets only occur when the hole flasher is activated, eg if you drain two balls straight away the hole will light as a pity shot

#12055 3 years ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

Hey I was there while Robm was checking the machine out too, I think an important part of it is this opto works fine and registers normally - the resets only occur when the hole flasher is activated, eg if you drain two balls straight away the hole will light as a pity shot

So maybe there's a physical short on the flasher line? I'd follow that back and see if there's something shorting along those leads.

#12056 3 years ago

Would that make sense from an electrical standpoint if we've tested with the flasher removed? You'd think it has to be board related?

#12057 3 years ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

Would that make sense from an electrical standpoint if we've tested with the flasher removed? You'd think it has to be board related?

I don't know how it's wired or what it may be shorted with, but anything's possible, especially if it was working before and isn't now just from being moved. It's POSSIBLE a component on a board also coincidentally blew, but I think something moving when it was moved and shorting out is more likely. Just a guess at what I'd look at first.

#12058 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know how it's wired or what it may be shorted with, but anything's possible, especially if it was working before and isn't now just from being moved. It's POSSIBLE a component on a board also coincidentally blew, but I think something moving when it was moved and shorting out is more likely. Just a guess at what I'd look at first.

Yeah very true, bit hard when we don't have the machine right here but will check it out further soon

#12059 3 years ago
Quoted from robm:

[quoted image]

Guys please remember that if you are having issues with your game you can call us at 815-541-0054 Monday-Thursday 8am-4pm.
You can also email [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], or [email protected]
I can't fix your machine if I do not know it is broken lol. Often for complex issues it is best to call as we can more clearly communicate or even get on a video call if need be.

#12060 3 years ago

Welcome to:

ANATOMY PARK!

TRACETRACE
NAKEDNAKED
TOPTOP
DEPTHDEPTH

Had to open up a competition attraction for the spectacle that is Jurassic Park

20210227_123219 (resized).jpg20210227_123219 (resized).jpg
#12062 3 years ago

My #625 shipped today

#12063 3 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

My #625 shipped today

Makes my #84 seem ancient!! HA

#12064 3 years ago

You son of a bitch, I'm in! Invoice paid for #660!

#12065 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Try changing the coil power setting for it in the Settings. I think the default is 16, try either increasing it slightly (20) or lowering it a bit and see which way you prefer (14).

Unfortunately, adjusting in either direction doesn't fix it. Thanks for the suggestion!

#12066 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Unfortunately, adjusting in either direction doesn't fix it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Well, there is also a setting to enable a short ballsaver after the scoop fires, that might help until you can figure it out.

#12067 3 years ago

What's supposed to go in this hole to keep the shooter lane secured to the wood on the side?

16167163879945491167802184980984 (resized).jpg16167163879945491167802184980984 (resized).jpg
#12068 3 years ago

Its just a wood screw that holds down the launch wireform to the side rail.

#12069 3 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

What's supposed to go in this hole to keep the shooter lane secured to the wood on the side?
[quoted image]

The screw might have loosened if the orbit shots are hitting the wireform. Here is a simple mod that might help make the orbit shots smoother and prevent this from happening again.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/165#post-5985869

#12070 3 years ago

I think it might have been missed... my game did take a hit during shipping which might have popped it out. Got a new screw so no more ball traps under the wireform.

Man I'm loving this game!

#12071 3 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:Man I'm loving this game!

Remember to have fun.

#12072 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

My scoop is shooting straight down the middle roughly 1/4 times. How can I counter this if it's not consistent?

Push the top hood of the scoop down with your thumb a little bit. This should make the ball ride on the top more consistently. It probably worked up over time.

#12074 3 years ago

Anyone here watch Solar Opposites (another Justin Roland animated series)? The plots are not as complex as R&M but it's still so funny! Season two just dropped and the first ep has a funny reference to a Congo pin.

#12075 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Anyone here watch Solar Opposites (another Justin Roland animated series)? The plots are not as complex as R&M but it's still so funny! Season two just dropped and the first ep has a funny reference to a Congo pin.

I felt it was almost exactly like R&M..which isn't a bad thing.

#12076 3 years ago

#563 landed, thankfully unmolested by fedex. An interesting side benefit to ordering the coin box is that it is in a separate box that is strapped to the top of the game box which discourages any stacking hijinks!

#12077 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm ready to binge. The pin has already been spotted on facebook

congo (resized).jpgcongo (resized).jpg
#12078 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm ready to binge. The pin has already been spotted on facebook[quoted image]

Yup, I’ll probably crush this today, (at home on 2 wk quarantine)

#12080 3 years ago

I believe the entire Xmas tree decoration set of meeseeks is like $20+ also. Search that if you're interested.

#12081 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I believe the entire Xmas tree decoration set of meeseeks is like $20+ also. Search that if you're interested.

I think the quality with base for the Jinx one is much better. I’d rather have one really good Meeseeks instead of lots of almost good ones.

#12082 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think the quality with base for the Jinx one is much better. I’d rather have one really good Meeseeks instead of lots of almost good ones.

Nope, - the quality, size, details and variation of the Xmas tree decoration set is perfect.

#12083 3 years ago

Nailed a left ramp, spinner combo into the garage a bit TOO well, went airborne and got stuck here. First time for everything!

20210326_173244 (resized).jpg20210326_173244 (resized).jpg
#12084 3 years ago
Quoted from db666:

Nailed a left ramp, spinner combo into the garage a bit TOO well, went airborne and got stuck here. First time for everything![quoted image]

For my money one of the best three shot combos ever.

#12085 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

For my money one of the best three shot combos ever.

It’s a fine line between “clunky” and “F*ck yeh!!!!” Rnm falls nicely on the “F*ck yeh!!!!” side.

#12086 3 years ago

Just joined the club. Picked up a pre-order spot #721. Just curious where number we're up to?

I'm pretty stoked.

#12087 3 years ago

I swear that the Cromulon head says "Shook me what you got" as opposed to "Show me what you got" when entering a name for high score.
Anybody else hearing this?

#12088 3 years ago
Quoted from 911Paramedic:

I swear that the Cromulon head says "Shook me what you got" as oppose to "Show me what you got" when entering a name for high score.
Anybody else hearing this?

Yep!

#12089 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just joined the club. Picked up a pre-order spot #721. Just curious where number we're up to?
I'm pretty stoked.

Welcome to the club... This guy does a good job of keeping track

https://sites.google.com/view/whatnumber/home

#12090 3 years ago

TWIPY for best theme! Considering GnR is basically taking everything (best toys, really?), I'm surprised R&M won anything.
then...
TWIPY for best callouts - they got that one right!
then...
Free topper for the win!

#12091 3 years ago

Well Fuck.

Finally got my hands on the Updated Code and it won't install properly.

Now I have a "Update Required" Screen and no game to play.

I f'n hate computers. Brand new USBs. Properly formatted with nothing else on them...

Might be a good idea to have a USB that is loaded with the original code your machine ships with included / optional for purchase with your game.
It kinda sucks to have no game to play when this happens.

#12092 3 years ago

Congrats to Spooky on all the awards won at the TWIPYs!

#12093 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Well Fuck.
I f'n hate computers. Brand new USBs. Properly formatted with nothing else on them...
Might be a good idea to have a USB that is loaded with the original code your machine ships with included / optional for purchase with your game.

I feel your pain.
I live out in the sticks and our internet straight up sucks out here.
I download all my updates from work.

#12094 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Well Fuck.

Let me know if you need help - happy to drop some USB sticks in the mail for you with the downloaded files and one that should work for installation.

#12095 3 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Let me know if you need help - happy to drop some USB sticks in the mail for you with the downloaded files and one that should work for installation.

That is awesome of you...and if I get to the place where I am ready to give up I am gonna take you up on it!

Takes me 35 minutes to get somewhere where I can get to someone with the hookup to download the file...the USB crapshoot is what is killing me.
Don't know how many I should buy/ bring next time? Thought having 2 was covering my bases, but I am thinking I might have to buy half a dozen or so?

Just super bummed to have no Rick and Morty to play until I can figure out a way to update, now.

#12096 3 years ago

Time for Bug to build a Twipy shelf!

Best Topper!!

Way to go Spooky!

#12097 3 years ago

Where exactly in the settings is the vulgarity adjustment? Thanks!

#12098 3 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Congrats to Spooky on all the awards won at the TWIPYs!

What awards did Rick and Morty win? I didn’t end up watching.

#12099 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What awards did Rick and Morty win? I didn’t end up watching.

Won:
Best Theme
Best Callouts
Favorite Pinball Topper of 2020

Came in 2nd for:
Best Music and Sound Effects
Best Theme Integration
Best Animations and Display

Voting Results: https://twipys.com/2020-twipy-results-percentages/?fbclid=IwAR2DkIarYWg3wIg5MbrDYTEmRsPWF2OfApvqQkjzYp1HTSYRajdzdIP3TZU

#12100 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where exactly in the settings is the vulgarity adjustment? Thanks!

Rick & Morty (Feature) -> “Swearing Frequency”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
10,500 (OBO)
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/242 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.