(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 404.
#701 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This reminds me of the people who were at the most recent star wars movie with their kids. One with light up shoes and the other one was crying half the movie.
We got a sitter so we could go see it. You know what happens if we couldnt? WE DONT GO SEE THE MOVIE.
I think it applies here. Pin is too graphic? DONT GET THE PIN.
Just my $0.02. Or keep it in the box and sell it for 10k later. Its your choice. I think the friends house is your best bet. Thats where mine is going. Bro in laws house a couple miles away. 100% fucking swearing.

Yeah, I get it. Probably my most realistic options are to either sell my spot or farm the game out. Maybe I’ll keep it at a fellow pinhead’s house and rotate through some of their games on temporary trade. That sounds more fun than selling outright. Or find a local spot to route it?

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Yeah, I get it. Probably my most realistic options are to either sell my spot or farm the game out. Maybe I’ll keep it at a fellow pinhead’s house and rotate through some of their games on temporary trade. That sounds more fun than selling outright. Or find a local spot to route it?

Or you could play the game when the kids go to bed. Just keep it off when they are around.

#703 4 years ago

You’ll regret it if you sell it.

Best advice yet for your situation that I saw was cover the screen and turn the volume off for your kids to play. This works better if you have a nice loud system near your pin to play music. If you do, you might even be able to play the sound low and drown it out with the loud music.

Or just make it your late night pin until the kids are ready.

I have a 12 year old and a 14 year old. I did let them watch movies where swearing and violence was present but always with advice and a reminder that movies are not real life! They turned out ok (so far). As long as they know it’s just ok in the movies and you cover all basis with how they behave after; I think kids are smart enough to differentiate and still act appropriately for their age.

My 12 year old still does not swear and is reluctant to say anything close to a swear word near my wife and I. My 14 year old on the other hand is in HS now and well.... that’s a different story but we still address him when he is excessive with it.

Not trying to push my way on anyone here.... especially about parenting!

Just sharing my experiences.

#704 4 years ago

Maybe sent kids to school and play it when then. Only works if you work a 2nd or 3rd shift. Best option if you keep it, cover screen and volume down.

#705 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Trying to make a "kid friendly" version of a pin themed on an adult cartoon is asking quite a bit. This was an adult theme going in and they have made efforts to try and tame the language, but while I completely respect folks trying to protect their kids from the violence/language, asking them to completely censor just about every video aspect of the game is too much. People should have known what to expect when they bought the pin. It is an adult cartoon and the game pays tribute...
Personally, I would rather Eric spend time coding what is already on his list of "yet to come", than see him try and reinvent the wheel, so to speak.
And I am team purple coin door

Agreed. I got myself into this mess and is pretty selfish to ask for kid mode extras. Would be pretty happy with a video or screen on/off toggle in settings though. Kids can play blind, they don’t need the rules/status anyway.

Still think Jerry Mode would be hilarious. Hell I would probably play Jerry mode more than the kids.

EDIT: Team purple here.

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'm curious as to how different/more effective thisnmagnasave is versus Black Knight SOR.. that magnasave does nothing bit frustrate me as it slows the ball but never saves it from outlane drain...

The magnasave in BKSOR is a completely different skill. It's more like a risk mitigation feature rather than an absolute save. At first I was rarely successful, but having played a fair share of SOR games in our league, I've gotten to the point where I can use the magnasave successfully at least once in every game. That being said, I much prefer the way it's implemented in R&M. I remember playing the original BK and thinking how much better the magnasave would be if I could control it, then came Jungle Lord, and now R&M!

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Agreed. I got myself into this mess and is pretty selfish to ask for kid mode extras. Would be pretty happy with a video or screen on/off toggle in settings though. Kids can play blind, they don’t need the rules/status anyway.
Still think Jerry Mode would be hilarious. Hell I would probably play Jerry mode more than the kids.

My nine year old is actually pretty damned good at pinball. He has learned how to use stats to track progress on games and accomplish complex modes. He has managed to melt the witch on WOZ more than once. (For those less familiar with WOZ, this requires first going through all of the witch hurry ups and fireball mode, a munchkin mode at the spinning house, emerald city multiball and rescue multiball. Melting the witch is a two ball mini wizard mode where you have to make all of the key shots in sequenced pairs. Lose one or both balls trying to melt the witch and it’s over.) He would likely hold his own in the top half of the pack in most leagues. With him I either explain a whole bunch of stuff or just don’t have it in the house.

#708 4 years ago

Parent of an 8 and 11 year old here. And we host families all the time, where pinball is pretty popular. We have a Dead Pool, IMDN. For us the video clips with swearing off are well below the threshold of concern. Falls in the same category with mild gaming violence.

#709 4 years ago

New thread title Bump!!

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

New thread title Bump!!

I like how this thread is only 700ish posts long and has had what? Three or four titles already? Scott’s going to set a new Pinside title change record to go with the quick sellout record.

#711 4 years ago

I vote for "In Bird Culture, This Is Considered A Dick Move - Official Rick and Morty Club"

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I vote for "In Bird Culture, This Is Considered A Dick Move - Official Rick and Morty Club"

On Friday's it should be changed to "Time to get Riggity Riggity Wrecked Son!"

#713 4 years ago

I think this game is easier to own than TWD due to the terrifying imagery on the cabinet, back glass, and pf. My wife whipped together a couple of stupid faces that I stuck on, and when the kids are up, the rest of it is covered with a big towel.

And just like I plan to do with R&M, I'll play it when they're out, or asleep.

Thankfully the art on R&M isn't nightmare inducing, so I can get away with just leaving it uncovered, and I'll just explain to my young ones that this is a "big daddy" game and they'll play it when they're older. I have to explain that for many other things in life, so pretty standard practice.

IMG_20200221_103302 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_103302 (resized).jpg
#714 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I think this game is easier to own than TWD due to the terrifying imagery on the cabinet, back glass, and pf. My wife whipped together a couple of stupid faces that I stuck on, and when the kids are up, the rest of it is covered with a big towel.
Thankfully the art on R&M isn't nightmare inducing, so I can get away with just leaving it uncovered, and I'll just explain to my young ones that this is a "big daddy" game and they'll play it when they're older. I have to explain that for many other things in life, so pretty standard practice.[quoted image]

I know I have a pic of my (then) 3yr old son playing my TWD somewhere, with the profane Cleland sound package. We just tell them about the realities of the "scary" things, violence, swearing. They learn what's real, what's not, what they can/can't say. My kids will def be playing R&M. I'll turn the swearing to 50% at most, since I want the callouts to come from both "buckets." The family setting is an awesome consideration for those that want it off/on at times of the day. When they inevitably ask what a plumbus is, I'll just tell them it's an imaginary thing that some funny guy made up for the show, and leave it as that.

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I like the hinges, but think I would really have to take a sharpie and dot in the pupils.[quoted image]

if you're going to do that, do them correctly (they almost look like little asterisks, not just dots
r&m pupils (resized).jpgr&m pupils (resized).jpg

#716 4 years ago

Can anyone post a video of the lightshow of the portal in the garage?

#717 4 years ago

Thankfully the art on R&M isn't nightmare inducing, so I can get away with just leaving it uncovered, and I'll just explain to my young ones that this is a "big daddy" game and they'll play it when they're older. I have to explain that for many other things in life, so pretty standard practice.[quoted image]

Why not just throw a towel on top of the game too? Would help with dust and sun fading also.

Your wife's faces are genuinely really good!

#718 4 years ago

So are those hinges with Rick & Morty on them included in the BSE, or is this another extra???

the R&M silhouette hinges are made by a company tied very close to both pinball life and spooky. I believe that it's the same company doing all of the powder coated parts for the bloodsucker edition for spooky too

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the R&M silhouette hinges are made by a company tied very close to both pinball life and spooky. I believe that it's the same company doing all of the powder coated parts for the bloodsucker edition for spooky too

And Dino is an awesome and creative dude!

#720 4 years ago

Just got the call, Rick and Morty #21 is being delivered to Lyons Classic Pinball on Monday and will hopefully be playable to the public upon opening on Thursday @ 5pm!

#721 4 years ago

Final design

Would people want this on a shirt?
I honestly did this just cause i thought it was a cool idea for me and to surprise Scott when he said I could.
But if people like it, then I would be happy to do a small run of shirts; IF there is interest.

Snip 1 danesi (resized).JPGSnip 1 danesi (resized).JPG
#722 4 years ago

I'll take 2!

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Final design
I honestly did this just cause i thought it was a cool idea for me and to surprise Scott when he said I could.
But if people like it, then I would be happy to do a small run of shirts; IF there is interest.[quoted image]

Seems like a missed opportunity to make the arc the top of the "2" heh

#724 4 years ago

I want wristbands with that logo on them . I have way too many T-shirts .

#725 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Final design
But if people like it, then I would be happy to do a small run of shirts; IF there is interest.

I'd take one for sure!

#726 4 years ago

I'd take one (make it an epic tye-dye'd color shirt!

#727 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if you're going to do that, do them correctly (they almost look like little asterisks, not just dots
[quoted image]

Oh, they will be done correctly, I assure you.

260374D1-F011-47CF-A677-B22A1CABA124 (resized).jpeg260374D1-F011-47CF-A677-B22A1CABA124 (resized).jpeg
#729 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Final design
But if people like it, then I would be happy to do a small run of shirts; IF there is interest.[quoted image]

How about stickers? I also have way too many shirts.

#730 4 years ago

I'd be down for one depending on how it is printed on the shirt. Not a fan a large front prints and blank backs. Would love to see that large on the back and then maybe small front pocket area. I also only wear darker colored shirts.. lol. Yeah, I am picky with my shirts.

Great job on the design!

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Seems like a missed opportunity to make the arc the top of the "2" heh

Hey dude. I said final design.

Yeah, I am far from a design dude.
Paid a buddy that does this stuff and I think this one turned out pretty cool and he executed just like i saw it in My head.

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I'd be down for one depending on how it is printed on the shirt. Not a fan a large front prints and blank backs. Would love to see that large on the back and then maybe small front pocket area. I also only wear darker colored shirts.. lol. Yeah, I am picky with my shirts.
Great job on the design!

I'd be in for a pocket tee with IO on the pocket and this on the back....

#733 4 years ago

Not gonna spam this thread but if anyone has ideas or requests for mods we have a thread going with a bunch of ideas. Open to suggestions of things you'd like to see. I'll be in WI next week at IO bar to check out their machine and take some measurements / fit some pieces so now is a good time to speak. I am #297 so it will be a few months before I have a game to test on.

That being said, anyone in the PNW getting a machine soon?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread

#734 4 years ago

I'm debating with my wife what kind of 3'x5' rug to put under the machine...

https://www.fanlovesport.com/products/rick-and-morty-area-rug-floor-decor?variant=1000001853300351

They have quite a few to select from. Unsure about quality or seller.

Screenshot_20200221-180605__01 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200221-180605__01 (resized).jpg
#735 4 years ago

like how a lot of locations are getting their games first... hope our location can still make money on this game by the time we get it

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

like how a lot of locations are getting their games first... hope our location can still make money on this game by the time we get it

Man. I'm sorry you are getting more and more butthurt. Sincerely. Because it's not going to get better for you while you wait.

I know that the first arcades were in WI and it seems that the other locations may have previously setup a conversation and or agreement for early receipts

That being said, did you by chance contact Charlie or KT and explain you own an arcade in Miami well in advance? Genuinly curious.

#737 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Man. I'm sorry you are getting more and more butthurt. Sincerely. Because it's not going to get better for you while you wait.
I know that the first arcades were in WI and it seems that the other locations may have previously setup a conversation and or agreement for early receipts
That being said, did you by chance contact Charlie or KT and explain you own an arcade in Miami well in advance? Genuinly curious.

yes, I get butthurt when I lose money, you caught me

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

Are a lot of people are flying from Miami to WI to try the game?

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I sincerely agreed. It wasnt an insult. Did you contact Spooky in as much advance as possible and let them know you owned an arcade in Miami?

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I sincerely agreed. It wasnt an insult. Did you contact Spooky in as much advance as possible and let them know you owned an arcade in Miami?

sorry everyone is just super aggressive against anyone with anything short of super positive to say... I spoke to them initially about the way the numbering was going to work and they mentioned locations and events would get priority, I told them that I WAS a location and got no response

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

sorry everyone is just super aggressive against anyone with anything short of super positive to say... I spoke to them initially about the way the numbering was going to work and they mentioned locations and events would get priority, I told them that I WAS a location and got no response

This shit does not belong in the club thread. Take it elsewhere please.

Your whining in the non club thread is enough for all of us.

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

Sell it. What number are you?

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This shit does not belong in the club thread. Take it elsewhere please.
Your whining in the non club thread is enough for all of us.

I am sorry I have offended you, didn't realize discussions were unwelcome on a discussion forum

#744 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I am sorry I have offended you, didn't realize discussions were unwelcome on a discussion forum

This is the club thread to discuss the game. We're not here to hear you whine about your arcade and spot number.

#745 4 years ago

Friendly reminder from the moderation team:

This is the club thread. The hype thread is the place to bring discussion about your pre-delivery complaints and concerns. It’s right this way and is ready for people to post in it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky

Club threads are not for back and forth negativity about pre-delivery issues. Do not self police club threads, report people who violate the spirit of the club thread and we will deal with them. Don’t feed people who are trolling, just report them and we will deal with them (it may not be instant, but we monitor club threads closely).

For the avoidance of doubt, this thread absolutely is the ice cream and rainbows thread for this game. The hype thread is not ice cream and rainbows and is the place to go and complain if you are so inclined. Thank you.

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

You will make plenty of money with Rick and Morty. Be it now, or in 8 months.

Patience. They can't hit everyone's deadline.

Now go take a shit on a toilet in rainbowland. It's fabulous.

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

Wait, what? Who has lost money on R&M?

#748 4 years ago

Hopefully some of you who have received your games early can use these. I will tweak as more code is released. Hopefully they will serve some purpose for now. These should be printable, but let me know if sizing seems off or if rules are off. 3 per page.
R&M 1.pdfR&M 1.pdfR&M 2.pdfR&M 2.pdfR&M 3.pdfR&M 3.pdfR&M 4.pdfR&M 4.pdfR&M 5.pdfR&M 5.pdfR&M 6.pdfR&M 6.pdfR&M 7.pdfR&M 7.pdfR&M 8.pdfR&M 8.pdf
Slide2.JPGSlide2.JPGSlide1.JPGSlide1.JPGnew font.jpgnew font.jpgSlide3.JPGSlide3.JPGSlide4.JPGSlide4.JPGSlide5.JPGSlide5.JPGSlide6.JPGSlide6.JPGSlide7.JPGSlide7.JPGSlide8.JPGSlide8.JPG

Slide1.JPGSlide1.JPGSlide2.JPGSlide2.JPGSlide3.JPGSlide3.JPGSlide4.JPGSlide4.JPGSlide5.JPGSlide5.JPGSlide7.JPGSlide7.JPGSlide6.JPGSlide6.JPGSlide9.JPGSlide9.JPGSlide8.JPGSlide8.JPG
#749 4 years ago

Awesome work and huge thanks!

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Hopefully some of you who have received your games early can use these. I will tweak as more code is released. Hopefully they will serve some purpose for now. These should be printable, but let me know if sizing seems off or if rules are off. 3 per page.

Wow! These are awesome. Nice work

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.