(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 405.
#18051 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

So, is this all just fun chatter or are we getting a code update?
Just want to manage expectations.

He was very clear that he was making absolutely no promises. Expectations should be at zero.

I remember when Scott kept being asked if they would run more than the 750 R&M’s, he said no but that he would be happy to do a sequel R&M or something along those lines. How awesome would it be if Spooky engaged the same team that did this R&M to do a second one in a few years (probably needs to be five years apart)? Pinheads would go bananas trying to get one.

#18052 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

He used a portal to go back in time and it was released a few weeks ago. It's awesome.

#18053 1 year ago

As far as MRS switches... I did order some for my game..for the upper right corner where there are 3.. I have not put them on yet (will soon). I did it because sometimes the ball will hang a bit coming around the loop, and I have had balls get stuck and sit on the switch sometime. I have adjusted the stock switches, but I get tired of lifting the playfield up and fiddling with that area, so figured what the heck. I can just give a shake and the ball comes loose, but when non pinball people come over, if a ball gets stuck anywhere it's the end of the world to them and they think the game is broken, haha. Sometimes I don't think those switches register right either (the two close by each other)...they get bent eventually. MRS will solve all these issues.

I don't see why you would need them on the inlanes or outlanes... but in a perfect universe all switches would be MRS...so if you want to do it, go ahead, but not necessary.

Looking forward to any new dimensions that come along! Thanks

#18054 1 year ago

The MRS chatter is becoming incessant. The ones saying they don't understand why people put them in the inlanes and outlanes...why are you putting little toys all over your playfield? I guarantee the people challenging others for putting MRS in other spots that are not to their liking have at LEAST a mod are two that cost the same as a switch on their machine that is also unnecessary. Let people enjoy their MRS, and you guys can enjoy your little meeseeks dolls and other little mini figures randomly on your game.

/Rant over. Everyone should enjoy their own game and stop criticizing other people's mods.

#18055 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Expect nothing. He said throw him some ideas and he promises nothing.

#18056 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Pretty sure we’re in an as-is state with code.
Just waiting for the final nail in the coffin from Spooky to confirm, but the coffin is in the hole and the dirt’s piling on.

I’d love to be wrong.

#18057 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

The current to-do list:

Feature:
fr0-0p - Froopyland rainbow GI something - maybe unlimited ball save because you can't die in froopyland
nc-17 - Swearing dimension all switches throw swear words
KL4-ck - Knocker dimension

st4-mpz - Multiply scoring by green stamps
t3h-dub - 2x megaseeds for each collected
f0n-du1 - Jackpot dimension - all switches increase jackpot value
cRk-d4t - Crank awards seeds for the duration

Negative:
b4-llz - Ball search dimension
bl4-nkz - Barren - only lights 1 seed

New mystery award:
Spread more seeds - available if in any dimension, adds more seeds to collect

Any or none of that may happen and I'm not going to commit to any knd of timeline.

#18058 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The current to-do list:
Feature:
fr0-0p - Froopyland rainbow GI something - maybe unlimited ball save because you can't die in froopyland
Negative:
Any or none of that may happen and I'm not going to commit to any knd of timeline.

MAKE IT SO!

#18059 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The current to-do list:
Feature:
Negative:

Oh, hell yes!!

#18060 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

The MRS chatter is becoming incessant. The ones saying they don't understand why people put them in the inlanes and outlanes...why are you putting little toys all over your playfield? I guarantee the people challenging others for putting MRS in other spots that are not to their liking have at LEAST a mod are two that cost the same as a switch on their machine that is also unnecessary. Let people enjoy their MRS, and you guys can enjoy your little meeseeks dolls and other little mini figures randomly on your game.
/Rant over. Everyone should enjoy their own game and stop criticizing other people's mods.

No one is criticizing. Just voicing their opinions. And there were actual questions asked so...maybe get over it? Sort of the point of a forum is to discuss topics. If you don't like the discussion, you just don't participate in it.

#18061 1 year ago

The Pin Gods do look down upon us on this blessed Good Friday!

Thanks for keeping the hope alive epthegeek !!

#18062 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The current to-do list:
Feature:
Negative:
New mystery award:
Spread more seeds - available if in any dimension, adds more seeds to collect

These all sound like great changes! Thank you for all of the care and effort you've put into this game.

For those of us without knockers in our games, will there be a virtual knocker sound (or Rick sound effect) or should I order a knocker from PBL to complete my game? Usually I disable knockers because I have kids that nap or have early bedtimes.

#18063 1 year ago

Would it be possible for the TNA dimension to play a random track from TNA instead of just the one? That would be a fun (possibly) easy way to get more music variation in the game.

#18064 1 year ago

I've been out of the club for a while now and I've been going through my items for past games that I need to clear out.

I have an NOS R&M playfield that I could persuaded to part with for the right price. pm me for more info

#18065 1 year ago
Quoted from ziz:

Would it be possible for the TNA dimension to play a random track from TNA instead of just the one? That would be a fun (possibly) easy way to get more music variation in the game.

That would be incredible to get more TNA music in R&M. The more music in a game the better, though R&M and TNA have hands down the best sound packages in pinball.

#18066 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

These all sound like great changes! Thank you for all of the care and effort you've put into this game.
For those of us without knockers in our games, will there be a virtual knocker sound (or Rick sound effect) or should I order a knocker from PBL to complete my game? Usually I disable knockers because I have kids that nap or have early bedtimes.

Knocker dimension would be for physical only and would be disabled if you have the knocker disabled. Even people with a knocker might hate that one - because; yikes. So I may need to work in a way to enable/disable individiual dimensions.

#18067 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Knocker dimension would be for physical only and would be disabled if you have the knocker disabled. Even people with a knocker might hate that one - because; yikes. So I may need to work in a way to enable/disable individiual dimensions.

Thank you for this statement. I was thinking the same thing, the knocker dimension would be funny the first time and horrendous each additional time.

#18068 1 year ago

It would be funny when others come over and don't expect it, but other than that?

#18069 1 year ago

lol - I forgot I already did this, it was just hidden. Will have to add a check to make sure you have a minimum enabled though (which is why it was hidden)

lol (resized).pnglol (resized).png
#18070 1 year ago

Ok, that's all sorted. Now I can add new stuff.

warning (resized).pngwarning (resized).png
#18071 1 year ago

My takeaway is that Eric is not precluded from doing further updates. Cool!

But since it was an approved callout, are we stuck with "He sure says bitch a lot! Yip!"?

I also wish the Cromulon didn't add "Look!" on the callout with every made shot.

#18072 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

But since it was an approved callout, are we stuck with "He sure says bitch a lot! Yip!"?

I shortened this - I kept forgetting to do it when I was actually working on stuff. It's not perfect because morty's "t" and the start of Scary Terry are right on top of each other; but its better.

I also wish the Cromulon didn't add "Look!" on the callout with every made shot.

This was the same thing - the "Look" is right in the middle of the fading cheer, so I thought it didn't sound that great abruptly cutting - but I guess it's not TOO bad. I made a version with the "Look" chopped off and set it up so that 1 in five will say "look" the others just say hooray.

#18073 1 year ago

Just want to say thanks for making this game the best it can be within the constraints imposed.

#18074 1 year ago

Just hit my first 5x Super Skillshot! I didn't think this would be possible given the physics (plus my MRS) but somehow it did. Of the loops I hit, only one was perfectly clean and lightning fast, the others didn't rattle in there but hugged the rails and slowed the ball down just enough for me to keep sending it over and over and on the 5th shot it started to get fast again so I went for the garage.

2m points for that shot. I was expecting more exponential point growth but oh well, it was still extremely satisfying.

#18075 1 year ago

Been out of the loop on this one for a bit. Just downloaded the latest update... should be RM GameCode 20220421... correct?

#18076 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Just hit my first 5x Super Skillshot! I didn't think this would be possible given the physics (plus my MRS) but somehow it did. Of the 5 loops I hit, only one was perfectly clean and lightning fast, the other four didn't rattle in there but hugged the rails and slowed the ball down just enough for me to keep sending it over and over and on the 5th shot it started to get fast again so I went for the garage.
2m points for that shot. I was expecting more exponential point growth but oh well, it was still extremely satisfying.

Never knew about that...very cool. So was that 4 inner loop shots and 1 garage shot?

#18077 1 year ago

Most I've accomplished is 3xloops to the garage. Indeed it feels like quite an accomplishment.

#18078 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Never knew about that...very cool. So was that 4 inner loop shots and 1 garage shot?

It was 5 loops plus garage...I'm quite sure but not 100%. It happened so fast, I couldn't believe it was going around so many times...like a shocking amount then one more. Most I had done previously was 3 loops plus garage. I know for sure it said 5x SuperSkill Shot on the screen and I got 2m points.

I was so in shock staring at the screen that the ball drained after ejecting out of the re-entry hole.

epthegeek could confirm 100% if that's 5 loops.

#18079 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

It was 5 loops plus garage...I'm quite sure but not 100%. It happened so fast, I couldn't believe it was going around so many times...like a shocking amount then one more. Most I had done previously was 3 loops plus garage. I know for sure it said 5x SuperSkill Shot on the screen and I got 2m points.
I was so in shock staring at the screen that the ball drained after ejecting out of the re-entry hole.
epthegeek could confirm 100% if that's 5 loops.

It’d be 4 loops. Loop + garage = 2x, 2 Loop + garage = 3x, 3 loop + garage = 4x etc. It’ll let you go as high as 9.

#18080 1 year ago

What about a Flash Gordon dimension where every switch hit shifts the tone pitch up one interval, start with a super low bass synth tone… when that starts on FG and you rip the spinner it’s awesome, was supposed to be like a ‘Queen guitar solo’ when they did it(;

#18081 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’d be 4 loops. Loop + garage = 2x, 2 Loop + garage = 3x, 3 loop + garage = 4x etc. It’ll let you go as high as 9.

oh bummer, ok. I swore it was 5. Thanks for confirming!

#18082 1 year ago

Would it be possible to display the accrued slam ring bonus amount to be collected?

And some indicator of just normal combos? Combos seem to exist in the game due to the combo dimension, but have no idea what’s a combo, and how it increases scores.

#18083 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

lol - I forgot I already did this, it was just hidden. Will have to add a check to make sure you have a minimum enabled though (which is why it was hidden)
[quoted image]

In first thanks for all that you have done for the success of rick & morty pinball machine !

some questions:
- how to display the hidden dimensions menu? i'm interested to select the best dimensions (never seen the strobe dimension)
- For the mystery Award, I do not understand everything, why have displayed 3 other choices that are never available
if you compare with the AFM ;all the choices are available , I do not find it finished, can you finish the Mystery Award with all the selections?
2022-07-30_13-16-36 (resized).jpg2022-07-30_13-16-36 (resized).jpg

#18084 1 year ago

Is there a good video tutorial of this game somewhere?

#18085 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

In first thanks for all that you have done for the success of rick & morty pinball machine !
some questions:
- how to display the hidden dimensions menu? i'm interested to select the best dimensions (never seen the stromboscope dimension)
- For the mystery Award, I do not understand everything, why have displayed 3 other choices that are never available
if you compare with the AFM ;all the choices are available so why have indicated selections that do not correspond to anything, I do not find it finished, can you finish the Mystery Award?[quoted image]

The other mystery awards are joke awards, not awarded.

#18086 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Watched this Video maybe 30 times until my Pin finally arrived

Not really a tutorial but a fun Gameplay Video with good Sound quality.

#18087 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

if you compare with the AFM ;all the choices are available , I do not find it finished, can you finish the Mystery Award with all the selections?

Because they’re FUN. You’re only ever going to get the 1 mystery award you actually get awarded - the other 4 are useless, so we decided to have some fun.

Quoted from jonesjb:

And some indicator of just normal combos? Combos seem to exist in the game due to the combo dimension, but have no idea what’s a combo, and how it increases scores.

Combos show up in the upper right of the display, but only briefly and there’s probably no way you’d see them when you’re playing. They’re just a bit of extra points that don’t matter at all to the gameplay in general so it was always unimportant.

#18088 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Combos show up in the upper right of the display, but only briefly and there’s probably no way you’d see them when you’re playing. They’re just a bit of extra points that don’t matter at all to the gameplay in general so it was always unimportant.

Thanks, I'm less focused on the the actual points, and more in how long the combo is. Would it be possible (and more importantly worth it), to have a longest combo tracked in the tracked awards)?

#18089 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Thanks, I'm less focused on the the actual points, and more in how long the combo is. Would it be possible (and more importantly worth it), to have a longest combo tracked in the tracked awards)?

I guess I could do that. Since we didn’t have a solid way to indicate “shoot here to continue combo” on the inserts with everything else going on I didn’t really prioritize it.

#18090 1 year ago

I almost shit my pants when I saw so many unread posts in this thread...

@epthegeek, you've made my month!! Of course no guarantees, but just the prospect of extra somethings in our R&M's is so damn exciting. Your passion for the project has been obvious since day one. I for one would be happy to donate to help compensate for any further time and love invested. R&M is such a brilliant pin, deserves to become the masterpiece we'd all envisaged!

I'll put the thinking cap on re Dimensions. But maybe when a certain amount of dimensions are achieved, a Dimension Multiball is qualified?

@thenotrashcougar, Scott!! any chance you have some unused tasty rock'n beats to suit

#18091 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Bowen is an awesome player & contributed to R&M. His tutorials are the best...enjoy.

#18092 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Since we didn’t have a solid way to indicate “shoot here to continue combo” on the inserts with everything else going on I didn’t really prioritize it.

This lack of a way to indicate shots to continue the combo could actually be fun… People have to hunt for and create their own unique, highest combo (instead of being a defined route they need to follow).

What about a 'Blips and Chitz' dimensions with EM chimes, strobing/flashing lights and retro arcade sounds. This site provides public domain arcade sounds for commercial and non-commercial use: https://mixkit.co/free-sound-effects/arcade/

Audio could even replace certain main audio (some good ones)...
-Like a ball lock could yield the 'Video game lock' sound
-Standup target could create the 'Electronic retro block hit'
-Ramp could make the 'Arcade retro run sound' or 'Retro video game bubble laser'
-Drain the 'Retro arcade lose'

The site has other public domain audio categories which could be used creatively.

#18093 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You’re only ever going to get the 1 mystery award you actually get awarded - the other 4 are useless, so we decided to have some fun.

I love the silly, never-awarded-if-not-impossible awards! Just one more creative flair that sets this game apart.

"All shall become Glorzo" - I still smile every time I see it.

I bet you can come up with more! How about "Toggle player's virginity"? Or on multi-player games, "Trade Scores with Leader".

You could reference later seasons without using any assets: "Release Slut Dragon" or "Commence Snake Jazz" or maybe "Heat toilet seat".

If you wanted to get self-deprecating you could include "Reset Game" or "Hang game at end of ball". (Then if it really happens, it's like you got the award without earning it! Yay!?)

I haven't been playing a lot since I hurt my knee and it hurts to use my usual stance, so my memory may be a little hazy, and with this game being as crazy as it is, there's a chance I just suggested something that's already in there! Wouldn't surprise me!

#18094 1 year ago

You could reference later seasons without using any assets: "Release Slut Dragon" or "Commence Snake Jazz" or maybe "Heat toilet seat".

I did add some references to season 5 stuff.

I’m totally going to add “Reset game” though. But then I’ll be tempted to make it like a really tiny chance that it actually hits and you get screwed.

#18095 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I’m totally going to add “Reset game” though. But then I’ll be tempted to make it like a really tiny chance that it actually hits and you get screwed.

That would be hilarious. Just add a disable feature though.

#18096 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Could call it 'Destroy reactor 9" and end the game

#18097 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

But then I’ll be tempted to make it like a really tiny chance that it actually hits and you get screwed.

You could do it Eternal Darkness style…ie a fake game reset. Have the machine act like it totally power down and drains the ball, only to have it say just kidding and gives you another ball.

Eternal Darkness was a game cube game, for those that don’t get the reference. It stunned people with the fake ring of death as a “sanity effect”. It had lots of them to like delete all saved files (heck, we could have one for R&M that is said to delete all high scores. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Darkness

#18098 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You could do it Eternal Darkness style…ie a fake game reset. Have the machine act like it totally power down and drains the ball, only to have it say just kidding and gives you another ball.
Eternal Darkness was a game cube game, for those that don’t get the reference. It stunned people with the fake ring of death as a “sanity effect”. It had lots of them to like delete all saved files (heck, we could have one for R&M that is said to delete all high scores. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Darkness

That game was trippy.

#18099 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have had that game for years and never played it....lol.

#18100 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Loved Eternal Darkness, there were so many meta hallucinations that broke the fourth wall. It was very creative.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
Trade
$ 28.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/362 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.