(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 404.
#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like just bending the hood of the scoop down would have taken care of it also. ???

That is the very first thing I do on any scoop I am adjusting.

I did try that first and it did not help. I guessed the ball was ricocheting off the back wall of the scoop and thought adding some curvature to help guide the ball down would work. Then I dropped the scoop and bingo, rejections were mostly gone.

Quoted from arzoo:

Very interesting, looks like the shots that hit the left or right side (of the metal protector) bounced out, and the shots that were direct went down, but still not smoothly. Can you do a slow-mo video after the adjustments?

Sure, I'll take some this evening.

#3352 3 years ago

Adding washers to lower the scoop isn't necessary in most cases. Simply bending the scoop hood down slightly will resolve most rejects.

That's essentially what you're doing by adding washers. You're bringing the scoop hood down.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm not sure I follow how bending the hood would help reduce rejects?
When you say hood you're talking about the curved top piece of the scoop right?

Correct. The curved piece directs the ball into the scoop. In the slomo shots the scoop hood is doing nothing. Ball is rattling on sides then popping out.

Literally 5 swipes of a rasp on the edge of scoop hole to bevel it slightly and bending hood down takes 30sec and often does all that is needed

#3354 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Can you do a slow-mo video after the adjustments?

1 minute of slow-mo scoop action, post-adding washers and bending scoop hood.

#3355 3 years ago

Silly question, but are there any instructions on how to update code on this game? Can't seem to find it on the website.

#3356 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like just bending the hood of the scoop down would have taken care of it also. ???
That is the very first thing I do on any scoop I am adjusting.

I agree. On my TNA scoop rejects happened quite a bit if your shot was not well on target. But the scoop still worked 100% if your aim was true. Never woried about it for a long time, just tried to play better instead. Then when fitting the pink protectors I examined the scoop and its wear markings, and tested the ball in the scoop opening whilst noting the angles and geometry that were at play. The scoop was very high and straight, it appeared that the misaligned shot would just bounce against the back of the scoop, and the ball would then roll a lap around the top of the opening in the playfield.

I personally as a tradesman would never want my scoop mech mounted on washers for one thing (especially unevenly or on an angle/skew), nor lowered down below the stock mech height. I did however decide on "tweaking" the curve of the scoop. After bending the scoop down quite a bit, at the strategic zone, even the really off shots that probably shouldn't make it go in there quite easily now. Washers not required at all for mine, and with the bend it is now noob-noob easy to make. Even though I'm not real consistent, and miss totally, alot! Lol

#3357 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Silly question, but are there any instructions on how to update code on this game? Can't seem to find it on the website.

Simply download the update from Spooky's Support page. Place the .pkg update on a freshly formatted USB drive, and stick it in an open USB port on the R&M CPU (right bottom of head). You don't even need to turn the game off before plugging the USB drive in. The game while on, will see the update on the USB drive and start the update. Turn the game off when the game tells you to, and remove the USB drive.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I don't know my number yet, but my distributor in Europe asked me for details regarding the add-on options.
Looks like a number of machines might be heading to Europe soon! Super excited.

Anyone have an idea of when they're arriving in Australia? I haven't been asked for add-ons yet.

#3359 3 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Simply download the update from Spooky's Support page. Place the .pkg update on a freshly formatted USB drive, and stick it in an open USB port on the R&M CPU (right bottom of head). You don't even need to turn the game off before plugging the USB drive in. The game while on, will see the update on the USB drive and start the update. Turn the game off when the game tells you to, and remove the USB drive.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Much appreciate it!

#3360 3 years ago

75 working great. There was an unplugged connector, chipped rail and the balls were all rusted which I suspect is due to some moisture that got in. Otherwise the game is playing great out of box. No issues with scoop or making the loops.

IMG_3237 (resized).jpegIMG_3237 (resized).jpegIMG_3239 (resized).jpegIMG_3239 (resized).jpegIMG_3240 (resized).jpegIMG_3240 (resized).jpeg

IMG_3242 (resized).jpegIMG_3242 (resized).jpeg
#3361 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

75 working great. There was an unplugged connector, chipped rail and the balls were all rusted which I suspect is due to some moisture that got in. Otherwise the game is playing great out of box. No issues with scoop or making the loops.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

We will get ya fixed up quick! nice work on finding the connector

#3362 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I watched both slow-motion videos on super-slow motion.

The first video with the rejects shows the ball hitting the scoop's hood and bouncing forward like a backboard to a basketball.

The second video shows the ball hitting the curved part of the hood and going downward almost immediately.

This lends credence that maybe I don't need to use washers, I just need to adjust the hood.

#3363 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We will get ya fixed up quick!

Oh come on you over-achievers. With service like this you're going to get customers for life and sell out of every pin. You're going to put your sales team out of work!

PS: Can I put a $1,500 deposit down now for the next pin? I'm not joking btw.

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

It appears if you now bend the hood back up and introduce a little more curve then you will be golden.

By moving the whole scoop mech lower w washers, the ball is now hitting the hood early and rebounding down to pf in front of scoop/front edge.

One more small tweak and you will be all set.

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I watched both slow-motion videos on super-slow motion.
The first video with the rejects shows the ball hitting the scoop's hood and bouncing forward like a backboard to a basketball.
The second video shows the ball hitting the curved part of the hood and going downward almost immediately.
This lends credence that maybe I don't need to use washers, I just need to adjust the hood.

For me the only reason I lowered the scoop was the ball would get hung up on that metal lip and playfield every game. Nobody needs to do anything but that’s why I lowered mine and haven’t had an issue since. Loving the new code.

#3366 3 years ago

Does swapping the stock fan with the Pin Monk Add on fan cause any warranty issues?

#3367 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Sexy

#3368 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does swapping the stock fan with the Pin Monk Add on fan cause any warranty issues?

If we blow it up in the process i assume . I was not interested in this mod but after watching the Kman’s vid i am considering it...two of these things running near my card table my benefit from them.

#3369 3 years ago

I’ll through a thought out for the scoop... Yes, With the bend conservative the ball hits a “wall” and the energy goes to the mantis at a low point of ball contact.

Bending down may help, the height of the mantis seems like a non-issue. The scoop is at a 15 degree angle (ish) to prevent SDTM (I assume). The energy is going to transfer laterally atleast in a minimal extent...(drinks wine) bend it down some, Before any other stuff and learn the angle like the Ship shot on AFM. Aim slightly left of center...

Edited, forgot a word

#3370 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Oh come on you over-achievers. With service like this you're going to get customers for life and sell out of every pin. You're going to put your sales team out of work!
PS: Can I put a $1,500 deposit down now for the next pin? I'm not joking btw.

That is honestly the goal. I think a ton of companies in today's world forget how important it is. Take care of the customers and they will take care of you! Plus I know what it is like to be the customer!

#3371 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Anyone have an idea of when they're arriving in Australia? I haven't been asked for add-ons yet.

When we receive our emails for add-ons, pins then normally take about a month to complete. Shipping is organised when all games are ready. Freight and clearance 6-8 weeks approx.

As a guide about 3 months from email. In the past Spooky have made the international pins after at least 100 produced. I’m not aware of their plan with Aussie ones this time, just going on history. It would be great to have them this year but it’s likely to be early 2021. Either way don’t care this will be my 5th Spooky, they rock in my book.

#3372 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Very interesting, looks like the shots that hit the left or right side (of the metal protector) bounced out, and the shots that were direct went down, but still not smoothly. Can you do a slow-mo video after the adjustments?

Looks like the scoop is slightly too small and the ball barely fits thru.

A very challenging shot.

#3373 3 years ago

Not to be repetitive but we played this game a few hours last night with friends over and the new code update made this virtually a new game. From lighting to shaker a completely new experience. Sincerely thanks to Eric and Spooky this game is absolutely incredible and surprising every time we Tuen it on. Really excited for others to start getting their games you will Not be disappointed. Side observation, (from a crappy player) the scoring seems to have been updated and balanced a Lot. On release code I would often get scores I would be embarrassed to post but now we seem to be getting further. Just Love it! Thanks and keep up the Amazing work!

#3374 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For me the only reason I lowered the scoop was the ball would get hung up on that metal lip and playfield every game. Nobody needs to do anything but that’s why I lowered mine and haven’t had an issue since. Loving the new code.

I have an early game and the scoop lip was sticking up @ 1/4 inch and the ball would get stuck on the lip and the beveled wood. Lowering it with washers fixed everything and it is still sticking up a bit so no wood should be affected. If your game did not need this great! Mine did and all is well now.

#3375 3 years ago

BSE 109 here. Got my final invoice. Any sense for how long after final invoice is paid before shipping occurs? Such much anticipation!

#3376 3 years ago

74235A80-D562-4528-A9C6-3B4A873323BA (resized).jpeg74235A80-D562-4528-A9C6-3B4A873323BA (resized).jpeg

Boom!

New pinball Day!!!

Thanks Scott Rob and Spooky!

#3377 3 years ago

I wonder how R&M will end up with 750 built if it'll be considered a reasonable number somewhat like AMH or TNA both have lower builds but don't seem like they are especially rare as opposed to a Tron LE or JJP PotC is up for sale.

#3378 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

[quoted image]
Boom!
New pinball Day!!!
Thanks Scott Rob and Spooky!

Congrats!!

Clearly you forgot to get the pic on the side of the box with the “born on” date and build number filled in.

#3379 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wonder how R&M will end up with 750 built if it'll be considered a reasonable number somewhat like AMH or TNA both have lower builds but don't seem like they are especially rare as opposed to a Tron LE or JJP PotC is up for sale.

I dont really care from a $$$ POV as I will never sell, but honestly think R&M will longer term be one of the most broadly sought after pinball machines of this era.

750 is an insanely low number and the game is just that much fun, with great integration, and of course the huge license.
Like all games there are a certain % that people bought just to flip (it is part of our collector hobby), but when the dust settles I think this will be a keeper for many.

#3380 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont really care from a $$$ POV as I will never sell, but honestly think R&M will longer term be one of the most broadly sought after pinball machines of this era.
750 is an insanely low number and the game is just that much fun, with great integration, and of course the huge license.
Like all games there are a certain % that people bought just to flip (it is part of our collector hobby), but when the dust settles I think this will be a keeper for many.

I agree with this. To me Rick and Morty is my favorite theme of all time for pinball and the theme integration is perfect and the gameplay is fun. Once these settle in to collection's of people that love the theme as much as Hilton or myself do, I doubt you will see them come up for sale often. I can pretty much guarantee that I won't sell mine. The only reason we see games for sale now are primarily from speculators that bought the game to flip or people that don't want to wait a long time for their game to be built. I'm sure Covid-19 also plays a part in some people needing to sell now as well.

#3381 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

BSE 109 here. Got my final invoice. Any sense for how long after final invoice is paid before shipping occurs? Such much anticipation!

I don't know what the average is, but if my info helps you, I paid my invoice for #81 on June 1st but the pin hasn't shipped yet.

#3382 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I paid my invoice for #81 on June 1st but the pin hasn't shipped yet.

Yeah, but you live such a long, long way from the Spooky facility. You need to factor that in to your delivery time.

#3383 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Yeah, but you live such a long, long way from the Spooky facility. You need to factor that in to your delivery time.

It's brutal. Gonna be at least a day. Maybe two.

#3384 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don't know what the average is, but if my info helps you, I paid my invoice for #81 on June 1st but the pin hasn't shipped yet.

I think in general terms... they build ~10 per week. They build batches of 40 (I think that holds true?) at a time. So, in broad terms (in a non-Covid world) assume 4 ish weeks on average.

Covid obviously threw the world for a spin.

#3385 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's brutal. Gonna be at least a day. Maybe two.

I can’t even imagine being excited enough you want mine and not just driving 150+ miles and grab it myself, why on earth wait for shipping.

#3386 3 years ago

epthegeek loving the new get schwifty mode. Are there any plans to add call outs to this mode when you hit a purple shot? I feel like it just needs some feedback when you hit a purple shot as it is tough to look up at the screen to see where the meter stands.

#3387 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I can’t even imagine being excited enough you want mine and not just driving 150+ miles and grab it myself, why on earth wait for shipping.

I wish I could honestly, but I'm so buried with work I just cannot find the time.

#3388 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

epthegeek loving the new get schwifty mode. Are there any plans to add call outs to this mode when you hit a purple shot? I feel like it just needs some feedback when you hit a purple shot as it is tough to look up at the screen to see where the meter stands.

This mode very specifically mutes almost other audio, so the song can shine. Sound effects, call-outs. The only thing that should make noise is the tilt warning.

I very much don't like when pinball audio fights with songs with lyrics (ie: all the music pins) so I decided to try this route.

#3389 3 years ago

I love all of the new, forgotten, or just different ideas that spooky is utilizing. Not only in the design of the physical game, but also in the coding. It's superb, and very welcome after years of fan layouts with mode/multiplier into multiball stacking yada yada yada.

#3390 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This mode very specifically mutes almost other audio, so the song can shine. Sound effects, call-outs. The only thing that should make noise is the tilt warning.
I very much don't like when pinball audio fights with songs with lyrics (ie: all the music pins) so I decided to try this route.

Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

#3391 3 years ago

here's hoping for a knocker dimension where certain shots would sound the knocker plus bonus points.

#3392 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

here's hoping for a knocker dimension where certain shots would sound the knocker plus bonus points.

I think it would be a bad idea to have a dimension for an optional accessory. Same goes for a shaker dimension. I think either should be used to give extra feedback or effects as intended.

#3393 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I would prefer an “on key” note that goes with the song to play or something with each successful shot. It’s just odd to have no audio cue play when you make a shot. Maybe that’s just me though.

#3394 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agree and has very approachable but clever rules.

#3395 3 years ago

The sound on this game is incredible. So much so that it seems to rattle the entire game, any advice on how to lessen the vibrations from the sub besides just turning down the volume?

#3396 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

The sound on this game is incredible. So much so that it seems to rattle the entire game, any advice on how to lessen the vibrations from the sub besides just turning down the volume?

Put anti-rattle tape on the edges of the glass. That is how it was done for TNA and ACNC with the great sound system.

https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

#3397 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think it would be a bad idea to have a dimension for an optional accessory. Same goes for a shaker dimension. I think either should be used to give extra feedback or effects as intended.

Not true because there is a knocker sound isn’t there? Have you ever got a free game on a pin with no knocker you get a funny sound from the fake Knocker. It can either be a real knocker or fake sound but it’s still on all machines.

#3398 3 years ago

Does anyone else notice the beginning of Whirly Dirly, when the are getting in the ride, it’s kinda soft (low volume)?

#3399 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

To many people a knocker is not an optional accesory for pinball. If some people do not like knockers that is fine too. A knocker dimension would not be a bad idea at all. People that don't like real knockers can just have the fake boobs, I mean knockers, when in that dimension. No problem! .... or order a real knocker. Easy

I will definately not be having a shaker in my game. Does that mean there should not be a shaker dimension?? . No. It does not. Shaker dimension can still exist with or without a real shaker connected, shaker go "BRRRRRRR" , just the same as fake knockers. Spooky sub probably would out do a shaker using effects, anyway Lol. You don't want it real, cool ... does not make it a bad idea, or not worth doing, for everyone else. Most people.

#3400 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not true because there is a knocker sound isn’t there? Have you ever got a free game on a pin with no knocker you get a funny sound from the fake Knocker. It can either be a real knocker or fake sound but it’s still on all machines.

Man, git outta here wit dis trash. R&M ain’t got no fake knocker noise. No knocker - no knock.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
8,800 (OBO)
Trade
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.