(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 404.
#3851 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Added a couple short LED strips to the topper. The camera makes the LEDs wash out the artwork, but it doesn't in real life. Now you can see it even when the portal isnt active and in a dark room.
[quoted image]

I added a strip also.

E8DBAFA6-5DCB-4BBC-870E-0EF0120D6F74 (resized).jpegE8DBAFA6-5DCB-4BBC-870E-0EF0120D6F74 (resized).jpeg
#3852 3 years ago

quick tip - the lock nut on the leg leveler is designed to go under the leg.

#3853 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I just took my front leg ones off...both ACNC and R&M. Made the pitch perfect. Just the leveler all the way down. No nut necessary.

#3854 3 years ago

Nut goes under to help hold the weight, relieve pressure on the leg threads.

#3855 3 years ago

you can do that if your floors are perfectly level and they're tight up against the legs. Personally i'd still like to be able to get a wrench on them. Over time the threads will corrode a bit and the levelers will be difficult to get off.

Quoted from dnapac:

I just took my front leg ones off...both ACNC and R&M. Made the pitch perfect. Just the leveler all the way down. No nut necessary.

#3856 3 years ago

Thanks. I know how they're designed to be used but I never use the leveler nuts at home. Its easier to adjust on the fly without them. I always start with my front leveler flat against the leg and level as needed. I haven't had any fail yet and if they do its only about $1 for a new one.

#3857 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks. I know how they're designed to be used but I never use the leveler nuts at home. Its easier to adjust on the fly without them. I always start with my front leveler flat against the leg and level as needed. I haven't had any fail yet and if they do its only about $1 for a new one.

Being locked up firmly, helps prevent damage to the threads over time vs if left loose. Same goes for leg bolts into cabinet, which also protects the cabinet from damage in that case.

If leg leveler locknuts from the top are done tight down onto the crimped nipple type "nut-sert", it will damage the nut thread, the leg insert thread, and the leveler thread. The lack of flange face top side is one problem doing that, with these. No nut ok, but I wouldn't lock from the top in most cases.

#3858 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

agreed

Front legs, nut on top
Back legs, nut on bottom

#3859 3 years ago

Found this in a store yesterday.

A0584E16-803E-49EF-B0DB-265DFFD74737 (resized).jpegA0584E16-803E-49EF-B0DB-265DFFD74737 (resized).jpeg

EE014FAD-5640-45E7-853D-A964D950372D (resized).jpegEE014FAD-5640-45E7-853D-A964D950372D (resized).jpeg
#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Nut goes under to help hold the weight, relieve pressure on the leg threads.

Quoted from razorsedge:

Being locked up firmly prevents the damage that will otherwase occur to the threads over time if left loose. Same goes for leg bolts into cabinet, which also protects the cabinet from damage in that case.

Thanks guys. I'll switch the nut to the bottom on my back legs at least and reduce the pitch a bit to see if that helps with the right ramp drains.

On a side note, does anyone know where you can still buy drop dead foam? It looks like Pinbits is oos.

#3861 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks guys. I'll switch the nut to the bottom on my back legs at least and reduce the pitch a bit to see if that helps with the right ramp drains.

scott suggested the game plays best at 6.9 degrees

I agree

#3862 3 years ago

Woah.

#3863 3 years ago

Can somebody check the length of the machine? I've got a couple vehicles to take for pickup, and just want to make sure it fits my Jeep Renegade. Otherwise I may have to go to my backup vehicle. I measured my Sterns and it looks like a few inches to spare (topper?) but want to make sure before making the trek.

#3864 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Can somebody check the length of the machine? I've got a couple vehicles to take for pickup, and just want to make sure it fits my Jeep Renegade. Otherwise I may have to go to my backup vehicle. I measured my Sterns and it looks like a few inches to spare (topper?) but want to make sure before making the trek.

Length might be ok, but height I think you’ll be a couple inches short at the opening of the hatch...unless you take the head off, and then I’m not sure about the width with the head beside the cab. I don’t have a renegade, but looked into it a year ago as my pinhauler (I didn’t buy it because of this) and this is what I remember.

#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

The cabinet is 51-5/8" long, plus 3/4" for the wood rails on the back and a 1" protuberance for the coin door. So, 53-3/8" to be exact.

#3866 3 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

The cabinet is 51-5/8" long, plus 3/4" for the wood rails on the back and a 1" protuberance for the coin door. So, 53-3/8" to be exact.

A few recent unboxing pictures have shown that with the head down, the topper actually sticks out a bit beyond the cabinet (don't have a measurement for that though) -- so be sure to be aware of that!

#3867 3 years ago

Yes that topper is getting close to the limit, but would fit in the armrest gap or I could unscrew too i'm assuming. Just so much better driving the Jeep than the RAV. I am right at 57.5" or so. Thanks for checking!

#3868 3 years ago

Rick and Morty #85 has arrived!

Managed to pick up and unbox before the gauntlet of conference calls start for the day.

This is my first spooky pin, so there were some new experiences so far.

Packaging was solid, easy to get out of the box and so far only minimum scuffing from shipping on the backbox trim.
Pinballs, like others had mentioned, are gnarly. Tossed in some new Marco balls and I'll see if I can clean these ones up.
The basketball hoop on the house fell off, added some fresh double sided tape.

A few cables were loose on inspection. Two minute call with Spooky got everything sorted and we're in action.

Overall extremely impressed with the initial look and feel of the game. Topper is amazing, lighting pops, playfield is awesome.

IMG_0962 (resized).pngIMG_0962 (resized).pngIMG_9135 (resized).pngIMG_9135 (resized).pngIMG_1933 (resized).pngIMG_1933 (resized).pngIMG_3325 (resized).pngIMG_3325 (resized).pngIMG_5969 (resized).pngIMG_5969 (resized).pngIMG_6646 (resized).pngIMG_6646 (resized).pngIMG_7523 (resized).pngIMG_7523 (resized).pngIMG_9489 (resized).pngIMG_9489 (resized).pngIMG_9608 (resized).pngIMG_9608 (resized).png
#3869 3 years ago

_xizor game looks great. Love the purple coin door, looks awesome. Good luck staying focused in those conference calls!!

#3870 3 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

Rick and Morty #85 has arrived!
Managed to pick up and unbox before the gauntlet of conference calls start for the day.
This is my first spooky pin, so there were some new experiences so far.
Packaging was solid, easy to get out of the box and so far only minimum scuffing from shipping on the backbox trim.
Pinballs, like others had mentioned, are gnarly. Tossed in some new Marco balls and I'll see if I can clean these ones up.
The basketball hoop on the house fell off, added some fresh double sided tape.
A few cables were loose on inspection. Two minute call with Spooky got everything sorted and we're in action.
Overall extremely impressed with the initial look and feel of the game. Topper is amazing, lighting pops, playfield is awesome.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, welcome to the club! I had the same problem with my balls.. and I also had a bonus spare one also rusted floating loose around the cabinet.

#3871 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

.. and I also had a bonus spare one also rusted floating loose around the cabinet.

It was probably mine, my machine came with 4, caused about 20 minutes of head scratching trying to work out why the machine wouldn't start

#3872 3 years ago

Just cleaned everything up and updated to latest firmware.

All I can say out of the first 20 games is wow. It's even better than the hype!

The call out / shot integration is excellent, game play feels very much like I assumed it would. Has it's own unique feel, very fun.
After going through it top to bottom from a wiring perspective, it's looking extremely routable.
The scuffing on the backbox edges was all surface / dust as I hoped, cleaned up immaculately.

I can not begin to describe the responsiveness of service I've had this morning. Exceptional is an understatement.

#3873 3 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

Just cleaned everything up and updated to latest firmware.
All I can say out of the first 20 games is wow. It's even better than the hype!
The call out / shot integration is excellent, game play feels very much like I assumed it would. Has it's own unique feel, very fun.
After going through it top to bottom from a wiring perspective, it's looking extremely routable.
The scuffing on the backbox edges was all surface / dust as I hoped, cleaned up immaculately.
I can not begin to describe the responsiveness of service I've had this morning. Exceptional is an understatement.

I’m not sure why this game is so much fun and compelling to play. But it just is. Everything comes together to create something special.

#3874 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m not sure why this game is so much fun and compelling to play. But it just is. Everything comes together to create something special.

Agreed. I took delivery of both Rick and Morty and Jurassic Park Prem 10 days ago and I play this game 10 to 1 over JP. Its just so much fun and addictive to play!

#3875 3 years ago

Game really is a flipping blast!

Hoping people getting the chance to play it also get around to updating ratings. This game is for sure a top 10 of all time.

It was blasted on Pinside ratings largely due to the haters and likely partly due to the haters of my excitement at the early stages. Now that others are validating the hype, hopefully it overcomes the Bs ratings.

#3876 3 years ago

This pin should be ranked in the top 10 .
100%

Not that it really matters but it should be there. So go on and rate it owners.

#3877 3 years ago

Just put on some Titan low bounce flipper rubbers and the difference is night and day. First game with them on I more than doubled my previous high score. The bounces are softer and more reliable, and it's way easier to cradle.

Some games need them more than others (Stern and JJP factory rubbers are decent), but Titans go on all my games at this point. Especially Spooky and AP games.

#3878 3 years ago

I agree this should be in the top 10. Unfortunately, I have been disillusioned from the ranking in the top 100. Yes, there are fanboys...but isn’t that the point? Rank it high if you like it. Hell, go nuts! Sadly, there are plenty pinsiders who this pisses off and they give unbelievable reviews in the negative, just because. So, to me, the top 100 doesn’t mean nearly as much as it used to back-in-the-day.

#3879 3 years ago

I think it’s going to take time for this to settle in and find it’s place in the rankings.
Let’s be honest, more or less there are only 100 or so machines out there at the moment. Couple that with peoples inability to play it, either from lack of machines on location (for now), locations not being open etc. etc. give it time and people will play it and review it.

I’ve read all the reviews people have left thus far, some good, some bad. Some are from fans, some are from haters. Some are from people who have clearly played the machine and left quite insightful reviews. Some reviews are left by people whom I’m not sure have even played it and left a review based on what they saw on a stream or what they think about the layout. It’s very strange and I’m not sure I understand some of those reviews at all, or why someone would review a pin they have never played.

The one thing I do think is true is that as these machines get out in the world people that did not get one are going to play it and realize they missed out.
Give it time and people will figure it out.
The game is addictive and fun as hell as it is now. Code is still in the early stages and it’s already really good. Once more adventures get added this game is going to friggin Rock even more.
I feel very fortunate to have gotten one and think this is a very special game.

#3880 3 years ago

101 in the house, next to her brother Mr. Cooper, Game is awesome and everything working great it seems!

IMG_20200622_224726 (resized).jpgIMG_20200622_224726 (resized).jpg
#3881 3 years ago

I'm confused, Rick and Morty next to her brother.

#3882 3 years ago

Watched slut dragon episode - man, it will be funny if it makes an appearance

#3883 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Watched slut dragon episode - man, it will be funny if it makes an appearance

Almost fell out of my chair laughing the first time I saw it.
Crossing my fingers the Woolly Mammoth gets incorporated into the game.

#3884 3 years ago

Anyone else get the occasional random reboot? It's happened 3 times in the week I've had my machine. I understand you can dump log files to a USB stick? How do you do that?

It rebooted just now, first time on 06.19 code, other 2 times was on the previous code.

I'm also having a few infrequent flipper issues, sometimes either of my lower flippers can stick up, and I just had a definite no flip on lower right. I had originally thought the sticking up flippers was just the buttons sticking but I've changed those and it's still happening. Mechs move freely and are not catching on the eos blades or binding on the playfield bushing. I need to think faster when it happens to try to diagnose but I'm usually mashing buttons and they drop again.

#3885 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone else get the occasional random reboot? It's happened 3 times in the week I've had my machine. I understand you can dump log files to a USB stick? How do you do that?

Put a blank usb stick into the game while it’s on and it will dump logs and settings to the usb drive. Then send the logs via email to either to me or spooky directly.

Quoted from Kevlar:

I'm also having a few infrequent flipper issues, sometimes either of my lower flippers can stick up, and I just had a definite no flip on lower right. I had originally thought the sticking up flippers was just the buttons sticking but I've changed those and it's still happening. Mechs move freely and are not catching on the eos blades or binding on the playfield bushing. I need to think faster when it happens to try to diagnose but I'm usually mashing buttons and they drop again.

The sticking can happen if your EOS switches are adjusted to close too near to the end. You want them to close/open near the end of the stroke, but if you set them at the very extreme end where they just barely close you may end up with a flipper held randomly due to certain latency things we just have to deal with.

#3886 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Put a blank usb stick into the game while it’s on and it will dump logs and settings to the usb drive. Then send the logs via email to either to me or spooky directly.

The sticking can happen if your EOS switches are adjusted to close too near to the end. You want them to close/open near the end of the stroke, but if you set them at the very extreme end where they just barely close you may end up with a flipper held randomly due to certain latency things we just have to deal with.

Thanks Eric, I'll get the log file to you shortly.

Bit gutted with the EOS answer, I only just adjusted them to deal with the knockdown issue, I hope it's not a case of having to deal with a little knockdown to not get the sticking flippers

#3887 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:I agree this should be in the top 10. Unfortunately, I have been disillusioned from the ranking in the top 100.

Disillusionment is a cornerstone of the Rick and Morty Universe. I say true fans will never care about where it sits in the top 10!

Rick and Morty: Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Come play pinball.

4D5C4B5A-86AA-402E-86AC-7FCFAD3869C7 (resized).jpeg4D5C4B5A-86AA-402E-86AC-7FCFAD3869C7 (resized).jpeg
#3888 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks Eric, I'll get the log file to you shortly.
Bit gutted with the EOS answer, I only just adjusted them to deal with the knockdown issue, I hope it's not a case of having to deal with a little knockdown to not get the sticking flippers

You don’t have to dial them back much. There is certainly a sweet spot where the won’t “Stick” and will still recover well.

#3889 3 years ago

Ripping into the city today to go pick up #84!!!!!

#3890 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I agree this should be in the top 10. Unfortunately, I have been disillusioned from the ranking in the top 100. Yes, there are fanboys...but isn’t that the point? Rank it high if you like it. Hell, go nuts! Sadly, there are plenty pinsiders who this pisses off and they give unbelievable reviews in the negative, just because. So, to me, the top 100 doesn’t mean nearly as much as it used to back-in-the-day.

I agree

Still would be somewhat nice for team Spooky to see the game settle out where it should, in top 10.

There is an opportunity for owners to go rate the blood suckers edition and also the std (if you have not). While separate games in Pinside, they are in reality the same game just some trim differences. So might as well rate em both

#3891 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There is an opportunity for owners to rate the blood suckers edition and also the standard.

Since the standards haven't been made yet, the haters have probably only down-rated the BSE version of R&M.
If BSE owners rate them high, the R&M standard edition could make Pinside's top ten before they are even produced.

#3892 3 years ago

When it comes to rating, I wish we had something that addressed value for dollar / cost. The pinball bang for the buck is amazing.

In the olden days of Play Meter magazine showing route earnings for a title, you could always see if a new game you didn't have access to was crushing it.
I can see this being an exceptional pin on route...

Entering day 2 with it in my possession, I'm blown away from the value for dollar on the licensing alone. If this was another manufacturer, we'd probably all be complaining about topper DLC right now.

#3893 3 years ago

I've only had my game about 11 days and was on vacation for 3 of those and I just did an audit dump and was surprised to see I already have 169 games played. It's just so addictive! Also had quite a few game restarts, most of those are due to my toddler that likes to start 4 player games but some of those were me as well.-Love the animation and sound clips for this!

Some interesting things from the audit.
-I had nearly the same amount of left ramp shots hit as right ramps.-really balanced. although those numbers seem really low.
-Very few left drains compared to right
-Avg. game of around 4.9 Mil
-65 Super skillshots - based on 584 balls played that's only about 11%.- something to work on.
-I'm only averaging just less than 2 adventures started per game.
-only 7 extra balls.

Now that I've got some more time in I think it's time to write up a review here on Pinside!

RMaudits (resized).pngRMaudits (resized).png

#3894 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've only had my game about 11 days and was on vacation for 3 of those and I just did an audit dump and was surprised to see I already have 169 games played.
-only 7 extra balls.
[quoted image]

I rarely snag an extra ball on my ACNC. My guess is the rules guru Bowen wants it that way. I could be wrong, but limiting most games to 3 balls really prepares players for tournament style play when no extra balls are allowed.

#3895 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've only had my game about 11 days and was on vacation for 3 of those and I just did an audit dump and was surprised to see I already have 169 games played. It's just so addictive! Also had quite a few game restarts, most of those are due to my toddler that likes to start 4 player games but some of those were me as well.-Love the animation and sound clips for this!
Some interesting things from the audit.
-I had nearly the same amount of left ramp shots hit as right ramps.-really balanced. although those numbers seem really low.
-Very few left drains compared to right
-Avg. game of around 4.9 Mil
-65 Super skillshots - based on 584 balls played that's only about 11%.- something to work on.
-I'm only averaging just less than 2 adventures started per game.
-only 7 extra balls.
Now that I've got some more time in I think it's time to write up a review here on Pinside!
[quoted image]

A subtle insight from the data... looks like Spooky places the magnet on the better (correct) side. Makes charging the magnasave worth it when it will likely be put to more use.

#3896 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

A subtle insight from the data... looks like Spooky places the magnet on the better (correct) side. Makes charging the magnasave worth it when it will likely be put to more use.

Agreed. The left side outlane is up really high and you rarely get cheap drains. The way the magna-save is placed on the right side is brilliant in how it's implemented. You can't save the screamers, but you can save quite a few of the wanderer's provided you have enough charge built up. It's really fun to use!

#3897 3 years ago

Dumb question, how do you charge the magna save?

#3898 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Dumb question, how do you charge the magna save?

Flooble crank - metal post that triggers a captive ball.

#3899 3 years ago

Wassssssup mother fuckers!!!
270k home

B9768002-E874-42DC-8124-6A6A09E0673E (resized).jpegB9768002-E874-42DC-8124-6A6A09E0673E (resized).jpegB6BB1200-FEE2-4143-A127-D48CE206B0C4 (resized).jpegB6BB1200-FEE2-4143-A127-D48CE206B0C4 (resized).jpeg38396777-15A1-4007-9EBF-43A001727711 (resized).jpeg38396777-15A1-4007-9EBF-43A001727711 (resized).jpeg
#3900 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Wassssssup mother fuckers!!!
270k home

I believe the country on there says USA, where you think you are taking that? Leave it at the border and one of us will come get it back where it belongs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.