(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 404.
#4601 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Happens on my game. It's probably normal as theres probably tons of spin introduced into the ball with a lightening fast shot and it whips around the horseshoe. That's why Eric put the short ball saver when a ball goes through the horseshoe to keep cheap SDTM drains from happening.

Quoted from Kevlar:

I think it's always going to be variable depending on ball speed, sometimes balls exiting left on my machine cut all the way across to the right flipper.

Quoted from ziz:

Happens for me too, it’s a shot to avoid. The flooblecrank shot is so important and is consistently one of my highest priority shots, both for powering the anti-gravity, and in this case to set up a lock so that the horseshoe is closed and doesn’t just fire the ball back at you. Lots of strategy and setup shots in this game which I really like.

Thanks guys! I figured it was probably typical. Ive found that shooting the left side of the horseshoe with the lower right flipper is almost always safe regardless of speed. Just need to remember to be careful and make strategic choices when shooting from the left when it's open.

#4602 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Question for those with some time on the game.
If you fire a fast shot with the left flipper around the right side of the horseshoe when open (exiting left), where does the ball end up? On mine the lightning fast shots seem to go SDTM. Ive played around a bit with pitch and level but can't seem to avoid it. Are there any adjustments I can make to help with this? I try to be smart about avoiding that shot whenever possible just because it is so deadly on my game. Thanks!

I haven’t seen a sdtm drain from there ever.

#4603 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Question for those with some time on the game.
If you fire a fast shot with the left flipper around the right side of the horseshoe when open (exiting left), where does the ball end up? On mine the lightning fast shots seem to go SDTM. Ive played around a bit with pitch and level but can't seem to avoid it. Are there any adjustments I can make to help with this? I try to be smart about avoiding that shot whenever possible just because it is so deadly on my game. Thanks!

This may be a dumb question, but, where does the rail inside the ship line up with the rubber on the left side? This may be different from my janky white wood, but on mine, if that rail is pushed left so the ball hits the back of the rubber post in front, that’s when I get center drains.

Super high quality visual aide:

6D89BCA1-6323-4EE9-970B-17A8471ECD35 (resized).jpeg6D89BCA1-6323-4EE9-970B-17A8471ECD35 (resized).jpeg
#4604 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Happens on my game. It's probably normal as theres probably tons of spin introduced into the ball with a lightening fast shot and it whips around the horseshoe. That's why Eric put the short ball saver when a ball goes through the horseshoe to keep cheap SDTM drains from happening.

Happens to me as well.

#4605 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This may be a dumb question, but, where does the rail inside the ship line up with the rubber on the left side? This may be different from my janky white wood, but on mine, if that rail is pushed left so the ball hits the back of the rubber post in front, that’s when I get center drains.
Super high quality visual aide:[quoted image]

The rail lines up just right of the post rubber. I don't think it makes contact. One thing to note though is that I'm using Cliffy sleeves which are slightly wider. I switched that post back to one of the thinner stock ones just now to see if it makes a difference. After 2 games I don't think its any different, but ill leave it in for a while to see for sure.

20200726_184211 (resized).jpg20200726_184211 (resized).jpg
#4606 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Happens to me as well.

I was having this issue but re-leveled the game and set the pitch back to 6.5 and had no problems.

#4607 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Super high quality visual aide:[quoted image]

I think you need a Production game now

Seems like that should be partial payment after the first 150 are out the door.

#4608 3 years ago

Got an idea... thinking about a way to put a digital screen in here to make the letter/numbers random?

0CA8FDEC-11F6-4686-BD3B-6B894E10E370 (resized).jpeg0CA8FDEC-11F6-4686-BD3B-6B894E10E370 (resized).jpeg

#4609 3 years ago
Quoted from Westbury:

Mortynight Run S02E02

Yupp you got it. I spelled the saying wrong its glems not glooms. But cool you knew the answer.

#4610 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Got an idea... thinking about a way to put a digital screen in here to make the letter/numbers random?
[quoted image]

Maybe 5 small Alpha-numeric display blocks instead, like the actual thing? (rather than an LCD display panel).

Would be cool

#4611 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Maybe 5 small Alpha-numeric display blocks instead, like the actual thing? (rather than an LCD display panel).
Would be cool

Surely someone could figure this out... just make it a plug n play kit where u have to drill a hole behind that sticker and hook it up to power under the playfield.
Current gun looks okay but needs love.

#4612 3 years ago

If someone wants to be a real showoff thos 5 displays could also at times in between display a scrolling text message like you would get with sys11 etc.

"Portal Gun Ready!!"

"Caution - Low Power"

"Launch the Ball!"

#4613 3 years ago

You son of a bitch. I’m in.

#4614 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

[quoted image]

Love it !!

#4615 3 years ago

And away we go.....to Benton Wisconsin.

20200727_061700 (resized).jpg20200727_061700 (resized).jpg

#4616 3 years ago

Taking off Eric's awesome pic. Make sure that the part I circled in red below is straight. If there is a bend in it (either direction) it will send the ball places it was not intended to go. The horseshoe should deliver the ball most of the time on the same side flipper. Sometimes it will get a spin to it that can affect where it goes, but that is what the cheap ball saver is for.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4617 3 years ago

Could someone please show me what the "Butter Cabinet " looks like ? Whats different in the Blood Sucker ?

#4618 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Could someone please show me what the "Butter Cabinet " looks like ? Whats different in the Blood Sucker ?

Butter cabinet doesn't come across in pictures. It's a clear-coated direct-print on the wood. VERY shiny.

The Blood Sucker edition is the fancy cut purple armor instead of black, and different speaker grills, and a plaque I think.

#4619 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Taking off Eric's awesome pic. Make sure that the part I circled in red below is straight. If there is a bend in it (either direction) it will send the ball places it was not intended to go. The horseshoe should deliver the ball most of the time on the same side flipper. Sometimes it will get a spin to it that can affect where it goes, but that is what the cheap ball saver is for. [quoted image]

Thanks Scott! There does seem to be a very slight bend in the rail caused by a post rubber on the left. I didn't want to mess with it though as I figured it was there for support.

Also, everyone keeps mentioning a cheap ball saver for when this happens. Is this on by default? Because it rarely gives me a ball save when this happens in a game. Im pretty good at skillfully avoiding these drains and knowing when not to shoot. I was just curious as to whether they were typical or not.

20200726_184258 (resized).jpg20200726_184258 (resized).jpg20200726_184317 (resized).jpg20200726_184317 (resized).jpg
#4620 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Also, everyone keeps mentioning a cheap ball saver for when this happens. Is this on by default?

Yes. Available, but off by default.

#4621 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes. Available, but off by default.

Thanks Eric for the easy solution. I'll get this turned on and see how it goes!

#4622 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks Eric for the easy solution. I'll get this turned on and see how it goes!

It really keeps you from getting screwed on a fast solid shot. I would vote for putting it on by default.

#4623 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

If someone wants to be a real showoff thos 5 displays could also at times in between display a scrolling text message like you would get with sys11 etc.
"portal gun fully lit!!"
"Caution - Low Power"
"Launch the Ball!"

Absolutely!

#4624 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It really keeps you from getting screwed on a fast solid shot. I would vote for putting it on by default.

Hell I didnt know it even existed until now. Ive lost many a ball down the drain cuz of this and will be turning it on this evening.

#4625 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Taking off Eric's awesome pic. Make sure that the part I circled in red below is straight. If there is a bend in it (either direction) it will send the ball places it was not intended to go. The horseshoe should deliver the ball most of the time on the same side flipper. Sometimes it will get a spin to it that can affect where it goes, but that is what the cheap ball saver is for. [quoted image]

Ok. This was an easy fix. On top of the rail tab is a clear plastic post with a silicone ring. The ring was causing the rail to push to the right. I removed the ring and was able to adjust the rail perfectly straight. Now even super fast shots return to the left flipper.

My right side seems fine even with the ring so ill leave it in place. I'm glad I was able to resolve this using a physical fix vs. Relying on software.

Thanks for your help!

20200727_095314 (resized).jpg20200727_095314 (resized).jpg20200727_095448 (resized).jpg20200727_095448 (resized).jpg
#4626 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Ok. This was an easy fix. On top of the rail tab is a clear plastic post with a silicone ring. The ring was causing the rail to push to the right. I removed the ring and was able to adjust the rail perfectly straight. Now even super fast shots return to the left flipper.
My right side seems fine even with the ring so ill leave it in place. I'm glad I was able to resolve this using a physical fix vs. Relying on software.
Thanks for your help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool. Going to check mine tonight.

#4627 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

[quoted image]

Yeah, that's something I speculated about way early on. I wish I was getting my game earlier (instead of one of the last, ha), to give me time to figure this out, and my daughter (and I) a proper reason to really dig in and learn coding...

...because I actually envision this is a mod-hack toward making the game even more immersive. First, you get the LCD readout working. But instead of making it "random", you make it read the actual Game Dimension in play. Awesome!

But why stop there? Move the portal gun outside the cab, and turn it into the ball launcher. Not only does that make the experience more immersive - you literally fire the portal gun and away you go - but now what if the LCD readout was "randomized" until the pull the trigger? Whatever it landed on when you fired the gun = the mode you're in!

Imagine the possibilities: everything from "skill shots", to maybe that "choose your own mode" feature only works when Morty gets the card full. Or secret modes that can only be revealed during a lucky timed "plunge" and not normal ball gameplay.

Granted - everything I just mentioned requires some serious code hacking, but my what a ton of fun with the gun that would be.

#4628 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Cool. Going to check mine tonight.

It plays so much better when you don't get the cheap drains. It really helps in multiball. Only put in 1 game since making the adjustment and set a new Megaseed high.

20200727_102934 (resized).jpg20200727_102934 (resized).jpg
#4629 3 years ago

Excellent work MikeS ... I can see that my metal rail is not lining up with the natural coloring of the wood marty drop target like yours is now. I will be removing the rubber tonight instead of turning on the ball save!

#4630 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It plays so much better when you don't get the cheap drains. It really helps in multiball. Only put in 1 game since making the adjustment and set a new Megaseed high.
[quoted image]

Awesome. Going to be a great community in this thread I think... people sharing tips and tweaks.

#4631 3 years ago

Thanks for pointing that out MikeS now I need to see if mine is doing anything as well.

#4632 3 years ago

Did Rick and Morty sample Return of the Jedi?
My wife and son were watching Jedi this morning and noticed this.
The scream the guy makes when he falls into the Sarlac pit at 0.57 in the video appears to be the same scream from the scream dimension.
I walked in the room to find my wife and son rewind it and laughing repeatedly.

#4633 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Did Rick and Morty sample Return of the Jedi?
My wife and son were watching Jedi this morning and noticed this.
The scream the guy makes when he falls into the Sarlac pit at 0.57 in the video appears to be the same scream from the scream dimension.
I walked in the room to find my wife and son rewind it and laughing repeatedly.

That's the Wilhelm scream.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream

#4634 3 years ago

Anyone get their build sheets or invoices today? Love watching those numbers climb!!

#4635 3 years ago

Lol, gotcha.
I’m not sure that I can play this now without thinking about the Sarlac pit eating someone. Lol

#4636 3 years ago

RAM is starting to Rise Up. At least in the world of Pinside where it ranks in the Top20. Time will tell how it turns out, but more importantly a lot more ratings are needed before this is considered legit.

4E8C92E9-59CC-4062-B903-FB765E1E9154.jpeg4E8C92E9-59CC-4062-B903-FB765E1E9154.jpeg
#4637 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

RAM is stepping up in the world. At least in the world of Pinside where it ranks in the Top20. Time will tell how it turns out, but more importantly it needs a lot more ratings to be considered legit.

Oh, this fuckers legit! Legit

#4638 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

RAM is starting to Rise Up. At least in the world of Pinside where it ranks in the Top20. Time will tell how it turns out, but more importantly a lot more ratings are needed before this is considered legit.[quoted image]

More people need to rate the standard edition, which for all practical gameplay purposes is the same game. Then they get linked together in a “game group” with cumulative points ratings.

#4639 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Lol, gotcha.
I’m not sure that I can play this now without thinking about the Sarlac pit eating someone. Lol

Sarlac pit dimension.

#4640 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

More people need to rate the standard edition, which for all practical gameplay purposes is the same game. Then they get linked together in a “game group” with cumulative points ratings.

Game grouping keeps both game scores separate and uses the highest one for the group. Does not average the scores.

I agree with your suggestion to also rank the standard, as it is the same game sans powdered hardware.

RAM needs a dimension where they visit NY in 1776 and experience life by acting out Hamilton. Weird Al has saved you 2 hours for anyone with attention deficit.

#4641 3 years ago

Does rick & morty not come with a tilt bob? Ours seems to be missing. Didn't come installed, didn't find it in the packaging, or inside the cab. Our final game packing checklist was not filled out either.

#4642 3 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Does rick & morty not come with a tilt bob? Ours seems to be missing. Didn't come installed, didn't find it in the packaging, or inside the cab.

My weight was stapled inside bottom of cab in a small bag. Might have missed it. Just give them a holler, they’ll get ya made right!

#4643 3 years ago

Setup my game today, awesome carrier service. My ball launch will reject from the end of the wireform 2-3 times before getting a supershot over the top of the shooter lane - can someone post what it’s supposed to look like?

#4644 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Setup my game today, awesome carrier service. My ball launch will reject from the end of the wireform 2-3 times before getting a supershot over the top of the shooter lane - can someone post what it’s supposed to look like?

Check spooky YouTube. They have Luke I believe doing a very very minor adjustment for that.

Actually, go through the threads Key Posts, everythig you’ll want is in there

#4645 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Check spooky YouTube. They have Luke I believe doing a very very minor adjustment for that.
Actually, go through the threads Key Posts, everythig you’ll want is in there

Thank you, I thought I saw it way earlier in the thread and Spooky solved it so I think it’s a bit different.

#4646 3 years ago

Adjust the shooting lane coil power. We just got ours today too and had to do that cause the ball wouldn't make it all the way up the ramp.

#4647 3 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Adjust the shooting lane coil power. We just got ours today too and had to do that cause the ball wouldn't make it all the way up the ramp.

Default was 13, moved it to a 12 because 15 way over shot and 10 never made it. Set at 6.8 degree incline. It seems there are two different coil powers, the initial goes all the way up but if a second ball comes into play it doesnt have enough to make it up. Then if you add a ball ir get a save you get two stuck in the shooter lane.

#4648 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Thank you, I thought I saw it way earlier in the thread and Spooky solved it so I think it’s a bit different.

I didn't see it "solved" as yet?, just an interim "tweak" fix. If it has been adressed I missed it, sorry. The shooter wireform still gives trouble afaik, from going through the posts. It is rather flimsy. I believe some form of simple mod (add-on) *could* address it?. Numerous posts critical of the wireform, and describing issues, have not been made key posts. You have to wade through or search to find them. The "tweaks" do not address all issues. The issue you describe does fit the bill though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/84#post-5732689

#4649 3 years ago
Quoted from Hungryforapples:

Anyone from Australia know the most cost effective way to pay spooky?
the quickbooks link requires a credit card or routing number. If I pay through CBA it seems I'll pay 500 or so more than a service like transferwise...
Any ideas?
Cheers,
Matt

I just paid it on my phone with Apple Pay, didn't see any further charges. Was just happy to know it's all paid up now.

#4650 3 years ago

Did you guys hear about Spencer Grammar getting her arm slashed? KEEP SUMMER SAFE!!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/spencer-grammer-recovering-slashing-attack-222525772.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.